PDA

View Full Version : Dakota Bowl 2020

TAILG8R
11-13-2020, 02:34 PM
Wasn't sure what forum to put this in. I always try to watch the games throughout the day and figured some others would be too and this could be a place to chat about it.

I don't think I have ever seen a small school look this good throwing the ball as Langdon Area/Edmore/Munich. Don't take this the wrong way but they actually look like they know what they are doing. Solid QB and a couple good receivers.

I have watched the Dakota Bowl for years and years and usually in the early games the passing games are non existent and when a team attempts a throw it's usually ugly at best.

El_Chapo
11-13-2020, 02:37 PM
you can't hand off the ball in front of you & have that guy throw a pass for a touchdown right?
that was a miss by the refs.

THEsocalledfan
11-13-2020, 02:38 PM
Wasn't sure what forum to put this in. I always try to watch the games throughout the day and figured some others would be too and this could be a place to chat about it.

I don't think I have ever seen a small school look this good throwing the ball as Langdon Area/Edmore/Munich. Don't take this the wrong way but they actually look like they know what they are doing. Solid QB and a couple good receivers.

I have watched the Dakota Bowl for years and years and usually in the early games the passing games are non existent and when a team attempts a throw it's usually ugly at best.

(Relives glory days......) You should have seen our teams in the early 90's from Rolette. We ran power, but also had good QB/RB/TE/WRs to gash you in the air. It was so much fun!

scottietohottie
11-13-2020, 02:51 PM
(Relives glory days......) You should have seen our teams in the early 90's from Rolette. We ran power, but also had good QB/RB/TE/WRs to gash you in the air. It was so much fun!

And the best game I ever played in was on the rolette baseball field between 2 8th grade classes while high school played on the football field. No pads, ripped shirts
agrilime in the knees, bloody noses, might have been the greatest night of my life. I miss the 90's.

TAILG8R
11-13-2020, 03:00 PM
I've always enjoyed the Dakota Bowl and watching all these kids having a title game experience and witnessing the thrill of victory and the very real agony of defeat.

MNLonghorn10
11-13-2020, 03:05 PM
This game is a route now.

TAILG8R
11-13-2020, 03:26 PM
This game is a route now.

It did turn into a runaway game but that last series by the Lisbon QB(2), that kid was determined to carry his team to the end zone.

NDSU_grad
11-13-2020, 07:01 PM
I can vouch for this. I was pretty happy as a senior when we played you guys and the mercy rule didn’t come into play.

MNLonghorn10
11-13-2020, 07:07 PM
Cavalier ran a horrible play at the end... razzle dazzles should be left with 2 min left, not 15 seconds

Mr Meaty
11-13-2020, 08:27 PM
Cavalier ran a horrible play at the end... razzle dazzles should be left with 2 min left, not 15 seconds

I was thinking the same thing. Your QB hands off to RB and he is suppose to throw the pass. Not saying he cant but he is the running back not the QB.

THEsocalledfan
11-13-2020, 09:08 PM
I can vouch for this. I was pretty happy as a senior when we played you guys and the mercy rule didn’t come into play.

my senior year, be beat Berthold like 64 to 14...... LOL I recovered two onside kicks. On one of the TDs, I was about to destroy their QB, and I tripped. I got chewed out by coach.....he grabs me Monday and shows me the film.....blatant clip to the back of my legs not called. /glorydaysover

bri-dog
11-14-2020, 12:07 AM
Does anyone know (or have a link even) if an out-of-stater can watch this without subscribing to something?

ByeSonBusiness
11-14-2020, 12:24 AM
Does anyone know (or have a link even) if an out-of-stater can watch this without subscribing to something?

The forum might have a link?

TAILG8R
11-14-2020, 12:28 AM
Does anyone know (or have a link even) if an out-of-stater can watch this without subscribing to something?Inform is steaming it but I think you have to at least sign up for a free account.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

bruinbison
11-14-2020, 12:40 AM
If that RB doesn’t work out for Kpeenu,
he just made 2 physical tackles as a DB on Century’ last possession...

10-0 Century

bruinbison
11-14-2020, 12:43 AM
Kpeenu fumbles the squib kickoff, Century with great field position.
Sheyenne is real danger here.

ByeSonBusiness
11-14-2020, 12:47 AM
Kpeenu fumbles the squib kickoff, Century with great field position.
Sheyenne is real danger here.

I feel bad how much I enjoy walking Fargo teams get rocked

bruinbison
11-14-2020, 12:47 AM
Cade Garcia - the hard-running TB for Century - definitely a college player. Has an offer from University of Jamestown and has made multiple visits, including Brookings and Fargo (?) and Moorhead.

17-0 Century 8:30 left in 2nd

westnodak93bison
11-14-2020, 01:59 PM
Sheyenne is fortunate to be in the title game. I dont think the big RB from Bismarck played in the semis?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

MNLonghorn10
11-14-2020, 02:05 PM
I feel bad how much I enjoy walking Fargo teams get rocked

Sheyenne isn’t Fargo [emoji2957]

IndyBison
11-16-2020, 12:14 AM
you can't hand off the ball in front of you & have that guy throw a pass for a touchdown right?
that was a miss by the refs.You can't have 2 forward passes on a regular scrimmage play. Handing is not a pass so if that's what happened no foul. If the QB flipped it to a guy on a jet sweep and then the back threw a forward pass then it would be a foul.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

ByeSonBusiness
11-16-2020, 12:22 AM
Sheyenne isn’t Fargo [emoji2957]

West Fargo is even worse lol. Hated those guys growing up. And I'm fully willing to be petty and hold old grudges.

oldmantutters
11-16-2020, 03:26 AM
West Fargo is even worse lol. Hated those guys growing up. And I'm fully willing to be petty and hold old grudges.Same. WF wants to be a "big" city but not want to be not want to be a "big" city at the same time.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

southcliffbison
11-17-2020, 01:38 AM
Same. WF wants to be a "big" city but not want to be not want to be a "big" city at the same time.

you gave me a headache.

oldmantutters
11-17-2020, 04:46 AM
you gave me a headache.That was probably just the smell from the lagoons

Hammerhead
11-18-2020, 08:18 PM
Same. WF wants to be a "big" city but not want to be not want to be a "big" city at the same time.

They should just be absorbed into Fargo. Wasn't there a town called Riverside north of Main Ave. that became part of West Fargo?

oldmantutters
11-18-2020, 08:33 PM
They should just be absorbed into Fargo. Wasn't there a town called Riverside north of Main Ave. that became part of West Fargo?Yep.

http://westfargond.gov/878/History-of-West-Fargo