PDA

View Full Version : Spring Football

SDbison
03-10-2005, 05:49 AM
Kind of quiet on the message board lately, but I am already fired up for next football season. Look forward to tailgating with Bisonfan1 at the battlewagon before the spring game on April 23. Does anyone know when spring practice starts? Who is planning on going to the spring game? Anyone plan on tailgating? I wish Bison Insider was back on line. I would like to have a complete depth chart to review including the new recruits. I started to work on my own version but got only half done. Also hope coach Bohl fills out the schedule with IAA games before the start of spring practice.

KTF
03-10-2005, 01:21 PM
I can not make the spring game this year! First one in a long time that I have to miss :( I too would like to see BI back online, however a previous post said that they are redoing the website. Having built one before I understand that they take a ton of time to redo.

IF you could put up your "half" completed report that would be better than nothing!!! :)

mikelsch
03-10-2005, 03:55 PM
Spring practice starts on March 30

Bisonfan1
03-25-2005, 05:13 PM
AH, 5 days to Spring Practice, I wonder if GOBISON is going to put out a practice schedule like they did last year. I have never been to a practice and would like to attend just to see what it is all about. I am assuming there is no problem with standing outside the fence looking in on practice is there?

Bisonguy
03-25-2005, 07:32 PM
AH, 5 days to Spring Practice, I wonder if GOBISON is going to put out a practice schedule like they did last year. I have never been to a practice and would like to attend just to see what it is all about. I am assuming there is no problem with standing outside the fence looking in on practice is there?

I don't know if one of the regular practices will be very exciting. One of the two scrimmages might be pretty good. I've gone to a scrimmage the last couple years on the practice fields, and you can stand near the sidelines. You might have to stand back about ten yards, as there are student-athletes and coaches on both sidelines, but you get a pretty good vantage point. It's not quite like the Spring Game- they do a lot of "situational" types of things. Run a few series, then all of a sudden they move the ball to the one yard line and punt to simulate being pinned deep and having to punt out of the endzone, etc.

Only 29 days until the Spring Game!

I'll be there. Don't know what I'll be doing for pregame, though. I've gone to the charity dinner and enjoyed that in years past (mucho awesome food for only $10, and speeches from the coaches, Phil Hansen breaking plastic forks, etc.), but I want to get in early so I can get a front row seat and try out my new camera. Probably need to get in the FFD around noon.

How early are you guys tailgating?

JBB
03-25-2005, 10:00 PM
Im tailgating right now Bisonguy! ;)

bisondad
03-25-2005, 10:36 PM
I'll be tailgating myself in about 45 minutes. Cold beer and brats on the grill. Just have to pretend it's football time. Maybe we'll put in the tape of the northern colorado game that was on tv. (on second thought, maybe not that game) Can't wait for spring ball!!!!

Bisondad

TheBisonator
03-26-2005, 04:48 AM
I hope we'll have a big crowd for the spring game on April 23, even though it's on the same day as the NFL draft. Hopefully we can fill the east stands to the brim!! We had over 1,000 last year, let's hope we can get that number to grow rapidly over the next few seasons. 8) 8) 8)

greenandgold01
03-26-2005, 02:21 PM
I hope we'll have a big crowd for the spring game on April 23, even though it's on the same day as the NFL draft. Hopefully we can fill the east stands to the brim!! We had over 1,000 last year, let's hope we can get that number to grow rapidly over the next few seasons. 8) 8) 8)

How much does it cost?

Bisonguy
03-26-2005, 02:31 PM
How much does it cost?

The game itself costs $0.

If you want to go to the dinner before the game, it's been $10 in the past. Chicken, ribs, salad, appetizers, portato, cheesecake, and a beverage- all the food is from Outback.

BisonCountry
03-29-2005, 07:42 PM
I see they bumped the price $5, but still a good deal going to a good cause:

Outback Steakhouse invites you to a pre-game Scholarship Luncheon starting at 11:30 a.m. There will be an opportunity to meet NDSU head coach Craig Bohl and hear his report on next season. The luncheon menu includes blooms, chophouse salad, ribs and chicken on the Barbie, fries and chocolate tower cake for $15 a plate with all proceeds going to the Outback Steakhouse scholarship fund.

Bisonfan1
03-30-2005, 12:25 AM
I am ALL FOR the fundraiser luncheon, however with what I spent for the Battlewagon, and what the cost is to drive 200 miles round trip with todays gas prices in the gas hog, it will be hot dogs on the grill and not chicken on the barbie for this group this year. We will probably show up a couple hours before kick-off which I am guessing is 1:00 PM?

roadwarrior
03-30-2005, 01:19 AM
Kickoff is 1pm and the game is free.

