PDA

View Full Version : Impacts of Patterson and TaMerick Williams

HerdBot
06-14-2021, 03:41 PM
Assuming Quincy Patterson wins the starting job (6-3, 235 and fast) and TaMerick Williams (SMU Transfer 5.11, 235 and fast) eventually gets integrated into the starting lineup, the impacts of our running game are going to be huge.

Quincy is going to be a crazy good running QB. Cam is quick, but he's more of a scrambling type quick and not a great running back.

This would allow Luepke to stay at fullback (where he can still run the football) and use speedsters Bussey and Kobe Johnson in a more limited role where they are most effective and break 70 yards runs. Physically they are undersized and we don't want to wear them out.

Not only that, it will allow us to go back to the Delta formation that we couldn't run last year because we didn't have enough skilled runners.

But also keep in mind, Gonella and TK Marshall should makes some really big strides this offseason. I anticipate Gonella will get the most touches right away since he's the most experienced but TaMerick will get more touches as the season goes on

But where I'm really concerned is the depth. Odds of Seth coming back from another knee injury right away is slim to none so the freshman coming in will need to develop fast. Guys like Barika Kpeenu could really shine.

23Bison
06-14-2021, 05:38 PM
As long as Quincy can complete about 63% of his passes and limits turnovers all while handling the ball off to our backs I’ll be happy. Also use the TE position in the passing game.

ByeSonBusiness
06-14-2021, 05:48 PM
As long as Quincy can complete about 63% of his passes and limits turnovers all while handling the ball off to our backs I’ll be happy. Also use the TE position in the passing game.

He hasn't demonstrated the ability to complete 60%. Then again, small sample size.

HerdBot
06-14-2021, 08:43 PM
He hasn't demonstrated the ability to complete 60%. Then again, small sample size.

He has the skills but needs reps. Luckily he's been on campus and working with the other QB's.

What is has demonstrated is can outrun ACC defenses and we really lacked a feature back and most importantly a QB who can run.

What we need is someone who can run the offense like Zeb did but can be an actual running threat and make not throw picks after getting into 3rd and long. 15-20 pass attempts a game would be a winning formula.

mtoutfitter
06-14-2021, 09:27 PM
I don't think folks should count out Cam Miller. He's got more time in system and surely showed some nice flashes in the playing time he got. He seemed to have a lot of upside, especially if he has the confidence of coaches and players. Just my opinion.

heffray
06-14-2021, 09:28 PM
I don't think folks should count out Cam Miller. He's got more time in system and surely showed some nice flashes in the playing time he got. He seemed to have a lot of upside, especially if he has the confidence of coaches and players. Just my opinion.

Agree with this. Cam showed flashes for sure.

MinotBison
06-14-2021, 10:00 PM
Why again was it that Patterson and Williams transferred from their respective schools?

bajadanny
06-14-2021, 10:41 PM
Why again was it that Patterson and Williams transferred from their respective schools?

Keep a eye on Cole Payton, all he does is win

MinotBison
06-14-2021, 10:45 PM
Keep a eye on Cole Payton, all he does is win

What's the over/under on him playing more than the four games allowed to keep his redshirt?

23Bison
06-14-2021, 11:01 PM

Patterson was a mix of depth and coaching change possibly. Williams was not being utilized like he thought and some depth.

Professor Chaos
06-14-2021, 11:03 PM
Buried on their respective depth charts and wanted more playing time it seems. I think Patterson had dropped to 3rd/4th below two guys younger than him at Va Tech and Williams was 4th amongst RBs in carries at SMU last fall and all 3 of the RBs above him were freshmen.

Anything Williams can provide will be a bonus. I think Gonnella has the goods to be a feature back and add in Leupke for the short yardage situations and Bussey and Kobe as the HR hitters and Williams is pretty much an insurance policy in case Gonnella gets injured IMO. Patterson on the other hand needs to be a contributor. If nothing else but to push Cam and be a quality backup but I think he has a higher ceiling than Cam does so I hope to see him as the starter. The question is whether he can handle the mental side of it... I think Zeb struggled with that and Cam just being a freshman obviously was limited in that area as well. That's also why I don't see Cole Payton doing anything more than picking up some garbage time snaps this fall.

