PDA

View Full Version : MVFC Playoff Picture

Pages : [1] 2

heffray
03-25-2021, 01:48 AM
3 weeks to go and we have 3 teams with 1 loss:
- NDSU 5-1, with a 38-7 loss to SIU (includes Fall win over UCA)
- UN_ 4-1, with a 34-13 loss to NDSU (no Fall games)
- SDUS 4-1, with a 28-17 loss to UND (no Fall games)

The remaining schedule goes like this:
Week 6:
NDSU @ USD, UN_ @ YSU, ISUr @ SDSU (cancelled)

Week 7:
SDSU @ NDSU, MSU @ UN_

Week 8:
NDSU @ UNI, UN_ @ ISUr (cancelled), USD @ SDSU

At this point it seems likely that NDSU will win at USD and UNI, with the latter being the bigger question mark. Both ISUr games are huge gifts to UN_ and SDSU (Fuck Spack), as I think they would have been tough wins. UN_ is no gimme against Youngstown or Missouri State either, but I can't see SDSU losing to USD... SO!...

To me, the season comes down to the Rabbits in the dome. If we win, we're in, if we lose... I don't know if a 2-loss Valley team gets in. I guess it would depend on some interesting scenarios with other OOC teams who won't win their auto bid. Lots of scenarios at play...

If NDSU loses to SDSU but wins the other 2, and UND and SDSU lose 1 of their 2, the we could have 3 Valley teams with 2 losses... and where does SIU fit in if they win out?

Gonnna be really interesting, but I actually think the UCA game helps us, surprisingly.

Professor Chaos
03-25-2021, 02:04 AM
Two losses should be ok. If that 2nd loss is to SDSU it'll likely be to a top 3 team so it wouldn't hurt that much. If the 2nd loss is to someone else the win over SDSU probably neutralizes it. There will be 6 at-larges selected along with the 10 autobids so I'd think anyone in the top 10 would be pretty safely in. I'd think a 6-2 or 7-2 NDSU would be in the top 10.

Seems pretty likely the MVFC gets 3 bids with the dearth of good teams out there or with as few games as a lot of teams are likely to get in.

WeAreThePride
03-25-2021, 02:09 AM
I think it's reasonable to assume that NDSU gets the benefit of the doubt even with a second loss to any of the remaining schedule. The NCAA ain't keeping us out in this money pinched season. NDSU is eyeballs, especially in the playoffs.

BisonHorns
03-25-2021, 02:11 AM
Two losses should be ok. If that 2nd loss is to SDSU it'll likely be to a top 3 team so it wouldn't hurt that much. If the 2nd loss it to someone else the win over SDSU probably neutralizes it. There will be 6 at-larges selected along with the 10 autobids so I'd think anyone in the top 10 would be pretty safely in. I'd think a 6-2 or 7-2 NDSU would be in the top 10.

However, I believe you are looking at this all wrong. Your information is that of a logical mind. See you have to put your head up your butt to think like the committee member. Then rationalize what is correct. So obviously JMU is tops with 2 wins, then Sam Houston because always, Jacksonville state because transfers, and as always at least two more teams with bird mascots.

Gully
03-25-2021, 02:14 AM
Two losses should be ok. If that 2nd loss is to SDSU it'll likely be to a top 3 team so it wouldn't hurt that much. If the 2nd loss is to someone else the win over SDSU probably neutralizes it. There will be 6 at-larges selected along with the 10 autobids so I'd think anyone in the top 10 would be pretty safely in. I'd think a 6-2 or 7-2 NDSU would be in the top 10.

Seems pretty likely the MVFC gets 3 bids with the dearth of good teams out there.

I think this is the right take. Dom went from "the Valley will get only 2 teams in" to "the Valley will get 4 teams in" rather quickly after the NDSU win over _ND.

heffray
03-25-2021, 02:15 AM
However, I believe you are looking at this all wrong. Your information is that of a logical mind. See you have to put your head up your butt to think like the committee member. Then rationalize what is correct. So obviously JMU is tops with 2 wins, then Sam Houston because always, Jacksonville state because transfers, and as always at least two more teams with bird mascots.

Such a good point, cannot underestimate committee idiocy.

southcliffbison
03-25-2021, 02:35 AM

Excellent take !

Professor Chaos
03-25-2021, 02:48 AM
I think this is the right take. Dom went from "the Valley will get only 2 teams in" to "the Valley will get 4 teams in" rather quickly after the NDSU win over _ND.
4 seems unlikely just because there's bound to be some head scratching losses to teams out of contention. I could see both UND (@YSU) and SIU (@MSU) losing this weekend and making a real mess of things although Missouri St could play themselves into contention still especially if they beat SIU this weekend. Of course this spring no one is safe from the dreaded clunker, NDSU and SDSU included, where they could lose to anyone.

And despite Bisonville's incessant bitching every year about NDSU's portion of the bracket I think the committee has treated the MVFC pretty fairly and with plenty of respect over the last few years in terms of seeding and at-large selections.

DePereBisonFan
03-25-2021, 02:53 AM
And despite Bisonville's incessant bitching every year about NDSU's portion of the bracket I think the committee has treated the MVFC pretty fairly and with plenty of respect over the last few years in terms of seeding and at-large selections.

The top two MVFC teams should never be in the same bracket. Mainly I feel sorry for the decade that SDSU has had. I would have loved more of our playoff games with them to be for the championship instead of the first or second round.

Professor Chaos
03-25-2021, 03:06 AM
The top two MVFC teams should never be in the same bracket. Mainly I feel sorry for the decade that SDSU has had. I would have loved more of our playoff games with them to be for the championship instead of the first or second round.
I'd say don't blame the selection committee blame the regionalization rules the NCAA saddles them with. I just get irritated as hell every Selection Sunday when we have so many insecure complaints around here that the selection committee deliberately stacked the bracket against NDSU.

I bet I could go back to the days and weeks leading up to the the playoff selections in fall 2019 and find dozens of posts here "guaranteeing" that NDSU and SDSU would be matched up as soon as possible. 2 of the last 3 playoffs NDSU and SDSU have been on separate sides of the bracket including in 2019 and they both have been seeded in the last 4 playoffs. If you know how the selection committee sets the seeds and still think they conspire to seed NDSU and SDSU on the same side of the bracket I'm sure I can't convince you otherwise because its a full-fledged conspiracy theory. I think it would be even worse if they would manipulate the seeds to split up conference teams to different sides of the brackets, that one seed line could be the difference between hosting or going on the road in the quarters or semis and giving the better teams the homefield advantage is more important than splitting up conference teams when they have more than one seeded team IMO.

bisonaudit
03-25-2021, 04:56 AM
I'd say don't blame the selection committee blame the regionalization rules the NCAA saddles them with. I just get irritated as hell every Selection Sunday when we have so many insecure complaints around here that the selection committee deliberately stacked the bracket against NDSU.

I bet I could go back to the days and weeks leading up to the the playoff selections in fall 2019 and find dozens of posts here "guaranteeing" that NDSU and SDSU would be matched up as soon as possible. 2 of the last 3 playoffs NDSU and SDSU have been on separate sides of the bracket including in 2019 and they both have been seeded in the last 4 playoffs. If you know how the selection committee sets the seeds and still think they conspire to seed NDSU and SDSU on the same side of the bracket I'm sure I can't convince you otherwise because its a full-fledged conspiracy theory. I think it would be even worse if they would manipulate the seeds to split up conference teams to different sides of the brackets, that one seed line could be the difference between hosting or going on the road in the quarters or semis and giving the better teams the homefield advantage is more important than splitting up conference teams when they have more than one seeded team IMO.

I’m not sure that’s what it is. I think most people get it. The problem with the committee is that they’re bad a deciding who deserves to be seeded, which is a big problem, and they’re bad at deciding who deserves to be in the tournament, which is a smaller problem. But the constraints from the NCAA distort the bracket about as much as the committee getting the seeds wrong.

Twentysix
03-25-2021, 08:26 AM
3 weeks to go and we have 3 teams with 1 loss:
- NDSU 5-1, with a 38-7 loss to SIU (includes Fall win over UCA)
- UN_ 4-1, with a 34-13 loss to NDSU (no Fall games)
- SDUS 4-1, with a 28-17 loss to UND (no Fall games)

The remaining schedule goes like this:
Week 6:
NDSU @ USD, UN_ @ YSU, ISUr @ SDSU (cancelled)

Week 7:
SDSU @ NDSU, MSU @ UN_

Week 8:
NDSU @ UNI, UN_ @ ISUr (cancelled), USD @ SDSU

At this point it seems likely that NDSU will win at USD and UNI, with the latter being the bigger question mark. Both ISUr games are huge gifts to UN_ and SDSU (Fuck Spack), as I think they would have been tough wins. UN_ is no gimme against Youngstown or Missouri State either, but I can't see SDSU losing to USD... SO!...

To me, the season comes down to the Rabbits in the dome. If we win, we're in, if we lose... I don't know if a 2-loss Valley team gets in. I guess it would depend on some interesting scenarios with other OOC teams who won't win their auto bid. Lots of scenarios at play...

If NDSU loses to SDSU but wins the other 2, and UND and SDSU lose 1 of their 2, the we could have 3 Valley teams with 2 losses... and where does SIU fit in if they win out?

