PDA

View Full Version : What sort of thread have you made for us? A Wentz thread, if you can keep it.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

WeAreThePride
01-09-2021, 04:05 PM
I think it would be pretty awesome of we could talk about Carson Wentz without being a bunch of pansy political asshole bitches. Would that be okay?

El_Chapo
01-09-2021, 04:19 PM
I started a wentz political thread under political page.

i think tony is cleaning up the current thread and itll be back up soon, once he's done solving world peace

heffray
01-09-2021, 04:19 PM
I think it would be pretty awesome of we could talk about Carson Wentz without being a bunch of pansy political asshole bitches. Would that be okay?

I humbly commit to no political pansy ass bullshit.

WeAreThePride
01-10-2021, 02:46 PM
I'm worried that the dirty concussion Seattle gave our guy a year ago addled his snap decision making. I seriously hope he's able to heal up this summer. Not just for football, but for the rest of his life.

NDSU92
01-10-2021, 06:43 PM
Sounds like Pederson may possibly get the boot here next week? Wouldn’t love what that would do to Carson’s trade prospects.

stevdock
01-10-2021, 07:23 PM
Sounds like Pederson may possibly get the boot here next week? Wouldn’t love what that would do to Carson’s trade prospects.

I'm pretty sure the owner is going to decide if he keeps Pederson or Carson. If Pederson stays, let the trade talk start to heat up and contract renegotiation start.

NDSU92
01-10-2021, 07:59 PM
I'm pretty sure the owner is going to decide if he keeps Pederson or Carson. If Pederson stays, let the trade talk start to heat up and contract renegotiation start.

Yeah unfortunately if Lurie gets rid of Pederson I’d assume he and whatever coach will keep Carson

EC8CH
01-10-2021, 08:09 PM
Yeah unfortunately if Lurie gets rid of Pederson I’d assume he and whatever coach will keep Carson

Nooooooooooooooooo

southcliffbison
01-10-2021, 10:54 PM

What makes you assume this?

southcliffbison
01-10-2021, 10:54 PM
I started a wentz political thread under political page.

i think tony is cleaning up the current thread and itll be back up soon, once he's done solving world peace

I would be happy with just United States peace...….

bisonaudit
01-11-2021, 01:02 AM

$$$$$$$$$$

NDSU92
01-11-2021, 01:09 AM

Ownership wants a fall guy. Probably doesn’t want full gut job. Could be wrong

NDSUstudent
01-11-2021, 06:06 PM
The Eagles are parting ways with Coach Doug Pederson according to a source

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/1348706809587130368

SafeTeeJ
01-11-2021, 06:14 PM
https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/1348706809587130368

Confirmed by ESPN

EC8CH
01-11-2021, 06:19 PM
Confirmed by ESPN

Well shit.

What does this do for the odds of Wentz staying in Philly then. Has to be around 90%?

NovaBison
01-11-2021, 06:24 PM
Confirmed by ESPN

Gus Bradley headed to philly as HC now! :) just kidding

ByeSonBusiness
01-11-2021, 06:34 PM
Well shit.

What does this do for the odds of Wentz staying in Philly then. Has to be around 90%?

I would think so. This might be the only thing that can possibly repair the relationship.

SafeTeeJ
01-11-2021, 06:42 PM
Gus Bradley headed to philly as HC now! :) just kidding

Gus would be great. Bring over Wash from Jacksonville too
Get the band back together!

NDSU92
01-11-2021, 06:50 PM
Make the Chief’s WR coach the head coach. Patriots oline coach as OC. Let Carson call the plays. Chuck the pigskin

TAILG8R
01-11-2021, 07:06 PM
Well shit.

Gotta be pretty damn high imo. Removing Doug won't magically make Carson a good QV again. He will need to put in work this off season for sure but hopefully a smarter coach will help the team overall which in turn can help the QB position.

El_Chapo
01-11-2021, 07:39 PM
NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! worst news ever. that means Wentz might stay.

if Carson has any integrity with his AO1 and all that, he STILL LEAVES PHILLY!! after all the vile stuff said about him, his family, his faith!

BisManBison
01-11-2021, 07:59 PM

if Carson has any integrity with his AO1 and all that, he STILL LEAVES PHILLY!! after all the vile stuff said about him, his family, his faith!

Agreed, this is horrible news. I thought Carson was the big winner after the disaster that was Pedersen's handling of the last game. It think that gave some people pause that the shit show that is Eagle's football right now may be more Pedersen than anyone was thinking prior to that last game. The bottom line is, with or without Pedersen, they still don't have a professional football roster in Philly. And there is no quick fix to that roster. They did a quick fix in 2017 and mortgaged their future by trading picks and signing veterans that were going to overpay them on the back side of the contract.

WeAreThePride
01-11-2021, 10:50 PM
Good riddance to Pederson. Get a good coach in, get the team healthy, and watch Wentz rip a new asshole in the NFC East.

El_Chapo
01-14-2021, 11:53 PM
OPEN UP THE ORIGINAL WENTZ THREAD... alot is gonna happen next few weeks

El_Chapo
01-16-2021, 04:51 PM
man that new philly article today was brutal to Carson..he has to read this shit and get the hell outta there. right?

From Twitter

Consistent with 2019 article “with sources describing him as “selfish,” “uncompromising,” “egotistical,” one who plays “favorites” and doesn’t like to be “questioned,” one who needs to “practice what he preaches" and fails “to take accountability.”

WeAreThePride
01-16-2021, 05:00 PM
I'm sorry, I'm just not buying it. Nobody will put their name to these accusations. Even former teammates, who have no reason not to attack him publicly.

It's a nothingburger.

El_Chapo
01-18-2021, 01:44 PM
the media are just as slimy as the people in Filthadelphia

get OUT Carson! the fans are even attacking his instagrams of his kid now.

TAILG8R
01-18-2021, 04:03 PM
As I used to tell my son for years when he was in school, "So either every teacher you've ever had has decided to have it out for you, OR your actions warrant the "attention" you are getting from them." One explanation seems far more plausible than the other.

El_Chapo
01-18-2021, 04:14 PM
Patriots Mcdaniels looks like he will become Eagles coach unless Todd Bowles blows them away today.

An offensive mind like Josh might help Carson, Bowles hire would be miserable for Carson

WeAreThePride
01-18-2021, 04:17 PM
As I used to tell my son for years when he was in school, "So either every teacher you've ever had has decided to have it out for you, OR your actions warrant the "attention" you are getting from them." One explanation seems far more plausible than the other.

Alternatively, you perform near the top of the nation at your profession for three years, and less than a year after a brain injury you're not back to 100%.

But no, your theory sounds better. Everybody in the media knows you're a headcase, just ask all the unnamed sources!

WeAreThePride
01-18-2021, 04:20 PM
Remember how 18 months ago, Rodgers was considered a headcase, and there was no chance he would get along with LaFleur? That his career was over, and Jordan Love is the new future of Green Bay football? Yeah this Sunday he'll be playing in his second consecutive NFC title game.

The media is full of shit. Always has been full of shit. Always will be full of shit. Until I see people willing to put their damn names to an accusation of Wentz, it's worth exactly as much as this post you're reading.

GreenfieldBison
01-18-2021, 05:38 PM
Remember how 18 months ago, Rodgers was considered a headcase, and there was no chance he would get along with LaFleur? That his career was over, and Jordan Love is the new future of Green Bay football? Yeah this Sunday he'll be playing in his second consecutive NFC title game.

The media is full of shit. Always has been full of shit. Always will be full of shit. Until I see people willing to put their damn names to an accusation of Wentz, it's worth exactly as much as this post you're reading.

$0.02?

GreenfieldBison
01-18-2021, 05:40 PM
Very tangentially but loosely related I say remember how a few years back Cleveland was a raging dumpster fire and at least I personally thought Baker Mayfield would be a bust in the NFL?

WeAreThePride
01-18-2021, 06:19 PM
$0.02?

Less.

Very tangentially but loosely related I say remember how a few years back Cleveland was a raging dumpster fire and at least I personally thought Baker Mayfield would be a bust in the NFL?

More proof that the media knows nothing. Baker's a damn good quarterback. Can you imagine what the Browns could do with Carson under center? Best O line in the league, weapons everywhere. I'd say Carson is worth 2 wins, and at least one round further in the playoffs than Baker.

And I like Baker.

GreenfieldBison
01-18-2021, 06:51 PM
Less.

More proof that the media knows nothing. Baker's a damn good quarterback. Can you imagine what the Browns could do with Carson under center? Best O line in the league, weapons everywhere. I'd say Carson is worth 2 wins, and at least one round further in the playoffs than Baker.

And I like Baker.

You accusing me of being media? /purple/

totoinfl
01-18-2021, 08:07 PM

I was with you on Mayfield...there is a very good reason I don't do the talent search for football.

BisManBison
01-18-2021, 08:56 PM
$0.02?

I was thinking 2 Belair cigarette coupons...

