PDA

View Full Version : UN_ Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Kevin
03-20-2021, 10:29 PM
1) A rose by any other name still sucks shit.
2) Hunter is a beast and the beast should be the feature back here on out. That first carry set the tone.
3) Zeb is not good but the staff needs to trust Cam to throw. We need to see what the kid can actually do. There's been glimpses of good things there. That dart he threw on one foot, even though it was out of bounds, made everyone at my watch party perk up.
4) Lakes is a terrible judge of talent and I'm glad that his future role of AD will be limited purely to scheduling and moving up to the FBS.
5) Defense is solid. I hope Hankey is okay. I love our secondary.
6) Nice day for the special teams. Crosa was steady but someone needs to teach the kid the whole "curls for the girls" gym routine.
7) I hope Kobe's ok. Getting really thin at running back.
8) We're going to win the NC and throw exactly 3 times in the process.
9) SDSU took out SIU today. Thanks little brother. See you guys in a few weeks.
10) KVLY is bad and should feel bad.

Kevin
03-20-2021, 10:32 PM
11) I thought TR called a good game with the exception of a few drives. Zeb just failed to execute early. Still concerned about Watson's hands.
12) I haven't seen anyone run as hard as Hunter did since TR himself. The OL dominated and a few of those pile pushes were demoralizing.
13) Actually thought the refs called an awesome game. Let both sides play a bit.

heffray
03-20-2021, 10:32 PM
1) A rose by any other name still sucks shit.
2) Hunter is a beast and the beast should be the feature back here on out. That first carry set the tone.
3) Zeb is not good but the staff needs to trust Cam to throw. We need to see what the kid can actually do. There's been glimpses of good things there. That dart he threw on one foot, even though it was out of bounds, made everyone at my watch party perk up.
4) Lakes is a terrible judge of talent and I'm glad that his future role of AD will be limited purely to scheduling and moving up to the FBS.
5) Defense is solid. I hope Hankey is okay. I love our secondary.
6) Nice day for the special teams. Crosa was steady but someone needs to teach the kid the whole "curls for the girls" gym routine.
7) I hope Kobe's ok. Getting really thin at running back.
8) We're going to win the NC and throw exactly 3 times in the process.
9) SDSU took out SIU today. Thanks little brother. See you guys in a few weeks.
10) KVLY is bad and should feel bad.

I love you and when this is over we should get an apartment together.

WeAreThePride
03-20-2021, 10:33 PM
Hunter Leupke is a fucking MACHINE.
Why Zeb? Did Cam get hurt?
Lakes sucks.

Kevin
03-20-2021, 10:34 PM
Hunter Leupke is a fucking MACHINE.
Why Zeb? Did Cam get hurt?
Lakes sucks.

Cam dinged his wrist on TR's worst play call of the game.

EC8CH
Kev, we are friends again. Agree with all 13 points.

barnwintersportsengelstad
Tip my hat.

heffray
03-20-2021, 10:36 PM
Tip my hat.

Touché......

EC8CH
Tip my hat.

Slip right on otta here loser. You know what it means to slip don't you?

Kevin
Kev, we are friends again. Agree with all 13 points.

14) The DNC stole the election using rigged voting machines made by Chy-nah.

Kevin
03-20-2021, 10:37 PM
Tip my hat.

I'm sure this doesn't feel very good.

It'll feel worse in the playoffs.

bison22
03-20-2021, 10:38 PM
Did UND cover the spread?!?!?

Kevin
03-20-2021, 10:39 PM

Not very well. I think their LB's were out of position most of the game they're lucky we kept it in tight because Zeb can't make more than one read while throwing downfield.

bruinbison
03-20-2021, 10:39 PM
Crosa was steady but someone needs to teach the kid the whole
"curls for the girls" gym routine.

Kevin watches Young Sheldon!
:nod:

Kevin
03-20-2021, 10:40 PM
Kevin watches Young Sheldon!:nod:

Kevin does not.

Kevin hates laugh tracks.

EC8CH
03-20-2021, 10:41 PM

Unless it was with the shit that is their defense, no.

Professor Chaos
03-20-2021, 10:41 PM
Hunter Leupke for President! O-line did work today also... best game they've played by far this spring.

Still don't feel good about the QB situation... I'd like to see Cam take the reins full-time but gotta give Zeb some credit for coming back at the end of the first half, standing in the face of the rush, and making a great throw to Watson that really opened the game up. I don't think they can count on not having to throw the ball at all going forward like they did in the 2nd half today.

Kevin
03-20-2021, 10:46 PM
I'm curious how we keep getting such stud TE's to commit considering we refuse to utilize them in any meaningful way YEAR AFTER YEAR.

EC8CH
03-20-2021, 10:46 PM
I'm curious how we keep getting such stud TE's to commit considering we refuse to utilize them in any meaningful way YEAR AFTER YEAR.

Pancakes. They eat fucking pancakes.

bruinbison
03-20-2021, 10:48 PM
Kevin watches Young Sheldon!
:nod:

MeeMaw says Kevin reminds her of Georgie all grown up!!!

IzzyFlexion
03-20-2021, 10:50 PM
Cumulative score over the last 3 games:

Bison: 106
Susies: 29

bison22
03-20-2021, 10:50 PM
Not very well. I think their LB's were out of position most of the game they're lucky we kept it in tight because Zeb can't make more than one read while throwing downfield.

Lol perfect response

bisoningrandforks
03-20-2021, 10:51 PM
Im not getting to comfortable with uni and the rabbits coming soon!

