PDA

View Full Version : YSU Game Attendance Prediction

SDbison
02-17-2021, 01:38 AM
What is your prediction of attendance for Sunday's game given the worry about COVID, apathy about the spring football season, and concern about the program's focus on football versus social issues. My guess is somewhere close to 6,000 will actually attend. Since the transition to DI I have never seen such lack of interest in a Bison home football game (even in the midst of 2008 and 2009 football seasons it wasn't this bad). In our tailgate group of 40 only 3 plan to attend this game.

scottietohottie
02-17-2021, 01:41 AM
Seventy two

SDbison
02-17-2021, 01:43 AM
Seventy two Scottie, I asked for total attendance, not total score.

mtoutfitter
02-17-2021, 01:43 AM
Seventy two

And a half....who'd a give me 73....:rimshot:

EC8CH
02-17-2021, 01:45 AM
What is your prediction of attendance for Sunday's game given the worry about COVID, apathy about the spring football season, and concern about the program's focus on football versus social issues. My guess is somewhere close to 6,000 will actually attend. Since the transition to DI I have never seen such lack of interest in a Bison home football game (even in the midst of 2008 and 2009 football seasons it wasn't this bad). In our tailgate group of 40 only 3 plan to attend this game.

I'd stay home just in case roving packs of bandits from the Minneapolis area are anywhere in the area searching for gas reserves to loot.

Manitoba
02-17-2021, 02:04 AM
Well if I could get vaccinated and cross the border...I would go. As it is , planning to watch on all-access and hope it doesn’t get geoblocked.

Let’s not get bothered over attendance. Under normal conditions it would be a sellout and we’d all be having a great time and watching NDSU win. What we have right now are not normal conditions for fans. I will enjoy what we do have. Then on Monday my mask goes back on and it’s back to the classroom, hoping that we get vaccinated enough to have HS sports in the fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El_Chapo
02-17-2021, 02:46 AM
requiring masks when the state and city doesnt will turn off people so who cares how many show up. it wont be a true representative of our fanbase

EC8CH
02-17-2021, 02:47 AM
requiring masks when the state and city doesnt will turn off people so who cares how many show up. it wont be a true representative of our fanbase

What color should my "Lakes Loves Fauci" mask be?

ByeSonBusiness
02-17-2021, 03:00 AM

I doubt it will be well attended but I'm giving everyone a pass this spring.

1. Its spring football and that's kinda goofy no matter how you slice it. We just finished the FBS and NFL seasons too.

2. No tailgating allowed. Limited attendance allowed. Just doesn't sound like much of an atmosphere.

Hopefully they prove us all wrong. It is what it is. The fall will be a lot better I'm sure. Everyone who wants to be vaccinated by then will probably have one. And frankly, I'm not sure athletics departments can handle another shit year so they'll find a way to gin up interest.

heffray
02-17-2021, 03:32 AM
What color should my "Lakes Loves Fauci" mask be?

Definitely Purple.

HandoEX
02-17-2021, 03:51 AM
4500 is my guess.

unbison
02-17-2021, 04:02 AM

The city still has a mask mandate... they will be meeting tomorrow to decide weather or not to extend it

Herd
02-17-2021, 11:58 AM
The city still has a mask mandate... they will be meeting tomorrow to decide weather or not to extend it

I enjoy NDSU football, because NDSU is playing, not because Alabama, Minnesota and Ohio State are also playing.

MankatoBison
02-17-2021, 12:52 PM
Dont know about YSU but I picked up some tickets for the UND game and they were extremely picked over as well as the SDSU game. I would have preferred the SDSU game but its the day before easter so thats a no-go with family plans.

I was surprised how few tickets were left for both of those games. didnt look at the other two

Bison03
02-17-2021, 01:49 PM
Doing some math on the number of tickets available to purchase. Not counting the student section, there are 774 available tickets to purchase. Again, looking at the map, it appears 8,334 tickets not counting the students have been sold. Am I seeing this right?

MankatoBison
02-17-2021, 01:54 PM
What is the student situation?? Do they have any seating restrictions (social distancing etc?) They might not have to! They shouldnt have to, at least. Notre Dame had full student section and no covid outbreak as a result of the games.

