PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the season now that the sun has risen

HerdBot
05-03-2021, 04:01 PM
Now that the sun has risen, here are my thoughts on the season

Our team is a developmental program. That means we recruit high school kids, have them learn the offense at an advanced level and then let Kramer turn them into men. By the time they are Juniors and Seniors, we have 22-23 year old men who understand our team and kick the fuck out of everyone. Klieman used to preach retention with very little attrition.

This year due to covid we did no have that.

We lost 2 starting O-lineman, one in the NFL. We lost an NFL QB and unfortunately, we didn't have a veteran with athleticism to take over. We lost Jabril Cox. We lost our starting running back do to a transfer. We lost Matt Biegler our starting senior DT. We lost our starting shutdown corner midseason. I probably forgot about a few too.

Then to make matters worse, those Seniors we spent years developing were suddenly gone. Howieson and Quin Alo likely would have been starters on the O line. Same is true with guys like Mercadel, Beau Pauley and Trevor Heit.

Haven't even gotten to injuries yet. We lost Seth Wilson week 1. We lost Kobe Johnson and Bussey so we ended up starting a fullback with a bad shoulder and a true freshman in Gonella. Since our Fullback is now our starting running back, we had to move a player to the position for the first time

Throw in injuries to key players like James Kaczor, Dawson Weber, Phoenix Sproles and a late transfer by Hayes forced us to play freshman. That's not how we win.

We got Quincey Patterson poised to be the next stud QB. We got a great transfer running back. We got all these injured players coming back. Young players or first time starters are going to look really good next year. Guys like Jake Rock, Mason Miller, Zabel, Jalen Sundell, Wisniewski, Eubanks, Dom Jones, Gonella and all these younger players gained the most. Give them the summer with Kramer, time to watch film and we may have ourselves a heck of team

Point is despite all of this, we were still good enough to make a playoff run. These young guys are only going to get better and we're set up pretty good now.

As far as future recruiting goes, we got 3 NFL Draft picks, a brand new Indoor Practice Facility and coaches and players who may have needed a little humbling. And yes, I still think Tyler Roehl really sucked this year.

heffray
05-03-2021, 04:04 PM
Well said. There is good reason to be optimistic about next year and many years to come.

Kevin
05-03-2021, 04:07 PM
Agreed completely but I need at least one more day to be angry.

tjamz
05-03-2021, 04:10 PM
Now that the sun has risen, here are my thoughts on the season

Our team is a developmental program. That means we recruit high school kids, have them learn the offense at an advanced level and then let Kramer turn them into men. By the time they are Juniors and Seniors, we have 22-23 year old men who understand our team and kick the fuck out of everyone. Klieman used to preach retention with very little attrition.

This year due to covid we did no have that.

We lost 2 starting O-lineman, one in the NFL. We lost an NFL QB and unfortunately, we didn't have a veteran to take over. We lost Jabril Cox. We lost our starting running back do to a transfer. We lost Matt Biegler our starting senior DT. We lost our starting shutdown corner midseason. I probably forgot about a few too.

Then to make matters worse, those Seniors we spent years developing were suddenly gone. Howieson and Quin Alo likely would have been starters on the O line. Same is true with guys like Mercadel and Beau Pauley.

Haven't even gotten to injuries yet. We lost Seth Wilson week 1. We lost Kobe Johnson and Bussey ended up starting a fullback with a bad shoulder and a true freshman in Gonella. Since our Fullback is now our starting running back, we had to move a player to the position for the first time

Throw in injuries to key players like James Kaczor, Dawson Weber, Phoenix Sproles and a late transfer by Hayes forced us to play freshman. That's not how we win.

We got Quincey Patterson poised to be the next stud QB. We got a great transfer running back. We got all these injured players coming back. Young players or first time starters are going to look really good next year. Guys like Jake Rock, Mason Miller, Zabel, Jalen Sundell, Wisniewski, Eubanks, Dom Jones, Gonella and all these younger players gained the most. Give them the summer with Kramer, time to watch film and we may have ourselves a heck of team

Point is despite all of this, we were still good enough to make a playoff run. These young guys are only going to get better and we're set up pretty good now.

As far as future recruiting goes, we got 3 NFL Draft picks, a brand new Indoor Practice Facility and coaches and players who may have needed a little humbling. And yes, I still think Tyler Roehl really sucked this year.I tend to agree with all of this. I'm sure I could find things to bitch and obsess about that I have no control over, but like you I'm going to focus on the future.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

bstark28
05-03-2021, 04:17 PM
100% agree with the above....couple other points to mull over.

1) With Cordell already saying he'll be back in the Fall (assuming everyone is healthy), we'll go Cordell, Nash, Sundell, Zabel, and Rock/Mauch across the front....I can live with that OL all day long and twice on Sunday.
2) Transfer portal entries.....hate to even think about it, but just have to assume that this is going to be another element we need to deal with going forward. Any names that people are worrying about as possibly bolting?
3) I know Charlie brought it up in another thread....but, I've heard the same from multiple people, as well, that there are locker room issues that need to be addressed. Don't have any specifics, but makes you wonder as to what the hell is going on behind closed doors.

THEsocalledfan
05-03-2021, 04:32 PM

1) With Cordell already saying he'll be back in the Fall (assuming everyone is healthy), we'll go Cordell, Nash, Sundell, Zabel, and Rock/Mauch across the front....I can live with that OL all day long and twice on Sunday.
2) Transfer portal entries.....hate to even think about it, but just have to assume that this is going to be another element we need to deal with going forward. Any names that people are worrying about as possibly bolting?
3) I know Charlie brought it up in another thread....but, I've heard the same from multiple people, as well, that there are locker room issues that need to be addressed. Don't have any specifics, but makes you wonder as to what the hell is going on behind closed doors.

Watson is the fear in my book.....he has P5 talent. Cox type situation again, and honestly, maybe even bigger deal for him if he want to play in the League.

Kevin
05-03-2021, 04:36 PM
Watson is the fear in my book.....he has P5 talent. Cox type situation again, and honestly, maybe even bigger deal for him if he want to play in the League.

It helps that there's a 50% chance he's not going to catch it. Guy is an amazing talent but somehow catches passes he shouldn't catch and drops the passes he should.

EC8CH
05-03-2021, 04:37 PM

Absolutely. This feels inevitable unfortunately.

Professor Chaos
05-03-2021, 04:38 PM
My glass is half full... I think this team will be better in the fall due to the games and reps this spring.

Offensively if Zabel and Rock are able to come back healthy they'll have a fantastic O-line but they need to shore up their pass blocking. RBs with Gonella, Luepke, and Bussey are already set but SMU transfer Tamorick Williams coming in and Kobe Johnson coming back will keep that position loaded. TEs are studs. Watson is a stud. The only missing piece to make this a dominant offense again is a QB and that'll be by far the biggest question mark heading into the fall.

Defensively the d-line is so solid and deep with the emergence of guys like the Mostaerts, Brayden Thomas, and Pierce to go along with Waege, McCormick, etc (hoping Barty Ogbu can get back into the fold as well). LB is a bit of a concern especially trying to match up with pass catching RBs but they've got a lot of young talent with guys like Wisniewski and Weerts to complement the starters. In the secondary I thought Talbert took a huge step forward this spring and Eubanks looks like he could be an all-conference type player very soon. The safeties are loaded with the addition of Dom Jones along with Weber and Tutsie.

Basically the only question marks I can see are QB (which is a huge one) and LB. Shore those up this fall and this spring will end up being nothing more than a little bump in the road.

EC8CH
05-03-2021, 04:39 PM
It helps that there's a 50% chance he's not going to catch it. Guy is an amazing talent but somehow catches passes he shouldn't catch and drops the passes he should.

Doubt that's enough though. Especially with the QB position in flux holding onto top talent WRs is going to be a challenge.

THEsocalledfan
05-03-2021, 04:39 PM

Suspect how good Quincy looks in practice will be a key thing we simply won't know. We just need to hold our breathe that some P5 team does not get really really short at WR that is a good fit for Cristian, particularly if SEC or ACC since closer to home for him.

HerdBot
05-03-2021, 04:43 PM

Don't forget about the Kubas brothers. Also our new O-line coach was a first time coach at that position and he will certainly learn and improve. Having some more experienced guys will help too.

KSBisonFan
05-03-2021, 04:48 PM
We will be good with all the young talent thrown into the fire this year.

Biggest concern is some of the coaching decisions and stubbornness.

Why didn't we see Ogbu this season? Injury?

HerdBot
05-03-2021, 04:49 PM
Also Quincy Patterson will be the bridge between Trey and possibly Cole Peyton. Cam Miller was put into an impossible situation as an 18 year old kid and he did the best we could expect. But what Patterson brings is 1) size 2) speed 3) running ability 4) experience. 5) stronger arm. Seriously though this guy is 6-3 240 and can run like a running back. That's the dynamic our offense was missing. When we can run the football with a QB, we hardly have to throw a pass to win

He's been practicing with the team so he's probably in the same ballpark of knowledge as Cam is right now. But watch this and tell me Cam could bring this dynamic to our offense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x06R1Krb_6k

bstark28
05-03-2021, 05:05 PM

This was the one name I had in mind, as well....also, was thinking Sproles as a possibility to leave; however, based on a Tweet he sent out shortly after the game, he at least gave off the impression that he's not going anywhere....obviously, that could change.

