PDA

View Full Version : 2022 Verbal Ashton Beers OT

El_Chapo
07-22-2021, 06:24 PM
6 6 300. Slinger WI

Multiple MAC offers. : Buffalo, Toledo, EMU, CMU, ,MIAMI OH & AIR FORCE & mvfc teams

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/11063656/5fc160017bdcb508a49344a5

great video, great recruit

reformedUNDfan
07-22-2021, 06:26 PM
6 6 300. Slinger WI

Multiple MAC offers. : Buffalo, Toledo, EMU, CMU, , AIR FORCE

A 3* lineman for you lakes, congrats

El_Chapo
07-22-2021, 06:58 PM
A 3* lineman for you lakes, congrats

I wish someone would tell us why they have 0 stars for "Composite" yet 2 or 3 stars on rating below. Natl vs State?

HerdBot
07-22-2021, 07:24 PM
We're killing it this year. Not the super flashy skilled guys but some really really good players. The tall athletic guys who Kramer will mold into future studs. Between McCaslin, Zenzen, and Max Rader I'm really fired up.

reformedUNDfan
07-22-2021, 07:26 PM
I wish someone would tell us why they have 0 stars for "Composite" yet 2 or 3 stars on rating below. Natl vs State?

24/7 is the only recruiting service active in many of these areas, and the composite score requires at least two

El_Chapo
07-22-2021, 07:27 PM
24/7 is the only recruiting service active in many of these areas, and the composite score requires at least two

perfect.

NDSU should be littered with MAC/MWC guys. keep this momentum going

Professor Chaos
07-22-2021, 09:09 PM
Hopefully Fargo Brewing Company is lining up the NIL deal...

tjbison
07-22-2021, 09:22 PM

Drekker > FBC

Hammerhead
07-22-2021, 09:25 PM

Not until he's 21.

oldmantutters
07-22-2021, 10:34 PM
Drekker > FBC

Drekker doesn't send a cent out the door. Also, I'm not sure there are really any local brewery ties to NDSU.

SafeTeeJ
07-22-2021, 10:57 PM
6 6 300. Slinger WI

Multiple MAC offers. : Buffalo, Toledo, EMU, CMU, ,MIAMI OH & AIR FORCE & mvfc teams

great video, great recruit

Can never have to many “beers”
Welcome to the herd!!!

tjbison
07-22-2021, 10:59 PM
Drekker doesn't send a cent out the door. Also, I'm not sure there are really any local brewery ties to NDSU.

I like their beer, don't care about anything else

Welcome to NDSU Ashton, Hopefully he's firm on staying

KSBisonFan
07-23-2021, 01:02 AM
Welcome, Beers! This makes me want Cam 'Miller Time' to win the QB job even more.

Twincitybizon
07-23-2021, 02:07 AM
Welcome, Beers! This makes me want Cam 'Miller Time' to win the QB job even more.

Miller passes laterally to an open and TE eligible Beers for the touchdown! Miller time baby! Let the beers run!

HerdBot
07-23-2021, 11:02 PM
Miller passes laterally to an open and TE eligible Beers for the touchdown! Miller time baby! Let the beers run!

I like the way that sounds but I would rather hear Quincy Patterson goes 80 for a TD run. Beers with a great block. Bison up 42-0. 4th quarter now it's Miller Time!

Jay
12-06-2021, 12:05 AM
Flipped to Minnesota.

B.Schlossman Fan Club
12-06-2021, 12:10 AM
Flipped to Minnesota.

Hard to blame a kid for wanting to play in the Big 10…. Good thing we have a good number of other recruits this year

El_Chapo
12-06-2021, 02:43 AM
Lost another becuz we aint fbs... man that was the best recruit committed.

EC8CH
12-06-2021, 02:44 AM
Lost another becuz we aint fbs...

Beers. Fleck stole our Beers. That should really piss us off.

SDbison
12-06-2021, 02:46 AM
Lost another becuz we aint fbs... How true! But the wait forever to go FBS folks just don't get it.

dewey
12-06-2021, 02:47 AM
Lost another becuz we aint fbs...

Even if NDSU were CUSA or Mountain West I think we would have still lost him to Minnesota.

Dewey

El_Chapo
12-06-2021, 02:48 AM
recruiting class got worse, that was our highest rated recruit . poop.

56BISON73
12-06-2021, 02:49 AM

What makes you think that if were FBS he still wouldnt pick another school?

EC8CH
12-06-2021, 02:51 AM
What makes you think that if were FBS he still wouldnt pick another school?