KSBisonFan
01-18-2021, 09:13 PM
The story about Wentz doesn't have to be 100% true. It's now a perception around the league, true or not. If even half the accounts are true, that's a problem and Wentz needs to address it and fix the problem. Playing better in spite of adversity would be a good start.*

*I misplaced my green and yellow glasses a long time ago when it comes to Carson.

ThunderDan
01-19-2021, 01:09 AM

Holy fuck dude, he's in the NFL making an insane amount of money. If he's worried about what fat losers (or short losers) are saying about him on their couch, then he probably shouldn't be in the NFL.
He had a terrible year. I know the people round here like to make excuses for him. First the problem was Doug...well now Doug is gone. So what happens if Carson still sucks next year? Then you go back to blaming the team?

Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady played with some extreme no name losers for alot of their career, and they still won...hmmmmmmmm....interesting, wonder why?
And yep, they made those losers look much better than they were, no doubt, so I don't want to hear about how they played with great players. That is the same argument about how Bill B. was the greatest coach ever. How'd he do without Tom? And how did Tom do without him? I'll give a hint...Tom is a Goat, Bill was lucky enough to have him.

But, I know what everyone will say about Rodgers and Brady....Offensive line was great? Was it???? Or did they both know when to get rid of the ball so as to not take as sack? Or they knew where the throw should go before the snap, so they got rid of it in time?

Carson has been affected by injuries, no doubt about it. And his game has suffered because of it.

El_Chapo
01-19-2021, 03:20 AM
Filthadelphia people belong in the feces sidewalks of Front Street downtown philly F em

ByeSonBusiness
01-19-2021, 04:04 AM
Filthadelphia people belong in the feces sidewalks of Front Street downtown philly F em

I know they are a tough crowd but this sort of stuff is silly

Kevin
01-19-2021, 04:26 AM
This really isn’t on Carson, he’s just getting paid, but the new black ridge bank commercial is weird as hell.

bisonaudit
01-19-2021, 06:14 AM
This really isn’t on Carson, he’s just getting paid, but the new black ridge bank commercial is weird as hell.

I heard they got bought a couple of months ago.

CentennialBison
01-19-2021, 01:40 PM
Carson is a NFL player, and can deal with the criticism. He is being paid millions to act like a professional. If there is smoke. there is fire. He cannot be blame less in this situation. Any rational person can see that. He is being unfairly targeted because Philadelphia is big media market. Controversy makes money.

1998braves64
01-19-2021, 05:40 PM
I heard they got bought a couple of months ago.

First Western bought them or merged or whatever it was.

El_Chapo
01-20-2021, 01:55 PM
Philip Rivers retired, Colts need a QB, Frank Reich Coach. Carson should be in Indy by noon.

CalBison97
01-20-2021, 04:27 PM
Philip Rivers retired, Colts need a QB, Frank Reich Coach. Carson should be in Indy by noon.

Should be, yes. But won’t. He’ll be in Philly next year, start Game 1 then be a highly-paid backup until Hurts eventually gets Hurt.

NDSU_grad
01-20-2021, 05:08 PM
Reports are that Reich isn’t a huge Wentz fan. I think Indy makes a play for Stafford.

Kevin
01-20-2021, 05:13 PM
Reports are that Reich isn’t a huge Wentz fan. I think Indy makes a play for Stafford.

Pretty deep QB draft too. Could still be a lot of talent available by their pick. Including Lance.

EC8CH
01-20-2021, 05:14 PM
Pretty deep QB draft too. Could still be a lot of talent available by their pick. Including Lance.

Honest question. You think Lance is a better NFL QB than Wentz? I could see reasonable arguments for both sides.

Kevin
01-20-2021, 05:28 PM
Honest question. You think Lance is a better NFL QB than Wentz? I could see reasonable arguments for both sides.

No. I think Wentz is an elite talent who has been wasted in a shithole organization.

Wentz's biggest issue is his contract. That's going to scare away Indy and a lot of other teams. Rolling the dice on a raw talent on a rookie deal makes a lot of fiscal sense.

EC8CH
01-20-2021, 05:34 PM
No. I think Wentz is an elite talent who has been wasted in a shithole organization.

Wentz's biggest issue is his contract. That's going to scare away Indy and a lot of other teams. Rolling the dice on a raw talent on a rookie deal makes a lot of fiscal sense.

That's some solid dollars and cents justification.

Lance has big boom or bust potential. Give Wentz a team that isn't a dumpster fire and he has proven MVP potential.

JMB
01-20-2021, 07:15 PM

No. Not based on what I have seen at NDSU.

Snowgoose
01-20-2021, 07:38 PM
Lance's issue is that he didn't get a chance to compete this fall. He really needed that extra season. I understand why he did what he did, but those reps are crucial so that makes it even harder to evaluate against Wentz's time at NDSU. Lance has the ability to be as good or better than Wentz but he needs some luck with the organization and timing of when he plays.

HandoEX
01-20-2021, 08:33 PM
No. Not based on what I have seen at NDSU.

Hard to compare Wentz as a Jr and Sr with Lance as a rFr though.

I’ll take Trey in the NFL.

JohnnyExtacy
01-21-2021, 12:31 AM

I think Lance is going to be who Bison fans thought Josh Allen was going to be when he came in the NFL. I don't want my team drafting Trey.

heffray
01-21-2021, 12:37 AM
I think Lance is going to be who Bison fans thought Josh Allen was going to be when he came in the NFL. I don't want my team drafting Trey.

I may be misunderstanding you but I think you might be overgeneralizing Bison fans’ thoughts on Josh Allen.

reformedUNDfan
01-21-2021, 01:13 AM

I think Trey is going to be Josh Allen 2.0

El_Chapo
01-21-2021, 01:50 AM

THIS IS CORRECT Sorry Lance, you aren't a true passer, but a great runner, Lamar J type

GreenfieldBison
01-21-2021, 02:11 AM
THIS IS CORRECT Sorry Lance, you aren't a true passer, but a great runner, Lamar J type

As of today Trey Lance is not yet old enough to belly up to a bar and order a righteous whiskey.

Neither you nor me nor any other quasi expert is at this time able to accurately espouse his floor or ceiling.

Sit down and STFU chapo-lakes.

GreenfieldBison
01-21-2021, 01:29 PM
Two NDSU QB's in this lineup of potential Indianapolis hires:

https://deadspin.com/philip-rivers-retirement-forces-colts-to-hang-help-wa-1846096441/slides/10

El_Chapo
01-21-2021, 01:33 PM
As of today Trey Lance is not yet old enough to belly up to a bar and order a righteous whiskey.

Neither you nor me nor any other quasi expert is at this time able to accurately espouse his floor or ceiling.

Sit down and STFU chapo-lakes.

lots of angry elfs lately.
Lance is NOT a true stand in pocket passer, he is a scrambler first, pretty sure that's been established.

Twincitybizon
01-21-2021, 03:18 PM
lots of angry elfs lately.
Lance is NOT a true stand in pocket passer, he is a scrambler first, pretty sure that's been established.

I don't think that has been established. He's shown flashes of being a pass first qb, with good pocket presence. He's been inconsistent though which should be normal for a young qb. All in all the jury is out. Could be great, could just out. Like perry much 90% if nfl qbs

Professor Chaos
01-21-2021, 07:16 PM
Eagles hiring Colts OC Nick Sirianni as their head coach: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30753841/philadelphia-eagles-hiring-nick-sirianni-head-coach-sources-say

Prior to being the Colts OC under Reich the last 3 seasons he was a QB and WR coach for the Chargers and Chiefs. On one hand it seems like a good thing for Wentz to hire an offensive/QB focused coach... on the other hand he seems pretty similar to Doug Pederson in coaching pedigree. It may not even be he envisions Wentz as his future QB... we'll just have to see.

OrygunBison
01-21-2021, 07:42 PM
We're in the middle of a remarkable shift in the prototype QB body type and skillset in the NFL. The days of the predominantly pocket passer are mostly over. Today's game requires much more mobility in the position than even 5 years ago. At NDSU and during his first couple of years in the NFL, Wentz was coveted for his mobility but simultaneously chastised for putting his supposedly perfect QB metrix in harm's way by scrambling so much and extending plays. He's not considered mobile anymore in contemporary terms. The new prototype body is more like Trey's. He's compact, very strong, has a rocket launcher for an arm when needed, and the shiftiness to almost never get hit squarely by a defender. He's like a bigger Russell Wilson in that way. Some of his best long throws were when he was on the run. It looks like the ball comes out effortlessly.

That's not to say that CW is past any MVP-type seasons in his future. The dude is amazing. He just needs to find his place again, not only in terms of the team that he plays for but also in terms of they type of player he can be with the body that he has. He needs to adjust with the game. He needs to talk to Tom Brady. That's a dude that has constantly adjusted his game to match his body, the scheme, and the talent of his surrounding players. I don't think Brady's all that bright, frankly, so if he can do it, CW certainly can.