Kevin
03-20-2021, 10:52 PM
UNI sucks their own kind of shit.

SDSU will always be a tough game.

bruinbison
03-20-2021, 10:56 PM

Ben Ellefson in the NFL should help.
NFL always looking for TE’s who are willing & can block.
Two TE’s blocking against Fighting Hawks 3-4 D......:hungry:
4 TE receptions today - plus a couple more targets

Bison Dan
03-20-2021, 11:12 PM
Left 2 TD's on the floor with Zeb's lob pass to Watson which if he throws a straight line pass it's a easy TD. The second interception the WR is open but he throws it right to the CD. What happen to this physical team of the Hawks???????

El_Chapo
03-20-2021, 11:12 PM
sure glad BUBBA threw 12 offers at HS players this week.... smart if he wanted until next week they wouldn't of picked up the phone.

what a douche

barnwintersportsengelstad
03-20-2021, 11:15 PM
How bad is Hankey hurt?

Hansel
03-20-2021, 11:16 PM
Need a “caption this” thread with a photo of Weah giving the horns down after his touchdown

NDSU92
03-20-2021, 11:16 PM
Loved Otis (No)Weah’s horns down TD celebration

Made every second of the next 44 minutes even sweeter somehow

NDSU92
03-20-2021, 11:17 PM
Need a “caption this” thread with a photo of Weah giving the horns down after his touchdown

Beat me to it, I’m sure the young man learned today that those celebrations are best saved for games you score more than once lol

tony
03-20-2021, 11:21 PM
I heard this game has pushed back WHEN THEY WERE KINGS 2's production back a couple weeks.

Hansel
03-20-2021, 11:24 PM
I heard this game has pushed back WHEN THEY WERE KINGS 2's production back a couple weeks.

McFeeley will need new material next week

EC8CH
03-20-2021, 11:28 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/52iq4u.jpg

Never fails.

Douche profile pic is just *chefskiss.gif*

Gully
03-20-2021, 11:38 PM
McFeeley will need new material next week

He was 100% wrong on how this game played out. He absolutely couldn't have been more wrong. Of course I don't think he'll learn any humility and will come up with more outrageous crap and yell it out confidently.

IzzyFlexion
03-20-2021, 11:39 PM
T K Marshall got a touch late in the game.....no gain.

SafeTeeJ
03-20-2021, 11:42 PM
Loved Otis (No)Weah’s horns down TD celebration

Made every second of the next 44 minutes even sweeter somehow

Otis, my man! He loves us!

EC8CH
03-20-2021, 11:44 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/52irqt.jpg

KSBisonFan
03-20-2021, 11:44 PM
Only 3 penalties for 25 yards today. Really nice job considering our youth. Exciting to see the young studs we have in the pipeline. Our O-line manned up today.
Hope Cam, Hankey and Kobe are ok. Kobe being on crutches doesn't sound good.

23Bison
03-20-2021, 11:46 PM
Just got done crying. So happy that we have a football team again, well most of one anyway (Zeb :banghead:). If we had a glimmer of a passing game we’d be unstoppable.

NDSU92
03-20-2021, 11:48 PM

Must spread rep.

Just stop, my joy is too much right now

EC8CH
03-20-2021, 11:49 PM

Get yours now for 1/2 of a "I'm with stupid" couples Halloween costume!

SafeTeeJ
03-20-2021, 11:54 PM

Two words:
Priceless!

Snowgoose
03-20-2021, 11:57 PM
If Cam is hurt do u think und would lend us their punter for our QB rotation as he throws a nice ball.

EC8CH
03-20-2021, 11:58 PM
Two words:
Priceless!

Not true. These are now going for 5¢ a piece.

gavin2126
03-20-2021, 11:59 PM

https://media1.giphy.com/media/BYhoMtJMQsYVy/giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TAILG8R
03-21-2021, 12:05 AM
How bad is Hankey hurt?

Concussion

Professor Chaos
03-21-2021, 12:07 AM
Only 3 penalties for 25 yards today. Really nice job considering our youth. Exciting to see the young studs we have in the pipeline. Our O-line manned up today.
Hope Cam, Hankey and Kobe are ok. Kobe being on crutches doesn't sound good.
They did get the benefit of some very tight whistles also. I think the pass on that fake punt is called PI 9 times out of 10. But it's not like the tight whistles didn't go both ways... particularly on the first INT when targeting should've been called for the hit on Watson and on UND's holding o-line.

TAILG8R
03-21-2021, 12:08 AM
They did get the benefit of some very tight whistles also. I think the pass on that fake punt is called PI 9 times out of 10. But it's not like the tight whistles didn't go both ways... particularly on the first INT when targeting should've been called for the hit on Watson and on UND's holding o-line.

Can't have PI on the gunner on a punt. Which not many know, including myself until today, so I am sure that will be one of the biggest talking points regarding bad refs today by teh hockies fans.

Rule 7-3-8-c states that “when a team’s potential kicker, from scrimmage kick formation, simulates a scrimmage kick by throwing the ball high and deep and contact by a (defensive) player occurs,” it is not interference.

bisonaudit
03-21-2021, 12:32 AM
Entz: “I vote in the coaches poll. I didn’t put us in the top 25.”

EC8CH
03-21-2021, 12:38 AM
Entz: “I vote in the coaches poll. I didn’t put us in the top 25.”

Awesome. Entz earns respect.

