PDA

View Full Version : NDSU vs Fighting Hawks Preview

bruinbison
03-15-2021, 08:32 PM
As Dom says, take the latest depth chart for what it’s worth......

https://mobile.twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/1371530011090505734

The Fighting Hawks arrive at the FargoDome ranked #2 in the nation (4-0).
They are already planning a celebration of being the bestest FCS Football Team ever, but hope our scrappy lads will have something to say about that......:)

Professor Chaos
03-15-2021, 08:41 PM
Had they been pumping out depth charts like these a year ago they might've been able to help with the toilet paper shortage...

Bison 4 Life
03-15-2021, 09:01 PM
well we wanted it to be interesting again.

bison22
03-15-2021, 09:04 PM
I've watched all of UND's games this year as well. Thanks ESPN+

They are winning by sustaining drives and playing some solid defense. They take a few shots downfield but a majority of their offense is quick WR screens, crossing patterns and picking some yards up on the ground. They are getting themselves into manageable 3rd downs by getting ahead of the chains.

I want to see NDSU stack the box and press their receivers hard. If UND gets behind the chains, NDSU is gonna dominate these guys.

As for their defense, they have absolutely no one that can cover Watson on deep routes or our TE's. The key here though is giving our QB enough time to get the ball out to them, which I'm a little skeptical on right now. Hopefully we get Cam to extend the plays out a bit with our Oline reeling.

heffray
03-15-2021, 09:05 PM

I’ll mark myself in the camp who didn’t want it interesting again... I also said that when they joined the Valley it would only be a matter of time. Did not think it would happen this soon.

TransAmBison
03-15-2021, 09:10 PM
I’ll mark myself in the camp who didn’t want it interesting again... I also said that when they joined the Valley it would only be a matter of time. Did not think it would happen this soon.We have entered an alternate reality that does not have tailgating, has few fans at games, is played in the spring, UN_ is good at football, and NDSU struggles to win against everybody. I'm starting to think this is all a simulation and somebody dropped a virus* in the program.

*Pun intended**
**Had to explain so RTO could keep up.

TAILG8R
03-15-2021, 09:10 PM
REALLY not trying to be a sore loser but it bothers me that you can see the Valley teams are just not as good this year, we know NDSU is almost a shadow of itself so far this year and now UN_ is set up to win the league in their first year and talk about how the MVFC is not as hard as everyone says. And the worst part is the idiot UN_ fans and even some media that will use terms like "changing of the guard" if UN_ wins which is beyond ridiculous.

They will turn one win into equaling 8 National Championships, book it. I can tell I still hate these guys because I don't want to lose to them even once.

Bison 4 Life
03-15-2021, 09:12 PM
Fuck this changing of the guard shit. They have an advantage of not having anyone good enough for the NFL.

bruinbison
03-15-2021, 09:16 PM
REALLY not trying to be a sore loser but it bothers me that you can see the Valley teams are just not as good this year, we know NDSU is almost a shadow of itself so far this year and now UN_ is set up to win the league in their first year and talk about how the MVFC is not as hard as everyone says. And the worst part is the idiot UN_ fans and even some media that will use terms like "changing of the guard" if UN_ wins which is beyond ridiculous.

They will turn one win into equaling 8 National Championships, book it. I can tell I still hate these guys because I don't want to lose to them even once.

Well put! Fortunately the 2015 & 2019 games happened, so they aren’t living in the “what if we had been MVFC sooner” world. I remember some of the media types saying that Grand Forks had everybody back - did not have any significant covid/transfer/career choice losses from the roster. Does anyone know something else?

Their 2 deep from last weekend shows a couple names starting I recognize whom transferred in.
(Page 11)
ILB - Devon Krzanowski (St Cloud St)
WR - Jake Richter - (MSU Moorhead)

https://s3.amazonaws.com/undsports.com/documents/2021/3/10/Week_4_WIU.pdf

EC8CH
03-15-2021, 09:19 PM

They are winning by sustaining drives and playing some solid defense. They take a few shots downfield but a majority of their offense is quick WR screens, crossing patterns and picking some yards up on the ground. They are getting themselves into manageable 3rd downs by getting ahead of the chains.

I want to see NDSU stack the box and press their receivers hard. If UND gets behind the chains, NDSU is gonna dominate these guys.

As for their defense, they have absolutely no one that can cover Watson on deep routes or our TE's. The key here though is giving our QB enough time to get the ball out to them, which I'm a little skeptical on right now. Hopefully we get Cam to extend the plays out a bit with our Oline reeling.

Have caught portions of a few of their games. This is a good description of their offense from what I've seen. Two strong running backs with a lot of quick outside passes and bubble screens to stretch the field. Think NDSU defense matches up well with a deep D line and quick linebackers. Offense needs to finally pull their shit together and sustain some drives.

Should be a good game.

JohnnyExtacy
03-15-2021, 09:28 PM
If Zeb starts I dont think NDSU can win this game. If Cam starts I don't know if NDSU can win this game.

ZHerd
03-15-2021, 09:31 PM
This game is actually a litmus test right now because UN_ is already good and we are barely scrapping by bad teams. Our one decent opponent blew us out (though I tend to think that wouldn’t happen again). Defense was terrible against siu but they are better than that game. I’m excited about Cam starting but, even with last game we don’t know much about him. If we can sustain a few TD drives and d plays lights out we should beat anyone left on the schedule. This season is now on the O-line, Cam being efficient, and defense returning to championship run level nastiness

thebigund
03-15-2021, 09:36 PM

Ray Haas might be a good guy to cover TEs for us. He’s 6’5” and can run.

TAILG8R
03-15-2021, 09:38 PM
If Zeb starts I dont think NDSU can win this game. If Cam starts I don't know if NDSU can win this game.

If Zeb starts I don't think we win, if Cam starts I think we can win and wouldn't be surprised. IMO the jury is still out on how good UND really is. They are definitely a solid team but how good are they really in the landscape of the FCS over the last few years? I'm also starting to wonder how far NDSU has fallen(we'll worry about for how long later). Are we now in that tier right below 1 and 2(where 3-6/7 are really all about the same and not really close to 1 and 2) OR are we in that next tier of #10+?

I guess what I'm getting at is I feel like it may be a year were #10 is a lot closer to #1 where a lot of years recently #1 and #2 were clearly far superior to #3-10.

TAILG8R
03-15-2021, 09:39 PM

Yes but how much can he bench?

thebigund
03-15-2021, 09:40 PM
If Zeb starts I don't think we win, if Cam starts I think we can win and wouldn't be surprised. IMO the jury is still out on how good UND really is. They are definitely a solid team but how good are they really in the landscape of the FCS over the last few years? I'm also starting to wonder how far NDSU has fallen(we'll worry about for how long later). Are we now in that tier right below 1 and 2(where 3-6/7 are really all about the same and not really close to 1 and 2) OR are we in that next tier of #10+?

I guess what I'm getting at is I feel like it may be a year were #10 is a lot closer to #1 where a lot of years recently #1 and #2 were clearly far superior to #3-10.

I’m certainly not convinced that we’re actually good this year, that’s for sure.

thebigund
03-15-2021, 09:41 PM
Yes but how much can he bench?

More than little Radunz for sure

BISONBRI53
03-15-2021, 09:46 PM

BUTT BUTT The rivalry is dead!!!!

MNLonghorn10
03-15-2021, 09:51 PM
Fuck em...

Gonna have to make some supper bets with my mom and sister/BIL. Save some money there

ByeSonBusiness
03-15-2021, 10:04 PM

That guy has a linebacker name. I feel like he needs to wear a neck roll and zero coverage responsibilities.

MNLonghorn10
03-15-2021, 10:41 PM
That guy has a linebacker name. I feel like he needs to wear a neck roll and zero coverage responsibilities.

Slap the 55 on him and we’re good to go

heffray
03-15-2021, 10:45 PM

Yeah, I get the same feeling, but I think the difference is that few teams actually achieve the separation from 2/3-10 than NDSU has for most of the last decade. Undefeated seasons aren’t common and we’ve had 3...

Think about that. This run will be legendary, and I’m actually not convinced it’s over yet... the separation might not be anywhere in the top 10. Anyone’s league at this point, and Saturday might be a good indication.