Son of a Bison
01-21-2021, 09:03 PM
And the rules for QBs and hitting them have also had a large impact on the change in skill set over time

DCinOK
01-21-2021, 10:05 PM
We're in the middle of a remarkable shift in the prototype QB body type and skillset in the NFL. The days of the predominantly pocket passer are mostly over. Today's game requires much more mobility in the position than even 5 years ago.

And yet the two QBs in the NFC Championship Game, Brady and Rodgers...are two predominant pocket passers.

bisonaudit
01-21-2021, 10:12 PM
And yet the two QBs in the NFC Championship Game, Brady and Rodgers...are two predominant pocket passers.

All these guys are at the end of their careers though.

WeAreThePride
01-21-2021, 10:31 PM
People keep saying how the age of the pocket passer is over. Gimme a break. Mobile QBs have been a thing for decades. Elway, Young, And now Wilson, Rodgers, Mahomes, the pure runners don't have success. Let me know when Jackson or RGIII win a title.

JMB
01-22-2021, 02:04 PM

That is a fair point, at this point in his career at NDSU, Wentz really hadn't seen the field yet. However, the NFL is a tough place to get on the job training.

EC8CH
01-22-2021, 02:29 PM
That is a fair point, at this point in his career at NDSU, Wentz really hadn't seen the field yet. However, the NFL is a tough place to get on the job training.

Wentz made plays in college and in the NFL that literally make your jaw drop. Lance had some of those elite plays in college but not many were displays of pure arm talent. So for Lance, I just don't know whereas with Wentz you know that potential is there.

OrygunBison
01-22-2021, 04:34 PM
People keep saying how the age of the pocket passer is over. Gimme a break. Mobile QBs have been a thing for decades. Elway, Young, And now Wilson, Rodgers, Mahomes, the pure runners don't have success. Let me know when Jackson or RGIII win a title.

WTF. Who said anything positive about "pure runners"? I agree that those guys won't do it in the NFL. My point is that guys that rarely get out of the pocket are somewhat dinosaurs. For Brady, I already commented on the preparation and adjustments in the game for him and the excellent way that he takes care of his body. And Rodgers, he's absolutely not a statue. Look at the guy's footwork. He can scramble when needed. Elway and Young were the exception when they were in the league. I'm not sure why it took so long for the big switch to happen. I think that they kept using the old player measurables - Montana, Marino, Testaverde, Theisman, Simms, Boomer, etc - even though the passing schemes were changing so much. Now, it isn't quite as important that a guy is 6'-4" and 225#. Hell, the QB with the most passing yards of all time is a light-footed guy that's shorter than me. I think part of the math is that defensive linemen are so much faster now than they used to be and it has universally caused the pocket to be a bit less stable.

If you don't see the shift in the last 5 years, I can't help you.

El_Chapo
01-27-2021, 06:08 PM
The #Eagles are hiring University of Florida OC Brian Johnson as their new QB coach, source said. The former Utah QB has impressed in the college ranks, including at Mississippi State where he served as Dak Prescott’s QB coach.

this should be good news for getting Carson out of philly!!

can we open the Big Wentz thread o
now? pretty please?

TAILG8R
01-27-2021, 06:37 PM
The #Eagles are hiring University of Florida OC Brian Johnson as their new QB coach, source said. The former Utah QB has impressed in the college ranks, including at Mississippi State where he served as Dak Prescott’s QB coach.

this should be good news for getting Carson out of philly!!

can we open the Big Wentz thread o
now? pretty please?

Serious question, how is this good news for getting Carson out of Philly? Because this guy coached Prescott??

Bison Bridge Guy
01-27-2021, 06:40 PM
Serious question, how is this good news for getting Carson out of Philly? Because this guy coached Prescott??

I saw comments in a twitter thread about the hiring that this means the Eagles favor Hurts because Brian Johnson recruited him in college. That seems like a reach. He talked to him about playing college football 5-6 years ago so that makes the decision on who the QB is?

Correction - I saw another article that says Johnson has known hurts since he was 4. Still not sure if that means anything.

TAILG8R
01-27-2021, 07:00 PM
I saw comments in a twitter thread about the hiring that this means the Eagles favor Hurts because Brian Johnson recruited him in college. That seems like a reach. He talked to him about playing college football 5-6 years ago so that makes the decision on who the QB is?

Correction - I saw another article that says Johnson has known hurts since he was 4. Still not sure if that means anything.

Ah I see. I guess I can see where the comments come from but agree not sure it means much.

El_Chapo
01-27-2021, 07:34 PM
there's a hurts relationship.

heffray
01-27-2021, 08:36 PM

At this point I’ll buy anything to give me hope he gets a shot somewhere else...

JohnnyExtacy
01-27-2021, 08:57 PM
Their radio is saying this is pointing to Hurts and they are also saying Philly wants to keep Carson another year because of the dead money and to push Hurts. Carson may be stuck in Philly another year or 2 and may not even play.

heffray
01-27-2021, 09:01 PM
Their radio is saying this is pointing to Hurts and they are also saying Philly wants to keep Carson another year because of the dead money and to push Hurts. Carson may be stuck in Philly another year or 2 and may not even play.

Maybe good for Carson to get healthy?

NDSUSR
01-27-2021, 09:04 PM
Maybe good for Carson to get rusty?

Improved quote.

heffray
01-27-2021, 09:40 PM
Improved quote.

“Improved” here is clearly subjective.

mnriverbison
02-01-2021, 07:59 PM
Two firmly held beliefs I hold which I cannot reconcile. 1-Wentz is to blame for most of his problems and we on b'ville tend to over-rate him 2-my god please make a Cousins trade happen and bring Carson to the Vikes

heffray
02-01-2021, 08:15 PM
Two firmly held beliefs I hold which I cannot reconcile. 1-Wentz is to blame for most of his problems and we on b'ville tend to over-rate him 2-my god please make a Cousins trade happen and bring Carson to the Vikes

I don’t think “blame” is the right word but I pretty much agree with all of that. He was made a lot of poor on-field decisions this year, but he was not put in good situations like 90% of the time.

Bison Bridge Guy
02-04-2021, 03:22 PM
Another article with lots of "according to sources" info. Teams are calling the Eagles about a trade. The article does give good specifics on Wentz's contract and what the cap hit would be for the Eagles if he is traded.

https://www.nfl.com/news/carson-wentz-teams-calling-eagles-potential-trade-qb

El_Chapo
02-04-2021, 05:46 PM
very interesting. open up the wentz thread and merge this thread and peterson out thread for a MEGA WENTZ thread

Professor Chaos
02-04-2021, 07:23 PM
This is pretty wild:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EtZNyNvWQAMY863?format=jpg&name=small

OrygunBison
02-04-2021, 08:03 PM
This is pretty wild:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EtZNyNvWQAMY863?format=jpg&name=small

That's not as impressive as it might seem since the list goes back 12 years and magically ends at CW's rookie year. The league has generally had fewer players stick with a team for their entire career anymore. Hell, even HOF guys like Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers, Payton Manning, Brett Favre, Steve Young, etc. played for multiple teams. Twelve years is a long time. The data for this was cherry picked to make a specific, not-so-useful point.

I love CW and feel like these desperate attempts to make a point actually distract from what we should be looking at. (I have a similar issue with being a committed liberal and having so many of my like-minded cohorts being such whiners and pussies, distracting from the core ideas of the movement.)

oldmantutters
02-05-2021, 02:26 AM
What would the list look like it it were from 2006-2016? The 2016 year makes at least a little bit of sense since rookie first round contacts are 4-year contacts with a team option for a fifth year.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

pucknut9
02-05-2021, 02:24 PM
Get it done
https://www.radio.com/94wip/sports/eagles/report-eagles-have-trade-offers-for-carson-wentz

EC8CH
02-05-2021, 02:32 PM
Get it done
https://www.radio.com/94wip/sports/eagles/report-eagles-have-trade-offers-for-carson-wentz

Whatever it takes. Get him the hell out of Philly.

heffray
02-05-2021, 03:34 PM
Get it done

So Carson’s desire to get traded is “pathetic” but when Deshaun Watson does it, no one bats an eye?

I don’t even know who Joe Decamara is but he can go fuck himself.

mtoutfitter
02-05-2021, 03:45 PM
So Carson’s desire to get traded is “pathetic” but when Deshaun Watson does it, no one bats an eye?

Must be that "White Privilege" that everyone speaks of....

Kevin
02-05-2021, 03:54 PM

But why would there be aggressive trade offers? I have it on good authority from Twitter guys and a few Bisonville QB's* that Wentz is done?

*by a few I mean one.

EC8CH
02-05-2021, 04:07 PM
But why would there be aggressive trade offers? I have it on good authority from Twitter guys and a few Bisonville QB's* that Wentz is done?

*by a few I mean one.

