Kevin
05-02-2021, 10:09 PM
1) we didn’t earn it.
2) we didn’t deserve it.
3) worst coaching I’ve ever seen.
4) ever.

heffray
05-02-2021, 10:11 PM
5) boneless wings seem to have no affect.

Kevin
Also we thought roehl rode trey hard because he was the goat.

Turns out his playbook only had 4 plays regardless of the situation.

And wtf was up with that turf???

ndsubison1
Roehls play calling was awful that last drive. Miller was bad today but he will get better. Liked the resilience 2nd half, lots of frosh/sophs playing.

Bisonator98
05-02-2021, 10:12 PM
Can't turn the ball over like that and expect to win.

Roehl needs to learn from this season, his play calling was shit most of time. Gotta put your players in better position to be successful.

Very young team that had a good shot at getting to the semi's even though they played like crap.

BiZon22
Roehls play calling was awful that last drive. Miller was bad today but he will get better. Liked the resilience 2nd half, lots of frosh/sophs playing.

I doubt he ever starts a game for NDSU again

WeAreThePride
Can Miller doesn’t fuck.

ndsubison1
05-02-2021, 10:13 PM

Want to place a wager?

EC8CH
05-02-2021, 10:13 PM
I concede. Roehl can't adjust. Kept running Cam. Just stoopid. Fucking adjust already.

Bison 4 Life
05-02-2021, 10:14 PM
about time this farce got done.

HerdBot
If you have a freshman QB, put him in a situation to succeed. This offense is garbage. T Roehls meat head mentality cost us the game. Ever hear of an outside run? How about pulling the guards?

tony
Can't go -3 in TOs and win.

Time to get healthy.

MAKBison
05-02-2021, 10:15 PM

Miller will not be the QB this fall.

HerdistheWord
I concede. Roehl can't adjust. Kept running Cam. Just stoopid. Fucking adjust already.

Yeah, this was just puzzling. You want to keep running QB draws with an injured QB when they haven’t worked all game?

EC8CH
Want to place a wager?

What's the handicap on patterson?

garbageman
05-02-2021, 10:16 PM

I’m sure if all you people complaining about Coach Roehl would call Entz with some ideas I’m sure he would maybe have you come in and have you show them

heffray
05-02-2021, 10:17 PM
Can Miller doesn’t fuck.

Not yet... not yet...

MontBison
05-02-2021, 10:17 PM
Throw one pass down the seam for 50 yds. Only one of the day. Open many times if you watch the replay. Kinda wild.

EC8CH
05-02-2021, 10:18 PM
I’m sure if all you people complaining about Coach Roehl would call Entz with some ideas I’m sure he would maybe have you come in and have you show them

I was Roehls biggest defender, but that was horrible. Kept running a bad injured QB running when power was working late. Stop getting cute with the read option and pound it at them.

EC8CH
05-02-2021, 10:19 PM
I'm gonna keep drinking these margaritas.

heffray
05-02-2021, 10:20 PM
I'm gonna keep drinking these margaritas.

Wastin away again in margaritaville...

BisManBison
First and foremost we need to develop some sort of competent passing game. Different scheme, different play calling, better execution, and better pass protection. Without at least a credible threat of passing, we’ll be an average team at best unless we are playing teams with undersized D-lines like EWU and the fucktards to the north.

NDSUBowler
I dont ever participate in the ‘fire x person’ game BV plays because there are often so many layers behind anything.

But

Fire Tyler Roehl.

DakotaOkie
05-02-2021, 10:21 PM
Someone needs to inform the OC that it is ok to hurry up just a bit when behind with 3 minutes to go. Just terrible offense coaching (coaching was offensive?).
Regardless, Entz needs to man up as head coach and reorganize his coaching staff with a termination of Roehl.

gavin2126
05-02-2021, 10:22 PM
We had a very young team out there today, 2nd and 3rd stringers all over the place. Lots of mistakes which is to be expected, but thought we showed a lot of grit and resiliency out there today too. They made one play with the long pass when they needed it and have to give them credit for a good throw and catch. Otherwise we're probably moving on.

EC8CH
05-02-2021, 10:23 PM
Wastin away again in margaritaville...

They didn't work during the game. I'm committed to making sure they work afterwards.

Bison 4 Life
05-02-2021, 10:24 PM
When our staff recruited a recent WR from in-state, they didn’t realize his dad and uncle both played football at NDSU (also their grandfather was at NDSU). Our staff struggles with attention to detail. I have little faith with this current staff. Pockets of extreme arrogance exist that I just can’t get over.

That’s my after game immediate reaction.

Can't argue with Hedberg, he's legit. Roehl needs to prove that he can do it without an NFL prospect. I'm iffy on Braun and Entz is not Klieman.

bisontown
05-02-2021, 10:25 PM
Someone needs to inform the OC that it is ok to hurry up just a bit when behind with 3 minutes to go. Just terrible offense coaching (coaching was offensive?).
Regardless, Entz needs to man up as head coach and reorganize his coaching staff with a termination of Roehl.
Two-minute drill at the end was perfect! Had the ball at the 15 with 30 sec left. What more could you ask for. A lot of bad today, but that wasn’t.

MAKBison
05-02-2021, 10:26 PM
When our staff recruited a recent WR from in-state, they didn’t realize his dad and uncle both played football at NDSU (also their grandfather was at NDSU). Our staff struggles with attention to detail. I have little faith with this current staff. Pockets of extreme arrogance exist that I just can’t get over.

Bingo and some could not understand why I was soooo pissed.

The team is young...true. so are the coaches and the later is what scares me

BisonPride72
05-02-2021, 10:28 PM
Knew getting the safety instead of recovering the block would bite us in the end.

Also on the last drive Watson not being able to break out of the tackle/fight for the extra yard to get the first was the story of the game/season.

semobison
05-02-2021, 10:28 PM
16 months ago we started 6 players who are now in the NFL against JMU. Never has an FCS team had to deal with losing players of that caliber. This spring was truly a rebuilding season for NDSU.
It has also pointed out some deficiencies in our coaching staff! Our offense had a very tough spring.

heffray
05-02-2021, 10:30 PM
When our staff recruited a recent WR from in-state, they didn’t realize his dad and uncle both played football at NDSU (also their grandfather was at NDSU). Our staff struggles with attention to detail. I don’t have extreme confidence with this current staff. Pockets of extreme arrogance exist that I just can’t get over.

@OldTakesExposed

And yes NDSU lost a shit load of talent due to C-19, opt outs and in-game injuries.

I mean... Bohl didn’t give a fuck who you were as long as you could ball... and that’s where this whole thing started.

I’m with you all on coaching needing to improve but I don’t think recognition of tradition is our problem...

DakotaOkie
05-02-2021, 10:31 PM
Two-minute drill at the end was perfect! Had the ball at the 15 with 30 sec left. What more could you ask for. A lot of bad today, but that wasn’t.
I will agree to disagree. 30 seconds left inside the 5 yard line is a better bet for a team the relies on the run. The clock was burning and the ball was not moving very far per play all day. Give yourself time to run more plays.
It is all moot now but there needs to be sense of urgency (not panic) that was not obvious at the end.

EC8CH
16 months ago we started 6 players who are now in the NFL against JMU. Never has an FCS team had to deal with losing players of that caliber. This spring was truly a rebuilding season for NDSU.
It has also pointed out some deficiencies in our coaching staff! Our offense had a very tough spring.

Not giving up hope on next fall but we need answers at QB and an OC that can adjust to what that answer ends up being.

NDSU2006
Where are the Roehl stans at? You still feel ok with the future? That was not a great team, and our offense accounted for a 2 point conversion and that's it. Imagine what Trey would have done with a real play caller.

Portlandbison
05-02-2021, 10:32 PM
Ndsu almost making the final four with this flawed team shows how bad the fcs is at football.

Big Bird
05-02-2021, 10:32 PM
1. Hopefully Patterson is ready for the fall. His running ability alone will be a huge addition.
2. The offensive line and Miller didn't play well enough to win this game.
3. Great job by the special teams.
4. Let's go Delaware, SHSU, or Southern Illinois!
5. The spring season sucked

Hammerhead
05-02-2021, 10:33 PM
I guess a trip to the quarterfinals isn’t bad for a rebuilding year. At least we have two more weeks to prepare for the fall season.

EC8CH
Dooks owning the fhawkers.