Professor Chaos
03-21-2021, 12:39 AM
Can't have PI on the gunner on a punt. Which no many know, including myself until today, so I am sure that will be one of the biggest talking points regarding bad refs today by teh hockies fans.

Rule 7-3-8-c states that “when a team’s potential kicker, from scrimmage kick formation, simulates a scrimmage kick by throwing the ball high and deep and contact by a (defensive) player occurs,” it is not interference.
Good to know.... so was just a really dumb play call. :)

NDSU92
03-21-2021, 12:42 AM
Might’ve been covered earlier but how in the fuck was that not targeting on the deep ball to Watson which got “picked off” in the “end zone”. Should’ve been 14-0 homie

Even if it was clean, the whole “momentum took me into the end zone” bit is a little rich.

Maybe I shouldn’t complain, the momentum from that game is taking me down the street to Scruffies and Ringoooooos

Bisonwinagn
03-21-2021, 12:45 AM
Will be interesting to see if UND can beat YSU next week. Third road game in a row after a physical game wouldn't be surprised if they lose.
After UNI's loss it's back to NDSU and SDSU.

Zeb needs to get better and can't miss wide open TD's.

Hammerhead
03-21-2021, 12:56 AM

From what I could see on the highlights, it was more of an evil eye curse from Sophia on The Golden Girls with his fingers pointing forward than a horns down gesture. :)

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/7e/57/1e/7e571e09ddddcc9b28e62406d18a7835.jpg

EC8CH
03-21-2021, 12:57 AM
From what I could see on the highlights, it was more of an evil eye curse from Sophia on The Golden Girls with his fingers pointing forward than a horns down gesture. :)

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/7e/57/1e/7e571e09ddddcc9b28e62406d18a7835.jpg

I bought tickets to the golden girls muppet show thanks to you.

ZHerd
03-21-2021, 12:58 AM
Some real positives in the game. Seriously though Zeb stinks. Unless he Massively improves (which I see none yet) this really dampens my excitement for next fall. Our ceiling is low for this offense with our qb play. If a defense can stop our run game we have no offense.

Bison 4 Life
03-21-2021, 01:01 AM
I think like I said in the GDT about Zeb. He's ordinary. He doesn't do anything to really increase our chances to win the game, he certainly screws the pooch in inopportune times.

Not sure Cam kills it but right now we have what we have.

All things being equal, if Zeb could stop hurting more than he doesn't help, he would be fine.

NDSU92
03-21-2021, 01:07 AM
I think like I said in the GDT about Zeb. He's ordinary. He doesn't do anything to really increase our chances to win the game, he certainly screws the pooch in inopportune times.

Not sure Cam kills it but right now we have what we have.

All things being equal, if Zeb could stop hurting more than he doesn't help, he would be fine.

Yep Zeb throws a lot of 50/50 balls. Either 25 yards or a pick. Not exactly how our offense works. He isn’t terrible but I would love to see Cam because I think he might have a higher ceiling.

At the end of the day, don’t hate the idea of having two capable QBs if one gets injured in the playoffs. More than most spring teams can say

OrygunBison
03-21-2021, 01:15 AM
Zeb clearly has video of Entz blowing a tranny or something because I have no other explanation for him getting these minutes.

Kevin
03-21-2021, 01:23 AM
Also I’m calling bullshit on zeb being 225.

315 at least.

bison22
03-21-2021, 01:25 AM
That was Siouxper disappointing. Especially for this game being their Siouxper Bowl.

Bison 4 Life
03-21-2021, 01:26 AM
Yep Zeb throws a lot of 50/50 balls. Either 25 yards or a pick. Not exactly how our offense works. He isn’t terrible but I would love to see Cam because I think he might have a higher ceiling.

At the end of the day, don’t hate the idea of having two capable QBs if one gets injured in the playoffs. More than most spring teams can say

I don't know what Hedberg has been teaching him but he needs more line drive ropes. Everything was a lollipop today. Cam came in and threw darts.

OrygunBison
03-21-2021, 01:26 AM
He also poops turds the size of Lakes.

OrygunBison
03-21-2021, 01:31 AM
Neither of or QBs played well today. That's part of why the results are fun for me. If Cam at some point starts a game, I would think he'd develop faster. Unfortunately, what we see from Zeb is about all he has. Not sure what coaches are seeing. Just hearing the cheers on TV whe Cam came in was telling.

Professor Chaos
03-21-2021, 01:34 AM
Neither of or QBs played well today. That's part of why the results are fun for me. If Cam at some point starts a game, I would think he'd develop faster. Unfortunately, what we see from Zeb is about all he has. Not sure what coaches are seeing. Just hearing the cheers on TV whe Cam came in was telling.
Yeah, Cam was noticeably slow getting the ball out when they let him throw... like he didn't trust his eyes and was overthinking things. Still its a lot easier to live with those kind of mistakes from a true freshman as compared to a 5th year senior.

And Sundell needs to stop snapping it 7' high to Cam.

56BISON73
03-21-2021, 01:37 AM
The supposed fighting hawks have very thin skin today. I just got banned for 6 days and was given 1 penalty point which NEVER goes away for posting this----

Look who comes out of nowhere. Bison Dan gonna post next?

Dont know. I was fishing all day, saw the score so figured I would stop in and take in the unbiased commentary.

:rofl:

gavin2126
03-21-2021, 01:47 AM
Will be interesting to see if UND can beat YSU next week. Third road game in a row after a physical game wouldn't be surprised if they lose.
After UNI's loss it's back to NDSU and SDSU.