Because people who actually know football could see the Eagles offense has been a steaming bag of shit that Wentz has been asked and tried to carry on his shoulders now for 2 seasons. Let's drop straight back in the pocket 40 times a game with a turnstile named Jason Peters at guard and throw to a group of guys off the practice squad at wide out.

Kevin
02-05-2021, 04:09 PM
Because people who actually know football could see the Eagles offense has been a steaming bag of shit that Wentz has been asked and tried to carry on his shoulders now for 2 seasons. Let's drop straight back in the pocket 40 times a game with a turnstile named Jason Peters at guard and throw to a group of guys off the practice squad at wide out.

Yeah but Nick Foles has a statue and Hurts is fast.

heffray
02-05-2021, 04:10 PM
Must be that "White Privilege" that everyone speaks of....

I don’t think that has anything to do with it, but I guess I can’t tell if you’re being serious or not.

EC8CH
02-05-2021, 04:11 PM
Yeah but Nick Foles has a statue and Hurts is fast.

Good for them. Let Philly trade Foles for Wentz and try to win with that tandem in the QB room and get Wentz the fuq out of Philly. On this Lakes and I agree.

heffray
02-05-2021, 04:18 PM
Good for them. Let Philly trade Foles for Wentz and try to win with that tandem in the QB room and get Wentz the fuq out of Philly. On this Lakes and I agree.

Same here.

pucknut9
02-05-2021, 04:52 PM

Philly radio guy who hasn’t been a fan of Carson since day 1

heffray
02-05-2021, 05:05 PM
Philly radio guy who hasn’t been a fan of Carson since day 1

FCS derangement syndrome, likely.

NDSUstudent
02-05-2021, 06:12 PM
As of 30 mins ago the #Bears have the top offer out for Carson Wentz. Unless another team comes over the top Wentz will be headed to Chicago. Bigger offer than most have expected. Bidding war will do that.

https://twitter.com/BRobNFL/status/1357764256398270466

heffray
02-05-2021, 06:16 PM
https://twitter.com/BRobNFL/status/1357764256398270466

Wow. Not surprised, but I don’t recall the Bears being a top contender in the conversation. Lol, I hope Foles is included in the deal... fuckers.

NDSUstudent
02-05-2021, 06:16 PM
Lots of Carson Wentz talk here in Tampa. 2 team executives told me #Eagles should get at least a first-round pick for him. Neither thinks they could get two 1s. One says a 1 outside top 5. Other says a 1 in 2nd half of 1st round. Biggest question is will the Eagles do it.

https://twitter.com/RobMaaddi/status/1357764742182547457

Kevin
02-05-2021, 09:04 PM
Twitter buzz is saying that the Bears have the highest offer on the table for Wentz right now. Gross.

EC8CH
02-05-2021, 09:07 PM
Wow. Not surprised, but I don’t recall the Bears being a top contender in the conversation. Lol, I hope Foles is included in the deal... fuckers.

Chef kiss if so.

NDSUSR
02-05-2021, 09:11 PM
Les Bowen

@LesBowen
(https://twitter.com/LesBowen)
6h (https://twitter.com/LesBowen/status/1357722333134401539)

I've talked to an NFL source, not w/the Eagles, who hears a Wentz trade is close. That isn't first-hand information. I do feel that the longer we go without Wentz saying something like "I'm happy to be an Eagle and excited about playing for Nick Sirianni," the closer we get...

Kevin
02-05-2021, 09:12 PM
Chef kiss if so.

Plot twist.

Bears win NFC. Wentz wins MVP but gets COVID-22 (the 4th mutation originating from a lab in Uragay) and misses last 3 weeks of the playoffs. Wentz takes a lot of heat in the media because he wasn't wearing 17 masks at once as is the new protocol under the Harris-Clinton administration of the time.

Foles comes in and wins it all. Getting another statue, this one in Chicago which is subsequently destroyed in a Black Lives Matter riot.

Wentz is then traded to Green Bay and wins 7 more rings. Coming in second all time to Brady who is somehow still playing despite being almost 60.

Kevin
02-05-2021, 09:14 PM
On a serious note they should keep their picks and draft Lance. Much better fits for Carson out there.

EC8CH
02-05-2021, 09:21 PM
Plot twist.

Bears win NFC. Wentz wins MVP but gets COVID-22 (the 4th mutation originating from a lab in Uragay) and misses last 3 weeks of the playoffs. Wentz takes a lot of heat in the media because he wasn't wearing 17 masks at once as is the new protocol under the Harris-Clinton administration of the time.

Foles comes in and wins it all. Getting another statue, this one in Chicago which is subsequently destroyed in a Black Lives Matter riot.

Wentz is then traded to Green Bay and wins 7 more rings. Coming in second all time to Brady who is somehow still playing despite being almost 60.

I like the part where Chapo losses his shit for Wentz bitch slapping the vikings for 7 years.

Bison03
02-05-2021, 09:42 PM
As a Bears fan, I was hoping they would trade up and take Lance in the draft. But I would love to see the comeback story of Wentz in Chicago!!

ByeSonBusiness
02-05-2021, 09:46 PM
Wentz in Chicago would be kinda fun. Easy trip for ND people looking to pay homage.

heffray
02-05-2021, 10:07 PM
On a serious note they should keep their picks and draft Lance. Much better fits for Carson out there.

Yeah, The receivers for the Bears don’t get me too excited.

El_Chapo
02-05-2021, 10:11 PM
yea no to Chicago. that fanbase sucks too

NDSUstudent
02-05-2021, 10:12 PM
Yeah, The receivers for the Bears don’t get me too excited.

Robinson is great but who knows if he will still be in Chicago.

pucknut9
02-05-2021, 10:26 PM

Went to Soldier Field with my Wentz signed Bison jersey and I had a great time. No problems to speak of. KC was a different story

EC8CH
02-05-2021, 11:13 PM

See. It's working out already.

heffray
02-05-2021, 11:54 PM

They are no where near as bad as Philly.

NDSU1980
02-06-2021, 12:14 AM
Bears fans don't want Wentz. I'm not surprised either by this. https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/carson-wentz-trade-rumors-bears-fans-not-happy-links-eagles-qb

bisoningrandforks
02-06-2021, 12:59 AM
com on Indy up the anti....no to chicago

heffray
02-06-2021, 01:11 AM
As much as I dislike Chicago sports, the 30for30 ‘85 Bears is the absolute best one. There’s some good culture there.

BisonTru
02-06-2021, 02:00 AM
com on Indy up the anti....no to chicago

Yeah, Chicago is very similar to Philly. Decent defense with no offensive weapons. Definitely hope Indy pulls it off, but it seems Chicago is more aggressive.

Wentz may be asked to restructure his contract to make a deal work. He'd have a little say if that is the case. He may like both spots. Former coaches both places, and I think him and Foles had a good relationship.

WeAreThePride
02-06-2021, 02:13 AM
Nagy has turned Bitch Trubisky into an almost competent quarterback. Just imagine what he could do with Wentz.

CalBison97
02-06-2021, 04:05 AM
Bears fans don't want Wentz. I'm not surprised either by this. https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/carson-wentz-trade-rumors-bears-fans-not-happy-links-eagles-qb

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210206/aa38f1cb0480e324e7ae55adb8585039.jpg

scottietohottie
02-06-2021, 12:10 PM

*by a few I mean one.

Pat McAfee?

Bisonator98
02-06-2021, 02:19 PM
Chicago would be the same as Philly IMO. Same boring offense with no weapons and bad oline. Nagy is as unimaginative as Pederson. Hopefully Indy pulls it off, would absolutely be the best opportunity for Carson to turn it around. They have plenty of cap space and I'm sure Carson would be open to a restructure to get there. Just not sure Ballard would be willing to give up a 1 to make it happen. One of the better GM's and draft evaluators in the NFL.

JohnnyExtacy
02-06-2021, 03:09 PM
Chicago. That's one place he can get traded to to ruin his career.

They also have arguably the dumbest fanbase in the NFL.

El_Chapo
02-06-2021, 08:06 PM
Lets go. Trade is imminent

espn sportscenter facebook says so

reformedUNDfan
02-06-2021, 08:06 PM
Chicago. That's one place he can get traded to to ruin his career.

They also have arguably the dumbest fanbase in the NFL.

is there a smart NFL fanbase?

Kevin
02-06-2021, 08:31 PM
Pat McAfee?

Pats issues with wentz was all contract not skill related. He’s already walking that back saying he’s the best option for the colts now that stafford is off the table.

NDSUSR
02-07-2021, 06:13 PM
Rob Maaddi (https://mobile.twitter.com/RobMaaddi)

@RobMaaddi (https://mobile.twitter.com/RobMaaddi)
·
6h (https://mobile.twitter.com/RobMaaddi/status/1358166797267124227)
Former #Eagles (https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/Eagles?src=hashtag_click) player told me: “Doug wasn’t the problem. Carson isn’t the problem. The PROBLEM is still there.” This feeling has been expressed to me by several others recently. More people around the league have shared similar thoughts with me over the past week in Tampa

El_Chapo
02-07-2021, 06:40 PM
Wentz to Bears steam heating up.

cmon INDY or Houston. trade for Wentz already!!!