Snowgoose
We lost a of ton of talent to COVID. Then kept losing lineman and RBs to injuries. Coaches struggled but hard to tell how badly with all of the goofy things going on. Play calling was poor but When Easton started as a redshirt freshman our offense was extremely limited and Cam is no where near the athlete Easton was.

bison22
05-02-2021, 10:34 PM
At least it looks like UND will get boat raced...couldn't deal with that shit if they won today too.

EC8CH
05-02-2021, 10:34 PM
Where are the Roehl stans at? You still feel ok with the future? That was not a great team, and our offense accounted for a 2 point conversion and that's it. Imagine what Trey would have done with a real play caller.

I'm out. He needs to learn to adjust to his players abilities.

MAKBison
05-02-2021, 10:37 PM
Ndsu almost making the final four with this flawed team shows how bad the fcs is at football.

Crazy how bad we sucked this year and how far we went. Spring football...wolf!!!

MAKBison
05-02-2021, 10:38 PM
We lost a of ton of talent to COVID. Then kept losing lineman and RBs to injuries. Coaches struggled but hard to tell how badly with all of the goofy things going on. Play calling was poor but When Easton started as a redshirt freshman our offense was extremely limited and Cam is no where near the athlete Easton was.

Cam is in his own head...it shows even we he tries to run

bisontown
05-02-2021, 10:39 PM

This x1000!!! With how many deficiencies we showed this year. We are in the semifinals with any semblance of a passing game. What an absolute horse shit level of football.

NodakGreg
05-02-2021, 10:41 PM
1) we didn’t earn it.
2) we didn’t deserve it.
3) worst coaching I’ve ever seen.
4) ever.
Bingo. Well said, Tyler roehl needs to get off oc positiuon
Position. He has no creative brains...kill your qb, kill your qb...hes not Trey lance.

Snowgoose
05-02-2021, 10:43 PM

He plays like he is still in high school. He may get much better but he doesn’t seem as good as either sdsu or und freshman QB so thAt doesn’t bode well.

heffray
05-02-2021, 10:45 PM
He plays like he is still in high school. He may get much better but he doesn’t seem as good as either sdsu or und freshman QB so thAt doesn’t bode well.

Well he is a true freshman, ffs. He’s barely not still in high school...

EC8CH
05-02-2021, 10:45 PM
Bottom line of this season... We were not prepared for Lance to leave this early. Zeb was the shot but we missed. Coaching staff wasn't good enough to recover from that miss. Second shot is Patterson or Cole coming in as a true freshman... We'll see how that goes.

tcbison
05-02-2021, 10:47 PM
I was amazed that Hunter Luepke kept being taken out of the game when he was one of the bright spots. The worst was on the last drive it was 3rd down and 2 and I was thinking run Luepke twice and get the first down instead the was a terrible QB run that lost 4 and a poor pass play.

ByeSonBusiness
05-02-2021, 10:47 PM
When our staff recruited a recent WR from in-state, they didn’t realize his dad and uncle both played football at NDSU (also their grandfather was at NDSU). Our staff struggles with attention to detail. I don’t have extreme confidence with this current staff. Pockets of extreme arrogance exist that I just can’t get over.

@OldTakesExposed

And yes NDSU lost a shit load of talent due to C-19, opt outs and in-game injuries.

Wait....lol NDSU didn't know Belquist was a legacy? Fucking embarrassing.

Hammerhead
05-02-2021, 10:48 PM
After the SIU loss, how many of you thought we would even be in the playoffs?

heffray
05-02-2021, 10:48 PM
Bottom line of this season... We were not prepared for Lance to leave this early. Zeb was the shot but we missed. Coaching staff wasn't good enough to recover from that miss. Second shot is Patterson or Cole coming in as a true freshman... We'll see how that goes.

Not giving up on Miller yet. I think he’ll be a factor in the fall battle...

NodakGreg
05-02-2021, 10:49 PM
Can't turn the ball over like that and expect to win.

Roehl needs to learn from this season, his play calling was shit most of time. Gotta put your players in better position to be successful.

Very young team that had a good shot at getting to the semi's even though they played like crap.
Well said. Cant say anything else.

heffray
05-02-2021, 10:49 PM
I was amazed that Hunter Luepke kept being taken out of the game when he was one of the bright spots. The worst was on the last drive it was 3rd down and 2 and I was thinking run Luepke twice and get the first down instead the was a terrible QB run that lost 4 and a poor pass play.

Correct. Of the many examples of attractions play-calling, those last 3 plays were the absolute worst.

tony
05-02-2021, 10:50 PM
Special teams were awesome and I thought the defense played well. Heck, NDSU's last two drives were great.... but I'm not sure what was up with the slip-n-slide out there. I was busy watching the game (and am too football stupid to really know what the problem was) but, cripes, were they getting tons of penetration...

NodakGreg
05-02-2021, 10:51 PM
Making your qb run into a wall and get pounded is not your friend to put u in a place to b successful. OMG! CAM IS NOT EASTON, NOT TREY, NOT CARSON!

heffray
05-02-2021, 10:51 PM
After the SIU loss, how many of you thought we would even be in the playoffs?

I had my doubts, I’ll admit. The doubts persisted up to the EWU game and this game...

EC8CH
05-02-2021, 10:53 PM
Making your qb run into a wall and get pounded is not your friend to put u in a place to b successful. OMG! CAM IS NOT EASTON, NOT TREY, NOT CARSON!

Read the personell. Cam pussyfooting in the backfield isn't what we needed.

Bisonwinagn
05-02-2021, 10:54 PM

He was awful running today needs to stop fucking dancing and go full speed.

BiZon22
05-02-2021, 10:54 PM
Seriously enough Cam talk. He will never be the starter barring an injury. I’m thankful for his effort this spring but he’s going to be a backup Qb at NDSU for the foreseeable future

EC8CH
05-02-2021, 10:56 PM
Seriously enough Cam talk. He will never be the starter barring an injury. I’m thankful for his effort this spring but he’s going to be a backup Qb at NDSU for the foreseeable future

Not his fault. Coaches need to read their players. Put them in positions to succeed.

That said, cam has a limited ceiling. Is what it is.

NDSU2006
05-02-2021, 10:56 PM
I'd be pretty confident we wouldn't see Cam again but then I remembered this staff rolling out Zeb for the season. I'm scared. Hopefully Payton or Patterson completely outplay Cam otherwise we're in for a long fall.

wagsabison
05-02-2021, 10:57 PM
I will agree to disagree. 30 seconds left inside the 5 yard line is a better bet for a team the relies on the run. The clock was burning and the ball was not moving very far per play all day. Give yourself time to run more plays.
It is all moot now but there needs to be sense of urgency (not panic) that was not obvious at the end.

The last pass the receiver was open... it was just a terrible throw. Players have to make plays sometimes and Cam didn’t when we needed him to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BiZon22
05-02-2021, 10:59 PM
Not his fault. Coaches need to read their players. Put them in positions to succeed.

That said, cam has a limited ceiling. Is what it is.

Not his fault at all. It’s not like I’m mad at him, those were the cards that were dealt. I think the gravity of the game didn’t help him either

EC8CH
05-02-2021, 11:01 PM
JMU plAyer broke his dick on a pick.

HerdBot
05-02-2021, 11:02 PM

This ^^^^^

scbison91
05-02-2021, 11:02 PM
I'd be pretty confident we wouldn't see Cam again but then I remembered this staff rolling out Zeb for the season. I'm scared. Hopefully Payton or Patterson completely outplay Cam otherwise we're in for a long fall.Cam is true freshman and will get better. Why do people think players are static.? Experience provides growth.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

tony
05-02-2021, 11:03 PM
Whoa, for those who think that Bison1660 sugarcoats things - former NDSU players do NOT play that game.

BTW, Courtney Eubanks is freaking awesome.

X-Factor
05-02-2021, 11:05 PM
I'd be pretty confident we wouldn't see Cam again but then I remembered this staff rolling out Zeb for the season. I'm scared. Hopefully Payton or Patterson completely outplay Cam otherwise we're in for a long fall.

Valid point. I have zero confidence that the current roster of coaches can actually figure out who would be the best starter.

DAS BISON
05-02-2021, 11:05 PM
Game should never been in Cams hands. Coaching staff needs a hard look at in off season

Kevin
05-02-2021, 11:06 PM
Cam runs like he’s still in high school. Those jukes probably worked then. And maybe would have been better on a field not made of ice (again, wtf?)

BiZon22
Whoa, for those who think that Bison1660 sugarcoats things - former NDSU players do NOT play that game.

What’d he say?