23Bison
06-14-2021, 11:21 PM
I just hope Quincy really got a grasp of the mental side of things in the year he has been here. At the very least, I believe he’s the most athletic QB that we’ve got and he’s 6’4” and 240lbs. Passing ability needs to improve.

GreenfieldBison
06-14-2021, 11:52 PM

Just gotta believe you are correct. I expect there will be a fair competition and I hope the best guy in that competition is our answer.

Professor Chaos
06-15-2021, 12:11 AM
Just gotta believe you are correct. I expect there will be a fair competition and I hope the best guy in that competition is our answer.
There absolutely has to be... I think the problem most of us have is the coaches didn't exactly impress with their QB evaluation and decision making this spring. Had Cam been inserted as the starter after the Illinois St game like pretty much everyone watching the games was expecting I'd have to imagine he'd have had a little less of a "deer in the headlights" look against Sam Houston. Needless to say I don't think the coaches will get much benefit of the doubt about whether the right guy is starting this fall if whoever it is struggles out of the gate.

KSBisonFan
06-15-2021, 01:09 AM
There absolutely has to be... I think the problem most of us have is the coaches didn't exactly impress with their QB evaluation and decision making this spring. Had Cam been inserted as the starter after the Illinois St game like pretty much everyone watching the games was expecting I'd have to imagine he'd have had a little less of a "deer in the headlights" look against Sam Houston. Needless to say I don't think the coaches will get much benefit of the doubt about whether the right guy is starting this fall if whoever it is struggles out of the gate.

Pretty much this^^^^. If we're going to start a QB who can't throw, start Luepke and run him on 3rd and long. My confidence in the coaching staff putting players in a position to be successful is at an all-time low. I wouldn't count out Cam. His emotion in that loss reminded me of Brock after the EWU loss.....that game may have changed him into the leader we were missing.

CAS4127
06-15-2021, 02:23 AM
Buried on their respective depth charts and wanted more playing time it seems. I think Patterson had dropped to 3rd/4th below two guys younger than him at Va Tech and Williams was 4th amongst RBs in carries at SMU last fall and all 3 of the RBs above him were freshmen.

Anything Williams can provide will be a bonus. I think Gonnella has the goods to be a feature back and add in Leupke for the short yardage situations and Bussey and Kobe as the HR hitters and Williams is pretty much an insurance policy in case Gonnella gets injured IMO. Patterson on the other hand needs to be a contributor. If nothing else but to push Cam and be a quality backup but I think he has a higher ceiling than Cam does so I hope to see him as the starter. The question is whether he can handle the mental side of it... I think Zeb struggled with that and Cam just being a freshman obviously was limited in that area as well. That's also why I don't see Cole Payton doing anything more than picking up some garbage time snaps this fall.

My thoughts.

Neither Patterson nor Williams have proven ANYTHING. To say Patterson ran all over ACC defenses compares to Zeb throwing for 300 against OK—who cares. Also, there is a reason Williams got buried on depth chart and none of us know the real reason why, so I’m a doubter there.

Gonnella is (or should be) more of a Derrick Lang back. He does not have breakaway speed at all, but is serviceable, runs hard/with desire, but not a feature back.

I’m hoping one of the true freshmen RBs shows in the Fall.

As for QB, it better be an open competition.

Hoping out OLine has been busy in weightroom, because they are a huge, if not mandatory, part of any long playoff run/Natty.

I feel our Dline is solid and that we rotated more than normal in Spring ... maybe just to save them for Fall (felt that way the entire Spring season).

LBs are average (at least who we played in Spring), but some younger ones looked solid and athletic on special teams and won’t be surprised is there is some depth chart changes there.

Secondary has 2-3 very talented players, and hoping they have a great offseason, and that we find some younger guys who step up.

I think our WR group is good enough and has depth that will cause competition for reps (that’s a good thing).

Oh ... and use the effing TEs in O-scheme please—probably the best overall position we have.

And commas are solid on this team as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HerdBot
06-15-2021, 03:07 AM

Cam was brought in to be a backup and develop for 3 years until Trey was a senior. He was never brought in to be "the guy." He had no business playing. He wasn't physically or mentally ready. He was basically a kid.

I totally respect the kid. He was put into an impossible situation and was actually serviceable. But unless he can add 25 pounds, increase his speed and athleticism and develop running skills in a short off-season I don't think he's starter material. Maybe in 2 or 3 years he could.