EC8CH
02-07-2021, 08:20 PM

·
Former #Eagles (https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/Eagles?src=hashtag_click) player told me: “Doug wasn’t the problem. Carson isn’t the problem. The PROBLEM is still there.” This feeling has been expressed to me by several others recently. More people around the league have shared similar thoughts with me over the past week in Tampa

This. Exactly. Why I want Wentz out even if Doug isn't still there.

NDSUstudent
02-08-2021, 03:17 AM
Wentz to Bears steam heating up.

cmon INDY or Houston. trade for Wentz already!!!

Houston is a raging dumpster fire, not sure why you want him there.

NDSUSR
02-08-2021, 03:35 AM
Houston is a raging dumpster fire, not sure why you want him there.
Exactly. Its possibly worse than philly.

WeAreThePride
02-08-2021, 04:22 AM
Exactly. Its possibly worse than philly.

Anywhere but Houston. Seriously staying in Philly would be better.

JMB
02-08-2021, 01:56 PM

·

Meh, anonymous source. Frankly Wentz's play last year was a problem.

JMB
02-08-2021, 01:59 PM

I love journalism that uses Twitter as a source to gauge the overall sentiment of a fan base. "Hey I looked on Twitter today and the 100 people who follow me are mad about Wentz." Twitter, the intellectual race to the bottom.

El_Chapo
02-08-2021, 02:03 PM
Lets Move Wentz today. Day after the Super Bowl.
GMS back in offices ready to make shit happen on the slowest sports day of the year

EC8CH
02-08-2021, 02:06 PM
Lets Move Wentz today. Day after the Super Bowl.
GMS back in offices ready to make shit happen on the slowest sports day of the year

This weeks the week, what are everyone's thoughts between the Bears and Colts being the actual landing spot vs the best situation for Wentz to succeed?

Bisonator98
02-08-2021, 02:09 PM
This weeks the week, what are everyone's thoughts between the Bears and Colts being the actual landing spot vs the best situation for Wentz to succeed?

Bears are philly lite, the suck is the same. Colts are the best fit without a doubt but not sure Ballard will pull the trigger and give up as much as the idiot in Chicago.

EC8CH
02-08-2021, 02:10 PM
Bears are philly lite, the suck is the same. Colts are the best fit without a doubt but not sure Ballard will pull the trigger and give up as much as the idiot in Chicago.

This is the general mood I detect out there as well.

BisonTru
02-08-2021, 08:05 PM

Colts for sue. They got young talent, plenty of cap room, and plenty of picks (if they don't give them up for Wentz).

Bears would be interesting how they make the cap work. Philly sure as hell can't take on any more cap. They could restructure some guys and make it work, but essentially that's what Philly did for the past few years and now they are stuck in the mess they are in.

There's been a third team in the rumors but it's varied between LV to Denver to unknown. I'd imagine given the demand for QBs that a good half the league has called and asked the buy now price.

The Eagles owe Wentz 10 million on March 19th. I think there's enough smoke that a deal seems close, but they could wait a while yet. Definitely see him getting moved before March 19th tho.

Hammerhead
02-08-2021, 08:23 PM

It seems like da Bears have had as many problems at quarterback in the last 20 years as the Vikings have. I just don't want to see any more former Bison going to the Bears, Lions, or Packers.

NDSUSR
02-08-2021, 08:49 PM
Chicago Bears

(https://twitter.com/BearsPR)@BearsPR
(https://twitter.com/BearsPR)
#Bears (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bears?src=hashtag_click) Coaching Update: We have announced the promotion of John DeFilippo to Pass Game Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach.

Professor Chaos
02-08-2021, 08:54 PM
Colts for sue. They got young talent, plenty of cap room, and plenty of picks (if they don't give them up for Wentz).

Bears would be interesting how they make the cap work. Philly sure as hell can't take on any more cap. They could restructure some guys and make it work, but essentially that's what Philly did for the past few years and now they are stuck in the mess they are in.

There's been a third team in the rumors but it's varied between LV to Denver to unknown. I'd imagine given the demand for QBs that a good half the league has called and asked the buy now price.

The Eagles owe Wentz 10 million on March 19th. I think there's enough smoke that a deal seems close, but they could wait a while yet. Definitely see him getting moved before March 19th tho.
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BlankPepperyIriomotecat-small.gif

EC8CH
02-08-2021, 09:26 PM
Chicago Bears

(https://twitter.com/BearsPR)@BearsPR
(https://twitter.com/BearsPR)
#Bears (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bears?src=hashtag_click) Coaching Update: We have announced the promotion of John DeFilippo to Pass Game Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach.

Interesting development.

El_Chapo
02-08-2021, 10:03 PM
Interesting development.

pretty much seals the bears god dammit GRRR

Son of a Bison
02-08-2021, 10:46 PM
Indiana people and their values are much more like North Dakota when compared to Chicago. Hard working. Family oriented. Agriculture still an important industry. Carson would fit better no matter what happens on the field.

ByeSonBusiness
02-08-2021, 10:52 PM
Indiana people and their values are much more like North Dakota when compared to Chicago. Hard working. Family oriented. Agriculture still an important industry. Carson would fit better no matter what happens on the field.

Chicago fans aren't terrible. Would be an interesting place.

TAILG8R
02-08-2021, 11:23 PM
Chicago fans aren't terrible. Would be an interesting place.

Yep. Chicago fans are way more willing to stand behind their players and not turn on them at a moments notice.

BisonTru
02-09-2021, 12:22 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210209/e3042a2c5cc7b4e311417c1f14a1b33b.jpg

Snowgoose
02-09-2021, 12:54 PM
Well if I was a Bears fan and looked at the all time Bears QB stats and realized that Trubisky is way up on the list any QB that came in and and did a good job would be an instant hero.

NDSU1980
02-09-2021, 04:58 PM
The negativity for Wentz continues in Philly.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/anonymous-report-again-questions-carson-140841901.html

Bisonator98
02-09-2021, 05:35 PM
This seems far more likely IMO.

https://www.si.com/nfl/eagles/.amp/news/eagles-appear-all-in-on-jalen-hurts-as-the-starting-qb-this-season?__twitter_impression=true

Philly's front office is a fricking disaster.

Professor Chaos
02-09-2021, 05:59 PM
This seems far more likely IMO.

https://www.si.com/nfl/eagles/.amp/news/eagles-appear-all-in-on-jalen-hurts-as-the-starting-qb-this-season?__twitter_impression=true

Philly's front office is a fricking disaster.
:uhyeah:

I'll say it again. The Eagles have drafted one Pro Bowler since 2013 (and making the Pro Bowl hasn't been that hard the last few seasons with as many replacements as they've had to name)... and that's Carson Wentz. Why the hell did Howie give Wentz that monster contract that essentially married them to him through the 2021 season if he wasn't their guy? Does a front office full of "football guys" really read that much into a lost season??? You're absolutely right that front office is a freakin' disaster.

scottietohottie
02-09-2021, 06:09 PM

I'll say it again. The Eagles have drafted one Pro Bowler since 2013 (and making the Pro Bowl hasn't been that hard the last few seasons with as many replacements as they've had to name)... and that's Carson Wentz. Why the hell did Howie give Wentz that monster contract that essentially married them to him through the 2021 season if he wasn't their guy? Does a front office full of "football guys" really read that much into a lost season??? You're absolutely right that front office is a freakin' disaster.

Howie changed his mind on Carson after the Clowney hit.

BisonTru
02-09-2021, 06:58 PM

I don't have much of a problem with Howie signing him to the contract. Look at Dallas. They didn't sign Dak and now they got to tag him, sign him or watch him go. And honestly Howie is going to get something for Wentz and his contract. All the dead cap they are eating are from structuring and restructuring Wentz's deal. Basically calling the salary a signing bonus and spreading it out over the contract, but now all that has to go against the cap. He did that with a bunch of Philly's big contracts and now he's in cap trouble.

He's been awful at drafting though and now he has absolutely no cap space. I honestly feel sorry for Jalen because the only hope of adding offensive weapons is via the draft and that sure the hell hasn't worked out lately. Wentz has to get out. I don't think even the FO can walk this back now, but if they did I'd demand a trade if I was Wentz. If he already hasn't.

Eerily quiet today.

Professor Chaos
02-09-2021, 07:23 PM
I don't have much of a problem with Howie signing him to the contract. Look at Dallas. They didn't sign Dak and now they got to tag him, sign him or watch him go. And honestly Howie is going to get something for Wentz and his contract. All the dead cap they are eating are from structuring and restructuring Wentz's deal. Basically calling the salary a signing bonus and spreading it out over the contract, but now all that has to go against the cap. He did that with a bunch of Philly's big contracts and now he's in cap trouble.

