PDA

View Full Version : June 28 Meet Tommy Kramer and June 30 meet Bison greats Jirik, Dempsey and Emanuel!

fmfantasy
06-22-2021, 12:50 AM
Red Dragon Fireworks in Harwood ND just off I29 north of Fargo.

Would love all Bison fans to come out and support these former players- get autographs, pictures and try on all the championship rings.

June 28 5:30-8:30 PM Meet Vikings Great Tommy Kramer and register to win a pair of Vikings vs Bears tickets.
June 30 5-8 PM Meet Bison greats Tre Dempsey, Kyle Emanuel and Cole Jirik and register to win a pair of Vikings VS Lions tickets.
June 27 to July 4 come in to register to win a pair of Vikings VS Packers tickets

goto our facebook page for more info. Thanks

fmfantasy
06-24-2021, 04:09 AM
So if these NCAA changes go in effect this year would we be able to pay Cole Payton to appear at our business? Is ND one of the stats that would have those laws in place for it to happen?

NDSU92
06-25-2021, 12:25 PM
So if these NCAA changes go in effect this year would we be able to pay Cole Payton to appear at our business? Is ND one of the stats that would have those laws in place for it to happen?

You’re probably better served asking the NDSU compliance office.

I can’t wait for how many players unknowingly get themselves banned from NCAA competition because they’re going to have a million adults trying to get them to break the rules for them.

GreenfieldBison
06-25-2021, 10:16 PM
You’re probably better served asking the NDSU compliance office.

I can’t wait for how many players unknowingly get themselves banned from NCAA competition because they’re going to have a million adults trying to get them to break the rules for them.

Wouldn’t the very same compliance office help those players remain on the right side of the regs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SDbison
06-26-2021, 01:32 AM
Wouldn’t the very same compliance office help those players remain on the right side of the regs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Good luck monitoring each and every player. This player compensation thing is the dumbest idea ever. They get a free education like every other player already. They are NOT professionals. This country has gone to shit. Time for teammakers to stop contributing and then lets see what happens.

Dr

NDSU92
06-26-2021, 02:56 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, that’s why he should be reaching out to them and not some fan site full of idiots.

The adults I mention in my comment isn’t the compliance office, it’s the rubes across the country who would love to have the sense of worth they would gain for slipping cash to their favorite player.

56BISON73
06-26-2021, 03:42 AM
I think some are really over reacting to this. One--the great players are already getting paid. 2---many players wont get paid unless the money is pooled from image and likeness.
3--This will also give compensation towards things the NCAA previously said was against the rules.

56BISON73
06-26-2021, 03:45 AM
Yes, that’s why he should be reaching out to them and not some fan site full of idiots.

The adults I mention in my comment isn’t the compliance office, it’s the rubes across the country who would love to have the sense of worth they would gain for slipping cash to their favorite player.

Theyve been doing that since time memorial. Even in the old NCC.

scottietohottie
06-26-2021, 04:11 AM
Good luck monitoring each and every player. This player compensation thing is the dumbest idea ever. They get a free education like every other player already. They are NOT professionals. This country has gone to shit. Time for teammakers to stop contributing and then lets see what happens.

Dr

I noticed while deleting my credit card information off the ndsu ticket site that I could still put in a request to get my seats I didn't renew. I didn't. Just deleted my saved info and left.

NDSU92
06-26-2021, 01:34 PM
I think some are really over reacting to this. One--the great players are already getting paid. 2---many players wont get paid unless the money is pooled from image and likeness.
3--This will also give compensation towards things the NCAA previously said was against the rules.

Could be overreacting. My concern is that 18 year old kids will think it’s free money with no rules and it’s not. You see how much kids post videos online. All it takes is one kid flashing a big wad of cash that wasn’t reported and his career is done.

What happens when a kid at a local high school is being recruited by all Dakota schools and he has a bunch of people giving him cash to help him make his decision? The kid is evading taxes and everyone sending money is committing wire fraud.

I’m under no misconception that this doesn’t happen. It’s the idea that it’s going to be wide open that makes me nervous. Again I don’t blame the kids, I blame the adults who either don’t actually care about the kid, or are too lazy to look up the rules and it gets the kid burned. I really hope the NCAA has a plan for managing this.

56BISON73
06-26-2021, 09:43 PM
Could be overreacting. My concern is that 18 year old kids will think it’s free money with no rules and it’s not. You see how much kids post videos online. All it takes is one kid flashing a big wad of cash that wasn’t reported and his career is done.

What happens when a kid at a local high school is being recruited by all Dakota schools and he has a bunch of people giving him cash to help him make his decision? The kid is evading taxes and everyone sending money is committing wire fraud.

I’m under no misconception that this doesn’t happen. It’s the idea that it’s going to be wide open that makes me nervous. Again I don’t blame the kids, I blame the adults who either don’t actually care about the kid, or are too lazy to look up the rules and it gets the kid burned. I really hope the NCAA has a plan for managing this.

Kids are going to be stupid. Kids are stupid now. When I first showed up on Campus one of the first meetings we had was NCAA Compliance. The does and donts. If you have a question DONT do it until you get clarification. (This goes for current boosters as well). Remember only a certain percentage of players are going to get paid. The rest of the players will benefit from the extra benefits on expenses.
\

PS you are never going to stop under the table payments. Only way you get caught is being stupid.

