Kevin
04-24-2021, 10:51 PM
Lets go down to Bower Stadium!!
Who's going?
Can they stop the run game?

I started a thread over there a week ago haha

http://www.katfans.com/katsforum/showthread.php?22712-NDSU-Sam-Houston-5-1

Shammy is going to be out for revenge.

For that time we beat them in the title game.

Or that time we beat them in another title game.

Or that time we embarrassed them in the playoffs.

Or that other time we embarrassed them in the playoffs.

Or for that time that Steve Walker went the length of the field in two plays and took their soul mortal kombat style.

Or for that time lakes refused to leave their forum.

Or for all the other times lakes refused to leave their forum.

Anyway the bearkat (wtf?) is mad bro.

El_Chapo
04-24-2021, 11:07 PM
Sam Houston fans are sooo pumped, they think this is NDSU Revenge, getting us in their stadium!!

Oh I hope our players are jacked up over this game!!

gabisonfan
04-24-2021, 11:42 PM
The Bison team that played the 2nd half will win the Championship! No doubt.

Kujava23
04-25-2021, 12:26 AM
LETS GO BISON!!! Kick the Bearcats ASS!!!

Sam Houston State has FOCUSED their defense to stop the run----this spring they have allowed 51.8 ypg before their playoff game today...LOL

I saw a front 7 that is focused on running up field....that won't be the case next Saturday/Sunday---guess we will see the fight in the "Bearcat"

Usually they are really finesse

GreenfieldBison
04-25-2021, 12:29 AM
Shammy is going to be out for revenge.

For that time we beat them in the title game.

Or that time we beat them in another title game.

Or that time we embarrassed them in the playoffs.

Or that other time we embarrassed them in the playoffs.

Or for that time that Steve Walker went the length of the field in two plays and took their soul mortal kombat style.

Or for that time lakes refused to leave their forum.

Or for all the other times lakes refused to leave their forum.

Anyway the bearkat (wtf?) is mad bro.

Is this a problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenfieldBison
04-25-2021, 12:30 AM
The Bison team that played the 2nd half will win the Championship! No doubt.

Yeah no shit. Who were those guys?

TAILG8R
04-25-2021, 12:32 AM
This is your purpose in the universe.

Can you imagine if Chapo was born into an alternate universe where the internet was never invented?????

Cliff Clavin maybe??

stevdock
04-25-2021, 12:42 AM
Lets go down to Bower Stadium!!
Who's going?
Can they stop the run game?

I started a thread over there a week ago haha

http://www.katfans.com/katsforum/showthread.php?22712-NDSU-Sam-Houston-5-1

Wait you were saying season is over last week?? Just like a lot of other bison fans that have apparently not seen this script the last 10 years

TAILG8R
04-25-2021, 12:44 AM
Wait you were saying season is over last week?? Just like a lot of other bison fans that have apparently not seen this script the last 10 years

He was also yelling to anyone that would listen about how he wanted Covid to end the Bison's season. In reality we all know he is the EXACT same as McFeely, he simply does/says whatever it takes to get attention. El ChFeely.

CaBisonFan
04-25-2021, 12:55 AM
The Bison team that played the 2nd half will win the Championship! No doubt........I agree.

El_Chapo
04-25-2021, 02:38 AM
Tickets on sale now. Roadwarrior get yours here
Section J is Visitors. or K works too

https://gobearkats.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3AATHLETICS%3AFB21SP% 3AFBPL02%3A&linkID=shsu-athletics&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=FB-PLAYOFFS&cgc=&dataAccId=359&locale=en_US&siteId=ev_shsu-athletics

roadwarrior
04-25-2021, 03:01 AM
Tickets on sale now. Roadwarrior get yours here
Section J is Visitors. or K works too

https://gobearkats.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3AATHLETICS%3AFB21SP% 3AFBPL02%3A&linkID=shsu-athletics&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=FB-PLAYOFFS&cgc=&dataAccId=359&locale=en_US&siteId=ev_shsu-athletics

Thanks! Ticket downloaded

MNLonghorn10
04-25-2021, 03:08 AM
Bad news...outside of the frisco games, traveling to Huntsville will break a steak of 28 straight playoff games played at the fargodome

This stupid ass spring season is breaking all sorts of streaks

EC8CH
04-25-2021, 03:09 AM

Pretty sure today's game actually turned around when the fan cam caught you in it's cross hairs. Kev's chicken nuggets didn't do shit.

EC8CH
04-25-2021, 03:09 AM
Bad news...outside of the frisco games, traveling to Huntsville will break a steak of 28 straight playoff games played at the fargodome

My god we are spoiled.

MNLonghorn10
04-25-2021, 03:10 AM

Enjoy a whataburger! Had one a few weeks ago in Florida.

Kevin
04-25-2021, 03:11 AM
Pretty sure today's game actually turned around when the fan cam caught you in it's cross hairs. Kev's chicken nuggets didn't do shit.

Fine. I won’t order them next week and we’ll find out.

El_Chapo
04-25-2021, 03:16 AM

Roadwarrior crushing an In n Out burger after a win at Sam next week sounds glorious!!!

we can get some fans down there cant we? Sam fans think NDSU will bring 1000

56BISON73
04-25-2021, 03:31 AM

I found some of there spicy katsup in my car the other day.

El_Chapo
04-25-2021, 04:01 AM
arent 2 of these 4 quarterfinals games on ESPN 2 ?
NDSU/SAM has to be one for sure
they dont want sdsu or und on. Delaware/Jacksonville St the other i bet

NDSU 2pm sunday ESPN just announced

EC8CH
04-25-2021, 04:02 AM
Sunday at 2 on the mothership!

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1386167612053262336?s=19

TAILG8R
04-25-2021, 04:04 AM

Holy crap 2 games on the deuce and NDSU on the Uno!!

Kevin
04-25-2021, 04:04 AM

Damn I was hoping for a late game.

TAILG8R
04-25-2021, 04:05 AM
Why are all the games on Sunday?

EDIT - Dom has to have that messed up and two are supposed to be on Sat right?

EC8CH
04-25-2021, 04:07 AM

Late schedule change apparently. Not sure why.

EC8CH
04-25-2021, 04:10 AM
Damn I was hoping for a late game.

Why? You wanted chicken nuggets for supper?

Kevin
04-25-2021, 04:11 AM
Why? You wanted chicken nuggets for supper?

Easier to watch with the kid in bed.

(And yes).

Hammerhead

Because that’s when ESPN wanted them.

El_Chapo
Saturday is Kentucky Derby & espn has nba games

Professor Chaos
04-25-2021, 04:14 AM

Those Sunday night games have been on the schedule since they announced the playoff field: https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-releases/2021/04/spring-football-takes-on-new-meaning-as-fcs-playoffs-set-for-espn-networks-in-april-may/

The ESPN spot the NDSU/Sam Houston game is in came out of nowhere though. Just those two Sunday night games on the deuce were supposed to be national games with the other two streaming only. ESPN loves us though! :)

TAILG8R
04-25-2021, 04:14 AM
Avoiding competing with the NFL Draft??

MNLonghorn10
04-25-2021, 04:37 AM
Avoiding competing with the NFL Draft??

Oh yeah...that thing

gavin2126
04-25-2021, 04:45 AM

I actually like this. Win two more games and give a middle finger to the "they always play in the Fargodome!" crowd.

Professor Chaos
04-25-2021, 04:48 AM
Should be a lot of current and former Bison on ESPN over the course of the next week.

https://media.giphy.com/media/gOkawaguYNiSI/giphy.gif

El_Chapo
04-25-2021, 05:00 AM
I actually like this. Win two more games and give a middle finger to the "they always play in the Fargodome!" crowd.

ooooh i like that angle

tickets here. wheres the texas fans at?

https://t.co/BHUaBpYLrM?amp=1

sage
04-25-2021, 01:32 PM
So, I went and watched and did some research on SH not overly nervous about this team. Their D/O line doesn't look to big but seem to be fast off the ball. I beleive they are a sack happening team thou.

So, for you people that really know talent, how do we matchup against this team? What strengths/weaknesses do you see from both sides of the ball? I a fan and follower but I have no clue when it comes up to comparing teams.

EC8CH
04-25-2021, 01:50 PM
Should be a lot of current and former Bison on ESPN over the course of the next week.

https://media.giphy.com/media/gOkawaguYNiSI/giphy.gif

Pretty sure halftime of everything 1st round FCS game ran that Trey Lance draft segment. Hahaha was on everyone I was watching.

heffray
04-25-2021, 01:51 PM
If we can do what we did to EWU, we can do it to SamWho.