HerdBot

Same all season. Dance and go the wrong way. Indecisive. I'll give him a pass though since he's a freshman but if he's going to be a qb, he needs to hit the hole and be more decisive

Would help if meat head would actually run off tackle or cutback instead of into a wall when it was obvious they were crashing the middle

MAKBison
Cam is true freshman and will get better. Why do people think players are static.? Experience provides growth.

Sure they do, but QP will out compete him and after that its the lefty, but we will see

MAKBison
05-02-2021, 11:08 PM
What’d he say?

My guess.....little effort lack of excitement. Not putting in the work.

heffray
05-02-2021, 11:08 PM

I feel like someone has said this before, maybe in a different way...

...like that he fucks or something iunno, maybe that’s just me...

Alsen
05-02-2021, 11:10 PM
Challenge to any one out there who thinks Patterson can't throw the rock.

He has almost no college tape, but go watch his HS highlights......https://www.hudl.com/profile/4186366/Quincy-Patterson

https://247sports.com/Player/Quincy-Patterson-93325/high-school-178619/

https://247sports.com/Player/Quincy-Patterson-93325/

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/223015/quincy-patterson

Most highly recruited QB to ever play for NDSU.

First QB 4 star recruit as well if I'm not mistaken.

Even if Tyler isn't replaced by a real offensive coordinator, this man will change the offense from hideously pathetic to decent.

Our offense could not score even one TD against a defense that lost their best player early on and his replacement. I saw no plays to that area of the defense either. How stupid are we?

I hated the Rohl hire as OC. Bison should have hired an old veteran OC and had Tyler apprentice. It's not like Entz is some offensive genius. I like Tyler being here but he wasn't ready to be the guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x06R1Krb_6k

Even if Patterson just plays half as good as he did in the game against the Tar Heels he will win us games.

DAS BISON
He’s 18 year old freshman. Damn near still in HS. 265lb tight ends. 250lb fullback. 245lb tailback. Let’s get cute and not run power and put game in Cams hand on 2nd last drive on first down on 14 yard line. Horrible.

gavin2126
Cam struggled today no doubt, but I'm not jumping on the bandwagon that he's done as a starter. I'm not so sure the freshman version of Easton Stick would've been much better today with the supporting cast & coaching that Cam had. Maybe would've ran a little better, but our OL today is nothing like what ES got to run behind in any of his 4 years.

I do like the competition we will have for QB, whoever wins the job will have earned it.

DAS BISON
05-02-2021, 11:12 PM
Rohl needs go

tony
My guess.....little effort lack of excitement. Not putting in the work.

More like, there aren't any excuses... but Tre (I think) was not buying the play calling as being the downfall - it is guys not executing.

Bison4peat
JMU plAyer broke his dick on a pick.

Pick 6 all day. The dick sniper got him.lol

scbison91
05-02-2021, 11:13 PM
Sure they do, but QP will out compete him and after that its the lefty, but we will seePlus a lot competition in qb room in fall where only make things better. Tons of true freshman , rsfr and sophomore got meaningful reps this spring which help tremendously in fall. Looking forward to fall with all experience we gained with alot of young players.

EC8CH
05-02-2021, 11:14 PM
Cam struggled today no doubt, but I'm not jumping on the bandwagon that he's done as a starter. I'm not so sure the freshman version of Easton Stick would've been much better today with the supporting cast & coaching that Cam had. Maybe would've ran a little better, but our OL today is nothing like what ES got to run behind in any of his 4 years.

I do like the competition we will have for QB, whoever wins the job will have earned it.

Cams ceiling is below Easton's. Sorry but NDSU needs to aim higher at that position.

Kevin
05-02-2021, 11:15 PM
I’ll put money on it: Cole Payton is our starting QB and he’s a franchise kind of guy in the process.

Alsen
05-02-2021, 11:15 PM
Same all season. Dance and go the wrong way. Indecisive. I'll give him a pass though since he's a freshman but if he's going to be a qb, he needs to hit the hole and be more decisive

Would help if meat head would actually run off tackle or cutback instead of into a wall when it was obvious they were crashing the middle

They were going with their third string right DE and we didn't exploit that. Again, how stupid are our coaches? Seriously, that is real question; I'm not just trying to insult them, I'd like to know.

GreenfieldBison
05-02-2021, 11:16 PM
They didn't work during the game. I'm committed to making sure they work afterwards.

Like this?

https://youtu.be/gvYxHjB4cm4

Kevin
05-02-2021, 11:16 PM
UND has a better 2 minute offense than us.

Think about that, Roehl.

EC8CH
05-02-2021, 11:17 PM
Fhawkers throwing the kitchen sink

EC8CH
05-02-2021, 11:18 PM
Weah fucks.

MAKBison
05-02-2021, 11:18 PM
More like, there aren't any excuses... but Tre (I think) was not buying the play calling as being the downfall - it is guys not executing.

I am not so down on the xs and os. I have my supecions that the new young coaches are lacking on coaching the Jimmy's and Joe's if that makes any sense.

As I said after the sdsu loss these kids think they are national Champs, they are not. I don't see a team. I see individuals. I have a hunch if you asked this bunch what should be on the back of their jerseys they would say their last name.

Just my take....but what do I known.

gavin2126
05-02-2021, 11:19 PM
Cams ceiling is below Easton's. Sorry but NDSU needs to aim higher at that position.

I'm not saying Miller is or isn't going to wind up being as good as Stick, trying to point out that there is a lot of room for future improvement.

Alsen
I’ll put money on it: Cole Payton is our starting QB and he’s a franchise kind of guy in the process.

This may be be illegal, but ya I will take that bet, and I will go all in. Quincy Patterson starts in the fall if healthy.

EC8CH
Like this?

https://youtu.be/gvYxHjB4cm4

You could say I'm "back on the ice".

ByeSonBusiness
05-02-2021, 11:20 PM
Sure they do, but QP will out compete him and after that its the lefty, but we will see

Have you watched QP play? If you are counting on him to be a savior, I think you'll be disappointed.

EC8CH
05-02-2021, 11:21 PM
I'm not saying Miller is or isn't going to wind up being as good as Stick, trying to point out that there is a lot of room for future improvement.

I'm just saying even if he does improve, NDSU needs to aim higher.

Bison4peat
05-02-2021, 11:21 PM
UND has a better 2 minute offense than us.

Think about that, Roehl.

They have one and are capable of running it. This is far beyond our offense right now.

Kevin
05-02-2021, 11:25 PM
This may be be illegal, but ya I will take that bet, and I will go all in. Quincy Patterson starts in the fall if healthy.

Would you like to wager ethereum, dogecoin, safemoon or old fashioned Bitcoin?

MAKBison
05-02-2021, 11:26 PM
Have you watched QP play? If you are counting on him to be a savior, I think you'll be disappointed.

When this offense makes the defense defend the qb run it opens what we can do. Qp will give u that.

Kevin
05-02-2021, 11:26 PM
Losing to Sammy is still better than jmu. That would have been embarrassing.

marenlee
05-02-2021, 11:27 PM
Rooting for Sammy for the rest of the playoffs. I'm ok with them having one. JMU, UND, and SDSU can suck it.

semobison
05-02-2021, 11:33 PM

Not going to dump on our true frosh qb yet. Let us not forget Easton as a rs soph had a 3 game stretch where he threw 7 picks and looked awful throwing the football. We only lost one of those games but I remember thinking we needed a better passer at that position.

ByeSonBusiness
05-02-2021, 11:36 PM
When this offense makes the defense defend the qb run it opens what we can do. Qp will give u that.

He'll also give you a sub-50% completion percentage.

I hope we get better QB play next year no matter what, but it just seems a bit arrogant and misguided to assume he's gonna get NDSU back to normal.

04 Badger
05-02-2021, 11:37 PM
Two things hurt today.
Turnovers and inability of the offense.
3 points point scored by the offense.
the final drive the offense had no clue on how to react. Did the offense ever practice the 2 minute drill?

gavin2126
05-02-2021, 11:38 PM

Maybe, remains to be seen what Miller will be. But I still say a true frosh version of Stick (we didn't see him play until halfway through his redshirt frosh year) would have looked similar to what we saw today so it's a little early to be shitting on Cam and giving up on him going forward.

I hope the best man wins the job and plays to the level of expectation we have become accustomed to, whoever it is doesn't matter.

HerdBot
05-02-2021, 11:45 PM
I'm glad this season was put out of its misery. I feel like I did when my 16 year old dog died. She was sad and in pain and then gave me hope when she got better only to die. Sad it was over but happy she was no longer in pain

heffray
05-02-2021, 11:45 PM
Weah fucks.