Gonnna be really interesting, but I actually think the UCA game helps us, surprisingly.

The selection committee showed their hand with SHSU's shitty teams getting at large bids riding their NC appearances. NDSU is in even with 3 losses imo, 2 losses is literally no question. Doesn't matter who the losses are to. NDSU could possibly lose all the remaining games and still get in. Never forget, this flaming pile of shit was let into the playoffs on recent brand accomplishments https://gobearkats.com/sports/football/schedule/2013 That's how this business works.

Professor Chaos
03-25-2021, 11:55 AM
I’m not sure that’s what it is. I think most people get it. The problem with the committee is that they’re bad a deciding who deserves to be seeded, which is a big problem, and they’re bad at deciding who deserves to be in the tournament, which is a smaller problem. But the constraints from the NCAA distort the bracket about as much as the committee getting the seeds wrong.
If you want to criticize the seeds being wrong or the at large selections being wrong go ahead. I think for the most part their decisions have been logical when it comes to seeding and at-large selection but they've had their misses and deserve criticism for that. What grinds my gears is the complaints/criticism that the committee has some nefarious agenda to stack the bracket against NDSU which is why I used the word insecure to describe it.

heffray
03-25-2021, 12:05 PM

If you want to criticize the seeds being wrong or the at large selections being wrong go ahead. I think for the most part their decisions have been logical when it comes to seeding and at-large selection but they've had their misses and deserve criticism for that. What grinds my gears is the complaints/criticism that the committee has some nefarious agenda to stack the bracket against NDSU which is why I used the word insecure to describe it.

Good points, and you can blame most of the SDSU pairings on SDSU. If they played to their potential (that they show against NDSU every year), they would be a higher seed and we’d meet in the Semis or the Championship. The reason it hasn’t happened yet is because they either shit the bed in the regular season (after blowing their load against us) or shit the bed in the playoffs. It’s the Jackrabbit way.

Edit: I believe NDSU played SDSU in the Semis only once, 2018, I think?

Professor Chaos
03-25-2021, 12:08 PM
The selection committee showed their hand with SHSU's shitty teams getting at large bids riding their NC appearances. NDSU is in even with 3 losses imo, 2 losses is literally no question. Doesn't matter who the losses are to. NDSU could possibly lose all the remaining games and still get in. Never forget, this flaming pile of shit was let into the playoffs on recent brand accomplishments https://gobearkats.com/sports/football/schedule/2013 That's how this business works.
If you want to pull up examples of the committee getting it wrong SHSU is not the team to use. In 2013 as an unseeded at-large they won their first round game before losing by 1 to 4th seeded Southeastern Louisiana. In 2014 they made the semis as an unseeded autobid. In 2015 they made the semis as an unseeded at-large. In 2016 they were seeded 5th despite going undefeated (and their fans howled about it) and got trucked by 4th seeded JMU in the quarters. In 2017 they made the semis as a 6th seeded at-large. In 2018 and 2019 they didn't make the playoffs.

People love to shit on SHSU because of their spectacular playoff flame outs but they've consistently outplayed their bracket position and haven't had a Jacksonville State-like flop in their first playoff game in the last decade.

Bisonator98
03-25-2021, 01:34 PM
Pretty confident a 2 loss NDSU is in no matter what else happens. Now if they somehow drop a third game I'm not sure they'd even be deserving a spot. As far as a third or 4th Valley team making it I'd think the only concerning thing would be upsets to autobid favorites. If a JSU or SHSU takes a loss then those conferences might have a claim to a second or even third team as well as the MVFC. Then it comes down to politics or biases and that never seems to go well for the Valley.

stevdock
03-25-2021, 02:47 PM

I agree for the most part. I'd say most of that talk though came from the one year where it sure seemed like the quality of teams on our side of the bracket was ridiculously better than the other side. Now the teams on our side didn't win when it counted, which put their fate in the committee's hands. Well that and playing SDSU so early so often, but that's also due to SDSU not winning the games they should have.

DCBison
03-25-2021, 03:05 PM
If you want to pull up examples of the committee getting it wrong SHSU is not the team to use. In 2013 as an unseeded at-large they won their first round game before losing by 1 to 4th seeded Southeastern Louisiana. In 2014 they made the semis as an unseeded autobid. In 2015 they made the semis as an unseeded at-large. In 2016 they were seeded 5th despite going undefeated (and their fans howled about it) and got trucked by 4th seeded JMU in the quarters. In 2017 they made the semis as a 6th seeded at-large. In 2018 and 2019 they didn't make the playoffs.

People love to shit on SHSU because of their spectacular playoff flame outs but they've consistently outplayed their bracket position and haven't had a Jacksonville State-like flop in their first playoff game in the last decade.

Hmmmm, logic seems to check out.

heffray
03-25-2021, 03:09 PM

Yeah, and there’s a JMU thread somewhere where based on win percentage in the last 10 years or so, you can argue that SHSU has been the second best team during our run (with the other contenders being EWU and the aforementioned fucktwats).

EC8CH
03-25-2021, 03:36 PM

The wide gulf between NDSU at #1 and any other team in the FCS at #2 is what skews our perception of calling any other team's success good enough to be called #2. SHSU, EWU, JMU, SDSU have all been fairly consistently good and would be better if not for NDSU sucking all the oxygen out of the FCS for the past decade.

heffray
03-25-2021, 03:54 PM
Sam Herders take on the playoff picture for everyone else:

https://herosports.com/fcs-football-bracketology-6-playoff-predictions-bzbz/

Professor Chaos
03-25-2021, 04:22 PM
The wide gulf between NDSU at #1 and any other team in the FCS at #2 is what skews our perception of calling any other team's success good enough to be called #2. SHSU, EWU, JMU, SDSU have all been fairly consistently good and would be better if not for NDSU sucking all the oxygen out of the FCS for the past decade.
There was a guy on AGS who came up with a point system for playoff success. Basically teams got anywhere from 5 points for a playoff appearance and a first round exit escalating to 90 points for a championship. I broke it down by decade and it's pretty incredible how NDSU's dominance of the 2010s blows away any other number anyone else has put up in a single decade:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51071352027_0c7c320cd3_c.jpg

Overall NDSU is still 3rd all time in FCS/1AA history using this scoring system but in terms of playoff appearances they're well behind most of their peers at the top of this list and are gaining quickly on Montana in particular:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51071352037_83abe5d535_z.jpg

heffray
03-25-2021, 04:44 PM
There was a guy on AGS who came up with a point system for playoff success. Basically teams got anywhere from 5 points for a playoff appearance and a first round exit escalating to 90 points for a championship. I broke it down by decade and it's pretty incredible how NDSU's dominance of the 2010s blows away any other number anyone else has put up in a single decade:

Overall NDSU is still 3rd all time in FCS/1AA history using this scoring system but in terms of playoff appearances they're well behind most of their peers at the top of this list and are gaining quickly on Montana in particular:

Fantastic list. Love it.

MankatoBison
03-25-2021, 05:06 PM

but but but but..... I was told by people who told me they were better human beings than me, that the 2010's was the #DukesDecade !!!

EC8CH
03-25-2021, 05:18 PM

Awesome stuff. Numerically drives my point home. The skyrocketing difference between the #1 Bison in the 2010s compared to prior decades is astounding. SDSU's number would likely be higher if not for all the early playoff pairings with NDSU. Then the list of 2nd tier teams matches with my seat of the pants list.

Really like that guys system. I agree with all of it's rankings.

oldmantutters
03-25-2021, 05:30 PM
Sam Herders take on the playoff picture for everyone else:

https://herosports.com/fcs-football-bracketology-6-playoff-predictions-bzbz/He tries soooooooo hard to never be an NDSU homer. Has he ever picked them? Every single year is the year SDSU will finally clip the Bison...

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

heffray
03-25-2021, 05:55 PM
He tries soooooooo hard to never be an NDSU homer. Has he ever picked them? Every single year is the year SDSU will finally clip the Bison...

I know. It’s annoying. The FCS huddle guys can be JMU homers all day long but if someone went to NDSU and obviously cheers for them, they can’t because we’re sooooo dominant.

TransAmBison
03-25-2021, 05:59 PM
He tries soooooooo hard to never be an NDSU homer. Has he ever picked them? Every single year is the year SDSU will finally clip the Bison...

Sent from my Pixel 4a using TapatalkI wonder if he wears special socks when he makes that prediction?