Zeb needs to get better and can't miss wide open TD's.

Penguins won’t be easy for them. They look to be quickly improving each week and put up a good performance against the Coyotes today.

El_Chapo
03-21-2021, 01:47 AM
not a Rivalry, no one cared. we will move on like it was WIU

td577
03-21-2021, 02:01 AM
Must suck for the f'n hawks to completely sell out to win this spring and then lose that badly.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

siouxfan512
03-21-2021, 02:06 AM
ok well, I'm not too big to come post my post game thoughts, after posting my pre-game thoughts. All observations and predictions were made on the previous 4 weeks. NDSU looked like a far different team, as did UND.

Frankly, I don't understand what UND's game plan was. It didn't align with what was working so far this season, and whatever the plan was they didn't execute it. I would have fed Otis the ball more than we did.

Where has your O-Line been? They looked like a top end unit today, and Luepke was a dude. Together, they will do some damage going forward.

Noland is not a good QB. He had 1 or 2 nice passes all day, but as a veteran guy he is just not impressive. Hard to measure Cam Miller off of this game.

I'm sure there will be a lot of overreactions to this game, but I think the truth is in between the overreactions. UND is not quite to the point they have showed thus far. NDSU is not as bad as they looked thus far. That being said, UND is not a bad team if we look at the whole product of the season. More is needed to determine this. How do we bounce back. How do we play on the road against Youngstown. Ultimately where do we finish the season. NDSU is still not to the level they have been in the past. QB will limit them, but other than that, I didn't see much of a drop off in any other area, at least not today. Again, how does this team finish the season ... SDSU will be tough.

As a fan, it is certainly frustrating to see UND drop an opportunity like this in the fashion they did, but its football and that happens. Its not a game I wanted to see us lose, but at the end of the day UND is 4-1 with some solid wins, which is far better than most would have expected pre-season. So again, can we finish strong or do we fall apart; time will tell.

I still don't understand Entz, and frankly I just don't like the guy. I liked Bohl and Kliemann, but Entz just seems like a jerk ... maybe I'm wrong. Seemed like he started going away from the run for a bit, and almost let UND back into the game for a moment. Not that it mattered, it didn't take much to outcoach Bubba today.

Anyhow, well done today. I'm sure you all enjoyed the ass kicking. I'd say best of luck, but lets be honest .....:irslow:

scottietohottie
03-21-2021, 02:11 AM
Also I’m calling bullshit on zeb being 225.

315 at least.

Has he ever met Jim Kramer? Seriously?

Jim Puetz
03-21-2021, 02:40 AM
I don't post much, so I'll get shit for this; but Lakes/El Chapo knows absolutely nothing about football. The Bison were young/inexperienced to start this bullshit Spring season, but in the two most important aspects of football - the O and D line of scrimmage the Bison have matured and are playing better game to game. The Bison have had great QB's through their history, but what's made them dominant at any point in time is the studs they have had on the line. If the O and D line continue to improve, the Bison will be fine whoever is at QB. And if Lakes/El Chapo has a problem with this post, or any other post, he can suck his own ass and shut the fuck up.

PlrbrBison
03-21-2021, 02:44 AM
ok well, I'm not too big to come post my post game thoughts, after posting my pre-game thoughts. All observations and predictions were made on the previous 4 weeks. NDSU looked like a far different team, as did UND.

Frankly, I don't understand what UND's game plan was. It didn't align with what was working so far this season, and whatever the plan was they didn't execute it. I would have fed Otis the ball more than we did.

Where has your O-Line been? They looked like a top end unit today, and Luepke was a dude. Together, they will do some damage going forward.

Noland is not a good QB. He had 1 or 2 nice passes all day, but as a veteran guy he is just not impressive. Hard to measure Cam Miller off of this game.

I'm sure there will be a lot of overreactions to this game, but I think the truth is in between the overreactions. UND is not quite to the point they have showed thus far. NDSU is not as bad as they looked thus far. That being said, UND is not a bad team if we look at the whole product of the season. More is needed to determine this. How do we bounce back. How do we play on the road against Youngstown. Ultimately where do we finish the season. NDSU is still not to the level they have been in the past. QB will limit them, but other than that, I didn't see much of a drop off in any other area, at least not today. Again, how does this team finish the season ... SDSU will be tough.

As a fan, it is certainly frustrating to see UND drop an opportunity like this in the fashion they did, but its football and that happens. Its not a game I wanted to see us lose, but at the end of the day UND is 4-1 with some solid wins, which is far better than most would have expected pre-season. So again, can we finish strong or do we fall apart; time will tell.

I still don't understand Entz, and frankly I just don't like the guy. I liked Bohl and Kliemann, but Entz just seems like a jerk ... maybe I'm wrong. Seemed like he started going away from the run for a bit, and almost let UND back into the game for a moment. Not that it mattered, it didn't take much to outcoach Bubba today.

Anyhow, well done today. I'm sure you all enjoyed the ass kicking. I'd say best of luck, but lets be honest .....:irslow:

Thanks for coming back. Very nice post. UND has a good team this year. You are very accurate in your comments about NDSU football this year. QB is a big question and I hope we can keep Luepke healthy, this was his first game this year and what a difference he made in our offense.
I'll keep watching UND to see if this was just a bump in the road or if this loss negatively affects the teams confidence.

