PDA

View Full Version : Cam Miller ERA Begins......3/13

SamsRams
03-13-2021, 10:34 PM
It should’ve began 10/3 like I posted in the Zeb post. I also said in that post this offense is built around mobile QBs and that is what Cam is.

He is gonna make mistakes but he is also gonna hit some home runs. And we will for sure see progression from him. Hate or love it, when he stepped on campus he was the highest rated high school recruit in NDSU history.

WHO CAN
CAM CAN

heffray
03-13-2021, 10:37 PM
It should’ve began 10/3 like I posted in the Zeb post. I also said in that post this offense is built around mobile QBs and that is what Cam is.

He is gonna make mistakes but he is also gonna hit some home runs. And we will for sure see progression from him. Hate or love it, when he stepped on campus he was the highest rated high school recruit in NDSU history.

WHO CAN
CAM CAN

Credit where credit is due. You were right about Cam Miller.

Bisonator98
03-13-2021, 10:39 PM
I thought Zeb would be the better option with all of his time here but he just doesn't have IT. Cam has a lot to learn but that's the exciting part, he's only going to get better IMO.

EC8CH
03-13-2021, 10:40 PM

WHO CAN
CAM CAN

Kid did his job today. Didn't try to be the hero but made plays when he needed to.

23Bison
03-13-2021, 10:42 PM
Herumph!!!!

jcdcubs
03-13-2021, 10:44 PM
Cam runs but Zeb doesn't. Zeb is pure garbage.

Jay
03-13-2021, 10:44 PM
Let's gooooo!

WeAreThePride
03-13-2021, 10:45 PM
Cam could be the next Easton Stick.

I don't mean to be putting the cart in front of the horse here, but I think he will probably become the winningest college quarterback of all time.

It's Miller Time, baby.

jcdcubs
03-13-2021, 10:49 PM
Patterson play this Fall. They will fight for the #1 QB between Cam and Patterson.

bisoningrandforks
03-13-2021, 10:49 PM
not just Zeb Noland...but there are plenty of guys just like him that can process plays like no other on the chalkboard but cant on the field....they usually make good coaches.!

BFKasper14
03-13-2021, 10:50 PM
This begs the question...

Who will win the QB battle between Miller and incoming freshman, Cole Payton? I know. Getting ahead of myself, but Payton looks damn good as well...

Edit...not to mention Patterson coming in in the fall. Going to be an interesting couple of years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bisoningrandforks
03-13-2021, 10:51 PM
This begs the question...

Who will win the QB battle between Miller and incoming freshman, Cole Payton? I know. Getting ahead of myself, but Payton looks damn good as well...

yes he does but Im sure they hope to redshirt him..

BFKasper14
03-13-2021, 10:52 PM
yes he does but Im sure they hope to redshirt him..

Oh for sure! I don’t think there is ANY question they will.

Jay
03-13-2021, 10:53 PM

SamsRams
03-13-2021, 11:00 PM

Don’t lump me in with those Bison fans. Never in on Zeb and don’t hold hands with fat chicks

23Bison
03-13-2021, 11:02 PM
It Has Begun!!

BFKasper14
03-13-2021, 11:03 PM
Zeb has a great personality.

gabisonfan
03-13-2021, 11:07 PM
Most of all the defense hates being on the sidelines for over 8 minutes on one drive in the 4th quarter. Hopefully, the coaches will agree that Cam should be on the field full time.

KSBisonFan
03-13-2021, 11:14 PM
I'm on board with Miller time, but I'd be lying if, deep down, I didn't wish his name was Pabst or Sam Adams. Even Cam Coors would be better, imo.

El_Chapo
03-13-2021, 11:16 PM
ain't gonna matter with this O Coord

Quincy Patterson/Cole Peyton/Cam Miller battle will be something

HerdBot
03-13-2021, 11:35 PM
I'm on board with Miller time, but I'd be lying if, deep down, I didn't wish his name was Pabst or Sam Adams. Even Cam Coors would be better, imo.

Cam Heineken or Cam Shiner Bock

heffray
03-13-2021, 11:38 PM

Must spread rep...

“Cam Two Hearted Ale” has a nice ring to it...

23Bison
03-13-2021, 11:39 PM

I do love me some shiner bock!!:bong:

Wally
03-13-2021, 11:39 PM
Cam Whiteclaw

23Bison
03-13-2021, 11:41 PM
Cam Whiteclaw

:rofl::rofl:

heffray
03-13-2021, 11:54 PM
Cam Todd the Axeman.

oldmantutters
03-13-2021, 11:56 PM
Cam Todd the Axeman.Todd got the axe so it can just be Cam Axe Man

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

SamsRams
03-14-2021, 12:00 AM

You aren’t allowed to post in this thread

“ Cam Miller has a zero percent chance since he is redshirting and way undersized”
Herdbot 10/3/20

EC8CH
03-14-2021, 12:03 AM

“ Cam Miller has a zero percent chance since he is redshirting and way undersized”
Herdbot 10/3/20

He does look a bit undersized out there, but fuck it, best option we got.