Bisonguy
03-30-2005, 02:40 AM
Here's all the info-

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=114864

Including this-

A DIFFERENT LOOK: Several North Dakota State players will get a look at different positions this spring. Mike Brower moves from halfback to linebacker, Dan Dardis goes from the offensive line to the defensive front, Symeon Cabell moves from halfback to cornerback and John Majeski goes from free safety to wide receiver.

Cabell at CB? Could be interesting..... Heard he is fast....

bisongold
03-30-2005, 01:48 PM
The Spring game is great fun and the meal is awesome! Definitely worth the price. Tail-gating sounds fun too however. I still think they should sell tail-gating spots for the season and allow campers to come in the night before the game and stay the night after if they wish. Would be great for out-of-town Bison. Make a weekend out of it! I keep hoping that if I bring this up enough times, something might get done.

sambini
03-31-2005, 02:05 AM
BISONGOLD GREAT IDEA. IV'E SEEN IT DONE AT NEBRASKA, MICHIGAN, AND ALSO BUFFALO OF THE NFL. GIVE GENE AN EMAIL ABOUT IT . GO WWW.GOBISON.COM HIS EMAIL SHOULD BE IN THE DIRECTORY. I KNOW HE ANSWERS ALL HIS EMAIL.

Bisonguy
03-31-2005, 04:31 AM
Decent spring football. features on the WDAY 6:00 and 10:00 sports today (two different versions)- http://www.wday.com/

Gamehunter
03-31-2005, 04:53 AM
So how full does the Fargodome parking lot get for football games? As strange as this may seem, I have never seen it. I am always at the games before most people, and leave after most also. So I really don't have an idea.

JBB
03-31-2005, 12:32 PM
for an average crowd its 2/3 full. The adult tailgating area was full the times I was there. It was more than full for Valpo.

BisonCountry
03-31-2005, 03:01 PM
Does anyone know if JC Transfers get to participate in Spring Drills/Games? I'm interested in seeing Quickstad.

roadwarrior
03-31-2005, 04:06 PM
If they are enrolled for spring semester, they would be participating, otherwise they will see practice time in August.

Bisonguy
04-01-2005, 04:27 AM
Spring ball feature tonight from WDAY 10:00 news on LB's Maresh and Compton

Bison_Dan
04-01-2005, 01:18 PM
Spring ball feature tonight from WDAY 10:00 news on LB's Maresh and Compton

I missed it what did they say?

Bisonguy
04-01-2005, 08:12 PM
I missed it what did they say?

You can still see the video on the website until 10:00 tonight.

Basically stated that there's some "highly-touted" recruits that now have the chance to prove their worth this year, especially at LB.

Hallstrom also had a comment at the end of sports about how he has noticed a difference in the recruits since NDSU has moved to DI. No longer are they skinny recruits that need to fill out for a year or two to be ready to play. He said the new guys are just as big as what the Jr.'s and Sr.'s are, and ready to go.

Bison_Dan
04-01-2005, 08:40 PM
You can still see the video on the website until 10:00 tonight.

Basically stated that there's some "highly-touted" recruits that now have the chance to prove their worth this year, especially at LB.

Hallstrom also had a comment at the end of sports about how he has noticed a difference in the recruits since NDSU has moved to DI. No longer are they skinny recruits that need to fill out for a year or two to be ready to play. He said the new guys are just as big as what the Jr.'s and Sr.'s are, and ready to go.

That's good news - Thanks

Bisonguy
04-06-2005, 12:33 AM
Tuesday WDAY Spring Ball coverage-

6:00 sports- Coach Bohl talks about how the defense needs to be more physical and less tentative.

10:00 sports- Feature on some of the youngins trying to get some playing time at corner.

Of course, the 6:00 WDAY news is already over, so it should be archived for viewing at http://www.wday.com/ and the 10:00 sports is still almost four hours away, so watch it live or watch both the archives after 10:30 PM.

tony
04-06-2005, 03:53 PM
From the WDAY story: the two guys they talked about trying to earn spots as corners were Symeon Cabell and David Earl.

Bobby Babich, Scott Walter, and Ryan Olson were mentioned as the front-runners.

Bison53
04-06-2005, 04:59 PM
Is there a way to just watch the sports and not the whole half hour of WDAY News?

tony
04-06-2005, 05:12 PM
I suppose it depends on what software you are using to watch the news online.