TransAmBison
05-03-2021, 05:07 PM

3) I know Charlie brought it up in another thread....but, I've heard the same from multiple people, as well, that there are locker room issues that need to be addressed. Don't have any specifics, but makes you wonder as to what the hell is going on behind closed doors.I don't know if Mathis is still hurt, but Sproles not playing for "personal reasons" bothers me. Makes me wonder if that is due to said locker room issues? Seems to me like that has to be it. Having at least Sproles out there would have been a big help yesterday...could have possibly opened things up and got easier throws for Miller. Whatever the issues are...they better get it cleaned up and be one herd by fall...and they better be playing for each other rather than themselves.

Kevin
05-03-2021, 05:08 PM
I don't know if Mathis is still hurt, but Sproles not playing for "personal reasons" bothers me. Makes me wonder if that is due to said locker room issues? Seems to me like that has to be it. Having at least Sproles out there would have been a big help yesterday...could have possibly opened things up and got easier throws for Miller. Whatever the issues are...they better get it cleaned up and be one herd by fall...and they better be playing for each other rather than themselves.

Maybe we should ask Q in the political forum.

heffray
05-03-2021, 05:21 PM
I don't know if Mathis is still hurt, but Sproles not playing for "personal reasons" bothers me. Makes me wonder if that is due to said locker room issues? Seems to me like that has to be it. Having at least Sproles out there would have been a big help yesterday...could have possibly opened things up and got easier throws for Miller. Whatever the issues are...they better get it cleaned up and be one herd by fall...and they better be playing for each other rather than themselves.

I took it as a good sign that the fake Dom Izzo account tweeted that Sproles entered the transfer portal and Phoenix replied to the tweet for all to see that it was fake news and to take it down.

EC8CH
05-03-2021, 05:24 PM
I took it as a good sign that the fake Dom Izzo account tweeted that Sproles entered the transfer portal and Phoenix replied to the tweet for all to see that it was fake news and to take it down.

Reciever is a tough spot at NDSU to get looks in the league especially with Trey gone and big questions at QB. Hope coaches are working at retention and fans are preparing for transfers if they do happen.

TransAmBison
05-03-2021, 05:27 PM
I took it as a good sign that the fake Dom Izzo account tweeted that Sproles entered the transfer portal and Phoenix replied to the tweet for all to see that it was fake news and to take it down.Yeah, I get that...but it is just a nagging question why didn't he play if he could? It doesn't feel right. Doesn't help that our media doesn't ask these tough questions.

reformedUNDfan
05-03-2021, 05:31 PM
People asked how good NDSU's backups were and this year we found out that they were a few plays from being a semifinal team.

We've also seen two years of offensive regression despite an offense full of NFL caliber players.

MankatoBison
05-03-2021, 05:32 PM
Trying not to get too excited about patterson, but we know what an well above average runner can do at QB even if theyre a below average passer can do at the helm of this offense (See stick years 1-2) and thats a championship level football team. If hes an above average passer- that means we are odds on favorite to win another title. A Great passer means undefeated season.

Both Patyon and Patterson provide a legitimate threat in the ground game. We will be good in the Fall.

G_Funky
05-03-2021, 05:37 PM

I dont think Watson is going anywhere. Athletic receivers are a dime/dozen at P5 schools. He stays at NDSU and he can continue to shine on KOs and go routes. The league saw plenty of tape on him while they broke down Trey before the draft. They know where he's at and he'll definitely get an invitation to some post season show case bowls.

DORMIE
05-03-2021, 05:40 PM
Watched the Patterson video. Holy Moly, the guys a beast. Hopefully he
and Watson have been developing a relationship. Looks like they could
work well together. As to locker room. We were told a couple of months ago
at Teammaker Board Meeting that they had been having some sessions with the
players as to the issues that have upset many of the fans. Hopefully all of
this is in the past.

Hammerhead
05-03-2021, 05:42 PM
The throws in that highlight video were right on the money. It will be interesting to see who starts the year at QB.

Watched the Patterson video. Holy Moly, the guys a beast. Hopefully he
and Watson have been developing a relationship. Looks like they could
work well together. As to locker room. We were told a couple of months ago
at Teammaker Board Meeting that they had been having some sessions with the
players as to the issues that have upset many of the fans. Hopefully all of
this is in the past.

Bisonator98
05-03-2021, 05:48 PM
I'm not going to count on Patterson being the QB until he performs in our system. Noland had a great highlite tape too remember. Transfers seldom work out and it's especially difficult at a position like QB in our system. Very few colleges put the amount of responsibility we do on the QB and that's not easily grasped in a year or even 2. It'll be interesting to see who ends up starting at QB for sure.

MankatoBison
05-03-2021, 05:50 PM
One of the commnetators made an interesting comment on the broadcast yesterday about Watson and an alleged attitude problem???

It was after his KO return I believe, something to the effect of "got too big for his britches and it became about me, me, me, and had to learn to think more like a team player"

Does anyone know what hes talking about? did he completely pull it out of his ass? I havent heard anything about Watson being anything but an asset to the team on and off the field.

bstark28
05-03-2021, 05:55 PM
I'm as excited as everyone else for Payton to get on campus....but, we don't want to put him in the same situation we were forced to with Cam, as an 18 year old true Freshman, albeit the scenarios are different. Let him redshirt and learn, follow around Quincy/Cam like Easton and Trey did during their RS FR years, then he'll be ready to rock in year #2. Unless, of course, they have certain packages they want to implement for him and he plays the max of 4 games to retain that year of eligibility.

Bison Bridge Guy
05-03-2021, 06:00 PM
Yeah, I get that...but it is just a nagging question why didn't he play if he could? It doesn't feel right. Doesn't help that our media doesn't ask these tough questions.

What do you want them to ask? When someone says they are doing or not doing something for personal reasons, isn't the general consensus that others accept that?

heffray
05-03-2021, 06:06 PM
What do you want them to ask? When someone says they are doing or not doing something for personal reasons, isn't the general consensus that others accept that?

I think it’s more about the general sentiment I hear from the local media when they interview coaches, they act more like friends than anything, and I guess I agree with Tab, I wish there was a little more scrutiny aimed toward the coaches with some more direct questions with this coaching staff specifically. If they don’t answer, they don’t answer, but right now they aren’t being asked.

gavin2126
05-03-2021, 06:07 PM
One of the commnetators made an interesting comment on the broadcast yesterday about Watson and an alleged attitude problem???

It was after his KO return I believe, something to the effect of "got too big for his britches and it became about me, me, me, and had to learn to think more like a team player"

Does anyone know what hes talking about? did he completely pull it out of his ass? I havent heard anything about Watson being anything but an asset to the team on and off the field.

I missed that, but I’m guessing he was talking out of his ass. The announcers in every game all tried to act like they were very knowledgeable about the teams they were “covering” but none of them knew much of anything. They just turned on the games and called them from their own living rooms.

I’ve complained for years that they don’t talk about FCS at halftime of FCS games. After yesterday I’m now glad they never did and look forward to them not doing it again.

heffray
05-03-2021, 06:08 PM
I missed that, but I’m guessing he was talking out of his ass. The announcers in every game all tried to act like they were very knowledgeable about the teams they were “covering” but none of them knew much of anything. They just turned on the games and called them from their own living rooms.

I’ve complained for years that they don’t talk about FCS at halftime of FCS games. After yesterday I’m now glad they never did and look forward to them not doing it again.

Those announcers yesterday were some of the worst I’ve heard on an ESPN broadcast, and we’ve had some bad ones...

Hammersmith
05-03-2021, 06:09 PM

3) I wonder how much covid had a part in this. I have to assume a lot of team building happens in the weight room, locker room, player meetings, and in large-group practices. How much of all of these were compromised in the last 12 months? And much of the team culture is passed on through people like Kramer. I have to believe he didn't get nearly the amount of personal contact time with players that he normally does. It's one thing to put together workout programs for players, but that's not what makes Kramer special.

TransAmBison
05-03-2021, 06:12 PM

Does anyone know what hes talking about? did he completely pull it out of his ass? I havent heard anything about Watson being anything but an asset to the team on and off the field.I've heard rumblings about Watson not being a team player...don't know if there is truth to it.

CAS4127
05-03-2021, 06:12 PM
Two things still stand out for me:

1. The play calling/O scheme/package, especially the passing game.

2. Our Oline. Beat-up, young, switching positions to fill spots, etc. So, I’m somewhat relieved they get an extra 2-3 weeks of training before Fall. Get that group healthy, and with major depth, and they can literally make up for a poor play call.

But, we still need improved play calling, and I believe Roehl and some other position coaches need to step up their game.

