PDA

View Full Version : Countdown to YSU, Feb 21, 2021

heffray
01-04-2021, 12:07 AM
Exactly 7 weeks from today, NDSU hosts YSU in the Fargodome for a Sunday game.

Hopefully the game happens. I can’t wait!

Kevin
01-04-2021, 12:12 AM
Zeb throws no less than 8 td’s in this game.

MinotBison
01-04-2021, 12:49 AM
Zeb throws no less than 8 td’s in this game.

How many yards rushing do we get on top of that?:pan:

MankatoBison
01-04-2021, 01:17 AM
Wow... i dont want to put the cart in front of the horse here, but I think this game might actually happen lol.... I feel like we would hear more chatter right now if more schools were planning on cancelling their seasons.

Bison by 12,0000pts

NovaBison
01-04-2021, 01:33 AM
It's 2021... time for the Bison to unleash their rage on these teams that wussed out this fall -- give the rest of the FCS the "Tommy Treatment" (the way St. Thomas treated the rest of the MIAC), and run up the scores on all these teams! Let's get kicked out of the FCS!!!!!!!

I heard Jeff Culhane on 1660 say something pretty spot on from last Thursday's (I think) show: We should never allow the "have nots" decide the direction of the FCS... if they choose to not play fine, but don't stop the teams that want to play! (No more 50% of the conferences BS!)

Time to make them PAY!!!!!

23Bison
01-04-2021, 01:57 AM
It's 2021... time for the Bison to unleash their rage on these teams that wussed out this fall -- give the rest of the FCS the "Tommy Treatment" (the way St. Thomas treated the rest of the MIAC), and run up the scores on all these teams! Let's get kicked out of the FCS!!!!!!!

I heard Jeff Culhane on 1660 say something pretty spot on from last Thursday's (I think) show: We should never allow the "have nots" decide the direction of the FCS... if they choose to not play fine, but don't stop the teams that want to play! (No more 50% of the conferences BS!)

Absolutely this! It’s time to make THE statement that NDSU does not belong in the FCS. Don’t hold back. Foot on throat.

NDSU92
01-04-2021, 02:21 AM
I agree, if these games aren’t going to happen I think we would be hearing more rumblings. That being said, would bet money that many ADs were saying “let’s wait to the new year and see”. I think if this spring season caves we would have to start hearing about it this week.

NovaBison
01-04-2021, 02:35 AM
I agree, if these games aren’t going to happen I think we would be hearing more rumblings. That being said, would bet money that many ADs were saying “let’s wait to the new year and see”. I think if this spring season caves we would have to start hearing about it this week.

No more 50% Rule! If they don't want to play, it's time for them to transition to D2... seriously, most of them belong there anyway

Hammerhead
01-04-2021, 03:43 AM

I doubt any AD is going to cancel games or even talk about scrapping the season this far in advance since things could be be better or or worse in a few weeks.

NDSU92
01-04-2021, 03:57 AM
I doubt any AD is going to cancel games or even talk about scrapping the season this far in advance since things could be be better or or worse in a few weeks.

What is going to happen in two weeks that is going to change? There is still going to be a lot of cases and there still won’t be widely available vaccines for the general public.

Fortunately or unfortunately I think the decision to play has already been made by most ADs at this point. Those who want to play will play as we’ve seen hundreds of sport leagues around the world be able to pull off seasons. What I’m trying to say is that there are very likely ADs out there that have already made the decision that they can’t afford the spring season due to increased costs and decreased revenue. They originally would’ve agreed to a spring season to defer the fan/player/donor heartburn, but I think the turn of the new year and start of the spring semester is one of their last chances to shut it down before practices get going full bore.

bajadanny
01-04-2021, 10:06 AM

NDSU should have just finished playing

oldmantutters
01-04-2021, 12:34 PM
NDSU should have just finished playingI think it wouldn't actually been this coming Saturday

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Mr Meaty
01-04-2021, 01:01 PM
What is going to happen in two weeks that is going to change? There is still going to be a lot of cases and there still won’t be widely available vaccines for the general public.

