Sep 9 - Creighton
Sep 17 - Marquette
Oct 15 - South Dakota State
Oct 17 - South Dakota
Oct 29 - Western Illinois
Oct 31 - St Thomas

roadwarrior
08-19-2021, 03:14 PM
Bison soccer season starts tonight against Idaho. It was moved up a day due to the weather forecast for tomorrow.

Starts at sunset! 8pm

Free admission at Dacotah Field

OCBison
10-23-2021, 08:05 PM
Without going into too much detail, unless you want to, what the heck has happened to the program this year?

Based on the last three results, it looks like the team has given up on Coach Regan.

OCBison
11-03-2021, 04:10 PM
It's interesting to note that ORU has decided to go in a different direction with their HC. No official announcement yet on the school's website but they're looking for a new HC.

https://careers.unitedsoccercoaches.org/jobs/15684337/head-women-s-soccer-coach

Bisonguy
11-03-2021, 06:41 PM
Without going into too much detail, unless you want to, what the heck has happened to the program this year?

Based on the last three results, it looks like the team has given up on Coach Regan.

I'd be interested in more detail. I've only been able to watch 1 game this season, which they won, but seems as if the rails fell off with the scores. Granted, it was more of the upper half of teams in the conference, but seems odd that they're having that much difficulty keeping games competitive.

Bisonguy
12-30-2021, 07:37 PM

Is it recruiting? 3 consecutive seasons with a less than .500 conference record. Only over .500 season since Regan took the helm was his first season in 2018 and that was last year they made it to the conference tourney after 10 consecutive appearances.

Did the recruiting ties to the Mpls area dry up after Mark Cook left?

Bad team mojo?

balso214
12-31-2021, 05:00 PM
It's thrilling to observe that ORU has determined to head in a specific course with their HC. No legitimate statement but at the school's internet site however they are searching out a brand (http://shootthesoccer.com/best-soccer-balls/) new HC. Isn't it much interesting?

Bisonguy
01-02-2022, 12:40 AM
It's thrilling to observe that ORU has determined to head in a specific course with their HC. No legitimate statement but at the school's internet site however they are searching out a brand new HC. Isn't it much interesting?

How so? They had a news article about the resignation of their former coach on 11/4 and an announcement of a new coach hired on 12/10. Sounds like a good recruiter with ties to CA. Surprised ORU didn’t recruit heavier in TX.

OCBison
01-05-2022, 07:14 PM
How so? They had a news article about the resignation of their former coach on 11/4 and an announcement of a new coach hired on 12/10. Sounds like a good recruiter with ties to CA. Surprised ORU didn’t recruit heavier in TX.

The new coach at ORU looks like a good hire, especially when you look at the strength of his recruiting classes while he was at Cal. I think Coach Regan was a good hire as well but it doesn't seem like the staff is getting it done on the recruiting trail. Given the history of the area I'm surprised that there's never been a greater effort to recruit from Scandinavian countries for the team. Or maybe there has been and it's just never panned out.

Bisonguy
01-06-2022, 06:13 AM
The new coach at ORU looks like a good hire, especially when you look at the strength of his recruiting classes while he was at Cal. I think Coach Regan was a good hire as well but it doesn't seem like the staff is getting it done on the recruiting trail. Given the history of the area I'm surprised that there's never been a greater effort to recruit from Scandinavian countries for the team. Or maybe there has been and it's just never panned out.

I would think that the Scandinavian countries would be a rather large dollar investment in both recruiting and scholarship.

Cuadrado and Cook had decent luck extending out to Canada, and Cook had better ties to higher level Twin Cities players with his time at MTA. Only 1 Canadian on the team this season and she is a senior.

OCBison
03-15-2022, 01:37 PM
Any word on the results from the Spring schedule?

NDSU Soccer Spring Schedule
2/24 | vs. North Dakota | Dacotah Field Bubble | 7:15 p.m.
3/5 | at Minot State | Minot, ND | 1 p.m.
3/13 | at Tottenham U21's | England
3/15 | at Middlesex County U18's | England
3/16 | at Loughborough University U21's | England
3/19 | at Leicester City FC U21's | England
3/26 | at Concordia St. Paul | St. Paul, Minn. | 3 p.m.
4/9 | at Minnesota | TBD | TBD
4/10 | vs. Northern Iowa | West St Paul, MN | 9:45 a.m.

El_Chapo
03-15-2022, 09:01 PM
good question OC. 5 posts since 2014. post more, we need more soccer news. Endzone is our soccer guru but doesn't post much

Bisonguy
03-15-2022, 10:30 PM
They have an asst coaching position to fill since Josh left for CSU and lot of recruiting, so don’t know if updates are their top priority right now.

Heck, Josh left over a month ago and he’s still listed on the coaches page.

imabison
03-15-2022, 10:48 PM
good question OC. 5 posts since 2014. post more, we need more soccer news. Endzone is our soccer guru but doesn't post much

What you did not get the text? According to twitter they are in the UK no further info.

El_Chapo
03-15-2022, 11:20 PM
What you did not get the text? According to twitter they are in the UK no further info.

yea. saw their pictures... but no updates yet

El_Chapo
03-16-2022, 07:45 PM
https://twitter.com/NDSU_CoachMack coach has pictures, looks like there is no score keeping in the exhibitions?

Bisonguy
03-16-2022, 11:43 PM
I’m just waiting for Chapo to pronounce Tottenham and Leicester.