PDA

View Full Version : Cofield Enters Transfer Portal

EC8CH
10-14-2020, 10:50 PM
https://twitter.com/FGOSPORTSWRITER/status/1316511491101782017?s=20

Bison senior running back Cofield enters NCAA transfer portal | INFORUM

https://twitter.com/CofieldAdam/status/1316499324566634497?s=20

Good Luck Adam. I'll always remember that bunny back breaking run.

Kevin
10-14-2020, 10:56 PM
https://twitter.com/FGOSPORTSWRITER/status/1316511491101782017?s=20

Bison senior running back Cofield enters NCAA transfer portal | INFORUM

https://twitter.com/CofieldAdam/status/1316499324566634497?s=20

Good Luck Adam. I'll always remember that bunny back breaking run.

I'm kind of surprised by this. Especially given our running-back-by-committee approach the last many years. I think he would have had plenty of touches. Especially with the durability questions surrounding Wilson.

Gully
10-14-2020, 11:01 PM
Whatever. It's going to be like being a fan of the Red Hawks. Yes, I like them but I'm not going to be as passionate and give them a bunch of money.

Kevin
10-14-2020, 11:02 PM
Whatever. It's going to be like being a fan of the Red Hawks. Yes, I like them but I'm not going to be as passionate and give them a bunch of money.

cool story bro.

SDbison
10-14-2020, 11:03 PM
Goodbye......We have plenty of other good running backs and Wilson showed how he is #1 during our lone game of this season.

Kevin
10-14-2020, 11:03 PM
Goodbye......We have plenty of other good running backs and Wilson showed how he.is #1 during our lone game of this season.

I just read his post and it looks like he thinks he's transferring up to FBS. I just assumed he wanted to go somewhere in the FCS to be a feature back.

That's doubly confusing.

EC8CH
10-14-2020, 11:06 PM
I just read his post and it looks like he thinks he's transferring up to FBS. I just assumed he wanted to go somewhere in the FCS to be a feature back.

That's doubly confusing.

I took it as he is positioning for the NFL this spring. Probably means he isn't interested playing another year in college during the spring so it's FBS or training for the NFL?

ThunderDan
10-14-2020, 11:07 PM

That's doubly confusing.

I guess if he wants to be a starter at a G5 school? Then maybe?

I don't see him as a starter at a low tier P5 school.

Kevin
10-14-2020, 11:10 PM
I guess if he wants to be a starter at a G5 school? Then maybe?

I don't see him as a starter at a low tier P5 school.

Maybe? But a G5 school he's likely to be in tough competition or splitting carries as well. All eyes are on NDSU right now, it just seems an odd choice.

But hey I'm just some asshole on the internet not wearing pants all day because of a global pandemic. I'm sure he made an educated decision.

Those who stay will be champions (again).

TAILG8R
10-14-2020, 11:11 PM
I took it as he is positioning for the NFL this spring. Probably means he isn't interested playing another year in college during the spring so it's FBS or training for the NFL?If he isn't interested in playing he wouldn't be in the transfer portal he would just forego the season.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

ThunderDan
10-14-2020, 11:12 PM
Maybe? But a G5 school he's likely to be in tough competition or splitting carries as well. All eyes are on NDSU right now, it just seems an odd choice.

But hey I'm just some asshole on the internet not wearing pants all day because of a global pandemic. I'm sure he made an educated decision.

I agree, but there are some pretty shitty G5 schools, he have a good chance to be the guy at a few of them.....but he'd still have no exposure, probably even less exposure.

Kevin
10-14-2020, 11:15 PM
I agree, but there are some pretty shitty G5 schools, he have a good chance to be the guy at a few of them.....but he'd still have no exposure, probably even less exposure.

Yep, that's the chokepoint I keep coming back to every time I try to rationalize it.

He'll be missed, he was a solid piece to the puzzle. As ECE8HE said he'll be immortalized by that Bunny killing 4th and 1 run.

El_Chapo
10-14-2020, 11:19 PM
Wants to go "NEXT LEVEL"

NDSU NEEDS TO BE FBS> just will keep losing Jabril Cox's, Adam Cofields..... and there will be more.

ThunderDan
10-14-2020, 11:32 PM
Wants to go "NEXT LEVEL"

NDSU NEEDS TO BE FBS> just will keep losing Jabril Cox's, Adam Cofields..... and there will be more.

