PDA

View Full Version : @ Illinois State 2021 Tickets

NDSUKurt
07-27-2021, 02:10 PM
For anyone that is planning to make the trip to Bloomington, the tickets just went on sale this morning (Tuesday, 7/27).

The NDSU game is homecoming for Illinois State, so if you are considering going, I would get the tickets now.

I was just able to score 4 tickets - 2 adult and 2 child seats - for $110 total, no fees at all, in section W123 (behind the visitor bench).

It is only a little over 3 hours for me to get to Bloomington, so my wife and I decided to go check out their stadium and go to Fargo for a playoff game later. Hopefully the weather will be nice - middle of October in central Illinois should be great.

roadwarrior
07-27-2021, 04:13 PM
Thanks! Ticket purchased.

Bison 4 Life
07-27-2021, 04:14 PM
Last time I bought tickets and then two were given to me by ISU folks in the tailgate. Better seats too! Weird.

southcliffbison
07-29-2021, 03:13 PM
For anyone that is planning to make the trip to Bloomington, the tickets just went on sale this morning (Tuesday, 7/27).

The NDSU game is homecoming for Illinois State, so if you are considering going, I would get the tickets now.

I was just able to score 4 tickets - 2 adult and 2 child seats - for $110 total, no fees at all, in section W123 (behind the visitor bench).

It is only a little over 3 hours for me to get to Bloomington, so my wife and I decided to go check out their stadium and go to Fargo for a playoff game later. Hopefully the weather will be nice - middle of October in central Illinois should be great.

Just got my two tickets for the Redbird/Bison game. Hancock Stadium, where the Redbirds play, is in Normal, Illnois. What's Bloomington have to do with anything?

Bison 4 Life
07-29-2021, 03:14 PM
Just got my two tickets for the Redbird/Bison game. Hancock Stadium, where the Redbirds play, is in Normal, Illnois. What's Bloomington have to do with anything?

Normal is tiny compared to Blooomington. Think West Fargo.

If you've ever been to Cedar Falls/Waterloo it's kind of the same. The university just happens to be there but it's a part of a bigger area.

southcliffbison
07-29-2021, 03:19 PM

If you've ever been to Cedar Falls/Waterloo it's kind of the same. The university just happens to be there but it's a part of a bigger area.

Thanks for the info; It will be our first time in that area. Any recommendations/suggestions on where to eat?

StL Bison Fan
07-29-2021, 03:23 PM

Many times we stay in Bloomington when hotels are full.

IzzyFlexion
07-29-2021, 04:14 PM

Bloomington: 78,015.
Normal: 54,891.

Bison 4 Life
07-29-2021, 04:32 PM
Bloomington: 78,015.
Normal: 54,891.

Honestly, that its that close surprises me. I guess I usually stay in Bloomington but the interstates circle all the way around Normal so it barely registers with me unless I'm on campus.

StL Bison Fan
07-29-2021, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the info; It will be our first time in that area. Any recommendations/suggestions on where to eat?

We have never really tailgated there. Between bad weather and lack of spaces we just went and ate somewhere. The last few times we have eaten breakfast at a Greek Pancake house. It’s up the road from the stadium. It ain’t pretty but the service and food is great. Dinner is downtown. There is a place with a sign that says “ burritos as big as your head”. They are not.

NDSUKurt
07-29-2021, 05:54 PM

We are planning to make some type family fun weekend out of it. There is a small waterpark north of Bloomington/Normal about 1 hour that we will drive by coming from Wisconsin. We plan to stay there Friday night so my boys can have some fun and then we will drive down to the game (which is great that it is a 2pm kickoff) Saturday morning.

Depending on what direction you are coming from and heading home, there isn't much for awhile after Bloomington/Normal, so you may want to look up some places ahead of time.

Son of a Bison
07-31-2021, 04:07 AM
Your last statement can be misinterpreted and may not apply to all.

We have never really tailgated there. Between bad weather and lack of spaces we just went and ate somewhere. The last few times we have eaten breakfast at a Greek Pancake house. It’s up the road from the stadium. It ain’t pretty but the service and food is great. Dinner is downtown. There is a place with a sign that says “ burritos as big as your head”. They are not.

StL Bison Fan
08-01-2021, 04:25 AM
Your last statement can be misinterpreted and may not apply to all.

Perhaps I should have posted a picture of the sign.
But it wouldn’t help, because Bisonville…

BattleBorn
08-17-2021, 08:22 PM
We are getting tickets and we need to buy parking passes in advance. Does anyone know which lot we tailgate?

roadwarrior
08-17-2021, 09:26 PM
We are getting tickets and we need to buy parking passes in advance. Does anyone know which lot we tailgate?

Good luck with that!

It is homecoming, and the whole scene is pretty much a shit show. I plan on walking from my hotel.

If they are selling reserved spots, I would recommend NW of the stadium.

StL Bison Fan
08-18-2021, 04:00 AM

Agree with Road. Take whatever you can get.