The problem is, and I think this has been said before... without any non-con, it’ll be hard to see how it all stacks up until playoffs.

abc123
03-15-2021, 10:48 PM

Is 47 close enough?

bajadanny
03-15-2021, 10:52 PM

Man Cam has to start, I don’t get the second thought stuff, he stepped up last week earned the start freshman or not. Time to move on, Byesun win on Saturday.

ByeSonBusiness
03-15-2021, 11:32 PM

Is 47 close enough?

Saturday will answer that question.

Kid's gonna be kicking himself in a few years when he misses out on a long NFL career playing in a northern NFL city....all because he wore the wrong number in college like a jackass.

reformedUNDfan
03-15-2021, 11:47 PM
31-17 if Cam plays

El_Chapo
03-16-2021, 12:10 AM
bruin. you dummy..
a whole week without this would be better , treat them like western Illinois like they are. pathetic

i cant even sell my tickets for $75

OrygunBison
03-16-2021, 12:19 AM
WTF is wrong with all y'all?!?! This game is going to be about as competitive as the last two that we played those dumbasses.

Kujava23
03-16-2021, 12:20 AM

I HEAR YA...still haven't won ONE playoff game!!!!

Any time they can try to beat their BIG BROTHER---the Fawkers get excited

I quit trying to explain how DUMB UND fans are----minimizing our overall success and pumping themselves up

I want our defense to FORCE TURNOVERS---and Cam Miller START and Bison run the ball effectively and dominate TIME OF POSSESSION

Bison 4 Life
03-16-2021, 01:10 AM
bruin. you dummy..
a whole week without this would be better , treat them like western Illinois like they are. pathetic

why aren't you going? Why weren't you there last week?

Kevin
03-16-2021, 01:14 AM
why aren't you going? Why weren't you there last week?

Two words: masks.

Bisonator98
03-16-2021, 01:24 AM
2 words: We aren't loosing!:D

TAILG8R
03-16-2021, 01:59 AM
Forgot how fun it was to talk football, actually have to consider whether we would win a game and just by how much and see some fun good natured bullshit on here.

Long live Bisonville, fuck the fhawkers!

PS - Will they be too sore to deliver my mail on Monday? Important package coming and I don't want it to be late.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

23Bison
03-16-2021, 02:18 AM
Honestly I don’t see Zeb starting. Cam will start to get things rolling. The D will get their stops and the Bison win. 24-17 and that’s because they score a late TD in the last 3 minutes of the 4th quarter. I finally have a little confidence in this team as a whole. The SIU game was our UNI came from a few years back. I believe the sense of urgency has trickled into the team and there is a bit more focus. Execution will start to pick up.

runtheoption
03-16-2021, 03:18 AM
We have entered an alternate reality that does not have tailgating, has few fans at games, is played in the spring, UN_ is good at football, and NDSU struggles to win against everybody. I'm starting to think this is all a simulation and somebody dropped a virus* in the program.

*Pun intended**
**Had to explain so RTO could keep up.

Not only can I keep up, I can do it for a really long time.

To hell with this "aw shucks, we just aren't very good this spring because of reasons." It's NDSU/und week. Everything and everybody associated with shitpot Kelly green college can suck it. Go Bison, crush them so hard that even McFeely and Timmerman can't spin it into a positive for DoucheCanoe U.

Screw und, screw Grand Forks, screw TransAmBison.

The Dome will be half full on Saturday, and it will be loud.

NDSU92
03-16-2021, 03:36 AM
Not only can I keep up, I can do it for a really long time.

To hell with this "aw shucks, we just aren't very good this spring because of reasons." It's NDSU/und week. Everything and everybody associated with shitpot Kelly green college can suck it. Go Bison, crush them so hard that even McFeely and Timmerman can't spin it into a positive for DoucheCanoe U.

Screw und, screw Grand Forks, screw TransAmBison.

The Dome will be half full on Saturday, and it will be loud.

Fuckin right Chicagoooooo

MNLonghorn10
03-16-2021, 04:10 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210316/16866af60bd29c0483688841f0b38a5e.jpg
https://media0.giphy.com/media/AKaEfzaLlr0yI/giphy.gif

El_Chapo
03-16-2021, 04:56 AM
just like playing western illinois. zzzzz. zero hype from fargo. wake me up when its sunday

MAKBison
03-16-2021, 05:28 AM
I herd from a dome authority that any wearing Sioux shit will be turned away.....something about the climate being hypersensitive and the authority not taking any risk offending....idk

nodak651
03-16-2021, 07:10 AM
just like playing western illinois. zzzzz. zero hype from fargo. wake me up when its sunday

You prob post about und at a higher rate than anyone on this website lol

tjbison
03-16-2021, 11:33 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210316/16866af60bd29c0483688841f0b38a5e.jpg
https://media0.giphy.com/media/AKaEfzaLlr0yI/giphy.gif

Lol...they play 4 good games in 20 years and all of a sudden NDSU is done?

win or lose NDSU is still the better program and its not even debatable. God there are some stupid people out there

heckler
03-16-2021, 12:23 PM
I herd from a dome authority that any wearing Sioux shit will be turned away.....something about the climate being hypersensitive and the authority not taking any risk offending....idk

well their leader was a nazi so...

El_Chapo
03-16-2021, 01:39 PM
THIS game means NOTHING. some guy just sold 2 tickets Row 5 for $50/each same as youngstown state or drake. LOL

abc123
03-16-2021, 02:01 PM
THIS game means NOTHING. some guy just sold 2 tickets Row 5 for $50/each same as youngstown state or drake. LOL

Yet just a few days ago, you were telling people that the market price was $100.
I'd the say the difference for this game is that attendance won't be 2/3's of allowed capacity like the last two have been.

Bisonator98
03-16-2021, 02:01 PM

You try way too hard. Maybe go troll Oregon's board for awhile.

El_Chapo
03-16-2021, 02:03 PM
Yet just a few days ago, you were telling people that the market price was $100.
I'd the say the difference for this game is that attendance won't be 2/3's of allowed capacity like the last two have been.

und education showing. if the dome is HALF, then Demand should be UP for all of the games.
oh well, ndsu fans are treating und like drake and that's cool, I understand.

abc123
03-16-2021, 02:06 PM
und education showing. if the dome is HALF, then Demand should be UP for all of the games.
oh well, ndsu fans are treating und like drake and that's cool, I understand.

So what did they treat YSU and ISU as then? Attendance at less than 70% of allowed capacity for YSU and under 65% for ISU.

NDGooch
03-16-2021, 02:23 PM
Some ND lawmakers are trying to propose a bill to play for the Nickel Trophy again.

https://www.inforum.com/news/government-and-politics/6935732-North-Dakota-lawmakers-mull-reviving-Nickel-Trophy-for-NDSU-UND-football-rivalry

siouxfan512
03-16-2021, 02:23 PM
Hey all,

Been a while since I have stopped in to comment on anything, but have skimmed BV this season. Clearly some ups and downs so far with some of the key departures. Defense still appears to be pretty stout, and it will be interesting to see how Miller does in what could be his first start. I didn’t get to watch the game this past weekend, but it sounds like he moves well, which would be beneficial give the pressure UND has been able to dial up thus far. That being said, you can throw stats and rankings out the window on this one. I think both teams know what is on the line here, and playing in the Fargo Dome certainly won’t be easy, even if it isn’t full. After the SIU loss, I was feeling pretty confident, but a road trip to Macomb, is not the same as playing in the Fargo Dome; I just haven't seen enough to know what to think yet.

Players may not have the full history of the rivalry, and I know many are hesitant to call it that; but they are most certainly aware that these are two top FCS teams at the moment. Proximity between the schools, and it being a conference matchup adds fuel to the fire, and if you want to reignite a rivalry, this is the type of game to do it. I’ve posted on this forum before past meetings that this rivalry will not reignite until UND is relevant again, which I didn’t fully expect to be this year, but here we are. Doesn’t mean we will still be relevant at the end of the season, but so far, so good.