Professor Chaos
03-25-2021, 06:04 PM
I wonder if he wears special socks when he makes that prediction?
Yeah, whatever Herder has been doing he should just keep doing it... although not even Jay Walker could put his kiss of death hex on the Bison by picking them all the way through the 2019 playoffs.

heffray
03-25-2021, 06:29 PM
I'll put this here since I don't want to start a new thread and it will affect the MVFC at large bids... Kind of related to Sam's article, here's what the auto-bid pictures are for the rest of the conferences, and who might contend for the at larges:

Big Sky:
Weber: 2-0 (Upcoming: v NAU, @SUU, v Idaho St, @CP)
EWU: 2-1 (21-28 L @Idaho; Upcoming: v CP, @UCD, v Idaho)
UCD: 2-1 (13-18 L @Weber; Upcoming: v Idaho St, v EWU, @CP)

Big South:
Kennesaw: 3-0 (Upcoming: v Robert Mo, @Monmouth)
Gardner-Webb 2-0 (Upcoming: v Monmouth, @Charleston Southern)

CAA:
Delaware: 2-0 (Upcoming: @RI, v Albany, @Delaware St, @ Villanova
RI: 2-0 (Upcoming: v Delaware, v NH, v Maine, @Stony Brook)
JMU: 3-0 (Upcoming: @W&M, @Richmond, v Elon)
Richmond: 2-0 (Upcoming: v Elon, v JMU, @W&M)
Maine: 2-1 (0-37 L @Delaware; Upcoming: v Villanova, @RI, v NH)

MVFC:
NDSU: 5-1 (14-38 L @SIU; Upcoming: @USD, v SDSU, @UNI)
UND: 4-1 (13-34 L @NDSU; Upcoming: @YSU, v Mo St)
SDSU: 4-1 (17-28 L @UND; Upcoming: @NDSU, v USD)
Mo St: 3-4, 3-1 Conf (0-48 L @Oklahoma, 20-27 L @UCA, 24-33 L v UCA 0-25 L v NDSU; Upcoming: v SIU, @UND, v YSU)
SIU: 4-2 (21-44 L @UND, 3-44 L v SDSU; Upcoming: @Mo St, v WIU)

NEC:
Duquesne: 3-0 (Upcoming: @Bryant)
Bryant: 2-1 (19-24 L @Long Island; Upcoming: v Duquesne)

OVC:
Murray St: 4-0 (Upcoming: v East Ill, @Austin Peay, v Jax St)
Jax St: 7-1 (24-41 L @Florida St; Upcoming: v Austin Peay, @East Ill, @ Murray St)

Patriot:
Holy Cross: 1-0 (Upcoming: v Fordham, v Bucknell)
Lafayette: 1-0 (Upcoming: @Bucknell, v Lehigh)

Pioneer:
San Diego: 2-0 (Upcoming: @Presb, v Davidson, v Stetson, @Valpo)
Davidson: 2-1 (23-26 L @Elon; Upcoming: v Morehead St, @San Diego, @Presb, v Stetson)

SoCon:
VMI: 4-0 (Upcoming: @Wofford, v ETSU, v Citadel)
Chatty: 3-1 (10-13 L @WKy; Upcoming: v Mercer, @WCar, @Samford, @ETSU)
ETSU: 2-1 (13-17 L v Furman; Upcoming: v WCar, @VMI, @Mercer, v Chatty)

Southland:
Incarnate: 3-0 (Upcoming: @Nicholls, v NW St, v SHSU)
SHSU: 3-0 (Upcoming: @NW St, v McNeese, @Incarnate)
Nicholls: 3-1 (17-71 L @SHSU; Upcoming: v Incarnate, @McNeese, v SELA)

A few notes on the MVFC stuff… I added Mo St and SIU to the picture because Mo St still has a chance to win the Valley if they win out, and if a 2-win NDSU team deserves an At-Large, perhaps a 2-win SIU team would also deserve one, considering they have a convincing win against NDSU (They also have a blowout loss to SDSU, and it makes our SDSU game so much more interesting).

Looking at the rest of the country, I think Herder’s assessment of who will win each league is pretty spot on, with the exception of SDSU in the Valley, I see that as more of a coinflip than a certainty (and perhaps so does Sam, but he’s just making a pick).

With only 6 At-larges it will be interesting if they award more than one to any of the “Big 3” (MVFC, Big Sky, CAA) or if they give 1 each to Southland, SoCon, and OVC and the Big 3… Some of that will depend on if there are worthy contenders in those 3 or if there are better cases for 2 at-larges in 1 or 2 of the Big 3, but it’s going to be an interesting decision either way…

X-Factor
03-25-2021, 08:43 PM

Oh please. This has to be the biggest misconception in MVFC bracketology. SDSU had MANY chances on other sides of the bracket and they pissed down their leg in typical bunny fashion.

2019 - lost at home to UNI (JMU bracket)
2017 - Blown out by JMWho
2015 - lost to a mediocre Montana
2013 - Blown out by EWU
2011 - didn’t make playoffs
2010 - didn’t make playoffs
2009 - blew 40 point 2nd half lead to Montana

BISONBRI53
03-25-2021, 09:12 PM
Oh please. This has to be the biggest misconception in MVFC bracketology. SDSU had MANY chances on other sides of the bracket and they pissed down their leg in typical bunny fashion.

2013 - Blown out by EWU

Was 17 the pick game against JMU?

TAILG8R
03-25-2021, 09:21 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B05ht4WIMAEVuVA.jpg

EC8CH
03-25-2021, 11:14 PM

https://i.imgur.com/nfMrAyg.gif

heffray
03-26-2021, 12:31 AM
https://i.imgur.com/nfMrAyg.gif

Thought it was 10.

G_Funky
03-26-2021, 02:42 AM

2013 - Blown out by EWU

2009 was 11 years ago and that monumental meltdown still makes me giddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EC8CH
03-26-2021, 04:42 AM
Thought it was 10.

10 includes a fumble by a RB.

9 is a Taryn.

WeAreThePride
03-26-2021, 08:39 AM
10 includes a fumble by a RB.

9 is a Taryn.

Didn't that include at least one completely untouched fumble?

TAILG8R
03-26-2021, 04:23 PM
How does UND and Youngstown not playing this weekend impact the playoff picture?

Never mind I see they are rescheduled to play at the end of the year.

EC8CH
03-26-2021, 05:03 PM
Didn't that include at least one completely untouched fumble?

Hehehehe yup.

heffray
03-26-2021, 05:11 PM
How does UND and Youngstown not playing this weekend impact the playoff picture?

Never mind I see they are rescheduled to play at the end of the year.

Still could be impactful, I think UN_ has a better chance at winning later in the year than right after they play us. #BisonEffect

TAILG8R
03-26-2021, 05:26 PM
Still could be impactful, I think UN_ has a better chance at winning later in the year than right after they play us. #BisonEffect

Also by then Youngstown might be wanting to just pack it in so what kind of effort will they give?

abc123
03-26-2021, 05:49 PM
Also by then Youngstown might be wanting to just pack it in so what kind of effort will they give?

They are already 1-4, what are the playing for now that they won't after rolling WIU and playing Misery State?

CyPanth
03-26-2021, 05:54 PM

I don't like this chart. It isn't complete. There are some fields on your chart that are blank and missing numbers, such as in the Titles column.

And I hate the chart when those numbers are filled in! :banghead:

TAILG8R
03-26-2021, 05:56 PM
They are already 1-4, what are the playing for now that they won't after rolling WIU and playing Misery State?

A chance to continue to get better, as they have shown, and beat a supposed top 5ish team. Youngstown has tradition, I can guarantee no one there wants to continue being in the bottom part of the league.

abc123
03-26-2021, 06:14 PM
A chance to continue to get better, as they have shown, and beat a supposed top 5ish team. Youngstown has tradition, I can guarantee no one there wants to continue being in the bottom part of the league.

So again, how is that going to change from playing a few weeks later?

TAILG8R
03-26-2021, 06:17 PM
So again, how is that going to change from playing a few weeks later?

Well UN_ will probably be 4-2 by then and showing their true colors and Youngstown will be annoyed having to play on a weekend they should have been cleaning out their locker room because the Fhawkers couldn't stop sharing vodka tampons between the Football and Hockies team.

TAILG8R
03-26-2021, 06:18 PM
I don't like this chart. It isn't complete. There are some fields on your chart that are blank and missing numbers, such as in the Titles column.

And I hate chart when those numbers are filled in! :banghead:

These aren't garage door titles, the column refers to the real deal.

:)

CyPanth
03-26-2021, 06:56 PM
These aren't garage door titles, the column refers to the real deal.

:)

Be careful. I know where you live! Not hard to find with your garage door fetish.

reformedUNDfan
03-26-2021, 08:10 PM

I'm not sure what I think about a methodology that puts Montana above a team with more wins and more titles

WeAreThePride
03-26-2021, 08:12 PM
I'm not sure what I think about a methodology that puts Montana above a team with more wins and more titles

Appearances gotta matter for something. And it's not like they put Montana in a whole different stratosphere to us.

abc123
03-26-2021, 08:51 PM

While NDSU has completely dominated the last decade, the FCS did exist before 2009.

TAILG8R
03-26-2021, 08:53 PM
Appearances gotta matter for something. And it's not like they put Montana in a whole different stratosphere to us.

Agreed, making the playoffs is an important factor and them having 26 more years in the division meaning they have had so many more opportunities makes it easy to see why the system would rank them higher.

Remember this is FCS history not the last decade.

EC8CH
03-26-2021, 09:05 PM
Agreed, making the playoffs is an important factor and them having 26 more years in the division meaning they have had so many more opportunities makes it easy to see why the system would rank them higher.

I like the total history WITH the decade by decade totals. Explains everything.

TAILG8R
03-26-2021, 09:08 PM
I like the total history WITH the decade by decade totals. Explains everything.

A nice column to add to the all time list would be years in the division.

