PDA

View Full Version : UNI Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Kevin
04-11-2021, 12:16 AM
1) POTG goes to Watson. Great showing, some real speed and great hands. He's dispelled some questions about his hands, most notably from the asshole who starts the post game threads. Hope he can keep the momentum into the playoffs.
2) There are going to be playoffs, right?
3) Fuck UNI. All my homies hate purple.
4) We will lose and lose badly to SDSU if the coaching staff insists on the carbon copy gameplan of the last 4 games. It's Miller time. No reason he didn't get at least a quarter (if not a full half). It's mind boggling.
5) Buy GME, hold GME. Miss u greenfieldbison.
6) Luepke needs more carries. I liked how Dom ran the ball too but more Luepke.
7) Why go away from the middle screen (which looked to be a huge gain) because of a simple drop? More middle screen. More Luepke.
8) D-line looked great. Hayes is obviously missed.
9) Prevent defense just prevents you from winning.
10) Crazy that we're this bad and still marginally better than the rest of the division.

OrygunBison
04-11-2021, 12:19 AM
11.) Yeeesh.

Bisonwinagn
04-11-2021, 12:20 AM
Going for 2 up 11 should get someone fired. No excuses for Miller not playing when they only hand the ball off anyway.

Still comes down to SDSU for the conference title as expected coming into the season. Hopefully this week worked out the bugs.

Kevin
04-11-2021, 12:21 AM
If you're only going to give Miller one series why does he always get the same 3 fucking plays? I can almost predict them at this point.

Roll him out. Let him show what he can do.

TAILG8R
1) POTG goes to Watson. Great showing, some real speed and great hands. He's dispelled some questions about his hands, most notably from the asshole who starts the post game threads. Hope he can keep the momentum into the playoffs.
4) We will lose and lose badly to SDSU if the coaching staff insists on the carbon copy gameplan of the last 4 games. It's Miller time. No reason he didn't get at least a quarter (if not a full half). It's mind boggling.
7) Why go away from the middle screen (which looked to be a huge gain) because of a simple drop? More middle screen. More Luepke.
10) Crazy that we're this bad and still marginally better than the rest of the FCS.

FTFY and it really is strange/sad/I don't know what feeling.

tony
Did UNI have three catches after big deflections? Crazy.

EC8CH
I blame Lakes for his pumping of Zeb here, obviously coaching staff are reading his posts and taking his advice. There literally are no other plausible explinations.

56BISON73
04-11-2021, 12:22 AM
:eeek: :innocent::rolleyes:

SDbison
04-11-2021, 12:24 AM
Does anyone here think this Bison team has improved much if any through this year? Yep, had a pretty good game against UND, but then? Bunny Turds have the best chance of winning the game next week than they ever have since 2010. Zeb at QB is a shit show. This Bison offense and defense has to be a step below any of the offenses and defenses in the past 10 years! And Entz's and Roehl's coaching / play calls rank lowest during that timeframe too.

Kevin
04-11-2021, 12:24 AM

What's what I meant by division.

TAILG8R
04-11-2021, 12:25 AM
What's what I meant by division.

Oh duh, yeah makes sense. For some reason when I read it I read it as conference.

Kevin
04-11-2021, 12:25 AM
I blame Lakes for his pumping of Zeb here, obviously coaching staff are reading his posts and taking his advice. There literally are no other plausible explinations.

That ball on the TD pass to Babicz fell like a duck. Like PL shot it from the sideline.

We're lucky UNI didn't make any of those picks as well.

SDbison
04-11-2021, 12:27 AM
I blame Lakes for his pumping of Zeb here, obviously coaching staff are reading his posts and taking his advice. There literally are no other plausible explinations. Maybe Kolpack or Izzo should ask that question to coach. Just baffles us how much Entz pushes an inconsistent Zeb, but holds back a better QB in Cam. Then again maybe coaches think El Chapo knows something.

SDbison
04-11-2021, 12:29 AM
That ball on the TD pass to Babicz fell like a duck. Like PL shot it out his ass from the sideline.

We're lucky UNI didn't make any of those picks as well. Fixed your post for you.

SDbison
04-11-2021, 12:32 AM
10) Crazy that we're this bad and still marginally better than the rest of the division.