Does the student section count against the 8000 attendance number?

southcliffbison
02-17-2021, 02:11 PM
After surviving damn near a year of mask requirements, I don't give a rat's ass if masks are required or not. My fam is going to be there; low attendance only means that there won't be long lines at the Dippin' Dots stand.

HerdBot
02-17-2021, 04:44 PM
Not doing tailgating sucks. I'll still go to the game though

Kujava23
02-17-2021, 05:09 PM
I'm going to the game---used to wearing a mask

Cmon its BISON FOOTBALL TIME!!!!

Might also hit up Bunnie bball game Saturday night

bisonfanette
02-17-2021, 08:32 PM
Hi. I was not going to do tickets for veterans during this crazy spring season... but...
Someone sent me a Facebook message wanting to donate four tickets for veterans.
I can’t say no to that type of generosity! I found two veterans who have been deployed 2 to 4 times.
They are extremely excited to attend, wearing facemasks, & will bring their spouses.
If anyone finds themselves in a situation with extra tickets, I would be happy to do this again.
Text or call 701-899-2578.
(Not on game day tho please.) Thanks!

heckler
02-18-2021, 01:14 PM
Family will not be going because of the debacle of the fall and NDSU's lack of leadership letting the small FCS schools determine when the big FCS schools will play.

I'll save my money for tailgating in the fall and if NDSU's leadership can't get it together well a FBS team is only 3.5 hours away.

Hammerhead
02-18-2021, 01:23 PM
I'd stay home just in case roving packs of bandits from the Minneapolis area are anywhere in the area searching for gas reserves to loot.

Or tweakers looking for catalytic converters to steal.

heffray
02-18-2021, 01:29 PM
Family will not be going because of the debacle of the fall and NDSU's lack of leadership letting the small FCS schools determine when the big FCS schools will play.

I'll save my money for tailgating in the fall and if NDSU's leadership can't get it together well a FBS team is only 3.5 hours away.

Seriously?!

What the hell did you expect NDSU to do? They didn’t have much of a choice if any... they tried to get more fall games but couldn’t, and they wanted to play for a championship in the Spring, which is absolutely the right call.

...and then you’re gonna turncoat and cheer for the gophers?!

Lol. Good luck buddy. Was nice havin ya.

Hammerhead
02-18-2021, 01:52 PM
I would love to go, but there's still too much uncertainty for us about the virus.

heckler
02-18-2021, 01:58 PM
Seriously?!

What the hell did you expect NDSU to do? They didn’t have much of a choice if any... they tried to get more fall games but couldn’t, and they wanted to play for a championship in the Spring, which is absolutely the right call.

...and then you’re gonna turncoat and cheer for the gophers?!

Lol. Good luck buddy. Was nice havin ya.

Look at all those tries out there lol. Matt Larsen is a joke.

NDSU doesn't even play the Gophers. It's like someone from VCSU cheering for the Bison.

Professor Chaos
02-18-2021, 01:59 PM

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. I'm sure you'll be happy as a Goopher fan.

heffray
02-18-2021, 02:02 PM
Look at all those tries out there lol. Matt Larsen is a joke.

NDSU doesn't even play the Gophers. It's like someone from VCSU cheering for the Bison.

The Gophers don’t play NDSU because they know they’d lose. Fucking loser bunch of pansies. Why don’t you pack your things now and head over to the Gopher hole and start posting. Perhaps you already do.

heckler
02-18-2021, 02:10 PM
The Gophers don’t play NDSU because they know they’d lose. Fucking loser bunch of pansies. Why don’t you pack your things now and head over to the Gopher hole and start posting. Perhaps you already do.

Perhaps I do. Who cares? I bought NDSU season tickets since 2008. Not a long time but long enough to know when we have shitty leadership. But of course I grew-up in the Chapman/Taylor era of leadership so maybe my view is a little skewed.

Why would the Gophers play NDSU? They know they would be in for a dog fight and win or lose there is no upside to play.