Most media players have a horizontal "slider" control that allows you to move to any spot in the broadcast.

If I'm in a rush (and I usually am), I just slide 2/3 of the way and that is about where the sports starts. Most players have a fast-forward button too, so you can slide to 2/3 and then fastforward until you see the sports guy.

Bison53
04-06-2005, 05:17 PM
I'll give it a try. Thanks

Gamehunter
04-07-2005, 12:28 AM
so where do I find the archives?

Bisonguy
04-07-2005, 01:04 AM
They're only archived until the next day's newcast (of the same timeslot), so it's more of a temp archive-

http://www.wday.com/

Look on the 'news' tab, and click on the link for the 6:00 or 10:00 news. You should be able to see last night's 10:00 news until 10:00 tonight (when tonight's starts streaming)

sambini
04-07-2005, 03:28 AM
DOES ANYONE KNOW ARE THEY SCRIMAGING THIS WEEKEND?

Bisonguy
04-07-2005, 03:34 AM
DOES ANYONE KNOW ARE THEY SCRIMAGING THIS WEEKEND?

I'm guessing the saturday practice will be a scrimmage. They were last year-

Here's the practice schedule from the press release -North Dakota State Spring Football Release (3-28-05) (http://www.nmnathletics.com/pdf4/14678.pdf?SPSID=11850&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&KEY= XIWFHECCRNEJYZT.20050329154020&DB_ACCOUNT_TYPE=AGE NT&DB_MENU_ID=313&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400)

(The PDF version of the press release usually has a lot more info than the version that is posted on the GoBison site, but the PDF version is usually linked on the GoBison versions)

WORKOUT DATES: The Bison
will workout 15 times over a fourweek
period that will include a
spring game on April 23rd ... Five
of the 15 practice dates will be held
in the Fargodome ... Here is the
spring practice calendar:
------------------------------------------------------
Wed., March 30--4 p.m. (Helmets only)
Fri., April 1--4 p.m. (Helmets only)
Sat., April 2--10:30 a.m.
Sun., April 3--3:30 p.m.
Wed., April 6--4 p.m.
Fri., April 8--4 p.m.
Sat., April 9--10:30 a.m.
Sun., April 10--3:30 p.m.
Wed., April 13--4 p.m.
Fri., April 15--4 p.m.**
Sat., April 16--10:30 a.m.**
Sun., April 17--3:30 p.m.
Wed., April 20--4 p.m.**
Fri., April 22--4 p.m.** (Helmets only)
Sat., April 23--1 p.m.** (Spring Game)
**Practices held in the Fargodome
Please check with the NDSU media
relations office to confirm practice times
and sites.

Bison_Dan
04-08-2005, 02:59 PM
Anyone have a report on how spring fb is going? I wish the Forum would have more on this. :-/

greenandgold01
04-08-2005, 03:53 PM
Anyone have a report on how spring fb is going? I wish the Forum would have more on this. :-/

Maybe there will be more to report after the 1st scrimmage.

JBB
04-09-2005, 02:39 PM
Bison Insider is keeping a record of Forum articles, and there have been several this week. They also post practice schedules.

insane_ponderer
04-09-2005, 05:51 PM
heard it through the grapevine but its from two pretty reliable sources that tyler roehl broke his leg on friday and had to be taken to innovis e.r.

i heard he broke both the tibia and fibula.

Flintstone
04-09-2005, 06:03 PM
Not good. *I broke my tib & fib 2 years ago and it still gives me problems.

JBB
04-09-2005, 06:11 PM
That a season ender. how does that compare to Kyle Steffes break. I would suppose he would medical redshirt?

insane_ponderer
04-09-2005, 06:27 PM
well i guess it depends on the "cleanness" of the break and how well its set and cast and whether or not hes good about it and stays off it, but he does have a while until the season starts but i would guess that he potentially could be back for the start of the season.

somebison
04-09-2005, 06:39 PM
That a season ender. *how does that compare to Kyle Steffes break. *I would suppose he would medical redshirt?

he never took a redshirt- played as a true freshman, so he could redshirt this year even without a medical reason

GFBisonFan
04-09-2005, 07:21 PM
depends on where the break is and what they do to fix it (e.g. plateing versus casting only). Either way he may be iffy for the start of the season (which I suspect they would). He may be back, but this may be a good year to use the redshirt

greenandgold01
04-09-2005, 08:20 PM
Isn't it true that instead of casting that can use metal pins to hold the bones together?