He's been awful at drafting though and now he has absolutely no cap space. I honestly feel sorry for Jalen because the only hope of adding offensive weapons is via the draft and that sure the hell hasn't worked out lately. Wentz has to get out. I don't think even the FO can walk this back now, but if they did I'd demand a trade if I was Wentz. If he already hasn't.

Eerily quiet today.
They agreed to his current extension prior to the 2019 season which was at least a full year before they had to shit or get off the pot with him. They had a (fairly expensive) team option for the 2020 season that they could've exercised meaning his first potential year on the franchise tag would've been the upcoming 2021 season. I think they saved a little bit last year when it came to a cap hit with his extension rather than using the 5th year option of his rookie contract but it wasn't that much. If their front office is now set on Hurts as the starter they're as wishy-washy as some of their fans.

Son of a Bison
02-09-2021, 07:27 PM
And if Howie gets everyone else out that helped win the super bowl and somehow they win he can fully take credit. But don’t see that happening.

BisonTru
02-09-2021, 07:54 PM
They agreed to his current extension prior to the 2019 season which was at least a full year before they had to shit or get off the pot with him. They had a (fairly expensive) team option for the 2020 season that they could've exercised meaning his first potential year on the franchise tag would've been the upcoming 2021 season. I think they saved a little bit last year when it came to a cap hit with his extension rather than using the 5th year option of his rookie contract but it wasn't that much. If their front office is now set on Hurts as the starter they're as wishy-washy as some of their fans.

In 2019 he was coming off an ok year but with another injury that held him out of the playoffs. Many people at the time thought with his injury history they shouldn't sign him yet, but I think they got a bit of a discount for the potential injury prone plus his '18 season wasn't as good as '17. Had he returned to his '17 performance and stayed healthy (he has stayed healthy outside of the concussion in '19) he could have asked for the world. Hindsight is 20/20.

Ultimately though drafting Hurts set the stage. I don't think Howie thought Hurts was the replacement. I think he was greedy thinking, hey if Wentz gets hurt, and then Hurts balls out. I can trade one for a lot. Instead Wentz stumbled and the fans started calling for Hurts.

They need to commit to someone. Keeping a QB controversy doesn't make sense and Hurts is so unproven and so cheap, it'd be hard to deal him. They obviously aren't and Wentz is headed out. All in all, good for Wentz, imo.

scottietohottie
02-10-2021, 02:44 PM
https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2021/2/10/22275895/eagles-news-carson-wentz-trade-market-cooled-philadelphia-quarterback-colts-bears-draft-picks-qb-nfl

Bison 4 Life
02-10-2021, 03:20 PM
https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2021/2/10/22275895/eagles-news-carson-wentz-trade-market-cooled-philadelphia-quarterback-colts-bears-draft-picks-qb-nfl

With Mariota out there for a lot cheaper, I doubt they'll move him if they keep the price the same.

pucknut9
02-11-2021, 02:32 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/eagles-fans-flood-carson-wentzs-foundation-with-donations-ahead-of-potential-trade-we-love-carson/

El_Chapo
02-11-2021, 03:04 PM
well....we're waiting................. hurry up COLTS!

pucknut9
02-11-2021, 07:03 PM
https://thespun.com/nfl/afc-south/indianapolis-colts/carson-wentz-preferred-trade-destination-frank-reich-colts

BisonTru
02-11-2021, 07:34 PM
https://thespun.com/nfl/afc-south/indianapolis-colts/carson-wentz-preferred-trade-destination-frank-reich-colts

There's some rumors that Indy may like Wentz to rework his contract. I think there's some creative accounting that could help Philly out with the cap hit. He definitely doesn't have to change his deal, but it would be a bit of leverage he could use if he wants the trade to go a certain direction.

Things have gotten so quiet for the last few days. IMO either A) a deal is close but there's a bunch of details to work out or B) Everyone's dug in and nobody is blinking.

G_Funky
02-11-2021, 08:45 PM
There's some rumors that Indy may like Wentz to rework his contract. I think there's some creative accounting that could help Philly out with the cap hit. He definitely doesn't have to change his deal, but it would be a bit of leverage he could use if he wants the trade to go a certain direction.

Things have gotten so quiet for the last few days. IMO either A) a deal is close but there's a bunch of details to work out or B) Everyone's dug in and nobody is blinking.

If I were Indy I'd give them their requested draft picks knowing the Philly front office will fuck it up anyway

BisonTru
02-11-2021, 09:16 PM
If I were Indy I'd give them their requested draft picks knowing the Philly front office will fuck it up anyway

True that, but Indy has been drafting pretty well. So those picks are valuable to them.

HerdistheWord
02-11-2021, 10:17 PM
Personally, I hope Wentz goes for as low as value as possible. I want his destination team to retain as much draft capital as possible so they can surround him with talent later on.

heffray
02-11-2021, 10:21 PM
Personally, I hope Wentz goes for as low as value as possible. I want his destination team to retain as much draft capital as possible so they can surround him with talent later on.

Problem is it’s not really up to Carson...

El_Chapo
02-12-2021, 01:15 AM
betting sites updated:

Colts +125 Reich
Bears +150 DeFlip
Texans +300 Wentz lives there
Broncos +350 Elway loves Wentz
Patriots +400 Bilichek ?
NY Jets +500 (trade for Darnold?)
Raiders +800 Gruden loved Wentz, Carr to Philly?

NDSU1980
02-12-2021, 04:22 PM
At least Carson can still claim he's better than Ben DiNucci and Nick Foles. https://www.yahoo.com/sports/2021-nfl-quarterback-rankings-where-155946249.html

TAILG8R
02-12-2021, 05:43 PM
I love that Didouche is remembered as the guy that played QB during a covid year that had ZERO business even being in on the field. Lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

mtoutfitter
02-12-2021, 06:12 PM
I love that Didouche is remembered as the guy that played QB during a covid year that had ZERO business even being in the field. Lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

"In the field"....was he doing a Jimmy Hoffa impression? :rofl::rofl:

TAILG8R
02-12-2021, 06:56 PM
"In the field"....was he doing a Jimmy Hoffa impression? :rofl::rofl:

Oops. Might as well have been in the field. on that day.

bruinbison
02-15-2021, 11:03 AM
https://247sports.com/college/north-dakota-state/Article/Philadelphia-Eagels-Carson-Wentz-trade-Indianapolis-Colts-offered-two-second-round-picks-Nick-Sirianni-160877198/

According to Ron Jaworski Philly has been offered 2 second round picks by Indianapolis. Right now they would like a similar return to what Detroit got for Matthew Stafford (2 first round picks +) but that Jaws doesn’t think Indy will do that.

El_Chapo
02-15-2021, 02:29 PM
hearing some DENVER BRONCO steam... cmon Elway. Wentz would be perfect there in the cold, and you can market him with the outdoorsy crowd!

Here’s a trade that helps both the Philadelphia Eagles and the Denver Broncos.

Okay, here we go. Here’s a deal that could work for both the Birds and Broncos. Is everyone ready? Let’s do this!

The Philadelphia Eagles send quarterback Carson Wentz to Colorado to be the franchise-altering player the Broncos has been searching for since John Elway (no disrespect to Peyton Manning). Philly also sends a 2021 fifth-round pick and a seventh-rounder in 2022. On the flip, the Broncos send their first-round pick (the ninth selection), a second-round pick (number 40), a fourth-round pick (number 114), and a wideout, DaeSean Hamilton, to sweeten the pot.

Read now >>

This is a win-win as the Broncos land their man in Carson Wentz, as well as a little draft capital to make up for the picks they had to send the Philadelphia Eagles. The Birds’ land some serious draft capital and a twenty-five-year-old wideout that has the talent and tools to be a game-changer, with a change of scenery. Thoughts? We’d love to hear them. The debate table is officially open

scottietohottie
02-15-2021, 02:52 PM
hearing some DENVER BRONCO steam... cmon Elway. Wentz would be perfect there in the cold, and you can market him with the outdoorsy crowd!

Okay, here we go. Here’s a deal that could work for both the Birds and Broncos. Is everyone ready? Let’s do this!

The Philadelphia Eagles send quarterback Carson Wentz to Colorado to be the franchise-altering player the Broncos has been searching for since John Elway (no disrespect to Peyton Manning). Philly also sends a 2021 fifth-round pick and a seventh-rounder in 2022. On the flip, the Broncos send their first-round pick (the ninth selection), a second-round pick (number 40), a fourth-round pick (number 114), and a wideout, DaeSean Hamilton, to sweeten the pot.

Read now >>

This is a win-win as the Broncos land their man in Carson Wentz, as well as a little draft capital to make up for the picks they had to send the Philadelphia Eagles. The Birds’ land some serious draft capital and a twenty-five-year-old wideout that has the talent and tools to be a game-changer, with a change of scenery. Thoughts? We’d love to hear them. The debate table is officially open

U forgot the eagles taking trey in the first round and bisonville shutting down.