I need more out of UND first. They have done what was needed to win games, including some really nice wins, but there are plenty of missed opportunities they need to continue to clean up. Schuster’s performance this past weekend was very encouraging, and the combination of O-Line play along with Weah and Skokna has been huge. I do think Freund has done a nice job of planning thus far. He seems to do just enough in the first half to tire out the D and then a heavy does of run in the 2nd. I expect to see that change up a bit this week based on what the Bison do, but it will be an interesting game for sure. Even more interested to see of UND schemes for Miller if he plays the whole game. Our D-Line has been getting to the QB this spring, but there are some big boys on that NDSU line.

Definitely looking forward to Saturday, and talking some football. Enjoy the week all!

siouxfan512
03-16-2021, 02:24 PM
Some ND lawmakers are trying to propose a bill to play for the Nickel Trophy again.

https://www.inforum.com/news/government-and-politics/6935732-North-Dakota-lawmakers-mull-reviving-Nickel-Trophy-for-NDSU-UND-football-rivalry

I would support this 100%, it should have been up for grabs the last two times we played.

Bisonator98
03-16-2021, 02:29 PM

Don't these clowns have anything better to do then waste my tax dollars on this shit!

abc123
03-16-2021, 02:34 PM

Let the record show that the individual who proposed the amendment is an NDSU grad.

siouxfan512
03-16-2021, 02:40 PM

I would agree with most of what you said. Overall, the valley seems to be down a bit. I think you can take a lot of the comments about UND coming in and dominating The Valley as tongue in cheek. UND fans endured a few years of hearing nothing but how bad we were going to get beat up and be a basement team in the MVFC, so it is a little funny to have the start that we have had; which doesn't mean much if we go out and lose to Youngstown or Missouri St. I was impressed with SDSU, even USD to a point; considering the young QBs. Obviously losing Lance is huge for SU. SIU doesn't seem to know if they are good or not depending on the week, game, half or quarter.

I'm sure some UND fans are just excited that the team is playing well, while others will try to equate 1 season to a decade, but not me. Can't change anything about the past decade, NDSU dominated, UND did not; nothing more is needed to be said there. I will always wonder if UND could have kept the playing field more even had they transitioned to D1 at the same time as NDSU like they should have, but that is completely irrelevant and no longer matters. For UND the Spring needs to be viewed as an opportunity. Acclimate to the MVFC, develop young talent and get them game time experience, win games to start developing that winning culture, and get some regional exposure. Playoffs, Playoff Wins, a trip to Frisco, a National Championship .... obviously you want to see these things, but even if that happens, does that automatically mean the tides have turned, and UND owns the Valley? Hell No! Trying to make that kind of shift takes years, hell SDSU has been trying to knock you all off that top pedestal forever.

To me, one of UND's biggest opportunities this spring is to show they can win with some young talent and start winning some of the key regional recruiting battles. There have been a few guys over the past few years that have worked out in UNDs favor, but nowhere near the number of recruiting wins to sustain success. I'm sure that will be a highlight in the recruiting process if UND can manage to sweep the Dakota schools.

heckler
03-16-2021, 02:43 PM
Don't these clowns have anything better to do then waste my tax dollars on this shit!

No they don't. They can't even figure out how to spend any of the legacy fund money.

Here is an idea... let's find a trophy that actually represents the two universities. No idea what a Native American head has to do with this game.

mtoutfitter
03-16-2021, 02:56 PM
Kinda surprised the Bison are favored at -3.

WeAreThePride
03-16-2021, 02:59 PM

Meh. I like it when the government doesn't do things. Less chance of fucking things up.

Anyhow, I would LOVE to play for the Nickel again.

Sioux27
03-16-2021, 03:19 PM
bruin. you dummy..

I'll buy your tickets.

Sioux27
03-16-2021, 03:24 PM

100% BS. Good luck with that theory.

JMB
03-16-2021, 04:21 PM
I would agree with most of what you said. Overall, the valley seems to be down a bit. I think you can take a lot of the comments about UND coming in and dominating The Valley as tongue in cheek. UND fans endured a few years of hearing nothing but how bad we were going to get beat up and be a basement team in the MVFC, so it is a little funny to have the start that we have had; which doesn't mean much if we go out and lose to Youngstown or Missouri St. I was impressed with SDSU, even USD to a point; considering the young QBs. Obviously losing Lance is huge for SU. SIU doesn't seem to know if they are good or not depending on the week, game, half or quarter.

I'm sure some UND fans are just excited that the team is playing well, while others will try to equate 1 season to a decade, but not me. Can't change anything about the past decade, NDSU dominated, UND did not; nothing more is needed to be said there. I will always wonder if UND could have kept the playing field more even had they transitioned to D1 at the same time as NDSU like they should have, but that is completely irrelevant and no longer matters. For UND the Spring needs to be viewed as an opportunity. Acclimate to the MVFC, develop young talent and get them game time experience, win games to start developing that winning culture, and get some regional exposure. Playoffs, Playoff Wins, a trip to Frisco, a National Championship .... obviously you want to see these things, but even if that happens, does that automatically mean the tides have turned, and UND owns the Valley? Hell No! Trying to make that kind of shift takes years, hell SDSU has been trying to knock you all off that top pedestal forever.

To me, one of UND's biggest opportunities this spring is to show they can win with some young talent and start winning some of the key regional recruiting battles. There have been a few guys over the past few years that have worked out in UNDs favor, but nowhere near the number of recruiting wins to sustain success. I'm sure that will be a highlight in the recruiting process if UND can manage to sweep the Dakota schools.

Hmmm... This seems fairly "even keel". Do you not follow Bisonville? We have more of a manic-depression vibe here.

Gully
03-16-2021, 04:44 PM
I haven't paid nearly as much attention this year but listening to the Forum/WDAY guys, they don't give NDSU much of a chance. Oh well, I guess I can focus on some upcoming vacations and enjoying the summer and then get back to football in the fall.

DePereBisonFan
03-16-2021, 04:49 PM
I haven't paid nearly as much attention this year but listening to the Forum/WDAY guys, they don't give NDSU much of a chance. Oh well, I guess I can focus on some upcoming vacations and enjoying the summer and then get back to football in the fall.

Where is Longhorn when we need him? NDSU will keep it close in the first half, get a bunch of first downs, slow down the UND offense, but ultimately fall 52-3.

Hammerhead
03-16-2021, 04:53 PM

There were plenty of people on TV during the last game not wearing a mask (and not holding any food or drink in their hands) so who knows whey they are actually enforcing.

siouxfan512
03-16-2021, 04:59 PM
Hmmm... This seems fairly "even keel". Do you not follow Bisonville? We have more of a manic-depression vibe here.

Yeah, I usually try to steer clear of the banter though. That and I truly don't know what to expect. Based on performances thus far, I lean UND win. Based on performances over that last decade, it goes to NDSU. Its just a weird and unexpected situation leading into the week.

NDSU certainly looks far different than in the past, but it would surprise me to see them start clicking and find a way to win this either. UND has also looked like a different team this season, but could they fall apart at the wrong time, on the road, in a huge game ... sure.

Like I said, I don't know what to expect, but I'm looking forward to the game!

cbline
03-16-2021, 04:59 PM

Dom has pumped up the F'n Hawks a number of times over the past couple years even though they didn't deserve it. He must be all a-tingle this week.

nodak651
03-16-2021, 05:39 PM
Dom has pumped up the F'n Hawks a number of times over the past couple years even though they didn't deserve it. He must be all a-tingle this week.

Did you hear him at the start of this spring season? Hardly gave UND a chance to go 500. I think he's sandbagging here. NDSU is the favorite not doubt. This game could be a blowout in either direction or a nail biter though. As a UND fan, I just can't see UND pulling this out after all of the close wins NDSU has been able to pull off in the last decade. This game 100% will come down to Cam though I think. He either lights it up or tries to run too much. Curious to see if he will stay in the pocket long enough to make a throw when there is pressure.

heffray
03-16-2021, 05:56 PM
Did you hear him at the start of this spring season? Hardly gave UND a chance to go 500. I think he's sandbagging here. NDSU is the favorite not doubt. This game could be a blowout in either direction or a nail biter though. As a UND fan, I just can't see UND pulling this out after all of the close wins NDSU has been able to pull off in the last decade. This game 100% will come down to Cam though I think. He either lights it up or tries to run too much. Curious to see if he will stay in the pocket long enough to make a throw when there is pressure.