I think I read somewhere that this allows the a player with a broken bone to move the limb fairly soon after surgery so the muscles don't atrophy as badly.

Not sure if that's applicable in this case, though.

Flintstone
04-10-2005, 01:11 AM
I had a rod inserted in my leg in the center of the bone. *It was fastened just below the knee with two screws and just above the ankle with two screws. *I broke mine on June 2nd. *They put a cast on for a week and then a walking boot with crutches for six more. *If I remember right I was in the walking boot until mid November but there were some complications such as the smaller bone healing and acting as a strut and not allowing the larger bone to heal, so I had to get a chunk of the smaller bone cut out and the bottom screws removed to allow the bone to bridge the gap caused by the break.

Having been through a similar break to what is said to have happened to Tyler, I don't think he will be able to play this year. *To answer the question of the similarity between Kyles break and Tylers break, if your leg is broken like Kyles, you can walk on it without a cast after a week or two, but not if both bones are broken like Tylers.

Flintstone
04-10-2005, 01:14 AM
Has anybody confirmed that he did break his leg? I hope its just a rumor, I was looking forward to seeing him play this year.

tophatfan
04-10-2005, 06:35 AM
Bad break for NDSU fullback, he did break it and in two places. He had surgery on sat. to place a rod in his leg.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=88463&section=Sports

tony
04-10-2005, 12:49 PM
Well, they said that Roehl should recover fully - that's the important thing.

WYOBISONMAN
04-10-2005, 02:13 PM
Best of luck on a speedy recovery......

Bisondad
04-11-2005, 02:02 AM
Anybody go to the scrimmage today? if so, how do they look?

Bisondad

sambini
04-11-2005, 04:14 AM
THEY LOOKED GOOD. RYAN PARSONS,THE YOUNG LINEBACKERS ALL LOOKED GOOD, AND THE FULLBACK IS GONNA BE GOOD. ALSO CRAIG DAHL IS A STUD ON DEFENSE.

kchats
04-11-2005, 04:38 AM
THEY LOOKED GOOD. RYAN PARSONS,THE YOUNG LINEBACKERS ALL LOOKED GOOD, AND THE FULLBACK IS GONNA BE GOOD. ALSO CRAIG DAHL IS A STUD ON DEFENSE.

How did Steve Walker look? It sounds like the competition is very good this season. If I remember correctly last year in the Green and Gold game the second team offense outplayed the first team offense. Steve Walker outplayed Tony Stauss which played out during the season. I'm looking forward to hearing and seeing the better talent on the field next season. This year will be the first year with Coach Bohl's recruits actually playing. Can't wait for September. Any news on the schedule?

Bisonguy
04-11-2005, 09:14 PM
There was a short feature on the WDAY 10:00 sports last night (once again, look at the www.wday.com site, and you can view the yesterday's 10:00 news until 10:00 tonight)-

Bohl said Parsons showed a lot of good stuff, especially foot speed. He stated that Walker has a much better understanding of the offense.

Bisonguy
04-12-2005, 11:31 PM
Feature last night on the WDAY 10:00 sports about Jangular and the fullback spot.

Feature tonight about a freshman that's turning heads during spring ball on the WDAY 6:00 sports. Tune your TV's to channel 6 or watch live (or until 6:00 PM tomorrow) on www.wday.com

kchats
04-12-2005, 11:32 PM
Feature last night on the WDAY 10:00 sports about Jangular and the fullback spot.

Feature tonight about a freshman that's turning heads during spring ball on the WDAY 6:00 sports. Tune your TV's to channel 6 or watch live (or until 6:00 PM tomorrow) on www.wday.com

If you are a Bison Zone subscriber they have the clips on Bison Zone including the Jangular clip. ;)

Bisonguy
04-12-2005, 11:41 PM
If you are a Bison Zone subscriber they have the clips on Bison Zone including the Jangular clip. ;)

8) 8) Now I can watch them after I see them on TV. ;D

Gamehunter
04-13-2005, 12:45 AM
guys, its Jangula

there is no "r" at the end.

Gamehunter
04-13-2005, 01:04 AM
Ok, were in the broadcast is the Football!!!! Before or after the FM Jets and the archer? I can't find it. LOL

Gamehunter
04-13-2005, 01:14 AM
ok, nevermind, finally found it. To much damn advertisements >:(

DIBISON
04-14-2005, 12:52 AM
Report tonight on WDAY6 Sports on Shamon Washington. Perles said he is the "slasher" and that they got to find more ways to get the ball to him. He is 100% over his knee injury.

greenandgold01
04-14-2005, 12:58 AM
We could have a running back by committee this year with Washington, Moore, Steffes, and Chapman.