Once coordinators had film on him he had no chance.

We are best when we have a QB that is a legitimate threat to run the football. In not talking 3 yard runs, I'm talking Easton Stick and Trey Lance type running where they can bust a 50 yarder at any given moment. Brock didn't even have that but his 6-3, 225 pound frame was more of a running threat than Cam. 3rd and 6 you could run him

CAS4127
06-15-2021, 03:13 AM
Cam was brought in to be a backup and develop for 3 years until Trey was a senior. He was never brought in to be "the guy." He had no business playing. He wasn't physically or mentally ready. He was basically a kid.

I totally respect the kid. He was put into an impossible situation and was actually serviceable. But unless he can add 25 pounds, increase his speed and athleticism and develop running skills in a short off-season I don't think he's starter material. Maybe in 2 or 3 years he could.

Once coordinators had film on him he had no chance.

We are best when we have a QB that is a legitimate threat to run the football. In not talking 3 yard runs, I'm talking Easton Stick and Trey Lance type running where they can bust a 50 yarder at any given moment. Brock didn't even have that but his 6-3, 225 pound frame was more of a running threat than Cam. 3rd and 6 you could run him

The first paragraph of your post is complete speculation.

The balance of your post is off-base and inaccurate. Brock busted as 50+ yarder against GSU (when he had the flu/Covid), and Miller is faster than him in your beloved 40, with equal arm strength. Brock’s Oline play was stronger, as was his play-caller. Have we even seen that play since?

HerdBot
06-15-2021, 03:14 AM
My thoughts.

Neither Patterson nor Williams have proven ANYTHING. To say Patterson ran all over ACC defenses compares to Zeb throwing for 300 against OK—who cares. Also, there is a reason Williams got buried on depth chart and none of us know the real reason why, so I’m a doubter there.

Gonnella is (or should be) more of a Derrick Lang back. He does not have breakaway speed at all, but is serviceable, runs hard/with desire, but not a feature back.

I’m hoping one of the true freshmen RBs shows in the Fall.

As for QB, it better be an open competition.

Hoping out OLine has been busy in weightroom, because they are a huge, if not mandatory, part of any long playoff run/Natty.

I feel our Dline is solid and that we rotated more than normal in Spring ... maybe just to save them for Fall (felt that way the entire Spring season).

LBs are average (at least who we played in Spring), but some younger ones looked solid and athletic on special teams and won’t be surprised is there is some depth chart changes there.

Secondary has 2-3 very talented players, and hoping they have a great offseason, and that we find some younger guys who step up.

I think our WR group is good enough and has depth that will cause competition for reps (that’s a good thing).

Oh ... and use the effing TEs in O-scheme please—probably the best overall position we have.

And commas are solid on this team as well.

No new player has proven anything but my gut is on Patterson and then Tamerick Williams will play a significant role later in the year like King Frazier did.

Many of the other players proved they weren't good enough or ready.

Comparing Quincy to Zeb on the surface sounds good but it's obvious that he's the only QB who can run. I would argue none of the other QBs can throw, their stats prove it in actual games

Even Luepke... you can see on film his feet are too slow. Any other running back would have broken many of his runs for TDs. He's a good change of pace or short yardage back but not a feature back. Not even close. I will note he is one of my favorite players

scottietohottie
06-15-2021, 03:22 AM
Yep the Oline is definitely the impact.

Does Volson have the option to play next fall? I didn't follow the spring to closely.

HerdBot
06-15-2021, 03:28 AM

Does Volson have the option to play next fall? I didn't follow the spring to closely.

He's playing and that is the best news

southcliffbison
06-15-2021, 03:31 AM

Volson has said he will be playing this fall.

southcliffbison
06-15-2021, 03:35 AM
I want Leupke and Williams in the backfield at the same time. Two RBs that can bust the nuts of linebackers in the Bison ground and pound 4th qt. offense.

HerdBot
06-15-2021, 03:35 AM

The balance of your post is off-base and inaccurate. Brock busted as 50+ yarder against GSU (when he had the flu/Covid), and Miller is faster than him in your beloved 40, with equal arm strength. Brock’s Oline play was stronger, as was his play-caller. Have we even seen that play since?

