PDA

View Full Version : Kansas State

garbageman
10-24-2020, 06:41 PM
Who was the QB recruit that decomitted from NDSU and went to Kansas St?

mtoutfitter
10-24-2020, 06:55 PM
Who was the QB recruit that decomitted from NDSU and went to Kansas St?

Jaren Lewis?

garbageman
10-24-2020, 07:01 PM
Must not be that good I see they are playing a true freshman

mtoutfitter
10-24-2020, 07:11 PM

I think Lewis would be a Redshirt Freshman.

SamsRams
10-24-2020, 08:14 PM

Well that stinks cause that means NDSU is expecting to start a QB next year who must not be that good

garbageman
10-24-2020, 08:17 PM
Perhaps he didn’t turn out and the one NDSU got was a hit. Sometimes there are misses in recruiting

tony
10-24-2020, 08:48 PM
Perhaps he didn’t turn out and the one NDSU got was a hit. Sometimes there are misses in recruiting

Exactly. Brock Jensen.

Professor Chaos
10-24-2020, 09:19 PM
Exactly. Brock Jensen.
Brock Jensen vs AJ Westendorp who, if I recall correctly, was a higher target at QB in the 2009 class.

Westendorp committed to Central Michigan and flip flopped positions a couple times it appears between TE and QB in his time there. He ended up appearing in 18 games total at CMU from 2009-2013 attempting 4 passes (completing one for 4 yards) and hauling in 4 career receptions.

Sometimes it works out when you don't get your top target....

Hammersmith
10-24-2020, 09:57 PM
I think Lewis would be a Redshirt Freshman.

Correct. KSU has six QBs on the roster and played two of them today(one in the 4Q when the game was in hand). They have two seniors, one junior, one sophomore, one redshirt freshman(Lewis), and two true freshmen. The starting QB today was one of the true freshman(Howard), and the backup was the junior(Ast). One of their seniors(Thompson) is the number one, but he's out for the season after a shoulder injury.

Short version: Lewis is no better than fourth out of six on the KSU roster.

SamsRams
10-25-2020, 02:34 AM
Brock Jensen vs AJ Westendorp who, if I recall correctly, was a higher target at QB in the 2009 class.

Westendorp committed to Central Michigan and flip flopped positions a couple times it appears between TE and QB in his time there. He ended up appearing in 18 games total at CMU from 2009-2013 attempting 4 passes (completing one for 4 yards) and hauling in 4 career receptions.

Sometimes it works out when you don't get your top target....

If I remember correctly, didn’t they offer another QB from Arizona. Also I believe they offered Anders Lee as a QB. So Brock was 4th in line

Professor Chaos
10-25-2020, 02:52 AM
If I remember correctly, didn’t they offer another QB from Arizona. Also I believe they offered Anders Lee as a QB. So Brock was 4th in line
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Brock was at least the 3rd QB offered that year and you probably followed it closer than I did so you're probably right. I also believe he had nothing other than D2 offers. I remember it fairly well since that entire recruiting sequence happened during the disappointing 6-5 2008 season when Nick Mertens was basically the only true scholarship QB on the roster (not counting Mohler who was redshirting) so as fans we were hoping they made a big recruiting splash for someone at QB who could come in right away and compete for the starting job and Westendorp had the hype and high school pedigree to make us believe he was that guy whereas Jensen wasn't the individual performer in high school that Westendorp was and wasn't getting anywhere near the same level offers.

As good a lesson as any that recruiting accolades mean jack and the intangibles like work ethic and having a winner's mentality are just as important as physical talent.

NDSUstudent
10-25-2020, 03:12 AM

Don't forget about Steven Threet...LOL

WeAreThePride
10-25-2020, 02:18 PM
NDSU has probably had better consistently high level QB play than any other team at any level for over a decade. It's a blessing.

THEsocalledfan
10-25-2020, 05:34 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Brock was at least the 3rd QB offered that year and you probably followed it closer than I did so you're probably right. I also believe he had nothing other than D2 offers. I remember it fairly well since that entire recruiting sequence happened during the disappointing 6-5 2008 season when Nick Mertens was basically the only true scholarship QB on the roster (not counting Mohler who was redshirting) so as fans we were hoping they made a big recruiting splash for someone at QB who could come in right away and compete for the starting job and Westendorp had the hype and high school pedigree to make us believe he was that guy whereas Jensen wasn't the individual performer in high school that Westendorp was and wasn't getting anywhere near the same level offers.

As good a lesson as any that recruiting accolades mean jack and the intangibles like work ethic and having a winner's mentality are just as important as physical talent.

You nailed it. Brock's dad told me Bubba was on the way to ask him to come to Duluth. Coach Bohl called and offered and they immediately said yes. They then called Bubba on his cell, and he literally turned his car around.

dufferole
10-25-2020, 08:47 PM
I am sure Bubba is used to that.

Answer Guy
10-25-2020, 10:45 PM
You nailed it. Brock's dad told me Bubba was on the way to ask him to come to Duluth. Coach Bohl called and offered and they immediately said yes. They then called Bubba on his cell, and he literally turned his car around.

Great story! I’m still calling bullshit.

Bisonville says Brock committed on 1-29-09. Bubba left Duluth in December of 2007.

IzzyFlexion
10-25-2020, 10:50 PM
Great story! I’m still calling bullshit.

Bisonville says Brock committed on 1-29-09. Bubba left Duluth in December of 2007.

Coulda been that he was driving a slow moving helmet car.