Take a look at the game sealing TD from last week. Pretty good pocket presence there, even though no one got open and he decided to run it in. I’m hoping to see more of that.

El_Chapo
03-16-2021, 06:04 PM
I'll buy your tickets.

when i shove them up my ass you can ralphy junior , kinda like the 2002 ncaa tourney in stink forks after gophers lost to holy cross and i ripped up 4 center ice tickets at suite 49 in front of your racist fanboys trying to buy them for $200/pop. Unbison laughed and we walked right out thru all of you with our middle fingers up (edit: he might of thrown a shoulder or 2)

siouxfan512
03-16-2021, 07:08 PM
when i shove them up my ass you can ralphy junior , kinda like the 2002 ncaa tourney in stink forks after gophers lost to holy cross and i ripped up 4 center ice tickets at suite 49 in front of your racist fanboys trying to buy them for $200/pop. Unbison laughed and we walked right out thru all of you with our middle fingers up (edit: he might of thrown a shoulder or 2)

I think you might need some anger management bud.

Sioux27
03-16-2021, 07:10 PM

Odd way to get your tickets but I'm game. Meet you at the I-Beam?

mtoutfitter
03-16-2021, 07:18 PM

I'd advise wearing surgical gloves.

El_Chapo
03-16-2021, 07:50 PM
that was a true story .

MNLonghorn10
03-16-2021, 07:54 PM

Lol you can’t stand hockey.

DCinOK
03-16-2021, 08:06 PM
How could anyone be against the tradition that the winner of this game gets The Nickel Trophy?! Great rivalry, great tradition, great amount of hate, GREAT and UNIQUE Trophy in college football. Incredible to me that anyone opposes this.

heffray
03-16-2021, 08:09 PM
How could anyone be against the tradition that the winner of this game gets The Nickel Trophy?! Great rivalry, great tradition, great amount of hate, GREAT and UNIQUE Trophy in college football. Incredible to me that anyone opposes this.

Because the logos no longer fit the rivalry. Make a new rivalry trophy, but they can keep that worthless pocket change.

DePereBisonFan
03-16-2021, 08:16 PM

It's funny/notfunny that the legislature has to get involved. :facepalm::facepalm:

reformedUNDfan
03-16-2021, 08:33 PM

great amount of people not giving a shit

Sioux27
03-16-2021, 08:36 PM

I'd advise wearing surgical gloves.

LOL!! Lakes never disappoints.

JMB
03-16-2021, 08:44 PM
Because the logos no longer fit the rivalry. Make a new rivalry trophy, but they can keep that worthless pocket change.

Got it... The golden sandbag.

EC8CH
03-16-2021, 08:46 PM
Got it... The golden sandbag.

Golden Toilette. What gets put in the top in Fargo ends up out the other end in Grand Forks.

thebigund
03-16-2021, 10:12 PM

Who’s credit card did you use to buy those tickets?

heckler
03-16-2021, 10:17 PM

Heffray is the winner.

Sun Bison
03-16-2021, 10:49 PM
The trophy should be a sugar beet.

heffray
03-16-2021, 11:01 PM

Lol, I’ll pass my win to this guy. Hilarious.

Twincitybizon
03-16-2021, 11:48 PM

Holy shit it should be a sugar beet. I want this. Call your legislators people!

EC8CH
03-17-2021, 12:07 AM
Please explain the joke of how a sugar beet means UND sucks.

Thank you.

Bison Bridge Guy
03-17-2021, 12:13 AM

Thank you.

Because Grand Forks smells like a sugar beet plant. Which stinks. Which means UND sucks. That work?

heffray
03-17-2021, 12:30 AM
We could carve a swastika onto the Indian head side of the nickel, then it would make more sense to play for it.

EC8CH
03-17-2021, 12:33 AM
Because Grand Forks smells like a sugar beet plant. Which stinks. Which means UND sucks. That work?

Works for me.

Kevin
03-17-2021, 12:39 AM
We could carve a swastika onto the Indian head side of the nickel, then it would make more sense to play for it.

Something something HITLER something something argument won.

BisonJump
03-17-2021, 12:54 AM
2 words: We aren't loosing!:D

I don’t understand. How are we “aren’t loose”. Yes it’s probably good that the Bison aren’t tight going into the game but your statement makes no sense.

heffray
03-17-2021, 02:11 AM

You’re catching on, Kev.

SDbison
03-17-2021, 02:37 AM

Thank you. Because beets blow.

EC8CH
03-17-2021, 03:29 AM

What did we win? A Nazi themed birthday party?

cbline
03-17-2021, 01:22 PM
I don’t understand. How are we “aren’t loose”. Yes it’s probably good that the Bison aren’t tight going into the game but your statement makes no sense.

Two words: You wouldn't understand.

Bisonator98
03-17-2021, 01:31 PM

https://media.tenor.com/images/e0d60fb5a3ecd8e21841a35e7aa35526/tenor.gif

dmksioux
03-17-2021, 03:29 PM

Agree. Cast a new nickel with Hawk instead of the Indian head. Simple, easy and keeps tradition. Nickel doesn't have to be of a coin that is in circulation. If the schools want to do a commemorative edition as way to raise some funds, have at it. The Nickel trophy cannot be replaced in my eyes Any other trophy would be subpar.

EC8CH
03-17-2021, 03:34 PM
NDSU already has a trophy game with a trophy that makes sense (Dakota Marker). UND is a whiny Ex that can't accept she fucked it up and NDSU has moved on. Stop stalking us and having your daddies in Bismarck trying to get us back together. It's embarrassing.

A buffalo Nickle with a hawk head?!?! That's just dumb. Makes no cents.

ndsubison1
03-17-2021, 03:36 PM
Please dont lose. Don't want to see the hockey fans commenting on football.

Bisonator98
03-17-2021, 04:21 PM
Agree. Cast a new nickel with Hawk instead of the Indian head. Simple, easy and keeps tradition. Nickel doesn't have to be of a coin that is in circulation. If the schools want to do a commemorative edition as way to raise some funds, have at it. The Nickel trophy cannot be replaced in my eyes Any other trophy would be subpar.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/2a83ff8f16eb53d02d6b04eccb8e8a44/tenor.gif?itemid=15098356

abc123
03-17-2021, 04:21 PM
Stop stalking us and having your daddies in Bismarck trying to get us back together.

Let the record show that the individual who proposed the amendment is an NDSU grad.

Try again.

ByeSonBusiness
03-17-2021, 04:24 PM
Bring back the Nickel. Or just make the ND state quarter the trophy.

Bisonator98
03-17-2021, 04:27 PM
Bring back the Nickel. Or just make the ND state quarter the trophy.

Now that is a great idea! I mean after all we've moved up to D1 now and considering inflation....... :biggrin::rofl:

El_Chapo
03-17-2021, 04:39 PM
i hate being back in 1993. this is embarrassing. all of this.
thanks for nothing dean & matt.

ByeSonBusiness
03-17-2021, 04:45 PM
Now that is a great idea! I mean after all we've moved up to D1 now and considering inflation....... :biggrin::rofl:

I'd recommend the Sacacawea gold dollar but....seems pretty hostile and abusive lol

EC8CH
03-17-2021, 05:05 PM
Try again.

Douche nozzle is probably a hockey fan.

BisonHorns
03-17-2021, 09:50 PM

I would rather be dead than see this happen.

Kevin
03-17-2021, 10:00 PM
I think it should be a copper penny with a bison head and a fighting hawk.

It would be fitting because it's not worth much. No one wants it but the powers that be won't take it out of circulation. And given enough time it'll eventually show its true colors.

Make it happen, ADLB.

SDbison
03-17-2021, 11:11 PM
I'd recommend the Sacacawea gold dollar but....seems pretty hostile and abusive lol Is it really? I find cancel culture hostile and abusive.

SDbison
03-17-2021, 11:14 PM
Agree. Cast a new nickel with Hawk instead of the Indian head. Simple, easy and keeps tradition. Nickel doesn't have to be of a coin that is in circulation. If the schools want to do a commemorative edition as way to raise some funds, have at it. The Nickel trophy cannot be replaced in my eyes Any other trophy would be subpar. I agree only that UND is outdated and out of circulation.