Cause ain't nobody love Beers more than Bison fans

B.Schlossman Fan Club
12-06-2021, 03:00 AM

P5>>G5 , hard to turn down a big 10 offer, he still would have flipped

scottietohottie
12-06-2021, 03:08 AM
Beers not allowed in the Fargodome.

56BISON73
12-06-2021, 03:12 AM

Be honest. We lost him because we arent in the B10. If thats your beef push for the B10 and be BIG Timey.

Kevin
12-06-2021, 03:13 AM
I’m more of a whiskey guy anyway.

El_Chapo
12-06-2021, 03:15 AM
Beers not allowed in the Fargodome.

haha this is good

23Bison
12-06-2021, 03:17 AM
Also wasn’t our highest rated player via 247. Hegerle is.

HerdBot
12-06-2021, 03:54 AM
That sucks but he wanted to go to the Big 10

NDSU92
12-06-2021, 04:44 AM
Cause ain't nobody love Beers more than Bison fans

Yeah but have we ever stopped to think of whether the beers love us back?

El_Chapo
12-06-2021, 04:48 AM
just like Ko Kieft & Breyvnn Span.... gophs gotta check out our list

WhoRepsTheLurker
12-06-2021, 11:04 AM
Any chance now that Bucky comes after him before signing day? That would be awesome

MankatoBison
12-06-2021, 01:27 PM
That sucks but he wanted to go to the Big 10

I was promised by many here who have told me they are better human beings than me, that these kids EXCLUSIVELY want to play for national titles....

Wow, something must be deeply wrong with this kid's brain and family... doesnt he understand that we are THE national champions 8x in the last 10 years?

Why would someone say no to playing for the perennial national champions and instead play for a team that hasnt won a national championship since the 60s?

Truly is a mystery! I guess we will never ever ever ever ever ever ever know.... An enigma wrapped in a riddle

NDSU92
12-06-2021, 01:35 PM
I was promised by many here who have told me they are better human beings than me, that these kids EXCLUSIVELY want to play for national titles....

Wow, something must be deeply wrong with this kid's brain and family... doesnt he understand that we are THE national champions 8x in the last 10 years?

Why would someone say no to playing for the perennial national champions and instead play for a team that hasnt won a national championship since the 60s?

Truly is a mystery! I guess we will never ever ever ever ever ever ever know.... An enigma wrapped in a riddle

For someone who loves calling out straw man arguments... this is decidedly one lol

MankatoBison
12-06-2021, 02:04 PM
For someone who loves calling out straw man arguments... this is decidedly one lol

I have heard the "we play for national championships instead of bowl games" and "we would get WORSE recruits if we were FBS" ... literally 10x each on this exact website from the FCSers

Decidedly not a straw man. Yes its a straw man for this particular player, but it is a deep felt belief of the FCSers that our recruiting would be worse in FBS because we couldn't pitch national championships

tjamz
12-06-2021, 05:47 PM
I have heard the "we play for national championships instead of bowl games" and "we would get WORSE recruits if we were FBS" ... literally 10x each on this exact website from the FCSers

Decidedly not a straw man. Yes its a straw man for this particular player, but it is a deep felt belief of the FCSers that our recruiting would be worse in FBS because we couldn't pitch national championships

I think there is truth to both sides of that.

There are some players that absolutely come here to play for championships (and for the realization that our players get noticed/drafted in the NFL) rather than (most) G5 conferences and lower level bowl games.

However, when you get a chance to play Big 10 ball and the coach promises you that you have a real shot at competing for a starting job, it's really hard not to take that opportunity as well.

Going FBS won't solve the issue at hand with this player most likely, and there's a chance we wouldn't have got him to commit initially to us if we weren't the top FCS school. I mean, he initially chose us over Buffalo, Toledo, EMU, CMU, ,MIAMI OH & AIR FORCE before flipping his commit to the Gophers. The FCS Forever crowd could easily make the argument that he saw us as better than the MAC, and the MAC is arguably a better conference than CUSA at least for the near future.

My argument would be that IF NDSU can continue winning conference championships AND has a realistic shot at decent Bowl Games, that we would likely get overall better recruits as a G5 than we do as FCS. But we would absolutely lose some players to a team like SDSU/Montana/Montana State if they are perennial championship contenders.

NDSU92
12-06-2021, 06:56 PM

Just how many voices do you have arguing with each other in that head of yours? lol

MankatoBison
12-06-2021, 09:31 PM
Just how many voices do you have arguing with each other in that head of yours? lol

I mean if you ignore literally 100% of the words before and after that blurb, then yes you got me... lol. I mean context matters but I guess not to you

El_Chapo
12-06-2021, 10:03 PM
gopher fans gloating about picking off a jv team for their best recruit = sickening. argh.