Alabama, LSU, Ohio St, Aurburn....they lose their studs after sophmore and junior year, but they keep reloading. NDSU will do the same in the rare instances that we lose a guy after 4 years to graduate transfer. We lost 1 stud LB who was with us until the absolute end when he blew up on some national radars, and then we lost Adam Cofield, who was the 3rd leading rusher. Let's not get crazy just yet.

I don't think being a G5 school would change the graduate transfer issue for our top guys.
I"m all for moving up, but it's not going to fix the issue at hand that this thread is refering to

123Gobison
10-14-2020, 11:36 PM
Market for RBs in the league is very tough. Short shelf life, smaller contracts, too much injuries and very competitive. Wishing Cofield all the best.

oldmantutters
10-14-2020, 11:38 PM
I can see where he is coming from. There is to much running back by committee for him to shine enough for the nfl here.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

JohnnyExtacy
10-14-2020, 11:38 PM
To some players, the schedule that NDSU plays year in and yea out, along with their pier conference mates, just isn't going to cut it to a highly competitive kid who wants to play high level football. What high level kid wants to play UND, Indiana State, South Dakota, Missouri St, Butler, Western Illinois, and the joke first coupe rounds they get every year in the playoffs. FCS is a joke competition wise.

El_Chapo
10-15-2020, 12:07 AM
Alabama, LSU, Ohio St, Aurburn....they lose their studs after sophmore and junior year, but they keep reloading. NDSU will do the same in the rare instances that we lose a guy after 4 years to graduate transfer. We lost 1 stud LB who was with us until the absolute end when he blew up on some national radars, and then we lost Adam Cofield, who was the 3rd leading rusher. Let's not get crazy just yet.

I don't think being a G5 school would change the graduate transfer issue for our top guys.
I"m all for moving up, but it's not going to fix the issue at hand that this thread is refering to

and Trey Lance

Johnny X is right. there is zero competition .

EC8CH
10-15-2020, 12:10 AM

Your carb starved brain can't comprehend Cofield's 4d chess moves Kev.

56BISON73
10-15-2020, 12:18 AM

That's doubly confusing.

Im sure he wants to try FBS but Im also sure he wants to be the guy who carries the rock. May be he can get both.

IzzyFlexion
10-15-2020, 12:33 AM
In 2019, out of the entire RB/FB/QB group of rushers (8 players), Cofield was the only runner averaging less than 5 ypc (4.9).

ThunderDan
10-15-2020, 01:19 AM
and Trey Lance

Johnny X is right. there is zero competition .

We didn't lose Trey Lance as a graduate transfer....just an FYI

Gully
10-15-2020, 01:31 AM
Cofield will not be playing in the NFL, sorry. Nothing against the guy, I'd love to be wrong, but I just don't see it. We've had better backs not make it.

Kevin
10-15-2020, 01:32 AM
Cofield will not be playing in the NFL, sorry. Nothing against the guy, I'd love to be wrong, but I just don't see it. We've had better backs not make it.

My thoughts too. If Bruce Anderson didn’t make it I don’t see a path for cofield.

GreenfieldBison
10-15-2020, 01:33 AM
My thoughts too. If Bruce Anderson didn’t make it I don’t see a path for cofield.

Yeah, or TAZ.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gully
10-15-2020, 01:35 AM
but I should add, I'll never forget his run (and the great blocking) on long TD run at SDSU!

ByeSonBusiness
10-15-2020, 01:52 AM
Sounds like the NCAA is about to change the rules and allow a free transfer without loss of eligibility. I wonder how that'll go.

oldmantutters
10-15-2020, 01:57 AM
Sounds like the NCAA is about to change the rules and allow a free transfer without loss of eligibility. I wonder how that'll go.Fuck it! Let er rip. Student athletes can make all the money they can scrounge up, transfer all they want. On the flipside scholarships are year to year and the student athletes have to pay taxes on all of the benefits they receive.

WeAreThePride
10-15-2020, 02:08 AM
Don't let the door hit you on the ass.

WeAreThePride
10-15-2020, 02:10 AM
I can see where he is coming from. There is to much running back by committee for him to shine enough for the nfl here.

If he were an NFL back we would have played him like one.

Gully
10-15-2020, 02:11 AM
Fuck it! Let er rip. Student athletes can make all the money they can scrounge up, transfer all they want. On the flipside scholarships are year to year and the student athletes have to pay taxes on all of the benefits they receive.

Well I don't know about this but I do have a feeling there will be massive unintended consequences in all of this. FM Buffaloes minor league fb doesn't exactly get me fired up.