DakotaOkie
03-14-2021, 12:34 AM
Relative to the RBs size, Cam is a beast.

Regardless, still looks like the #1 option until proven otherwise.

heffray
03-14-2021, 12:47 AM
Todd got the axe so it can just be Cam Axe Man

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Yeah good point, it’s funnier with the full name, though.

Thread drift, But Surly hasn’t been the same since Todd left.

heffray
03-14-2021, 12:48 AM

Herdbot 10/3/20

If anyone’s looking for advice on how to be a total dick while making a point, look no further than this thread.

SamsRams
03-14-2021, 12:56 AM
If anyone’s looking for advice on how to be a total dick while making a point, look no further than this thread.

Well I never said Deez would be starting

SamsRams
03-14-2021, 01:00 AM

Pretty much the same size as Easton and yes he is the best option

thebigund
03-14-2021, 01:01 AM
Damn it. I was really looking forward to Zeb at qb for you guys next week.

SamsRams
03-14-2021, 01:11 AM
Deleted double post

EC8CH
03-14-2021, 01:23 AM

He looks smaller. Definitely the best option though.

BFKasper14
03-14-2021, 01:40 AM

Wasnt Easton 6’3? The roster has Cam at 5’10. That’s a pretty big difference.

steelbison
03-14-2021, 01:51 AM
Thought Cam played great for his first extensive action. Didn’t force it and like the running aspect.

Best of luck to Jeb. Once A Bison always a Bison.

tolnabison
03-14-2021, 01:54 AM
Wasnt Easton 6’3? The roster has Cam at 5’10. That’s a pretty big difference.

Is this guy serious?

https://gobison.com/sports/football/roster/cam-miller/9286

BFKasper14
03-14-2021, 03:05 AM
Is this guy serious?

https://gobison.com/sports/football/roster/cam-miller/9286

I must have looked at the wrong line on the printed roster. My mistake.

WeAreThePride
03-14-2021, 09:51 AM
Cam Imperial Stout

stevdock
03-14-2021, 04:58 PM
The biggest play of the game was actually allowing Cam to throw the ball. Whenever he came in the defense just keyed on the running game. In fact that's what ISU's D-line coach told his kids. Whenever he's in expect them running and let's shut it down. Once he threw one ball, then his running lanes started to open because they had to respect the pass.

Professor Chaos
03-14-2021, 05:21 PM
The biggest play of the game was actually allowing Cam to throw the ball. Whenever he came in the defense just keyed on the running game. In fact that's what ISU's D-line coach told his kids. Whenever he's in expect them running and let's shut it down. Once he threw one ball, then his running lanes started to open because they had to respect the pass.
I still don't recall any successful designed QB runs. Seems like he got most of his rush yards on scrambles... but to your point the fact that he dropped back to pass and forced the defense to defend both dimensions of the offense was when he had success.

23Bison
03-14-2021, 05:44 PM
I believe he had a couple designed runs that went for 3-5 yds per attempt. Something Zeb couldn’t do and I guess Cam couldn’t do when he was subbing for Zeb.

This is where the running game shines. Gonella and Cam were actually getting positive 3 yd runs together moving the chains.

KSBisonFan
03-14-2021, 06:14 PM
I believe he had a couple designed runs that went for 3-5 yds per attempt. Something Zeb couldn’t do and I guess Cam couldn’t do when he was subbing for Zeb.

This is where the running game shines. Gonella and Cam were actually getting positive 3 yd runs together moving the chains.

Our 3rd and long situations seemed to decrease with Miller in the game. Maybe a coincidence, but just saying.

23Bison
03-14-2021, 11:58 PM
His two passes to Watson were absolutely perfect. One was his first attempt ever in college and I believe the second was maybe his 2nd or 3rd ever in college. I believe that’s accurate. Now everyone is talking about Patterson coming in this fall and taking over. I just want to remind some that Cam is the highest rated prospect out of high school that we have ever had with a rating of 86. Patterson is quite the physical specimen and had the stars coming out of high school with a rating of 90 but lacks some throwing ability when referencing his experience at VT. Cam will have the in game reps and Patterson will have the stars and practice experience. Stars don’t mean squat but unless someone blows away the competition, I don’t see Cam not being the starter this fall with all the game experience.

Professor Chaos
03-15-2021, 12:05 AM
His two passes to Watson were absolutely perfect. One was his first attempt ever in college and I believe the second was maybe his 2nd or 3rd ever in college. I believe that’s accurate. Now everyone is talking about Patterson coming in this fall and taking over. I just want to remind some that Cam is the highest rated prospect out of high school that we have ever had with a rating of 86. Patterson is quite the physical specimen and had the stars coming out of high school with a rating of 90 but lacks some throwing ability when referencing his experience at VT. Cam will have the in game reps and Patterson will have the stars and practice experience. Stars don’t mean squat but unless someone blows away the competition, I don’t see Cam not being the starter this fall with all the game experience.
There's a lot of the spring left before this will even be a question. Let's see how Cam closes out the spring... I'd agree he could certainly win the starting job in the fall with a good performance over the next month (or two hopefully). I don't think we've seen enough from him yet to vault him over Patterson (or Logan Graetz or Cole Payton for that matter).

I've seen a few people on here already drawing the parallels but this all seems very reminiscent to the 2010 season where Jensen replaced Mohler and after leading the team to the quarterfinals and nearly further it was pretty clear Jensen was the guy going forward into 2011 and beyond. I'd love nothing more than to see Cam seize the opportunity this spring just like Brock did in the fall of 2010.

EC8CH
03-15-2021, 12:06 AM

Sucks that we are in store for a QB controversy for the next few seasons. Dependable QB succession has been huge for the run over the past decade.

23Bison
03-15-2021, 12:11 AM
There's a lot of the spring left before this will even be a question. Let's see how Cam closes out the spring... I'd agree he could certainly win the starting job in the fall with a good performance over the next month (or two hopefully). I don't think we've seen enough from him yet to vault him over Patterson (or Logan Graetz or Cole Payton for that matter).

I've seen a few people on here already drawing the parallels but this all seems very reminiscent to the 2010 season where Jensen replaced Mohler and after leading the team to the quarterfinals and nearly further it was pretty clear Jensen was the guy going forward into 2011 and beyond. I'd love nothing more than to see Cam seize the opportunity this spring just like Brock did in the fall of 2010.
I can agree with this. After all, it’s been one quarter of playing time for him. My next question maybe should be on a different thread but other than for support reasons, do you see Zeb staying for the fall? I think he will but it wouldn’t surprise me if he graduates either and and gets into coaching.

Professor Chaos
03-15-2021, 12:16 AM
I can agree with this. After all, it’s been one quarter of playing time for him. My next question maybe should be on a different thread but other than for support reasons, do you see Zeb staying for the fall? I think he will but it wouldn’t surprise me if he graduates either and and gets into coaching.
Yeah, that's a good question. I'd be pretty surprised to see him back with the Bison in the fall. I'd imagine he'll either start the next chapter of his life after this spring or transfer again and find somewhere where he could potentially play and finish off his eligibility elsewhere in the fall.

Bisonator98
03-15-2021, 12:18 AM
I doubt Zeb will be here this fall.

Bisonator98
03-15-2021, 12:24 AM
I think we are going to see a much improved offense this week if Cam gets all the reps with the starters and Roehl can game plan for him as the starter. The QB run game is back in play, should open up the playbook even more.

Son of a Bison
03-15-2021, 07:48 AM
The QB future is good here. They will all push each other. Hedberg has coached them up and seems like they all support each other. The Bison have had success with QBs switching positions and making impacts at different positions and I can recall at least 2 making interceptions on their final college career plays to seal national championships IIRC. I would rather have some of the QBs change position rather than transfer out if they feel it’s best to help the team in a new position.

TAILG8R
03-15-2021, 06:14 PM
I think we are going to see a much improved offense this week if Cam gets all the reps with the starters and Roehl can game plan for him as the starter. The QB run game is back in play, should open up the playbook even more.

We might actually see a smaller playbook but more well rounded. Give him easy reads on passing plays and knowing we have a capable runningQB should open up more designed QB runs or better RRO execution.

Hammerhead
03-15-2021, 06:33 PM
Isn't it fun to talk football again and discuss what might happen on Saturdays?!

reformedUNDfan
03-15-2021, 06:40 PM

Cam can win a championship as a starting QB before what could be his redshirt season if patterson wins out. He can be a redshit freshman in 2022

TransAmBison
03-15-2021, 06:43 PM
Isn't it fun to talk football again and discuss what might happen on Saturdays?!Absolutely. Feels so much like when Brock took over. Not looking forward to the growing pains, but I definitely have hope again.

56BISON73
03-15-2021, 06:48 PM
Absolutely. Feels so much like when Brock took over. Not looking forward to the growing pains, but I definitely have hope again.

We lost 2-3 years of QB development with TL leaving early. Now its on the job training.

bisoningrandforks
03-15-2021, 07:38 PM
we lost 2-3 years of qb development with tl leaving early. Now its on the job training.

bingo..........

Bisonator98
03-15-2021, 07:47 PM
We might actually see a smaller playbook but more well rounded. Give him easy reads on passing plays and knowing we have a capable runningQB should open up more designed QB runs or better RRO execution.

I didn't necessarily mean a bigger playbook but like you said more design QB run plays which I'm sure were taken out with Zeb in there.