PDA

View Full Version : 1300 block N University

HerdBot
03-30-2021, 01:22 AM
A few months ago I watched a planning committee meeting and they were tearing down 3 old houses on University across from Centennial Blvd. I cant remember but may have been owned by a fraternity or something NDSU related? I noticed on the city permit site they filed for a 2.5 million dollar permit. Any idea what's going there?

https://permits.fargond.gov/PrmtView.aspx?ref=8EL6UP

Hammersmith
03-30-2021, 01:35 AM
A few months ago I watched a planning committee meeting and they were tearing down 3 old houses on University across from Centennial Blvd. I cant remember but may have been owned by a fraternity or something NDSU related? I noticed on the city permit site they filed for a 2.5 million dollar permit. Any idea what's going there?

https://permits.fargond.gov/PrmtView.aspx?ref=8EL6UP

Must be another mixed use building. Foundation plan suggests an elevator pit. To me, an elevator suggests multilevel residential on the upper floors.

Hammerhead
03-30-2021, 01:49 AM
There are 3 buildings that appear to be owned by Delta Delta Delta. http://www.fargoparcels.com/01-8767-00100-000?segId=1

roadwarrior
03-30-2021, 02:01 AM
New Delta Delta Delta sorority house. The NDSU chapter was established in the fall of 2016.

The Kappa Delta sorority is also planning a new house. They will demolish the existing building just north of the Alumni Center, along with the small empty building just to the east. A new building will be built at the same location.

The ATO fraternity is also doing a complete renovation of their building on 12th Ave N.

Hammerhead
03-30-2021, 02:18 AM
I can’t read Delta Delta Delta without thinking of Lambda Lambda Lambda and Revenge of the Nerds.

oldmantutters
03-30-2021, 02:30 AM
New Delta Delta Delta sorority house. The NDSU chapter was established in the fall of 2016.

The Kappa Delta sorority is also planning a new house. They will demolish the existing building just north of the Alumni Center, along with the small empty building just to the east. A new building will be built at the same location.

The ATO fraternity is also doing a complete renovation of their building on 12th Ave N.ATO will be done in time for fall semester this year

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Hammersmith
03-30-2021, 03:15 AM

The ATO fraternity is also doing a complete renovation of their building on 12th Ave N.

This sparks a bit of regret for opportunity lost. I always thought that would have been the best place for a president's house replacement. The house could of been on the NE corner of the block and the NW corner could have been a large public garden area shared between the president's house and the alumni center and set up for larger gatherings(inc. outdoor weddings). With the current president's house location vacant, and tearing down Burgam Hall and replacing it with a modern dorm in the NW part of campus, the university could have had a huge open area for new academic buildings right at the corner of University and 12th.

But I understand why this idea had no chance of happening, considering it would mean moving four greek houses(Sigma Chi, Delta Upsilon, Kappa Alpha Theta, & Kappa Delta).

And thanks for correcting my bad guess.

tjbison
03-30-2021, 01:21 PM
I think its the new chapter of Lambda-Lambda-Lambda

IndyBison
03-30-2021, 06:18 PM

The ATO fraternity is also doing a complete renovation of their building on 12th Ave N.Glad to hear fraternities and sororities are still investing in their physical properties and the Tri-Delt has been successful enough to build a house. Kudos to them for getting a great location on University!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

56BISON73
03-31-2021, 12:55 AM

There were Tri-Delts in the 70s. Did they go off campus and make a come back?

oldmantutters
03-31-2021, 01:03 AM
There were Tri-Delts in the 70s. Did they go off campus and make a come back?They did not have a charter at NDSU in the 00s

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

roadwarrior
04-23-2022, 11:57 PM
The TKEs are planning an upgrade. Plans for a new $3,000,000 house at the same location as the existing place on 14th St.

PickedBess
04-24-2022, 09:39 PM
The TKEs are planning an upgrade. Plans for a new $3,000,000 house at the same location as the existing place on 14th St.

Our ancestors came to America filled with hopes and dreams.
The rumor they heard was American Streets were paved in Gold.
Gold Streets in Fargo.

Hammerhead
04-25-2022, 08:27 PM
Our ancestors came to America filled with hopes and dreams.
The rumor they heard was American Streets were paved in Gold.
Gold Streets in Fargo.

There is a gold drive in Fargo. My best friend was in TKE and that's the only Greek house I remember visiting.

Hammerhead
08-01-2022, 06:11 PM
We drove by campus the other day to check out the IPF and with The Bridges, SHAC, IPF, new Greek house, new building next to the Memorial Union, and Neumann center, that drive looks much different than it did a few years ago.

HerdBot
08-01-2022, 06:19 PM
We drove by campus the other day to check out the IPF and with The Bridges, SHAC, IPF, new Greek house, new building next to the Memorial Union, and Neumann center, that drive looks much different than it did a few years ago.

Yep. We just need to building something across the street from the SHAC. That block throws off the vibe. The NDSU Foundation owns all the land and it's all rentals.

WhoRepsTheLurker
08-01-2022, 06:21 PM

The change is quite remarkable, and Fargo has changed quite a bit too. Heck, I hear we’re getting our own Renaissance Festival … Hazzah, or something like that … never been my cup of tea, TBH

HerdBot
08-01-2022, 10:17 PM
The change is quite remarkable, and Fargo has changed quite a bit too. Heck, I hear we’re getting our own Renaissance Festival … Hazzah, or something like that … never been my cup of tea, TBH

If you want to see something crazy. Go to google maps and do a street view from Veterans Blvd from a today and then change the settings to about 8 years ago. It's mindblowing. You see wheat fields. It actually reminds me of the Frisco Texas growth.

NDSUBowler
08-03-2022, 05:53 PM
If you want to see something crazy. Go to google maps and do a street view from Veterans Blvd from a today and then change the settings to about 8 years ago. It's mindblowing. You see wheat fields. It actually reminds me of the Frisco Texas growth.

How do you do that?!

HerdBot
08-04-2022, 04:33 AM
How do you do that?!

Its easy on desktop but not sure on mobile

Click the Street View date in the upper-left corner. The date of your current Street View is listed below your location's address in the upper-left corner of your screen. Clicking will open a pop-up window where you can change the date.

Hammerhead
08-04-2022, 07:08 PM
Its easy on desktop but not sure on mobile

Click the Street View date in the upper-left corner. The date of your current Street View is listed below your location's address in the upper-left corner of your screen. Clicking will open a pop-up window where you can change the date.

I didn't know you could do that and was able to see that they did put new windows in our house when it was flipped in 2014-2015.

HerdBot
08-04-2022, 07:46 PM
I didn't know you could do that and was able to see that they did put new windows in our house when it was flipped in 2014-2015.

If you want to see something crazy.... go to check out Detroit. You'll see a nice house, then a vacant house, then boarded up windows, then graphitti, then 4 foot tall grass, then a fire, then it becomes an empty lot

Hammerhead
08-04-2022, 08:18 PM
If you want to see something crazy.... go to check out Detroit. You'll see a nice house, then a vacant house, then boarded up windows, then graphitti, then 4 foot tall grass, then a fire, then it becomes an empty lot

There used to be a show called "Rehab Addict" where this lady from the Twin Cities would fix up old houses that looked like they could be "burner-downers" instead of "fixer-uppers" and she did a few episodes in Detroit which is where her grandparents lived and she may have lived in Michigan for some/all of her childhood.