PDA

View Full Version : Valpo Print

DIGRAPPLER
12-28-2004, 06:03 PM
I was just on GoBison and they are selling a print of the Valpo game. It is a wide angle of inside the dome. Sellout crowd. Pretty Sweet!!

Bisonguy
12-28-2004, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the heads up!

Not to completely change the subject, but you can also order prints from The Forum's game day coverage.
Here's the link to the gallery- http://www.in-forum.com/photography/index.cfm?page=main_archive- look for the BisonZone gameday pictures, and it appears that only the Nov. 6th and earlier games have prints available at this time.

Bisongirl21
12-28-2004, 10:36 PM
Where do you navigate to on GoBison to see the valpo print? Anyone know...sorry i wasn't able to find it when I was looking. ;D

Bisonguy
12-28-2004, 10:38 PM
Linky: http://www.gobison.com/sell/ViewItem.dbml?CARTKEY=BAPBNCYKCXIQJOX.200412282155 38&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ITMID=2644 ;D

insane_ponderer
12-29-2004, 07:04 AM
anyone know if these prints are gonna be sold at the varsity mart?

Herd_Mentality
12-30-2004, 04:50 PM
This is great. I always wondered why Larcency Mart never sold any sort of prints like that. I remember stopping off at the Big Red bookstore in Lincoln and seeing some pretty cool prints.

insane_ponderer
01-12-2005, 02:14 AM
just received my print....

very very nice.....i dont know about $ 55.00 nice seeings as how its just a print on poster board, but i am sure once it gets a frame on it, then it will have all been worth it.

Bisonfan1
01-12-2005, 02:18 PM
Thanx for the info on that, It sure looked like it was framed in the picture. For that price it should be. Might think twice about getting one now.

Herd_Mentality
01-12-2005, 03:47 PM
I was wondering about this. Sounds like it's the same quality as the prints they gave away after every year the Bison women won the national championship. Too bad, it would have been nice to see them do something like this for about a $10-15 price range and the proceeds going to Bison Athletics.

Junior
01-12-2005, 05:45 PM
just received my print....

very very nice.....i dont know about $ 55.00 nice seeings as how its just a print on poster board, but i am sure once it gets a frame on it, then it will have all been worth it.

If it were dry mounted the $55.00 would be a reasonable price. If it isn't then it is not. I have had my own personal photos enlarged to 20 x 30 for about $12. The professional dry mounting and framing run in the $60 to 90 range.

insane_ponderer
01-12-2005, 07:03 PM
well i have seen alot of the pro stadiums have large panorama prints like this, my roomate has one of texas stadium that he got in dallas. its about the same width but probably another 6 inches longer. his has a nice frame and a decorative plaque inside and looks really really nice and it was about $100. i figured it was going to be closer to that, at least with a frame on it.

Bisonfan1
01-13-2005, 05:39 PM
G-city Bison Fan - is this a size a person can get even a cheaper type frame for at say Wall Mart, I have seen some bigger frames there with glass on sale for about 20 bucks. Or is this some odd size print where it would be difficult to find a frame? I dont know if 32 x 17.5 is a common size ?

GCWaters
01-13-2005, 06:10 PM
If it's a non-standard size, check out

pictureframes.com

Lots of options, you pick the size, and a broad range of prices...I've used them before and been very satisfied...

Bisonfan1
01-13-2005, 07:09 PM
just looked at that site, thank you, did a quick look up, can get something half nice for about 20 bucks in that size.

insane_ponderer
01-13-2005, 10:14 PM
i know that there is a place that does framing and matting in the mall as well, i forget what it is called off hand, and it is probably a bit more expensive, but for those people that wanna see it first and keep it local its a good option.

Bisonguy
01-13-2005, 10:25 PM
i know that there is a place that does framing and matting in the mall as well, i forget what it is called off hand, and it is probably a bit more expensive, but for those people that wanna see it first and keep it local its a good option.

Gallery West.

Some of the local hobby stores have a decent selection of frames- although they'll probably run more than $20 for a decent frame of this size-

DIGRAPPLER
01-14-2005, 03:24 PM
I spoke to the marketing dept at the BSA and they said the prints are printed on laminated photo stock, not on poster paper. The dept's cost was around half of the retail price. They could have done them lower quality and more inexpensively if they would have printed in the thousands...this scenario gave them the best product at the best margin without a lot of overhead. 100% of the profits go to the scholarship fund.