It is speculation bit cmon man every QB on the roster was a backup to Trey. They are backups for a reason. We all knew Stick was the next QB. We all knew Trey was the next QB. We all know Payton is the next guy. Every QB in-between was a backup in that dreaded recruiting year when everyone knows they won't be playing. Even Cam eluded to this in a post-game interview. "I didn't expect to be playing for a few years."

Brock could run but he is way bigger than Cam. He was 6-3 225 and you had to wrap him up. Cams like 6-1, 200 dripping wet

Cam is quick but he's too easy to bring down and he was really unsure of himself at times and his hesitation cost us. But what do we expect of an undersized 18 year old who didn't even have a redshirt year? He was put into an impossible situation and he did better than I thought

southcliffbison
06-15-2021, 03:48 AM
I will throw this out: had the Bison started Cam the first game and rode his horse the rest of the season, (similar to what the Jacks did with their freshman QB, the Bison, at the end of the season, may have had a Gronowskiesque quarterback. Flame away !!

GreenfieldBison
06-15-2021, 03:55 AM
I will throw this out: had the Bison started Cam the first game and rode his horse the rest of the season, (similar to what the Jacks did with their freshman QB, the Bison, at the end of the season, may have had a Gronowskiesque quarterback. Flame away !!

Yep. And if the Bison FB program had invested half of their budget in Powerball tickets they may have won a small fortune for the program.

mtoutfitter
06-15-2021, 04:03 AM

Who knows....can't rule out the possibility.

El_Chapo
06-15-2021, 04:41 AM
Quincy & Cole is what we will see. Cam showed his ability, he's good, but not gifted.
Tamerick. - who knows. but I'm confident enough with Gonella/Luepke to patiently wait on him.

sbark
06-15-2021, 12:45 PM
Thinking Bison Qb coach Hedberg, can help Quincy, maybe why he came here? If dak Prescott can improve accuracy with that footwork and Hip dance...Hedberg can help Quincy.also.

He has gotta prove it, or the box will get stacked
Not sure why the TE use went in spurts last year....accuracy over the middle I'd venture.

23Bison
06-15-2021, 01:48 PM
I'm expecting this fall to be much different than the gross spring season. The OL will be a little bigger. They are obviously more experienced and we found some young studs. The OL should be dominant. I'm hoping with the OL being better that it will help the QB play with timing and being able to sit in the pocket so I fully expect the play to get much better. That was kind of lacking during the spring where everything seemed rushed and bad things happened. I have full confidence in the RB position with Gonella and Luepke (FB) but with the smaller back hopefully getting healthy and TK working his way into the mix. TaMerick will just bolster the position with his size and speed. WR should be healthy this year I hope. Getting everyone back with a 6'6" Mathis, Sproles, Watson and the young guys in Lippe, Raja, Henderson. On O, its a pretty loaded roster. DL should be something special. LB are ok but need to get better, S is set for sure and we have some very young but very promising CB.

ByeSonBusiness
06-15-2021, 02:12 PM
It is speculation bit cmon man every QB on the roster was a backup to Trey. They are backups for a reason. We all knew Stick was the next QB. We all knew Trey was the next QB. We all know Payton is the next guy. Every QB in-between was a backup in that dreaded recruiting year when everyone knows they won't be playing. Even Cam eluded to this in a post-game interview. "I didn't expect to be playing for a few years."

Brock could run but he is way bigger than Cam. He was 6-3 225 and you had to wrap him up. Cams like 6-1, 200 dripping wet

Cam is quick but he's too easy to bring down and he was really unsure of himself at times and his hesitation cost us. But what do we expect of an undersized 18 year old who didn't even have a redshirt year? He was put into an impossible situation and he did better than I thought

Brock Jensen was not 225 at 18 years old. Whether Cam was anticipating being a backup for a few years, doesn't make him some guy recruited to never play.

"We all knew Trey was the starter." Well duh. That doesn't mean much. NDSU wanted the kid, and recruited him. I'm pretty sure SDSU and UNI wanted him as well. NDSU started him in one game, on the road, in the playoffs, against the eventual national champion. They put him in periodically throughout the year, but they did not put him in a position to succeed as a freshman. He also had the privilege of playing on probably the worst Bison team in over a decade.