WeAreThePride
04-25-2021, 02:02 PM
If we can do what we did to EWU, we can do it to SamWho.

Defense just flipped a fuckin switch after that missed field goal. They were soft, arm tackling, no effort before. After that they were laying wood, penetrating, putting motherfuckers in the ground. I want THAT defense to show up, and we win against Soft Houston by 4 touchdowns.

EC8CH
04-25-2021, 02:07 PM
Defense just flipped a fuckin switch after that missed field goal. They were soft, arm tackling, no effort before. After that they were laying wood, penetrating, putting motherfuckers in the ground. I want THAT defense to show up, and we win against Soft Houston by 4 touchdowns.

I think it switched earlier when that freshman corner laid the wood on that bubble screen. Big hit for a true freshman.

heffray
04-25-2021, 02:10 PM
I think it switched earlier when that freshman corner laid the wood on that bubble screen. Big hit for a true freshman.

Courtney Eubanks. #18.

WeAreThePride
04-25-2021, 02:13 PM
Courtney Eubanks. #18.

Safe to say he fucks?

WeAreThePride
04-25-2021, 02:15 PM
Sam Houston eats boneless chicken wings.

TAILG8R
04-25-2021, 02:20 PM
Safe to say he fucks?Lololol

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

heffray
04-25-2021, 02:25 PM
Safe to say he fucks?

Oh he fucks. Has fucked, and will fuck.

23Bison
04-25-2021, 03:14 PM
Ohhh... That’s nasty

El_Chapo
04-25-2021, 03:54 PM
our DLine better feast next week: 1 Sam poster says this

*Originally Posted by*millenniumkat*

Primtetime...awesome...we get to show the whole sports world our OL lolol.

Does anyone really sit and look at the current situation of the OL and how Rogers has to continue to piece together this group due to injuries?

Here is the group that started the season when Kats put up 43, 71, 62 in first three games....

LT Eleseah Anderson
LG Prince Pines
C Colby Thomas
RG Jalen North
RT Moses Johnson

Here is what started the game yesterday...

LT Eleseah Anderson
LG Prince Pines
C Ethan Hagler
RG Colby Thomas
RT D'Ary Patton

Here is how the game ended yesterday...

LT Colby Thomas/ Moses Johnson (split time)
LG Prince Pines
C Ethan Hagler
RG Colby Thomas/ Walter Harris III (split time)
RT D'Ary Patton

Just an fyi, Patton is a true freshman that has played a lot this season because of injuries. Ethan Hagler was been moved to center and he has never played center until he got to SHSU. I hope Anderson's injury isnt bad where he can return next week or there is no telling what you will see along the OL . Moses Johnson missed several games until the UIW game. I am guessing Jalen North is out for the season. The starting right tackle from last year, Peyton Field, has been out all spring season with an injury.

TAILG8R
04-25-2021, 04:06 PM
our DLine better feast next week: 1 Sam poster says this

*Originally Posted by*millenniumkat*

Primtetime...awesome...we get to show the whole sports world our OL lolol.

Does anyone really sit and look at the current situation of the OL and how Rogers has to continue to piece together this group due to injuries?

Here is the group that started the season when Kats put up 43, 71, 62 in first three games....

LT Eleseah Anderson
LG Prince Pines
C Colby Thomas
RG Jalen North
RT Moses Johnson

Here is what started the game yesterday...

LT Eleseah Anderson
LG Prince Pines
C Ethan Hagler
RG Colby Thomas
RT D'Ary Patton

Here is how the game ended yesterday...

LT Colby Thomas/ Moses Johnson (split time)
LG Prince Pines
C Ethan Hagler
RG Colby Thomas/ Walter Harris III (split time)
RT D'Ary Patton

Just an fyi, Patton is a true freshman that has played a lot this season because of injuries. Ethan Hagler was been moved to center and he has never played center until he got to SHSU. I hope Anderson's injury isnt bad where he can return next week or there is no telling what you will see along the OL . Moses Johnson missed several games until the UIW game. I am guessing Jalen North is out for the season. The starting right tackle from last year, Peyton Field, has been out all spring season with an injury.Sounds like a setup for an excuse to me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

EC8CH
04-25-2021, 04:07 PM
This little beauty is on its way to Texas a few games earlier this year

https://www.thegreenhead.com/imgs/xl/star-wars-death-star-ii-fathead-wall-graphic-xl.jpg

Everyone loves the empire whether they admit it or not.

CyPanth
04-25-2021, 04:24 PM
How much do you think you will lose in terms of not having the playoff game at home? You definitely have a sweet home field advantage when games are played in the FargoDome. Other teams don't usually match is when they are the home team, but it definitely moves the "environment" needle from being so much in your favor.

THEsocalledfan
04-25-2021, 04:25 PM
This little beauty is on its way to Texas a few games earlier this year

https://www.thegreenhead.com/imgs/xl/star-wars-death-star-ii-fathead-wall-graphic-xl.jpg

Everyone loves the empire whether they admit it or not.

Now witness the firepower of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL battle station!

EC8CH
04-25-2021, 04:27 PM
How much do you think you will lose in terms of not having the playoff game at home? You definitely have a sweet home field advantage when games are played in the FargoDome. Other teams don't usually match is when they are the home team, but it definitely moves the "environment" needle from being so much in your favor.

This year... Maybe 3 points. Without full capacity it's the same as almost all other home field advantages. Typical full capacity years, 7-14 points. The dome has definitely piled on the points over the years and likely pushed the Bison over the top in a couple of really close games.

WeAreThePride
04-25-2021, 04:37 PM

The Bison have a better playoff win percentage in Texas than they do in Fargo.

Just sayin.

tony
04-25-2021, 04:50 PM
They dropped the State... just Sam Houston now.

Hammerhead
04-25-2021, 04:56 PM

The Bison may have lost more regular season games at home in the last decade.

El_Chapo
04-25-2021, 05:13 PM
They dropped the State... just Sam Houston now.

ohhhh did NOT know that

when's the last time NDSU lost in Texas? 2009 Sam Houston?

wagsabison
04-25-2021, 06:28 PM

Time to do things a little different this year!

SoCalBison
04-25-2021, 06:37 PM
Pumped for next week. Love watching football on Sunday afternoons, especially at noon (Cali time).

Professor Chaos
04-25-2021, 06:38 PM
So far this spring the Bearkat run defense is allowing a miniscule 1.78 yards per carry and 58.9 rush yards per game. I'm sure they haven't seen a run game yet like NDSU is bringing down there but this defense looks to be much more formidable than past Sam teams that NDSU has stomped in the playoffs have been. Their run defense at least.... they're still allowing 305+ passing yards per game so it'll be interesting to see what the Bison offensive game plan is and whether they let Cam sling it around a bit???

OrygunBison
04-25-2021, 07:22 PM
So far this spring the Bearkat run defense is allowing a miniscule 1.78 yards per carry and 58.9 rush yards per game. I'm sure they haven't seen a run game yet like NDSU is bringing down there but this defense looks to be much more formidable than past Sam teams that NDSU has stomped in the playoffs have been. Their run defense at least.... they're still allowing 305+ passing yards per game so it'll be interesting to see what the Bison offensive game plan is and whether they let Cam sling it around a bit???

Chapo to suggest Zeb to start in 5...4...3...2...1...

MNLonghorn10
04-25-2021, 07:52 PM
Shall Sam Houston stop the 3 headed monster rushing attack and force ndsu to pass- they likely win. I have no shame in hoping the bearkats go on to win the whole damn thing then

tony
04-25-2021, 09:01 PM
Shall Sam Houston stop the 3 headed monster rushing attack and force ndsu to pass- they likely win. I have no shame in hoping the bearkats go on to win the whole damn thing then

Well, Jalen limped off the field and Hunter looked like he hurt his shoulder stretching for the TD... so two of the heads are a bit gimpy.

BisonHorns
04-25-2021, 09:15 PM
I watched some of SHSU yesterday. I don't want to be rude but 3-0 Monmouth is about all they can handle. When our boys push on them all day they are going to break just like EWU. Sorry, to any Bearkat fans reading this but if you are betting money you know you will pick NDSU too.

Kujava23
04-25-2021, 09:18 PM
I watched some of SHSU yesterday. I don't want to be rude but 3-0 Monmouth is about all they can handle. When our boys push on them all day they are going to break just like EWU. Sorry, to any Bearkat fans reading this but if you are betting money you know you will pick NDSU too.