Fortunately or unfortunately I think the decision to play has already been made by most ADs at this point. Those who want to play will play as we’ve seen hundreds of sport leagues around the world be able to pull off seasons. What I’m trying to say is that there are very likely ADs out there that have already made the decision that they can’t afford the spring season due to increased costs and decreased revenue. They originally would’ve agreed to a spring season to defer the fan/player/donor heartburn, but I think the turn of the new year and start of the spring semester is one of their last chances to shut it down before practices get going full bore.

They are pumping up the post Christmas and New Years surge. So we will see it that happens. Time for all this crap to be over with.

southcliffbison
01-04-2021, 02:46 PM

I heard Jeff Culhane on 1660 say something pretty spot on from last Thursday's (I think) show: We should never allow the "have nots" decide the direction of the FCS... if they choose to not play fine, but don't stop the teams that want to play! (No more 50% of the conferences BS

Totally agree !!! Let's get booted from FCS football. It's like dancing with your sister at the Junior Prom or getting kicked out of a skuzzy beer joint or bar. Big deal! I mean who hasn't had that happen to him...……………..actually, from my experience, it's kinda fun...…...

HerdBot
01-04-2021, 04:56 PM
Hopefully people can be careful and try to get the virus numbers down, so we can actually go to the game. Need to get down to the green level for a full Fargodome or yellow for a half full dome

1978Bison
01-05-2021, 04:56 PM
Game might happen, but we’ll probably be watching on ND NBC Bison network.;)

Bison03
01-05-2021, 06:34 PM
NDSU just announced today that they can have 50% capacity at venues meaning 2,800 for basketball and wrestling. I would assume that applies for football and could have 9,500 at the dome. Hopefully the covid numbers continue to improve and maybe even more allowed by next months game.

https://gobison.com/news/2021/1/5/general-updated-capacity-and-ticket-information-for-ndsu-athletics-events.aspx?fbclid=IwAR0yxYgqPbwry9e0pG-vW8XsXxQicHST9N2b6bop0C9CmSc7X8r61iNftlw

abc123
01-05-2021, 07:05 PM
NDSU just announced today that they can have 50% capacity at venues meaning 2,800 for basketball and wrestling. I would assume that applies for football and could have 9,500 at the dome. Hopefully the covid numbers continue to improve and maybe even more allowed by next months game.

https://gobison.com/news/2021/1/5/general-updated-capacity-and-ticket-information-for-ndsu-athletics-events.aspx?fbclid=IwAR0yxYgqPbwry9e0pG-vW8XsXxQicHST9N2b6bop0C9CmSc7X8r61iNftlw

Max is 50% of venue capacity with a cap of 5,000 under the Yellow level and 75% of venue capacity with a cap of 7,500 if/when risk level moves to green.
So Fargodome would be at the cap amount of 5,000 under the current guidelines. Unless the risk level somehow gets to Blue/New Normal, there won't be more than 7,500 in the Fargodome for football this year.

ND Smart Restart Large Gathering Guidelines (https://ndresponse.gov/sites/www/files/documents/covid-19/ND%20Smart%20Restart/NDSmartRestart-LargeGatheringTieredCapacityDoc.pdf)

Bison 4 Life
01-05-2021, 07:09 PM
Max is 50% of venue capacity with a cap of 5,000 under the Yellow level and 75% of venue capacity with a cap of 7,500 if/when risk level moves to green.
So Fargodome would be at the cap amount of 5,000 under the current guidelines. Unless the risk level somehow gets to Blue/New Normal, there won't be more than 7,500 in the Fargodome for football this year.