EC8CH
03-21-2021, 02:45 AM
I still don't understand Entz, and frankly I just don't like the guy. I liked Bohl and Kliemann, but Entz just seems like a jerk ... maybe I'm wrong. Seemed like he started going away from the run for a bit, and almost let UND back into the game for a moment.

I absolutely love your coach. I think he's a great guy, real straight shooter with a brilliant football mind. Guy just exudes youth and energy. Must really connect with college aged kids. I know you guys just extended his contract, but if it isn't lifetime it isn't long enough.

HerdBot
03-21-2021, 02:48 AM
What a game! Just like we've been saying all year. We need a bigger running back to compliment the speed backs. The O-line and TE blocking was incredible

Kevin
03-21-2021, 02:48 AM
I don't post much, so I'll get shit for this; but Lakes/El Chapo knows absolutely nothing about football. The Bison were young/inexperienced to start this bullshit Spring season, but in the two most important aspects of football - the O and D line of scrimmage the Bison have matured and are playing better game to game. The Bison have had great QB's through their history, but what's made them dominant at any point in time is the studs they have had on the line. If the O and D line continue to improve, the Bison will be fine whoever is at QB. And if Lakes/El Chapo has a problem with this post, or any other post, he can suck his own ass and shut the fuck up.

Oddly what you just said is pretty close to what lakes thinks.

siouxfan512
03-21-2021, 02:53 AM
Thanks for coming back. Very nice post. UND has a good team this year. You are very accurate in your comments about NDSU football this year. QB is a big question and I hope we can keep Luepke healthy, this was his first game this year and what a difference he made in our offense.
I'll keep watching UND to see if this was just a bump in the road or if this loss negatively affects the teams confidence.

I was surprised that with some of the questions at RB that I hadn't even heard luepke's name thrown around. I get the injury, but was there speculation as to when he would be back or was this a surprise. Either way, the kid is a load! Very impressed in him, and will be interested to see what he can do.

Professor Chaos
03-21-2021, 02:54 AM
Worth pointing out that true freshman Grey Zabel came in at RG right before the long drive that iced the Illinois St game and then played pretty much the whole game today there today. That's a pretty interesting coincidence I thought... I think we've got a real good one in young Mr Zabel.

siouxfan512
03-21-2021, 02:57 AM
I absolutely love your coach. I think he's a great guy, real straight shooter with a brilliant football mind. Guy just exudes youth and energy. Must really connect with college aged kids. I know you guys just extended his contract, but if it isn't lifetime it isn't long enough.

I've heard great things about Bubba and what people think of him. He must be a nice guy, and seems like he really cares about the kids. Kind of a cool photo posted pregame the other week of him and Hunter Pinke having a sideline chat before the game when the teams were in the locker room.

That being said, his interview are the most boring I've ever heard. Would be nice to see a little more emotion. I was not for the extension at the time, but if he can continue what he started this season and build off of it, then who am I to argue.

EC8CH
Worth pointing out that true freshman Grey Zabel has came in at RG right before the long drive that iced the Illinois St game and then played pretty much the whole game today there today. That's a pretty interesting coincidence I thought... I think we've got a real good one in young Mr Zabel.

Who is he replacing?

siouxfan512
Worth pointing out that true freshman Grey Zabel has came in at RG right before the long drive that iced the Illinois St game and then played pretty much the whole game today there today. That's a pretty interesting coincidence I thought... I think we've got a real good one in young Mr Zabel.

He was a stud today!

EC8CH
03-21-2021, 02:59 AM
I've heard great things about Bubba and what people think of him. He must be a nice guy, and seems like he really cares about the kids. Kind of a cool photo posted pregame the other week of him and Hunter Pinke having a sideline chat before the game when the teams were in the locker room.

That being said, his interview are the most boring I've ever heard. Would be nice to see a little more emotion. I was not for the extension at the time, but if he can continue what he started this season and build off of it, then who am I to argue.

I mean take advice from a fan base who knows, lock that stud down now before the FBS ADs started ringing his flip phone.

Professor Chaos
03-21-2021, 03:01 AM
Who is he replacing?
Zach Kubas i believe. He didn't play today so assuming he's still injured since he didn't play last week either after starting the first 4 games of the season.

DCBison
03-21-2021, 03:11 AM
Professor, were you at the game today? Do you have an opinion on how Weerts looked at mlb?

Professor Chaos
03-21-2021, 03:24 AM
Professor, were you at the game today? Do you have an opinion on how Weerts looked at mlb?
Yeah, I was. I thought he looked pretty good after Hankey went out but I didn't notice him much (probably since NDSU's defense wasn't on the field much in the 2nd half :)). He seems like he plays really fast.... not as crafty and instinctive as Hankey (yet) but tons of physical ability. I recall one play where it looked like he jumped the wrong gap but was quick enough to get around the o-lineman and trip up the RB before he could get to the hole that Weerts had just vacated.

PlrbrBison
03-21-2021, 03:36 AM
I was surprised that with some of the questions at RB that I hadn't even heard luepke's name thrown around. I get the injury, but was there speculation as to when he would be back or was this a surprise. Either way, the kid is a load! Very impressed in him, and will be interested to see what he can do.

I think he has remained as the starting FB on the roster all year even though he hasn't played until today. His name comes up a fair amount on Bisonville, especially since we haven't had a big back to run up the gut this year. We have smaller, fast RBs with Bussey and Johnson, but Wilson is out and Cofield and Clark gone so been lacking a bigger back. Luepke turns out to be more than we could hope for.

Bison56
03-21-2021, 03:40 AM

I'm happy for ya.