Jimmy Clausen 2007 - 10 games - 138/245 for 1254 yards. 7 touchdowns 6 picks.
Jimmy Clausen 2008 - 13 games - 268/440 for 3172 yards. 25 touchdowns 17 picks.
Jimmy Clausen 2009 - 12 games - 289/425 for 3722 yards. 28 touchdowns 4 picks.

Matthew Stafford 2006 - 13 games - 135/256 for 1749 yards. 7 TD/13 INT.
Matthew Stafford 2007 - 13 games - 194/348 for 2523 yards. 19 TD/10 INT.
Matthew Stafford 2008 - 13 games - 235/383 for 3459 yards. 25 TD/10 INT.

These guys were both superstars in high school. Could have went to any school in America. They both sucked as freshmen. Both ended up being All-Americans. Shows how much better these guys can get after they have a year or two in college. Maybe Cole Payton is the next guy. Maybe Cam Miller is the next guy. Maybe Quincy Patterson is the next guy.

HerdBot
06-15-2021, 03:28 PM
Brock Jensen was not 225 at 18 years old. Whether Cam was anticipating being a backup for a few years, doesn't make him some guy recruited to never play.

"We all knew Trey was the starter." Well duh. That doesn't mean much. NDSU wanted the kid, and recruited him. I'm pretty sure SDSU and UNI wanted him as well. NDSU started him in one game, on the road, in the playoffs, against the eventual national champion. They put him in periodically throughout the year, but they did not put him in a position to succeed as a freshman. He also had the privilege of playing on probably the worst Bison team in over a decade.

Jimmy Clausen 2007 - 10 games - 138/245 for 1254 yards. 7 touchdowns 6 picks.
Jimmy Clausen 2008 - 13 games - 268/440 for 3172 yards. 25 touchdowns 17 picks.
Jimmy Clausen 2009 - 12 games - 289/425 for 3722 yards. 28 touchdowns 4 picks.

Matthew Stafford 2006 - 13 games - 135/256 for 1749 yards. 7 TD/13 INT.
Matthew Stafford 2007 - 13 games - 194/348 for 2523 yards. 19 TD/10 INT.
Matthew Stafford 2008 - 13 games - 235/383 for 3459 yards. 25 TD/10 INT.

These guys were both superstars in high school. Could have went to any school in America. They both sucked as freshmen. Both ended up being All-Americans. Shows how much better these guys can get after they have a year or two in college. Maybe Cole Payton is the next guy. Maybe Cam Miller is the next guy. Maybe Quincy Patterson is the next guy.

Brock Jensen was 6-3, 216 as a true freshman in 2009 during his redshirt year. They take your weight when camp starts. He didn't play then because he had no business playing
https://gobison.com/sports/football/roster/2009

He was 6-3, 220 his redshirt freshman season and he didn't play right away. That's only 5 pounds short of his prime weight.
https://gobison.com/sports/football/roster/2010

Not sure what your point is though. Are you saying Cam will be Matthew Stafford?

BISONBRI53
06-15-2021, 03:35 PM
Brock Jensen was 216 as a true freshman in 2009 during his redshirt year. They take your weight when camp starts. He didn't play then because he had no business playing

He was 220 his redshirt freshaman season and he didn't play right away.

Not sure what your point is though. Are you saying Cam will be Matthew Stafford?

He's saying these guys were not world beaters of the gate even though they were stud high school players... They grew in to the position and became NFL QB's...

HerdBot
06-15-2021, 03:38 PM
He's saying these guys were not world beaters of the gate even though they were stud high school players... They grew in to the position and became NFL QB's...

Duh. Every QB has a developmental timeline and improves. Cam will take time. The ones who are really good early tend to have advanced skills, particularly running the football. Had Easton Stick not been as quick as he was, he never would have seen the field or been as impactful.

BISONBRI53
06-15-2021, 04:20 PM
Duh. Every QB has a developmental timeline and improves. Cam will take time. The ones who are really good early tend to have advanced skills, particularly running the football. Had Easton Stick not been as quick as he was, he never would have seen the field or been as impactful.

Why are you duhing me? You asked the question if he was comparing him to Stafford! DUH!

southcliffbison
06-15-2021, 04:44 PM
Yep. And if the Bison FB program had invested half of their budget in Powerball tickets they may have won a small fortune for the program.