Tatanka
04-14-2005, 02:26 AM
As long as the line and the fullback hold up, we could be absolutely deadly on the ground (again!!!) Unfortunately, those are some of our biggest question marks at this point...

Bisonguy
04-14-2005, 02:33 AM
As long as the line and the fullback hold up, we could be absolutely deadly on the ground (again!!!) *Unfortunately, those are some of our biggest question marks at this point...

I think the air assault might be just as deadly as the ground assault this year.

If Parsons gets a good enough understanding of the offense to get in on a few series in a game, it could be a *cough*triple-option *cough* assault.

Gamehunter
04-14-2005, 02:49 AM
My only concern is the line. It is definately not going to be as good as last year, but that is ok. Last year's line was TOUGH.

Air assault for sure. With the quarterback talent that can only get better from here, and a whole host of talented recievers to throw to, the option is certainly there.

As for the defense that is to try and stop it, I don't know where in the world (as a coach) you would focus your attention. Maybe try and bring extra pressure early and hope for the best.

greenandgold01
04-14-2005, 01:07 PM
I don't think we'll have to worry about having a FB too much. We should be able to get away with having 2 TE's.

WYOBISONMAN
04-14-2005, 02:32 PM
Rob Hunt's shoes will be very hard to fill!

Bisonguy
04-14-2005, 08:44 PM
I don't think we'll have to worry about having a FB too much. We should be able to get away with having 2 TE's.

Bohl has stated that there will be more single back formations this year with 2 TE's, trips, four wide, or possible H-back in use.

Bisonguy
04-16-2005, 12:25 AM
From WDAY 6:00 sports:

Tony Sparkman has left the team (although he really hasn't joined the team :-/).

Also a short feature on the corners

02Bison
04-16-2005, 12:28 AM
From WDAY 6:00 sports:

Tony Sparkman has left the team (although he really hasn't joined the team :-/).

Aparently he couldn't get his grades up, which means his heart wasn't into it like it should be.

kchats
04-16-2005, 04:40 AM
I think academic requirements are much less stringent at division II schools. Look for him to show up on a division II roster and play next season.

greenandgold01
04-16-2005, 05:14 AM
I think academic requirements are much less stringent at division II schools. Look for him to show up on a division II roster and play next season.

Maybe even DIII?

sambini
04-16-2005, 06:21 AM
CHECK OUT THE BISON SCRIMMAGE SUNDAY 3::30 ON THE GRASS FIELD SOUTH OF THEBSA.

Bisonguy
04-16-2005, 01:31 PM
From The Forum (http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=89072&section=Sports)

With one week left of spring football practice, the free safety position remains hotly contested between junior Tony Bizal and freshman Nick Schommer.

The 6-foot-2, 201-pound Bizal emerged as a key special teams player last season as one of the team's best kickoff coverage players. He played in all 11 games finishing with nine tackles.

The 5-11, 179-pound Schommer was a first team all-state selection by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinal newspaper. He had 124 tackles, three forced fumbles and two interceptions his senior year.

Other key position battles are at outside linebacker and the left side of the offensive line.

"We're about where I thought we would be," said head coach Craig Bohl.

greenandgold01
04-16-2005, 01:36 PM
I think the strong side OLB position will be an interesting battle.

Flintstone
04-16-2005, 02:47 PM
What position is Quickstad projected to play?

Trainer
04-16-2005, 02:54 PM
Free Safety....

Gamehunter
04-16-2005, 04:34 PM
Thats to bad about Sparkman. We are in need of guys like him along the line.

Isn't Quickstad out for one year? Or can he play this fall?

One more week untill the spring game ;D

Trainer
04-16-2005, 04:49 PM
JUCO transfers can play immediately upon enrollment... given their academics are up to par. So if Quickstad earns playing time, he'll definitely be playing this fall.

Bisondad
04-17-2005, 02:24 PM
I think the Forum's coverage of spring practice has been sub-standard. I live in the twin cities area and have read multiple articles on Gopher spring ball this week alone. One about a fullback turned linebacker that was a walk-on, another about the running back situation, among others. I can't imagine the sports situation is so busy in Fargo that they can't do a couple articles. Can't wait for next weekend.