I'll say what he wanted to but didn't....... Sam Houston State is a weak #2 seed. Bison should be confident rolling into Huntsville to play this game.

heffray
04-25-2021, 10:07 PM

From the little I watched of the Sam game I thought I saw Monmouth moving the ball pretty easily on the ground?

EC8CH
04-25-2021, 10:31 PM
I'll say what he wanted to but didn't....... Sam Houston State is a weak #2 seed. Bison should be confident rolling into Huntsville to play this game.

Never been overly impressed with Keeler's teams. Thought Sam Houston was more formidable under Fritz.

Kevin
04-25-2021, 10:37 PM
Never been overly impressed with Keeler's teams. Thought Sam Houston was more formidable under Fritz.

Same. They put up crazy numbers against extremely soft competition and the committee falls for it every damn year.

Then they get to the playoffs and....

Professor Chaos
04-25-2021, 10:40 PM
From the little I watched of the Sam game I thought I saw Monmouth moving the ball pretty easily on the ground?
They struggled on the ground.... 44 attempts for only 115 yards (2.6 per carry) but their QB also lost a lot of sack yardage. Take away the QB and they still only had 33 for 130 (about 4 per carry).

EC8CH
04-25-2021, 10:44 PM
They struggled on the ground.... 44 attempts for only 116 yards (2.6 per carry) but their QB also lost a lot of sack yardage. Take away the QB and they still only had 33 for 130 (about 4 per carry).

I watched first half and Monmouth Oline was getting schooled. I have no idea how they were able to come back in that game. I just caught the pick at the end.

CAS4127
04-25-2021, 10:46 PM
Interesting stat, on its face. I’d be interested in knowing whether they have played anyone this year who is a committed run-first offense. Also, given the the amount of points SH has been putting up, how committed to a run-game could opponents be? I don’t know the answer to my questions, but certainly some variables to consider.

Edit: part of my point is that NDSU is clearly committed to run-first offense. And I meant to quote Prof Chaos post about SH run D stats.

EC8CH
04-25-2021, 11:32 PM
http://youtu.be/5xBXrBfTZEg

Professor Chaos
04-25-2021, 11:36 PM
Interesting stat, on its face. I’d be interested in knowing whether they have played anyone this year who is a committed run-first offense. Also, given the the amount of points SH has been putting up, how committed to a run-game could opponents be? I don’t know the answer to my questions, but certainly some variables to consider.

Edit: part of my point is that NDSU is clearly committed to run-first offense. And I meant to quote Prof Chaos post about SH run D stats.

It's definitely questionable about whether their run defense is that good or is it just their opponents weren't that good. The only top 20 team in rush yards per game they played in the regular season was Nicholls who averaged 263 yards rushing this spring and Sam Houston's defense held them to 118 yards on 37 carries so even though it was a blowout Nicholls still ran the ball quite a bit. But it looks like they routinely held their opponents well under season averages. McNeese averaged 178 rush yards per game and SH held them to 37. Northwestern St averaged 168 rush yards per game and SH held them to 43. Incarnate Word averaged 175 rush yards per game and SH held them to 35. That's some pretty impressive stuff against multiple rushing attacks that put up some pretty decent numbers outside of their games against SH.

Although stats this spring can probably be even more misleading than normal since the only non-conference games the entire conference played that wasn't against a D2 or a transitioning D1 team was Southeastern Louisiana playing SIU and SIU racked up a whopping 424 yards rushing against them (180 yards per game over SLU's season average allowed and 230 yards over SIU's season averaged gained). There is very little defense played in that conference but Sam Houston's defense was head, shoulders, waist, and knees above anyone else in that league this spring.

EC8CH
04-25-2021, 11:40 PM
The Southlan_ Conference

RonMexico
04-25-2021, 11:44 PM
They struggled on the ground.... 44 attempts for only 115 yards (2.6 per carry) but their QB also lost a lot of sack yardage. Take away the QB and they still only had 33 for 130 (about 4 per carry).

yeah...the first half, which was all I watched, the Sam defense had something like 12 tackles for loss plus three sacks...

marenlee
04-25-2021, 11:49 PM
Chapo should be pumping up the fact that Sam Houston is joining the WAC. As we all know, the WAC will be an FBS conference soon. Pump it up!

SDbison
04-26-2021, 12:10 AM

I agree the Bison are a run first offense, but they sometimes need to keep a D honest by several well timed short passes and some occasional medium passes. Seems when teams are dedicated to stopping the run, and do well against the often unimaginative run plays, it can cause some brief Bison possessions. The solution is to pass to the TE and fullback more! Not just in the red zone. Those passes to wide receivers on the sideline near the line of scrimmage don't work very well. Hello Tyler?
Even the announcers for yesterdays game said the Bison needed to pass to open up the run....the opposite of the what is usually works.

CAS4127
04-26-2021, 12:17 AM
yeah...the first half, which was all I watched, the Sam defense had something like 12 tackles for loss plus three sacks...

Referencing this post and Chaos’ last one:

1. It’s guaranteed that we are going to find out how good SH’s run D is, cuz are gonna try to run the ball. I mean, we all likely know what our first O play will be, right?

2. From what little I was able to see of the SH/Monmouth game yesterday, it was still clear to me that there was a big difference in foot-speed in favor of SH D vs. Monmouth O.

3. Perhaps SH is fast and good enough in secondary to make opponents one-dimensional and stack the box against run—we’ll see. Think JMU v. NDSU in ‘16, or whatever year it was they beat us in semi’s.

Also, and random, it’s possible that, despite all of the crappy play we have seen at times by NDSU this Spring, that we are one Watson catch (drop) from being the #1 seed—assuming the balance of that last drive against SDSU led to a TD. Let that sink in. IOW, we are as good as anyone in the field.

heffray
04-26-2021, 12:19 AM
Referencing this post and Chaos’ last one:

1. It’s guaranteed that we are going to find out how good SH’s run D is, cuz are gonna try to run the ball. I mean, we all likely know what our first O play will be, right?

2. From what little I was able to see of the SH/Monmouth game yesterday, it was still clear to me that there was a big difference foot-speed in favor of SH D vs. Monmouth O.

3. Perhaps SH is fast and good enough in secondary to make opponents one-dimensional and stack the box against run—we’ll see. Think JMU v. NDSU in ‘16, or whatever year it was they beat us in semi’s.

Also, and random, it’s possible that, despite all of the crappy play we have seen at times by NDSU this Spring, that we are one Watson catch (drop) from being the #1 seed (assuming the balance of that last drive against SDSU led to a TD. Let that sink in. IOW, we are as good as anyone in the field.

Maybe not “as good” but capable of beating anyone, yeah I agree.

CAS4127
04-26-2021, 12:22 AM
Maybe not “as good” but capable of beating anyone, yeah I agree.

Fair enough ....

tjbison
04-26-2021, 12:27 AM
well..the kat fans board is already hoping for HEAT and HUMIDITY!! lol same story every year...just spring this time

EC8CH
04-26-2021, 12:29 AM
well..the kat fans board is already hoping for HEAT and HUMIDITY!! lol same story every year...just spring this time

It's the cowbells that would drive me nuts.

EC8CH
04-26-2021, 12:34 AM
we are one Watson catch (drop) from being the #1 seed—assuming the balance of that last drive against SDSU led to a TD. Let that sink in. IOW, we are as good as anyone in the field.

This right here. This year's team has lacked consistency but has the horses to compete against any team remaining. With Cam locked in as starter hopefully that stabilizes the offense, and let's hope we never see tackling as shitty as that SDSU game ever again.

BattleBorn
04-26-2021, 12:41 AM
This is good as it will supplement my Derby party.

CAS4127
04-26-2021, 12:43 AM
This right here. This year's team has lacked consistency but has the horses to compete against any team remaining. With Cam locked in as starter hopefully that stabilizes the offense, and let's hope we never see tackling as shitty as that SDSU game ever again.

With emphasis on “tackling”. We were “there” many times, but just lacked the desire (intensity CaBison??) IMO to win those/many one-on-one battles. Tackling really does, at times, come down to wanting it more.

Hammerhead
04-26-2021, 12:48 AM
I’m more confident in a Bison win at Sam Houston than I was before EWU.