BisonJump
03-18-2021, 12:10 AM
Two words: You wouldn't understand.

You’re correct. Probably because I know how to spell losing. Loose is the opposite of tight. Losing is the opposite of winning. I have no idea what loosing is other than than the opposite of tighting which isn’t a real word either.

EC8CH
03-18-2021, 12:27 AM
You’re correct. Probably because I know how to spell losing. Loose is the opposite of tight. Losing is the opposite of winning. I have no idea what loosing is other than than the opposite of tighting which isn’t a real word either.

Misspelling losing as loosing is a Bisonville inside joke. Similar to prefacing a three word statement with, "Two words"

runtheoption
03-18-2021, 12:29 AM

Doubling down. Attaboy.

BisonHorns
03-18-2021, 12:40 AM

It would be tightening.

NDSU92
03-18-2021, 12:42 AM
Misspelling losing as loosing is a Bisonville inside joke. Similar to prefacing a three word statement with, "Two words"

Bison spell lose “loose” Hawks spell won “one” and jackrabbits spell sober driving “Having a glass of wine while doing my taxes”

NDSU92
03-18-2021, 12:42 AM
It would be tightening.

Tightening would be the opposite of loosening, not loosing

Sun Bison
03-18-2021, 12:50 AM

Two words: NDSU will win

IzzyFlexion
03-18-2021, 01:11 AM

And ......the third word is always supposed to be "bus". Unfortunate that some morans don't respect that tradition.

BisonHorns
03-18-2021, 02:54 AM
Oh! So, loosing which the dictionary has as the word for releasing or relaxing your grip. As in loosing the hounds. It makes sense now.

BisonHorns
03-18-2021, 03:00 AM
Can we start a discussion about things that make great combinations? I already know that chocolate and peanut butter go good together AND monkeys wearing cowboy suits. But what can you come up with?

BisonHorns
03-18-2021, 03:03 AM
I learned this today. Tighten IS the opposite of loosing which happens to be a real word. Boy am I suprized!

WeAreThePride
03-18-2021, 03:07 AM
I'll never understand the rush to deny that the Sioux are our biggest rival. Are all of you under the age of like 23? Because I can tell you for a fact almost every bison fan I interact with in real life (that's the place outside, where there's girls and fresh air and stuff) consider this weekend the biggest game of the year except Frisco.

BisonHorns
03-18-2021, 03:22 AM
I am 43. I have been going to NDSU football games religiously since I was 22. The game means nothing more to me than any other and in fact the more people try to make a rivalry fuss the more turned off I am. To me it is just more fake news for clicks. I dont have anything against UNd. They players sure don't. And if we lose I won't scream rivalry just like losing to SIU didn't create a rivalry.

bisoningrandforks
03-18-2021, 04:20 AM
I am 43. I have been going to NDSU football games religiously since I was 22. The game means nothing more to me than any other and in fact the more people try to make a rivalry fuss the more turned off I am. To me it is just more fake news for clicks. I dont have anything against UNd. They players sure don't. And if we lose I won't scream rivalry just like losing to SIU didn't create a rivalry.

I am 60....have watched or gone to games since 82....yes some of the rivalery has worn off...BUT....no so fast my friends like Lee Corso would say.....do we want GF to be relevant in football as well as hockey..hell no!..there are a few other reasons why besides recruiting, I will let you guys bring them up and discuss if you want..Its getting late!

El_Chapo
03-18-2021, 04:33 AM
I'll never understand the rush to deny that the Sioux are our biggest rival. Are all of you under the age of like 23? Because I can tell you for a fact almost every bison fan I interact with in real life (that's the place outside, where there's girls and fresh air and stuff) consider this weekend the biggest game of the year except Frisco.

BULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSHIT you cant even give away tickets. no one cares except old people and small town yokels
theres been so many huge games in our last 10 years, this is western illinois wrapped up in a drake/valpariso.

barnwintersportsengelstad
03-18-2021, 06:32 AM
The mafia have the Bison favored by a FG. GF Hearld’s Miller claims you win, while the Fargo bait clickers predict the visitors get the W. I’m thinking it’ll only be a rivalry game if we win, but home field advantage should prevail – if there is a blow out, that also goes with home field. If the Hawks win, it would take a big advantage in turnovers – slim shot at that. Realistically it is going to take a game in the Tin Shed for a Hawks’ W, that’ll be likely this fall.

I’ve been sticking with Zeb (cuz experience) all week. He’ll be taking the first snap of the game. Hand off and pass, but won’t accomplish much. Your special teams get 7 and a FG in the half, as both defenses play well. We’ll run one in.

Tommy takes the first snap of the second half and marches the offense for a score by Otis. Miller comes in some time in the 3rd. Each team gets one sack. Bison run two TD's in and defense scores another. Tommy throws a TD. We waggle our tails home. I'll be there!

WeAreThePride
03-18-2021, 06:43 AM
BULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSHIT you cant even give away tickets. no one cares except old people and small town yokels
theres been so many huge games in our last 10 years, this is western illinois wrapped up in a drake/valpariso.

Fuck yourself with your small town yokel bullshit.

You are a cancer on this website and this fanbase. Shove your Minnesota elitism up your prolapsed anus.

marenlee
03-18-2021, 09:16 AM

You talk more about the Fhawkers than anyone here. If anyone gives a shit it's you. It's so bad Jeff Culhane mentioned how retarded you are on the show yesterday.

MNLonghorn10
03-18-2021, 12:34 PM

You are a cancer on this website and this fanbase. Shove your Minnesota elitism up your prolapsed anus.

Sounds like something an old small town yokel would say

heffray
03-18-2021, 01:07 PM
You talk more about the Fhawkers than anyone here. If anyone gives a shit it's you. It's so bad Jeff Culhane mentioned how retarded you are on the show yesterday.

Wait... this happened?

MankatoBison
03-18-2021, 01:56 PM

Lol we wanted it to be interesting because our competition getting BETTER, not US getting WORSE hahah

thebigund
03-18-2021, 01:57 PM
https://media.tenor.com/images/e0d60fb5a3ecd8e21841a35e7aa35526/tenor.gif

It’s the gift that keeps on giving. One of the few redeeming qualities of this shithole.

thebigund
03-18-2021, 01:58 PM

Lol, what a looser.

scottietohottie
03-18-2021, 01:59 PM
I was holding off on the Babich comments until after this weekend but see sdbison beat me to it. The thought had went through my mind as well.

MankatoBison
03-18-2021, 02:02 PM
As we approach the #GameOfTheCentury this weekend, here is the REAL question I need answers to....

Without tailgaiting... where is the hot spot before the game?? I'm coming up for my annual game with my dad and want to show him a good time. Tailgating has always been there but now I dont know where to go haha

Any suggestions?

scottietohottie
03-18-2021, 02:05 PM
As we approach the #GameOfTheCentury this weekend, here is the REAL question I need answers to....

Without tailgaiting... where is the hot spot before the game?? I'm coming up for my annual game with my dad and want to show him a good time. Tailgating has always been there but now I dont know where to go haha

Any suggestions?

I'll be in a barn wearing all spandex and a luchador mask banding and tagging calves if you want to join me.

heckler
03-18-2021, 02:07 PM

I mean MN is God's country.

Why do all the trees in minnesota lean east?

Because north dakota blows

scottietohottie
03-18-2021, 02:13 PM

Minneapolis and Saint Paul SUCK!

BattleBorn
03-18-2021, 02:16 PM

Supposing this argument is true, we must accept that a very large and $ignificant portion of this fan base meets both conditions described above.

El_Chapo
03-18-2021, 03:02 PM
Sounds like something an old small town yokel would say

its embarassing after what NDSU has down the last 10 years that THOSE SMALL TOWN ND YOKELS would rather rub the thigh of their stupid und buddy down the bar. just goto minot/bismarck/name your town. They think its 1993 . its 2021, NDSU Admin failed this state by sitting back and not moving up. So we plateaued & here we are. i see hundreds of cheap tickets, students are on spring break, only the media is pushing this because they need clicks to survive.