One example is receiver coach. One of my friends and former teammates who is in NDSU Athletic HOL texted me some of his thoughts and observations, and the more I thought about those, the more I agree. We not only have a poor passing scheme, we also lack pattern fundamentals and zone coverage situational awareness at the receiver positions. They can all block well but, to be effective and efficient in the passing game, we need improvement on those two aspects. Maybe the scheme is there and the fundamentals aren’t, or maybe it’s both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TransAmBison
05-03-2021, 06:17 PM
What do you want them to ask? When someone says they are doing or not doing something for personal reasons, isn't the general consensus that others accept that?He's on scholarship to play football. When has a player ever said I'm healthy, but I'm choosing to not play and stayed on the team? I guess that raises a question to me...considering all the rumblings about unrest in the locker room, us really needing him, the kneeling "event", etc. I haven't passed judgement on him or anything...but I am surprised the media hasn't even asked. Now if he said he wasn't playing because he was worried about playing too soon and reinjury...I would have no issue. But saying for personal reasons...that makes me think that might not be it.

wagsabison
05-03-2021, 06:18 PM

2. Our Oline. Beat-up, young, switching positions to fill spots, etc. So, I’m somewhat relieved they get an extra 2-3 weeks of training before Fall. Get that group healthy, and with major depth, and they can literally make up for a poor play call.

But, we still need improved play calling, and I believe Roehl and some other position coaches need to step up their game.

One example is receiver coach. One of my friends and former teammates who is in NDSU Athletic HOL texted me some of his thoughts and observations, and the more I thought about those, the more I agree. We not only have a poor passing scheme, we also lack pattern fundamentals and zone coverage situational awareness at the receiver positions. They can all block well but, to be effective and efficient in the passing game, we need improvement on those two aspects. Maybe the scheme is there and the fundamentals aren’t, or maybe it’s both.

Do you think the inept passing game was the fault of play calling or who was throwing the ball? (Cam or Zeb)

gavin2126
05-03-2021, 06:21 PM
Those announcers yesterday were some of the worst I’ve heard on an ESPN broadcast, and we’ve had some bad ones...

They just made shit up on the fly and counted on the viewers being uninformed and not knowing any better. If I had to take a shot of alcohol yesterday every time I muttered something like “what the fuck are you talking about?” to my TV I’d be dead.

GreenfieldBison
05-03-2021, 06:24 PM

Yes. If you could marry Watson's speed with Vraa's ability to come down with anything in his zip code then for sure that player would be gone.

CAS4127
05-03-2021, 06:27 PM
Do you think the inept passing game was the fault of play calling or who was throwing the ball? (Cam or Zeb)

Some of both and execution.

Here is a good read and breakdown of our O under Klieman/Messingham.

One thing you see from the embedded videos is how we used to just explode off the ball at snap (everyone) on almost every play. You’ll also see how we set up the wheel route by taxing the seams and clearing out underneath with a crossing pattern. The defense was put on their heels and or left flat footed.

https://247sports.com/college/kansas-state/Article/Kansas-State-football-Chris-Klieman-offense-Courtney-Messingham--126830704/

23Bison
05-03-2021, 06:31 PM
I’m beginning to believe that neither Sproles or Watson will leave unless they both leave. I believe they can see what we will have in the QB room this fall and who we will have on the OL. Plus adding Tamerick Williams at RB. Next year could be something special. Cams issue this season was Zeb in a way. Sadly he was thrown into the fire (playoffs as his first two starts. I just want these guys to get healthy this summer and add some size/speed. Just happy this spring season is over!!

totoinfl
05-03-2021, 06:32 PM

Completely agree on the passing scheme. The short and intermediate routes are just not there. Seemed that everything they called yesterday was a field side sideline throw, tough for any QB, especially a dinged up one. The RB were non-existent in the passing game for the most part.

I really thought the off tackle stuff would work more, especially when the dline knows we like to pull and they were just shooting gaps to kill the pull. SIU, SDSU and SHSU did that well. Too many jet sweeps for my taste that is a once every other game play, not 2 or 3 times per game.

GreenfieldBison
05-03-2021, 06:36 PM
I think it’s more about the general sentiment I hear from the local media when they interview coaches, they act more like friends than anything, and I guess I agree with Tab, I wish there was a little more scrutiny aimed toward the coaches with some more direct questions with this coaching staff specifically. If they don’t answer, they don’t answer, but right now they aren’t being asked.

It's entirely possible they have been asked "off the record" though.

23Bison
05-03-2021, 06:38 PM
Some of both and execution.

Here is a food read and breakdown our O under Klieman/Messingham.

One thing you see from the embedde md videos is who we used to just explode off the ball at snap (everyone) on almost every play. You’ll also see how we set up the wheel route by taxing the seams and clearing out underneath with a crossing pattern. The defense was put on their heels and or left flat footed.

https://247sports.com/college/kansas-state/Article/Kansas-State-football-Chris-Klieman-offense-Courtney-Messingham--126830704/

This makes me sad. I want to see more of this in the future. Messingham was a pretty good OC.

HerdBot
05-03-2021, 06:39 PM
I'm not going to count on Patterson being the QB until he performs in our system. Noland had a great highlite tape too remember. Transfers seldom work out and it's especially difficult at a position like QB in our system. Very few colleges put the amount of responsibility we do on the QB and that's not easily grasped in a year or even 2. It'll be interesting to see who ends up starting at QB for sure.

Transfers work out just as good as true freshman who are undersized. It was obvious that Cam couldn't grasp the offense either and that's not saying he's not smart. Kids smart but when you're a true freshman there is so much to learn about life much less football. But a good OC builds a gameplan around a players strengths and avoids their weaknesses.

Zebs highlights are not a good comparison. He's a statue. Athletically, Quincy is a thoroughbred horse and Zeb is a donkey. Cam is an undersized pony.

TransAmBison
05-03-2021, 06:40 PM
It's entirely possible they have been asked "off the record" though.I absolutely believe it was asked off the record...and our media is all buddy/buddy with them. I like Jeff and Dom as well as 1660...but we will never hear anything bad from any of them. Probably not any different than anywhere else, though.

heffray
05-03-2021, 06:44 PM
It's entirely possible they have been asked "off the record" though.

I absolutely believe it was asked off the record...and our media is all buddy/buddy with them. I like Jeff and Dom as well as 1660...but we will never hear anything bad from any of them. Probably not any different than anywhere else, though.

A reporter asking something off the record is basically like a tree falling in a forest with no one around to hear it...

GreenfieldBison
05-03-2021, 06:48 PM
I absolutely believe it was asked off the record...and our media is all buddy/buddy with them. I like Jeff and Dom as well as 1660...but we will never hear anything bad from any of them. Probably not any different than anywhere else, though.

It's probably a bit of a fine line to walk to maintain as much access as they can to whatever. Get too confrontational and your access is restricted a bit?

That's what I saw in a movie anyway fwiw...

CAS4127
05-03-2021, 07:04 PM

Anyone who has questioned Roehl was basically just called an idiot by Culhane at the end of his show today.

EC8CH
05-03-2021, 07:04 PM
Fargo press does negative stories when the shit really hits the fan. These issues we're talking about now are gossipy rag stories we bash the Philly press about when they ran them on Wentz. You ask me, it's better they keep their nose out of that shit.

BISONBRI53
05-03-2021, 07:10 PM
Also Quincy Patterson will be the bridge between Trey and possibly Cole Peyton. Cam Miller was put into an impossible situation as an 18 year old kid and he did the best we could expect. But what Patterson brings is 1) size 2) speed 3) running ability 4) experience. 5) stronger arm. Seriously though this guy is 6-3 240 and can run like a running back. That's the dynamic our offense was missing. When we can run the football with a QB, we hardly have to throw a pass to win

He's been practicing with the team so he's probably in the same ballpark of knowledge as Cam is right now. But watch this and tell me Cam could bring this dynamic to our offense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x06R1Krb_6k

Think we need to pump the breaks on this guy.... We were saying the same thing about Zeb at the end of last year and it was gonna be AIR BISON....

TransAmBison
05-03-2021, 07:11 PM
Anyone who has questioned Roehl was basically just called an idiot by Culhane at the end of his show today.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI might have to listen to the replay...forgot all about it today. You've got way more and better inside sources than I do...anything additional you can share publicly on the team unity front/and or Sproles that you can share? Guessing you can't...but worth asking.

EC8CH
05-03-2021, 07:11 PM

I call you an idiot all the time, you should be used to it by now.

I don't think Roehl should be fired, but maybe he could work on adjusting the play calling to his players abilities more? This season the offense was really bad. That is an objective fact. Was a tricky season personnel wise, but NDSU still had talent that it seemed could have been better utilized by the offensive coaches.

For next year they either need to get better players into the key positions for the schemes they want to run, or adjust the schemes better to fit the players they do have. Maybe that makes me an idiot like CAS?

I thought the D and special teams really improved throughout the season, the offense, not so much.

EC8CH
05-03-2021, 07:15 PM
Think we need to pump the breaks on this guy.... We were saying the same thing about Zeb at the end of last year and it was gonna be AIR BISON....

QPII can run the rock, but can he run the offense? Guess we'll find out in a few months.

JMB
05-03-2021, 07:15 PM
Completely agree on the passing scheme. The short and intermediate routes are just not there. Seemed that everything they called yesterday was a field side sideline throw, tough for any QB, especially a dinged up one. The RB were non-existent in the passing game for the most part.

I really thought the off tackle stuff would work more, especially when the dline knows we like to pull and they were just shooting gaps to kill the pull. SIU, SDSU and SHSU did that well. Too many jet sweeps for my taste that is a once every other game play, not 2 or 3 times per game.

I would agree with this. It seems like all year we don't hit crossing routes, and everything we threw was to the outside of the field. I am not sure if that is a natural result of everyone loading up the box, so the outside is less defended?