Not against NDSU he didn’t...

Kevin
05-02-2021, 11:46 PM
Easton’s legs would have won that game. Even as a freshman. The guy was special.

And we’re spoiled.

heffray
05-02-2021, 11:46 PM
Not going to dump on our true frosh qb yet. Let us not forget Easton as a rs soph had a 3 game stretch where he threw 7 picks and looked awful throwing the football. We only lost one of those games but I remember thinking we needed a better passer at that position.

This is a really good point...

Herd
05-02-2021, 11:48 PM
Anyone remember Easton Stick as a Fr? Looked a lot like 7 throwing the ball, he just had more players around him. Pretty good season by Cam. Was a little lame in the 2nd half, which didn’t help.

23Bison
05-02-2021, 11:49 PM
The worst team that we have had in a long long time had all of the chances in the world to make it to the semifinals, even with 3 TOs!!! I’d say the future is bright and the FCS sucks.

Jim Puetz
05-02-2021, 11:51 PM
I'm seriously concerned with what the next couple of announcements could be regarding players entering the transfer portal because our offensive play calling is so bad. How are you going to talk Watson out of the transfer portal? The NFL doesn't give a shit about him running that shitty jet sweep. How many touchdowns would Watson have this year if SDSU's, UND's, or UNI's freshman QB's were throwing to him? What about Gindorf and Babicz? I don't want to say anything bad about Cam Miller because he is a freshman and could have really used a Spring Practice season, but how did he get 3 stars as a recruit when you compare him to some of the other freshman QBs in the Valley that had zero stars?

THEsocalledfan
05-02-2021, 11:51 PM
Thoughts:

1. Cam was terrible running.
2. Cam was terrible throwing.
3. We just learned why Zeb was starting.
4. Cam simply is not fast enough or a good enough thrower to stay a starter. He is no Easton. He can't throw like brock.
5. With all this said, o line was a mash unit and main reason we lost. Turnovers did not help either.
6. Cam has started his last game. He is a backup. No upside. He is Cole Davis.
7. TR has to get better as OC, but don't forget the line situation which was not his fault.

heffray
05-02-2021, 11:53 PM
The worst team that we have had in a long long time had all of the chances in the world to make it to the semifinals, even with 3 TOs!!! I’d say the future is bright and the FCS sucks.

I’m tired of “the FCS sucks” mantra. What does this have to do with anything? The competition is what it is no matter where we are. The outcome of this game had nothing to do with whether or not we should be FBS. Jac st beat an afBS team this year and they looked like garbage against Delaware. Top end FCS beats Lower-Middle FBS all day long and this year is no different.

HerdBot
05-02-2021, 11:55 PM
Anyone remember Easton Stick as a Fr? Looked a lot like 7 throwing the ball, he just had more players around him. Pretty good season by Cam. Was a little lame in the 2nd half, which didn’t help.

Easton was dynamic and a game changer with his legs. His passing was light years ahead of Cam. That's why he threw more TDs than picks and was arguably the best running back

Cam is a below average runner with mediocre play calling

Of course our coaches at the time knew how to build a gameplan around a freshman with limited reps. This coaching staff is clueless and can't put together 2 consecutive games

tony
05-02-2021, 11:57 PM
Man, so many opportunities (balls bouncing around waiting to get pounced on), that near safety, etc.

At some point, we'll start capitalizing on those.

HerdBot
05-02-2021, 11:59 PM
Man, so many opportunities (balls bouncing around waiting to get pounced on), that near safety, etc.

At some point, we'll start capitalizing on those.

Yeah but without special teams we lose by 30. They were the vastly superior team on both offense and defense.

ndsubison1
05-03-2021, 12:01 AM

There were times he should've just cut up field and get the yards. Offense was awful amd we still could've won. Problem was putting that last drive in Cams hands.

This whole spring covid season reminds me of a summer bball league. Wont get too upset about it, lots of experience and learning curves for coaching staff and young players. Time for Kramer and Hedberg to go to work and make us the clear cut #1 again.

gavin2126
05-03-2021, 12:02 AM
Easton was dynamic and a game changer with his legs. His passing was light years ahead of Cam. That's why he threw more TDs than picks and was arguably the best running back

Cam is a below average runner with mediocre play calling

Of course our coaches at the time knew how to build a gameplan around a freshman with limited reps. This coaching staff is clueless and can't put together 2 consecutive games

That's part of the point I was trying to make, he was put in much better positions to succeed. Along with ES having a much better supporting cast than Cam had today, especially on the OL.

gabisonfan
05-03-2021, 12:02 AM
This season was on the coaches. Lose your first games with a new Quarterback. Cam should have had his lumps early in the year. He wasn't ready at the end of the year. The time he spent most of the season thinking he wasn't good enough showed up the last two games. At his worst he was better than Zeb.

reformedUNDfan
05-03-2021, 12:06 AM
The offense has spent two seasons regressing, while the defense has hung in pretty well. Time for a change, and I hope the team is looking for a new offensive coordinator tomorrow. TR needs to find a new position to continue to develop

SafeTeeJ
05-03-2021, 12:08 AM

He will get better, no doubt.
Just not the athlete or arm anywhere near our last 4-5 QBs. Hopefully there is a plan in the wings.

23Bison
05-03-2021, 12:09 AM
I’m tired of “the FCS sucks” mantra. What does this have to do with anything? The competition is what it is no matter where we are. The outcome of this game had nothing to do with whether or not we should be FBS. Jac st beat an afBS team this year and they looked like garbage against Delaware. Top end FCS beats Lower-Middle FBS all day long and this year is no different.

Then don’t read it.

gavin2126
05-03-2021, 12:10 AM
Yeah but without special teams we lose by 30. They were the vastly superior team on both offense and defense.

I thought our defense played pretty well. They were put behind the 8 ball in the first half after the turnovers, SHSU only sustained 1 drive the whole game until they made a perfect throw on the long bomb to a well covered WR to set up their last TD.

HerdBot
05-03-2021, 12:16 AM
This season was on the coaches. Lose your first games with a new Quarterback. Cam should have had his lumps early in the year. He wasn't ready at the end of the year. The time he spent most of the season thinking he wasn't good enough showed up the last two games. At his worst he was better than Zeb.

I hate knocking an 18 year of freshman with dumb coaches calling plays but he is clearly not physically or mentally ready. Will he be next year? I'm not confident. I anticipate Quincy Patterson will be out QB next year. At the very least we could run him like Easton or Trey. Cam is only 6-1, 200 and not incredibly fast and doesn't have a huge arm

Quincy is 6-3, 240 and has a stronger arm and is faster He could outrun a North Carolina defense

semobison
05-03-2021, 12:18 AM
How many times does a team score td’s on a KO return and a punt return and loses the game? This could have been worse.

EC8CH
05-03-2021, 12:20 AM
Was this year's team better or worse than 2010? I'll hang up and listen.

HerdBot
05-03-2021, 12:21 AM
How many times does a team score td’s on a KO return and a punt return and loses the game? This could have been worse.

Probably the first time in history. That's why I think we are flat out a mediocre team.

CAS4127
05-03-2021, 12:32 AM

If you include 3 turnovers for that same team the math doesn’t seem off.

Kevin
05-03-2021, 12:34 AM
UND is imploding.

HerdBot
05-03-2021, 12:34 AM
Was this year's team better or worse than 2010? I'll hang up and listen.

Good question. 2010 improved as the season went along because the coaches figured out how to adjust to the lack of talent by inserting future stars into the lineup and moving player's around after that terrible UNI loss. They also had stars in the making. Billy. Marcus. Brock. Heagle. Leevon Perry. They also had an every down running back and a Matthew Gratzek who was starting to peak

Bison03
05-03-2021, 12:35 AM
UND loss will help. Maybe the Jacks will choke!!

El_Chapo
05-03-2021, 12:37 AM

this. Zeb gave us a better chance

HerdBot
05-03-2021, 12:39 AM
If you include 3 turnovers for that same team the math doesn’t seem off.

Good point, it kind of cancels it out

Kevin
05-03-2021, 12:41 AM
Watching und’s play selection makes me even angrier.

CAS4127
05-03-2021, 12:42 AM

The only reason Zeb would have given us a better chance to win would have been because Roehl couldn’t have called so many QB runs.

We would have seen other issues with Zeb at QB, given the play calling and complete lack of creativity/scheme from Roehl.