EC8CH
03-26-2021, 09:08 PM
While NDSU has completely dominated the last decade, the FCS did exist before 2009.

Poor thing. Must have been so lonely without her daddy.

EC8CH
03-26-2021, 09:09 PM
A nice column to add to the all time list would be years in the division.

Yeah. Weighted average of points per year in division.

WeAreThePride
03-26-2021, 09:12 PM

**snicker**

abc123
03-26-2021, 09:40 PM

Imagine cheering for a team that's been that good still having an inferiority complex.

WeAreThePride
03-26-2021, 09:46 PM
Imagine cheering for a team that's been that good still having an inferiority complex.

Imagine cheering for a team whose main rival has been so good that the only insult you can come up with is "Your team is so good."

EC8CH
03-26-2021, 10:22 PM

Imagine cheering for a team that tries so hard to play against the team I cheer for again just so you can tell me how good daddy really is. Tell me again fhawker, how good is your Daddy? Did you miss your Daddy when he was gone. Sure you did. You missed your daddy.

abc123
03-26-2021, 10:30 PM
Imagine cheering for a team that tries so hard to play against the team I cheer for again just so you can tell me how good daddy really is. Tell me again fhawker, how good is your Daddy? Did you miss your Daddy when he was gone. Sure you did. You missed your daddy.

Freud might say your projecting but I digress.

EC8CH
03-26-2021, 10:45 PM

Who da fook is dat guy? Your OC that didn't run Ottis in the second half. Who cares what that dipshit would say.

I bet your Daddy does make you digress.

heffray
03-27-2021, 01:22 AM

Imagine cheering for a team that causes you to do exactly what you’re doing. You are fucking pathetic. All of you. I *ALMOST* feel bad for you, but you bring it upon yourselves. #buthockey

abc123
03-27-2021, 01:57 AM
Imagine cheering for a team that causes you to do exactly what you’re doing. You are fucking pathetic. All of you. I *ALMOST* feel bad for you, but you bring it upon yourselves. #buthockey

Someone is on the sauce again. Save some of that rage for tomorrow.

NDSU92
03-27-2021, 02:03 AM

Are you telling me that you soberly spend hours on another teams’s message board on a Friday night?

CyPanth
03-27-2021, 02:14 AM
Are you telling me that you soberly spend hours on another teams’s message board on a Friday night?

Only a total idiot would be sober and spend time on another team's message board on a Friday night! What a dipwad! :irslow:

EC8CH
03-27-2021, 02:24 AM
Only a total idiot would be sober and spend time on another team's message board on a Friday night! What a dipwad! :irslow:

Go make yourself a drink then for christ's sake.

heffray
03-27-2021, 02:57 AM

Blah blah blah it’s the same thing every time from you. Why don’t you engage my points and we’ll see if I’m drunk. Spoiler alert: You can’t because you’re a fucking loser.

EC8CH
03-27-2021, 02:58 AM
Blah blah blah it’s the same thing every time from you. Why don’t you engage my points and we’ll see if I’m drunk. Spoiler alert: You can’t because you’re a fucking loser.

My boi Heff goes hard. Until he quits.

heffray
03-27-2021, 03:01 AM

I don’t quit on hating UN_ and their fucking loser fans.

reformedUNDfan
03-27-2021, 07:29 AM

and the did montana do with those extra 25 years? Still not win as many games

reformedUNDfan
03-27-2021, 07:31 AM

montana needs respect for those extra 25 losses.

abc123
03-27-2021, 08:12 AM

You quit on everything. It's what you do.
Kevin has my back on that.

WeAreThePride
03-27-2021, 11:36 AM

Mama didn't raise no quitter.

EC8CH
03-27-2021, 01:49 PM

Kev can get in line. Daddy already owns your back.

heffray
03-27-2021, 02:00 PM

It’s really hard to quit calling you a fucking loser when you continually remind us all that you are one.

bison22
03-28-2021, 12:29 AM
Awesome to see that we were Southern Illinois' super bowl

BisonHorns
03-28-2021, 02:26 PM
Four Valley teams are 4 and 1. Things are getting interesting.

BisonHorns
03-28-2021, 02:38 PM
Ndsu and sdsu both having two weeks off to get healthy should make for a hell of a good game.

heffray
03-28-2021, 02:41 PM
Four Valley teams are 4 and 1. Things are getting interesting.

Yep. Sometime this week I’ll update the full list so we can all see the big picture. Getting real interesting.

The thing I’m interested in right now is how the committee will value Mo St’s 3 noncon Fall losses and NDSU’s one Fall win.

Professor Chaos
03-28-2021, 11:57 PM
I think the two losses to UCA in the fall are going to end up keeping Missouri St out unless they run the table and finish 6-4 (6-1). I have a real hard time seeing them give a 5-5 team one of the only 6 at-larges even if one of those losses is to an FBS in the fall and they went 5-2 in the tough MVFC in the spring. They'll find someone else from another conference with a shinier overall W/L record.

heffray
03-29-2021, 12:42 AM
I think the two losses to UCA in the fall are going to end up keeping Missouri St out unless they run the table and finish 6-4 (6-1). I have a real hard time seeing them give a 5-5 team one of the only 6 at-larges even if one of those losses is to an FBS in the fall and they went 5-2 in the tough MVFC in the spring. They'll find someone else from another conference with a shinier overall W/L record.

I agree. The only exception here is if SDSU and UND have 2 losses. Then I could see them letting Mo St in.

bisoningrandforks
03-29-2021, 03:15 AM

thats funny right there!........I dont quit hating on there administration!

noryan34
03-29-2021, 05:56 PM
How are they determining the conference champ/autobid this year? Highly likely that there ends up being three 1 loss teams.

heffray
03-29-2021, 06:06 PM
How are they determining the conference champ/autobid this year? Highly likely that there ends up being three 1 loss teams.

There’s some kind of tie break and I think I heard Herder say he has it broken down on Hero Sports somewhere...

Professor Chaos
03-29-2021, 08:26 PM
There’s some kind of tie break and I think I heard Herder say he has it broken down on Hero Sports somewhere...
It's super simple.

https://herosports.com/fcs-football-conference-tiebreaker-playoff-auto-bid-bzbz/

In the event a full schedule is played by all members, standings shall follow normal tiebreaking procedures. If any game is canceled due to COVID-related matters, the game will be registered as a “no contest.”

Title and AQ Eligibility Standards

To be eligible for the regular-season title and automatic bid to the NCAA Championship:

If 75 percent or more league games are played (30 of 40), a team must play no less than two fewer conference games than the average number of conference games played by all teams to be eligible.
If fewer than 75 percent of the league games are played, a team must play no less than one fewer conference game than the average number of conference games played by all teams to be eligible.

# of Games Played Scenarios

40-All Games — full schedule, normal tiebreaker

35-39 games (7.0 avg. GP – 7.9 avg. GP) — 5 games required to be eligible

25-34 games (5.0 avg. GP – 6.9 avg. GP) — 4 games required to be eligible

20-24 games (4.0 avg. GP – 4.9 avg. GP) — 3 games required to be eligible

Fewer than 20 total games (less than 50 percent games played) .. no minimum threshold

*A team may add a loss (or losses) to its record to meet minimum games-played thresholds for regular-season title and AQ consideration.

Standings shall be determined according to respective won-lost records and winning percentages in Conference games. The team with the best won-lost percentage shall be champion.

In the event of an unbalanced schedule due to cancellation of games: If two (or more) teams have the same number of conference losses but a different number of conference wins, head-to-head results will take precedence over winning percentage, as long as the two (or more) teams meet minimum number of games language noted above.

If the game was canceled between two teams with the same winning percentage in all conference games or the same number of conference losses but a different number of conference wins, move to tiebreaker for two teams below. If a game or games was canceled between three or more teams with the same winning percentage in all conference games or the same number of conference losses but a different number of conference wins, move to tiebreaker for three or more teams below.

Two Teams Tied

1. In the event of a two-team tie in the conference results and the two teams played each other, the winner of the game shall be declared the NCAA automatic qualifier.

2. If the tied teams did not play each other, then each team’s record against all common conference opponents shall be used to determine the NCAA automatic qualifier.

3. If the teams are still tied, then each team’s record against the next highest common opponent in the conference standings shall be used to determine the NCAA automatic qualifier.

4. If the teams are still tied, the latest available Sagarin Rating shall be used as the final tiebreaker. Rating will only be used as a ranking system or tiebreaker in the event all teams under consideration have played a minimum of 8 total (non-conference plus conference) games. In the event only a partial schedule is played and Sagarin cannot be utilized, the Conference will utilize the Media (STATS) Top 25 poll to break the tie.

Three or More Teams Tied

1. If at any point a tie is broken using the multiple-tie tiebreaker procedures and only two teams remain tied, the remaining teams shall revert to the two-way tiebreaker (See above).

2. If the tied teams all played one another, the team with the best cumulative record involving games among the tied teams shall be declared the NCAA automatic qualifier.

3. If the tied teams all played one another and have identical records against the other tied teams, then each team’s record against all common conference opponents shall be used to determine the NCAA automatic bid. If teams are still tied, then each team’s record against the next highest common opponent in the conference standings shall determine the automatic bid.