Posters are using "DUH" this morning. Well, Greenie, DUH ! I am just saying that Cam could have used the 300 plus game snaps/reps that Zeb got this past season, and Cam's still on the roster..........Zeb isn't. With the additional game reps, that bad exchange between Cam and the RB in the 4th qt of the SHSU game might not have occurred. With game reps comes confidence......... and screw that lottery reference.......pretty damn asinine on your part.

Bisonator98
06-15-2021, 05:20 PM

Your takes on this are not good.

HerdBot
06-15-2021, 05:41 PM
Why are you duhing me? You asked the question if he was comparing him to Stafford! DUH!

Well it was more duhing the original post. Not you

ByeSonBusiness
06-15-2021, 06:45 PM
Brock Jensen was 6-3, 216 as a true freshman in 2009 during his redshirt year. They take your weight when camp starts. He didn't play then because he had no business playing

He was 6-3, 220 his redshirt freshman season and he didn't play right away. That's only 5 pounds short of his prime weight.

No. The point is true freshmen qb's have a learning curve. Your assessment of the guy seemed to be "he is not a good football player based on spot duty, one start, and that NDSU had a starter already.

TAILG8R
06-15-2021, 07:23 PM

This right here and I personally think it makes a much bigger difference than most would think, even for those that think it does make a difference.

Snowgoose
06-15-2021, 08:08 PM
Sorry I am really hesitant about both of these two. For one SMU is not better than us so how can we say that we should take their fourth string RB. Second, I don't care who the QB is if they cannot complete about 60% of their passes they usually will be riding the pine. Both of these two are going to have to make improvements to play for us which is possible as well.

TAILG8R
06-15-2021, 09:05 PM
Sorry I am really hesitant about both of these two. For one SMU is not better than us so how can we say that we should take their fourth string RB. Second, I don't care who the QB is if they cannot complete about 60% of their passes they usually will be riding the pine. Both of these two are going to have to make improvements to play for us which is possible as well.

I tend to agree. They are both added depth and like anyone else could improve and make their way to the top of the depth chart but neither of them have past performance or stature to assume they will automatically be the best in their position group.

BISONBRI53
06-15-2021, 09:13 PM
I tend to agree. They are both added depth and like anyone else could improve and make their way to the top of the depth chart but neither of them have past performance or stature to assume they will automatically be the best in their position group.

#buttttFBS

KSBisonFan
06-15-2021, 11:19 PM
The overall feel of this thread makes me think of Desmond Cain.....

mtoutfitter
06-16-2021, 03:48 AM

But Desmond had a big game against Ohio State!!!.....#AskLakes

ByeSonBusiness
06-16-2021, 04:30 AM
But Desmond had a big game against Ohio State!!!.....#AskLakes

QP2 had a big run!

HerdBot
06-16-2021, 05:03 PM

Name a power 5 running back transfer to NDSU who didn't work out.

Running back is not WR

ByeSonBusiness
06-16-2021, 05:16 PM

Running back is not WR

Name a G5 running back who has worked out for (or even attended) NDSU

23Bison
06-16-2021, 07:13 PM
RB would be more successful when compared to WR. Especially with our system, if they learn to call decent plays.

reformedUNDfan
06-16-2021, 07:19 PM
when QPs transfer was announced I was ragged on for being unimpressed. Since then the mood has shifted so far that I'm a QP stan by comparision.

Regarding a previous post SMU has been on the upswing for several years. 17-6 across 2019 and 2020. their last 3 classes have been 69th (4th AAC), 70th (4th AAC), 51st (3rd AAC), and have have been nearly entirely 3 star recruits, as little as that means

KSBisonFan
06-17-2021, 12:04 AM

Running back is not WR

Ok, Gabe. We have a very low sample size so that's not a good comparison for any position. I thought you were the one that's been anti-transfer all these years?

Plus, if he can't pick up pass blocking assignments, he won't see the field.

Kevin
06-17-2021, 12:13 AM
Cole Payton at QB

Hunter at TB

Bussey at FB

6 tight ends on the field at any given time.

Hang another banner.

56BISON73
06-17-2021, 12:14 AM
Ok, Gabe. We have a very low sample size so that's not a good comparison for any position. I thought you were the one that's been anti-transfer all these years?

Especially if hey come from TX, FL and CA.:D

HerdBot
06-17-2021, 06:33 PM

I'm anti transfer if it's a big part of what we do. But to supplement, I love players like King Frazier, especially if they have 3 years. Running back is an easier one to learn quickly.