BISONBRI53
03-18-2021, 03:19 PM
its embarassing after what NDSU has down the last 10 years that THOSE SMALL TOWN ND YOKELS would rather rub the thigh of their stupid und buddy down the bar. just goto minot/bismarck/name your town. They think its 1993 . its 2021, NDSU Admin failed this state by sitting back and not moving up. So we plateaued & here we are. i see hundreds of cheap tickets, students are on spring break, only the media is pushing this because they need clicks to survive.

Hey idiot! did you know people have a life outside of Bison football? A lot of those HUNDREDS of tickets for sale people have things going on... kids tournaments, family, work etc. This is the SPRING. Not a normal season where people with tickets usually have their Saturday's blocked out for games.

Kevin
03-18-2021, 03:20 PM
Hey idiot! did you know people have a life outside of Bison football? A lot of those HUNDREDS of tickets for sale people have things going on... kids tournaments, family, work etc. This is the SPRING. Not a normal season where people with tickets usually have their Saturday's blocked out for games.

u mad bro?

BISONBRI53
03-18-2021, 03:23 PM
u mad bro?

:nod::nod::nod::irslow:

Hammerhead
03-18-2021, 03:30 PM
I would be at this game if it weren't for COVID. We got our first shot yesterday so we should be good to go in 6-7 weeks with our 2nd dose coming up in 3 weeks.

barnwintersportsengelstad
03-18-2021, 04:58 PM
I would be at this game if it weren't for COVID. We got our first shot yesterday so we should be good to go in 6-7 weeks with our 2nd dose coming up in 3 weeks.

Had my second shot (pfzier) two weeks ago, no effects after 1st shot - sick for 5 days after 2nd shot, started couple hours after shot. Feel good now, going to the game. Wish you well.

23Bison
03-18-2021, 05:09 PM
I’d go to the game but have plans outside of the 3 hrs that the game is on. Can’t make money or get shit done sitting in Fargo. I’d say its a pretty simple reason why people are going to games. I personally don’t think Covid is that big of a percentage of why people aren’t going. I believe this is the spring and not the fall and everyone’s schedule right now doesn’t line up with trips to Fargo at this time of year.

Professor Chaos
03-18-2021, 05:20 PM
I’d go to the game but have plans outside of the 3 hrs that the game is on. Can’t make money or get shit done sitting in Fargo. I’d say its a pretty simple reason why people are going to games. I personally don’t think Covid is that big of a percentage of why people aren’t going. I believe this is the spring and not the fall and everyone’s schedule right now doesn’t line up with trips to Fargo at this time of year.
Attendance was already trending down in the fall also. Had COVID never come along I have little doubt that the UND and SDSU games would've been the only Fargodome sellouts last fall (along with maybe a home playoff semifinal if there was one).

BiZon22
03-18-2021, 05:21 PM

It’s funny listening to people from MN and Eastern ND talk about God’s Country. West side best side!

reformedUNDfan
03-18-2021, 06:43 PM

I don't know anyone who cares.

El_Chapo
03-18-2021, 06:49 PM

im literally just gonna hand off my tickets for FREE , its pathetic.

airmail
03-18-2021, 07:05 PM

Some do, some don't at this point.

But if NDSU loses this one, getting a win out of the following three games won't be easy either, IMO. Then everyone will surely care.

Important game for both teams, despite what some will admit.

abc123
03-18-2021, 07:09 PM

Quit spending all your time in the trees.

SDbison
03-18-2021, 07:35 PM

But if NDSU loses this one, getting a win out of the following three games won't be easy either, IMO. Then everyone will surely care.

Important game for both teams, despite what some will admit. Regardless, UND will always suck!

NDSUBowler
03-18-2021, 07:46 PM

I care!

I love NDSU-UND week and I'm excited for the game. Surprised NDSU is -3.5, I thought it would be the other way around, so maybe that's playing on popularity of #TheBrand but if NDSU was starting Zeb, I'd be hard pressed to bet the farm I don't have on UND.

It's a bummer that this is right in middle of the 1st rd of NCAA tourney, but it means I can find a place to pregame and watch basketball til 2, zip to dome, zip home and watch rest of games. Should be a fun day!

Professor Chaos
03-18-2021, 07:59 PM
I care!

I love NDSU-UND week and I'm excited for the game. Surprised NDSU is -3.5, I thought it would be the other way around, so maybe that's playing on popularity of #TheBrand but if NDSU was starting Zeb, I'd be hard pressed to bet the farm I don't have on UND.

It's a bummer that this is right in middle of the 1st rd of NCAA tourney, but it means I can find a place to pregame and watch basketball til 2, zip to dome, zip home and watch rest of games. Should be a fun day!
Yeah, I wish they would've kept the NCAA tournament round of 64 games on Thursday and Friday instead bumping them to Friday and Saturday this year. With the normal NCAA tournament schedule you'd only miss a couple games and parts of a couple others on the opening Saturday of the tournament with a Bison football game during the mid-afternoon.

Will be quite a day for sports though on Saturday... 16 NCAA tournament games, NDSU/UND headlining a pretty good slate of FCS games like SIU/SDSU, and the championship of the ND state B boys basketball tournament.

TAILG8R
03-18-2021, 09:00 PM

Important game for both teams, despite what some will admit.

I think most NDSU fans(not those on Bisonville) will shrug their shoulders and chalk a bad season up to Covid/Spring Football/Players leaving for the NFL/Etc. Now if the Bison don't come out and dominate in the fall, you'll see the fanbase start to turn sour towards the coaches, imo.

56BISON73
03-19-2021, 12:13 AM
I think most NDSU fans(not those on Bisonville) will shrug their shoulders and chalk a bad season up to Covid/Spring Football/Players leaving for the NFL/Etc. Now if the Bison don't come out and dominate in the fall, you'll see the fanbase start to turn sour towards the coaches, imo.

Exactly the way I look at it.

Roj
03-19-2021, 01:37 AM

Suck my ass!

semobison
03-19-2021, 01:56 AM
The main reason this game isn’t a big deal for me...It’s mid March for fucks sake!

Professor Chaos
03-19-2021, 02:01 AM
Suck my ass!
This is a hell of a post to come off a 2+ year hiatus with!

abc123
03-19-2021, 02:20 AM
Suck my ass!

http://m.quickmeme.com/img/4b/4b29a5ad6929e348b71a6ff56702d4901042e1d8be40c4d87a b40f54a607e1d2.jpg

EC8CH
03-19-2021, 02:20 AM

Now you have me wondering what his last post was 2 years ago.

NDSU92
03-19-2021, 02:43 AM

Better question is how does he only have one chicklet???

ByeSonBusiness
03-19-2021, 02:59 AM

Quality > Quantity

Professor Chaos
03-19-2021, 05:06 AM
Quality > Quantity
The rest of us should be taking notes. :)

El_Chapo
03-19-2021, 05:43 AM

he has an ASS fetish...

Roj
Roj is offline Junior Member New User (or just very quiet)

Default Re: Has Entz ran this program into the ground?

Suck my ass you arrogant ass.

marenlee
03-19-2021, 11:12 AM
Wait... this happened?

March 17th show at the 8:55 mark. GOLD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BisonHorns
03-19-2021, 11:50 AM
March 17th show at the 8:55 mark. GOLD.

Can you post a link to the video?

El_Chapo
03-19-2021, 02:37 PM
Day 5 zero offers on tickets there are legit hundreds of tickets for sale on facebook/craigslist.

NCAA BB tourney, Min State HS tourneys, Class B in nd, Fishing in Missouri River, Im' going to the dump for spring cleaning instead.

zero rivalry, no matter how much kfgo & others try to boner it up

ByeSonBusiness
03-19-2021, 02:39 PM

Zero? Are we sure about that?

EC8CH
03-19-2021, 02:40 PM

Lakes math... By now at least I know how that works.

abc123
03-19-2021, 02:49 PM

I'm sure it won't be the highest attended game of the spring by a few thousand or anything.
NDSU has sold out of their allotment so there must be some sort of demand.

Sioux27
03-19-2021, 03:05 PM
Day 5 zero offers on tickets there are legit hundreds of tickets for sale on facebook/craigslist.

NCAA BB tourney, Min State HS tourneys, Class B in nd, Fishing in Missouri River, Im' going to the dump for spring cleaning instead.