BISONBRI53
05-03-2021, 07:18 PM

I agree... So many times this year I saw say 3rd and 7 and we run a 5 yard route... Need to know the situation and not what the play calls for...

Kevin
QPII can run the rock, but can he run the offense? Guess we'll find out in a few months.

I don't think he has to. They've had Cam on an incredibly short leash as well.

If the kid can run like we saw SDSU's QB last night I say we throw < 5 times a game.

HerdBot

Not many people thought that about Zeb. A few people thought he was more mobile than he was though. I thought he would be serviceable. But this year exposed the fact that we really depend on having a running QB. And it doesn't take a genius to watch this and realize this guy would kill it in our QB run game. He has the skills to rush for 1k yards. He flies though a freakin ACC defense.

Professor Chaos
05-03-2021, 07:19 PM
Transfers work out just as good as true freshman who are undersized. It was obvious that Cam couldn't grasp the offense either and that's not saying he's not smart. Kids smart but when you're a true freshman there is so much to learn about life much less football. But a good OC builds a gameplan around a players strengths and avoids their weaknesses.

Zebs highlights are not a good comparison. He's a statue. Athletically, Quincy is a thoroughbred horse and Zeb is a donkey. Cam is an undersized pony.
Yeah, this is why I shake my head when I see comments about Cole Payton competing for the starting spot this fall... he may be physically gifted but it's a monumental task from a football aptitude perspective to ask a guy to be the starting QB in this offense after 1 month of actual practice as a true freshman. I'd be flabbergasted if he's even in the conversation to start this fall...in fact it would be disappointing because to me it would indicate that Patterson isn't ready for prime time and Miller didn't improve like he needed to.

Professor Chaos
05-03-2021, 07:21 PM
I call you an idiot all the time, you should be used to it by now.

I don't think Roehl should be fired, but maybe he could work on adjusting the play calling to his players abilities more? This season the offense was really bad. That is an objective fact. Was a tricky season personnel wise, but NDSU still had talent that it seemed could have been better utilized by the offensive coaches.

For next year they either need to get better players into the key positions for the schemes they want to run, or adjust the schemes better to fit the players they do have. Maybe that makes me an idiot like CAS?

I thought the D and special teams really improved throughout the season, the offense, not so much.
I think the offense was fine except for QB being a major liability.... of course that's a big deal but it's still only one player. The offense this spring was one player away (didn't have to be a Trey Lance type player or anything close to that either) from being a pretty outstanding unit.

EC8CH
05-03-2021, 07:23 PM
Yeah, this is why I shake my head when I see comments about Cole Payton competing for the starting spot this fall... he may be physically gifted but it's a monumental task from a football aptitude perspective to ask a guy to be the starting QB in this offense after 1 month of actual practice as a true freshman. I'd be flabbergasted if he's even in the conversation to start this fall...in fact it would be disappointing because to me it would indicate that Patterson isn't ready for prime time and Miller didn't improve like he needed to.

He's a distant third I agree and I'd rather it not be him next year either.

My hope is the 2 in Quincy Patterson II, is the number of times we need to throw it to win games for the next two years.

EC8CH
05-03-2021, 07:28 PM
I think the offense was fine except for QB being a major liability.... of course that's a big deal but it's still only one player. The offense this spring was one player away (didn't have to be a Trey Lance type player or anything close to that either) from being a pretty outstanding unit.

Maybe the offense could have been fine, but it struggled mightily with the liability at QB. They really struggled not have that running threat at QB. That's why I'm hopeful QPII can fill that key void next fall.

Professor Chaos
05-03-2021, 07:34 PM
Maybe the offense could have been fine, but it struggled mightily with the liability at QB. They really struggled not have that running threat at QB. That's why I'm hopeful QPII can fill that key void next fall.
I still don't think this offense necessarily needs a dual threat QB. But if the QB isn't a dual threat he needs to be consistently accurate and on-time with his throws and neither Zeb or Cam was that this spring.

EC8CH
05-03-2021, 07:41 PM
I still don't think this offense necessarily needs a dual threat QB. But if the QB isn't a dual threat he needs to be consistently accurate and on-time with his throws and neither Zeb or Cam was that this spring.

Well we tried it one way this season, let's try it the other way next season and see if it goes any better :D

bisontown
05-03-2021, 07:44 PM

This 100%. Miller was a terrible running QB, but he looked good right away because he was more mobile than Zeb. Thats why the brakes need to be pumped on QP, as his accuracy better be damn improved, or we are going to be in the same situation. If you have an accurate QB, capable or running or not, you are going to be successful.

ByeSonBusiness
05-03-2021, 07:48 PM
Not many people thought that about Zeb. A few people thought he was more mobile than he was though. I thought he would be serviceable. But this year exposed the fact that we really depend on having a running QB. And it doesn't take a genius to watch this and realize this guy would kill it in our QB run game. He has the skills to rush for 1k yards. He flies though a freakin ACC defense.

UNC is hot garbage on defense.

He did make a few solid runs against Notre Dame as well.

Kevin
05-03-2021, 07:51 PM
Can we just steal SDSU's quarterback at gun point?

scottietohottie
05-03-2021, 07:58 PM
Spring football is stupid.

EC8CH
05-03-2021, 07:58 PM
Can we just steal SDSU's quarterback at gun point?

Elmer Fudd style?

Bison Bridge Guy
05-03-2021, 08:12 PM
He's on scholarship to play football. When has a player ever said I'm healthy, but I'm choosing to not play and stayed on the team? I guess that raises a question to me...considering all the rumblings about unrest in the locker room, us really needing him, the kneeling "event", etc. I haven't passed judgement on him or anything...but I am surprised the media hasn't even asked. Now if he said he wasn't playing because he was worried about playing too soon and reinjury...I would have no issue. But saying for personal reasons...that makes me think that might not be it.

I understand your point, but if his reason wasn't legitimate, why would Entz allow him to keep his scholarship and stay on the team? Or is that what the gossip is about locker room unrest, i.e. why does he get to stay if he's not playing?

TransAmBison
05-03-2021, 08:18 PM
I understand your point, but if his reason wasn't legitimate, why would Entz allow him to keep his scholarship and stay on the team? Or is that what the gossip is about locker room unrest, i.e. why does he get to stay if he's not playing?

Don't know...but is sure feels like there are getting to be more players thinking about themselves than being Bison. I get players buried in depth charts leaving...but when starters are leaving/choosing not to play...I get concerned. Then there was the kneeling fiasco. Who knows the depth of damage done by that? It didn't make me question my donation...but it did to many. Who knows how the players reacted to this...I'm too old to understand how kids that age think anymore. This was a hot mess of a year, and I don't know if it is all done with yet or not.

ByeSonBusiness
05-03-2021, 08:40 PM
Don't know...but is sure feels like there are getting to be more players thinking about themselves than being Bison. I get players buried in depth charts leaving...but when starters are leaving/choosing not to play...I get concerned. Then there was the kneeling fiasco. Who knows the depth of damage done by that? It didn't make me question my donation...but it did to many. Who knows how the players reacted to this...I'm too old to understand how kids that age think anymore. This was a hot mess of a year, and I don't know if it is all done with yet or not.

The optics would be bad. "You want to make a kid play during covid?!?!?"

BattleBorn
05-03-2021, 09:17 PM
I have to tip my hat to Zeb this year. The young man was an absolute whipping post for this season. Once Cam got his shot, he had some success but had some weaknesses exposed pretty quickly. None of this is bashing Cam. He's a freshman, and this is to be expected. Should the staff have started Cam earlier to get some first team reps and comfort before playoffs? Maybe- I wasn't at practice. I don't know what they know. Right or wrong, the coaches didn't think Cam could get the job done this year. Rather than throwing him to the wolves, Zeb stepped up and took the beating. ZEB got to be the one to follow the footsteps of Jensen, Wentz, Stick, and Lance. Zeb's parents got to listen to shit in the relatively small cheering section on the road. ZEB had to listen to the (admittedly sorta funny*) Uncle Rico comparisons.

How much shit did Zeb protect our young QB from? I don't know what the future holds for Cam, but I do think Zeb took a hell of a lot of shit to protect his young teammate. I can't wait to see where his coaching career takes him.

*I am a bad person

EC8CH
05-03-2021, 09:29 PM
I have to tip my hat to Zeb this year. The young man was an absolute whipping post for this season. Once Cam got his shot, he had some success but had some weaknesses exposed pretty quickly. None of this is bashing Cam. He's a freshman, and this is to be expected. Should the staff have started Cam earlier to get some first team reps and comfort before playoffs? Maybe- I wasn't at practice. I don't know what they know. Right or wrong, the coaches didn't think Cam could get the job done this year. Rather than throwing him to the wolves, Zeb stepped up and took the beating. ZEB got to be the one to follow the footsteps of Jensen, Wentz, Stick, and Lance. Zeb's parents got to listen to shit in the relatively small cheering section on the road. ZEB had to listen to the (admittedly sorta funny*) Uncle Rico comparisons.

How much shit did Zeb protect our young QB from? I don't know what the future holds for Cam, but I do think Zeb took a hell of a lot of shit to protect his young teammate. I can't wait to see where his coaching career takes him.

*I am a bad person

Neither of those guys quit on the team and they deserve respect for that. Zeb's throwing motion and mustache are a little Uncle Ricoesque so damn me to hell if I've made a joke or two about that. I'll be rooting from his to succeed though in his coaching career. We'll always have the last series before half Zeb... I'll never forget you!