EC8CH
02-15-2021, 02:56 PM
U forgot the eagles taking trey in the first round and bisonville shutting down.

I'm in for the Chapo meltdown alone.

El_Chapo
02-15-2021, 03:07 PM
I'm in for the Chapo meltdown alone.

argh, dont even think that

BisonTru
02-15-2021, 03:22 PM

Read now >>

A high first and a high second?? That'd be an instant accept if it were offered imo. What do I know tho, cuz I think 2 seconds is fair and it sounds like that offer was already submitted, yet here we sit.

I have heard the Broncos rumors too, but some reputable insiders are also disputing them claiming the Broncos are more just tire kickers. I would be pretty shocked if the Broncos sent a 9 overall pick. Maybe a first next year.

BisonTru
02-15-2021, 03:24 PM
https://i.redd.it/vyzeg6xkqnh61.jpg

bruinbison
02-15-2021, 04:39 PM

Read now >>

Have read elsewhere that Elway has turned over some of the decision making responsibilities.
That being said, whoever is doing that - for Denver - would have the choice of getting Wentz with that package (or less actually) - or, if you stick close to that package Denver could go from #9 on up to get Trey Lance or tOSU’s QB Justin Fields, whichever one the Broncos prefer. Almost gets you to the Jets pick at #2 - at least giving them something to think about (might have to throw another high draft pick or two in - QB premium). Then the Jets take one last rebuild around their young QB - Darnold (23).

TAILG8R
02-15-2021, 06:02 PM
Have read elsewhere that Elway has turned over some of the decision making responsibilities.
That being said, whoever is doing that - for Denver - would have the choice of getting Wentz with that package (or less actually) - or, if you stick close to that package Denver could go from #9 on up to get Trey Lance or tOSU’s QB Justin Fields, whichever one the Broncos prefer. Almost gets you to the Jets pick at #2 - at least giving them something to think about (might have to throw another high draft pick or two in - QB premium). Then the Jets take one last rebuild around their young QB - Darnold (23).

Also gives you 5 years at QB for less $$.

southcliffbison
02-16-2021, 05:07 PM
Breaking news: Just heard on the Cowherd show that CW got traded to the Bears.

Karen
02-16-2021, 05:10 PM
Where the heck is lake's? Management needs to ban that slacker .

EC8CH
02-16-2021, 05:16 PM
Where the heck is lake's? Management needs to ban that slacker .

Lance to the Eagles and the lakes meltdown will be complete.

Bisonator98
02-16-2021, 05:26 PM
Breaking news: Just heard on the Cowherd show that CW got traded to the Bears.

Fake news.

southcliffbison
02-16-2021, 05:30 PM
Fake news.

Yup, I spoke too soon (or wrote) . Sorry. I was so hoping that it was true.

TAILG8R
02-16-2021, 05:33 PM
Why would Carson Wentz want to play for the Bears? (https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/16/why-would-carson-wentz-want-to-play-for-the-bears/)

Karen
02-16-2021, 05:38 PM
Exactly why the great one didn't post about it. Not a fact until he says so.

El_Chapo
02-16-2021, 08:40 PM
Exactly why the great one didn't post about it. Not a fact until he says so.

I laugh at Cowherd, he is such a peon. Glazer will text me

BisonTru
02-18-2021, 03:46 PM
Finally...... Wentz traded to the Colts!!

"Philadelphia has agreed to trade Carson Wentz to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for a 2021 third-round pick and a conditional 2022 second-round pick that could turn into a first, league sources tell @mortreport and me."
- Adam Schefter

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1362442800344752141?s=20

EC8CH
02-18-2021, 03:53 PM
Finally...... Wentz traded to the Colts!!

"Philadelphia has agreed to trade Carson Wentz to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for a 2021 third-round pick and a conditional 2022 second-round pick that could turn into a first, league sources tell @mortreport and me."
- Adam Schefter

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1362442800344752141?s=20

Couldn't be happier.

bisoningrandforks
02-18-2021, 03:57 PM
[QUOTE=EC8CH;1476938]Couldn't be happier.[/QUOTE

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WeAreThePride
02-18-2021, 04:03 PM
Fuck yeah!

This is the best trade I can imagine.

NDSUstudent
02-18-2021, 04:06 PM
Finally Wentz is out of that dump.

Professor Chaos
02-18-2021, 04:06 PM
NOICE!

I believe the AFC South will play the NFC East in 2022. Bring it on!

BisonTru
02-18-2021, 04:11 PM
If Carson Wentz’s playtime is at or above 75% next season, the conditional 2022 second-round pick would become a first-round pick, per sources. The second-round pick also.could become a first if Wentz plays at least 70 percent of the plays and the Colts go to the playoffs. - Adam Schefter

Bison 4 Life
02-18-2021, 04:11 PM
Will he be able to convince a rookie WR to give up #11?

NDSUBowler
02-18-2021, 04:13 PM
I could not love this any more!

I can finally never root for Philly again. I can now pretend to be a Colts fan!

(if Philly drafts Lance I will be physically ill)

pucknut9
02-18-2021, 04:15 PM
I’m doing the happy dance baby. Yes!!!!!

SDbison
02-18-2021, 04:17 PM
Happy for Carson! He has an awesome offensive line at Indy. Also, he is back with Frank Reich who knows best how to utilize him. Now to go win a superbowl and prove the naysayers wrong.

BisonTru
02-18-2021, 04:17 PM
Will he be able to convince a rookie WR to give up #11?

He gets paid 10 million on March 19th. I think he'll be able to make a deal. Pittman was 6 in college so I doubt he's really attached.

Professor Chaos
02-18-2021, 04:18 PM
The only downside is he's going to have to play until he's about 50 to break the franchise passing records.

BisonTru
02-18-2021, 04:27 PM
The only downside is he's going to have to play until he's about 50 to break the franchise passing records.

Well, he has the single season record for both passing yards and TDs in Philly. Two different seasons he got each of those too. And I don't see Hurts breaking either.

heffray
02-18-2021, 04:28 PM
Yessss! Fuck Philly. Fuck da Bears.

Professor Chaos
02-18-2021, 04:29 PM
Well, he has the single season record for both passing yards and TDs in Philly. Two different seasons he got each of those too. And I don't see Hurts breaking either.
Franchise career passing records I should've said. ;)

It'll also be nice to see him behind a real NFL o-line again. Haven't seen that since 2017 or so.

Bison03
02-18-2021, 04:31 PM
As a Bears fan, I was getting excited about the possibility of Wentz going to Chicago. But this is definitely a better place for him. Reich and a better o line, and the fact that Chicago doesn’t know how to do quarterbacks! Ha! Best of luck Carson in Indy!!

bisoningrandforks
02-18-2021, 04:31 PM
remember guys the hell with passing records.....RUN the dam ball more then play action will have great results..................I hope!

EC8CH
02-18-2021, 04:35 PM
What's EDP gotta say about this?

JMB
02-18-2021, 04:36 PM
Actually it seems to be a fairly decent deal for the Colts. A 3rd rounder with a 2nd that could turn into a 1st rounder next year?

oldmantutters
02-18-2021, 04:37 PM
The Colts gave up very little so they should be able to keep some pieces around him. Fuck the Eagles! Trash fucking organization.

Professor Chaos
02-18-2021, 04:40 PM
Actually it seems to be a fairly decent deal for the Colts. A 3rd rounder with a 2nd that could turn into a 1st rounder next year?
Yeah, I think the Eagles hurt themselves by trying to sit back and let the bidding war escalate. It was reported earlier that Indy had offered two 2nd rounders and that Chicago's offer was better than that. This seems to be pretty equal to the two 2nd rounders haul and maybe even slightly worse since they have to rely on Wentz winning the starting job and staying healthy in order to get it escalated to a 1st rounder. I would guess Chicago was offering a guaranteed 1st rounder and then some. Wonder if they just told Philly to eff off so they had to settle for what the Colts were offering???

BisonTru
02-18-2021, 04:41 PM
Franchise career passing records I should've said. ;)

It'll also be nice to see him behind a real NFL o-line again. Haven't seen that since 2017 or so.

Yeah, they do need a LT tho, but got a first round pick and still even after Wentz's 25 mil they have plenty of cap space.

I'm most excited to see him with some competent WRs. The colts got a couple youngins, a little yet TBD how good they become. But it's been a long damn time since I seen a WR get open in Philly.

BisonTru
02-18-2021, 04:43 PM

I'd almost call it a conditional first as 75% of snaps next year seems like the much more likely outcome.

JMB
02-18-2021, 04:44 PM
Yeah, I think the Eagles hurt themselves by trying to sit back and let the bidding war escalate. It was reported earlier that Indy had offered 2 rounders and that Chicago's offer was better than that. This seems to be pretty equal to the two 2nd rounders haul and maybe even slightly worse since they have to rely on Wentz winning the starting job and staying healthy in order to get it escalated to a 1st rounder. I would guess Chicago was offering a guaranteed 1st rounder and then some. Wonder if they just told Philly to eff off so they had to settle for what the Colts were offering???