EC8CH
04-26-2021, 12:49 AM
With emphasis on “tackling”. We were “there” many times, but just lacked the desire (intensity CaBison??) IMO to win those/many one-on-one battles. Tackling really does, at times, come down to wanting it more.

What was good to see, it was the young guys, #18 Eubanks and #31 Wisniewski who sparked the D with their want to on tackling yesterday. True Freshman stepping up and setting the tone. Both redshirt freshman Mostaert boys finishing off a slippery QB too.

heffray
04-26-2021, 12:52 AM
I’m more confident in a Bison win at Sam Houston than I was before EWU.

I feel similarly.

heffray
04-26-2021, 12:53 AM
What was good to see, it was the young guys, #18 Eubanks and #31 Wisniewski who sparked the D with their want to on tackling yesterday. True Freshman stepping up and setting the tone. Both redshirt freshman Mostaert boys finishing off a slippery QB too.

You know what they say about Eubanks.

EC8CH
04-26-2021, 12:54 AM
I feel similarly.

Nothing like a good ole fashion Bison a gap power beat down to juice up the old confidence.

BFKasper14
04-26-2021, 12:57 AM
Maybe the wrong thread for this but is it possible that we redshirt any of the true freshmen that are being playmakers this spring for the possibility of having them for “6” seasons (5 playing and one redshirting)? The way that these true freshmen have been playing has been awesome to watch. I don’t know if I would or not.

CAS4127
04-26-2021, 12:59 AM

That was great to see—all of it. You never know what may spark your teammates. I also thought the interception by Dom was huge, given our first drive after half stalled and it was only a 1 point game. Great play by the corner too, and it felt like Dom came out of nowhere—>instincts??

Get out of the way and let them play.

Also, and a footnote (and again, I’m bad with player names) but we have a couple of young LBs on kickoff coverage that really pass the eye test for me. Long, rangy and like to hit.

EC8CH
04-26-2021, 01:00 AM
Maybe the wrong thread for this but is it possible that we redshirt any of the true freshmen that are being playmakers this spring for the possibility of having them for “6” seasons (5 playing and one redshirting)? The way that these true freshmen have been playing has been awesome to watch. I don’t know if I would or not.

This spring is a free season. No eligibility is used for anyone.

Edit* I see now maybe you mean redshirt in the fall. Gonna be a lot of unusual choices for coaches to make after this odd season. Hopefully they find a way to make the best of it. It why they get paid the big bucks

EC8CH
04-26-2021, 01:03 AM
That was great to see—all of it. You never know what may spark your teammates. I also thought the interception by Dom was huge, given our first drive after half stalled and it was only a 1 point game. Great play by the corner too, and it felt like Dom came out of nowhere—>instincts??

Get out of the way and let them play.

Also, and a footnote (and again, I’m bad with player names) but we have a couple of young LBs on kickoff coverage that really pass the eye test for me. Long, rangy and like yo hit.

One might be Wisniewski. He looks long out there. Agree that kick coverage is the absolute best place to watch for up and coming players. Ever year it seems like at least one player emerges. At one time it was players like Emanuel and DeLuca.

CAS4127
04-26-2021, 01:06 AM
One might be Wisniewski. He looks long out there. Agree that kick coverage is the absolute best place to watch for up and coming players. Ever year it seems like at least one player emerges. At one time it was players like Emanuel and DeLuca.

The one that really pops for me is from Iowa I think.

TAILG8R
04-26-2021, 01:07 AM

I'm curious what others think but since Entz's presser after the game when he talked about getting out of the players way and how that led to pressure/sacks on the QB it seemed to me that around the same time our tackling dramatically improved. I wonder if there was more "Getting out of the way" than just the D line and that simplifying things helped with tackling. Players just playing hard and fast and not wondering if they should or shouldn't every time the squared up to take on a ball carrier.

EC8CH
04-26-2021, 01:11 AM
The one that really pops for me is from Iowa I think.

Nick Kubitz #36 is from Iowa and is 6'3” like Wisniewski.

CAS4127
04-26-2021, 01:15 AM
I'm curious what others think but since Entz's presser after the game when he talked about getting out of the players way and how that led to pressure/sacks on the QB it seemed to me that around the same time our tackling dramatically improved. I wonder if there was more "Getting out of the way" than just the D line and that simplifying things helped with tackling. Players just playing hard and fast and not wondering if they should or shouldn't every time the squared up to take on a ball carrier.

Letting the Dline T-off was huge for the entire defense. We played zone almost the entire game, and when a QB isn’t forced or hurried to throw, secondary ends up flat-footed/on their heals waiting. Hurried/distressed QB is limited to where he can go with ball and that, IMO = allowing secondary to react, trust what they see and play fast toward that. The shitload of zone-soft spots disappear a bit when QB can’t just sit in pocket and watch routes unfold.

CAS4127
04-26-2021, 01:16 AM
Nick Kubitz #36 is from Iowa and is 6'3” like Wisniewski.

Both are solid.

EC8CH
04-26-2021, 01:24 AM
Both are solid.

That is good to hear because depth at LB is always an issue it seems and I'd love to see some more length at that position like we used to. Cox and Kaczor are great but are really both tweeners. Would love to see some prototypical size at OLB in future classes. Like you said ranginess, cover and fill more space in coverage.

TAILG8R
04-26-2021, 01:27 AM
That is good to hear because depth at LB is always an issue it seems and I'd love to see some more length at that position like we used to. Cox and Kaczor are great but are really both tweeners. Would love to see some prototypical size at OLB in future classes.

It seems Cox has struggled a bit this season. Seems to get pushed aside on some tackle attempts and has missed a few angles while in the backfield.

EC8CH
04-26-2021, 01:30 AM
It seems Cox has struggled a bit this season. Seems to get pushed aside on some tackle attempts and has missed a few angles while in the backfield.

I think he does stand out as a hot or cold player. Makes some big plays but also some bonehead ones. No idea what exactly leads to that though.

tjbison
04-26-2021, 01:32 AM
I think he does stand out as a hot or cold player. Makes some big plays but also some bonehead ones. No idea what exactly leads to that though.The fact he isn't Jabril?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

EC8CH
04-26-2021, 01:34 AM
The fact he isn't Jabril?

Ha! Unreasonable comparisons is definitely part of it. His brother was an absolute eraser. Cleaned up so much out there with the ground he could cover.

mtoutfitter
04-26-2021, 01:35 AM
Both are solid.

So in other words they're..."CAS Like" Linebackers....:biggrin:

CAS4127
04-26-2021, 01:53 AM
The fact he isn't Jabril?

I think he would have more confident tackling mentality if he could put on another 10 pounds. He likely will before he is done, but with the short off-season we are gonna have, it may not happen before next fall.

From experience, and admittedly, when I first got on the field at 200, and was dealing with a RB or TE 10-30 pounds heavier, it wasn’t a fun experience at point of contact many times. Add a bit of nicks, bruises and soreness, and it was worse.

CAS4127
04-26-2021, 01:54 AM
So in other words they're..."CAS Like" Linebackers....:biggrin:

More potential and ability than I ever had.

El_Chapo
04-26-2021, 03:19 AM
https://collegefootballnews.com/2021/04/north-dakota-state-at-sam-houston-prediction-game-preview-fcs-playoffs

good prediction & analysis NDSU 23 20

Just run the ball, but i still wanna see more short passes.. i watched fhe NDSU Gopher game in metrodome last night.. id love for tyler to throw in that tape. so many TE in the flats on roll outs. Gindorff would be a beast with some steam!

56BISON73
04-26-2021, 03:42 AM

Because of the QBs style of play the coaching staff wanted to Contain his play so he couldnt do what he ended up doing. So they took the kids gloves off and turned the D loose to pressure him. Letting them pin their ears back in itself makes you play faster.

TAILG8R
04-26-2021, 03:45 AM
Because of the QBs style of play the coaching staff wanted to Contain his play so he couldnt do what he ended up doing. So they took the kids gloves off and turned the D loose to pressure him. Letting them pin their ears back in itself makes you play faster.

But do you think they only made changes with the line? It felt like tackling all over the field got better about that same time.

56BISON73
04-26-2021, 03:47 AM
But do you think they only made changes with the line? It felt like tackling all over the field got better about that same time.

If you change the D line schemes that changes every ones as well and they also did a lot of blitzing. CAS might have more insight on that.

CyPanth
04-26-2021, 03:50 AM
The Bison have a better playoff win percentage in Texas than they do in Fargo.

Just sayin.

Wow, there are some fascinating stats about you guys. I would have never guessed that one.