EC8CH
05-03-2021, 09:29 PM
Spring football is stupid.

Boneless wings are stupid.

EC8CH
05-03-2021, 09:39 PM
https://twitter.com/quincy_qb1/status/1389333553578717187?s=19

Logan Graetz transferring out.

Next year will now be between QPII, Cam, Cole... Am I missing any other QB's we're expecting to sign? Peter Anderson?

23Bison
05-03-2021, 11:01 PM

Next year will now be between QPII, Cam, Cole... Am I missing any other QB's we're expecting to sign? Peter Anderson?

See it’s stuff like this that I don’t understand. Did he see the probable writing on the wall with the depth chart or what? I’m not sure what some of these guys are expecting when they get to college. It’s almost like they want instant gratification so they enter the transfer portal.

HerdBot
05-03-2021, 11:15 PM

He coudn't beat Cam out and Cam struggled. Now he has QPII, Cam and Cole Peyton to compete with. That's all I need to know. It's not easy competition to be a Division 1 QB on a great team.

Hammerhead
05-03-2021, 11:16 PM
I changed my major twice at NDSU so I don’t know if I can criticize kids entering the transfer portal.
See it’s stuff like this that I don’t understand. Did he see the probable writing on the wall with the depth chart or what? I’m not sure what some of these guys are expecting when they get to college. It’s almost like they want instant gratification so they enter the transfer portal.

23Bison
05-03-2021, 11:27 PM
I changed my major twice at NDSU so I don’t know if I can criticize kids entering the transfer portal.

Just leave the criticism to me. I went to school for 3 different majors. I am currently doing none of them for my full time job.

HerdBot
05-03-2021, 11:39 PM

*I am a bad person

Zeb is an awesome guy and a good QB. Just not a good fit for our offense. I really wish the guy well and I think he will be a great coach

ByeSonBusiness
05-03-2021, 11:48 PM
Zeb is an awesome guy and a good QB. Just not a good fit for our offense. I really wish the guy well and I think he will be a great coach

I didn't get "good qb" vibes from him this spring.

Kevin
05-03-2021, 11:50 PM
I've been really excited for Payton since we recruited him. I could see him as a 4 year starter. Another Stick. Just left handed.

But man Quincy seems like a down to earth, hard working dude if social media is any accurate indication. Hard not to be a big fan. I'd love to see a true run centric offense with him. Even if it's just a special package to change it up should Cole beat him out for the job.

CAS4127
05-04-2021, 12:08 AM

What offense are you exactly referencing?

CAS4127
05-04-2021, 12:09 AM
I've been really excited for Payton since we recruited him. I could see him as a 4 year starter. Another Stick. Just left handed.

But man Quincy seems like a down to earth, hard working dude if social media is any accurate indication. Hard not to be a big fan. I'd love to see a true run centric offense with him. Even if it's just a special package to change it up should Cole beat him out for the job.

I hate gimmicky offenses, which shouldn’t be confused with creative offenses, kinda like your sex life.

EC8CH
05-04-2021, 12:10 AM
What offense are you exactly referencing?

The '82 kind where you needed to toss a pigskin a quarter mile.

I'm sorry... I just had to.

Kevin
05-04-2021, 12:22 AM
I hate gimmicky offenses, which shouldn’t be confused with creative offenses, kinda like your sex life.

I dunno bro they run it pretty well down in NOLA.

Maybe we can convert Quincy to Mormonism.

marenlee
05-04-2021, 12:26 AM
Quincy has got to be the favorite going into fall. Cam can be a good backup. Cole needs to learn the offense and develop. I am excited to see what Quincy has to offer and just seeing some of his highlights has me excited.

CAS4127
05-04-2021, 12:26 AM
I dunno bro they run it pretty well down in NOLA.

Maybe we can convert Quincy to Mormonism.

Offense or sex lives re: “down in NOLA”?

And I’m not your “Bro”.
In fact, I’m no ones “Bro”. That reference and “Dude” are two of the dumbest references ever ... way below fucktard and or fuckhead.

Professor Chaos
05-04-2021, 12:37 AM

And I’m not your “Bro”.
In fact, I’m no ones “Bro”. That reference and “Dude” are two of the dumbest references ever ... way below fucktard and or fuckhead.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/bc7d998ddd37ece9696185b2b4c51fcd/tenor.gif

Kevin
05-04-2021, 12:37 AM

And I’m not your “Bro”.

Your my bro, bro. You can't unbro me.

CAS4127
05-04-2021, 12:50 AM
Your my bro, bro. You can't unbro me.

I had a “guy” (or whatever he was trying to be with his pants sagging below his waist) not to long ago ask me at Target register: “Hey, Dude, you in line”? I responded: “Yes, I am, and you may want to pull your pants up”.

Let’s just say we weren’t “Dude” or “Bro” friends after that exchange.

Just effing dumb to where actual solid people have let things devolve.

Kevin
05-04-2021, 12:54 AM
I had a “guy” (or whatever he was trying to be with his pants sagging below his waist) not to long ago ask me at Target register: “Hey, Dude, you in line”? I responded: “Yes, I am, and you may want to pull your pants up”.

cool story bro

CAS4127
05-04-2021, 12:56 AM
cool story bro

Thanks Fucktard!

SDbison
05-04-2021, 12:57 AM
I changed my major twice at NDSU so I don’t know if I can criticize kids entering the transfer portal. You didn't commit to a team when you chose your major. Stupid analogy! Seems too many kids these days are too busy partying and playing video games to seriously think about and make good decisions about their life ahead. Yes some will need to change and some players will quit for various reasons, but the easy transfer portal is the worst move the NCAA has ever made.

EC8CH
05-04-2021, 12:59 AM
Who let the Boomers loose in here? Are we in a commercial break on Wheel of Fortune or something?

marenlee
05-04-2021, 01:03 AM
You didn't commit to a team when you chose your major. Stupid analogy! Seems too many kids these days are too busy partying and playing video games to seriously think about and make good decisions about their life ahead. Yes some will need to change and some players will quit for various reasons, but the easy transfer portal is the worst move the NCAA has ever made.

Does this sound any different than college students 20 years ago? Or even further?

Twincitybizon
05-04-2021, 01:06 AM
Who let the Boomers loose in here? Are we in a commercial break on Wheel of Fortune or something?

Truth. Lots of weird generational angry here. Like everyone who uses bro or dude sags their pants? Or kids just got dumb yesterday. Right......

GreenfieldBison
05-04-2021, 01:09 AM

Why yes, we are.

Kevin
05-04-2021, 01:09 AM

Wheel of fortune is over at 7 bro.

EC8CH
05-04-2021, 01:10 AM

Thanks dude.

CAS4127
05-04-2021, 01:11 AM
Truth. Lots of weird generational angry here. Like everyone who uses bro or dude sags their pants? Or kids just got dumb yesterday. Right......

Love you, Bro/Dude, and bet I could count on you somewhere/somehow ...

GreenfieldBison
05-04-2021, 01:11 AM

Not on my ‘stream it when ya want bitch’ player.

Edit: was that Central or Eastern?

CAS4127
05-04-2021, 01:12 AM
Does this sound any different than college students 20 years ago? Or even further?

Yes!

That’s the post/response.

EC8CH
05-04-2021, 01:12 AM
Why yes, we are.

What's Vanna wearing tonight?

BFKasper14
05-04-2021, 01:13 AM
Quincy has got to be the favorite going into fall. Cam can be a good backup. Cole needs to learn the offense and develop. I am excited to see what Quincy has to offer and just seeing some of his highlights has me excited.

Was listening to Cole Jirik on the Brakedown and that’s what it sounds like. He said it’s most likely Quincey’s team in the fall.

EC8CH
Not on my ‘stream it when ya want bitch’ player.

Did yer grandson set that up fer ya?

I keed I keed.

GreenfieldBison

A dress

Kevin
05-04-2021, 01:14 AM
Wait until CAS finds out he’s heffy’s bro too.

GreenfieldBison
05-04-2021, 01:14 AM
Did yer grandson set that up fer ya?

I keed I keed.

Shit. He doesn’t even have his own phone.

Yet.

Twincitybizon
05-04-2021, 01:15 AM
Love you, Bro/Dude, and bet I could count on you somewhere/somehow ...

Lol for someone who loves policing language you can barely use it. If you're gonna be a dick (your normal) at least make it coherent. We've had this talk

EC8CH
05-04-2021, 01:16 AM
Was listening to Cole Jirik on the Brakedown and that’s what it sounds like. He said it’s most likely Quincey’s team in the fall.

This is about as suspenseful as if a healthy Wentz starts over Stick in the Championship game or if Lance or Nolan was going to be named the starter. Unless one of his legs falls off, QPII will be the starter in the fall.

EC8CH
05-04-2021, 01:16 AM
A dress

Niiiiiice.

CAS4127
05-04-2021, 01:18 AM

As much as she was when she did the Lez Penthouse shot back in my early “kinda” Boomer days. You wouldn’t do well looking at that.

You (nor I) would also not do well looking at your credit card debt compared to your team makers donation, but, hit Target up with those baggy pants and make a solid impression with the Woos,or whatever

EC8CH
05-04-2021, 01:18 AM

He's the one thing Heff can't quit.

heffray
05-04-2021, 01:19 AM

I do not force my bromance on anyone. #brotoo

EC8CH
05-04-2021, 01:19 AM
I don't know how this thread got here, but I like where it's going.