ND Smart Restart Large Gathering Guidelines (https://ndresponse.gov/sites/www/files/documents/covid-19/ND%20Smart%20Restart/NDSmartRestart-LargeGatheringTieredCapacityDoc.pdf)

It would be like the Alerus during a sellout!

heffray
01-05-2021, 07:20 PM

If I could rep this more I would.

Bison03
01-05-2021, 07:22 PM
Thanks for clarifying. 7,500 would still be better than nothing. Optimistically thinking that if 7,500 were allowed inside, then they would allow that outside for tailgating.

abc123
01-05-2021, 08:20 PM

And the SHAC can remove every other row so people actually fit comfortably.
Looks like wins all-around!

Bison Dan
01-05-2021, 08:31 PM

Trying to talk smack with a empty gun. UND sports with the exception of Hockey is terrible. I don't mean just a couple of sports but all of them. You can't name one that is good.

TAILG8R
01-05-2021, 08:43 PM
Trying to talk smack with a empty gun. UND sports with the exception of Hockey is terrible. I don't mean just a couple of sports but all of them. You can't name one that is good.

Honestly, can anyone say teh hockies are good at this point?

Their last championship was in 2016 against something called Quinnipiac and you have to go back 20 years for the one before that. Is it really that hard to win it all once every 10 years or so when there are 50 teams playing and 30% of them make the playoffs every year?

Bison 4 Life
01-05-2021, 10:30 PM

My ex girlfriend and her whole family were super UND fans, only cared about hockey. It was hilarious. She even bought a couple of NDSU shirts to wear to football games.

heffray
01-05-2021, 11:46 PM

At least we have enough people wanting to attend our games for that to be a problem.

heffray
01-05-2021, 11:48 PM
Honestly, can anyone say teh hockies are good at this point?

Their last championship was in 2016 against something called Quinnipiac and you have to go back 20 years for the one before that. Is it really that hard to win it all once every 10 years or so when there are 50 teams playing and 30% of them make the playoffs every year?

Don’t you remember how they claimed the National Championship last year even though the season was cancelled? I hear they’re going to even hang a banner...

They’ll do anything to try and be relevant. Pathetic idiots.

NovaBison
01-06-2021, 12:00 AM
Don’t you remember how they claimed the National Championship last year even though the season was cancelled? I hear they’re going to even hang a banner...

They’ll do anything to try and be relevant. Pathetic idiots.

When everything was cancelled last March, NDSU was in a 3-way tie for #1 in the Capitol One Cup standings -- if UND claims a Hockey Natty... NDSU should claim a Capital One Cup

Bison03
01-08-2021, 04:56 PM
According to Craig Haley on Twitter, the National Championship game in Frisco will be on Sunday, May 16th. Well, let’s start on a Sunday and end on a Sunday!!

oldmantutters
01-08-2021, 06:47 PM
Everyone of the Bison can claim to have played on Sundays...as long as the season happens

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

El_Chapo
02-08-2021, 12:43 PM
YSU fans chiming in....lol. this isnt satire but should be

YSU fans. The best thing that you can do is express you anger for having full contact sport season this late in the year & ask them to cancel. Also, NDSU has an indoor stadium & not that large, are you not more concerned about the virus with that number people "supposedly" going to attend? I thought the max was 20% of capacity with a 6' gap between sections

BisonNeil
02-14-2021, 06:20 PM
I have two YSU tickets available in addition to the other home games as well. Section 3 seventh row up behind the OL/TE. Face value. PM me if interested.

Bison 4 Life
02-15-2021, 02:56 PM
Where is the game week thread? Bisonville needs to talk about some actual football.

EC8CH
02-15-2021, 02:59 PM
Where is the game week thread? Bisonville needs to talk about some actual football.

Need to gradually increase our intake. We are the equivalent to starving concentration camp inmates at this point.

heffray
02-15-2021, 04:21 PM
Need to gradually increase our intake. We are the equivalent to starving concentration camp inmates at this point.

Lol, I do think there’s a game week thread.