PDA

View Full Version : The Zeb era is over

THEsocalledfan
02-27-2021, 07:54 PM
So, do we have any other options at all?

WeAreThePride
02-27-2021, 07:56 PM
There's always the Veer.

Bisonator98
02-27-2021, 07:56 PM
Why the fuck didn't they play Miller after the int? I think we may be stuck with him this spring.

BiZon22
02-27-2021, 07:57 PM
He’s the worst Qb we’ve had since... what? The 90s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
02-27-2021, 07:57 PM
There's always the Veer.
Not with this o-line. Just a reminder that UND ran for 230 on these guys last week.

reformedUNDfan
02-27-2021, 07:58 PM
Not with this o-line. Just a reminder that UND ran for 230 on these guys last week.

was that the Oline or the 180 lb running back up the middle 13 times

Big Bird
02-27-2021, 08:02 PM

Both, but mainly the o-line. Had the o-line opened some holes, the small rbs could have gotten a little going.

td577
02-27-2021, 08:21 PM
Both, but mainly the o-line. Had the o-line opened some holes, the small rbs could have gotten a little going.The o-line ain't opening holes with 8 guys in the box. Run outside, wr screens, and anything but continuing to pound the ball inside against a defense ready for a gap runs. SIU sold out completely to inside runs and the Bison obliged. The when it was 3rd and long, the dog guys pinned their ears back and disrupted the passing game. The Bison made it an easy game.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
02-27-2021, 08:23 PM
The o-line ain't opening holes with 8 guys in the box. Run outside, wr screens, and anything but continuing to pound the ball inside against a defense ready for a gap runs. SIU sold out completely to inside runs and the Bison obliged. The when it was 3rd and long, the dog guys pinned their ears back and disrupted the passing game. The Bison made it an easy game.

I think you're over-simplifying it. They passed plenty on first down but were almost completely inept then too.

El_Chapo
02-27-2021, 09:02 PM
F Iowa State

23Bison
02-27-2021, 09:07 PM
Zeb era apparently should never have started.

tjbison
02-27-2021, 09:21 PM
The OC has to take some of the heat, 3rd and 8 and we try to run straight up the gut?? WTF

Some very poor decisions all around

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

HerdistheWord
02-27-2021, 09:25 PM
Zeb started the game with some on target throws. He seems like someone who gets rattled and loses his composure.

EC8CH
02-27-2021, 09:26 PM
Zeb started the game with some on target throws. He seems like someone who gets rattled and loses his composure.

I just don't see the potential.

NDSUstudent
02-27-2021, 09:38 PM
I just don't see the potential.

Our offense requires a dual threat QB unless we have a QB that is like Walker and Zeb ain't no Walker. A change has to be made.

Hammerhead
02-27-2021, 09:41 PM
Zeb didn’t have the best game, but who did today?

tjbison
02-27-2021, 09:45 PM
Zeb didn’t have the best game, but who did today?SIU..........

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

EC8CH
02-27-2021, 09:47 PM
Our offense requires a dual threat QB unless we have a QB that is like Walker and Zeb ain't no Walker. A change has to be made.

Agreed. He is zero threat in the run game. That is the long term concern.

23Bison
02-27-2021, 09:56 PM
Tyler called a terrible game today and Zeb didn’t help out at all. Entz just let it all happen.

heckler
02-27-2021, 10:19 PM
He’s the worst Qb we’ve had since... what? The 90s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mertens...

tolnabison
02-27-2021, 10:22 PM
F Iowa State

But he's an FBS recruit?

tolnabison
02-27-2021, 10:24 PM
Agreed. He is zero threat in the run game. That is the long term concern.

This is it. Over the last 10 years our offense has slowly added more QB run game. And Noland offers none. Play Cam, live with the growing pains.

td577
02-27-2021, 10:38 PM
I think you're over-simplifying it. They passed plenty on first down but were almost completely inept then too.Not really. With the exception of the TD drive before half, the Bison passed twice on 1st down in the first half and they were on the same drive.

KSBisonFan
02-27-2021, 10:49 PM
But he's an FBS recruit?

And an NFL prospect.

Snowgoose
02-27-2021, 10:51 PM
You could see it last week and again this week. Zeb looks like a freshman QB that is extremely nervous in the pocket and struggles moving off his first read. Since he is a fifth year QB we need to move on to somebody else ASAP.

Also everybody wants more from the TEs but they are going out on routes just a guy that isn’t confident and can look off receivers doesn’t end up throwing to the TE. Even with our great QBs of the past when they were young they didn’t throw to the TE.

North Side
02-27-2021, 11:01 PM
Developing NDSU own QB in their system > having a transfer QB

mtoutfitter
02-27-2021, 11:13 PM
But he's an FBS recruit?

Yes, with 3 Stars!!! More than one FBS offer too! He's GOTTA be great.

scottietohottie
02-27-2021, 11:26 PM
But he's got a bigger arm then trey. Saw it on Bisonville.

scottietohottie
02-27-2021, 11:28 PM
I thought last weekend has this flabby armed mustache man even ever met Jim Kramer?

BisonAccountant44
02-28-2021, 12:18 AM
But he's an FBS recruit?So was Tony Staus. Not that he was a bad QB, but the fact that Zeb threw for a bunch of yards 1 time against a bad Big12 D was never a meaningful selling point to me.

Quincy is the same, but opposite trait. The hype with him is he's a great runner, but terrible passer. I'm not that excited to see him either when that and a former FBS tag are all we have on him.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

bisoneer
02-28-2021, 12:38 AM
Zeb needs to improve his foot work as it appears too slow and out of time when he is setting up to throw it. He sailed some passes today for sure. I think the O line was out matched by the big Salukas as we were alway at 3rd and 8 or 10 to go! No screens, no sweeps, no balls to our TEs. Kolpack said this was the game we would lose and he was right. So. Ill. is a good team, now UND looks good too all of the sudden with their win over the bunnies today. Our team must have had a long and quiet flight home today after this mess in your pants game. Who do we play next week, the Mules so can we lay an egg there too? Lets hope not. Good luck to the coaches and players this week on righting the ship! I would try a platoon of qb's for next game. Give each one a quarter to see what happens. Also need to convert one of the TEs into a FB so we can get some size and athleticism in the backfield.

tolnabison
02-28-2021, 12:58 AM
So was Tony Staus. Not that he was a bad QB, but the fact that Zeb threw for a bunch of yards 1 time against a bad Big12 D was never a meaningful selling point to me.

Quincy is the same, but opposite trait. The hype with him is he's a great runner, but terrible passer. I'm not that excited to see him either when that and a former FBS tag are all we have on him.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

This isn't a shot at the player. This a shot at El Chapo's love for FBS recruits.

bisoneer
02-28-2021, 01:22 AM
Coaches will be working long hours this week to right the ship but I think new players at key positions has to be looked at. We dont want this program to revert to a .500 team and then brag about winning a rival or trophy game once a year after this long run of nearly dream team football. Where are our class A recruits that we have been getting as a result of the championship success of this program? They must be here but are they not playing as in 2021 this team is going to play 20 regular season games or are they too young to toss in a fire of hungry wolves that the rest of the conference really is right now?

td577
02-28-2021, 01:39 AM
Coaches will be working long hours this week to right the ship but I think new players at key positions has to be looked at. We dont want this program to revert to a .500 team and then brag about winning a rival or trophy game once a year after this long run of nearly dream team football. Where are our class A recruits that we have been getting as a result of the championship success of this program? They must be here but are they not playing as in 2021 this team is going to play 20 regular season games or are they too young to toss in a fire of hungry wolves that the rest of the conference really is right now?I'm not saying this spring is a throw away, but this is not the 2020 team by a long shot. A regular 2020 fall has a returning starting qb and a more experienced o-line. With a regular schedule going into this fall, a full camp has a full compliment of players competing at many positions.