MankatoBison
02-18-2021, 02:17 PM
Student tickets are sold out for the game- no social distancing for them btw, which means it might get pretty loud in the dome!

Anyone know if the student tickets count against the 50% capacity? or is it full students, and then 50% of all the remaining seats?

heffray
02-18-2021, 02:21 PM
Perhaps I do. Who cares? I bought NDSU season tickets since 2008. Not a long time but long enough to know when we have shitty leadership. But of course I grew-up in the Chapman/Taylor era of leadership so maybe my view is a little skewed.

Why would the Gophers play NDSU? They know they would be in for a dog fight and win or lose there is no upside to play.

Wow, NDSU’s leadership really sucks, so much so that they’re able to field a team consistently good enough to beat a P5 team obviously too scared to play them. You’re going to hang up your NDSU gear and cheer for the Gophs because NDSU’s leadership sucks? Lol... aim a little higher, bro.

Seriously, I don’t give a fuck who you cheer for, but if you say something as stupid as that, I’m going to give you a piece of my mind.

I will also never understand fans who change allegiances for any reason.

Rock
02-18-2021, 02:44 PM
Wow, NDSU’s leadership really sucks, so much so that they’re able to field a team consistently good enough to beat a P5 team obviously too scared to play them. You’re going to hang up your NDSU gear and cheer for the Gophs because NDSU’s leadership sucks? Lol... aim a little higher, bro.

Seriously, I don’t give a fuck who you cheer for, but if you say something as stupid as that, I’m going to give you a piece of my mind.

I will also never understand fans who change allegiances for any reason.

I would never change allegiance, but it is becoming pretty clear the NDSU leadership is followership right now.

If my biased memory serves-that great run in the ‘80s came to a screeching halt in 1990 do to (granted a big injury) multiple “outside factors” and how they were handled by people inside. Maybe could not be overcome and timing factors, but once NDSU had the leadership to finally make the move, things went well after a very tough sell.

Had a great run in the 10’s come to...?

Professor Chaos
02-18-2021, 02:49 PM
I would never change allegiance, but it is becoming pretty clear the NDSU leadership is followership right now.

If my biased memory serves-that great run in the ‘80s came to a screeching halt in 1990 do to (granted a big injury) multiple “outside factors” and how they were handled by people inside. Maybe could not be overcome and timing factors, but once NDSU had the leadership to finally make the move, things went well after a very tough sell.

You realize that NDSU football has won 5 national championships since Larsen became AD right?

heffray
02-18-2021, 02:54 PM

I’m not saying leadership doesn’t matter, that’s not even close to my point. Let’s be critical of our leaders with hopes that they’ll improve or change to someone better...

I’m saying I think it’s a really stupid, shitty reason to stop cheering for your team. But hey, live your life... Ski U Ma, right?

Rock
02-18-2021, 03:24 PM
You realize that NDSU football has won 5 national championships since Larsen became AD right?

Yes. I also realize you probably could have done it as well.

He has made good internal decisions and handled coaching transitions/hirings well- but to many those moves were pretty obvious and difficult to screw up with the momentum/dominance position the team had.

-Scheduling
-keeping the blade sharp
-pushing the envelope
-keeping the culture in tact
-DONOR/ALUMNI/FAN RELATIONS

I guess we will see. That one guy posted he was more interested in mens basketball than he had been in a while...

EC8CH
02-18-2021, 03:30 PM
What's the most telling and consequential hires Larson has made so far? Entz and Collins??? What a fucking moron that guy must be huh? That woman's basketball coach was so obvious though and with the momentum of the program... how could he go wrong?

TAILG8R
02-18-2021, 05:00 PM
A big part of Larsen's problem is he is the man after the man. You never want to be that. You want to be the man after the man after the man.

I heard this once in regards to professional play by play announcers and how it's so difficult to follow a long time voice of a team and you're almost better off being the next guy after that.

southcliffbison
02-18-2021, 07:12 PM
What's the most telling and consequential hires Larson has made so far? Entz and Collins??? What a fucking moron that guy must be huh? That woman's basketball coach was so obvious though and with the momentum of the program... how could he go wrong?