#10 will only hold true until next week. Then #4 will disprove it.

semobison
04-11-2021, 12:37 AM
The good: We ran the ball pretty well against a team that was giving up 100 ypg... The defense had a great 3rd quarter and shut down UNI run game for the most part....also good, Christian Watson!

The bad: Zeb is always late on timing throws. He did have one good throw in the last 4th quarter TD drive...and no ints!...We miss Hayes already, got beat deep in the 4th qtr twice....Really bad, going for two in the 4th qtr with an eleven point lead!

HerdBot
04-11-2021, 12:42 AM
Lots of really good stuff
Lots of annoying stuff
But we won

heffray
04-11-2021, 12:43 AM
We will lose to SDSU and lose in the semis--maybe quarters as long as Zeb is playing quarterback. Fucking mindboggling that he is still playing.

SDbison
04-11-2021, 12:44 AM
We will lose to SDSU and lose in the semis--maybe quarters as long as Zeb is playing quarterback. Fucking mindboggling that he is still playing. This is truth!

El_Chapo
04-11-2021, 12:46 AM

this is the biggest takeaway. the talent depletion is staggering (including ndsu)

SDbison
04-11-2021, 12:46 AM
Lots of really good stuff
Lots of annoying stuff
But we won And we suck compared to teams of the past 10 years. Likely will have an early exit from the playoffs. Absolutely very little improvement week to week.

Kevin
04-11-2021, 12:48 AM
And we suck compared to teams of the past 10 years. Likely will have an early exit from the playoffs. Absolutely very little improvement week to week.

Worse than that, there's been very little change week to week. They're just sticking with what's not working. That's concerning on multiple levels.

Professor Chaos
And we suck compared to teams of the past 10 years. Likely will have an early exit from the playoffs. Absolutely very little improvement week to week.
They won't be playing Bison teams of the last 10 years in the playoffs. Have you seen the rest of the FCS this spring?

SDbison
The good: We ran the ball pretty well against a team that was giving up 100 ypg... The defense had a great 3rd quarter and shut down UNI run game for the most part....also good, Christian Watson!

The bad: Zeb is always late on timing throws. He did have one good throw in the last 4th quarter TD drive...and no ints!...We miss Hayes already, got beat deep in the 4th qtr twice....Really bad, going for two in the 4th qtr with an eleven point lead! Do you think any of our homer guys in the press will ask Entz about that stupid call?

KSBisonFan
04-11-2021, 12:59 AM
We've got some young dudes on the lines that can really play and I'm excited to see develop.

And what SD said, can someone please ask Entz his reasoning for going for 2?

TAILG8R
04-11-2021, 01:05 AM
One really nice positive in the game is the adjustment to keep the UNIQB from scrambling outside on every single play. They almost entirely shut that down in the second half in it completely killed UNI's offense other than that one drive with the long passes which I think was a bit of an adjustment by UNI where they had him dropping back and heaving up long passes instead of trying to roll them out when it wasn't working.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

KSBisonFan
04-11-2021, 01:06 AM
Brayden Thomas has been a really nice addition to this team. Kid can play.

Kevin
04-11-2021, 01:06 AM
It's a good thing defense wins championships. Ours is pretty good, despite all the challenges thrown their way.

TAILG8R
04-11-2021, 01:08 AM
Brayden Thomas has been a really nice addition to this team. Kid can play.Seems his name gets called every week multiple times.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

semobison
04-11-2021, 01:17 AM
We've got some young dudes on the lines that can really play and I'm excited to see develop.

And what SD said, can someone please ask Entz his reasoning for going for 2?

I agree! Our strength is up front on both sides of the ball.

El_Chapo
04-11-2021, 01:19 AM
I got this text from "someone" at the unidump 2day

These Fuckers at the uni-dome are making us keep our masks up when we drink fucking beer.

GreenfieldBison
04-11-2021, 01:19 AM
Things were getting dire here in the field. I bought some GME and had them send me actual certificates. Cut them in thirds and rolled them up. Now they are used. Should I still hold?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin
04-11-2021, 01:20 AM
Things were getting dire here in the field. I bought some GME and had them send me actual certificates. Cut them in thirds and rolled them up. Now they are used. Should I still hold?