This isn't a reload, it is a bandage. Also, the coaches can't burn guys out with another season starting a couple months after the completion of this one. This out of whack schedule with a free season basically favors those fringe programs like SIU and UN_. Go all out and don't worry about getting back into your regular schedule.

If I'm NDSU, it would be tough this spring. How do you get completely off your off-season weight program? You work 4 to 5 year plans with these guys and this year throws it all off? I would not be giving up the next 3 or 4 championships to go completely off schedule this spring.

El_Chapo
02-28-2021, 02:35 AM
Zeb peaked at the Oklahoma game apparently. Did our coaches even LOOK at that film ?

they are trying to do round peg, square hole. it wont work.

Either put Zeb in Shotgun and throw 30+ times and mix in a run, or go 4-7 trying to be macho.

WhoRepsTheLurker
02-28-2021, 02:52 AM
I'm not saying this spring is a throw away, but this is not the 2020 team by a long shot. A regular 2020 fall has a returning starting qb and a more experienced o-line. With a regular schedule going into this fall, a full camp has a full compliment of players competing at many positions.

This isn't a reload, it is a bandage. Also, the coaches can't burn guys out with another season starting a couple months after the completion of this one. This out of whack schedule with a free season basically favors those fringe programs like SIU and UN_. Go all out and don't worry about getting back into your regular schedule.

If I'm NDSU, it would be tough this spring. How do you get completely off your off-season weight program? You work 4 to 5 year plans with these guys and this year throws it all off? I would not be giving up the next 3 or 4 championships to go completely off schedule this spring.

I agree with this guy

Montana schools looking pretty smart at this point IMO

Use the rest of the "spring season" (who's the idiot that had this idea again?) to develop the team and play spoiler. Nothing left to lose at this point

scottietohottie
02-28-2021, 03:09 AM
I'm not saying this spring is a throw away, but this is not the 2020 team by a long shot. A regular 2020 fall has a returning starting qb and a more experienced o-line. With a regular schedule going into this fall, a full camp has a full compliment of players competing at many positions.

That's why Matt lardson should have pushed for playing last fall not this spring. Could have should have would have. It's a joke what they have know to what they had last August. Ridiculous. Oh and for the guys thinking everything is so peachy in the locker room a running back quit last week after a starter went down for the season. Think on that.

bisoneer
02-28-2021, 03:13 AM
Successful teams thrive on ROUTINE and that is all out the window now as coaches and players make adjustments to the "routine" maybe weekly. This is throwing a wrench into next falls football routine as well. The players want to play as much as they can but the mind and the body reach a maximized level in some situations. In addition, what are the revenue people doing being closed doors? With the NCAA losing millions of dollars what will the FCS playoffs look like in two months, will stadiums be half full or full. Our offense needs to get out of its funk. What is the plan?

Kevin
02-28-2021, 03:14 AM
That's why Matt lardson should have pushed for playing last fall not this spring. Could have should have would have. It's a joke what they have know to what they had last August. Ridiculous. Oh and for the guys thinking everything is so peachy in the locker room a running back quit last week after a starter went down for the season. Think on that.

Lakes had the right idea. Play who will play us then wait for fall. Whoever wins the title this year is getting an asterisk anyway.

But no one listened.

ByeSonBusiness
02-28-2021, 03:55 AM
Lakes had the right idea. Play who will play us then wait for fall. Whoever wins the title this year is getting an asterisk anyway.

But no one listened.

Why would their be an asterisk?

Kevin
02-28-2021, 03:58 AM
Why would their be an asterisk?

Tons of teams opted out. Tons of players opted out. Stadiums damn near empty.

It’s just obvious that no matter what happens it won’t be viewed the same.

EC8CH
02-28-2021, 04:15 AM

Stewart left likely because he was being passed up on the depth cart. Has happened before, will happen again. Who was NDSU gonna play football against last fall? Options were to play this spring or sit out like the Montanas.

NDSUstudent
02-28-2021, 05:18 AM

There may have been no fans in the stands, so fall football wasn't going to happen unless some FBS money rolled in and that well was dry. That said, the Montana schools had it right.

barnwintersportsengelstad
03-01-2021, 02:40 AM
There may have been no fans in the stands, so fall football wasn't going to happen unless some FBS money rolled in and that well was dry. That said, the Montana schools had it right.

Main reason Montana's did it was their outdoor stadiums.

Urban Meyer
03-01-2021, 05:11 PM
Main reason Montana's did it was their outdoor stadiums. No indoor stadiums, no indoor practice facilities. Almost impossible for them to play.

scottietohottie
03-01-2021, 09:04 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/6YpMJnre6LOig5f2vO/giphy.gif

WeAreThePride
03-01-2021, 09:15 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/6YpMJnre6LOig5f2vO/giphy.gif

Maybe he's the opposite of Samson, and he needs to shave the moustache to get his power.

Sorry to trigger the Bible haters.

The_Sicatoka
03-01-2021, 09:32 PM
So was Tony Stauss.

I watched NDSU's first game and that's who I "saw" when I saw this new fellow for NDSU. (Mertens was more mobile.)

This says you have a QB that started for VA Tech at Notre Dame. That begs the question ... why not him?
https://gobison.com/sports/football/roster/quincy-patterson/14475

Hammerhead
03-01-2021, 09:37 PM
I watched NDSU's first game and that's who I "saw" when I saw this new fellow for NDSU. (Mertens was more mobile.)

This says you have a QB that started for VA Tech at Notre Dame. That begs the question ... why not him?

He played in the fall so isn't eligible to play this spring.

EC8CH
03-01-2021, 09:40 PM

Staff said they would try every avenue to try and get him eligible this spring. That statement makes more sense now.

OrygunBison
03-01-2021, 09:56 PM

The scuttlebutt on Mertens, as well as the video and stats from HS, was that he was mobile but that never really played out at NDSU, likely because Bohl had no back up plan for him getting injured. The reason that I compare Zeb with him is that they both got rattled with game stress. NM just had more practice being totally out of his element. He DID throw a decent ball when not pressured at all.

Stauss, at least in my memory, was actually a pretty good QB but just got beat out by a legend. That year is a little foggy for me so I might not have that right.

56BISON73
03-01-2021, 10:01 PM
The scuttlebutt on Mertens, as well as the video and stats from HS, was that he was mobile but that never really played out at NDSU, likely because Bohl had no back up plan for him getting injured. The reason that I compare Zeb with him is that they both got rattled with game stress. NM just had more practice being totally out of his element. He DID throw a decent ball when not pressured at all.