4. If the tied teams did not play each other, then each team’s record against common conference opponents shall be used to determine the automatic bid. If the tied teams did not play each other, but one team played and defeated the other two teams, that team is the champion.

5. If the teams are still tied and they did not play each other, then each team’s record against the next highest common opponent in the conference standings shall determine the automatic bid.

6. If the teams are still tied, the latest available Sagarin Rating shall be used as the final tiebreaker. Sagarin Rating will only be used as a ranking system or tiebreaker in the event all teams under consideration have played a minimum of 8 total (non-conference plus conference) games. In the event only a partial schedule is played and Sagarin cannot be utilized, the Conference will utilize the Media (STATS) Top 25 poll to break the tie.

TAILG8R
03-29-2021, 10:30 PM
Basically it comes down to winning percentages and then head to head.

Professor Chaos
03-29-2021, 10:52 PM
Basically it comes down to winning percentages and then head to head.
Winning percentage but teams don't get credit for playing extra games and teams aren't punished for playing less games if they have the same number of conference losses. As far as I can tell NDSU is the only team that controls their own destiny in terms of the autobid since if they beat SDSU they'll have already beaten the other two teams who they could tie with as co-champs (UND and MSU) with one loss. If UND, MSU, and SDSU all tie with one conference loss a a varying number of conference wins it would get messy but I think SDSU would likely have the upper hand since they would have beaten NDSU to get there and the other two would've lost to NDSU.

CyPanth
03-30-2021, 02:45 AM

It will be a lot simpler if/when you become a victim of the UNI-Door again! :duel:

EC8CH
03-30-2021, 03:15 AM
It will be a lot simpler if/when you become a victim of the UNI-Door again! :duel:

https://i.imgflip.com/vm0us.jpg

CyPanth
03-30-2021, 03:17 AM
As long as we are pulling out old images, here is mine. 9574

EC8CH
03-30-2021, 03:19 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/16kk92.jpg

heffray
03-30-2021, 03:40 AM

Must spread rep.

MankatoBison
03-30-2021, 01:23 PM
Cancel the pOsT sEaSoN!!!1

I was reliably told by an alleged Bison fan on twitter that the REGULAR season is the most important part of the season and that there is no point to the post season. No Joke.
He literally suggested that the only point to play a season is the regular season and that the post season, in general, is a waste of time. lol what the actual F*CK is wrong with you??

He was also extremely triggered that indiana state wasnt playing their season because that will put a giant asterisk next to the post season. yes, I m sure not having the patriot league, ivy league, indiana state and Illinois state not in the playoffs will cast a shadow over this years champions for years.. I can see the 30 for 30 now... What if I told you.... the True 2021 FCS champions, never played a down?

Professor Chaos
03-30-2021, 01:58 PM
Cancel the pOsT sEaSoN!!!1

I was reliably told by an alleged Bison fan on twitter that the REGULAR season is the most important part of the season and that there is no point to the post season. No Joke.
He literally suggested that the only point to play a season is the regular season and that the post season, in general, is a waste of time. lol what the actual F*CK is wrong with you??

He was also extremely triggered that indiana state wasnt playing their season because that will put a giant asterisk next to the post season. yes, I m sure not having the patriot league, ivy league, indiana state and Illinois state not in the playoffs will cast a shadow over this years champions for years.. I can see the 30 for 30 now... What if I told you.... the True 2021 FCS champions, never played a down?
:rofl:

It seems there are an inordinate amount of dumb Bison fans on Twitter and Facebook. If anyone has given up posting on Bisonville because it's "toxic" but engages all over Twitter and Facebook I think it's more likely it was that person not Bisonville that was the problem. I don't engage on those platforms but occasionally read through the some of the threads and the discourse at places like here and AGS are light years more reasonable than on those platforms.

NDSU92
03-30-2021, 02:17 PM
:rofl:

It seems there are an inordinate amount of dumb Bison fans on Twitter and Facebook. If anyone has given up posting on Bisonville because it's "toxic" but engages all over Twitter and Facebook I think it's more likely it was that person not Bisonville that was the problem. I don't engage on those platforms but occasionally read through the some of the threads and the discourse at places like here and AGS are light years more reasonable than on those platforms.

There are just an inordinate amount of dumb people that post on Facebook and Twitter...

totoinfl
03-30-2021, 02:37 PM

The CryptKeeper Immortalized.

EC8CH
03-30-2021, 03:44 PM
The CryptKeeper Immortalized.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/hvLr_otcuWI1rFTJcEugSm8rnnj-5l3xU0ZIxn8FTHj9ZyXI6GV3Z29xVSe9MO_MexuLRXg0oBHxML L98O4pEMQW3_S3VXZXsh58GquSyYKZ-6SX35Syy3kCp6T4fz3WzqX54zlvOzDXlmuv_LSx94iOFQJggN8 1-N-Xp9pT4hHhcAKQb8YnhWk0bQ4N5r26lh0nBpML9sYHgsxcwTwC_ IB3gsi8P_oFwwvZfZ9Nu5EjpRD-iCiRVYgZmBaM8MkzPxO2i3jSOxNA03-Y0SzgQxJrW610OLDCSAGy0Nkt6NlK1dC4tARj3_2nOHxgvdPmP T5p-FE5HFoq-u1JH2PGmq818R1BtMSfSBBq1XyJF7F7quwn1JcGHMN17C4wh2i ZgiWtcDtlOYhyAs-wsw2PPKgBRRDjDvTuVXFreVK_waHMtxBlejBiZBRA-ItFc9BZhjR5K4iWjLyd4cwQRfsz7ASncEy43RFgfKmKbz1esOC iBCjoHx1eAgjmY9D56eSB7yJguUmFJkEvjJgRF7mnOwLJvgdz0 9VpySwgp4Ao-2e8-VO0jtMHWc6BM1xlpdCZZwXNJT8vxk3WVcc-u-Ew1eRYCtkdPigL0RLy3ABVYypaNVk6xCV5rqGllL7U7s6n6E57 zaTnE6EjLroZO5k-6GN3M9Bfq8B2BRosGd_rNKxK-Fru6XZp2-Thdwm9Uzl3hle_1MRutsZgdziGUr7Bafxw7Q=w267-h360-no?authuser=0

56BISON73
04-18-2021, 05:10 AM
https://herosports.com/fcs-football-bracketology-10-playoff-predictions-bzbz/

TAILG8R
04-18-2021, 06:31 AM
https://herosports.com/fcs-football-bracketology-10-playoff-predictions-bzbz/This would be the year we get a bracket full of new teams. Would sum up the spring season perfectly.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Bison 4 Life
04-18-2021, 12:43 PM
We are clearly way too good for this division.

scottietohottie
04-18-2021, 12:45 PM

Were. Now it's just a mess. The talent even realized it and left.

Gully
04-18-2021, 01:04 PM

This would be fantastic.

AKBison
04-18-2021, 01:30 PM

Ya, never gonna happen but would be awesome!

Bisonator98
04-18-2021, 01:52 PM

Welcome to the world of #fcsforever. This is what it will look like going forward if we stay in this pud division.

scottietohottie
04-18-2021, 02:55 PM
I predict the two Matt's finally pull the plug on spring football today. can't say I blame them.

El_Chapo
04-18-2021, 03:17 PM
do we really have to pretend to care about this selection show? this is all new to us

EC8CH
04-18-2021, 03:19 PM
do we really have to pretend to care about this selection show? this is all new to us

I think it'll be fun. For once we deserve whatever they throw at us.

El_Chapo
04-18-2021, 03:21 PM
I think it'll be fun. For once we deserve whatever they throw at us.

Winning a title with our 2nd teamers would be a big FU to this division...thats for dam sure

EC8CH
04-18-2021, 03:22 PM
Winning a title with our 2nd teamers would be a big FU to this division...thats for dam sure

Hell yeah! Let's do this Chapo! NDSU JV vs the field. Who you got Jay Walker?

EC8CH
04-18-2021, 03:38 PM
Oooooo. Duke fans salty right about now. #3 hahaha

Bison 4 Life
04-18-2021, 03:38 PM
I'm rooting for COVID

https://media.tenor.com/images/8009d8651bc9cacdfdb0388886e1b485/tenor.gif

El_Chapo
04-18-2021, 03:41 PM
NDSU > Jax St for that #4 seed. hilarious

MNLonghorn10
04-18-2021, 03:41 PM
Lulz. My favorite in all of this are the 2-0 AQs

heffray
04-18-2021, 03:42 PM
After that I can see them leaving NDSU out...

Bison 4 Life
04-18-2021, 03:44 PM
The chaos agent in me is loving this. I hope they do leave NDSU out. Fuck this, focus on Fall.

TAILG8R
04-18-2021, 03:44 PM
LOL 3-0 Holy Cross. WTF

TAILG8R
04-18-2021, 03:45 PM
Holy Shit SIU is in!

That tells me NDSU may very well be out or MVFC gets 4???

Bison 4 Life
04-18-2021, 03:46 PM
I have seen Holy Cross take out a 1 seed in another tournament. Lets see it this time!

heffray
Holy Shit SIU is in!

That tells me NDSU may very well be out.

Maybe that’s why Jay Walker is so excited...

Kevin
If they leave us out and anyone argues against fbs I will call them a cuck.