Hold until further instruction.

(Not financial advice)

WeAreThePride
04-11-2021, 01:23 AM
Gamestonk.

Kevin
04-11-2021, 01:31 AM
I got this text from "someone" at the unidump 2day

These Fuckers at the uni-dome are making us keep our masks up when we drink fucking beer.

COMMUNIST

Coincidence?

GreenfieldBison
04-11-2021, 01:32 AM

(Not financial advice)

Do you have any idea how many layers of support I had to navigate before encountering someone who understood “certificate”?

Our “shitty” FB team is 6-1.

noryan34
04-11-2021, 01:44 AM
Does anyone here think this Bison team has improved much if any through this year? Yep, had a pretty good game against UND, but then? Bunny Turds have the best chance of winning the game next week than they ever have since 2010. Zeb at QB is a shit show. This Bison offense and defense has to be a step below any of the offenses and defenses in the past 10 years! And Entz's and Roehl's coaching / play calls rank lowest during that timeframe too.

The defense to me is markedly better. Still a few mistakes here and there but they are way improved. The offense just doesnt stay on the field enough. Take away the CArk game and your looking at a negative TOP. Whens the last time that happened for NDSU. The offense looks the same just now adding a back that runs over people

GreenfieldBison
04-11-2021, 01:46 AM
The defense to me is markedly better. Still a few mistakes here and there but they are way improved. The offense just doesnt stay on the field enough. Take away the CArk game and your looking at a negative TOP. Whens the last time that happened for NDSU. The offense looks the same just now adding a back that runs over people

Actually not too sure the Bison O had featured TOP domination the last couple of years. They were pretty potent when I possession though.

SDbison
04-11-2021, 01:47 AM
One really nice positive in the game is the adjustment to keep the UNIQB from scrambling outside on every single play. They almost entirely shut that down in the second half in it completely killed UNI's offense other than that one drive with the long passes which I think was a bit of an adjustment by UNI where they had him dropping back and heaving up long passes instead of trying to roll them out when it wasn't working.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk I sent the text........actually to a former player about why coaches had not put a spy on the QB yet.......a few plays later Phil Hanson says Jasir helped on the play by spying on the UNI QB.

noryan34
04-11-2021, 01:55 AM
Actually not too sure the Bison O had featured TOP domination the last couple of years. They were pretty potent when I possession though.

2017 - 33:43
2018 - 32:46
2019 - 31:53
2020 - 29:34 (this is excluding the fall game)

Jay
04-11-2021, 02:05 AM
Entz doubled down in the presser. Kolpack asked first about the two point play... “it would have put us up two touchdowns.”

Then McFeely followed up because the answer made zero sense. “It would have forced them to make both extra points.”

I mean jfc...

WeAreThePride
04-11-2021, 02:08 AM
Entz doubled down in the presser. Kolpack asked first about the two point play... “it would have put us up two touchdowns.”

Then McFeely followed up because the answer made zero sense. “It would have forced them to make both extra points.”

I mean jfc...

Baffling. I wish he would just admit he miscalculated.

WeAreThePride
04-11-2021, 02:09 AM
Where can you see the postgame presser?

bisoningrandforks
04-11-2021, 02:20 AM
I thought the guys played well today...except one position and I wont mention names...also Talbert (getting better but) gets caught looking in the backfield and this has been going on for 2 plus years with him..hayes out hurts........thank goodness for our young but talented team to pull it out...I posted earlier that the wabbits will win unless something changes..

El_Chapo
04-11-2021, 02:30 AM
I thought the guys played well today...except one position and I wont mention names...also Talbert (getting better but) gets caught looking in the backfield and this has been going on for 2 plus years with him..hayes out hurts........thank goodness for our young but talented team to pull it out...I posted earlier that the wabbits will win unless something changes..

gee where have i read that b4 on this board 3 weeks ago?

NDSU will physically punish the pussy ass bunny turds on both lines...

Son of a Bison
04-11-2021, 02:31 AM
We won. Again. This is what we do.

gavin2126
04-11-2021, 02:38 AM
The only positive of this week is we got a game to shake off some rust after a long layoff while the bunnies don't. Probably close to a tossup next week now because of that.