Stauss, at least in my memory, was actually a pretty good QB but just got beat out by a legend. That year is a little foggy for me so I might not have that right.

Mertens wasnt allowed to be the QB he was as stated in your post. It was a terrible position for him to be in. But he toughed it out.

OrygunBison
03-01-2021, 10:08 PM
Mertens wasnt allowed to be the QB he was as stated in your post. It was a terrible position for him to be in. But he toughed it out.

Yeah, I've actually always felt bad about him. Perhaps if they would have let him run more, he would have been in his element and not so damn rattled for 60 minutes every Saturday.

Bohl learned an incredibly valuable lesson about QB recruiting those 2 years. I don't think the situation we have now is even remotely the same thing. It is more akin to what major FBS teams deal with when their star players leave early and they need to backfill out of schedule. In theory, we're in very good company with our problem. We just haven't figured out how to solve it yet.

oldmantutters
03-01-2021, 10:31 PM
Mertens was a damn good guy. Had a few classes with him and he was super humble and nice.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

X-Factor
03-01-2021, 10:58 PM

Kind of. He had a good first year (03). But he was benched in '04 for throwing more INTs that went in the opponents endzone than I could ever remember. Sideline passes like Zeb threw on Saturday still give me chills from that first half of '04 season before Walker righted the ship.

gabisonfan
03-01-2021, 11:09 PM
Zeb can probably execute plays with time, but he isn't a playmaker. Unless there are more opportunities for quick strikes it appears the game is to fast for him to be successful. QB's today need to be quick in adapting to a play not going as drawn up. Hopefully, they are working to change the plan or the player.

El_Chapo
03-01-2021, 11:23 PM
this MO FO put over 300 yards vs Oklahoma.

the fact that Entz/Roehl wont put him in the shotgun and throw 30 times is BEYOND ME

you as coaches KNEW WHAT YOU HAD for 2+ years with Zeb.

either put up or shut up

ByeSonBusiness
03-01-2021, 11:33 PM

the fact that Entz/Roehl wont put him in the shotgun and throw 30 times is BEYOND ME

either put up or shut up

Lol a lot of guys can put up 300 on Oklahoma.

We will see what he does from here on out though.

PlrbrBison
03-02-2021, 12:16 AM

either put up or shut up

You know what - not stereotypical Bison footnumball, but we've got what we've got and this looks like the way to use our quarterback if he's gonna be our quarterback. Use our little RBs as receivers so Watson doesn't have to be the target.

Professor Chaos
03-02-2021, 12:24 AM

either put up or shut up
So after watching Zeb throw the ball these last 2 games your solution is to throw more???

Either Zeb regressed since his time at Iowa St or Oklahoma had an all-time awful defense that year. I see poor footwork and slowness both mentally and physically with very little pocket awareness. Hedberg/Roehl need to break him down and build him back up and that's tough to do with a 5th year senior nor is it something you should have to do with a 5th year senior.

The best thing they can do for him is figure out how to operate a traditional power run game again.... they've been spoiled by having QBs who are supremely gifted athletically and they need to figure out how to run the ball again without one. It's not impossible. They did it during the Walker years and they did it to an extent during the Jensen years as well.

EC8CH
03-02-2021, 12:54 AM
So after watching Zeb throw the ball these last 2 games your solution is to throw more???

Either Zeb regressed since his time at Iowa St or Oklahoma had an all-time awful defense that year. I see poor footwork and slowness both mentally and physically with very little pocket awareness. Hedberg/Roehl need to break him down and build him back up and that's tough to do with a 5th year senior nor is it something you should have to do with a 5th year senior.

The best thing they can do for him is figure out how to operate a traditional power run game again.... they've been spoiled by having QBs who are supremely gifted athletically and they need to figure out how to run the ball again without one. It's not impossible. They did it during the Walker years and they did it to an extent during the Jensen years as well.

Soon as we cross the 50... Hail mary every time!!!!!!

ThunderDan
03-02-2021, 01:51 AM

either put up or shut up

Big 12 defense...enough said.
Swiss Cheese going through a grater defines Big 12 defense pretty well.

GRAFTONBISON
03-02-2021, 02:30 AM

Why wait till we cross the 50?

EC8CH
03-02-2021, 02:32 AM
Why wait till we cross the 50?

No NFL arm on the team.

GRAFTONBISON
03-02-2021, 02:36 AM
No NFL arm on the team.

Completed hail mary from our own 25 to the opponent’s 30 isn’t better then what we saw on Saturday?

EC8CH
03-02-2021, 02:39 AM
Completed hail mary from our own 25 to the opponent’s 30 isn’t better then what we saw on Saturday?

Ahhhhhh you're suggesting we "chuck the pigskin"!

4 verts all day er day!

ByeSonBusiness
03-02-2021, 02:41 AM

4 verts all day er day!

Anyone who has played NCAA knows 4 verts is most effective when you have a fairly mobile QB. ;)

GRAFTONBISON
03-02-2021, 02:42 AM

4 verts all day er day!

Now you’re catching on

Wally
03-02-2021, 02:47 AM
Steven Threet have any eligibility left?

The_Sicatoka
03-02-2021, 01:53 PM

To my eye he struggled to get it to the end zone from the +40 on that end of first half play.
Body motion technique (step-throw)? Arm strength? Wrong ball arc? Something didn't look right.

Jensen/Wentz/Stick/Lance (and probably Stauss and Mertens) would've flicked a wrist and put it there.

The_Sicatoka
03-02-2021, 01:56 PM

He played for VA Tech fall 2020 so he's not eligible now. Got it. (I didn't realize he'd transferred at semester time.)

Thank you.

heckler
03-02-2021, 01:57 PM
To my eye he struggled to get it to the end zone from the +40 on that end of first half play.
Body motion technique (step-throw)? Arm strength? Wrong ball arc? Something didn't look right.

Jensen/Wentz/Stick/Lance (and probably Stauss and Mertens) would've flicked a wrist and put it there.

Mertens would have thrown a pick.

Schwarz04
03-03-2021, 01:07 AM
Zeb has less arm strength and speed than Jensen, but he’s who he’s most comparable to of our recent QBs. I think we need to get back to more of the type of offense play book we used with Jensen.

That’s easier said than done though being our running game is now also much weaker.

Not a great situation right now. If we could figure out a run game we may be okay...

NDSU1980
03-03-2021, 01:08 AM
Mertens would have thrown a pick.

Or fumbled it, or got sacked.

scottietohottie
03-03-2021, 01:09 AM
Zeb has less arm strength and speed than Jensen, but he’s who he’s most comparable to of our recent QBs. I think we need to get back to more of the type of offense play book we used with Jensen.

That’s easier said than done though being our running game is now also much weaker.

Not a great situation right now. If we could figure out a run game we may be okay...

I'm pretty sure if Zeb put on Brock's jock he could go parasailing.

thebigund
03-03-2021, 03:21 AM
I'm pretty sure if Zeb put on Brock's jock he could go parasailing.

LMAO!!!! Fucking right. How dare anyone compare that chubby twat to Brock. GTFOH

MankatoBison
03-03-2021, 01:55 PM
I demand that Zeb throw for 900 yds against Missouri state or we march on Scheels with torches and pitchforks. This one loss is unacceptable - heads must roll.