Hammerhead
06-26-2021, 10:11 PM
Who’s going to decide which players get paid? Will Title 9 require equal payments to female athletes?

Kids are going to be stupid. Kids are stupid now. When I first showed up on Campus one of the first meetings we had was NCAA Compliance. The does and donts. If you have a question DONT do it until you get clarification. (This goes for current boosters as well). Remember only a certain percentage of players are going to get paid. The rest of the players will benefit from the extra benefits on expenses.
\

PS you are never going to stop under the table payments. Only way you get caught is being stupid.

fmfantasy
06-27-2021, 03:35 AM
Well to be clear I am not looking to break the rules or slip players cash.. if they are allowed to earn money off appearances then we would compensate them for that.

Whether they have agents or NDSU arranges it or whatever the exact rules are. I would think any starting bison football player would be able to earn some money as they are the only local celebrities we have.

56BISON73
06-27-2021, 03:45 AM
Who’s going to decide which players get paid? Will Title 9 require equal payments to female athletes?

Image and likeness. Title 9 only requires that they also be reimbursed for the use of image and likeness. Unless they have a pooled resource. But you can bet the big money generators wont like others getting a piece of their pie.

They have already figured out how the NFL spilts up merchandise revenues etc etc so there are models out there to get started.

56BISON73
06-27-2021, 03:46 AM
Well to be clear I am not looking to break the rules or slip players cash.. if they are allowed to earn money off appearances then we would compensate them for that.

Whether they have agents or NDSU arranges it or whatever the exact rules are. I would think any starting bison football player would be able to earn some money as they are the only local celebrities we have.

Somebody has to be making money for the athlete to get paid.

SDbison
06-27-2021, 03:51 AM

So why should we donate money to a program these semi pros play for? Do fans of NFL teams send checks to the teams? If these punks think their likeness is so great then they can give money to their own team to support it. Fuck these selfish asswipes.

Twincitybizon
06-28-2021, 01:19 AM
So why should we donate money to a program these semi pros play for? Do fans of NFL teams send checks to the teams? If these punks think their likeness is so great then they can give money to their own team to support it. Fuck these selfish asswipes.

Everyone knows your incredibly toxic position. We don't need to read it every 7 posts. Take a breath.

SDbison
06-28-2021, 03:57 AM
Everyone knows your incredibly toxic position. We don't need to read it every 7 posts. Take a breath. Everyone knows you are an ignorant fool.

Twincitybizon
06-28-2021, 02:47 PM
Everyone knows you are an ignorant fool.

Oh my bad it cut off the last part of my post. It was go fuck yourself

Carry on

Bisonator98
06-28-2021, 04:53 PM

You don't have to but carry on with your bitch fest as I know you will.....

SDbison
06-28-2021, 08:07 PM
You don't have to but carry on with your bitch fest as I know you will..... Another ignorant fool willing to go along with stupid decisions. And yes, as things continue to devolve in this fucked up country I will consider pulling my funding of college.....I mean semi pro....... athletics. I know these issues just mean nothing to you and a bunch of others, but stupid decisions have consequences.

ByeSonBusiness
06-28-2021, 08:14 PM

To be fair, I don't think there is a significant market for NDSU football players to really make much coin. Guys at the big programs, sure.

Hammerhead
06-28-2021, 08:56 PM
To be fair, I don't think there is a significant market for NDSU football players to really make much coin. Guys at the big programs, sure.

Scheels and Sanford would probably pay some athletes in endorsements.

BISONBRI53
06-28-2021, 09:59 PM
Another ignorant fool willing to go along with stupid decisions. And yes, as things continue to devolve in this fucked up country I will consider pulling my funding of college.....I mean semi pro....... athletics. I know these issues just mean nothing to you and a bunch of others, but stupid decisions have consequences.

Why is everyone ignorant and stupid if they don't agree with you? GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!!

SDbison
06-29-2021, 06:52 PM
Why is everyone ignorant and stupid if they don't agree with you? GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!! Can't help if they chose to be stupid.........can't fix stupid.

El_Chapo
06-29-2021, 09:03 PM
I spent a whole day With Tommy on my pontoon at my cabin. we went to 5 bars and drank all.day. he NEVER stopped. haha

Rock
06-30-2021, 04:11 AM
https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1409936561563709447?s=20

HerdBot
06-30-2021, 12:16 PM
https://m.facebook.com/events/1791324227734408

You can meet all of them minus Kramer at this event today

THEsocalledfan
06-30-2021, 08:25 PM
Man, can't believe I missed this fireworks! SD, in principle, I 100% agree with you. The value of the education they get is huge and is adequate compensation, particularly now with full cost of attendance. However, the sheer volume of $$$ at P5 schools have ruined it. You simply can't justify the coach and AD salaries relative to the players education compensation. So literally, money is ruining it. I just wish instead of going down this road, high schoolers had more of a baseball set up option where you can turn pro right away and play in the minors or go to college.....that would be SOOOO much better than what is coming.