NDSUstudent
04-11-2021, 02:41 AM

I mean jfc...

This logic concerns me more than the QB situation....

Son of a Bison
04-11-2021, 03:32 AM
Anybody have Skeletors post game presser. WTF is his excuse? Kind of want to know given how hard we ride our coaches.

X-Factor
04-11-2021, 03:57 AM
They won't be playing Bison teams of the last 10 years in the playoffs. Have you seen the rest of the FCS this spring?

The past Bison teams will likely be the best we ever have at the FCS level. The new transfer rules will prevent the entire division from fielding anything on the level of a 2019 NDSU ever again

bisoneer
04-11-2021, 03:57 AM
I watched most of it on espn+ and it was a nail biter for sure. UNI never went away. A really fun game to watch and that is what I like about it. I know we can be better and should be better but its spring football, covid, transfer BS and all of that so you have to just enjoy being healthy enough to watch it and WE WON! This is key game to get a high seed in the playoffs. I suppose we get the bunnies or the hawks again in the playoffs???

X-Factor
04-11-2021, 04:00 AM

(Not financial advice)

I thought that was for BTC

Kevin
04-11-2021, 04:43 AM
I thought that was for BTC

If you want crypto advice you have to talk to that terrorist tjamz.

tjbison
04-11-2021, 01:27 PM

I mean jfc...

Lol...its laughable. Well maybe his next answer will be to show SDSU as much as possible to make the prepare for everything...

If only the 1660 crew would grow some balls and call out this dipshittery, they just lob softballs to not stir the pot

NDSUKurt
04-11-2021, 01:46 PM
The past Bison teams will likely be the best we ever have at the FCS level. The new transfer rules will prevent the entire division from fielding anything on the level of a 2019 NDSU ever again

You are 100% spot on.

As has already happened, the top FCS teams had multiple high quality players leave, and this is allowing teams like UND, VMI, Rhode island, Missouri State, Duquesne, and Murray state to have good spring seasons and get ranked (I realize that some of the teams I listed have been in the playoffs within the last 5 years, but they lack consistency).

What will matter is 2 and 3 years from now:

1. Will these lesser known/successful FCS teams be able to maintain momentum and chip away at NDSU, JMU, Weber State, SDSU, and the other consistent powers?

2. How often will the best players from FCS teams get poached by teams in the FBS after the players have been in the FCS for 2 or 3 years and have shown that they can play well?

I am fearful that the combination of these two items will, either immediately and/or slowly over time, will reduce the success of NDSU and the rest of the FCS for that matter.

If there is one potential change that may come from this, I can see the Group of 5 and the top of FCS merging sooner now, especially if the transfer portal continues to function like it is - heck, even major FBS teams are having double digit numbers of players leave their school, and this is not just at schools where there is a new coach and he wants "his guys".

GreenfieldBison
04-11-2021, 01:49 PM
Dipshittery - explained.

http://www.footballcommentary.com/dynamicprogramming.htm

Hammerhead
04-11-2021, 01:54 PM
Some think NDSU should be in the WAC and Colorado State has 14 players in the transfer portal.

https://247sports.com/college/colorado-state/Season/2021-Football/TransferPortal/

You are 100% spot on.

As has already happened, the top FCS teams had multiple high quality players leave, and this is allowing teams like UND, VMI, Rhode island, Missouri State, Duquesne, and Murray state to have good spring seasons and get ranked (I realize that some of the teams I listed have been in the playoffs within the last 5 years, but they lack consistency).

What will matter is 2 and 3 years from now:

1. Will these lesser known/successful FCS teams be able to maintain momentum and chip away at NDSU, JMU, Weber State, SDSU, and the other consistent powers?

2. How often will the best players from FCS teams get poached by teams in the FBS after the players have been in the FCS for 2 or 3 years and have shown that they can play well?

I am fearful that the combination of these two items will, either immediately and/or slowly over time, will reduce the success of NDSU and the rest of the FCS for that matter.