#SpeakTruthToPower

#DynastyDiesInDarkness

DePereBisonFan
03-06-2021, 01:51 AM
I think the fact that Zeb had such a great game against Oklahoma while at ISU says more about the Big XII and how close NDSU is (I mean, in general, not last game) to the top teams in college football, than it said about his skills.

Grizzled
03-06-2021, 02:57 AM
I think the fact that Zeb had such a great game against Oklahoma while at ISU says more about the Big XII and how close NDSU is (I mean, in general, not last game) to the top teams in college football, than it said about his skills.

How exactly?

yopaulie
03-06-2021, 03:55 AM
LMAO!!!! Fucking right. How dare anyone compare that chubby twat to Brock. GTFOH

Talk about classic lame ass keyboard warrior crap. You should be embarrassed, even though I disagree with the comparison too.

El_Chapo
03-06-2021, 04:29 AM
Talk about classic lame ass keyboard warrior crap. You should be embarrassed, even though I disagree with the comparison too.

He's a loser he knows it

MARCH 6 2021. ZEB rises from the ashes

WeAreThePride
03-06-2021, 01:40 PM

either put up or shut up

That sounds like a recipe for 150 yards of total offense and 3 picks.

NodakGreg
03-06-2021, 02:44 PM

Remember, roehl seems to think same old same old power football regardless of the situation at hand. Half of this loss is on bad play calling. Half of it is on the oline and dline getting pushed around. Zeb is also slow at making a decision and not feeling the pressure...all around it goes. Its all about todays game if they decide to come ready to play or continue the same old...

NodakGreg
03-06-2021, 02:55 PM
Developing NDSU own QB in their system > having a transfer QB

I think your right on the money here. Transfers are less then 50% to adapt to Bison football in short time. In saying that I sure hope Quincy from Virginia Tech doesn't fall into this but is ready to roll this Fall Football season. We have had a decade of STUD QBS, 3 in the NFL almost 4 as Brock did make it in the CFL for a short year or two..... so we have been sooo extremely fortunate...but because of this we are getting better recruits across the nation more and more so you need adjust your offense to your talent and right now, maybe we go spread pass, then work into run game to catch many teams ready to bring 8 guys to the line....? how about some wacky changes that teams haven't seen before? Then go back to a power run off tackle....
But growing Bison players as Freshman, Red Shirting them to learn the culture seems to be the key to success.
Ask YSU and James Madison how all those FBS transfers equate to National Titles year after year? It doesn't work.

Todays game against will tell us a lot....coaches and players....
Get revd up boys and smash em in Missoo.

Kevin
03-06-2021, 04:51 PM
I want to see more of Cam Miller today.

Not throwing in the towel on Zeb but we need to know what we have as the season goes on.

scottietohottie
03-06-2021, 04:53 PM
Be nice to see more then just 3 unoriginal plays and a punt.

23Bison
03-06-2021, 05:12 PM
First down - tiny RB tip toes up to the line of scrimmage for no gain. 2nd and 10 - Zeb throws a pass into the stands. 3rd and 10 they run a QB draw with Zeb for loss of 3. Punt for 44 yds. That pretty much summed up our day last weekend.

OrygunBison
03-06-2021, 05:57 PM
Not throwing in the towel on Zeb...

Why not? Name any sort of highlight that gives you hope about his potential. I can't. Hell, that highlight video of the Oklahoma game isn't really that impressive. It was more about his receivers being awesome and it was a losing effort. We all know that passing stats can be padded when a team is behind and the defense is playing prevent.

THEsocalledfan
03-06-2021, 07:21 PM
How bad was the pick for those of us not able to see it?

Honeybooboo
03-06-2021, 07:33 PM

Bad........

El_Chapo
03-06-2021, 07:39 PM
Good pass to TE in end zone. lets hope that springs his confidence

Twincitybizon
03-06-2021, 07:43 PM

Lots of contact from the db

heffray
03-06-2021, 07:46 PM

Actually I thought it looked like the receiver wasn’t even looking for the ball...

OrygunBison
03-06-2021, 07:58 PM
Good pass to TE in end zone. lets hope that springs his confidence

So wide open that my wife could have thrown it to him.

El_Chapo
03-06-2021, 08:11 PM
ZEB 4-4 in a row. SHUT UP

El_Chapo
03-06-2021, 08:33 PM
5 - 8 114 yards 2 TD in 1 HALF!!

hell ya

Watson needs some balls, give him a bubble screen or something

heffray
03-06-2021, 08:53 PM

hell ya

81 of those yards on 1 throw.

OrygunBison
03-06-2021, 08:54 PM

hell ya

Watson's gift is speed. Unfortunately, he's not a great route runner.

OrygunBison
03-06-2021, 08:55 PM
81 of those yards on 1 throw.

Admittedly, a very good throw.

El_Chapo
03-06-2021, 09:07 PM
27-50 337 3 tds thats a good season so far

Twincitybizon
03-06-2021, 09:11 PM
Watson's gift is speed. Unfortunately, he's not a great route runner.

And had bricks for hands

oldmantutters
03-06-2021, 09:11 PM
27-50 337 3 tds thats a good season so farAgainst the teams that we've played so far he should be averaging 3 TDs a game

heffray
03-06-2021, 09:55 PM

But if you watch the tape, it’s not good.

ThunderDan
03-06-2021, 10:05 PM

1 TD was a hail mary, and 1 TD was a wide open TE on a busted coverage.

You left out his INT (which is fine to have one, but in reality, there were a couple that should have been INTS that were dropped as well)

His completion percentage as of this moment is 56%...very medicore for a QB at any level.
He's probably missed at least 5-6 wide open receivers, and even more that may or may not have been his fault, we'll never know. (could have been receiver running wrong route, could have been Zeb thinking the wrong route.)

I'd say not a good season if you look at the whole picture.

scottietohottie
03-06-2021, 10:07 PM
And those are just his right before halftime stats. Just wait until he figures out its a 4 quarter game!!!!

Bison Dan
03-06-2021, 10:09 PM
Zeb has terrible vison, can't run, and plays scared.

TAILG8R
03-07-2021, 02:35 AM

This is what I'm seeing too. He's not good. I wonder if we see Miler get more and more game reps and come playoffs(if we make it) he may get the call or come in early if Zeb struggles.

Bottom line Zeb is not good enough to win in the playoffs.

SamsRams
03-07-2021, 03:30 AM

And oddly brings no energy to the offense. if we are stuck with him I wish we could see some fire from him

El_Chapo
03-07-2021, 05:18 AM
Coach had to calm him down after that Braylon td they said on radio.
He's not a rah rah guy. But Stick wasn't either.

I'm more mad at coaches than zeb right now. We are still missing so many NDSU passing staples... the roll-outs to the flat. ZERO screens in 3 games, zero TE Seam routes, ZERO wheel routes how is that possible??