Because they like watching us get fucked.

oldmantutters
04-18-2021, 03:47 PM
NDSU has 4 top 25 wins this year, more than any other team

scottietohottie
The chaos agent in me is loving this. I hope they do leave NDSU out. Fuck this, focus on Fall.

I'm laughing that ndsu was the only team dumb enough to play that many games.

oldmantutters
Jay Walker is such a fucking boner

Bison 4 Life
04-18-2021, 03:48 PM
If they leave us out and anyone argues against fbs I will call them a cuck.

Because they like watching us get fucked.

Montana was smart, they might win next year because we were all fucking stupid.

Kevin
Montana was smart, they might win next year because we were all fucking stupid.

I had the same thought. They look good.

scottietohottie

Jack state says hold my beer.

Bison 4 Life
04-18-2021, 03:49 PM

Should have ducked the last game and been #1

Kevin
04-18-2021, 03:49 PM
Dom seems confident we’re getting in.

heffray
04-18-2021, 03:50 PM
I just wanna say that I think it would be insane and wrong if Mo St with a share of the Valley Title gets left out over NDSU...

oldmantutters
Jay Walker is such a fucking boner

Sent from my Pixel 4a using TapatalkEvery fucking time he talks he just reinforces this

EC8CH
If bunnies don't make it to Frisco with that bracket I will laugh my ass off.

heffray
Wow VMI is a tough draw this year. No respect for JMWho. Fuckem.

oldmantutters
04-18-2021, 03:51 PM
If bunnies don't make it to Frisco with that bracket I will laugh my ass off.They won't

scottietohottie
Bahahahaha Bahahahaha Bahahahaha Bahahahaha

Kevin
If bunnies don't make it to Frisco with that bracket I will laugh my ass off.

You know they won’t. Playoff stig is on another level.

It’s in the basement.

TAILG8R
We out. 4 MVFC teams in already and NDSU isn't one of them. Wow, now we can all relax until fall.

Bison 4 Life
04-18-2021, 03:52 PM
That's 3 MVFC at large. I don't think we got it.

TAILG8R
04-18-2021, 03:52 PM
We out. 4 MVFC teams in already and NDSU isn't one of them. Wow, now we can all relax until fall.

WOW take that back. The rest of the country is going to be livid that MVFC gets 5 in in a year where there are only 16 teams in the bracket.

Kevin
04-18-2021, 03:53 PM
Dom still thinks we’re in lol

oldmantutters
Y'all are retards thinking we wouldn't be in. Seriously.

Bison 4 Life
Holy shit, the MVFC never gets this much respect.

heffray
04-18-2021, 03:54 PM
Dom still thinks we’re in lol

Unreal... 4 of the 6 at larges go to MVFC.

Kevin

Please don’t use that word it’s really offensive.

We aren’t southerners

heffray

We rarely get 4 teams in a 24 team field...

oldmantutters
04-18-2021, 03:55 PM
Please don’t use that word it’s really offensive.

We aren’t southernersI don't use it lightly. Like ever. But when the shoe fits

MNLonghorn10
04-18-2021, 03:55 PM
Lmfao

We’re gonna get smoked

Kevin
04-18-2021, 03:56 PM
That would have been the best ndsu to fbs propaganda.

EC8CH
Bottom bracket tougher by far. We deserve it. Let's see what happens.

oldmantutters
That would have been the best ndsu to fbs propaganda. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210418/c25a5d99baea35b88ad0e3baad963a6d.jpg

totoinfl
04-18-2021, 03:57 PM
Lmfao

We’re gonna get smoked

If we thought chasing the Bunnies QB around was no fun...Berrier is going to be a beast.

MN_Moose
04-18-2021, 03:57 PM
Anyone that uses the r word lacks intelligence and adequate comprehension skill.

1998braves64
04-18-2021, 03:58 PM
No way we keep up with ewu with a terrible defense and anemic offense. Are we staying conspiracy that NCAA wanted a new champion this year and stacked the box against NDSU again? :hide:

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Kevin
Odds that zeb takes the first series next week?

El_Chapo

yea. i dont get that

1 bad loss & 17-17 w 5 min left vs #1 seed? derp.derp

fuck EWU. payback everytime we play them for 2010!!

then going to Sam Houston to skull fuck them on thier home field will be perfect

(but yea, barreir will destory us with our secondary)

oldmantutters
Anyone that uses the r word lacks intelligence and adequate comprehension skill.I'll take your opinion under advisement. Thanks for your opinion.

totoinfl
No way we keep up with ewu with a terrible defense and anemic offense. Are we staying conspiracy that NCAA wanted a new champion this year and stacked the box against NDSU again? :hide:

We didn’t earn anything better.

56BISON73
04-18-2021, 04:02 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Truth

If we would have beaten SDSU it would have been a different story.

Kevin
04-18-2021, 04:03 PM
I haven’t seen the bracket. SDSU in Frisco?

oldmantutters
04-18-2021, 04:04 PM
I haven’t seen the bracket. SDSU in Frisco?The possibility is there

EC8CH
04-18-2021, 04:04 PM
The possibility is there

Hilarious if not. Put it that way. Couldn't have been given a more favorable path.

MinotBison
04-18-2021, 04:05 PM
Where can we see the bracket?

kab1one
04-18-2021, 04:06 PM
Lakes, time to go to the EWU fan page. PUMP IT UP and get the verbal banter going.

The Eagle dude will be on Bisonville shortly, so you need to get after it.

MNLonghorn10
Holy cross is going to go all 2006 on SDSU like they did vs Gopher hockey

Bison 4 Life
Anyone that uses the r word lacks intelligence and adequate comprehension skill.

You mean humanity

EC8CH
Shocker. Curt is pissy.

Bison 4 Life
04-18-2021, 04:07 PM
ButtHurt Cignetti tears are delicious.

1998braves64

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkDon't disagree! But if we somehow pull the rabbit out of the hat and get to frisco and would assume sdsu should make it with that bracket (maybe UND gives them fits again??).

Sheesh put a pun in there and didn't even notice! [emoji1787]

heffray
Shocker. Curt is pissy.

What a fucking loser.

BFKasper14
04-18-2021, 04:08 PM
If (and a BIG if) we make it to the championship game, we would potentially have to play 3 teams that would love to get some revenge on NDSU: EWU, SHSU, and JMU.

SDbison
04-18-2021, 04:08 PM
JMU's head coach Cignetti is a Dick. Interviewing him now on Selection Show.

heffray
04-18-2021, 04:09 PM

Yep. No class.

taper
04-18-2021, 04:10 PM
Only a covid cancellation will stop them. Really soft half bracket, though that's somewhat supposed to be the reward for being #1.

EC8CH
If (and a BIG if) we make it to the championship game, we would potentially have to play 3 teams that would love to get some revenge on NDSU: EWU, SHSU, and JMU.

Hahaha. Perfect for this year. Just what the Dr ordered. That Dr is Fauci caused he's heard Longhorn talking shit about him all year.

Kevin
What’s he saying I can’t watch I’m bailing lakes out of jail.

Violated the zeb restraining order. Again.

heffray
04-18-2021, 04:13 PM
What’s he saying I can’t watch I’m bailing lakes out of jail.

Violated the zeb restraining order. Again.

Started off by saying (paraphrasing): “well I want to thank the committee for making my job easier and giving us a reason to play harder... blah blah blah...”

Fuckin dickface.

MNLonghorn10
04-18-2021, 04:14 PM
Hahaha. Perfect for this year. Just what the Dr ordered. That Dr is Fauci caused he's heard Longhorn talking shit about him all year.

What fauci thinks about sdsus bracket

https://media0.giphy.com/media/IheJYR8WjXaUcCd6qP/giphy.gif

Hammerhead
04-18-2021, 04:15 PM
WOW take that back. The rest of the country is going to be livid that MVFC gets 5 in in a year where there are only 16 teams in the bracket.

When I saw Missouri State get in I was really wondering if NDSU would be left out. At least we get our wish for playoff games that aren't blowouts.

Hammerhead
04-18-2021, 04:17 PM

But the ESPN guy loved his chip on the shoulder attitude. It's not like they are hosting any games so who cares where you are seeded?

heffray
04-18-2021, 04:17 PM
When I saw Missouri State get in I was really wondering if NDSU would be left out. At least we get our wish for playoff games that aren't blowouts.

I thought the same thing. Seemed reasonable at the time...

El_Chapo
04-18-2021, 04:20 PM
Lakes, time to go to the EWU fan page. PUMP IT UP and get the verbal banter going.

The Eagle dude will be on Bisonville shortly, so you need to get after it.

ON IT TALKING SMACK ALREADY!

ewu fan thinks Trey Lance is playing. lol.bless their hearts

Obzerver

ReportQuote

Unread post**Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:10 am

Trey Lance is good..real good. Our D will have to get busy...this may be a high scoring game

WhoRepsTheLurker
04-18-2021, 04:21 PM
I like our draw. Jacks are hot. So are the bears. With no non-conference as a gauge, I think people will be surprised by how some of these match-ups shake out. Should be fun.

As for yesterday, everyone knew this was coming. This is the year of the bunnie and I have no problem with that under the circumstances.