I am no Philly fan, but they were stuck in a really weird QB market this year. Some decent kids coming in and some big time movement of veterans. In some ways the market was saturated. Plus Wentz is an unknown commodity at this point, he has to prove he can figure out his game.

JMB
02-18-2021, 04:47 PM
I'd almost call it a conditional first as 75% of snaps next year seems like the much more likely outcome.

I don't disagree, I don't think its a real big hurdle to jump... Unless he gets hurt. In any case they have a 2nd rounder in hand right now.

Bisonator98
02-18-2021, 04:47 PM
This is a great deal for Carson and Indy. Now he needs to get to work on his mechanics. I hope he works with a QB guru again this offseason.

heffray
02-18-2021, 04:48 PM
Yeah, they do need a LT tho, but got a first round pick and still even after Wentz's 25 mil they have plenty of cap space.

I'm most excited to see him with some competent WRs. The colts got a couple youngins, a little yet TBD how good they become. But it's been a long damn time since I seen a WR get open in Philly.

I hear there’ll be a pretty good LT available around that pick...

TAILG8R
02-18-2021, 04:48 PM
I've always liked the Colts. Can't say I'm a "fan" as I don't follow them specifically or go out of my way to watch but ever since I was young and the Colts were the Browns of the league(at a time when the Browns were actually almost good) I rooted for them as the underdog. Basically they never did anything to make me hate them so I felt bad for them and started liking them.

EC8CH
02-18-2021, 04:49 PM
I hear there’ll be a pretty good LT available around that pick...

Do it!

If they do Lakes will get a colts tramp stamp.

heffray
02-18-2021, 04:50 PM
Do it!

I’ll sign that petition.

Kevin
02-18-2021, 04:50 PM
Colts gave up 19 sacks last year with the statue of Rivers in the backfield.

Eagles gave up 60+ with Wentz eating 50 of them.

This is as good of a situation as Carson could have hoped for.

GradBison
02-18-2021, 04:52 PM
Yay!
Anyone got good twitter follows for the Colts? Looking forward to dump the Philadelphia media.

NDSUSR
02-18-2021, 04:53 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POC8KixYVd4

EC8CH
02-18-2021, 04:53 PM
Colts gave up 19 sacks last year with the statue of Rivers in the backfield.

Eagles gave up 60+ with Wentz eating 50 of them.

This is as good of a situation as Carson could have hoped for.

Pretty sure Jason Peters was responsible for 74 of those sacks including a couple for the Colts.

Kevin
02-18-2021, 04:54 PM
Do it!

So what's he going to do with his other trump stamp? over the top or laser removal?

BisonTru
02-18-2021, 04:58 PM
I am no Philly fan, but they were stuck in a really weird QB market this year. Some decent kids coming in and some big time movement of veterans. In some ways the market was saturated. Plus Wentz is an unknown commodity at this point, he has to prove he can figure out his game.

I think it's quite telling that the two major teams after Wentz had former QB/Offensive coaches that had experience with Wentz. It kinda even helped Philly these guys had got sucked away and were on teams that needed a QB.

If you watch the tape from 2020, let's be honest, it's bad. But for those that know what Wentz is behind the scenes, it's a lot easier to look at that season as a fluke.

heffray
02-18-2021, 04:59 PM
So what's he going to do with his other trump stamp? over the top or laser removal?

Lakes having a tattoo of Trump on his lower back is an image I’ll never get over...

But also, the Colts logo can go around any existing tramp stamp. #protip

BisonTru
02-18-2021, 05:01 PM
Yay!
Anyone got good twitter follows for the Colts? Looking forward to dump the Philadelphia media.

Pat McAFee.

He's quite mixed on Wentz. Actually was quite opposed to him a few weeks ago, but he's entertaining.

EC8CH
02-18-2021, 05:04 PM
Pat McAFee.

He's quite mixed on Wentz. Actually was quite opposed to him a few weeks ago, but he's entertaining.

McAfee picked the bunnies.

#NeverForget

TAILG8R
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POC8KixYVd4

That whole clip I was waiting for him to pan down and show that he was wearing a Colts shirt, lol.

BisonTru
Also interesting note, it's rumored that after 2016, Pederson and Howie were contemplating getting rid of Reich and Wentz went to bat for him to keep him aboard. Which subsequently led to 2017 and Reich getting a HC job in 18.

It may work out that Wentz helped save Reich's career and then Reich helped save Wentz's career.

heffray
02-18-2021, 05:05 PM

#NeverForget

He had to, it was the novelty of it. I don’t blame him. He’s good shit.

pucknut9
02-18-2021, 05:48 PM
Feel bad for this dude
https://twitter.com/realsjsgiovanni/status/1362451697084362755?s=21

Professor Chaos
02-18-2021, 06:16 PM
Feel bad for this dude
Mature beyond his years... I'm sure that video will get to Carson and they'll stay in touch.

wagsabison
02-18-2021, 06:21 PM
Looking forward to a fresh start for Carson. Philly just seemed toxic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bisonator98
Feel bad for this dude

I'm sure Carson will reach out to him, he usually does. Kid's an inspiration!

NDSUSR
Feel bad for this dude

Yeah, he seems like a really good kid.
Oddly enough I am starting to feel bad for Jalen Hurts now too.

Kevin
02-18-2021, 06:34 PM

#NeverForget

He was playing the white meat babyface vs. the heels on that show. He had to pick the rabbits it was his role. You wouldn't understand.

Actually, maybe your complete lack of understanding of professional wrestling is what makes you take Trump so seriously.

Kevin
02-18-2021, 06:35 PM
Yeah, he seems like a really good kid.
Oddly enough I am starting to feel bad for Jalen Hurts now too.

Jalen hurts isn't playing by week 4 next year. Eagles are drafting a QB.

Thankfully the Wentz experiment will probably steer them clear of Lance.

CalBison97
02-18-2021, 06:47 PM

I bet EDP goes to Indy with us!

runtheoption
02-18-2021, 06:48 PM
I am happy for Carson to get out of Philly. I am not a Vikings fan, but those videos of how the Vikings fans were treated in Philly are sickening. I've gotten some harsh words thrown my way while wearing a Bears jersey at a Vikings-Bears game in Minneapolis, but nothing like what those Philly fans were doing.

PhuckPhilly

BisonTru
02-18-2021, 07:32 PM
Jalen hurts isn't playing by week 4 next year. Eagles are drafting a QB.

Thankfully the Wentz experiment will probably steer them clear of Lance.

I think the Eagles are incredibly dumb to have given up on Wentz in favor of Hurts. But you either have 1 quarterback or you have none. Hurts needs to be given next year imo. Drafting another QB would be a mistake and another QB controversy. And they are at best getting the QB3 in the draft.

Go all in on Hurts. If he balls out you got your guy. If not youre drafting high and you blow the whole thing up again. JMO.

HerdThat!
02-18-2021, 07:51 PM
As a Colts fan......

LETS FUCKIN GOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
and to all the Wentz haters, come back here at the wrap of next season - and one of us will get reminded who was wrong - I am not guaranteeing a Super Bowl (yet), but Indy just improved, and Wentz will have his best season yet - even better than his MVP caliber year.

Jerseys orders can take place March 17 btw

heffray
02-18-2021, 08:11 PM
I have given out too much rep today you fuckers.

NDSU92
02-18-2021, 08:12 PM
I think the Eagles are incredibly dumb to have given up on Wentz in favor of Hurts. But you either have 1 quarterback or you have none. Hurts needs to be given next year imo. Drafting another QB would be a mistake and another QB controversy. And they are at best getting the QB3 in the draft.

Go all in on Hurts. If he balls out you got your guy. If not youre drafting high and you blow the whole thing up again. JMO.

Roseman always said the key to winning a super bowl is to have a starting QB on a rookie contract. Always kept that in the back of my mind to remember when it was time to pay Carson. I think he tried screwing Carson over a year earlier and it backfired when they made the playoffs last year. Then they drafted Hurts as a guy to start the QB controversy when things went downhill and he’ll be their QB for a couple more years as they rebuild.

There is no way on God’s green earth that the Philly front office was trying to support Carson with their moves the last two years. Greg Ward wouldn’t cut it on half the league’s practice squads.

stevdock
02-18-2021, 08:23 PM
As a Colts fan......

LETS FUCKIN GOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
and to all the Wentz haters, come back here at the wrap of next season - and one of us will get reminded who was wrong - I am not guaranteeing a Super Bowl (yet), but Indy just improved, and Wentz will have his best season yet - even better than his MVP caliber year.

Jerseys orders can take place March 17 btw

I have to wait until March 17th?? Man let's go already.

How about they bring back Haeg and then draft Radunz ;)