PDA

View Full Version : 2021 season countdown - 94 days until Bison football!

dewey
06-02-2021, 01:07 PM
Here is #94 for the 16 time National Champions the North Dakota State University Bison.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210602/97b61ce23d65c87c779f72bc53bf89c1.jpg

COSTNER
CHING
POSITION Defensive Tackle
HEIGHT 6-3
WEIGHT 283
CLASS Junior
HOMETOWN Castlewood, S.D.
HIGH SCHOOL Castlewood HS

Biography
* 2018, 2019 MVFC Commissioner's Academic Excellence Award
* 2017, 2018, 2019 MVFC Honor Roll

2019 SEASON (SOPHOMORE): Changed positions from tight end to defensive line during 2019 spring practice...Played in all 16 games at defensive tackle...Made 28 tackles including 3.0 tackles for loss and was in on two assisted sacks...Career-high four tackles twice in the NCAA second round win over Nicholls and the semifinal win over Montana State...Broke up a pass in the national quarterfinal victory over Illinois State...Earned his second straight MVFC Commissioner's Academic Excellence Award...Third straight year on the MVFC Honor Roll.

2018 SEASON (FRESHMAN): Scout team player at tight end who appeared in three games against North Alabama, Delaware and Southern Illinois...Earned the MVFC Commissioner's Academic Excellence Award and made the MVFC Honor Roll.

2017 SEASON (REDSHIRT): Sat out the season as a redshirt in the Bison program...Made the Missouri Valley Football Conference Honor Roll.

HIGH SCHOOL: 2017 graduate of Castlewood High School...Four-year starter and two-time captain under coach Doug Ruesink...Played offensive line, tight end and defensive line...Three-time all-conference...Conference MVP as a senior...Named to the Sioux Falls Argus Leader Elite 45 and the South Dakota all-star game...All-state first team tight end in 2016...Caught 15 passes for 186 yards and scored four 2-point conversions...On defense, had 76 tackles with four sacks, four fumble recoveries and two forced fumbles...In two years at tight end, caught 21 passes for 298 yards and two TDs...Had 210 tackles and 12 sacks in his career...Team captain in basketball...State track and field qualifier in the discus throw including a fifth-place finish.

PERSONAL: Majoring in general agriculture...Son of Jeff and Tamra Ching...Father played football at South Dakota State...Has two brothers, Carver and Canyon...Also has an uncle who played at Nebraska, a cousin who played at South Dakota State, and a cousin who played volleyball at LSU.
Related Content
There is no related content available.

Good luck with the upcoming season and in the classroom Costner.

Go Bison!

Dewey

HandoEX
06-02-2021, 03:23 PM
Forgot Ching was a tight end his first couple years here.

dewey
06-03-2021, 05:10 AM
Forgot Ching was a tight end his first couple years here.

Yeah. Me too. I always enjoy reading the "Biography" for each student athlete to see what I can remember for later.

The kids love quizzing dad on what I can remember:-)

Dewey