Bison Dan
03-07-2021, 01:06 PM
If we're going to have a qb that hands off most of the time and only has easy passes we might as well play Cole.

unbison
03-07-2021, 01:18 PM

Make him sound like Wentz this last season

TAILG8R
03-07-2021, 05:42 PM

I'm more mad at coaches than zeb right now. We are still missing so many NDSU passing staples... the roll-outs to the flat. ZERO screens in 3 games, zero TE Seam routes, ZERO wheel routes how is that possible??They tried a screen this week and it didn't materialize.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

SamsRams
03-08-2021, 01:14 PM

I'm more mad at coaches than zeb right now. We are still missing so many NDSU passing staples... the roll-outs to the flat. ZERO screens in 3 games, zero TE Seam routes, ZERO wheel routes how is that possible??

Only explanation is Zeb can’t make the throw

EC8CH
03-08-2021, 01:34 PM

Until demonstrated otherwise, this is my default assumption.

runtheoption
03-08-2021, 02:15 PM
If this is the case, severely limits the playbook. Better get creative with the run game and play-action.

El_Chapo
03-08-2021, 02:32 PM

well then the coaches didn't see that in last 6 freakin months or more? ouch.

BisonVifte
03-08-2021, 02:34 PM
Seems like a lot of Zeb's throws are behind the receiver.

OrygunBison
03-08-2021, 02:43 PM
Seems like a lot of Zeb's throws are behind the receiver.

The big one was certainly nicely in stride but other than that, not so much. We missed at least two 3rd downs that I can think of because the receiver had to reach and the defense was able to catch up. It's a real bummer when I see it happen.

Carson had the same problem his junior year but the difference was that his overall play was greatly stretching the field so receivers could recover and still make a play most of the time. It is really hard for a receiver to do when the field is so compressed like it currently is.

TAILG8R
03-08-2021, 02:50 PM
Out of all the bad play we've seen from Zeb why does it bother me the most to see him try to run on designed run plays. He tucks the ball, puts his head down and runs into the back of his blockers.

El_Chapo
03-08-2021, 02:52 PM
Out of all the bad play we've seen from Zeb why does it bother me the most to see him try to run on designed run plays. He tucks the ball, puts his head down and runs into the back of his blockers.

Yes. ROEHL NEEDS TO RIP ALL OF THOSE OUT OF THE PLAYBOOK. And get a shotgun series mixed in FFS

OrygunBison
03-08-2021, 04:13 PM
Just for fun, I went back to look at Zeb's Hudl highlights. Now I'm wondering, where did THAT kid go?!? He drops dime after dime, climbs the pocket, scrambles a bit when needed, and rolls out very nicely. I seriously think what he has going on now is all between the ears. The talent is clearly there but somewhere along the way, he lost his mojo. Has he ever been hurt badly? Was there bad QB coaching somewhere along the way? Man, looking at that film, there's a lot for a coach to work with.

Perhaps the coaches see this too and are just trying to build his confidence. I hope it works.

ByeSonBusiness
03-08-2021, 04:30 PM
Just for fun, I went back to look at Zeb's Hudl highlights. Now I'm wondering, where did THAT kid go?!? He drops dime after dime, climbs the pocket, scrambles a bit when needed, and rolls out very nicely. I seriously think what he has going on now is all between the ears. The talent is clearly there but somewhere along the way, he lost his mojo. Has he ever been hurt badly? Was there bad QB coaching somewhere along the way? Man, looking at that film, there's a lot for a coach to work with.

Perhaps the coaches see this too and are just trying to build his confidence. I hope it works.

Happens to a ton of guys. I dont understand it, but its a regular occurrence.

WeAreThePride
03-08-2021, 04:43 PM

Maybe coming from a P5 and ending up as the backup to a freshman got in his head.

reformedUNDfan
03-08-2021, 04:57 PM
honestly I think he's had success in the 2 minute drill because that's literally what he is good at, hurry up quick reads.

WeAreThePride
03-08-2021, 05:08 PM
honestly I think he's had success in the 2 minute drill because that's literally what he is good at, hurry up quick reads.

That's not sustainable for 60 minutes. We don't have the horses for it.

AKBison
03-08-2021, 05:13 PM

I hope we pull a natty out of our ass somehow this year just so I can watch this thread completely melt down.

SamsRams
03-08-2021, 05:17 PM
I hope we pull a natty out of our ass somehow this year just so I can watch this thread completely melt down.

When the defense carries this team to the trophy this thread will age well

reformedUNDfan
03-08-2021, 05:43 PM

NDSU absolutely has the horses for it, maybe not the coaches or playbook

TAILG8R
03-08-2021, 05:55 PM
If anything got into his head it's most likely the pressure to follow in the foot-steps of TWO record holders for most wins in the FCS, a #2 overall NFL draft choice, an expected early to mid first-round NFL draft choice and all 4 guys winning EIGHT national championships, they went 127–8 in the last 10 years and had a 39 game winning streak going. There is no writer in the world that would create such a scenario in a fictitious world. I'm not saying they're aren't others that could handle that pressure and play better but if anything is getting to him mentally my bet would be on the totally unprecedented pressure to just win baby.

WeAreThePride
03-08-2021, 06:32 PM
If anything got into his head it's most likely the pressure to follow in the foot-steps of TWO record holders for most wins in the FCS, a #2 overall NFL draft choice, an expected early to mid first-round NFL draft choice and all 4 guys winning EIGHT national championships, they went 127–8 in the last 10 years and had a 39 game winning streak going. There is no writer in the world that would create such a scenario in a fictitious world. I'm not saying they're aren't others that could handle that pressure and play better but if anything is getting to him mentally my bet would be on the totally unprecedented pressure to just win baby.

We need someone hungry. Not someone desperate.

heffray
03-08-2021, 08:59 PM
When the defense carries this team to the trophy this thread will age well

Shutting out Misery St isn’t all that is needed to convince me that our Defense is enough to win a championship.

OrygunBison
03-09-2021, 12:05 AM
Shutting out Misery St isn’t all that is needed to convince me that our Defense is enough to win a championship.

Agree, however the defense is a lot closer to winning us difficult games than the offense is and it isn't even close. On defense, we have the talent but lack experience. That'll improve over time. On offense, we have a structural failure going on.

SDbison
03-09-2021, 12:17 AM
Question regarding our QB and the current offense. Does Zeb lack the ability to audible and get us in the correct play? Just don't see it right now. There is no motion to check coverage, etc. Apparently he is not capable and we are stuck with the play called from the sideline. Does anybody remember all the pre-snap movement and motion we used to have? Why did this go away? We used to be capable of the same play out of multiple formations setup from pre-snap movement. All of that is gone now! Is Roehl dumbing the offense down for current players? Is Zeb just not able to process what he sees on the field and make decisons? This goes beyond his demonstrated inability to run and poor accuracy on throws. What is going on with this offense? The scary part is after 3 games the offense has not evolved much or improved.

heffray
03-09-2021, 12:31 AM
Agree, however the defense is a lot closer to winning us difficult games than the offense is and it isn't even close. On defense, we have the talent but lack experience. That'll improve over time. On offense, we have a structural failure going on.