I've already offered previously. Can't give them away? How full of shit are you?????

BISONBRI53
03-19-2021, 03:47 PM
I heard that Entz and Larson were driving around a pizza golf cart handing out tickets to anyone around town yelling SIOUX SUCK to drum up the rivalry!

BFKasper14
03-19-2021, 03:55 PM
I've already offered previously. Can't give them away? How full of shit are you?????

It’s lakes. What do you expect?

El_Chapo
03-19-2021, 04:07 PM
It’s lakes. What do you expect?

no its true. just messaged 2 ndsu players from 2017 they dont even freaking want the tickets. said "no one cares" HAHAHA.

JMB
03-19-2021, 04:18 PM

Hey us Minnesotans are elite! Just ask the gophers football coach!

BISONBRI53
03-19-2021, 04:26 PM
no its true. just messaged 2 ndsu players from 2017 they dont even freaking want the tickets. said "no one cares" HAHAHA.

or their parents?

SafeTeeJ
03-19-2021, 04:33 PM
MPLS area watch parties? Thanks

~I care

Sioux27
03-19-2021, 05:51 PM

BTW......crushed crappies on one of your known lakes (W)…..still at 14 feet.

El_Chapo
03-19-2021, 06:27 PM
BTW......crushed crappies on one of your known lakes (W)…..still at 14 feet.

man how can you get past that access & open water.. have to drive along shoreline EAST right away?

reformedUNDfan
03-19-2021, 06:29 PM

This hit me so close I presume you must know me

Sioux27
03-19-2021, 06:35 PM
man how can you get past that access & open water.. have to drive along shoreline EAST right away?

Stay east....I pulled a portable out from a friends property and walked it out about 200 yards. I wouldn't drive on this lake anymore.

kab1one
03-19-2021, 06:43 PM
The athletic not high on the local team's chances

North Dakota at North Dakota St. (-3.5) – 3:30 p.m. Saturday on ESPN+
The game of the week also happens to be the best bet of the week. North Dakota travels to North Dakota State to fight for spring supremacy in the state and the Missouri Valley Conference. UND has been the best program in the FCS this spring and although NDSU has only lost one game, the Bison have not looked like the superior program people have become accustomed to seeing.

This game will definitely give indications of what we could expect in the postseason this spring. If North Dakota wins, it will signal that there is a new player in the chase for a title. If North Dakota State wins, balance is restored and its loss earlier in the season to Southern Illinois will be looked at as the Bison taking an opponent lightly or working out the early season kinks.

What my eyes see

The Fighting Hawks offense is extremely physical. The offensive line is big and aggressive. Sophomore running back Otis Weah knocks down opponents like a bowling ball en route to the end zone. Freshman quarterback Tommy Schuster has been excellent spreading the ball around to many weapons. Six receivers have nine or more receptions over the first four games and six receivers have caught at least one of Schuster’s seven touchdown passes. This level of offensive firepower has allowed UND to hand fifth-ranked Southern Illinois and sixth-ranked South Dakota State the only loss of their seasons. Although NDSU’s defense has performed well in their wins, in the loss to Southern Illinois, the Bison were unable to stop the Salukis.

What do the statistics say?

North Dakota’s offense is ranked 14th in the FCS in total yards; North Dakota State is ranked 17th. Both teams are next to each other defensively in total yards at 72nd and 73rd. However the stats become more telling when we compare their one similar opponent, Southern Illinois. NDSU compiled 268 yards against the Salukis while UND had 349 yards. The Fighting Hawks gave up 323 yards in their game against SIU; the Bison surrendered 443 yards.

Most disturbing for NDSU was that they gave up 170 yards rushing in their loss to SIU. Otis Weah averages seven yards per carry for UND, that’s double SIU’s average in their game against the Bison. In their victory over Illinois State, NDSU gave up 5.8 yards per carry to running back Nigel White, who is 5’9″ and 165 pounds. UND’s Otis Weah is also 5’9″ but 30 pounds heavier. That shapes up to be a long afternoon for the Bison defense.

Who’s playing?

It’s an interesting question for North Dakota State, especially at quarterback. Zeb Noland has been underwhelming this season, so far. In the Bison’s game against Illinois State, Noland was 6-for-13 for 72 yards and two interceptions. Dual-threat freshman Cam Miller came into the game, went 5-7 for 61 yards and rushed for 57 yards and a touchdown. The decision for the reigning champs seems to be if they will continue to give the Iowa State transfer Noland the opportunity to improve, or do they lean into the skillset of the young dynamic option at QB.

The offensive line is a major strength for the Fighting Hawks. Matt Waletzko, Ryan Tobin, Nathan Nguon, Kyle Hergel and Donny Ventrelli are all returning starters and will be around in the fall as well. There is only one senior in the group and there are several young, talented linemen waiting behind them all to get their opportunity. That unit loves moving defenders around and will be providing the escort for Otis Weah and the rushing attack. The offensive line provides their freshman signal caller with time to make plays — and Schuster has delivered. Even though the Bison may present the most talented defensive line UND has faced, they’ve had the ball run on them and that’s exactly what the Fighting Hawks want to do.

What are they playing for?

Conference position, recruiting, bragging rights — it’s all of the above. For North Dakota, this is an opportunity to announce its arrival as a legitimate force in the Missouri Valley and in FCS. It is also a chance to attract away some of the talent that had leaned toward North Dakota State during recruiting. This is the opportunity for little brother to punch big bro in the face and let him know he’s all grown up. A chance for the Fighting Hawks faithful to stand proud with their heads high and chest puffed proclaiming that they are more than just a hockey school.

For NDSU, this is its second game against a Top 10 opponent. The first one fed the Bison their only loss of the season and snapped a 39-game win streak. This game will be a barometer, one that will give the Bison faithful a better understanding of what they should expect from their team this season. A win means normalcy is restored, but a loss could mean a recalibration of expectations in Fargo.

Ultimately I think that the Bison are just not the team we have seen in the past. Truthfully, they are not the team we saw in the fall. They have compiled their wins against poor competition and North Dakota is far from that. I look for the running game to be a big factor in UND’s ability to control the time of possession. It will also open up the play action and keep the Bison defense off balance. The fact that North Dakota is an underdog in this game is surprising. Barring major turnovers, I believe they will walk away with a lopsided win.

Fighting Hawks win outright: 34-13

El_Chapo
03-19-2021, 06:58 PM
a gopher fan in the athletic what you think he's gonna say

Sioux27
03-19-2021, 07:13 PM
a gopher fan in the athletic what you think he's gonna say

What's your score prediction?

BiZon22
03-19-2021, 08:00 PM
what's your score prediction?

21-17 ndsu

El_Chapo
03-19-2021, 08:02 PM
34-17 ndsu (14 points from defense/special teams) haha

abc123
03-19-2021, 08:18 PM

Yes. #FadeChapo in full effect!

TAILG8R
03-19-2021, 09:44 PM
24-21 NDSU popped into my head today. I'm going with it.

abc123
03-20-2021, 01:20 AM
This hit me so close I presume you must know me

Nah but if the Lorax hat fits, wear it.

El_Chapo
03-20-2021, 03:08 AM
190 posts.

100 posts by und fans

50 posts of nonsense. embarassing.

ndsubison1
03-20-2021, 04:08 AM
The Bison are 3.5 favs with ppl expecting Und to cover. Go steal some money, we are covering this.

EC8CH
03-20-2021, 04:17 AM
190 posts.

100 posts by und fans

I think we can all agree, suck my ass was the high water mark of this thread.

kab1one
03-20-2021, 10:08 AM
190 posts.

100 posts by und fans

So now you know what JMU, Eastern Washington, Iowa State, Montana, etc. boards feel like when the lakes show comes to town..

El_Chapo
03-20-2021, 01:29 PM
I think we can all agree, suck my ass was the high water mark of this thread.

exactumundo

Kableone. hahaha

Urban Meyer
03-20-2021, 02:12 PM

Rivalry or no rivalry, if UND wins today, the Bison have to win in the fall or the FCS will landscape will have shifted.