If there is one potential change that may come from this, I can see the Group of 5 and the top of FCS merging sooner now, especially if the transfer portal continues to function like it is - heck, even major FBS teams are having double digit numbers of players leave their school, and this is not just at schools where there is a new coach and he wants "his guys".

gizmo
04-11-2021, 01:58 PM
I saw a lot of very good blocking, tackling, running, passing, catching, etc. I did not see a lot of penalties or turnovers. I saw the Bison score more points than the other team. I’m pretty sure that is the recipe for success on a football field. Great job, Bison!

southcliffbison
04-11-2021, 01:59 PM
Dipshittery - explained.

http://www.footballcommentary.com/dynamicprogramming.htm

That sure is a lot of ciphering to do in 40 seconds.

GreenfieldBison
04-11-2021, 02:06 PM
That sure is a lot of ciphering to do in 40 seconds.

Solid point however my apple watch has enough computing power to jam that model through multiple times in a second. Also, rumor has it that if prior to game time you plug your own teams data into the model it will spit out a paper chart, which can be laminated.

heffray
04-11-2021, 02:38 PM
Solid point however my apple watch has enough computing power to jam that model through multiple times in a second. Also, rumor has it that if prior to game time you plug your own teams data into the model it will spit out a paper chart, which can be laminated.

My phone also has a coin flip app and as best I can tell that’s going to be about as accurate as running the scenario through those algorithms.

ndsubison1
04-11-2021, 02:56 PM
Even when Zeb does complete a pass the pass is iffy. Unfortunately he played good enough for the coaches to not bench him vs UND. Miller is young and wish he was in there to get more experience.

tjbison
04-11-2021, 03:35 PM
Some think NDSU should be in the WAC and Colorado State has 14 players in the transfer portal.

https://247sports.com/college/colorado-state/Season/2021-Football/TransferPortal/

I'm thinking you mean the Mountain West??

Rock
04-11-2021, 03:58 PM
I give Entz a pass on the two point. Guessing he tried to have an answer that didn’t bag on the field goal unit having a bad day.

KSBisonFan
04-11-2021, 04:57 PM
I give Entz a pass on the two point. Guessing he tried to have an answer that didn’t bag on the field goal unit having a bad day.

Would you have given him a pass if we lost in OT yesterday? Asking for a friend.

CyPanth
04-11-2021, 05:19 PM
Congratulations. You beat the worst UNI team I've ever seen by a score of 23-20 with the game saved through a great punt and good punt management!

It will be interesting to observe your fans now that your team is almost human like the rest of us. We have seen a terrible decline in quantity and quality of posts on PantherNation in the last few years. CycloneFanatic, on the other hand, is a fantastic, vibrant community no matter how much our teams suck. Those are true fans!

yellowstreak
04-11-2021, 05:24 PM
We have seen a terrible decline in quantity and quality of posts on PantherNation in the last few years. CycloneFanatic, on the other hand, is a fantastic, vibrant community no matter how much our teams suck. Those are true fans!

most people I work with that went to UNI root for the Hawkeye or Cyclones when they play UNI. makes no sense to me.

whatever happened to CaptinCat?

tony
04-11-2021, 05:25 PM

Northern Illinois (which I think is a valid comp to NDSU) has 20+ in the transfer portal.

EC8CH
04-11-2021, 05:26 PM
Congratulations. You beat the worst UNI team I've ever seen by a score of 23-20 with the game saved through a great punt and good punt management!

It will be interesting to observe your fans now that your team is almost human like the rest of us. We have seen a terrible decline in quantity and quality of posts on PantherNation in the last few years. CycloneFanatic, on the other hand, is a fantastic, vibrant community no matter how much our teams suck. Those are true fans!

I remember that vibrant community mocking Wentz before he demolished them in his first college start. Beanpole I believe they called him. Then he hurdled their linebacker.

tjbison
04-11-2021, 05:27 PM

Lol..is this supposed to be a "burn"?

If so congrats, you lost by 3 points to the worst Bison team since 2009 and we are still 6-1....

yellowstreak
04-11-2021, 05:28 PM
Northern Illinois (which I think is a valid comp to NDSU) has 20+ in the transfer portal.

according to FBS attendance requirements, Northern Illinois should have been forced out of the FBS along with about half the MAC

tjbison
04-11-2021, 05:28 PM

Fbs doesn't make you immune to transfers, no loyalty anymore

scottietohottie
04-11-2021, 05:30 PM
Big12 or bust.