I am fine paying the $50 unframed price...since it goes to scholarships. I'm sure Taylor would rather have schollies than a thousands tied up in prints ;D

insane_ponderer
01-14-2005, 09:16 PM
yeah...i agree, makes me feel better that its going to scholarships.

also, I went to the mall today to see if i could get it framed, and I dont think that gallery west is open anymore.

Bisonguy
01-14-2005, 09:32 PM
yeah...i agree, makes me feel better that its going to scholarships.

also, I went to the mall today to see if i could get it framed, and I dont think that gallery west is open anymore.

Try one of the other places here- Fargo Picture Frames (http://www.dexonline.com/servlet/ActionServlet?pid=bfull&last10Saved=false&resultFo rm=BASIC&queryText=frames&previousQueryText=frames &queryType=HEADINGDD&locationVerified=true&state=N D&cityText=Fargo&surroundingAreas=true&metroID=120 8&headingID=2672)

My wife got a nice frame for a Tom Everhart litho that we picked up in CA at the Hobby Lobby on 13th and 45th. I think they have mats and all that sort of stuff if you want to go all Martha Stewart.....

GCWaters
01-14-2005, 09:48 PM
Michael's, now in West Fargo, has some nice put-together-yourself frames, as does Ben Franklin, at Northport in north Fargo...

MN_BISONS
01-14-2005, 09:52 PM
I received mine last week and it was damaged. I took it out of the tube and it was very wrinkled. It looked like the Fed Ex guy must have dropped something on it. I have sent a couple of emails to customer care on the NDSU web site but I haven't heard anything back yet; it's been almost two weeks now. Anyway, does anyone have any ideas of who I can contact so I can get a new one? I was just going to send it back, but our cleaning crew at work tossed out the tube it came in so I have no idea where to send it back to.

kchats
03-09-2005, 10:28 PM
I just received mine today and it too was wrinkled. We took ours to a framing place and they said it was too damaged to mount and frame. I have contacted Troy Goergen the Assistant Athletic Director in charge of Marketing and Media relations. His phone number is 701-231-7811. He wasn't in this afternoon but I did leave a voice message for him. I'll let you know what I find out. Mine was delivered by UPS but the framing people thought the problem was during the packaging not the shipping. They said it looked like someone sat on it.

Gamehunter
03-10-2005, 02:05 AM
Crapola, that sure isn't something you want after spending 50 bux on a print :-[

I'm sure you guys will get new ones.

kchats
03-10-2005, 02:21 AM
Troy said send the old one back and they'll send a new one. It came in a cardboard mailer tube loosely rolled up. I don't know how they expect it to arrived in pristeen condition if they don't package it better. I live in Southwest Missouri so it came via UPS. Hopefully the next one comes in better condition.

MN_BISONS
03-10-2005, 05:06 AM
Thanks kchats! I'll give Troy a call tomorrow to give him a heads up that another one is coming his way.

SDbison
03-10-2005, 05:33 AM
My Valpo print arrived damaged also. One of my friends at work is doing the matting and framing as he and his wife do this as a side business. The damage is close enough to the edge so that the matte will cover it.
I don't understand why NDSU is doing such a poor job with the packaging. All the other posters they have sent to me for Alumni events have arrived in good condition. Then I buy a print and it gets damaged. From what I saw it is the result of two things. The tube was too long an allowed the print to slide fron end to end during shipment. Also, rather than having plastic end caps the ends were crimped and taped shut. This caused a small impact area, thus wrinkling the edge every time the print slid to one end of the tube. Someone has got to talk with the person packaging these prints for shipment and have them change their methods.

kchats
03-10-2005, 11:17 PM
If the new one I receive is also damaged I will return it and ask for a refund. That is quite a bit of money for a picture that is wrinkled and crimped.

Till
03-13-2005, 03:17 AM
Was just on gobison.com and I noticed that they have the prints as being sold out. Think they really are or is this just a ploy to stall for time while they get the obvious shipping problems under control.

kchats
03-13-2005, 04:30 AM
Before we ordered ours they told us they were sold out. They said if they had enough additional orders they would reorder some additional prints. I don't think it is a ploy.

Bisonthunder
03-19-2005, 10:03 PM
I just received my print yesterday and it was fine, no wrinkles. They must be sending them in a different tube now.