IndyBison
03-21-2021, 03:55 AM
Can't have PI on the gunner on a punt. Which no many know, including myself until today, so I am sure that will be one of the biggest talking points regarding bad refs today by teh hockies fans.

Rule 7-3-8-c states that “when a team’s potential kicker, from scrimmage kick formation, simulates a scrimmage kick by throwing the ball high and deep and contact by a (defensive) player occurs,” it is not interference.I knew that. [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

EC8CH
03-21-2021, 04:03 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/52jey3.jpg

Caption this.

Kevin
03-21-2021, 04:04 AM

Caption this.

Deserves its own thread tbh.

EC8CH
03-21-2021, 04:11 AM

Caption this.

Ottis never could quite get the hang of the UN_ salute.

Twincitybizon
03-21-2021, 04:13 AM
Yeah, I was. I thought he looked pretty good after Hankey went out but I didn't notice him much (probably since NDSU's defense wasn't on the field much in the 2nd half :)). He seems like he plays really fast.... not as crafty and instinctive as Hankey (yet) but tons of physical ability. I recall one play where it looked like he jumped the wrong gap but was quick enough to get around the o-lineman and trip up the RB before he could get to the hole that Weerts had just vacated.

Seemed a bit hesitant when I followed him a couple plays. But when he pulled the trigger... Wow athleticism and speed for days. Like you said may have jumped the wrong gap on a play but just flashed through the line

Kevin
03-21-2021, 04:14 AM
Deserves its own thread tbh.

Ottis shares his thoughts on Bisonville legend MNLonghorn.

EC8CH
03-21-2021, 04:19 AM

Caption this.

Raise your hand if you won't be getting into the end zone again today.

EC8CH
03-21-2021, 04:21 AM

Caption this.

Can you show us what Kev looks like with his pants down.

Damn! That's a big camel toe.

EC8CH
03-21-2021, 04:30 AM

Caption this.

Sign language for: "Play us in Hockey"

MNLonghorn10
03-21-2021, 04:31 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210321/46d0d206e7ec3b4b53abf84bafa0fa0a.jpg
https://media2.giphy.com/media/Zw3oBUuOlDJ3W/giphy.gif

Kevin
03-21-2021, 04:33 AM
I kinda want to run it in reverse and set it to that terrible fucking "get your horns up" shit that kvly assaults my ears with every weekend but am lazy.

EC8CH
03-21-2021, 04:36 AM

This kinda shit never gets old.

Professor Chaos
03-21-2021, 04:37 AM
Sooner or later someone is going to be right when they say the run is over but...

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/41/3c/13/413c13f58f972dc391060dc424d1730b.gif

EC8CH
03-21-2021, 04:38 AM

Caption this.

And with that, Ottis hexed UN_'s extra point kicker.

Hammerhead
03-21-2021, 04:39 AM

Caption this.

Sophia did it better.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/26/a2/bd/26a2bde2ca8f53f37b1d36d33261fbe7.jpg

Kevin
03-21-2021, 04:41 AM
I'm here to taunt prematurely and score touchdowns.

.....And I'm all outta touchdowns.

EC8CH
03-21-2021, 04:42 AM

Must spread rep.

They Live!

Kevin
03-21-2021, 04:43 AM
"Before this game is over I will be outrushed by an injured fullback."

EC8CH
03-21-2021, 04:47 AM

The run was over... Their D line.

Kevin
03-21-2021, 05:01 AM

Caption this.

This was actually about the Longhorn basketball team, not the Bison.

Makes a lot more sense now.

NDSUSR
03-21-2021, 07:22 AM
Thats some cold shit right there.

WeAreThePride
03-21-2021, 09:26 AM

Perfection.

scottietohottie
03-21-2021, 12:04 PM
5 cents richer.

cbline
03-21-2021, 12:06 PM
The Bison were like Steve Austin on the old "Six Million Dollar Man" Tv show: Better, faster, stronger.

WeAreThePride
03-21-2021, 12:13 PM
The Bison were like Steve Austin on the old "Six Million Dollar Man" Tv show: Better, faster, stronger.

Leupke was, hell, pick an analogy. The catalyst. The spark plug. The missing piece. Any and all superlative adjectives.

The team that got its lunch handed to it at SIU doesn't win another game. The team that played yesterday doesn't lose again to FCS competition.

Bison Dan
03-21-2021, 12:21 PM
Leupke was, hell, pick an analogy. The catalyst. The spark plug. The missing piece. Any and all superlative adjectives.

The team that got its lunch handed to it at SIU doesn't win another game. The team that played yesterday doesn't lose again to FCS competition.

I'm hoping Cam gets a lot more playing time next week. We're going to need him.

sbark
03-21-2021, 12:35 PM
I'm hoping Cam gets a lot more playing time next week. We're going to need him.

Did Cam ding his wrist, hand a bit late 1st half....seemed as if favoring it..... Then was surprised he didn't get in 2nd half.

PlrbrBison
03-21-2021, 12:42 PM
Did Cam ding his wrist, hand a bit late 1st half....seemed as if favoring it..... Then was surprised he didn't get in 2nd half.

That's what I saw. Hopefully it isn't a long term injury.

Mr Meaty
03-21-2021, 01:45 PM
Worth pointing out that true freshman Grey Zabel came in at RG right before the long drive that iced the Illinois St game and then played pretty much the whole game today there today. That's a pretty interesting coincidence I thought... I think we've got a real good one in young Mr Zabel.