EC8CH
04-26-2021, 04:04 AM
Wow, there are some fascinating stats about you guys. I would have never guessed that one.

One loss in Fargo is all that prevents that percentage from being a draw at 100%

WeAreThePride
04-26-2021, 04:56 AM

Well you've never had reason to pay attention to deep playoff runs, so I don't blame ya.

EC8CH
04-26-2021, 05:03 AM
Well you've never had reason to pay attention to deep playoff runs, so I don't blame ya.

Come on now. Cypanth is a great guy, not his fault his team celebrates just being there in the playoffs.

EC8CH
04-26-2021, 05:19 AM
Bad news guys... This guy's wife thinks the Bison players are too slow to keep up with the Bearcats:

http://www.katfans.com/katsforum/showthread.php?22736-ROLL-CALL-Kats-vs-NDSU&p=406945&viewfull=1#post406945

WeAreThePride
04-26-2021, 05:31 AM
Bad news guys... This guy's wife thinks the Bison players are too slow to keep up with the Bearcats:

http://www.katfans.com/katsforum/showthread.php?22736-ROLL-CALL-Kats-vs-NDSU&p=406945&viewfull=1#post406945

Southern SPEEEEEEEEED!

Reminds me of those JSU Cock lovers.

marenlee
04-26-2021, 06:06 AM
Too hard to take their board seriously. They're propping up Monmouth's defense on how they're nationally ranked. Monmouth. MON-MOUTH. Big South juggernaut there. Their competition is in the bottom half of the FCS, middle at best.

56BISON73
04-26-2021, 06:09 AM
Southern SPEEEEEEEEED!

Reminds me of those JSU Cock lovers.

You would have thought they would have learned the last 3 times we played them.

1998braves64
04-26-2021, 11:22 AM
You would have thought they would have learned the last 3 times we played them.This time it's the expert, the guy's wife, not just random joe fan saying it! :hide:

(Sorry no offense to all women who enjoy football and may know more about it than I do)

Just think it's weird to state that your wife is your backup on this. Be a man stand up for your observations!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

MNLonghorn10
04-26-2021, 11:39 AM

I honestly don’t know which beat down brisco was apart of? Was it the 2 times SH came to Fargo and lost 100-20 or in 12 when they got skunked by 4 touchdowns?

They all blend in. I remember the name and the usual hype from SH fans that we’ve never seen their Nfl caliber WRs, heisman snuffed QB etc.

Edited: just looked. He was on the teams that came to Fargo. Funny after embarrassing him multiple times that he still won the Payton award... twice. Did he thank the southland conference for being so pud in his acceptance speech?

THEsocalledfan
04-26-2021, 01:36 PM
Kitty kat fans are all thumping their chest about their defense, yet they gave up 412 yards to Monmouth. Must be because 297 was passing...... With that said, I don't think they understand our QB can throw; we just didn't need to throw.

El_Chapo
04-26-2021, 02:54 PM
Kitty kat fans are all thumping their chest about their defense, yet they gave up 412 yards to Monmouth. Must be because 297 was passing...... With that said, I don't think they understand our QB can throw; we just didn't need to throw.

ah. thats yet to be seen, only once have we needed to pass to win a game & we didnt. (sdsu)

THEsocalledfan
04-26-2021, 03:07 PM
ah. thats yet to be seen, only once have we needed to pass to win a game & we didnt. (sdsu)

Not sure what game you watched.....his throwing was the only reason NDSU was in that game........

EC8CH
04-26-2021, 03:08 PM
Not sure what game you watched.....his throwing was the only reason NDSU was in that game........

He blames Watson's drops on Cam not having perfect placement.

Professor Chaos
04-26-2021, 03:09 PM
NDSU will need to pass (a lot of tests) on Friday/Saturday in order to win this game...

reformedUNDfan
04-26-2021, 03:12 PM
my hunch is that this is going to be something like 38-17 NDSU

THEsocalledfan
04-26-2021, 03:13 PM
NDSU will need to pass (a lot of tests) on Friday/Saturday in order to win this game...

You have to think most of those guys get vaccinated.....even 2 weeks out from a first shot and the likelihood of asymptomatic infection starts tanking.....

Bison 4 Life
04-26-2021, 03:14 PM

Jeez, we doing southern speed again?

WeAreThePride
04-26-2021, 03:25 PM
He blames Watson's drops on Cam not having perfect placement.

And credits all of Cam's passes to Watson.

EC8CH
04-26-2021, 03:28 PM
Jeez, we doing southern speed again?

Duh. NDSU is always slow... always.

Kevin
04-26-2021, 03:35 PM
And credits all of Cam's passes to Watson.

First time cam busts a long td run lakes will post about how great his cleats are on field turf or something.

ZHerd
04-26-2021, 05:43 PM
First time cam busts a long td run lakes will post about how great his cleats are on field turf or something.

So long as those cleats weren’t purchased in ND

WeAreThePride
04-26-2021, 05:46 PM
So long as those cleats weren’t purchased in ND

I'm sure Lakes was just hanging out at Chubbs with the official supplier of all Bison football players last night.

KC Bison
04-26-2021, 07:55 PM
Just curious which team is going to Texas this weekend. The team that played SDSU and the first 1/3 of the E. Wash. Or the team that played the suzies or the the 2/3 of the E. Wash game cuz they can't be the same team.

CaBisonFan
04-26-2021, 08:33 PM
Just curious which team is going to Texas this weekend. The team that played SDSU and the first 1/3 of the E. Wash. Or the team that played the suzies or the the 2/3 of the E. Wash game cuz they can't be the same team.I think that the Bison learned something in this last game. I predict that they'll be hard-nosed and intense... meaning they'll show up.

heffray
04-26-2021, 08:34 PM
I think that the Bison learned something in this last game. I predict that they'll be hard-nosed and intense... meaning they'll show up.

I hope you’re right.

Hammerhead
04-26-2021, 09:31 PM
I think that the Bison learned something in this last game. I predict that they'll be hard-nosed and intense... meaning they'll show up.

What are the chances that some of the younger players took on a leadership role for their first time and got the sidelines fired up? With so few upper classmen, maybe it took a few games for young guys to feel like they can be a leader. Or maybe the coaches just told them to quit thinking so much and tackle the guy with the ball.

Professor Chaos
04-26-2021, 10:12 PM
Sounds like it'll be close to if not a sellout* and I wouldn't think that would include any more than a few hundred Bison fans. Might actually be good for the team to play in a road game atmosphere again. Won't be like SDSU in the fall of 2019 but should be close to 7,000 opposing fans that'll be especially amped up given the stakes and their team's past history with NDSU... even an opposing team can feed off that energy.

*with 50% capacity

EC8CH
04-26-2021, 10:18 PM
Sounds like it'll be close to if not a sellout* and I wouldn't think that would include any more than a few hundred Bison fans. Might actually be good for the team to play in a road game atmosphere again. Won't be like SDSU in the fall of 2019 but should be close to 7,000 opposing fans that'll be especially amped up given the stakes and their team's past history with NDSU... even an opposing team can feed off that energy.

*with 50% capacity

Think of all those cowbells...... Yeesh!

WeAreThePride
04-26-2021, 10:35 PM

*with 50% capacity

The Bison feed off opposing crowds better than any team I've ever watched.

tjbison
04-26-2021, 10:39 PM

Cute...my god. I think last Saturday was the true coming out party, whole team settled in and unleashed the potential. I see a similar game Sunday for sure

OrygunBison
04-27-2021, 12:12 AM
Cute...my god. I think last Saturday was the true coming out party, whole team settled in and unleashed the potential. I see a similar game Sunday for sure

I just remember how elated everyone here was when the Bison curb stomped the Whioux. I'm definitely remaining skeptical for a bit.

CAS4127
04-27-2021, 12:17 AM
I just remember how elated everyone here was when the Bison curb stomped the Whioux. I'm definitely remaining skeptical for a bit.

This. Never as good, not as bad as emotional reactions one way or the other.

Rock
04-27-2021, 12:39 AM

Curious how it would have played out without the start/stop season.

NEBison
04-27-2021, 04:47 PM
NDSU -3. Man I want to put a hefty bet on that.

Bison 4 Life
04-28-2021, 01:11 PM
Curious how it would have played out without the start/stop season.

it definitely seemed to derail the momentum. Probably would have trucked SD and gotten the edge over SDSU. Young team so not surprising it contributed to a step back.

tony
04-28-2021, 01:27 PM
Sam Houston game notes: https://gobearkats.com/documents/2021/4/26/SHSU_FB_Notes_Spring21_Game8.pdf

They've got some beefy fellas on the left side of their OL (345 and 340)...