Did the announcers ever “accuse” us of setting up a a mismatch??

23Bison
05-03-2021, 12:43 AM

Zeb gave us next to no chance. PERIOD

reformedUNDfan
05-03-2021, 12:44 AM
He will get better, no doubt.
Just not the athlete or arm anywhere near our last 4-5 QBs. Hopefully there is a plan in the wings.

as other have said, I don't think he looks any different than Stick did as a RS freshman. He does look skitish, which from what I have hear within the program is a result of coaching.

CAS4127
05-03-2021, 12:47 AM
Watching und’s play selection makes me even angrier.

I like their overall offensive scheme over ours. They really give their QB and receivers great chances to just make plays. I like our running game better when we are running it effectively, but our passing game/scheme absolutely sucks, and it’s not the QB’s fault in general.

HerdBot
05-03-2021, 12:48 AM
The only reason Zeb would have given us a better chance to win would have been because Roehl couldn’t have called so many QB runs.

We would have seen other issues with Zeb at QB, given the play calling and complete lack of creativity/scheme from Roehl.

We would have had a better chance if we didn't throw 1 pass all day. Even on 3rd and 10. All season I cringed whenever we threw a forward pass

EC8CH
05-03-2021, 12:52 AM

We don't have much of a receiving threat out of the backfield is a part of that problem.

HerdBot
05-03-2021, 12:52 AM
UND is imploding.

At least they scored a TD. Heck they got 3 of them

Kevin
05-03-2021, 12:55 AM
At least they scored a TD. Heck they got 3 of them

Yep. We need their offense almost as bad as they need our defense.

CAS4127
05-03-2021, 12:56 AM
We don't have much of a receiving threat out of the backfield is a part of that problem.

Leupke is perfectly capable, and we don’t really know about any of the others cuz we don’t throw to them. Plus, if you’re correct, then put a TE in backfield in obviously passing plays and leak out like every other team seems to know is a great outlet, especially for a young QB.

Kevin
05-03-2021, 12:59 AM
Leupke is perfectly capable, and we don’t really know about any of the others cuz we don’t throw to them. Plus, if you’re correct, then put a TE in backfield in obviously passing plays and leak out like every other team seems to know is a great outlet, especially for a young QB.

This.

When luepke raised a lot of eyebrows last year it was in that kind of pass game.

EC8CH
05-03-2021, 12:59 AM

I don't think Luepke would have been much of a mismatch on their LBs... Maybe like you said a TE lined up as FB.

Luepke can catch but he's not a mismatch as a reciever.

Kevin
05-03-2021, 01:01 AM
Let’s go Lukis.

EC8CH
05-03-2021, 01:03 AM
Let’s go Lukis.

Is that who we're cheering for. I'm kinda hazy here.

Yeah I agree. Let's go ball lickers!

CAS4127
05-03-2021, 01:03 AM
I don't think Luepke would have been much of a mismatch on their LBs... Maybe like you said a TE lined up as FB.

Luepke can catch but he's not a mismatch.

Leaking a RB out on a pass play isn’t really about creating a mismatch as much as it is just having a check down and fairly high probability that the RB will have some space in front of them or at least a one on one matchup that RB can try to win.

MNLonghorn10
05-03-2021, 01:04 AM
I was over the loss almost instantly. Such a dumb season. See everyone again in like 60 days

EC8CH
05-03-2021, 01:05 AM
Boring?!?!?!?!

Do taxes with that man and tell me he's boring.

tony
05-03-2021, 01:05 AM

Luepke can catch but he's not a mismatch as a reciever.

Luepke is a great threat out of the backfield when he can lift his arm above his shoulder... so maybe this fall.

EC8CH
05-03-2021, 01:06 AM
Leaking a RB out on a pass play isn’t really about creating a mismatch as much as it is just having a check down and fairly high probability that the RB will have some space in front of them or at least a one on one matchup that RB can try to win.

Ok. Didn't even attempt it. Was worth a shot for a freshman QB who was struggling.

EC8CH
05-03-2021, 01:08 AM
BS that's a fumble.

123Gobison
05-03-2021, 01:13 AM
This is the end of the road for NDSU Dynasty.

Matt Entz is not going to give up Tyler Roehl. TR is Matt's guide post on NDSU football. Without TR , Matt Entz is lost. Unfortunately TR is the worst OC. TR is a very good RB/TE coach but he is never a OC material, he is not very intelligent. Randy Hedberg is frustrated because he is limited in what QB he can recruit. He cannot recruit a top end QB who can run and throw the ball because TR will get exposed if Randy Hedberg recruits another QB like Carson or Trey Lance.

This a domino effect and unfortunately this looks like the end of the road for NDSU Dynasty.

Snowgoose
05-03-2021, 01:17 AM
Ok. Didn't even attempt it. Was worth a shot for a freshman QB who was struggling.

We did leak out the RB quite a few times today but cam never looked way or threw it his way. I have been calling for it a lot but we did do it today. Problem was Cam never left his first read.

BiZon22
05-03-2021, 01:18 AM

Matt Entz is not going to give up Tyler Roehl. TR is Matt's guide post on NDSU football. Without TR , Matt Entz is lost. Unfortunately TR is the worst OC. TR is a very good RB/TE coach but he is never a OC material, he is not very intelligent. Randy Hedberg is frustrated because he is limited in what QB he can recruit. He cannot recruit a top end QB who can run and throw the ball because TR will get exposed if Randy Hedberg recruits another QB like Carson or Trey Lance.

This a domino effect and unfortunately this looks like the end of the road for NDSU Dynasty.

I’m gonna hold off on this until the fall. But I think it’s close to accurate sadly

scbison91
05-03-2021, 01:19 AM

This a domino effect and unfortunately this looks like the end of the road for NDSU Dynasty.Don't we have quincy Patterson who is 6'4 240 and can run and pass?

56BISON73
05-03-2021, 01:20 AM

Youre full of shit troll boy.

RonMexico
05-03-2021, 01:20 AM

He's got no zip on the ball....every ball looked like it was in slow motion.

EC8CH
05-03-2021, 01:22 AM

I'm taking this opportunity to agree with PL wholeheartedly.

56BISON73
05-03-2021, 01:23 AM

He was trying to finesse it instead of just zipping the ball as he did in the past. Wonder why.

RonMexico
05-03-2021, 01:23 AM

What happened to the wheel route...haven't seen one in two years...

gavin2126
05-03-2021, 01:25 AM
Don't we have quincy Patterson who is 6'4 240 and can run and pass?

He can run for sure, I don't think he can pass all that well. At least he's not very accurate from what I've seen.

CAS4127
05-03-2021, 01:27 AM
We did leak out the RB quite a few times today but cam never looked way or threw it his way. I have been calling for it a lot but we did do it today. Problem was Cam never left his first read.

Don’t confuse a quasi/attempted wheel route with leaking a RB out. We did the former several times, but not the same way we used to, for reasons I have zero clue on.

What I’m referring to is the RB releasing after he has either made a pass block, has determined it isn’t needed, or when he senses the ball hasn’t gone out in time.

There are swing passes that can be made to RBs as well, and we may have called one on the play where Miller got hit and it was almost a lateral.

Snowgoose
05-03-2021, 01:28 AM
I will wait to see what QP can do but his low completion percentage is a concern. SDSU QB and their young players look quite a bit better than ours right now.

Bison4peat
05-03-2021, 01:29 AM
He can run for sure, I don't think he can pass all that well. At least he's not very accurate from what I've seen.

I'm willing to take a look at a few game reps.

EC8CH
05-03-2021, 01:30 AM
I will wait to see what QP can do but his low completion percentage is a concern. SDSU QB and their young players look quite a bit better than ours right now.

We need a QB. Plenty of talent at other positions.

ByeSonBusiness
05-03-2021, 01:37 AM
Don't we have quincy Patterson who is 6'4 240 and can run and pass?

I've only watched him play once, against Notre Dame a couple years ago.

9/28 - 139 yards - 1TD/1 Int. Ran for like 70 yards or something.

Notre Dame only won that game 21-20. Pretty fair to wonder if quarterback play stopped the Hokies from snagging a W. To be fair, very few QBs light up the Irish anymore, but....tough day for him.

Snowgoose
05-03-2021, 01:37 AM
Don’t confuse a quasi/attempted wheel route with leaking a RB out. We did the former several times, but not the same way we used to, for reasons I have zero clue on.

What I’m referring to is the RB releasing after he has either made a pass block, has determined it isn’t needed, or when he senses the ball hasn’t gone out in time.