I don’t disagree with this either. I think we’re saying the same thing, actually.

heffray
03-09-2021, 12:33 AM
Question regarding our QB and the current offense. Does Zeb lack the ability to audible and get us in the correct play? Just don't see it right now. There is no motion to check coverage, etc. Apparently he is not capable and we are stuck with the play called from the sideline. Does anybody remember all the pre-snap movement and motion we used to have? Why did this go away? We used to be capable of the same play out of multiple formations setup from pre-snap movement. All of that is gone now! Is Roehl dumbing the offense down for current players? Is Zeb just not able to process what he sees on the field and make decisons? This goes beyond his demonstrated inability to run and poor accuracy on throws. What is going on with this offense? The scary part is after 3 games the offense has not evolved much or improved.

I noticed this as well and commented somewhere. No motion, no audibles... I don’t know why but I don’t think we have any reason to be optimistic that it’s just everyone “getting the feel” of our offense.

TAILG8R
03-09-2021, 12:35 AM
I noticed this as well and commented somewhere. No motion, no audibles... I don’t know why but I don’t think we have any reason to be optimistic that it’s just everyone “getting the feel” of our offense.I don't think it's just everyone getting a feel for the offense either. The only way we get better this year is through a better run game. I just don't think Zeb is going to progress. Not in a meaningful way anyway.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

THEsocalledfan
03-14-2021, 01:07 AM
Time to close this thread.

SamsRams
03-14-2021, 01:14 AM

No this thread lives forever I hope. It’s the Zeb era begins thread that is done

El_Chapo
03-14-2021, 01:38 AM
No this thread lives forever I hope. It’s the Zeb era begins thread that is done

once again F IOWA STATE

but if NDSU punches it in at 1. for 21-0. Zeb is the MAN. funny game

Professor Chaos
03-14-2021, 04:08 AM
Agreed, I think it's a pretty safe bet that Zeb's shortcomings had nothing to do with lack of effort. Like I said in the other thread I think he's a good enough player but he was just the wrong guy at the wrong time for this team. I hope he keeps his head held high and, based on the testimonials from his teammates and the coaching staff, I think he will. I'm guessing he'll be first in line to support Cam going forward and we all should salute him for that because that's a damn hard thing for any competitor to do.

Twincitybizon
03-14-2021, 04:14 AM
Agreed, I think it's a pretty safe bet that Zeb's shortcomings had nothing to do with lack of effort. Like I said in the other thread I think he's a good enough player but he was just the wrong guy at the wrong time for this team. I hope he keeps his head held high and, based on the testimonials from his teammates and the coaching staff, I think he will. I'm guessing he'll be first in line to support Cam going forward and we all should salute him for that because that's a damn hard thing for any competitor to do.

Agreed!! This is definitely not a guy to trash here. Stronger o line and rb's. Might have been very different. Seems a really good guy who gave it his best shot.

SamsRams
03-14-2021, 05:34 AM
Agreed!! This is definitely not a guy to trash here. Stronger o line and rb's. Might have been very different. Seems a really good guy who gave it his best shot.

I stick by my original statement that I am a fan of Zeb.

I just don’t want him to be the starting QB for this team

Alsen
03-14-2021, 05:54 AM
Again.....covid ain't over yet because of the evil overlords still withholding the therapeutics until they squeeze the whole world dry with their vaccines that all the guys in the deep state and the CDC and FDA and National institute of health are hugely invested in. Twenty years ago it was as illegal as hell for people like this to invest in pharmaceuticals of any kind, but....well, some of you get it.

Sorry about the rant, anyway, our guys aren't on anything close to a regular practice schedule. It's a half new offense and a mostly new OL and a new QB and our guys clearly are running around without knowing where the other guy is going. Don't you see Zeb completely astonished several times a game by where his receivers end up running their routes.

The restrictions are killing us.

ByeSonBusiness
03-14-2021, 07:54 AM
Again.....covid ain't over yet because of the evil overlords still withholding the therapeutics until they squeeze the whole world dry with their vaccines that all the guys in the deep state and the CDC and FDA and National institute of health are hugely invested in. Twenty years ago it was as illegal as hell for people like this to invest in pharmaceuticals of any kind, but....well, some of you get it.

Sorry about the rant, anyway, our guys aren't on anything close to a regular practice schedule. It's a half new offense and a mostly new OL and a new QB and our guys clearly are running around without knowing where the other guy is going. Don't you see Zeb completely astonished several times a game by where his receivers end up running their routes.

The restrictions are killing us.

Blaming it on inadequate practice and restrictions is dumb. Every other team deals with the same or worse restrictions.

Ndsu looks less impressive than in years past, the covid shit doesn't help, but its not the reason the team has not been good so far this spring.

ByeSonBusiness
03-14-2021, 07:56 AM
once again F IOWA STATE

Why are we blaming Iowa St? Because Brock Purdy is a very good football player who chose Iowa State over some more prominent programs?

WeAreThePride
03-14-2021, 09:32 AM
once again F IOWA STATE

He would also be the MAN if he were better at throwing footballs to guys in green, and less good at throwing them to the guys in white.

tjamz
03-14-2021, 12:37 PM
once again F IOWA STATE

but if NDSU punches it in at 1. for 21-0. Zeb is the MAN. funny gameHe is 38 of 70 with 4 interceptions vs 3 TD"s

He scared me EVERY time he dropped back to pass as he seemed to lack confidence and/or didn't understand the playbook. His ability to run for positive yardage was virtually zero it seemed. That's ok. It works for some teams, but the worst running QB we had during this run was.... Carson maybe?

Cam was far from perfect, but he seemed to have better control of his offense and looked better running and passing than Zeb.

I think there's still a spot on this team for Zeb where he can contribute, unfortunately it's more as a mentor than a starter. He'll probably make for an excellent coach somewhere, someday.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

OrygunBison
03-14-2021, 09:54 PM
Zeb actually threw several very, very nice balls yesterday. It actually had me believing for a bit that he might have turned a corner.

WeAreThePride
03-14-2021, 10:03 PM
Zeb actually threw several very, very nice balls yesterday. It actually had me believing for a bit that he might have turned a corner.

I think you meant "Thrown to" a corner.

EC8CH
03-14-2021, 10:30 PM

Me too, just not as much as Miller though. Maybe Zeb has a bigger arm or shows some other superior traits in practice, but it didn't show on the field enough last Sat to make him appear to be the better option.

heffray
03-15-2021, 02:01 AM

I thought this, too. The underthrow to Watson in the 3rd was the last straw for me.

EC8CH
03-15-2021, 02:07 AM
I thought this, too. The underthrow to Watson in the 3rd was the last straw for me.

The dual QB business just isn't going to work. If Zeb is that much of a liability as a run threat, then it just isn't going to work. That's just my opinion. Even if he'd proven that he is an efficient passer, which he hasn't, the disruption to the rest of the offense that requires a separate QB as a run threat is just too much.

heffray
03-15-2021, 02:19 AM
The dual QB business just isn't going to work. If Zeb is that much of a liability as a run threat, then it just isn't going to work. That's just my opinion. Even if he'd proven that he is an efficient passer, which he hasn't, the disruption to the rest of the offense that requires a separate QB as a run threat is just too much.

Totally agree with this. I cannot remember an offense that worked well with switching off...

noryan34
03-15-2021, 02:40 AM

Totally agree with this. I cannot remember an offense that worked well with switching off...