On the flip side, their leading tackler is a 5-9 LB who is, as you might expect, pretty quick. Their defensive line is all seniors (really liked what I saw of #55, Jahari Kay.)

TransAmBison
04-28-2021, 01:50 PM
I don't think we are going to be able to have 29 straight running plays this game...

SlickVic
04-28-2021, 01:57 PM
This. Never as good, not as bad as emotional reactions one way or the other.

CAS PA! i like it, bud! LETS GO BISON

MankatoBison
04-28-2021, 02:41 PM
but but but but but but..... we cant win.... they have.....s... suth........#....S......#suth...........#......... ......#souther..............#sOuThErNsPeEd!!!!!!11 1!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!!!!!!

How in the absolute F*CK are we supposed to handle this #ELITE , #BEARDOWN #SOUTHERNSPEED?!?!?!?

We are absolutely F*CKED. SHSU 90,000,000,000,000 NDSU 0

Lets just hope and PRAY that our players dont F*cking DIE in the game... its like lambs being led to a slaughter...... Our boys..... our precious, fragile, weak, frail, country-ass, know nothing, backwoods, banjo playing, squirrel eating, cousin marrying, slow-as-F*CK, boys.... dont stand a chance against this #SouthernSpeed.........

EC8CH
04-28-2021, 02:51 PM
Honest question, what happens when you combine southern speed with southern heat?

Southern Speat?

heffray
04-28-2021, 03:05 PM
Honest question, what happens when you combine southern speed with southern heat?

Southern Speat?

Southern Heed. As in, “heed mine words, oh northerners, thou hast not seen the speed or played in the heat like our team.”

HandoEX
04-28-2021, 03:52 PM
I’m pretty sure Sunday night’s game will be between the only two current FCS head coaches that have won an FCS National Championship. Kinda cool.

tony
04-28-2021, 04:14 PM
So, NDSU got just about 350 yards of offense from 3 players who come from the Tampa area -- their high schools are so close together that you could drive to all 3 in under an hour... and fullback Hunter Brozio is from just outside of Tampa.

cbline
04-28-2021, 04:16 PM
So, NDSU got just about 350 yards of offense from 3 players who come from the Tampa area -- their high schools are so close together that you could drive to all 3 in under an hour... and fullback Hunter Brozio is from just outside of Tampa.

So, you're saying there's a chance?!?!?!?

tony
04-28-2021, 04:24 PM
So, you're saying there's a chance?!?!?!?

I report the facts so you can draw your own conclusions... which, obviously, should be that these guys have never seen anything like late spring Texas heat (and, of course, that Spring itself is cruel hoax created by the Intelligentsia so that they can blame "allergies" on "pollen" instead of the real culprit, chemtrails that are actually neurotoxins designed to make men wear pastel-colored clothing.)

heffray
04-28-2021, 05:10 PM
I report the facts so you can draw your own conclusions... which, obviously, should be that these guys have never seen anything like late spring Texas heat (and, of course, that Spring itself is cruel hoax created by the Intelligentsia so that they can blame "allergies" on "pollen" instead of the real culprit, chemtrails that are actually neurotoxins designed to make men wear pastel-colored clothing.)

As long as they’re not wearing white before Labor Day.

cbline
04-28-2021, 06:23 PM

May God have mercy on the souls of the NDSU athletic department if the football team EVER has all-white uniforms.

runtheoption
04-28-2021, 07:09 PM

Before Memorial Day and after Labor Day. Do you even calendar?

heffray
04-28-2021, 09:42 PM
Before Memorial Day and after Labor Day. Do you even calendar?

Technically every day on a calendar can be before or after either of those, so my position is that this colloquialism is just a conspiracy against wearing white and I don’t support it.

BisonNeil
04-28-2021, 11:12 PM
I’m pretty sure Sunday night’s game will be between the only two current FCS head coaches that have won an FCS National Championship. Kinda cool.

There is no Sunday night game between natty winning coaches. Sorry, only games between also rans. There is one in the afternoon that fits that description however :D

Professor Chaos
04-28-2021, 11:33 PM
Beau Baldwin is back in the FCS head coaching ranks with Cal Poly... although I'm perfectly fine not recognizing Eastern Washington's title in 2010.

Jim Puetz
04-28-2021, 11:36 PM
Here's what we are going to do on Sunday in Hunstville, Texas: We're going inside of ‘em, we're going outside of ‘em -- inside of ‘em! outside of ‘em! -- and when we get them on the run once, we're going to keep ‘em on the run. And we're not going to pass unless their secondary comes up too close. But don't forget, men -- we're gonna get ‘em on the run, we're gonna go, go, go, go! -- and we aren't going to stop until we go over that goal line! And don't forget, men -- today is the day we're gonna win. They can't lick us -- and that's how it goes... The first platoon men -- go in there and fight, fight, fight, fight, fight! What do you say, men!

heffray
04-29-2021, 12:08 AM
Here's what we are going to do on Sunday in Hunstville, Texas: We're going inside of ‘em, we're going outside of ‘em -- inside of ‘em! outside of ‘em! -- and when we get them on the run once, we're going to keep ‘em on the run. And we're not going to pass unless their secondary comes up too close. But don't forget, men -- we're gonna get ‘em on the run, we're gonna go, go, go, go! -- and we aren't going to stop until we go over that goal line! And don't forget, men -- today is the day we're gonna win. They can't lick us -- and that's how it goes... The first platoon men -- go in there and fight, fight, fight, fight, fight! What do you say, men!

I also do not support Notre Dame quotes.

totoinfl
04-29-2021, 01:21 AM

And it is in the mid 90’s and blasted humid here for football season.

totoinfl
04-29-2021, 01:23 AM

I ran into Brozio’s Aunt and Uncle the night before the Bunny game in Lakeland.

WeAreThePride
04-29-2021, 01:25 AM

And eat boneless chicken wings.

CAS4127
04-29-2021, 01:46 AM

I won’t be looking for your second-hand clothing on Fakebook marketplace. Plus, they wouldn’t fit correctly anyway ....

B.Schlossman Fan Club
04-29-2021, 02:39 AM
NDSU -3. Man I want to put a hefty bet on that.

Easy money, it will be a shocker if SHSU keeps it within 2 scores..... NDSU will be able to run it down the throats of their next two opponents with little resistance, SDSU will be a different scenario

CAS4127
04-29-2021, 02:47 AM
Easy money, it will be a shocker if SHSU keeps it within 2 scores..... NDSU will be able to run it down the throats of their next two opponents with little resistance, SDSU will be a different scenario

Bet your complete savings and 401. You’ll be solid on retiring.

I won’t be doing that, but that’s my take.

B.Schlossman Fan Club
04-29-2021, 02:53 AM
Bet your complete savings and 401. You’ll be solid on retiring.

I won’t be doing that, but that’s my take.

SHSU has played nobody good and can’t handle the valley any other year. I have bet against the Bison before and have never won, also never lost betting on the Bison either. Easy money this weekend.

CAS4127
04-29-2021, 02:59 AM
SHSU has played nobody good and can’t handle the valley any other year. I have bet against the Bison before and have never won, also never lost betting on the Bison either. Easy money this weekend.

Then bet everything and post the confirmation.

southcliffbison
04-29-2021, 03:01 AM
I won’t be looking for your second-hand clothing on Fakebook marketplace. Plus, they wouldn’t fit correctly anyway ....

When I lost a bunch of weight, I gave the clothes I borrowed back to Barry Manilow.

WeAreThePride
04-29-2021, 11:15 AM

This. Soft Houston is their name until they prove otherwise. Beating Monmouth by 6 doesn't impress me.

Professor Chaos
04-29-2021, 11:53 AM
Last week there was so much pessimism about the EWU matchup it gave me confidence. This week there's so much optimism about the Sam Houston matchup it makes me nervous.

I think it's my inner Vikings fan coming out due to the Vikings-like inconsistency the Bison have shown this spring. I just get the feeling like Sam's defense, particularly against the run, is going to be a lot better than we're giving it credit for.