El_Chapo
07-19-2021, 02:01 AM
Heard Q is looking very good.... I still think Cole/Cam will push him, it's gonna be an interesting fall camp

OrygunBison
07-19-2021, 05:44 AM
Heard Q is looking very good.... I still think Cole/Cam will push him, it's gonna be an interesting fall camp

Your track record on such proclamations is a bit suspect. I'm sure you'll understand if I wait to see with my own eyes.

El_Chapo
07-19-2021, 07:50 AM
I'm not pimping anyone. I heard from some throwing practices w the wrs lately.
I would love to see Cole P or Q just run with this thing so we can have 3 -4 years of consistency

SamsRams
07-19-2021, 11:41 AM
I'm not pimping anyone. I heard from some throwing practices w the wrs lately.
I would love to see Cole P or Q just run with this thing so we can have 3 -4 years of consistency

Not sure how throwing practices is able to speak but I’m glad you heard from them or it (not sure on the pronoun there)

Another fun tidbit, Cam has 4 years of eligibility remaining

EC8CH
07-19-2021, 01:06 PM

One thing for sure is the kid has grit. Tough situation last year getting thrown in as a true freshman. For all the areas of his game that were shown to need improvement, grit wasn't one of them.

El_Chapo
07-19-2021, 01:49 PM
Not sure how throwing practices is able to speak but I’m glad you heard from them or it (not sure on the pronoun there)

haha. Touche~ yea Cam got stuck in a crappy situation last year.

TAILG8R
07-19-2021, 05:00 PM
Throwing to receivers during passing drills is great and all but I'll hold off on my reviews until we see all of them make adjustments at the line and go through their progressions.

BISONBRI53
07-19-2021, 05:47 PM

So they were practicing hand off's for dive up the middle? :biggrin:

reformedUNDfan
06-04-2022, 11:21 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/joshbdraft/status/1533223932509179915

Tamerick with some early draft hype.

Professor Chaos
06-05-2022, 05:22 AM
My (somewhat) bold prediction for 2022 is that Tamerik Williams leads the team in carries and yards. Kobe is faster and Luepke is more powerful but I think his speed/size combo is his ticket to RB1A. We all remember how Luepke closed the season but I think many are forgetting how Williams led the charge on the ground out of the loss in Brookings when the team went from pretty good to national title favorite. In the 4 games between the YSU regular season game and ETSU playoff game he put up 400 yards at 6.5 ypc with 8 TDs.

EDIT: I guess it's not that bold at all considering he led the team in rush attempts, yards, and TDs in 2021 but that fact alone is probably surprising to many considering Luepke has garnered most of the hype for the Bison ball carriers during the offseason.

HerdBot
06-06-2022, 03:40 PM
My (somewhat) bold prediction for 2022 is that Tamerik Williams leads the team in carries and yards. Kobe is faster and Luepke is more powerful but I think his speed/size combo is his ticket to RB1A. We all remember how Luepke closed the season but I think many are forgetting how Williams led the charge on the ground out of the loss in Brookings when the team went from pretty good to national title favorite. In the 4 games between the YSU regular season game and ETSU playoff game he put up 400 yards at 6.5 ypc with 8 TDs.

EDIT: I guess it's not that bold at all considering he led the team in rush attempts, yards, and TDs in 2021 but that fact alone is probably surprising to many considering Luepke has garnered most of the hype for the Bison ball carriers during the offseason.

I agree it's not that bold to predict TaMerick as a leading rusher. He's going into year 2 in the program and that's when things start to click for players as their knowledge of the offense improves.

MankatoBison
06-06-2022, 05:03 PM

The dood is an absolute beast. My goodness, can you imagine being an opposing linebacker and having to mentally prepare for getting rag dolled and beat to shit from our running back room over and over and over again?

Hammerhead
06-06-2022, 08:28 PM
The dood is an absolute beast. My goodness, can you imagine being an opposing linebacker and having to mentally prepare for getting rag dolled and beat to shit from our running back room over and over and over again?

And then tackling Leupke when Williams is taking a breather.

MinotBison
06-06-2022, 11:56 PM
And then tackling Leupke when Williams is taking a breather.

:rofl: :rofl: