PDA

View Full Version : Tim Prinsen's career ends

Bison_Nation
04-07-2005, 02:35 PM
It seems that former UND OL Tim Prinsen, playing for his hometown Edmonton Eskimos, has retired due to injuries sustained after being rear-ended in a traffic accident.

Yes, a member of the Sioux, but certainly a worthy adversary of the Bison from 93-96.

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/EdmontonSun/Sports/2005/04/07/986081-sun.html

Accident ends Prinsen's career

GERRY PRINCE, EDMONTON SUN

"Tim Prinsen feels cheated. After recovering from a knee infection which sidelined him for the final four regular season games and last November's Western semi-final, the veteran centre was looking forward to another four seasons in an Edmonton Eskimos uniform.

However, a severe case of whiplash suffered in a traffic accident has left the six-foot-four, 300-pound Prinsen with limited strength in his left arm and ended his eight-year CFL career..."

tony
04-07-2005, 04:24 PM
That's too bad about Prinsen. Hopefully his arm gets back to normal soon.

BTW, welcome aboard, Bison_Nation. Maybe if NDSU can't find an eleventh game we could have a rematch of the 1948 contest :)

greenandgold01
04-07-2005, 04:54 PM
Do the Candian schools play by NCAA rules or CFL rules?

Bison_Nation
04-07-2005, 05:12 PM
Rematch of 1948? Doubtful. 1948 was the last year of football at Manitoba until 1962, so I don't think we'd be any more competitive than we were then (28-6, NDSU).

Canadian schools have played some D II and D III schools over the past 15 years. Nearly all games have been in the Americans' favour.

I guess things have come a long way since Michigan and the University of Toronto (0-8 last season) played to a scoreless tie in 1879.

Games have often been first half Canadian and second half American. Although when Simon Fraser University of Vancouver was part of the NAIA, their games against the crosstown University of British Columbia would feature games played under the home team's rules.
SFU is now part of the Canada West Conference.

I figure it's harder to adjust to American rules rather than vice versa. That and we're a little too used to having backs in motion prior to the snap.

I'd just like it if you folks could travel to Winnipeg on weekends NDSU is on the road and give the small but strong U of M Bison Nation some rowdy football fans and bigger and better tailgating.

Did I mention that beer is sold from the bottle at U of M games? And that a new, very reasonably-priced Super 8 Motel is just down the street from campus? And that wives/gfs/non-football people can be parked at the St. Vital Shopping Centre a good mall that's a mere 10-minute drive from campus? Or should I point out the campus bar, which donates proceeds to the football program?

Hey, I don't want to siphon fans from the "southern" Herd, but it's better than going to see the Whioux when the Bison are out of town and hard to travel alongside. After all, I've gone to UND, NDSU and Gopher games when my Bisons were on the road or had an open date.

Trimmy
04-09-2005, 04:18 AM
What stadium does the U of M play at?

Tim Prinsen was a good guy.

BisonNation
04-09-2005, 08:24 AM
University Stadium (capacity 5000) on the campus. Originally built in 1966 for the 1967 Pan-Am Games. Top attendance in recent memory was over 7000 on September 25, 1999 against the University of Saskatchewan.

In 1998-1999 temporary stands on the north side of the field were erected for the 1999 Pan-Am Games, bringing capacity to 10 000.

Average attendance can fall between 1200-3000 per season. As an alumnus, I'd love to see that improve.