Bisondad

SDbison
04-17-2005, 04:14 PM
I agree Bisondad, the Forum's coverage is poor. Guys like Kolpack should be writing articles every other day. Instead he is writing about non-sports stuff like the financial rivalry off the field. As for McFeely, he is probably more worried about warming up his golf game this time of the year. What few extra articles the forum publishes go the the VIP (pay) side of the Bison Zone. From what I have heard on this message board the VIP membership is not worth much and I don't understand the Forums motivation. There are probably no more than 50 members paying the $50 fee per year so that brings in a whopping $2500. The TeamMakers organization should just pay the Forum that much annually so that the fans, contributors and future players get good coverage. It is ridiculous that non-local Bison fans have to go to the opposing team's radio website to listen to a game. If I give $50 more it will be going directly to TeamMakers, not the Forum.

JBB
04-17-2005, 05:06 PM
I bet its more than 50 members. Im not sure if you can get the internet broadcast without the membership. Thats a huge incentive to join if, like me, you cant get WDAY.

Besides the coaches blogs and the news conferences (apparently only during the season) there isnt much on there that doesnt show up in the forum. If all you want to do is read the articles you can just look at the paper.

WYOBISONMAN
04-17-2005, 11:09 PM
The Forum's "Premium site" has been a joke. They are just charging us for the game broadcasts and the other promised stuff on the site is pretty pathetic.

JBB
04-17-2005, 11:36 PM
Yea, thats a little harsh, but the broadcasts alone are worth it. *BisonInsider is posting all of the Forum stuff so you sure dont need it for that. *But the broadcasts are huge. *I think for that alone its worth it for me.

Id like to see an internet broadast service, sold by the game or season, do a special broadcast independent of WDAYs and a new revenue source for NDSU. *ThunderRadio could do it. Bison Zone could keep doing it too.

Bisonguy
04-18-2005, 12:26 AM
I thought ThunderRadio did most of the games (home games at least) on the internet.

You need some sort of MP3 player like WinAmp or iTunes, but the broadcast is free.

I listen to the MP3 stream of ThunderRadio at my PC sometimes when I'm kicking back.

sambini
04-18-2005, 03:34 AM
i agree the forum has done a sub standard job on spring football. don't give the forum any more dough. give it to teammakers and you can write it off. i would rather read the mpls. tribune than the forum. its cheaper and more stuff in it. and i live in fargo. bison defense looked good today at scrimmage this afternoon. craig dahl is a stud. one of the finest safties we've had here in the 27 years i've been following the herd.

kchats
04-18-2005, 04:48 AM
And to think he was a quarterback. Is he big enough and fast enough to get a look in the NFL Draft in a year or two?

Bison_Dan
04-18-2005, 01:26 PM
i agree the forum has done a sub standard job on spring football. don't give the forum any more dough. give it to teammakers and you can write it off. i would rather read the mpls. tribune than the forum. its cheaper *and more stuff in it. and i live in fargo. bison defense looked good today at scrimmage this afternoon. craig dahl is a stud. one of the finest safties we've had here in the 27 years i've been following the herd.

How did the O look?

Bisonguy
04-18-2005, 07:32 PM
How did the O look?

There was a feature on the WDAY 10:00 news last night about the scrimmage. O is apparently WAY behind the D. Can't remember the details, but I believe the only TD was from the D on a pick, and there were a few INT's.

Schommer is supposedly turning some heads at FS.

mikelsch
04-18-2005, 08:32 PM
The defense is typically ahead of the offense during the early stages. Defense is the cornerstone to our success, the offense will come with time. Offense is so much more reliant on timing, precision, and repetition (especially with a new left side of the OL).

greenandgold01
04-18-2005, 09:20 PM
There was a feature on the WDAY 10:00 news last night about the scrimmage. O is apparently WAY behind the D. Can't remember the details, but I believe the only TD was from the D on a pick, and there were a few INT's.

Schommer is supposedly turning some heads at FS.

Based on that information I'm predicting that the 1st Offense will win the spring game by a score of 56-49. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Gamehunter
04-18-2005, 09:35 PM
that is alot of points

Big_BisonFan
04-18-2005, 09:46 PM
Based on that information I'm predicting that the 1st Offense will win the spring game by a score of 56-49.

It isn't 1st offense vs 1st deffense. the green and the gold teams are made up of a mix of players at all levels of the depth chart.

Bisonguy
04-18-2005, 11:37 PM
Interview with Coach Bohl on the 6:00 WDAY sports tonight with an update on spring practice.

greenandgold01
04-18-2005, 11:45 PM
It isn't 1st offense vs 1st deffense. the green and the gold teams are made up of a mix of players at all levels of the depth chart.