There are swing passes that can be made to RBs as well, and we may have called one on the play where Miller got hit and it was almost a lateral.

You are correct in that most were quasi wheel routs. I have never understood why we don’t use what SDSU used against and us and have the backs fake that route and then do the post. we have never had backs chip block and then release unless we ran the old center screen with DJ.

Prime Power
05-03-2021, 01:38 AM

I would love to, but I am not a meathead, so don't fit into Entz's meathead philosophy of not knowing shit other than being a former Bison player that is in the good ol boy group.

ByeSonBusiness
05-03-2021, 01:39 AM
I'm willing to take a look at a few game reps.

Half his pass attempts in college came in his game against Notre Dame. Start there I suppose.

GreenfieldBison
05-03-2021, 01:40 AM
Luepke is a great threat out of the backfield when he can lift his arm above his shoulder... so maybe this fall.

You think it’s that bad?

GreenfieldBison
05-03-2021, 01:41 AM

I believe I’m compelled to endorse this post at 100%.

CAS4127
05-03-2021, 01:55 AM
I feel like Entz has several promises he needs to make and keep in order to avoid some transfers of some very good offensive players.

I hope my gut is wrong.

sbark
05-03-2021, 01:55 AM

Yup....separation for qb to look at
Was in short supply today
Don't see much elements of the wco

MinotBison
05-03-2021, 01:57 AM
Watching the Jacks and Salukis. Both QB's looks pretty mobile. Play calling looks much different as well.

Kevin
05-03-2021, 02:02 AM
SDSU in playoff form lol

PlrbrBison
05-03-2021, 02:03 AM
I'm all in for SIU to win it all.

awBison
05-03-2021, 02:05 AM
This is on offensive coaching and play calling. Cam isn't that much worse than Stick was when he started, but the coaches called plays to help Stick along. Short easy passes along with some occasional misdirection. Cam isn't getting any of that and all any defense has to do to beat this team is put the entire team in the box every play. It's going to be a run right up middle damn nearly EVERY play. That works with some of the smallest and weakest defenses, but it is not going to win you a championship. Once in a great while they'll call a nearly impossible to make pass play in there. Sure, if we had a top level NFL QB those difficult pass plays might work, but Cam just doesn't have the speed, accuracy, and vision to get the ball where it needs to be on difficult throws like he is being asked to make. Some 5 yard quick easy passes designed to spread the defense out a bit would do wonders for this team. If we had some coaching to train the offense up on some short spread plays followed with good blocking, Cam would look like a whole lot better QB than he is looking like right now.

EC8CH
05-03-2021, 02:06 AM
SDSU in playoff form lol

Stig is in post tax season form.

unbison
05-03-2021, 02:06 AM

Qb play will get better mr Richardson please

EC8CH
05-03-2021, 02:09 AM
I feel like Entz has several promises he needs to make and keep in order to avoid some transfers of some very good offensive players.

I hope my gut is wrong.

Need to sure up that QB spot. Give confidence to all those players. Transfer portal adds more stress on the coaching staff for sure.

JMB
05-03-2021, 02:11 AM
This is on offensive coaching and play calling. Cam isn't that much worse than Stick was when he started, but the coaches called plays to help Stick along. Short easy passes along with some occasional misdirection. Cam isn't getting any of that and all any defense has to do to beat this team is put the entire defense in the box every play. It's going to be a run right up middle damn nearly EVERY play. That works with some of the smallest and weakest defenses, but it is not going to win you a championship. Once in a great while they'll call a nearly impossible to make pass play in there. Sure, if we had a top level NFL QB those difficult pass plays might work, but Cam just doesn't have the speed, accuracy, and vision to get the ball where it needs to be on difficult throws like he is being asked to make. Some 5 yard quick easy passes designed to spread the defense out a bit would do wonders for this team. If we had some coaching to train the offense up on some short spread plays followed with good blocking, Cam would look like a whole lot better QB than he is looking like right now.

To be fair, Easton had more talent and senior leadership around him. Some of those playoff wins when he was QB weren't pretty either. As a matter of fact, I think in one game the punter was MVP.

B.Schlossman Fan Club
05-03-2021, 02:11 AM
Dare I say it?!?!? UND’s offense looked better than ours...... maybe even the play calling. I don’t want to their offense with a Watson type WR.......

GreenfieldBison
05-03-2021, 02:13 AM
Dare I say it?!?!? UND’s offense looked better than ours...... maybe even the play calling. I don’t want to their offense with a Watson type WR.......

Yeah but Watson only catches the ball half of the time.

Fast ain’t that impressive if you’re not toting the luggage.

dewey
05-03-2021, 02:17 AM

What the hell happened to the wheel route that Morlock scored on almost every game that season or two?

No screens to the RB's like NDSU had in 2010 that McNorton killed everyone on.

Heck even a slant to Watson.

At the end when NDSU finally put in 2 TE's/FB's to lead block while collapsing down the line. That crap was working.

Stupid read option crap half of the time is maddening.

Dewey

CAS4127
05-03-2021, 02:17 AM
Need to sure up that QB spot. Give confidence to all those players. Transfer portal adds more stress on the coaching staff for sure.

The jury is still out on Miller for me. I was moreso referencing the guy who put him in some bad spots today and or who didn’t have much of a clue (or perhaps even plan B?) how to adjust game-plan. I didn’t see any halftime adjustments that could have been relatively simple to make IMO.

I knew SH was gonna try to and likely be successful at penetrating LOS. I can only assume Roehl did too, or at least should have considered it in his plan. If he did, I guess I missed that part of the game.

Hammerhead
05-03-2021, 02:19 AM
I was over the loss almost instantly. Such a dumb season. See everyone again in like 60 days

Fan day should be in about 100 days?

EC8CH
05-03-2021, 02:22 AM

Crazy that the next football season starts before basketball season.

CAS4127
05-03-2021, 02:25 AM
What the hell happened to the wheel route that Morlock scored on almost every game that season or two?

No screens to the RB's like NDSU had in 2010 that McNorton killed everyone on.

Heck even a slant to Watson.

At the end when NDSU finally put in 2 TE's/FB's to lead block while collapsing down the line. That crap was working.

Stupid read option crap half of the time is maddening.

Dewey

I’m not convinced the SH was using player assignment D on the Dline. It looked to me like they just wanted to disrupt running plays and were committed to trusting the speed of their LBs. I do, however, think we schemed for/thought they were doing the former, and, hence, the poor results of our read-option plays.

The wheel route can be very explosive and effective, provided you have accompanying/contemporaneous seam/middle of field threats. Additionally, it can’t be just a normal part of the passing game/various routes on any given play, or the D just expects it/sits on the possible route. I’m assuming there isn’t any need to elaborate on that further ....

CAS4127
05-03-2021, 02:29 AM

Unfortunately, I’m not sure that gives this group enough Kramer and other development time to be where we need to be for depth and a solid playoff run next Fall. We’ll see .... (too) soon enough.

I should add that there are locker room issues that need to be addressed and cleaned up too.

Snowgoose
05-03-2021, 02:33 AM
We all like to hammer roehl but if u go back and watch some plays Watson is open on slants including being wide open on the last play of the game. Sometimes players just don’t make plays.

B.Schlossman Fan Club
05-03-2021, 02:34 AM

NDSU knew he was a legacy but didn’t want to offer a scholarship so he took the money. His grandfather played BB at UND.

EC8CH
Unfortunately, I’m not sure that gives this group enough Kramer and other development time to be where we need to be for depth and a solid playoff run next Fall. We’ll see .... (too) soon enough.

I should add that there are locker room issues that need to be addressed and cleaned up too.

Wouldn't hurt to hit on the transfers at QB and RB to help out with this odd off season.

HerdBot

When he ran it looked like slow motion too.

EC8CH
05-03-2021, 02:35 AM
We all like to hammer roehl but if u go back and watch some plays Watson is open on slants including being wide open on the last play of the game. Sometimes players just don’t make plays.

Readoption... No excuse.

WhoRepsTheLurker
05-03-2021, 02:37 AM
Bison were in it at the end, on the road, against a good team, playing tons of youth and a depleted O-line. Cam looked off but he’s freshman on the road in his first playoff game making his second start. Fuck the trolls. JMU looked like shit and they still won. That says it all right there. Crazy season. Glad its over.