With the Entz hiring, ML was just following the blue print........what the Bison had before Collins..........Mother Teresa would have been a good hire.

Rockbear99
02-18-2021, 08:33 PM
Will not be attending the not because of Covid, Not because of Mask mandates, the only reason is that I have been priced out of going to games. It would be my wife and daughter and I going but I cant buy just 3 tickets. 4 tickets is a little too much for the budget right now. I will just sit at home and watch the game on TV.

MankatoBison
02-18-2021, 08:47 PM
Do we know if the students are factored into the 8000 attendance number???

Buddy of mine says student tickets are non social distanced and 100% sold out

heffray
02-18-2021, 09:05 PM
Do we know if the students are factored into the 8000 attendance number???

Buddy of mine says student tickets are non social distanced and 100% sold out

Lol I know you’ve asked this multiple times. I still have no idea.

BamaBison1
02-19-2021, 06:27 AM
Looking forward to Bison football again. I figure spring football will make a good old person story later on.

ByeSonBusiness
02-19-2021, 06:29 AM
Looking forward to Bison football again. I figure spring football will make a good old person story later on.

Buddy is from Huntsville.....you doing DoD work or what

Rock
02-19-2021, 01:39 PM

Wonder what entz thinks of not getting his shot at oregon. Of course was their worst team ever and it would have been NDSU’s Superbowl.

El_Chapo
02-19-2021, 02:10 PM
judging by the 100's of tickets just put up on craigslist/nd bison ticket exchange 5000 would be my guess. oh well, its football .

oldmantutters
02-19-2021, 07:39 PM
Some of y'all are funny. Chapo has lunch at a local bar and he's killing your parents/grandparents. But as soon as football and basketball come around allowing fans you are there. Rules for the but not for me, right fuck-asses?

Edit: just to add, I have no problem with anyone going to the game. I just wanted to point out some hypocrisy.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

heffray
02-19-2021, 07:56 PM
Some of y'all are funny. Chapo has lunch at a local bar and he's killing your parents/grandparents. But as soon as football and basketball come around allowing fans you are there. Rules for the but not for me, right fuck-asses?

Edit: just to add, I have no problem with anyone going to the game. I just wanted to point out some hypocrisy.

There’s a lot of special pleading when people shit on Chapo. It’s part of the mysterious allure of Bisonville...

Hammerhead
02-19-2021, 08:00 PM
If you are sitting across the table from someone for 30 minutes, you could be spreading the virus which is why we haven't eaten a meal inside a restaurant for almost a year and just been doing take-out. This is also why I didn't put in my request for single-game tickets through Team Makers and why we are skipping my wife's uncle's funeral in Le Sueur on Saturday. :(

EC8CH
02-19-2021, 08:39 PM

Or does Chapo get shit for whining like a bitch about the simplest of virus containment measures and no one really gives a shit if he eats lunch at a bar?

heffray
02-19-2021, 08:44 PM
Or does Chapo get shit for whining like a bitch about the simplest of virus containment measures and no one really gives a shit if he eats lunch at a bar?

Could be both. I think overall it’s a weird obsession.

TAILG8R
02-19-2021, 09:04 PM
Or does Chapo get shit for whining like a bitch about the simplest of XYZ and no one really gives a shit if he eats lunch at a bar?

Ding ding ding

Also I fixed it a bit.

El_Chapo
02-20-2021, 02:24 PM
still aint going to ANY EVENT IN AMERICA that forces me to wear a mask for a 99.6% survivalable virus screw that

irregardless of my views.. judging by tickets out there. ill guess 5000

Twincitybizon
02-20-2021, 04:02 PM
still aint going to ANY EVENT IN AMERICA that forces me to wear a mask for a 99.6% survivalable virus screw that

irregardless of my views.. judging by tickets out there. ill guess 5000

If you're wrong, do balloons and streamers fall from the ceiling in celebration of the 1 millionth time? And do we get t-shirts? Asking for a friend

El_Chapo
02-20-2021, 04:03 PM
wasnt that Georgia State with the money drop? haha