Not sure why people are railing on the offense. Zeb got pulled fast and Cam got some much needed reps. Like JJ says, jacks stopped the run but the Bison did not, with missed tackles, a dropped interception, etc. The Bison looked like the team that hadn’t tackled for a month. Nice to have a shot at redemption though. This team is young and it showed yesterday.

oldmantutters
04-18-2021, 04:22 PM
I like our draw. Jacks are hot. So are the bears. With no non-conference as a gauge, I think people will be surprised by how some of these match-ups shake out. Should be fun.

As for yesterday, everyone knew this was coming. This is the year of the bunnie and I have no problem with that under the circumstances.

Not sure why people are railing on the offense. Zeb got pulled fast and Cam got some much needed reps. Like JJ says, jacks stopped the run but the Bison did not, with missed tackles, a dropped interception, etc. The Bison looked like the team that hadn’t tackled for a month. Nice to have a shot at redemption though. This team is young and it showed yesterday.Oh man that dropped interception would have been huge. Gotta have that one!

Three big plays that could have turned the tide. The dropped interception. Miller not leading Watson on that long ball and then the Watson drop.

TAILG8R
04-18-2021, 04:22 PM

Depends on the battle of payoff chokers, SDSU v Weber St.

I'm picking Weber St to end the Bunnies dream season.

kab1one
04-18-2021, 04:24 PM
Probably should get on the JMU board too, tell them you are COMING>

MNLonghorn10
04-18-2021, 04:26 PM
Reporter: Dr fauci- can you tell us what you think of SDSUs chances of winning the championship? It’s a pretty easy road wouldn’t you say?

Dr Fauci: I wouldn’t say it’s easy. In fact I would say it’s tougher than what most other experts would say. If the jackrabbits can follow the guidelines of not turning the ball over, winning the line of scrimmage battle and scoring more points than the other team, then I would say they would have a good or even great chance of winning their games. But until we know those things happen, and let me clarify they have to happen, then when we’re talking about winning that game and also 3 more games, a lot has to happen for those things I just listed a moment ago to align and win a championship.

El_Chapo
04-18-2021, 04:27 PM

Yuppp. and Sam Houston... on it°°

Bison 4 Life
04-18-2021, 04:27 PM

Oh the game's going to be a blowout, just for EWU

EC8CH
04-18-2021, 04:32 PM
Depends on the battle of payoff chokers, SDSU v Weber St.

I'm picking Weber St to end the Bunnies dream season.

That will be most interesting game in top bracket.

EC8CH
04-18-2021, 04:35 PM
Yuppp. and Sam Houston... on it°°

Thanks for your commitment even during this irregular season.

Kevin
04-18-2021, 04:36 PM
Thanks for your commitment even during this irregular season.

What about me? I’m the one who had to front 800 dollars to get him out this morning.

Thank god they accept dogecoin.

EC8CH
04-18-2021, 04:37 PM
Reporter: Dr fauci- can you tell us what you think of SDSUs chances of winning the championship? It’s a pretty easy road wouldn’t you say?

Dr Fauci: I wouldn’t say it’s easy. In fact I would say it’s tougher than what most other experts would say. If the jackrabbits can follow the guidelines of not turning the ball over, winning the line of scrimmage battle and scoring more points than the other team, then I would say they would have a good or even great chance of winning their games. But until we know those things happen, and let me clarify they have to happen, then when we’re talking about winning that game and also 3 more games, a lot has to happen for those things I just listed a moment ago to align and win a championship.

Gym Jordan: What will be their score against Holy Cross. Ma liberties need to know right now what the score will be. Tell me now or ma first amendments will be infringed upon.

ndsubison1
04-18-2021, 04:38 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if Monmouth beat SHSU

EC8CH
04-18-2021, 04:39 PM
What about me? I’m the one who had to front 800 dollars to get him out this morning.

We all know you don't have anything better to do. Lakes on the other hand is a cosmopolitan man with numerous demands on his time.

El_Chapo
04-18-2021, 04:41 PM
ONLY 4675 FANS?? hahahaha. F the NCAA

EC8CH
04-18-2021, 04:51 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if Monmouth beat SHSU

I caught a part of a Monmouth game this year, Kennesaw maybe? They seemed legit

El_Chapo
04-18-2021, 05:10 PM

https://csnbbs.com/thread-920807.html

Im a Moderator there remember!!!

MNLonghorn10
04-18-2021, 05:11 PM
Gym Jordan: What will be their score against Holy Cross. Ma liberties need to know right now what the score will be. Tell me now or ma first amendments will be infringed upon.

Fauci: look Jim. I provide in- game measure guidelines so teams can take my advice on how they will advance in the tournament . I can’t give you a score prediction until the game is over.

roadwarrior
04-18-2021, 05:26 PM
Best news: We don't have to go to Brookings in May

bulldogg
04-18-2021, 05:58 PM
Welcome to the Shenandoah Valley.

tony
04-18-2021, 06:03 PM
Welcome to Harrisonburg.

This is the first year in a decade that NDSU fans won't complain too much about the bracket... gotta worry about our own team. The only hope for a deep run is to outscore teams.

But if you want to complain;

Top side of the bracket: 2 title game appearances (both L's) in the last decade.
Bottom side of the bracket: 15 title game appearances (10 W's) in the last decade.

Bisonator98
04-18-2021, 06:09 PM
Can you imagine the Bison beating EWU, SHSU, JMU and SDSU in the championship? Yeah me either but holy fuck if this team was to do that it would be a huge FU to the FCS and the demand for moving to FBS will get even bigger. Let's do this GO BISON!!!!

oldmantutters
04-18-2021, 06:13 PM
Can you imagine the Bison beating EWU, SHSU, JMU and SDSU in the championship? Yeah me either but holy fuck if this team was to do that it would be a huge FU to the FCS and the demand for moving to FBS will get even bigger. Let's do this GO BISON!!!!

Not yet, but give me a few weeks

bulldogg
04-18-2021, 06:23 PM
This is the first year in a decade that NDSU fans won't complain too much about the bracket... gotta worry about our own team. The only hope for a deep run is to outscore teams.

Top side of the bracket: 2 title game appearances (both L's) in the last decade.
Bottom side of the bracket: 15 title game appearances (10 W's) in the last decade.

Who's complaining? And, I just checked the calendar and 2017 is definitely "in the last decade." And it wasn't an L.

Seriously, I hope we both make it through the quarters and we host you all in the burg. A shame we can't tailgate. The usual JMU gameday experience is a ton of fun.

oldmantutters
04-18-2021, 06:30 PM
Who's complaining? And, I just checked the calendar and 2017 is definitely "in the last decade." And it wasn't an L.

Seriously, I hope we both make it through the quarters and we host you all in the burg. A shame we can't tailgate. The usual JMU gameday experience is a ton of fun.I too like making a mess for others to clean up

El_Chapo
04-18-2021, 06:41 PM

Tony!! Craig Haley didnt even site you as a source..or bisonville. ouch. he posted this 22 minutes after you.
which username is his?

https://twitter.com/CraigHaley/status/1383847093463228419?s=20

roadwarrior
04-18-2021, 07:07 PM
Tony!! Craig Haley didnt even site you as a source..or bisonville. ouch. he posted this 22 minutes after you.
which username is his?

https://twitter.com/CraigHaley/status/1383847093463228419?s=20

Since when do you believe in mentioning sources?

Hammersmith
04-18-2021, 07:08 PM

Seriously, I hope we both make it through the quarters and we host you all in the burg. A shame we can't tailgate. The usual JMU gameday experience is a ton of fun.

LOL. Do you know how to read brackets? Top half of the bracket has the #1 and #4 seeds, bottom half has the #2 and #3. Now which half is JMU in? Doesn't matter that that particular graphic had them left to right.

EC8CH
04-18-2021, 07:14 PM
LOL. Do you know how to read brackets? Top half of the bracket has the #1 and #4 seeds, bottom half has the #2 and #3. Now which half is JMU in? Doesn't matter that that particular graphic had them left to right.

Purple durple is non too smart.

NDSU or EWU would have the toughest road to Frisco needing to go through the most contenders from the past decade. Zero debate about that.

El_Chapo
04-18-2021, 08:40 PM
Since when do you believe in mentioning sources?

im standing for the King....tony.

tony
04-18-2021, 09:14 PM

Well, by bottom of the bracket, I meant the half that has JMU, EWU, NDSU, and Sam Houston State in it - even though it's the right side in the NCAA's printable bracket.

WhoRepsTheLurker
04-18-2021, 10:04 PM
Well, by bottom of the bracket, I meant the half that has JMU, EWU, NDSU, and Sam Houston State in it - even though it's the right side in the NCAA's printable bracket.

Isn’t that what he said?

I guess it depends on what potential semi matchup you like better: JMU/UND/MSU or SDSU/Weber (if we were on the other side). I don't buy Sagarin at all this year and I think both Weber and UD are underrated, while JMU and UND are overrated. I would prefer not to see the bunnies again until Frisco, so I don't mind where we are. If you can't get through EWU or SHU you don't deserve a shot at Frisco ...

EC8CH
04-18-2021, 10:12 PM
Isn’t that what he said?