B.Schlossman Fan Club
05-03-2021, 02:38 AM
Game should never been in Cams hands. Coaching staff needs a hard look at in off season

Who could we replace Rohl with?

ndsubison1
05-03-2021, 02:39 AM

Since we are shitting on Miller for one game, QP went 9/28 vs Notre Dame in 2019. Im still hesitant to proclaim him starter. We will have an open competition that's for sure.

56BISON73
05-03-2021, 02:39 AM

:nod::nod::nod::nod:

B.Schlossman Fan Club
05-03-2021, 02:40 AM
Weah fucks.

And NDSU could have had him if we were looking for a project. This coaching staff could have done it just too arrogant......

EC8CH
05-03-2021, 02:42 AM
And NDSU could have had him if we were looking for a project. This coaching staff could have done it just too arrogant......

Definitely a miss.

EC8CH
05-03-2021, 02:43 AM
Since we are shitting on Miller for one game, QP went 9/28 vs Notre Dame in 2019. Im still hesitant to proclaim him starter. We will have an open competition that's for sure.

I just don't want to see NDSU's ceiling at QB limited to what I see with Cam... Is that so wrong based on our past 3-4 QBs? I think not.

HerdBot
05-03-2021, 02:48 AM

Easton at his worst ever was a hundred times better than today's crap.

Seriously Tyler Roehl is so bad all season. He was so shitty this year we apparently forgot things like the wheel route, 5 yard hitches, or bubble screens. Tight Ends did nothing. We never pulled our lineman. We just ran right up the middle into a wall they were crashing. No cutbacks. Just Total garbage. When they look at the year end film they are going to be embarrassed. This team would have been decent under Messingham. He wasn't a meat head

CAS4127
05-03-2021, 02:50 AM

To be fair, that “look” had a lot to do with how fast SH defenders actually were.

That said, It would be difficult to convince me that an off-tackle, perimeter run game wouldn’t have been effective, provided we did it out of a toss exchange and or just committed the QB with RB lead blockers to compliment TE motion to the called side, with TE side-shuffling once he reached the play-side tackle and picking up first threat. It’s in our playbook ... somewhere.

Bison4peat
05-03-2021, 02:50 AM
I just don't want to see NDSU's ceiling at QB limited to what I see with Cam... Is that so wrong based on our past 3-4 QBs? I think not.

Bohl found Josh Allen at a community college. Quit riding coat tails Entz. No excuses.

EC8CH
05-03-2021, 02:53 AM
Bohl found Josh Allen at a community college. Quit riding coat tails Entz. No excuses.

Exactly. Don't care where, don't care how, find the answer
Maybe it's QP, maybe it's Cole, maybe it's someone else, but find the answer.

ndsubison1
05-03-2021, 02:56 AM

Miller is mobile and a limited passer right now, but we've seen him have some zip on it. I didnt think he was that bad for a true frosh this season.

Son of a Bison
05-03-2021, 02:57 AM
Can anyone name a play in the playoffs where I went that was a great schemed play on offense?

CAS4127
05-03-2021, 02:58 AM
Miller is mobile and a limited passer right now, but we've seen him have some zip on it. I didnt think he was that bad for a true frosh this season.

Like I’ve mentioned, I’m not convinced Miller is that bad.

What I know for a fact tho, is something called Monmouth had a better offensive scheme and scored more offensive points against SH than we did.

THAT, my friend, Mr. Ming, concerns me.

CAS4127
05-03-2021, 03:00 AM
Can anyone name a play in the playoffs where I went that was a great schemed play on offense?

https://youtu.be/ppbhxukCd-4

EC8CH
05-03-2021, 03:02 AM

What I know for a fact tho, is something called Monmouth had a better offensive scheme and scored more offensive points against SH than we did.

Agree Cam wasn't that bad, and better than Zeb, but NDSU has proven they can do better, MUCH better at QB. Roehl also needs to adjust to the abilities of his players whatever that ends up being next fall.

dewey
05-03-2021, 03:03 AM

So we all have to hope that TR figures out a better scheme, right?

Dewey

EC8CH
05-03-2021, 03:04 AM

Zip.... Nah. Touch on some passes but not much zip.

ndsubison1
05-03-2021, 03:05 AM
Zip.... Nah. Touch on some passes but not much zip.

Today he didnt have any, but we saw it in previous games.

HerdBot
05-03-2021, 03:06 AM
To be fair, that “look” had a lot to do with how fast SH defenders actually were.

That said, It would be difficult to convince me that an off-tackle, perimeter run game wouldn’t have been effective, provided we did it out of a toss exchange and or just committed the QB with RB lead blockers to compliment TE motion to the called side, with TE side-shuffling once he reached the play-side tackle and picking up first threat. It’s in our playbook ... somewhere.

They were fast but in every game he looked slow because he hesitated. He would dance instead of hitting the hole. Run sideways. Not run physically.

EC8CH
05-03-2021, 03:12 AM
Today he didnt have any, but we saw it in previous games.

Sorry, haven't seen an out to the field yet that made me say... Daaaaaaamn.

CAS4127
05-03-2021, 03:20 AM
Sorry, haven't seen an out to the field yet that made me say... Daaaaaaamn.

It’s not easy to commit fully to a throw when your receiver has little or no separation, unless you just commit to the fact it’s a 50-50 ball. That’s just an “in general” statement. His interceptions had some poor quality to them for sure, but wasn’t like our receiver had major separation and was just sitting there/running wide open like we see with some of the other teams (UND?) playing today.

Kevin
05-03-2021, 03:21 AM
SIU just can’t put SDSU away.

Bison4peat
05-03-2021, 03:23 AM
SIU just can’t put SDSU away.

I hope they find a way, I dislike them the least out of what is left.

Kevin
05-03-2021, 03:25 AM
Nice qb run by SDSU. Did we recruit this kid?

EC8CH
05-03-2021, 03:27 AM

Those were the days my friend.

Bison4peat

I would take a trainload of him right now.

MinotBison
Jacks just took the lead.

Snowgoose

SDSU is pretty deep at qb as they have that freshman that started in 2019 against the gophers that is now a sophomore that was a good player.

tjbison
05-03-2021, 03:28 AM
Offense is horse shit, wtf is TR doing running this? Sad, truly sad

Son of a Bison
05-03-2021, 03:30 AM
F?? Maybe I missed something?

https://youtu.be/ppbhxukCd-4

DePereBisonFan
05-03-2021, 03:35 AM
I realize we've moved on a bit in this thread, but here are a few thoughts.
1. Cam Miller's first start should not have been in the playoffs. The coaches blew it by keeping in Zeb Noland as long as they did.
2. The FCS never should have cancelled the fall season. How stupid that was. I realize hindsight is 20-20, but Trey would still have been QB, Radunz would still have been on the O-Line, and Cam would have had a year to develop.
3. I think Cam will be ok from here on out. We need to get back to normal business.
4. I like Tyler Roehl. But he probably shouldn't be an offensive coordinator right now.
5. Christian Watson is really, really fast.
6. Those back to back return touchdowns were super exciting.
7. Getting a FG after a 20 play drive hurts.
8. Sam Houston #3 and #6 are good players.
9. Fun to have the game on ESPN. Enjoyed seeing everyone without masks on the sideline.
10. It's kind of a relief for spring football to be over.

Hammerhead
05-03-2021, 03:36 AM
Cam Miller looked like he had sunburned arms after the game.

Honeybooboo
05-03-2021, 03:38 AM
Coaching is terrible, we have the athletes but this staff needs to be brought down to earth.

awBison
05-03-2021, 03:40 AM
Easton at his worst ever was a hundred times better than today's crap.

Seriously Tyler Roehl is so bad all season. He was so shitty this year we apparently forgot things like the wheel route, 5 yard hitches, or bubble screens. Tight Ends did nothing. We never pulled our lineman. We just ran right up the middle into a wall they were crashing. No cutbacks. Just Total garbage. When they look at the year end film they are going to be embarrassed. This team would have been decent under Messingham. He wasn't a meat head

Easton wasn't all that much better than Cam when he played his first 5 or 10 games. Sure he was a lot better as a senior.
I'd say he was a little faster and stronger in the run game, but his throws were not much better. He did ok if it was a short
open receiver and he had no pressure. Unfortunately, the play calling didn't allow Cam to have many of those throws.
Easton had the benefit of a coaching staff that worked with his talent level and didn't try to make him throw it for 10+ yards
into tight windows. That is what they seem to be asking of Cam, and he just can't do it. Easton did improve and adapt pretty
quickly though. Cam really has some work to do with his reads and accuracy if he wants to be considered a good NDSU QB.

MinotBison
05-03-2021, 03:41 AM
Jacks puttin' it away now.