Can only think of 1

2006 Florida Gators, 2 QBs, one for running and one for passing. National Champs that year too I think

heffray
03-15-2021, 12:49 PM
Can only think of 1

2006 Florida Gators, 2 QBs, one for running and one for passing. National Champs that year too I think

Thanks, that was Tebow and I can’t remember the other guys name, I can picture him, though.

gotts
03-15-2021, 02:44 PM
Thanks, that was Tebow and I can’t remember the other guys name, I can picture him, though.

Chris Leak?

thebigund
03-15-2021, 04:36 PM
Zeb has to play, he torches Oklahoma. Imagine what he might do to our secondary.

Professor Chaos
03-15-2021, 04:42 PM
Zeb has to play, he torches Oklahoma. Imagine what he might do to our secondary.
If only UND had hired #ChuckThePigskin guy and NDSU would've fired Entz and Roehl and replaced them with El Chapo this week... this game would be a lock for an ABC/NBC national simulcast prime time on Saturday night.

thebigund
03-15-2021, 05:25 PM
If only UND had hired #ChuckThePigskin guy and NDSU would've fired Entz and Roehl and replaced them with El Chapo this week... this game would be a lock for an ABC/NBC national simulcast prime time on Saturday night.

Chuck the pigskin guy is a fucking legend. He should be in the UND Hall Of Fame.

56BISON73
03-15-2021, 06:21 PM

If we ever play Oklahoma we will bring him in.

mtoutfitter
03-15-2021, 06:22 PM

Don't mean to rundown a Bison player but Noland had plenty of time on this ball....I don't care what Lakes says....he throws it 5 yds further and it's a TD.

TAILG8R
03-15-2021, 06:28 PM
Don't mean to rundown a Bison player but Noland had plenty of time on this ball....I don't care what Lakes says....he throws it 5 yds further and it's a TD.

And the one longer pass he did complete to Watson earlier in the game was under thrown and if he would have led Watson that could have been a TD. After hearing all fall how strong of an arm Zeb had I was surprised to see him throw under thrown rainbow balls downfield. Throwing hard is not the same as having a strong arm.

Edit: Should be cued up on this link https://youtu.be/JvbDN-fDmXY?t=127 If not the play is at the 2:06 mark. Watson has to slow down and stutter step a bit to catch that ball. Not a bad throw and still a big play but a ball 2-3 yards more downfield and that's a TD imo.

heffray
03-15-2021, 08:40 PM

Yep totally agree.

TAILG8R
03-15-2021, 09:06 PM
So Jeff keeps saying, don't be surprised if Zeb is the starter and that Zeb has earned it with how valuable he's been behind the scenes the last two years. I assume some of that is trying to toe the party line but IF there is any chance Zeb is getting the nod simply because "he's earned it" I say WTF??? He may have earned the chance and he got that. He has now earned the chance to sit on the bench and watch someone else run this offense they way it's supposed to be done. I'm starting to get a sinking feeling that Entz will play both QBs and when that's the case it means you have no QB.

Bison 4 Life
03-15-2021, 09:07 PM
So Jeff keeps saying, don't be surprised if Zeb is the starter and that Zeb has earned it with how valuable he's been behind the scenes the last two years. I assume some of that is trying to toe the party line but IF there is any chance Zeb is getting the nod simply because "he's earned it" I saw WTF??? He may have earned the chance and he got that. He has now earned the chance to sit on the bench and watch someone else run this offense they way it's supposed to be done. I'm starting to get a sinking feeling that Entz will play both QBs and when that's the case it means you have no QB.

I just came here to say the same thing. I don't know if he's seeing what we're seeing. He's had a little good and a lot bad.

Professor Chaos
03-15-2021, 10:18 PM
Can't start Zeb Noland this week. Can't do it. Won't do it.

/Mike Singletary voice

EC8CH
03-15-2021, 10:24 PM

/Mike Singletary voice

Does Entz even read Bisonville? The decision has been made!

heffray
03-15-2021, 10:36 PM
How do you pull your starter near the end of the 3rd quarter after an awful pic and all the momentum going the other way, put your true freshman in and he leads you to victory, and then you NOT start him the next week?!

bajadanny
03-15-2021, 10:39 PM
How do you pull your starter near the end of the 3rd quarter after an awful pic and all the momentum going the other way, put your true freshman in and he leads you to victory, and then you NOT start him the next week?!

Yeah no kidding the young guy has to start, or entz is............

NDSU1980
03-15-2021, 10:42 PM

/Mike Singletary voice

I'd bet that Enz is just playing with UN_, make them prepare for both. It better be Miller

gabisonfan
03-15-2021, 10:49 PM
In fairness to Zeb he didn't play after 2018. He most likely peaked before then. Coaches need to recognize bringing in transfers is risky business unless they can win the job. Otherwise they will turn away recruits and send guys in the bullpen to the portal.

abc123
03-15-2021, 10:52 PM
I'd bet that Enz is just playing with UN_, make them prepare for both. It better be Miller

What exactly is it that they need to do special to prepare for Noland? Let the recievers run 5 yards past them and wait for the underthrown ball? I'm not even trying to be mean, I'm actually serious. Its crazy to see an NDSU QB struggle like he has.
UND fans will push for a lifetime contract for Entz if he starts Noland this week.

THEsocalledfan
04-11-2021, 01:33 AM
So, can anyone explain why Cam was pulled after a bogus holding call? Or never got a second shot at a drive?

Then my next question just how good is Zeb in practice and just how bad must Cam look? I just can't wrap my mind around this.....

SDbison
04-11-2021, 01:42 AM
So, can anyone explain why Cam was pulled after a bogus holding call? Or never got a second shot at a drive?

Then my next question just how good is Zeb in practice and just how bad must Cam look? I just can't wrap my mind around this..... Nobody can.......but apparently the homer sports guys like Kolpack, Izzo, etc. don't have the balls to ask the questions and ask Entz again if the answer isn't good enough.

bajadanny
04-11-2021, 02:35 AM
Nobody can.......but apparently the homer sports guys like Kolpack, Izzo, etc. don't have the balls to ask the questions and ask Entz again if the answer isn't good enough.

The entire local media is way to chummy to ask any degree of uncomfortable questions, fairly obvious to us fans, but 1 loss so go win next week then attack the journey to Frisco once again

NDSUstudent
04-11-2021, 02:43 AM
The entire local media is way to chummy to ask any degree of uncomfortable questions, fairly obvious to us fans, but 1 loss so go win next week then attack the journey to Frisco once again

McFeely will ask them, that is about all he is good for.

THEsocalledfan
04-18-2021, 04:46 PM
Can we all agree on this? BTW did Entz admit his blunder?

El_Chapo
04-18-2021, 04:52 PM
he should've been given that last drive when it was 17-17. thats when zeb thrives, end of games & halves.

OrygunBison
04-18-2021, 06:05 PM
he should've been given that last drive when it was 17-17. thats when zeb thrives, end of games & halves.

Good lord. I get dumber the more of your posts that I read.

El_Chapo
04-18-2021, 06:14 PM

huh. zeb was money at end of halfs

BISONBRI53
04-19-2021, 05:10 PM
Not so fast my friend... Who says he's over with? It wouldn't shock me one bit that Zeb is the starter Saturday vs. EWU...