CAS4127
05-04-2021, 01:23 AM
Lol for someone who loves policing language you can barely use it. If you're gonna be a dick (your normal) at least make it coherent. We've had this talk

That’s my style. Plus, in real life, I’d kill you at the use of the English language and punctuation , provided you any longer subscribe to that.

Cuz, you know, embrace and accept .... EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE.

Love common-core math btw!!/effing purple...

mtoutfitter

And I’m not your “Bro”.

I hate it when people call me "Dude'....guess most don't realize that it's a putdown to call someone in the western lifestyle that term.

GreenfieldBison
Apologize for the thread drift here but it’s late-ish and I just need to clear my plate.

YOLO-kev - Gensler just texted me looking for your contact info. Could you please email that to mailto:ChairmanOffice@sec.gov

Thanks in advance probo bro.

GreenfieldBison
05-04-2021, 01:24 AM
I don't know how this thread got here, but I like where it's going.

(Hint: no FB tomorrow)

tjamz
05-04-2021, 01:28 AM
This was the one name I had in mind, as well....also, was thinking Sproles as a possibility to leave; however, based on a Tweet he sent out shortly after the game, he at least gave off the impression that he's not going anywhere....obviously, that could change.Sproles is not leaving.

EC8CH
05-04-2021, 01:29 AM
One night in Jamaica our bartender was explaining how all those terms were also looked down upon there because of how homophobic their society is. I mean, I think so, it was an all inclusive place. I slept on the bathroom floor that night.

Kevin
Apologize for the thread drift here but it’s late-ish and I just need to clear my plate.

YOLO-kev - Gensler just texted me looking for your contact info. Could you please email that to mailto:ChairmanOffice@sec.gov

Thanks in advance probo bro.

Tell him I’ll call when they cover their gme short positions.

CAS4127
Sproles is not leaving.

Kevin is Q.

MAKBison
05-04-2021, 01:31 AM

If I recall correctly I think kids were given a pass if those chose to sit out.

PS believes he will be in the NFL. Why would he want to come back for non guaranteed season and risk injury vrs skip spring ball and come back for a full season.

DCinOK
05-04-2021, 01:31 AM
We've always made fun of other schools and their reliance on Transfers. I hate that we're a part of that crowd now.

EC8CH
05-04-2021, 01:33 AM
We've always made fun of other schools and their reliance on Transfers. I hate that we're a part of that crowd now.

It's not that bad.... Yet. Transfer portal will require some adjustments though.

CAS4127
05-04-2021, 01:33 AM
If I recall correctly I think kids were given a pass if those chose to sit out.

PS believes he will be in the NFL. Why would he want to come back for non guaranteed season and risk injury vrs skip spring ball and come back for a full season.

He is absolutely not gonna be in the NFL. Does he believe he will be? I have no doubt, but it’s not happening, and it’s part of the problem in the clubhouse.

GreenfieldBison
05-04-2021, 01:34 AM
Tell him I’ll call when they cover their gme short positions.

Um... what?

(pssst: They don’t have a balance sheet man, they just regulate.)

Right?

MAKBison
05-04-2021, 01:35 AM
He is absolutely not gonna be in the NFL. Does he believe he will be? I have no doubt, but it’s not happening, and it’s part of the problem in the clubhouse.

That's what he believes. And yeah I agree with u about issues.

Again, several in this bunch would vote to put their names on the back of the jersey if given the chance. Hence my position after the Sdsu loss that the coaches need to eliminate the fun stuff that was earned by past Bison teams. All this team earned is a chance to redeem themselves.

Kevin
05-04-2021, 01:36 AM
Kevin is Q.

If that were true you’d actually listen to me.

MAKBison
05-04-2021, 01:37 AM
Btw....The announcer said Watson started believing his own press clippings and had to refocus himself......I tend to agree with the announcers .

CAS4127
05-04-2021, 01:45 AM
Btw....The announcer said Watson started believing his own press clippings and had to refocus himself......I tend to agree with the announcers .

And he will be in TP soon. If I’m wrong, I’ll admit it, but I think he’s gone, and I’m ok with that.

MAKBison
05-04-2021, 01:46 AM
And he will be in TP soon. If I’m wrong, I’ll admit it, but I think he’s gone, and I’m ok with that.

As am i (10 ch,)

CAS4127
05-04-2021, 01:47 AM
If that were true you’d actually listen to me.

I don’t listen to anyone. I’m my own man/person. You should give it try. You’d do better in “NOLA” if you did.

Kevin
05-04-2021, 01:53 AM
I don’t listen to anyone. I’m my own man/person. You should give it try. You’d do better in “NOLA” if you did.

You’re a one of a kind bro, bro.

See you at Mardis Gras.

ByeSonBusiness
05-04-2021, 01:55 AM
You’re a one of a kind bro, bro.

See you at Mardis Gras.

CAS owns. He doesn't do Mardi Gras.

EC8CH
05-04-2021, 01:59 AM
I don't know if anyone knows this, but I've heard that some of the players listen to that rap music.

Hammerhead
05-04-2021, 02:34 AM
I don't know if anyone knows this, but I've heard that some of the players listen to that rap music.

The “music” during warmups sucks. Needs more Bon Jovi and Rush.

CAS4127
05-04-2021, 02:37 AM

Kevin doesn’t “Fuck”, that’s all I know for sure ...

EC8CH
05-04-2021, 02:38 AM
The “music” during warmups sucks. Needs more Bon Jovi and Rush.

I dunno, do those guys have long hair and wear ripped jeans?

Why can't they just play The Statler Brothers?

23Bison
05-04-2021, 02:46 AM
You are all making me want to drink more than I already do and that’s not a good thing.

EC8CH
05-04-2021, 02:47 AM
Kevin doesn’t “Fuck”, that’s all I know for sure ...

Kev, is CAS saying he put his bun in the oven bro? That's not cool dude.

56BISON73
05-04-2021, 02:49 AM

Mardi Gras is over oh wait it was cancelled a few months ago.

Kevin
05-04-2021, 02:49 AM
Kev, is CAS saying he put his bun in the oven bro? That's not cool dude.

Maybe he just knows I’m abstaining because it freaks me out that there’s a baby in there bro.

CAS4127
05-04-2021, 02:50 AM
I dunno, do those guys have long hair and wear ripped jeans?

Why can't they just play The Statler Brothers?

People, when asked to describe someone they’ve never seen, usually describe themselves or close friends.

ByeSonBusiness
05-04-2021, 02:52 AM
Mardi Gras is over oh wait it was cancelled a few months ago.

Apparently the oldest Mardi Gras in the US is actually in Mobile. #threaddrift

EC8CH
05-04-2021, 02:54 AM
People, when asked to describe someone they’ve never seen, usually describe themselves or close friends.

Shows what you know CAS, I have short hair and don't have any friends.

Kevin
05-04-2021, 02:56 AM
Shows what you know CAS, I have short hair and don't have any friends.

I’m your friend bro.

We’re all bros here.

EC8CH
05-04-2021, 03:03 AM
Why is no one mentioning that in his post game presser Entz said that they just "ran out of time"?

Kevin
05-04-2021, 03:04 AM
Why is no one mentioning that in his post game presser Entz said that they just "ran out of time"?

Because I didn’t watch it. Didn’t want to hear the excuses.

EC8CH
05-04-2021, 03:07 AM
Because I didn’t watch it. Didn’t want to hear the excuses.

There was that and he justified going with the readoption on 3rd down because other teams had been doing that to them. OTHER TEAMS HAVE QBS WHO CAN RUN MATT!!!!!

I'm sorry. I'm just upset that I just learned you probably have long hair.

Kevin
05-04-2021, 03:14 AM
There was that and he justified going with the readoption on 3rd down because other teams had been doing that to them. OTHER TEAMS HAVE QBS WHO CAN RUN MATT!!!!!

I'm sorry. I'm just upset that I just learned you probably have long hair.

Nah bro I shave my head ever since I started balding.

And when I joined the proud boys.

EC8CH
05-04-2021, 03:16 AM
Nah bro I shave my head ever since I started balding.

And when I joined the proud boys.

Phew! Thank God. Now I can go back to not believing everything CAS says.

heffray
05-04-2021, 01:15 PM
You guys are fun.

scottietohottie
05-04-2021, 01:28 PM
My dick feels smaller lately.

2011BisonAlumni
05-04-2021, 01:41 PM

Ya man, having a dream, goal and vision and positioning yourself to try to have an opportunity at that is a problem lol.

Terrible comment....

Bisonator98

What don't you understand? The kid wants to play and he knows he won't here at this point. I mean he's been here 2 years and couldn't get playing time behind Zeb or a true freshman who wasn't exactly great. Guessing he winds up on a D2 team and gets the chance to play. Good luck to him!

WeAreThePride
I blame those of you eating boneless wings.

Bisonator98
05-04-2021, 01:49 PM
My dick feels smaller lately.

Maybe your hands just got bigger? ;)

totoinfl
05-04-2021, 03:18 PM
You guys are fun.

I must admit this has been a very interesting thread...for those who don't like bro or dude...moving to the south I had to learn to be ok with being called "hon" and "dear" by people I didn't know...