Uffda
04-29-2021, 12:30 PM
Game day weather:

AFTERNOON

79°
RealFeel® 81°
Thunderstorms

Wind
SSW at 10 mph
Wind Gusts
14 mph
Humidity
73%
Dew Point
68°
Probability of Precipitation
61%
Precipitation
0.30 in
Rain
0.30 in
Cloud Cover

Kevin
04-29-2021, 12:48 PM
This. Soft Houston is their name until they prove otherwise. Beating Monmouth by 6 doesn't impress me.

After watching that game I think sham Houston’s qb leaves the game with ptsd.

Kevin
04-29-2021, 12:49 PM
Game day weather:

AFTERNOON

79°
RealFeel® 81°
Thunderstorms

Wind
SSW at 10 mph
Wind Gusts
14 mph
Humidity
73%
Dew Point
68°
61%
Precipitation
0.30 in
Rain
0.30 in
Cloud Cover

A thunderstorm would favor the bison in more than one way.

And it would live shsu...... thunderstruck.

The_Sicatoka
04-29-2021, 01:05 PM
Then bet everything and post the confirmation.

Receipts or it never happened? :D

southcliffbison
04-29-2021, 01:46 PM
Game day weather:

AFTERNOON

79°
RealFeel® 81°
Thunderstorms

Wind
SSW at 10 mph
Wind Gusts
14 mph
Humidity
73%
Dew Point
68°
61%
Precipitation
0.30 in
Rain
0.30 in
Cloud Cover

At 73% humidity, both teams will be sweating their asses off...........stay hydrated.

Bison 4 Life
04-29-2021, 02:12 PM
At 73% humidity, both teams will be sweating their asses off...........stay hydrated.

I remember K State, I also remember a sneakily warm and humid day in Ames when the other team was gassed at the end too.

roadwarrior
04-29-2021, 02:50 PM

So will the fans.

CAS4127
04-30-2021, 02:01 PM
Anyway—back to the game.

SH runs a 3-3-5 D and sounds like they are very confident in their DBs to run man coverage. Gonna have to be able to throw the ball some me thinks.

Bison Dan
04-30-2021, 02:04 PM
Anyway—back to the game.

SH runs a 3-3-5 D and sounds like they are very confident in their DBs to run man coverage. Gonna have to be able to throw the ball some me thinks.

Yeah I hope our OC doesn't pull a Rocky Hager and not change things up some.

oldmantutters
04-30-2021, 02:06 PM
Anyway—back to the game.

Throw to open up the run again. I like it. We have too many playmakers on our team to bang our heads against the wall play after play.

CAS4127
04-30-2021, 02:12 PM
Yeah I hope our OC doesn't pull a Rocky Hager and not change things up some.

Well, to be fair, among other OCs over the past years as well.

I listened to SH’s HC the other day, and he seemed real confident, as did their play-by-play guy, that SH’s D was gonna match up really well with our O.

CAS4127
04-30-2021, 02:14 PM
Also, sounds like their QB is a legit 4.4 guy who was looked at by other programs as a possible WR, but SH got him because they told him if he showed them he could play QB, they were going to play him at QB.

heffray
04-30-2021, 02:20 PM
Also, sounds like their QB is a legit 4.4 guy who was looked at by other programs as a possible WR, but SH got him because they told him if he showed them he could play QB, they were going to play him at QB.

Sounds familiar...

southcliffbison
04-30-2021, 02:22 PM
[QUOTE=CAS4127;1496842]Also, sounds like their QB is a legit 4.4 guy who was looked at by other programs as a possible WR, but SH got him because they told him if he showed them he could play QB, they were going to play him at QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Sounds familiar, doesn't it ?

stevdock
04-30-2021, 02:42 PM
Anyway—back to the game.

How is their 3-3-5 this year compared to their 3-3-5 when we played them in the semi's or quarter's a few years ago? I know that 3-3-5 thought they were really good and it was trash at best against our offensive line.

EC8CH
04-30-2021, 02:48 PM
I listened to SH’s HC the other day, and he seemed real confident, as did their play-by-play guy, that SH’s D was gonna match up really well with our O.

Maybe, we'll see. From their Monmouth game they have some big athletic guys on their Dline (one DT was particularly impressive). Their linebackers looked fast and aggressive too chasing down a lot of runs to the perimiter.

Can they stop a power run game like NDSU's straight into their face though? People will accuse Roehl of being unimaginative as a play caller, but if it was me, that would be a key part of the gameplan to see if Sammy has finally cracked that nut. Three yards and a cloud of dust until they prove they finally have the stones to stop it.

EC8CH
04-30-2021, 02:53 PM
How is their 3-3-5 this year compared to their 3-3-5 when we played them in the semi's or quarter's a few years ago? I know that 3-3-5 thought they were really good and it was trash at best against our offensive line.

A lot of blitzes on early downs with man coverage. Boom or Bust defense if you ask me. In 3rd and long they'd rush four and sit back in coverage.

3-3-5 just never sounds like a good idea against NDSU to me.

EC8CH
04-30-2021, 03:25 PM
Anyway—back to the game.

Their DB's were panicking in man coverage and getting flagged for PI constantly against Monmouth. Didn't look like much for ball skills there.

Son of a Bison
04-30-2021, 03:26 PM
I think our tight ends make the difference in this game as both blockers and receivers. So versatile. They are much bigger than their LBs too. If their LBs blitz, hope our TE get behind them for some catches.

EC8CH
04-30-2021, 03:39 PM
I think our tight ends make the difference in this game as both blockers and receivers. So versatile. They are much bigger than their LBs too. If their LBs blitz, hope our TE get behind them for some catches.

Yes. Can their defense man up against NDSU's pulling lineman, TEs an Fullbacks and consistently take on those blockers? I wouldn't run sideline to sideline against this team before making them stop you up the middle. No reason to get cute right off the bat against this Sam Houston D. If they think they are bigger and badder than their past teams, give them the chance to prove it. I doubt they will.

CAS4127
04-30-2021, 03:55 PM
Yes. Can their defense man up against NDSU's pulling lineman, TEs an Fullbacks and consistently take on those blockers? I wouldn't run sideline to sideline against this team before making them stop you up the middle. No reason to get cute right off the bat against this Sam Houston D. If they think they are bigger and badder than their past teams, give them the chance to prove it. I doubt they will.

SH will attempt to penetrate LOS /move the LOS back and into pulling guards/power blocking schemes. I could see us having to test whether zone blocking will work better running off the edges a bit.

gumby013
04-30-2021, 03:58 PM
I'm expecting to see plenty of runs to the boundary. Sam still has alignment issues and overloads to the field side.

EC8CH
04-30-2021, 03:59 PM
SH will attempt to penetrate LOS /move the LOS back and into pulling guards/power blocking schemes. I could see us having to test whether zone blocking will work better running off the edges a bit.

Over the years it's been teams that manage to cut NDSU's puller that have had the most success. I'd hope the staff have a plan to counter that by now. Most successful team I recall at that what Charleston Southern. They had a fantastic defensive game plan.

Run quicker power up the middle and hit the zone stuff on the edge. Running power off tackle is where I think they have the best chance of gumming up the works with the power run concepts. The pin and pull stuff around the edge would be a mistake against their penetrating defense.

CAS4127
04-30-2021, 04:00 PM
I'm expecting to see plenty of runs to the boundary. Sam still has alignment issues and overloads to the field side.

Is that to the inside of the field, or outside. Asking for Tailgator?

gumby013
04-30-2021, 04:03 PM

Outside........

heffray
04-30-2021, 04:29 PM
Outside........

Right or left?

cbline
04-30-2021, 04:29 PM
All of this talk about "penetration" is making it difficult to concentrate on what I need to.

Uffda
04-30-2021, 04:32 PM
Was watching some of their last regular season game against Incarnate Word and the announcers mentioned that SHSU turns the ball over something like 2.5 times a game. I like that stat.

CAS4127
04-30-2021, 06:03 PM
Was watching some of their last regular season game against Incarnate Word and the announcers mentioned that SHSU turns the ball over something like 2.5 times a game. I like that stat.

+ or -?

TAILG8R
04-30-2021, 06:25 PM

Depends which side you drive on.

I did hear a SH beat writer say even though their D has been tough against the run it was all against spread/speed running offenses and they haven't fast a hard nosed running attack like NDSU's. He was saying that everyone down there including the SH program are viewing this as the first real test of whether they have cracked the nut of being too soft to play well outside their conference in the playoffs.

CAS4127
04-30-2021, 06:41 PM
Depends which side you drive on.