I'm just about certain that it's the 1st O/2nd D vs. the 1st D/2nd O.

And it's the Greens vs. the Whites.

02Bison
04-18-2005, 11:48 PM
I'm just about certain that it's the 1st O/2nd D vs. the 1st D/2nd O.

And it's the Greens vs. the Whites.

That's the way its been in the past. I assume it will be the same this year.

greenandgold01
04-18-2005, 11:51 PM
That's the way its been in the past. I assume it will be the same this year.

That makes the most sense as they've been practicing as 1's and 2's, I'm sure.

Of course, you could do it the way Mississippi State does and have the 1D/1O vs. the 2D/2O, but that wouldn't really be fair.

Bisonguy
04-18-2005, 11:54 PM
I know since Bohl has been at NDSU, at least one Spring Game was the #1 O vs. #1 D, and the #2 O vs. the #2 D (2003- the year he was on the mic a lot during the game). Actually, might have been both years.

Edit- Guess that's what you guys were saying. :-[

I thought Babich used the #1O/#1D vs. #2O/#2D scheme. ???

Bisonguy
04-23-2005, 07:43 AM
Looks like depth might hamper the playbook, as well as the playclock for the Spring Game.

Haven't they used a running clock the last couple years?

NDSU's lack of depth may hinder game (http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=89696&section=Sports)

kchats
04-23-2005, 06:55 PM
Can you listen to the spring game anywhere? Are they broadcasting it?

Bison_Kent
04-23-2005, 07:37 PM
Go to the audio/video link and click on the Noon Day with Jack and Sandy.

kchats
04-23-2005, 07:46 PM
thank you ;D

kchats
04-23-2005, 07:54 PM
Is the feed gone?

Bison_Kent
04-23-2005, 08:06 PM
I lost it too. I can't find it any where.

kchats
04-23-2005, 08:09 PM
I emailed the Bison Zone support to ask them about it. No response so far. Hopefully they at least archive it.

Gamehunter
04-23-2005, 10:47 PM
It was a good game. The green beat the gold 10-9. Parsons looked sharp, as did Walker after the first quater. He made some really good passes. Craig Dahl did an awesome job on defense. Mike Dragosavich had a 400 yard punt return, well, maybe it was 68, but it could have just as well been 400. Steffes and Chapman were running the ball well, and Shamon Washington really suprised me. The Line still needs some work...

greenandgold01
04-23-2005, 11:13 PM
Both lines or just the offensive line?

Bisonguy
04-23-2005, 11:57 PM
Both lines or just the offensive line?

O line.

D line played well, and are obviously farther along than the O line.

bisononce
04-24-2005, 04:59 AM
Craig Dahl. He was everywhere and has "savvy." Is he a Alpha male among men out there? Serious question: he appears to be something special. Might Dahl not be a pro candidate in the same fashion Rob Hunt has turned out to be?? :o

Flintstone
04-24-2005, 02:02 PM
Dahl looked really good out there. He just seems to be in the right place all of the time. He had one heck of a hit on a bubble screen in the first half. He fought through a double team and ripped the receiver.

I don't think we really got to see what the #1 O-line can do. The vast majority of the plays were passes. Steffes averaged almost 7 yds/carry and Chapman avereraged almost 6.

It's too bad Parson got hurt. He was making a lot of plays for the green team. He looks very fast and he can throw the ball. He may be pushing pretty hard for playing time next year depending on his understanding of the complete offense.

It looks like we should have another great year of Bison football next year, I can't wait for the first game!

WYOBISONMAN
04-24-2005, 05:52 PM
I hope the O line comes along.........

greenandgold01
04-24-2005, 10:32 PM
Craig Dahl. He was everywhere and has "savvy." Is he a Alpha male among men out there? Serious question: he appears to be something special. Might Dahl not be a pro candidate in the same fashion Rob Hunt has turned out to be?? :o

I've heard that he's extremely smart both on and off the field.

sambini
04-25-2005, 01:54 AM
CRAIG DAHL IS A DANDY. HE LIKES TO PUT A POP ON YA.

Bison_Dan
04-25-2005, 01:36 PM
It was a good game. *The green beat the gold 10-9. *Parsons looked sharp, as did Walker after the first quater. *He made some really good passes. *Craig Dahl did an awesome job on defense. *Mike Dragosavich had a 400 yard punt return, well, maybe it was 68, but it could have just as well been 400. *Steffes and Chapman were running the ball well, and Shamon Washington really suprised me. *The Line still needs some work...