23Bison
05-04-2021, 03:23 PM
What don't you understand? The kid wants to play and he knows he won't here at this point. I mean he's been here 2 years and couldn't get playing time behind Zeb or a true freshman who wasn't exactly great. Guessing he winds up on a D2 team and gets the chance to play. Good luck to him!

The mindset of putting in the work and competing. Guys like Cole Davis did that. Youth today don’t know what it’s like. Now I’m not bashing the kid. Kids are always looking for the easy way out. I guess it’s better to leave now than stay and leave later.

reformedUNDfan
05-04-2021, 03:33 PM
The mindset of putting in the work and competing. Guys like Cole Davis did that. Youth today don’t know what it’s like. Now I’m not bashing the kid. Kids are always looking for the easy way out. I guess it’s better to leave now than stay and leave later.

you're talking about people who are what, 5 years apart in age?

TransAmBison
05-04-2021, 03:38 PM
At first I was like, bro? The dude? Then Bro! And finally, duuuuude...*

*If I keep this up, CAS may go broserk**
**Which may just be the opbrotunity he has been waiting for***
****Which would be a catasbrophe

Kevin
05-04-2021, 03:41 PM
At first I was like, bro? The dude? Then Bro! And finally, duuuuude...*

*If I keep this up, CAS may go broserk**
**Which may just be the opbrotunity he has been waiting for***
****Which would be a catasbrophe

Listen, bro. Sometimes the only way to stop people from going broserk is with a brohug.

At least that's the excuse heffy keeps using to hug me.

IndyBison
05-04-2021, 03:42 PM

A good friend of mine has a son who was recruited by several B1G and SEC schools as a tall, fast DE. He decided to enroll at an in-state B1G school. The issue is he was only 195 lb and despite a lot of effort he wasn't able to get bigger than 225 lb. That's too small for a B1G DE. He got some playing time on special teams as a redshirt freshman, but ultimately wanted to play. He entered the portal last Spring and if the NCAA transfer rule had been passed then he would have gone to another FBS school. Since it didn't he chose an FCS school (NDSU was a strong consideration for him but too far from home). Partially into the season they moved him to OLB and he thrived. He's getting some interest to consider NFL next year or the year after if he develops. Time will tell. In his case he's using the portal the way it is intended. He just wants to play football and get his degree (smart kid who is doing well in school). If it turns into a shot at the NFL even better.

El_Chapo
05-04-2021, 03:46 PM
Yeah, I get that...but it is just a nagging question why didn't he play if he could? It doesn't feel right. Doesn't help that our media doesn't ask these tough questions.

I FULLY EXPECT Sproles, Mathis, Watson to be gone. If those 3 stay or 2 of 3 stay I am going to just pleasantly surprised and cheer them on

Will Seth Wilson Be Back?
Will Gonella Skip Pro Baseball this summer?
Will Cox & Dom Jones stay?
Will NDSU attract some drop down Power 5 guys??
Will Roehl have his play call sheet taken away?

those are my nagging questions.... I fully expect Quincy P to start for 2 years than hand off to Cole Peyton for 2 years and we can get back to the NDSU cycle of a Solid QB every 2 years.

23Bison
05-04-2021, 03:53 PM
you're talking about people who are what, 5 years apart in age?

Yup. Lots has changed in 5 years and you can’t deny that. Esley Thornton was another that had the “put in the work” mindset. Logan had a 3rd overall pick ahead of him year one. Covid/spring season year two where the supposed starting QB is hanging it up. Good luck to the kid.

Kevin
05-04-2021, 03:54 PM
I FULLY EXPECT Sproles, Mathis, Watson to be gone. If those 3 stay or 2 of 3 stay I am going to just pleasantly surprised and cheer them on

those are my nagging questions.... I fully expect Quincy P to start for 2 years than hand off to Cole Peyton for 2 years and we can get back to the NDSU cycle of a Solid QB every 2 years.

When did that cycle exist?

Didn't Walker play 3+ years?
Didn't Brock?
Carson only had 2.
Easton had 3?

Serious questions, I don't recall.

El_Chapo
05-04-2021, 04:00 PM
Thanks Fucktard!

OHHH Bisonville gonna Bisonville HAHA Spring has Sprung!!

El_Chapo
05-04-2021, 04:01 PM
When did that cycle exist?

Didn't Walker play 3+ years?
Didn't Brock?
Carson only had 2.
Easton had 3?

Serious questions, I don't recall.

Carson 2 years
Easton 3 years
Quincy 2 years
Peyton 2 years

that cycle

Kevin
05-04-2021, 04:07 PM
Carson 2 years
Easton 3 years
Quincy 2 years
Peyton 2 years

that cycle

So when you said "get back to a cycle" you meant "create a cycle".

Karen
05-04-2021, 04:08 PM

You single hun?

El_Chapo
05-04-2021, 04:09 PM
So when you said "get back to a cycle" you meant "create a cycle".

i know your moms cycle

Kevin
i know your moms cycle

haha they're really similar to your "qb cycle"

She doesn't have one either.

TransAmBison
So when you said "get back to a cycle" you meant "create a cycle".So this year the training wheels fell off the brocycle?

reformedUNDfan
05-04-2021, 04:19 PM
Yup. Lots has changed in 5 years and you can’t deny that. Esley Thornton was another that had the “put in the work” mindset. Logan had a 3rd overall pick ahead of him year one. Covid/spring season year two where the supposed starting QB is hanging it up. Good luck to the kid.

yes, I very easily can deny that, because its nonsense

23Bison
05-04-2021, 04:27 PM
yes, I very easily can deny that, because its nonsense

Well that’s your opinion

EC8CH
05-04-2021, 04:29 PM
Derek McGinnis. Don't remember anyone questioning his work ethic. Think he did quite well after transferring.

heffray
05-04-2021, 04:45 PM
Listen, bro. Sometimes the only way to stop people from going broserk is with a brohug.

At least that's the excuse heffy keeps using to hug me.

But they are all virtual kitty cat hugs for now because I don’t want you to feel the pleats in my pants...

56BISON73
05-04-2021, 04:47 PM

Teams will look at years of playing time left. More years would be a plus.

G_Funky
05-04-2021, 04:51 PM
Derek McGinnis. Don't remember anyone questioning his work ethic. Think he did quite well after transferring.

I dont understand why the general census when a kid transfers is that he has a poor work ethic and doesn't want to compete.

If a kid recognizes that he may not be good enough to play at this level, then why should he be obligated to "stick it out"? He should just hang around, use up scholly money, and be content with being a permanent backup? Thats total nonsense.

At the end of the day these kids signed up to play college football to actually compete and participate in the game.

56BISON73
05-04-2021, 04:53 PM
I dont understand why the general census when a kid transfers is that he has a poor work ethic and doesn't want to compete.

If a kid recognizes that he may not be good enough to play at this level, then why should he be obligated to "stick it out"? He should just hang around, use up scholly money, and be content with being a permanent backup? Thats total nonsense.

At the end of the day these kids signed up to play college football to actually compete and participate in the game.

Bingo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

23Bison
05-04-2021, 04:56 PM

I don’t believe the situations are the same. Followed a future 2nd overall pick and a freshman that would go on to be the winningest QB in FCS history. Logan is behind a freshman that struggled this year when in and probably behind an unknown monster in QPII.

tony
05-04-2021, 04:57 PM
This is the best possible season to get knocked out of the playoffs.

Only 123 days until the next game.

23Bison
05-04-2021, 04:57 PM
Teams will look at years of playing time left. More years would be a plus.

I can agree with that.

Professor Chaos
05-04-2021, 05:17 PM

Yeah, and I feel like they were fairly fortunate on the injury front this spring as well. I heard there was some concern about Grey Zabel being ready for fall but seems like Kobe Johnson, Kaczor, Rock, Tutsie are all either minor or they were close to returning. Seth Wilson's injury absolutely sucks but is that the only other one that could potentially linger into fall??? I can't think of any others. Should get guys like Ogbu and Sproles back as well.

23Bison
05-04-2021, 05:26 PM
I just want everyone to get healthy. Put on a little muscle and develop a little nastiness.

GreenfieldBison
05-04-2021, 05:57 PM

Why would Gonella skip pro baseball?

Kevin
05-04-2021, 06:01 PM
Why would Gonella skip pro baseball?

To be the number one draft pick like Kyler Murray, obviously.

GreenfieldBison
05-04-2021, 06:03 PM

...but then, who's counting?

GreenfieldBison
05-04-2021, 06:05 PM
To be the number one draft pick like Kyler Murray, obviously.

Of course. What was I thinking?

tjamz
05-04-2021, 06:08 PM
Kevin is Q.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI should have said Sproles will not be entering the transfer portal. Leaving is too vague of a comment, but I'd put money on him not entering the portal based on the little direct/inside knowledge I have on this particular subject.

WeAreThePride
05-04-2021, 06:24 PM
Hey, at least we haven't seen that GSU Talon guy gargling the Bison's nuts in a while. That's a bright spot.

oldmantutters
05-04-2021, 06:25 PM
I should have said Sproles will not be entering the transfer portal. Leaving is too vague of a comment, but I'd put money on him not entering the portal based on the little direct/inside knowledge I have on this particular subject.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using TapatalkGlad to hear that, hope your info is correct. We definitely missed him on the field this year, though I'm not confident our offense would have been creative enough to fully utilize his skill set.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Bison 4 Life
05-04-2021, 06:27 PM
Jesus if this isn't the most "get off my lawn" thread ever.

totoinfl
05-04-2021, 07:36 PM

My nagging question is when will you enter the transfer portal...become a dedicated bunny fan.