Post game Phil Hansen said a Abel should not come off the field. He is the real deal.

NDSU1980
03-21-2021, 02:02 PM
The supposed fighting hawks have very thin skin today. I just got banned for 6 days and was given 1 penalty point which NEVER goes away for posting this----

Look who comes out of nowhere. Bison Dan gonna post next?

Dont know. I was fishing all day, saw the score so figured I would stop in and take in the unbiased commentary.

:rofl:

Yea I noticed they seem pretty sensitive. I see John Boy got a warning too. Funny how asshats like geaux sioux/bigund, abc, and barney can troll here all day long without any repercussions.

BFKasper14
03-21-2021, 02:05 PM
Yea I noticed they seem pretty sensitive. I see John Boy got a warning too. Funny how asshats like geaux sioux/bigund, abc, and barney can troll here all day long without any repercussions.

I remember an SDSU poster was really talking him up and was really hoping that he would have gone there. Now we are seeing why. Kid is not only playing, but dominating at a position that kids should not dominate at as a TRUE FRESHMAN.

scottietohottie
03-21-2021, 02:14 PM

They got beat by uncle Rico. They couldn't have played a worse bison team in the last 11 years. Rebuilding year for ndsu.

And hey trolls. NDSU lost way more then just a qb and left tackle. Also that qb was a sophomore. That doesn't happen in football. Enjoy your trip to Fargo to watch teh hockey you clowns.

semobison
03-21-2021, 02:31 PM
With Luepke’s performance I am excited about our run game. Can anyone tell me anything about Bussy’s injury’s? The guy is averaging 10 ypc and would be lighting to Hunters thunder. The way the O-line played and our success with the perimeter run game me thinks he may have busted a long one yesterday with 5 or 6 touches!

EC8CH
03-21-2021, 02:54 PM
They got beat by uncle Rico. They couldn't have played a worse bison team in the last 11 years. Rebuilding year for ndsu.

And hey trolls. NDSU lost way more then just a qb and left tackle. Also that qb was a sophomore. That doesn't happen in football. Enjoy your trip to Fargo to watch teh hockey you clowns.

NDSU is an average QB from their past 10 years away from having beat this year's all time greatest UN_ team by 5+ TDs. That's not an exaggeration, just a fact.

heffray
03-21-2021, 02:59 PM
NDSU is an average QB from their past 10 years away from having beat this year's all time greatest UN_ team by 5+ TDs. That's not an exaggeration, just a fact.

I have given out too much rep in 24 hrs, which happens a lot actually. But it makes sense given yesterday’s events.

Beating UN_ never gets old.

bisoneer
03-21-2021, 03:16 PM
11) I thought TR called a good game with the exception of a few drives. Zeb just failed to execute early. Still concerned about Watson's hands.
12) I haven't seen anyone run as hard as Hunter did since TR himself. The OL dominated and a few of those pile pushes were demoralizing.
13) Actually thought the refs called an awesome game. Let both sides play a bit.

Bison coaches and players had a great game plan and were mentally ready for this game! Only plays I thought were questionable was a 3rd and 2 jet sweep to Watson when we were in the red zone. Hope Cam's wrist heals quickly it looked like he was in some pain. Zeb played notably well for the most part. We still need to get the screen plays humming, might need to call DJ McNorton for some tips, he was the best at it and of course Jensen was tossing it to him also.

mtoutfitter
03-21-2021, 03:55 PM
I don't remember seeing Lane Tucker in there at all....is he hurt? Maybe I missed something as I've been out helping calve in the boonies and haven't been able to check in.

EC8CH
03-21-2021, 04:00 PM
I don't remember seeing Lane Tucker in there at all....is he hurt? Maybe I missed something as I've been out helping calve in the boonies and haven't been able to check in.

Tucker was out all game. Announced before start of game.

scottietohottie
03-21-2021, 04:03 PM

Must be something in the air. Lots of calves this weekend. I can forget about making any games this spring. Guess there's a reason they call it moo u.

BisManBison
03-21-2021, 04:41 PM
Good morning!!! West a glorious day!!

Bisonator98
03-21-2021, 07:53 PM

Yes he has an ankle injury I believe.

WeAreThePride
03-21-2021, 08:42 PM
Good morning!!! West a glorious day!!

Isn't it though? The only thing sweeter than beating the shit out of GFCC when they know they're going to lose is to give them that tiny bit of hope they might win, and then beat the shit out of them anyway.

I believe the most efficient and sadistic torturers through history always made sure to give the victim some small hope, before crushing them completely.

cbline
03-21-2021, 09:20 PM
The Dome was in its usual quiet state when the Bison had the ball. During the 4th quarter, I felt like yelling from Section 15: "Hey, Bubba, they're going to run it!" and then yelling it over and over as the Bison continued to move down the field. Perhaps I missed my opportunity.

BisManBison
03-21-2021, 09:38 PM
Isn't it though? The only thing sweeter than beating the shit out of GFCC when they know they're going to lose is to give them that tiny bit of hope they might win, and then beat the shit out of them anyway.

I believe the most efficient and sadistic torturers through history always made sure to give the victim some small hope, before crushing them completely.

