PDA

View Full Version : What went wrong Scam Houston - play by play

bison_by_blood
05-04-2021, 09:43 AM
Gonna try to analyze the whole game, play by play. See if it’s the coaching, players or we just weren’t best. Probably just 1st quarter tonite...

Fair catch
1. Cam runs for 4, looked like WRs were covered
2. Hunter 3 yards on sweep, had room outside
3. Cam somehow gets the first on shotgun draw
4. Nine in the box. Ran for zero(audible?)
5. PA, jump pass completed but Babicz fumbles...
SH
1. 5 wide and WR screen for 6
2. Trips left and run right for 4
3. Stuffed for 2
4. Arrow route for 15- nice design from SHSU
5. Fade- well defended by#6
6. WR screen — we were their but got a few yards
7.Fade had him but missed by fingertips
8. Wide open on 4th - not sure what #6 was thinking
9. Best play Tutsie made all year
10. 53 made the whole play
11. Weird formation - Waege playing CB almost picked that and would have been 6
SH - FG 0-3
Fair Catch
1. Bus for 4. Should have been more but stumbled
2. PA maybe should have been caught
3.Back shoulder to 87, could have been caught
Punt covered for minus
SH
1. Toss for not much
2. Deep shot incomplete
3. Back shoulder well covered
Punt ran back for 4
Bison
1. Run Don for a couple - 6 man front should have got more
2. Missed assignment lost 3
3. Cam has time and a guy - throws a duck that gets picked
SHSU
1. PA quick hitter for 15
2. Shot play, too far out endzone
3. Another quick one, almost batted down but got 6
4. Smashed the fake but QB kept for the 1st
5. Shovel for 10. We are getting too far up field
6. Almost in but line holds
7. Easy in run over the top. Not much effort from anyone
Fair catch
Bison
1. Hunter for zero into an 8 man
2. Cam for 7; Trey would have been for 70
3. Cam for -3; Trey would have been for 15
Punt 41
SHSU
1. PA for 8
2. Run middle for 20+ Just undisciplined defense
End of 1st
Score Sam Houston 10 NDSU 0

Thoughts: Cam is not a runner. He’s elusive but just not a runner
The play calling in the 1st was aggressive actually but we didn’t execute.
Our defense seems to always get scored on early in playoffs
Gameplan wasn’t bad in the 1st, execution was awful.

Seemed not that bad after 1st but problem was we spotted them 10 and weren’t dynamic enough to over come it...

GreenfieldBison
05-04-2021, 01:50 PM
What a novel concept! A methodical objective review of the play by play. I like it!

I have to call a procedure foul for unnecessary speculation with regard to the "Trey would have ..." elements.

In general I like where you are headed here though. Please proceed.

gavin2126
05-04-2021, 03:41 PM
I like this as well. I have to disagree that Waege would’ve had a TD if he made the pick, I don’t see him making it 90 yards without being caught. He was kind of diving/lunging at it anyway, wasn’t he?

CAS4127
05-04-2021, 03:49 PM
I’m interested in the SH “first down” run where they got an incredibly generous spot. I still think there should have been a false start or other applicable penalty on SH. Could swear upback moved before snap as well as a couple Olinemen.

Not saying we lost because of that, but a fresh set of downs for SH was big for them and what plays they could call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin
05-04-2021, 03:54 PM
I’m interested in the SH “first down” run where they got an incredibly generous spot. I still think there should have been a false start or other applicable penalty on SH. Could swear upback moved before snap as well as a couple Olinemen.

Not saying we lost because of that, but a fresh set of downs for SH was big for them and what plays they could call.

That spot was insane. I'm surprised more of us aren't using that as a fairly valid excuse.

reformedUNDfan
05-04-2021, 04:22 PM

I forgot about this one, but the universal reaction was WTF? with the the people I was watching with

EC8CH
05-04-2021, 04:33 PM
That spot was insane. I'm surprised more of us aren't using that as a fairly valid excuse.

Well we sucked so that would make us look pathetic. Was a horrible spot though.

Jim Puetz
05-06-2021, 01:03 AM
Winning ugly, losing ugly, who cares? This shit show COVID Spring abomination is over. Now back to real football in the fall, with tailgating, and a packed house yelling an screaming, ... and the dip in the packed house due to opening pheasant and deer season ... and the packed house rising again after that into the playoff, ... . Go Bison!!

HerdBot
05-06-2021, 03:17 AM
You mentioned a few times how Cam had some short runs that Trey would have taken to the house or made long runs. You are spot on. Decent scrambler but not a runner. Quincy Patterson would have housed at least 1 of those runs.

CAS4127
05-06-2021, 04:10 AM
You mentioned a few times how Cam had some short runs that Trey would have taken to the house or made long runs. You are spot on. Decent scrambler but not a runner. Quincy Patterson would have housed at least 1 of those runs.

We apparently don’t teach maximizing angles for yards any more. Instead, it’s juke and jive for yards instead of taking high percentage outcomes.

I’ll try to post a more obvious rendition than what I a spelling out here. Origins come from veer attack, but are generally applicable.

56BISON73
05-06-2021, 06:21 AM
We apparently don’t teach maximizing angles for yards any more. Instead, it’s juke and jive for yards instead of taking high percentage outcomes.

I’ll try to post a more obvious rendition than what I a spelling out here. Origins come from veer attack, but are generally applicable.

Problem is when you are juking and jiving you arent moving forward. If the runner keeps moving forward its another 3-5 yards. Cam at the beginning took an
angle and motored. Then he started to hesitate and when the opportunity was gone he went the juke and jive route. You need to commit and just run the dam ball.
Dont know why he played the way he did in that last game.

WeAreThePride
05-06-2021, 08:44 AM
Really shouldn't call them Scam Houston. They lined up and beat the piss out of us. Nothing tricky or gimmicky about it, their big boys played harder and faster than our big boys.

HerdistheWord
05-06-2021, 12:48 PM
Really shouldn't call them Scam Houston. They lined up and beat the piss out of us. Nothing tricky or gimmicky about it, their big boys played harder and faster than our big boys.

The truth in this statement hurts.

GreenfieldBison
05-06-2021, 02:09 PM
Problem is when you are juking and jiving you arent moving forward. If the runner keeps moving forward its another 3-5 yards. Cam at the beginning took an
angle and motored. Then he started to hesitate and when the opportunity was gone he went the juke and jive route. You need to commit and just run the dam ball.
Dont know why he played the way he did in that last game.

He seemed reticent to accept contact to me. Could be all wet but that is what I thought I saw.