PDA

View Full Version : National Championship

garbageman
01-04-2021, 01:58 PM
probabally been posted but when is the national championship in May?

GreenfieldBison
01-04-2021, 02:15 PM
probabally been posted but when is the national championship in May?

According to Toyota Stadium web site it will still be played this Saturday, time TBD. https://www.eventticketscenter.com/ncaa-division-i-fcs-championship-frisco-01-09-2021/4489664/t

But there is this from the NCAA: https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2020-09-16/di-council-approves-playing-and-practice-changes-fcs-championship

and this little video: https://www.ncaa.com/video/football/2020-11-12/where-fcs-football-season-stands-right-now

Professor Chaos
01-04-2021, 03:00 PM
After watching the fall season play out in the FBS I really think the MVFC made a mistake not giving some buffer for postponed games. With no breaks for anyone in the 4 week/16 team playoff it would've made a ton of sense to either reduce the conference season to 6 or 7 games or move everything up a week from where it's currently schedule and give everyone a bye that weekend of April 10 to either have a spot to move a rescheduled game to or to give a chance for some rest before the playoffs.

Bison 4 Life
01-04-2021, 03:14 PM
Did they sell tickets already? I never heard anything. How is anything for sale?

NDSU92
01-04-2021, 04:17 PM
After watching the fall season play out in the FBS I really think the MVFC made a mistake not giving some buffer for postponed games. With no breaks for anyone in the 4 week/16 team playoff it would've made a ton of sense to either reduce the conference season to 6 or 7 games or move everything up a week from where it's currently schedule and give everyone a bye that weekend of April 10 to either have a spot to move a rescheduled game to or to give a chance for some rest before the playoffs.

Thought the same thing up until this weekend. The problem with scheduling 6 games is if you miss two you end up with four. I think we’ll end up playing 6 or so games anyways. Plans don’t matter, let the COVID decide when we get our breaks.

heffray
01-04-2021, 04:47 PM
Thought the same thing up until this weekend. The problem with scheduling 6 games is if you miss two you end up with four. I think we’ll end up playing 6 or so games anyways. Plans don’t matter, let the COVID decide when we get our breaks.

I am hoping the players and coaches take the COVID protocols seriously, not just for safety necessarily, but because it could affect outcomes of the games and potential cancellations. I wonder if they will be able to get vaccinations by then...

Professor Chaos
01-04-2021, 04:57 PM
I am hoping the players and coaches take the COVID protocols seriously, not just for safety necessarily, but because it could affect outcomes of the games and potential cancellations. I wonder if they will be able to get vaccinations by then...
I'd doubt it. Unless any of them have underlying conditions they'd be outside of the ~475K North Dakotans that the DOH has designated in the Phase 1 priority groups... maybe by the playoffs but even that is pushing it I'd think.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EqmaCijXAAAdxcT?format=jpg&name=medium

El_Chapo
01-04-2021, 05:16 PM

90% of the players already got Covid, most of them last summer so they wouldn't catch it durin the fall.

THEsocalledfan
01-04-2021, 05:42 PM
Folks, if college's can't allow attendance, zero percent chance the season happens. They'll use the too many games in 2021 excuse.......

I'll believe the spring season happens only after an opening kickoff is in the air.

EC8CH
01-04-2021, 05:45 PM
Folks, if college's can't allow attendance, zero percent chance the season happens. They'll us the too many games in 2021 excuse.......

I'll believe the spring season happens only after an opening kickoff actually happens.

This is a good prediction.

GreenfieldBison
01-04-2021, 05:58 PM
90% of the players already got Covid, most of them last summer so they wouldn't catch it durin the fall.

Does not necessarily mean they cannot be reinfected.

HerdThat!
01-04-2021, 06:02 PM
Who’s all making the trek down anyway to keep tradition alive: travel stops, eateries, bar tabs, etc

Personal tradition is to take a Bison themed poster or ad from one the many Bison establishments upon arrival, and put in on my hotel room door for other teams fans to see each time they walk down the hallway in whatever hotel I’m staying at.

Hammerhead
01-04-2021, 07:17 PM
Who’s all making the trek down anyway to keep tradition alive: travel stops, eateries, bar tabs, etc

Personal tradition is to take a Bison themed poster or ad from one the many Bison establishments upon arrival, and put in on my hotel room door for other teams fans to see each time they walk down the hallway in whatever hotel I’m staying at.

If the Bison are in the championship, we hope to be there. We are planning to visit the Rio Grande Valley sometime this year since we had to miss my father-in-law's 80th birthday last fall.

southcliffbison
01-04-2021, 09:44 PM

I am. Gotta keep the streak alive (8 times and counting). If I decide to drive this time, at least the weather on the drive home will be a non factor.

Hammerhead
01-05-2021, 01:23 PM
I am. Gotta keep the streak alive (8 times and counting). If I decide to drive this time, at least the weather on the drive home will be a non factor.

Our last trip to Texas was around Memorial Day a few years ago and we had to pull off the highway three times during torrential downpours in Texas. We were on state highways where we could just pull into a parking lot and wait for the thunderstorms to blow through which only took about 10 minutes each time.

MankatoBison
01-05-2021, 01:27 PM
I think SDSU could be really good this year. J'Bore Gibbs could be pretty good based off the 1-2 drives he had agains us in Brookings last year. and their defense was legit. losing rozeboom will hurt but they could be legit

Bison 4 Life
01-05-2021, 02:10 PM
I think SDSU could be really good this year. J'Bore Gibbs could be pretty good based off the 1-2 drives he had agains us in Brookings last year. and their defense was legit. losing rozeboom will hurt but they could be legit

Cade Johnson gone too. Hard to replace.

MankatoBison
01-05-2021, 02:30 PM
Cade Johnson gone too. Hard to replace.

Oh yeah forgot about that! They still have pierre strong whos a total beast

southcliffbison
01-05-2021, 03:35 PM
Our last trip to Texas was around Memorial Day a few years ago and we had to pull off the highway three times during torrential downpours in Texas. We were on state highways where we could just pull into a parking lot and wait for the thunderstorms to blow through which only took about 10 minutes each time.

I was thinking more on the lines of snow storms thru Kansas, Nebraska, and South Dakota. Rain...…... I can handle.