Couldn't agree more! My siblings and I text each other throughout the game. I texted them UND is in trouble when I saw Leupke playing. It was only made sweeter to hear Bubbles post game comments that they had not prepared for him. That just made me laugh. That turned into me rolling on the floor laughing when they had a chance to make adjustments at the half and were completely powerless to stop us running between the tackles with him, even when run blitzing every play. If we can get any sort of passing game going that's a 6 or 7 touchdown gap. It's still getting wider folks.

thebigund
03-22-2021, 12:28 AM
You all saw why I wasn’t running around here predicting a victory. Our DL looked how I expected they would all year. They’ve overachieved to this point. Once our starter at nose went down it was night night keep your butthole tight. I’ve been complaining for years that we don’t recruit the right body type on the DL for our defense and we saw what the consequences of that were yesterday. Your team isn’t as bad as all you sandbagging crying fucks have been claiming. You’re very talented and deep at most positions. You absolutely whiffed on Zeb and you may pay the price against teams with good DLs. Also you could tell your DBs didn’t respect our wrs. We don’t have any real burners to pop the top off. Because of that you guys were able to aggressively key on the run.

Son of a Bison
03-23-2021, 02:49 PM
Where is best place to see UN- post game press conference etc

TransAmBison
03-23-2021, 03:02 PM
Where is best place to see UN- post game press conference etcYou have to go to fightinghawks.com to get to it. The video is funny...with the background that doesn't cover the whole background...just seems cheap. And poor Bubba just seemed beaten down. Worth the watch.

Mr Pep Band
03-23-2021, 04:30 PM
UND is overrated. It is a Covid-19 delayed season. Weird things can and do happen, just look at March Madness. If this were a normal season, UND would not be doing as well or be rated as highly. Glad we ran all over them and crushed them.

Snowgoose
03-23-2021, 05:17 PM
Don't use March Madness as an example cause it seems like it is pretty normal except for maybe missing some big names but that wasnt march madness just a goofy whole season so I kind of get what you are saying. Big ten teams sucking in March is pretty standard, Loyola looking like they did a few years ago. Only oddity is maybe ORU but they have two studs and that always translates well in March.

thebigund
03-23-2021, 07:10 PM
UND is overrated. It is a Covid-19 delayed season. Weird things can and do happen, just look at March Madness. If this were a normal season, UND would not be doing as well or be rated as highly. Glad we ran all over them and crushed them.

How so? We can’t get lucky against SDSU in the fall?

TransAmBison
03-23-2021, 07:23 PM
How so? We can’t get lucky against SDSU in the fall?It is a well know fact that SDSU craps all over themselves at least one game a year. They do it so bad they basically will the other team to victory through bad play after bad play. Not trying to take away UND's play in the game...but man did SDSU shoot themselves in the foot repeatedly. SDSU would have done the same in the fall...maybe not against UND, but against somebody.

ByeSonBusiness
03-23-2021, 07:24 PM

Every board I've been on has some softies. They are usually pretty good over there.

I saw someone get mad at thebigund today or yesterday over there even. Called him a jerk or something. Imagine letting this guy get under your skin... dude is a fun time and knows how to mix it up.

One thing that can hurt with message boards is people can very easily push a guy's buttons a bit too hard, and you can't see their face to pick up those clues either.

EC8CH
03-23-2021, 09:13 PM
Took a peek at the replay of last years game again UN_. It's quite shocking the number of impact players just on the first drives who weren't here this year:

Lance
Williams
Brooks
Jabril
Hendricks

That was just on the first series. Just startling how different the team looks. Each play was another reminder of another person not here anymore.

EC8CH
03-23-2021, 09:38 PM
https://twitter.com/NDSUfootball/status/1374473528947445760?s=20

Video department guys are killing these hype videos this year. Talented video work and editing.

EC8CH
03-23-2021, 09:45 PM
https://twitter.com/scootsnladders/status/1371154219261177867?s=20

Old school camera looks. I mean this Scott Anderson guy... pay this man, quality stuff.

heffray
03-23-2021, 10:14 PM
Man... it was good to see the coach/player interaction at the end of this video. Makes me like Entz more.

BFKasper14
03-23-2021, 10:14 PM
https://twitter.com/scootsnladders/status/1371154219261177867?s=20

Old school camera looks. I mean this Scott Anderson guy... pay this man, quality stuff.

That is really cool! Would like to see more of those!

thebigund
03-24-2021, 12:29 AM
It is a well know fact that SDSU craps all over themselves at least one game a year. They do it so bad they basically will the other team to victory through bad play after bad play. Not trying to take away UND's play in the game...but man did SDSU shoot themselves in the foot repeatedly. SDSU would have done the same in the fall...maybe not against UND, but against somebody.

I’ve said many times we were a highly unlikely three play sequence away from getting our doors blown off by them. Anyway, your post also says this is normal for them so not really a good example of abnormalities benefitting UND.

gavin2126
03-24-2021, 12:33 AM
It is a well know fact that SDSU craps all over themselves at least one game a year. They do it so bad they basically will the other team to victory through bad play after bad play. Not trying to take away UND's play in the game...but man did SDSU shoot themselves in the foot repeatedly. SDSU would have done the same in the fall...maybe not against UND, but against somebody.

They tried like hell to do it against YSU too.

Professor Chaos
03-24-2021, 12:40 AM
Took a peek at the replay of last years game again UN_. It's quite shocking the number of impact players just on the first drives who weren't here this year:

Lance
Williams
Brooks
Jabril
Hendricks

That was just on the first series. Just startling how different the team looks. Each play was another reminder of another person not here anymore.
Could you imagine how gutted teams like Ohio St or Oregon would've been had they followed through with playing in the spring? Probably dozens of opt-outs for those high profile P5 teams if you include seniors.