Snowgoose
12-06-2021, 10:09 PM
gopher fans gloating about picking off a jv team for their best recruit = sickening. argh.

Well based on the fact that we have had way more lineman drafted since 2006 maybe they are the JV team.

Elvis was a Bison
12-06-2021, 10:10 PM

And the spewing continues despite Tony's edict. Keep flicking your Bic next to the gas can and enjoy your timeout.....

scottietohottie
12-06-2021, 10:13 PM
Yeah chill the fuck out. Those last 2 games of the season are going to be epic.

EC8CH
12-06-2021, 10:37 PM

Goofer fans aren't too bright about life and football specifically. They absolutely should be thrilled they flipped an NDSU O-Line recruit. They should however be concerned he won't develop as well under their system as he would have under NDSU's. Results speak truth.

NDSU92
12-06-2021, 10:38 PM
Goofer fans aren't too bright about life and football specifically. They absolutely should be thrilled they flipped an NDSU O-Line recruit. They should however be concerned he won't develop as well under their system as he would have under NDSU's. Results speak truth.

Lol no kidding. Pssst... hey Gophers, you're stealing the wrong stuff...

GreenfieldBison
12-06-2021, 10:44 PM

Hey bud, just a heads up, the 2021 Gophers OL is pretty highly respected.

I mean, they were down 23 running backs by seasons end and Tanner Morgan is, well, Tanner Morgan. They still had a respectable season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

56BISON73
12-06-2021, 10:46 PM

JV???? Then why are you so upset about losing him????

Elvis was a Bison
12-06-2021, 10:49 PM
The Goofer football program paying for Beers?

That should pretty much seal the deal for Otis!

EC8CH
12-06-2021, 10:52 PM
Hey bud, just a heads up, the 2021 Gophers OL is pretty highly respected.

I mean, they were down 23 running backs by seasons end and Tanner Morgan is, well, Tanner Morgan. They still had a respectable season.

Really must be turning it around. A watched a team of wabbits eat their lunch at the LOS not long ago.

GreenfieldBison
12-06-2021, 11:01 PM
Really must be turning it around. A watched a team of wabbits eat their lunch at the LOS not long ago.

Two years ago. Well, at this point three full seasons ago. So yes lots of growth. All seniors I think.

El_Chapo
12-07-2021, 04:52 AM

they call us that....alot of college fb fans do

MankatoBison
12-07-2021, 02:41 PM
And the spewing continues despite Tony's edict. Keep flicking your Bic next to the gas can and enjoy your timeout.....

You're not refuting the argument, because you cant lol, I'm wearing the timeout as a badge of honor. Nothing says "we have a better argument than you" than banning the counter argument.

I live completely rent free in your mind, and it is extremely fun

MankatoBison
12-07-2021, 02:44 PM

Gopher fans call US JV to make themselves feel better. Chap is pointing out their hypocrisy of their gloating about nabbing a player that is "JV"Caliber.

1. NDSU is JV
2. We should be celebrating when we nab NDSU players because NDSU is actually really good

Only one of these can be true, gopher fans, you have to pick one

GreenfieldBison
12-07-2021, 02:54 PM
Gopher fans call US JV to make themselves feel better. Chap is pointing out their hypocrisy of their gloating about nabbing a player that is "JV"Caliber.

1. NDSU is JV
2. We should be celebrating when we nab NDSU players because NDSU is actually really good

Only one of these can be true, gopher fans, you have to pick one

or:

3. We dodged a bullet by not letting another potential future NFL draft pick head up I-94 to the perceived JV squad there.

MankatoBison
12-07-2021, 04:29 PM
or:

3. We dodged a bullet by not letting another potential future NFL draft pick head up I-94 to the perceived JV squad there.

Haha correct that is much more accurate than my original #2. Good work

Elvis was a Bison
12-07-2021, 06:56 PM

You are probably right. We all have a corner of our mind where dark thoughts and shitty ideas originate. I could see someone like you being comfortable residing there. You're welcome to stay as long as you like.... no charge, of course!

semobison
12-07-2021, 07:12 PM
P5 calls G5 JV! Let’s not kid ourselves.

bison22
12-07-2021, 07:39 PM
I blame Fargo Brewing Co for this loss. They should have offered this kid a huge NIL deal.

JMB
12-07-2021, 08:25 PM

Or people are hanging around gopherhole.com again trying to talk about Bison football on a Minnesota Gopher Fan Page.

JMB
12-07-2021, 08:26 PM
You're not refuting the argument, because you cant lol, I'm wearing the timeout as a badge of honor. Nothing says "we have a better argument than you" than banning the counter argument.

"Strawman" or "Poisoning the Well" trying to decide...