I guess it depends on what potential semi matchup you like better: JMU/UND/MSU or SDSU/Weber (if we were on the other side). I don't buy Sagarin at all this year and I think both Weber and UD are underrated, while JMU and UND are overrated. I would prefer not to see the bunnies again until Frisco, so I don't mind where we are. If you can't get through EWU or SHU you don't deserve a shot at Frisco ...

Agree about beating EWU and SHSU should be doable for a championship team. Bottom bracket is heavily loaded with the teams who have actually made it to Frisco this past decade. Doesn't necessarily mean everything about their strength this year however.

Hammersmith
04-18-2021, 11:22 PM
Isn’t that what he said?

No.

Tony initially said:

Top side of the (2020-21)bracket: 2 title game appearances (both L's) in the last decade.

Tony is obviously referring to 2014-15 Jacksonville St and 2010-11 Delaware.

Purple came back saying:

And, I just checked the calendar and 2017 is definitely "in the last decade." And it wasn't an L.

Obviously, Purple is referring to JMU's 2016-17 championship. But JMU isn't in the top side of the bracket this year, so his comment makes no sense.

BTW, Purple/bulldogg : JMU :: barney or Hayduke: UND

heffray
04-18-2021, 11:31 PM
...BTW, Purple/bulldogg : JMU :: barney or Hayduke: UND

Yeah, he’s a fucktwat, just ignore him...

tony
04-18-2021, 11:37 PM
Top half of the bracket's record over the last 10 seasons including this one: 484-510
Bottom half of the bracket's record over the last 10 seasons including this one: 680-369

Top half of the bracket's playoff record over the last 10 seasons: 25-21
Bottom half of the bracket's playoff record over the last 10 seasons: 76-27

Of course, NDSU hits whatever side of the bracket they're on like an osmium anvil (NDSU has 11 more playoff wins over the last 10 playoffs than the top half of the bracket combined.)

EC8CH
04-19-2021, 12:01 AM
Top half of the bracket's record over the last 10 seasons including this one: 484-510
Bottom half of the bracket's record over the last 10 seasons including this one: 680-369

Top half of the bracket's record over the last 10 seasons including this one: 25-21
Bottom half of the bracket's record over the last 10 seasons including this one: 76-27

Of course, NDSU hits whatever side of the bracket they're on like an osmium anvil (NDSU has 11 more playoff wins over the last 10 playoffs than the top half of the bracket combined.)

Tony goes and spills the beans about why we always get to bitch about NDSU's side of the bracket always being the toughest.

El_Chapo
04-19-2021, 12:16 AM
tony dropping more stats.. tryin to smoke out who is craig haley on here..

good gooood.

GreenfieldBison
04-19-2021, 12:26 AM

Dogecoin is denominated in dollars?

Huh.

Karen
04-19-2021, 12:45 AM
Craig Haley stats fcs here.

EC8CH
04-19-2021, 12:50 AM
Craig Haley stats fcs here.

I thought so.

oldmantutters
04-19-2021, 12:52 AM
I just assumed bulldogg is Haley

OrygunBison
04-19-2021, 12:54 AM
Welcome to the Shenandoah Valley.

...where the mating call is: "Git in thu truck, sis."

bulldogg
04-19-2021, 01:17 AM

At least we like girls.

southcliffbison
04-19-2021, 01:49 AM

Only if she can see above the rim of the water barrel, and if she can't see out, just cut a little off the bottom.

MangyOldBison
04-19-2021, 05:11 AM
2021 FCS Spring Playoff Poem

Da Nooch Da Nooch Da Nooch Da Nooch
Da Dioux Da Dioux Da Dioux

Da Dioux Da Dioux Da Dioux Da Dioux
Da Nooch Da Nooch Da Nooch

Suck.

:(:(:D:eeek:

EC8CH
04-19-2021, 07:00 AM
2021 FCS Spring Playoff Poem

Da Nooch Da Nooch Da Nooch Da Nooch
Da Dioux Da Dioux Da Dioux

Da Dioux Da Dioux Da Dioux Da Dioux
Da Nooch Da Nooch Da Nooch

Suck.

:(:(:D:eeek:

Might I suggest an alternate ending stanza... Go Bears!

EC8CH
04-19-2021, 07:01 AM
At least we like girls.

Women.... You're supposed to like WOMEN. You creepy Pedo.

gavin2126
04-19-2021, 08:31 AM
Women.... You're supposed to like WOMEN. You creepy Pedo.

Not to mention he’s living in 2021 and thinking that homophobia is cool.

tony
04-19-2021, 10:20 AM
Tony goes and spills the beans about why we always get to bitch about NDSU's side of the bracket always being the toughest.

Bah, I forgot to put the playoff qualifier in front of the bottom W-L totals, but Bisonville posters apparently knew what I meant.

Gully
04-19-2021, 12:34 PM
Bah, I forgot to put the playoff qualifier in front of the bottom W-L totals, but Bisonville posters apparently knew what I meant.

Yet another example of the intelligence Bisonville posters can display :)

Bison 4 Life
04-19-2021, 01:06 PM
I give zero fucks about this season. What I'm looking for massive chaos. I want people to look back on this season 20 years from now and wonder how Missouri State won the national championship.

I just want to watch the world burn.

Kevin
04-19-2021, 01:23 PM
I give zero fucks about this season. What I'm looking for massive chaos. I want people to look back on this season 20 years from now and wonder how Missouri State won the national championship.

i can cosign on this. if it's not us, go bears.

scottietohottie
04-19-2021, 01:33 PM
I pressed star.

Bison Dan
04-19-2021, 01:46 PM

At 25% cap. the playoffs are a huge money loser.

MankatoBison
04-19-2021, 01:54 PM
Unpopular opinion????

I'd cheer for any MVFC team in the natty if we're not in it... except UND but lol, no way they get there.

Even SDSU, honestly. Just makes our rivalry extra spicy which means more fun imo

Kevin
04-19-2021, 01:55 PM
Unpopular opinion????

I'd cheer for any MVFC team in the natty if we're not in it... except UND but lol, no way they get there.

Even SDSU, honestly. Just makes our rivalry extra spicy which means more fun imo

I felt the same about SDSU until I saw the post game celebration.

Now I'm looking forward to the annual playoff meltdown more than usual.

The_Sicatoka
04-19-2021, 02:20 PM
At 25% cap. the playoffs are a huge money loser.

Let the local health authorities, who know local situations far better, declare the limits. Nope, the NCAA can't do that.

El_Chapo
04-19-2021, 02:21 PM
Petrino vs Bubba? bahaha

Weber beats SDSU in 2nd round.

Monmouths RB puts up 250/3 tds & beats SHSU & gives NDSU another home game

TransAmBison
04-19-2021, 02:34 PM
Petrino vs Bubba? bahaha

Monmouths RB puts up 250/3 tds & beats SHSU & gives NDSU another home gameI think Weber beats SDSU. No doubt in my mind on that one. SHSU will cruise through their game...no doubt on that one either.

AKBison
04-19-2021, 02:47 PM

I am 100% on this bandwagon. Go Bears!

totoinfl
04-19-2021, 03:05 PM

I am good with SIU too...took the initiative to schedule another game to bolster their resume and it paid off...

Bison 4 Life
04-19-2021, 03:08 PM

Or Davidson, or Monmouth, or VMI

I'm talking maximum chaos.

Hammerhead
04-19-2021, 03:11 PM
In my mind any championship for the spring season will have an asterisk unless NDSU happens to win it all. :)

roadwarrior
04-19-2021, 03:14 PM
The biggest question is whether any teams will get taken out by the virus. Double max chaos.

The_Sicatoka
04-19-2021, 03:34 PM
The biggest question is whether any teams will get taken out by the virus. Double max chaos.

In the 16-team hockey bracket a month ago:
- St. Lawrence (AQ) failed before the Monday deadline and was replaced by AQ game loser Quinnipiac
- Notre Dame failed on-site testing at the East Region (Boston College was advanced)
- Michigan failed on-site testing at the West Region (UM-Duluth was advanced)

The over and under is three.
Can football do better (worse?) than that?

EDIT: How'd I forget UMass had four players out (per protocol; top goalie, top scorer, two role guys) for the National Semis but got them back for Championship game. They literally drove from Amherst, MA, to Pittsburgh on the Friday between semis and championship. So I guess the O/U should be 3.5.

Professor Chaos
04-19-2021, 03:47 PM
In the 16-team hockey bracket a month ago:
- St. Lawrence (AQ) failed before the Monday deadline and was replaced by AQ game loser Quinnipiac
- Notre Dame failed on-site testing at the East Region (Boston College was advanced)
- Michigan failed on-site testing at the West Region (UM-Duluth was advanced)

The over and under is three.
Can football do better (worse?) than that?
A lot fewer players and staff on a hockey team than on a football team and the hockey tournament only spanned two weekends (with a break in between) compared to 4 for football. I hope fewer than 3 games are impacted in the FCS playoffs but the odds are against it I'd say.

Bison 4 Life
04-19-2021, 03:53 PM

https://i.gifer.com/jH1.gif

Twincitybizon
04-19-2021, 04:00 PM
Petrino vs Bubba? bahaha

Monmouths RB puts up 250/3 tds & beats SHSU & gives NDSU another home game

I hate agreeing with u.... But all these things seem possible...lol