EC8CH
05-03-2021, 03:44 AM
Easton was much better his redshirt freshman year. Sorry, he just was. For one he could bust a long run to the house. Cam will never be as good a runner as Stick.

Honeybooboo
05-03-2021, 03:46 AM
I realize we've moved on a bit in this thread, but here are a few thoughts.
1. Cam Miller's first start should not have been in the playoffs. The coaches blew it by keeping in Zeb Noland as long as they did.
2. The FCS never should have cancelled the fall season. How stupid that was. I realize hindsight is 20-20, but Trey would still have been QB, Radunz would still have been on the O-Line, and Cam would have had a year to develop.
3. I think Cam will be ok from here on out. We need to get back to normal business.
4. I like Tyler Roehl. But he probably shouldn't be an offensive coordinator right now.
5. Christian Watson is really, really fast.
6. Those back to back return touchdowns were super exciting.
7. Getting a FG after a 20 play drive hurts.
8. Sam Houston #3 and #6 are good players.
9. Fun to have the game on ESPN. Enjoyed seeing everyone without masks on the sideline.
10. It's kind of a relief for spring football to be over.

#1. Yes sad the coaches were protecting our short depth should have just opted out
#2. Agreed
#3. Not without a decent OC
#4. Correct, in over his head, but where is the HC ect....
#5. Yes..so a competent OC should be able to utilize him
#6. They were but Special Teams should never be your fallback
#7. Yes
#8. Yes but NDSU has better
#9. Yes, but we have been on ESPN for 10 years straight, not a goalposts
#10. Absolutely

Learn, adjust, come back in August and show the world when it really matters

Kevin
05-03-2021, 04:04 AM
Bunnies survive.

Great effort by SIU.

EC8CH
05-03-2021, 04:06 AM
Bunnies survive.

Great effort by SIU.

Bunnies lucky. Could have easily gone the other way.

Kevin
05-03-2021, 04:07 AM
Bunnies lucky. Could have easily gone the other way.

Yeah SIU is going to be kicking themselves when they watch film. Very reminiscent of our loss to SDSU.

HerdBot
05-03-2021, 04:07 AM
Easton wasn't all that much better than Cam when he played his first 5 or 10 games. Sure he was a lot better as a senior.
I'd say he was a little faster and stronger in the run game, but his throws were not much better. He did ok if it was a short
open receiver and he had no pressure. Unfortunately, the play calling didn't allow Cam to have many of those throws.
Easton had the benefit of a coaching staff that worked with his talent level and didn't try to make him throw it for 10+ yards
into tight windows. That is what they seem to be asking of Cam, and he just can't do it. Easton did improve and adapt pretty
quickly though. Cam really has some work to do with his reads and accuracy if he wants to be considered a good NDSU level QB.

People legitimately wanted Easton to start over Carson in the Championship game. He was also undefeated as a starter and Wentz lost 2 games. He had the same talent as Carson.

Easton Stick wasn't "a little faster." He was one of the most dynamic running QB we've ever had. He outrushed Bruce Anderson as a freshman. I always thought this guy is quick AF and when e put up some of the quickest numbers in the last decade of the NFL combine it confirmed it. Not 200 dripping wet. Cam doesn't check any of the boxes. Below average height. Below average weight. He had an average arm. Average speed. Below average power. Average to below average running. Heck he only averaged 3.2 ypc for the season

Stick was great in the short passing game. It was the downfield game he wasn't great at until later

Quincy Patterson is the obvious choice next year

marenlee
05-03-2021, 04:15 AM
People legitimately wanted Easton to start over Carson in the Championship game. He was also undefeated as a starter and Wentz lost 2 games. He had the same talent as Carson.

Easton Stick wasn't "a little faster." He was one of the most dynamic running QB we've ever had. He outrushed Bruce Anderson as a freshman. I always thought this guy is quick AF and when e put up some of the quickest numbers in the last decade of the NFL combine it confirmed it. Not 200 dripping wet. Cam doesn't check any of the boxes. Below average height. Below average weight. He had an average arm. Average speed. Below average power. Average to below average running. Heck he only averaged 3.2 ypc

Stick was great in the short passing game. It was the downfield game he wasn't great at until later

I don't like shitting on Cam because he's a true Frosh, but he isn't close to Easton in speed and quickness. It seemed like Cam was running around in a wet marsh the whole game.

HerdBot
05-03-2021, 04:18 AM
I don't like shitting on Cam because he's a true Frosh, but he isn't close to Easton in speed and quickness. It seemed like Cam was running around in a wet marsh the whole game.

I'm not shitting on him by stating the obvious. He's not an NDSU caliber QB. We've had 3 straight NFL guys. He's not in their league and we can do much better.

marenlee
05-03-2021, 04:19 AM
I'm not shitting on him by stating the obvious. He's not an NDSU caliber QB. We've had 3 straight NFL guys. He's not in their league and we can do much better

Didn't mean to "shit" on you. I agree with you but was typing before I thought about it.

HerdBot
05-03-2021, 04:23 AM
Didn't mean to "shit" on you. I agree with you but was typing before I thought about it.

If he can develop elite arm strength, body strength, running ability or speed by Fall camp he could be great but not enough time

MNLonghorn10
05-03-2021, 04:24 AM
I'm not shitting on him by stating the obvious. He's not an NDSU caliber QB. We've had 3 straight NFL guys. He's not in their league and we can do much better.

I agree. He’d make a good NSIC qb. If it wasn’t for special teams that he had nothing to do with, ndsu is blown out.

If it wasn’t for ndsus running game last week, they get blown out. I mean he had like 12 completions in 2 games? Not gonna cut it.

Today’s airmail to end the game was all we needed to see

HerdBot
05-03-2021, 04:34 AM
I agree. He’d make a good NSIC qb. If it wasn’t for special teams that he had nothing to do with, ndsu is blown out.

If it wasn’t for ndsus running game last week, they get blown out. I mean he had like 12 completions in 2 games? Not gonna cut it.

Cam could be a D1 QB in a few years but we don't have enough time.

If Quincy Patterson isn't starting next year, we may not even make the playoffs

But hey he is older, more experienced, has been practicing with the team so he's really not that far behind him. But most importantly he's 6-3, 240 and fast enough to outrun an entire North Carolina defense. Just watching these highlights he would fit our offense like a glove. Cam physically cannot do what he can do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x06R1Krb_6k

EC8CH
05-03-2021, 04:34 AM

QB at NDSU is a tough gig... High standards. NDSU has 4 months to find a guy who can meet them. No shitting on anyone for their effort though.

Wally
05-03-2021, 04:39 AM
One thing that I can't get over with the offense, in particular is the usage of the RBs in the passing game. In the 9 spring games, running backs had 18 receptions for 81 yards, a paltry 2 completions for 9 yards/game.

It's absolutely mind bottling to me that there was not really an attempt to get the RBs involved over the course of the spring, especially with both QBs being limited in the pass game. Would it not be logical to have some higher % passing schemes/plays rather than 15 yard out to the opposite field

Like middle screens, the RB angle routes that both sam & sdsu gashed us with or may be the Morlock Wheel route??

The last drive, when we had the ball around the 50, I am thinking it would be genius to attempt the DJ Middle screen?

EC8CH
05-03-2021, 04:41 AM
Cam could be a D1 QB in a few years but we don't have enough time.

If Quincy Patterson isn't starting next year, we may not even make the playoffs

But hey he is older, more experienced, has been practicing with the team so he's really not that far behind him. But most importantly he's 6-3, 240 and fast enough to outrun an entire North Carolina defense. Just watching these highlights he would fit our offense like a glove. Cam physically cannot do what he can do
https://youtu.be/x06R1Krb_6k

Yes please. I hope Cole is the future, but give me some of that this fall please.

EC8CH
05-03-2021, 04:49 AM
One thing that I can't get over with the offense, in particular is the usage of the RBs in the passing game. In the 9 spring games, running backs had 18 receptions for 81 yards, a paltry 2 completions for 9 yards/game.

It's absolutely mind bottling to me that there was not really an attempt to get the RBs involved over the course of the spring, especially with both QBs being limited in the pass game. Would it not be logical to have some higher % passing schemes/plays rather than 15 yard out to the opposite field

Like middle screens, the RB angle routes that both sam & sdsu gashed us with or may be the Morlock Wheel route??

The last drive, when we had the ball around the 50, I am thinking it would be genius to attempt the DJ Middle screen?

Seth was great out of the backfield :(