El_Chapo
04-19-2021, 05:20 PM
Not so fast my friend... Who says he's over with? It wouldn't shock me one bit that Zeb is the starter Saturday vs. EWU...

ohhhh everyone tar and feather BRI just like you do me with every Zeb post. ban, moderation!! :)

I can see it happening based on the end of the sdsu game, but they might gameplan with Cam with shorter passes and quicker west coast offense feel....

and there's no use for all of you fans to trash and dump on ZEB when .... even if Cam starts, if Cam gets hurt or struggles, we will need ZEB.

BISONBRI53
04-19-2021, 05:33 PM
ohhhh everyone tar and feather BRI just like you do me with every Zeb post. ban, moderation!! :)

I can see it happening based on the end of the sdsu game, but they might gameplan with Cam with shorter passes and quicker west coast offense feel....

and there's no use for all of you fans to trash and dump on ZEB when .... even if Cam starts, if Cam gets hurt or struggles, we will need ZEB.

Im not tryin to stick up for Zeb one bit.... I just think our coaching staff has shown time and time again that Zeb is their guy...

mtoutfitter
04-19-2021, 05:45 PM
On the Insiders Phil Hansen just said....A LOT of potential with Cam Miller.

bison22
04-19-2021, 05:57 PM
One thing I love about Zeb however is the fact that he is an amazing teammate. You could see him on the sidelines all game talking to Cam and helping him out every step of the way. He could have sulked and pouted about being pulled, but he was there helping out the team in every way he could.

No knock on Zeb at all, he just doesn't fit our offense as well as Cam does.

mtoutfitter
04-19-2021, 05:58 PM
One thing I love about Zeb however is the fact that he is an amazing teammate. You could see him on the sidelines all game talking to Cam and helping him out every step of the way. He could have sulked and pouted about being pulled, but he was there helping out the team in every way he could.

No knock on Zeb at all, he just doesn't fit our offense as well as Cam does.

Yep, kudos to Zeb!

TransAmBison
04-19-2021, 06:01 PM

No knock on Zeb at all, he just doesn't fit our offense as well as Cam does.Absolutely. Zeb is a quality guy. I wish him nothing but the best.

El_Chapo
04-19-2021, 06:07 PM
We will need every player on this roster to win this title! Lets go!!

MankatoBison
04-19-2021, 06:26 PM
Zeb is a BIG TIME Culture fit. Seriously, its pretty amazing how he has been able to keep his head held high, still being a CAPTAIN for his teamates, even when they throw in Cam etc. Proud to have a guy with his character on our team.

EC8CH
04-19-2021, 06:28 PM
Nothing but respect for him.

Bison 4 Life
04-19-2021, 07:53 PM
Zeb's a good kid. I think Bisonville's main problem is Entz and Lakes shoving him down our throats.

HerdBot
04-19-2021, 08:47 PM

Lakes is right. Zeb is a rock star in the 2 minute drill. His results prove it. Cam looked like a Freshman running it

123Gobison
04-19-2021, 08:59 PM
This is not Zeb fault. We have a terrible , if not worst OC in the history of Bison football. Dont get me wrong, Tyler Roehl is a great player but terrible coach. We were lucky that Trey was a great QB this just covered a lot of Tyler Roehl weakness last year. Mediocre QB + Tyler Roehl = Disaster. We wont win unless the HC demotes Tyler Roehl and finds a new OC who is good at calling passing plays. Or else this may be a Tyler Roehl training programming.

Snowgoose
04-19-2021, 09:04 PM
While I have questioned some of Roehl's play calls this spring it is hard to say if he is the worst as this spring has sucked for lots of reasons and the team is clearly missing some great leaders that would have happened with Trey and Dillon had we played in the fall. I think the bigger issue was Entz and Roehl not starting Cam. Every time Zeb was in he was throwing the ball all over the joint and to the other team (I wish nothing but the best for Zeb as well as seems like a great kid just being honest). Hard to call some of our pass plays with such inconsistency. Although Roehl and the previous OC's have not utilized the RB out of the backfield as much as we should have when we have had young QBs. True west coast offenses used the RB alot, but we are a hybrid that uses the spread too much in my opinion.

MAKBison
04-19-2021, 09:09 PM
This is not Zeb fault. We have a terrible , if not worst OC in the history of Bison football. Dont get me wrong, Tyler Roehl is a great player but terrible coach. We were lucky that Trey was a great QB this just covered a lot of Tyler Roehl weakness last year. Mediocre QB + Tyler Roehl = Disaster. We wont win unless the HC demotes Tyler Roehl and finds a new OC who is good at calling passing plays. Or else this may be a Tyler Roehl training programming.

so are you saying the high throws, short arm passes, and getting the ball out late are on the coaches? CMON...I was rooting for him, but he was pretty inconsistent.

CyPanth
04-22-2021, 10:15 PM

Fun watching Lakes digging in to support the Iowa State guy!

P.S. Take the fastest route to being an FBS fan. Cheer for the Iowa State!

Jay
04-24-2021, 04:42 PM
https://twitter.com/nolandtravis/status/1385981938142437378?s=21

Kevin
04-24-2021, 04:45 PM

I guess that answers that.

El_Chapo
04-24-2021, 04:46 PM

Yea Zeb isn't playing this fall that wasnt a secret Im glad his father is coming up. next weeks trip from Georgia to Texas , then Georgia to Virginia then back to Texas!!

EC8CH
04-24-2021, 04:49 PM
I guess that answers that.

Odd way to break the news.

Kevin
04-24-2021, 04:52 PM
Yea Zeb isn't playing this fall that wasnt a secret Im glad his father is coming up. next weeks trip from Georgia to Texas , then Georgia to Virginia then back to Texas!!

I’m surprised you learned the not secret in spite of the restraining order(s).

El_Chapo
04-24-2021, 05:30 PM
I’m surprised you learned the not secret in spite of the restraining order(s).

yea , he told people while pheasant hunting with them last fall

oldmantutters
04-24-2021, 05:39 PM
Doesn't seem like he is confident in the team winning? There is still the possibility of hosting another playoff game

THEsocalledfan
04-24-2021, 06:04 PM
Doesn't seem like he is confident in the team winning? There is still the possibility of hosting another playoff game

I wouldn't be....... (thus why I took EWU at +7....)

oldmantutters
04-24-2021, 06:16 PM
I wouldn't be....... (thus why I took EWU at +7....)If I were a gambler I'd have done the same

El_Chapo
04-24-2021, 06:48 PM

LAST HOME GAME.... if we win its at Sam/JMU

oldmantutters
04-24-2021, 06:58 PM
LAST HOME GAME.... if we win its at Sam/JMUIt was posted before the results of the other games

NUMB NUTS.

A Monmouth win or a JMU loss before the semis

could have meant another HOME GAME.

NDSU
04-25-2021, 02:34 AM
Wishing him well as he begins his coaching career (P5) once the spring season wraps up.

El_Chapo
04-25-2021, 02:40 AM
It was posted before the results of the other games

NUMB NUTS.

A Monmouth win or a JMU loss before the semis

could have meant another HOME GAME.

well hes smart. he knows Sam & JMU are winning. duh