IndyBison
04-11-2021, 05:55 PM
according to FBS attendance requirements, Northern Illinois should have been forced out of the FBS along with about half the MACI worked a D3 game this Spring with a guy who normally works in the MAC. The game was tied 44-44 in the 4th quarter. I told him he should be familiar with these high scoring game working those Tuesday night MAC-tion games. He replied, "exactly except there are more fans here." We maybe had 750 people there due to fan limitations.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BattleBorn
04-11-2021, 06:56 PM
It will be interesting to observe your fans now that your team is almost human like the rest of us.

Where have you been all spring?

56BISON73
04-11-2021, 07:00 PM

It took a pandemic and shitty conference leadership spring season to almost bring us down. Lets see what the fall season has to offer shall we?

23Bison
04-11-2021, 08:52 PM

If so congrats, you lost by 3 points to the worst Bison team since 2009 and we are still 6-1....

This checks out.

yellowstreak
04-12-2021, 12:47 AM
whatever happened to CaptinCat?

* Capn_Cat

CyPanth
04-12-2021, 02:18 AM
I remember that vibrant community mocking Wentz before he demolished them in his first college start. Beanpole I believe they called him. Then he hurdled their linebacker.

CycloneFanatic is a great site regardless of the quality of the team. True fans. We'll see how well you guys hold up during the bad times.

As for the Wentz hurdle . . . it happened right in front of me. :mad:

CyPanth
04-12-2021, 02:20 AM

Touche. Yet, you know it hurts you guys much more to be "bad" than me. I'm comfortably numb to it.

CyPanth
04-12-2021, 02:22 AM
Where have you been all spring?

Let's just say that we had a very tough several months. Not spending nearly as much time on fan sites, but had to get on here for the UNI game bantor.

EC8CH
04-12-2021, 03:17 AM
CycloneFanatic is a great site regardless of the quality of the team. True fans. We'll see how well you guys hold up during the bad times.

As for the Wentz hurdle . . . it happened right in front of me. :mad:

Had a great time in Ames that weekend. I agree it's a great fan base.

WeAreThePride
04-12-2021, 02:01 PM
Anyone know where to find the postgame presser?

Snowgoose
04-12-2021, 02:49 PM
It's a good thing defense wins championships. Ours is pretty good, despite all the challenges thrown their way.

Biggest misconception ever. It is such as stupid statement. I can't believe people regurgitate what the media writes. TEAMS WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS. It takes at least 2 of the three phases and the third phase still needs to be good to win a title.

heffray
04-12-2021, 02:51 PM
Biggest misconception ever. It is such as stupid statement. I can't believe people regurgitate what the media writes. TEAMS WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS. It takes at least 2 of the three phases and the third phase still needs to be good to win a title.

Well, I think the sentiment is true in the sense that if you’re only good at 1 of the 3 phases, good Defense gives you the best chance to win games.

Snowgoose
04-12-2021, 03:26 PM
Just do an analysis of Super Bowl champions an as example and where their offenses and defenses ranked. You will find out that a much larger percentage had better offenses than defenses. Although even when they had good Offenses they still had good defenses. Yes there are exceptions to this such as Ravens as an example but they had unreal special teams that year and also their offenses played a complimentary role if I remember correctly in that they could run the ball and chew up some clock. There are always exceptions, but TEAMS win championships they always do.

JMB
04-12-2021, 04:31 PM

I would say in general the defense as a unit is doing better as well as the offensive line.

heffray
04-12-2021, 05:18 PM
Just do an analysis of Super Bowl champions an as example and where their offenses and defenses ranked. You will find out that a much larger percentage had better offenses than defenses. Although even when they had good Offenses they still had good defenses. Yes there are exceptions to this such as Ravens as an example but they had unreal special teams that year and also their offenses played a complimentary role if I remember correctly in that they could run the ball and chew up some clock. There are always exceptions, but TEAMS win championships they always do.

Maybe true. I guess I’m just saying that if I had to pick one I think. Good defense gives you a better opportunity to win than a good offense.

Kevin
04-12-2021, 05:21 PM

Saying things in all caps doesn't make them true.

If it did, Lakes would actually be AD.

And POTUS.