El_Chapo
03-20-2021, 02:17 PM
Rivalry or no rivalry, if UND wins today, the Bison have to win in the fall or the FCS will landscape will have shifted.

its been 15 years that NDSU has dominated the pud FCS (cept for 2009) NDSU's program still doesn't belong here.

heffray
03-20-2021, 02:20 PM

100% Disagree.

TAILG8R
03-20-2021, 02:42 PM
100% Disagree.I tend to agree with you heffray. It will take 3-4 years of NDSU not being in the top 3 to say the landscape has shifted imo.

heffray
03-20-2021, 02:57 PM
I tend to agree with you heffray. It will take 3-4 years of NDSU not being in the top 3 to say the landscape has shifted imo.

Exactly. 1 or 2 seasons (with one being a weird Spring/Pandemic version) does not “shift the landscape”...

siouxfan512
03-20-2021, 03:41 PM
190 posts.

100 posts by und fans

Taking the time out of your life to count ... priceless

EC8CH
03-20-2021, 03:42 PM
Taking the time out of your life to count ... priceless

Thinking numbers provided by Lakes are accurate.

Adorable.

Hammerhead
03-20-2021, 04:17 PM
On the WDAY Bison Media Zone, every QB highlight had no linemen anywhere near the QB.

Hammersmith
03-20-2021, 04:18 PM
Thinking numbers provided by Lakes are accurate.

Adorable.

Truth. Real number was 35 posts by UND fans out of 202. And at least a few of those UND posts were pretty good. But I also counted 523 posts in this thread where lakes talked about UND. So there's that.

EC8CH
03-20-2021, 04:39 PM
Truth. Real number was 35 posts by UND fans out of 202. And at least a few of those UND posts were pretty good. But I also counted 523 posts in this thread where lakes talked about UND. So there's that.

The Lakes method of numerical exaggeration, is a field of mathematical study that deserves more academic attention.

heffray
03-20-2021, 04:45 PM
The Lakes method of numerical exaggeration, is a field of mathematical study that deserves more academic attention.

There’s some deep level Dunning Krueger analysis at play here...

scbison91
03-20-2021, 06:50 PM
Exactly. 1 or 2 seasons (with one being a weird Spring/Pandemic version) does not “shift the landscape”...Und is senior heavy. After 21 they are young and we have developed freshman this spring and fall

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Bison 4 Life
03-20-2021, 06:55 PM
Und is senior heavy. After 21 they are young and we have developed freshman this spring and fall

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

They are selling out for this weird season. Nobody good enough to go pro so everybody hanging around. They'll ride those seniors as far as they will take them.

Nothing will change. It will be like the 2001 season after they cut the DII scholarships.

El_Chapo
03-20-2021, 10:10 PM

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

OrygunBison
03-20-2021, 10:25 PM
WTF is wrong with all y'all?!?! This game is going to be about as competitive as the last two that we played those dumbasses.

10 characters.

heffray
03-20-2021, 10:28 PM
10 characters.

Credit to you and I’ll pump your prognostication all year...

WhoRepsTheLurker
03-20-2021, 10:50 PM
Who the **** wrote this drivel?

The athletic not high on the local team's chances

North Dakota at North Dakota St. (-3.5) – 3:30 p.m. Saturday on ESPN+
The game of the week also happens to be the best bet of the week. North Dakota travels to North Dakota State to fight for spring supremacy in the state and the Missouri Valley Conference. UND has been the best program in the FCS this spring and although NDSU has only lost one game, the Bison have not looked like the superior program people have become accustomed to seeing.

This game will definitely give indications of what we could expect in the postseason this spring. If North Dakota wins, it will signal that there is a new player in the chase for a title. If North Dakota State wins, balance is restored and its loss earlier in the season to Southern Illinois will be looked at as the Bison taking an opponent lightly or working out the early season kinks.

What my eyes see

The Fighting Hawks offense is extremely physical. The offensive line is big and aggressive. Sophomore running back Otis Weah knocks down opponents like a bowling ball en route to the end zone. Freshman quarterback Tommy Schuster has been excellent spreading the ball around to many weapons. Six receivers have nine or more receptions over the first four games and six receivers have caught at least one of Schuster’s seven touchdown passes. This level of offensive firepower has allowed UND to hand fifth-ranked Southern Illinois and sixth-ranked South Dakota State the only loss of their seasons. Although NDSU’s defense has performed well in their wins, in the loss to Southern Illinois, the Bison were unable to stop the Salukis.

What do the statistics say?

North Dakota’s offense is ranked 14th in the FCS in total yards; North Dakota State is ranked 17th. Both teams are next to each other defensively in total yards at 72nd and 73rd. However the stats become more telling when we compare their one similar opponent, Southern Illinois. NDSU compiled 268 yards against the Salukis while UND had 349 yards. The Fighting Hawks gave up 323 yards in their game against SIU; the Bison surrendered 443 yards.

Most disturbing for NDSU was that they gave up 170 yards rushing in their loss to SIU. Otis Weah averages seven yards per carry for UND, that’s double SIU’s average in their game against the Bison. In their victory over Illinois State, NDSU gave up 5.8 yards per carry to running back Nigel White, who is 5’9″ and 165 pounds. UND’s Otis Weah is also 5’9″ but 30 pounds heavier. That shapes up to be a long afternoon for the Bison defense.

Who’s playing?

It’s an interesting question for North Dakota State, especially at quarterback. Zeb Noland has been underwhelming this season, so far. In the Bison’s game against Illinois State, Noland was 6-for-13 for 72 yards and two interceptions. Dual-threat freshman Cam Miller came into the game, went 5-7 for 61 yards and rushed for 57 yards and a touchdown. The decision for the reigning champs seems to be if they will continue to give the Iowa State transfer Noland the opportunity to improve, or do they lean into the skillset of the young dynamic option at QB.

The offensive line is a major strength for the Fighting Hawks. Matt Waletzko, Ryan Tobin, Nathan Nguon, Kyle Hergel and Donny Ventrelli are all returning starters and will be around in the fall as well. There is only one senior in the group and there are several young, talented linemen waiting behind them all to get their opportunity. That unit loves moving defenders around and will be providing the escort for Otis Weah and the rushing attack. The offensive line provides their freshman signal caller with time to make plays — and Schuster has delivered. Even though the Bison may present the most talented defensive line UND has faced, they’ve had the ball run on them and that’s exactly what the Fighting Hawks want to do.

What are they playing for?

Conference position, recruiting, bragging rights — it’s all of the above. For North Dakota, this is an opportunity to announce its arrival as a legitimate force in the Missouri Valley and in FCS. It is also a chance to attract away some of the talent that had leaned toward North Dakota State during recruiting. This is the opportunity for little brother to punch big bro in the face and let him know he’s all grown up. A chance for the Fighting Hawks faithful to stand proud with their heads high and chest puffed proclaiming that they are more than just a hockey school.

For NDSU, this is its second game against a Top 10 opponent. The first one fed the Bison their only loss of the season and snapped a 39-game win streak. This game will be a barometer, one that will give the Bison faithful a better understanding of what they should expect from their team this season. A win means normalcy is restored, but a loss could mean a recalibration of expectations in Fargo.

Ultimately I think that the Bison are just not the team we have seen in the past. Truthfully, they are not the team we saw in the fall. They have compiled their wins against poor competition and North Dakota is far from that. I look for the running game to be a big factor in UND’s ability to control the time of possession. It will also open up the play action and keep the Bison defense off balance. The fact that North Dakota is an underdog in this game is surprising. Barring major turnovers, I believe they will walk away with a lopsided win.

Fighting Hawks win outright: 34-13

SafeTeeJ
03-21-2021, 01:09 AM

Some over analyzing member of the press out to make their mark on an a poorly researched opinion.

Never, ever underestimate the power of a good defense to totally change the feeling and flow of a game and take a team out of their game plan. .

BFKasper14
03-21-2021, 02:02 AM

Had the score right. Just the wrong winner. Yeah that can definitely be used as fish wrap.

bruinbison
03-21-2021, 01:20 PM

People needed to read this pregame article instead!

https://247sports.com/college/north-dakota-state/Article/Dober-UND-Game-NDSU-Football-Matt-Entz-162658952/

It reinforced many things I was already thinking, plus added in much more.

GoBizon!

ndsubison1
03-21-2021, 08:43 PM
This why you dont just look at scores.