El_Chapo
05-04-2021, 07:47 PM
My nagging question is when will you enter the transfer portal...become a dedicated bunny fan.

so you don't have an answer to the questions. duly noted.

HerdBot
05-04-2021, 07:59 PM
I’m your friend bro.

We’re all bros here.

And I can't stop saying bro, bro!
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e0/67/54/e06754f07c25fa06827cb8e293aa4386.jpg

totoinfl
05-04-2021, 08:07 PM
so you don't have an answer to the questions. duly noted.

Dude, I don't hang out with any of them bro...so I would only be adding hyperbole...which is pretty much counter productive, dude.

HerdBot
05-04-2021, 08:09 PM

I fully predict very few transfers except for the guys who aren't getting playing time. It seems to me you are just taking all the guys from warm weather climate (except Phoenix) and predicting they will transfer. I hope we don't get many Power 5 transfers unless they are 3 year players or positions that can quickly be learned. Give me a list of our top 10 most successful FBS transfers with 2 years or less? We've arguably had more success with D2 transfers

heffray
05-04-2021, 08:59 PM
Do we get Braydon Thomas for the Fall? He was a great transfer addition this year...

Twincitybizon
05-04-2021, 09:20 PM
Do we get Braydon Thomas for the Fall? He was a great transfer addition this year...

Agreed him and big ole 69 up front have both been solid. Tough players who really show heart. I remember the big guy huffing and puffing to track down a little bubble screen and it was about as excited as entz got the entire spring. Couldn't help but smile

mtoutfitter
05-04-2021, 09:30 PM
Dude, I don't hang out with any of them bro...so I would only be adding hyperbole...which is pretty much counter productive, dude.

Which....Hyperbole.....is pretty much his specialty.

HerdBot
05-04-2021, 11:09 PM

We pouched 1/2 of the starting D-line from Mankato off of a national championship runner up team. Both of those guys will be back since this year was a free year. The other guy was Michael Beutow who improved as the year went along too. Both were in the rotation. Thomas actually pushed Ogbu out of the rotation but after watching him play, I can see why. He can play. Transfers usually don't play much until late in the 2nd year but these guys were solid.

gavin2126
05-05-2021, 12:30 AM
I fully predict very few transfers except for the guys who aren't getting playing time. It seems to me you are just taking all the guys from warm weather climate (except Phoenix) and predicting they will transfer. I hope we don't get many Power 5 transfers unless they are 3 year players or positions that can quickly be learned. Give me a list of our top 10 most successful FBS transfers with 2 years or less? We've arguably had more success with D2 transfers

It seems like he's rooting for our good players to leave so he can scream "See! We should be FBS!!"

TAILG8R
05-05-2021, 01:31 AM
It seems like he's rooting for our good players to leave so he can scream "See! We should be FBS!!"

100% this.

CAS4127
05-05-2021, 02:58 AM
The next couple weeks should reveal/expose who we have coming back and who is leaving. We then focus on next fall and everyone will work their asses off.

EC8CH
05-05-2021, 03:04 AM
The next couple weeks should reveal/expose who we have coming back and who is leaving. We then focus on next fall and everyone will work their asses off.

Chill dude, no need to be so hostile bro. Just relax man.

TransAmBison
05-05-2021, 06:58 PM
Just got my season tickets/teammakers renewal today...and there was an increase. Weird time to raise prices, bro.

TransAmBison
05-05-2021, 07:04 PM
Just got my season tickets/teammakers renewal today...and there was an increase. Weird time to raise prices, bro.Maybe I'm mistaken...maybe it is the same as last years...but since I gave up my tickets I didn't pay close enough attention...now I'm starting to think it is the same price as last year and last year there was an increase.

Professor Chaos
05-05-2021, 07:08 PM
Just got my season tickets/teammakers renewal today...and there was an increase. Weird time to raise prices, bro.
Increase in ticket price or Team Maker dues? I haven't gotten the email yet so I don't see what the attached Team Maker dues are but looks like ticket price my endzone seats are the same as what they were supposed to be for the fall 2020 season.

Maybe I'm mistaken...maybe it is the same as last years...but since I gave up my tickets I didn't pay close enough attention...now I'm starting to think it is the same price as last year and last year there was an increase.
Even if they are the same I'd expect demand to continue to dwindle with no UND or SDSU on the home schedule this fall amongst all the other factors that will drive down demand.

TransAmBison
05-05-2021, 07:10 PM
Increase in ticket price or Team Maker dues? I haven't gotten the email yet so I don't see what the attached Team Maker dues are but looks like ticket price my endzone seats are the same as what they were supposed to be for the fall 2020 season.I think it was the teammaker price that went up...but as my previous message said, I think I messed that up...the increase came in 2020 and I just didn't pay that much attention when the fall got canceled. It was my bad, bro.

Professor Chaos
05-05-2021, 07:11 PM
I think it was the teammaker price that went up...but as my previous message said, I think I messed that up...the increase came in 2020 and I just didn't pay that much attention when the fall got canceled. It was my bad, bro.
No worries dude.

bstark28
05-07-2021, 01:57 PM
I think it was the teammaker price that went up...but as my previous message said, I think I messed that up...the increase came in 2020 and I just didn't pay that much attention when the fall got canceled. It was my bad, bro.

I got mine too....looks like they added an additional $50/seat in Teammaker fees for where I sit (sideline/green section).

TAILG8R
05-07-2021, 02:40 PM
I got mine too....looks like they added an additional $50/seat in Teammaker fees for where I sit (sideline/green section).

$50 more or now it's $50?

I know all seats went to a min $50 Teammaker fee a couple years ago.

El_Chapo
05-07-2021, 02:41 PM
yea the ol' fundraising scam, force a price on the seat and keep increasing, pat self on back. pathetic.

bstark28
05-07-2021, 02:50 PM
$50 more or now it's $50?

I know all seats went to a min $50 Teammaker fee a couple years ago.

An additional $50....went from $150/seat to $200/seat.

DORMIE
05-07-2021, 03:25 PM
Mine is the same as last year. Membership $1,650.00. Ticket $307.00
Plus $10 Processing fee. Location 2:M:11. $1,967.00.

TAILG8R
05-07-2021, 03:44 PM
An additional $50....went from $150/seat to $200/seat.

Thanks for the clarification. I haven't looked at my renewal yet. I should do that.

CAS4127
05-07-2021, 04:54 PM
Info please: I paid full TM dues and ticket costs last year. I opted in for Spring. Looks as though my TM and tickets fees are full amount? Do I not get some sort of credit?

scottietohottie
05-07-2021, 05:20 PM
Have you called anyone?

bstark28
05-07-2021, 05:34 PM
Info please: I paid full TM dues and ticket costs last year. I opted in for Spring. Looks as though my TM and tickets fees are full amount? Do I not get some sort of credit?

Not sure if this was the same for all, but Derrick (I believe it was him, but can't 100% recall as it was so long ago) called me last year and asked how I would like my credit handled (issue me a refund, be allocated as an additional TM donation, or applied to Fall 2021)...I chose to roll the excess into this Fall and I did notice the credit on my invoice. I'd certainly give them a call to see how yours was handled, as I'd assume those three options would've been available.

CAS4127
05-07-2021, 05:36 PM
Not sure if this was the same for all, but Derrick (I believe it was him, but can't 100% recall as it was so long ago) called me last year and asked how I would like my credit handled (issue me a refund, be allocated as an additional TM donation, or applied to Fall 2021)...I chose to roll the excess into this Fall and I did notice the credit on my invoice. I'd certainly give them a call to see how yours was handled, as I'd assume those three options would've been available.

Thanks—that rings a bell for me. I’ll check into it from this angle.

DORMIE
05-07-2021, 08:52 PM
When I was called last year, I just told them to donate it.
They did give me options, however.

1998braves64
05-07-2021, 11:42 PM
Thanks—that rings a bell for me. I’ll check into it from this angle.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThink if you opted in for spring your credit was some what limited if you got any at all if I remember my call with Derrick correctly. I had them put my session tickets towards next year. Had to put some to teamakers just to keep consecutive years part going. Don't remember how much of teammakers I did guess I'll find out when I actually go thru my mail.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

CAS4127
05-08-2021, 01:03 AM
Think if you opted in for spring your credit was some what limited if you got any at all if I remember my call with Derrick correctly. I had them put my session tickets towards next year. Had to put some to teamakers just to keep consecutive years part going. Don't remember how much of teammakers I did guess I'll find out when I actually go thru my mail.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Yep—I need to access my account to see what I did/refresh my memory.

Thanks to you and the others who chimes in to help.

El_Chapo
05-10-2021, 09:15 PM
Congrats to our six Stats Perform #FCS All-Americans!

Bison
Hunter Luepke, 1st team
Bison
Cordell Volson, 1st team
Bison
Garret Wegner, 1st team
Bison
Christian Watson, 1st team
Bison
James Kaczor, 2nd team
Bison
Ross Kennelly, 2nd team