I did hear a SH beat writer say even though their D has been tough against the run it was all against spread/speed running offenses and they haven't fast a hard nosed running attack like NDSU's. He was saying that everyone down there including the SH program are viewing this as the first real test of whether they have cracked the nut of being too soft to play well outside their conference in the playoffs.

Yep—big difference playing a run-first committed program that actually (for the most part) is good at it. It’s one thing to proclaim you are a run-first program, but quite another to actually be committed to it and be good at it.

Uffda
04-30-2021, 06:54 PM
+ or -?

For the season fumble/loss was 16-8 and 5 picks.

In their playoff game against Monmouth, TOP was 39:41 to 20:19 favoring Monmouth. 1st downs 27-9 also Monmouth. SHSU QB went 12-25. Total offense 257 yds split pretty evenly between rush/pass.

SHSU was lucky to come away with the win. Monmouth dropped an end zone TD pass a couple of plays before the game winning interception on 4th down.

THEsocalledfan
04-30-2021, 07:05 PM
How much you want to bet Sam Houston and rarely even faced an offense that has offensive lineman in 3 points stances?

reformedUNDfan
04-30-2021, 07:42 PM
How much you want to bet Sam Houston and rarely even faced an offense that has offensive lineman in 3 points stances?
wait, there are teams that don't do that?

WeAreThePride
04-30-2021, 08:43 PM
Yep—big difference playing a run-first committed program that actually (for the most part) is good at it. It’s one thing to proclaim you are a run-first program, but quite another to actually be committed to it and be good at it.

NDSU is going to murder them. Just like the old days, those 3 yard runs with a 7 point spread in the second quarter are going to turn into 9 yard runs and a 21 point spread in the 4th. Take their very will to play the game away.

Kujava23
04-30-2021, 10:13 PM

I agree--room for improvement

Kujava23
04-30-2021, 10:46 PM
Anyway—back to the game.

Yeah---will HAVE to take chances to stop the BISON run the game! Could open if play lots of man to use Watson in slot and run wheel behind slant to free up---also our TE's should get open on drags!!!

If it rains.....Bison win bigger than my original projection of 38-17 no rain-----lets say 49-10 in rain

Sam Houston State DEFENSE like CHARMIN

bisoneer
04-30-2021, 11:21 PM
Throw to open up the run again. I like it. We have too many playmakers on our team to bang our heads against the wall play after play.

Can we please complete a screen pass and get a first down for GOD'S sake?

BisonHorns
04-30-2021, 11:57 PM
Did we win this game yet? This week has been so looong.

heffray
05-01-2021, 12:33 AM
Did we win this game yet? This week has been so looong.

Nope. And the game isn’t even tomorrow, FFS...

WeAreThePride
05-01-2021, 12:53 AM
Nope. And the game isn’t even tomorrow, FFS...

For fucks sake, I forgot that. I cleared time tomorrow to watch.

Fuck I hate waiting.

heffray
05-01-2021, 01:05 AM
For fucks sake, I forgot that. I cleared time tomorrow to watch.

Fuck I hate waiting.

It's the absolute fucking worst. I need a day to recover from my gameday routine, win or lose... (but especially lose)…

...I should take Monday off...

*checks work calendar*

...FUCK...

Kevin
05-01-2021, 01:09 AM
It's the absolute fucking worst. I need a day to recover from my gameday routine, win or lose... (but especially lose)…

...I should take Monday off...

*checks work calendar*

...FUCK...

I took Monday/Tuesday off. Going to eat a bunch of boneless wings and drink too much tequila.

It’ll be like every other Sunday except the bison will be playing

heffray
05-01-2021, 01:10 AM
I took Monday/Tuesday off. Going to eat a bunch of boneless wings and drink too much tequila.

It’ll be like every other Sunday except the bison will be playing

Can I join you? (Kinda serious...)

Kevin
05-01-2021, 01:11 AM

Do it. It’s a pandemic spring football season. Work can get fucked.

heffray
05-01-2021, 01:13 AM
Do it. It’s a pandemic spring football season. Work can get fucked.

Meet at North Bdubs at game time? I'm in if you are... #FullyVaccinated

Kevin
05-01-2021, 01:14 AM
Meet at North Bdubs at game time? I'm in if you are... #FullyVaccinated

I would bit I haven’t gotten microchipped yet. Maybe next round.

Platinum margaritas over there are a good way to get the too much tequila too.

heffray
05-01-2021, 01:16 AM
I would bit I haven’t gotten microchipped yet. Maybe next round.

Deal... Just let me know...

I'm thinkin you, me, TAB, CAS, and E8C8HCE8HC8CH meet for the chipper at a pre-agreed location. Sparks fly, emotions run high...

Kevin
05-01-2021, 01:17 AM

I'm thinkin you, me, TAB, CAS, and E8C8HCE8HC8CH meet for the chipper at a pre-agreed location. Sparks fly, emotions run high...

That’d just end with me and tab laughing at something stupid while cas beats you both to death.

I’m in.

heffray
05-01-2021, 01:17 AM
That’d just end with me and tab laughing at something stupid while cas beats you both to death.

I’m in.

Me too, I need a good excuse to end it.

Kevin
05-01-2021, 01:20 AM

You know id never let that happen to you heffy.

ECE8H is on his own.

heffray
05-01-2021, 01:22 AM

ECE8H is on his own.

Man. Thanks Kev. Now I really need to meet EC8H8E8C8CH8CH8888HHHHCH to find out what is so objectionable...

EC8CH
05-01-2021, 01:23 AM

ECE8H is on his own.

CAS thinks I'm a Derek Chauvin sized soy boy.

heffray
05-01-2021, 01:26 AM
CAS thinks I'm a Derek Chauvin sized soy boy.

In my head we all gather at a bar and have a good laugh about this whole shithole of a place... but in all reality I think someone dies.

Kevin
05-01-2021, 01:27 AM
In my head we all gather at a bar and have a good laugh about this whole shithole of a place... but in all reality I think someone dies.

Nah it’d be a good time with too many quitting jokes.

heffray
05-01-2021, 01:28 AM
Nah it’d be a good time with too many quitting jokes.

I feel like that's the best case scenario.

...still in, btw...

oldmantutters
05-01-2021, 01:35 AM

I'm thinkin you, me, TAB, CAS, and E8C8HCE8HC8CH meet for the chipper at a pre-agreed location. Sparks fly, emotions run high... https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210501/55b1c19acc70b7b78242bd59afec8c21.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

CAS4127
05-01-2021, 01:36 AM

Please don’t share details if this happens.

heffray
05-01-2021, 01:36 AM
You're not wrong, OMT... You're not wrong...…………

heffray
05-01-2021, 01:37 AM
Please don’t share details if this happens.

CAS, you're going to be there, try to keep up...

CAS4127
05-01-2021, 01:38 AM

You got jabbed a couple times ... be patient, the end will come soon enough.

heffray
05-01-2021, 01:39 AM
you got jabbed a couple times ... Be patient, the end will come soon enough.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk

loloololololol.....

CAS4127
05-01-2021, 01:50 AM
CAS, you're going to be there, try to keep up...

A meet up involving Tab and me would have to be completely random. I plan around that shit these days.

tjamz
05-01-2021, 02:33 AM

It’ll be like every other Sunday except the bison will be playingLol, must spread rep

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

tjamz
05-01-2021, 02:33 AM
Meet at North Bdubs at game time? I'm in if you are... #FullyVaccinatedCan I get in on this?

heffray
05-01-2021, 02:42 AM
Can I get in on this?

Yasssss you can but you gotta help make it HAPPEN...

tjamz
05-01-2021, 03:06 AM
Yasssss you can but you gotta help make it HAPPEN...Time to start up the bitcoin mining rigs....

heffray
05-01-2021, 03:07 AM
Time to start up the bitcoin mining rigs....

Pretty sure Greeny can help...

TransAmBison
05-01-2021, 03:11 AM
A meet up involving Tab and me would have to be completely random. I plan around that shit these days.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThis is truth...which is very sad.

oldmantutters
05-01-2021, 03:47 AM
So we are all eating boneless wings on Sunday right?

Kevin
05-01-2021, 03:48 AM
So we are all eating boneless wings on Sunday right?

If you want to win, yes.

oldmantutters
05-01-2021, 04:06 AM
If you want to win, yes.I may go homemade boneless, but I'm bougie Kev

MangyOldBison
05-02-2021, 03:46 AM
Any Bison faithful driving to and from the game might want to try Sam’s Original Restaurant and BBQ in Fairfield, Texas. All you can eat buffet is amazing.

GoBison!!