I saw the same thing and agree 100%. My only concerns are D line and corners. If the D line comes out smoking then it takes alot of pressure off of the corners. I thought that the linebackers looked good, but Browner looked a little lost at times. The switch from rb to lb will take some time. It will be fun this fall.

mikelsch
04-25-2005, 07:28 PM
Anyone have a tape (or know where to find one) of the spring game? I couldn't make it.

Bisonguy
04-25-2005, 09:30 PM
I saw the same thing and agree 100%. *My only concerns are D line and corners. *If the D line comes out smoking then it takes alot of pressure off of the corners. *I thought that the linebackers looked good, but Browner looked a little lost at times. *The switch from rb to lb will take some time. *It will be fun this fall. *

???
The first team D line was in the backfield more times than not, and that's without Thompson and Robinson playing.

I thought the first team corners also played very well. Lots of contested passes, and not a lot of receivers getting open.

Bison_Dan
04-25-2005, 09:44 PM
???
The first team D line was in the backfield more times than not, and that's without Thompson and Robinson playing.

I thought the first team corners also played very well. Lots of contested passes, and not a lot of receivers getting open.

I saw that too, but I don't know if it was great D line play or bad O line play. I sat behind the bench and the O line were really upset with their line play the first quarter and a half. I hope your right about the corners. I think the D line will come around, but I'm not convinced about the corners.

Bison77supporter
04-26-2005, 01:53 AM
Alright, I am a long time reader first time poster here. Just wondering what the starting lineups look like for the herd? Maybe someone has alrady covered this.

greenandgold01
04-26-2005, 02:07 AM
Alright, I am a long time reader first time poster here. Just wondering what the starting lineups look like for the herd? Maybe someone has alrady covered this.

Well, it's impossible to say what they'll be for the first game. You never know what summer transfers or freshman might sneak into the starting spot over a guy who was a starter in spring.

NDSU_grad
04-26-2005, 02:27 AM
Alright, I am a long time reader first time poster here. *Just wondering what the starting lineups look like for the herd? *Maybe someone has alrady covered this.
The Sunday edition of the Forum had the two-deep in it. *I don't know if the online version did or not.

Edit: *I couldn't find it in the online version. * Here is what the paper had:

Offense: * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
QB * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Steve Walker * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Ryan Parsons * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Andy Thoreson * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
RB * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Kyle Steffes * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Cinque Chapman * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Shamen Washington
Mark Moore * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
FB * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Tyler Jangula
Tyler Roehl (injured) * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * FLANKER * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Marques Johnson
Nick Jackson * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
John Majeski * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
SE * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Travis White
Kole Heckendorf * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Alex Belquist * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
TE
Andy DelaBarre * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
A.J. Cooper * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Jerimiah Wurzbacher * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Derek Arndt
LT * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Nate Safe * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Jerrod Wagner * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

LG * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Adam Tadisch * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Jake Erickson * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
C
Hugh Medal * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Zach Harrington * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
RG
Justin Buckwalter * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
James Septak * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Tyler Lekang * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

RT * * * * * * * * * * *
Tim Popowski * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Blake Anderson

K
Corey Vartanian
Kyle Wilcox

HOLDER
Mike Dragosavich

87Bisonfan
04-26-2005, 02:46 AM
I was really surprised to hear the game on the radio Saturday. I just happened to be flipping through channels and came across Scott Miller and Jack Michaels doing the play by play (didn't hear any "My oh My" though). Now I can hardly wait for September. Has the spring game always been broadcasted?

Their concensus was that the defense was better prepared than the offense on Saturday.

NDSU_grad
04-26-2005, 03:25 AM
Here's the D.

LE
Alvin Robinson
Isaac Lavant
Alex Kingsley

TACKLE
Justin Frick Casey Radtke

NG
Rodney Thompson
Adam Palcqewski

RE
Joe Lardinois
Brian Dahl

WLB
Mike Maresh
Kole Zimmerman
Tommy Ray

MLB
Joe Mays
Nick Compton

SLB
Mike Brower
Brett Itterman

LCB
Bobby Babich
David Earl
Symeon Cabell

RCB
Scott Walter
Ryan Olson
Brian Rabb

FS
Tony BIzal
Sam Boraas

SS
Craig Dahl
Nick Schommer

PUNTER
Mike Dragosivich

LS
Jerimiah Wurzbacher

WYOBISONMAN
04-26-2005, 12:25 PM
How did Jangula look in the game??

tony
04-26-2005, 03:25 PM
I didn't key in on him much, but the one play I did, he absolutely buried his guy on a run to the right side.