WeAreThePride
10-15-2020, 02:12 AM
To some players, the schedule that NDSU plays year in and yea out, along with their pier conference mates, just isn't going to cut it to a highly competitive kid who wants to play high level football. What high level kid wants to play UND, Indiana State, South Dakota, Missouri St, Butler, Western Illinois, and the joke first coupe rounds they get every year in the playoffs. FCS is a joke competition wise.

Carson Wentz, Billy Turner, Easton Stick, Chris Board, Nick DeLuca, Brock Jensen, Joe Haeg, Darius Shepard, do I need to go on?

El_Chapo
10-15-2020, 02:24 AM
Kansas State Loses Josh Youngblood 2 days ago. .. Hank Jacobs puts his fat nose into Cofield's business.

Game Set Match. NDSU getting drained by K State.. again.

SamsRams
10-15-2020, 02:25 AM
Well I don't know about this but I do have a feeling there will be massive unintended consequences in all of this. FM Buffaloes minor league fb doesn't exactly get me fired up.

Moving to a G5 conferences does nothing to change this. In fact I think it would amplify it.

I’m excited to see some of the younger backs. This opens up a route for Gonnella to play early which is a good idea since he may turn to baseball.

He will 100% go P5 and I don’t see him making this move without knowledge of interest from P5 schools if he were to enter the portal

tjbison
10-15-2020, 02:26 AM

This is pretty dumb..considering some NFL rb's from the MVFc and FCS

Go away

El_Chapo
10-15-2020, 02:27 AM
woo hoo I beat sams by 1 minute :howdy:

he's right. Freshman TK Marshall and Gonnella are beasts, Wilson, Saybein Clark are solid...... and some guy named KOBE!!!

heck DJ Stewart did this at Kimberly Wisc his senior year:
.Wisconsin’s Offensive Player of the Year and Gatorade Player of the Year in 2017 after rushing for 2,299 yards and 28 touchdowns

fmfantasy
10-15-2020, 03:39 AM
if you think its getting bad now just wait till players can get paid.. they will all be free agents basically year to year.. and NDSU wont see any top players actually finish out here..

HerdistheWord
10-15-2020, 04:48 AM
Kansas State Loses Josh Youngblood 2 days ago. .. Hank Jacobs puts his fat nose into Cofield's business.

Game Set Match. NDSU getting drained by K State.. again.

Some Kstate kid named Vaughn would like a word with you about the Cats needing a RB...

GreenfieldBison
10-15-2020, 12:36 PM
Some Kstate kid named Vaughn would like a word with you about the Cats needing a RB...

The Deuce is a fun watch. Makes me yearn for some Jalen Bussey.

SamsRams
10-15-2020, 12:45 PM
woo hoo I beat sams by 1 minute :howdy:

he's right. Freshman TK Marshall and Gonnella are beasts, Wilson, Saybein Clark are solid...... and some guy named KOBE!!!

heck DJ Stewart did this at Kimberly Wisc his senior year:
.Wisconsin’s Offensive Player of the Year and Gatorade Player of the Year in 2017 after rushing for 2,299 yards and 28 touchdowns

Haha congrats

And don’t forget Bussey

Transfers are a part of college athletics. For those that are just figuring this out, welcome to reality. Anyone who is butt hurt that a young man decided to do something that they feel is best for their career and life, grow up.

semobison
10-15-2020, 12:49 PM
If he were an NFL back we would have played him like one.

Definitely agree. Cofield was a good short yardage back, broke the big one in Brookings but talent wise we have multiple guys better than him on the current roster. My guess is he knows this and wants go somewhere where he will get more carries. FBS...?

THEsocalledfan
10-15-2020, 12:50 PM
I don't get this move; he is not going to be a feature back in P5, and even doubt it at G5. My guess, he knew Wilson and others were more talented and decided to move on. I'll always love the SDSU run ruining their fairy tale day in Brookings.

I do think we have opened a pandora's box that I doubt can be closed. This 1 time transfer rule could mean the end of having NFL players graduating from NDSU.

WeAreThePride
10-15-2020, 01:34 PM
I don't get this move; he is not going to be a feature back in P5, and even doubt it at G5. My guess, he knew Wilson and others were more talented and decided to move on. I'll always love the SDSU run ruining their fairy tale day in Brookings.

I do think we have opened a pandora's box that I doubt can be closed. This 1 time transfer could mean the end of having NFL players graduating from NDSU.

I'm certain he could find some G5 team which would feature him as a 25 carry per game back. Good luck getting a look from the NFL at North of NorthWestern Michigan.

tony
10-15-2020, 02:22 PM
I don't know why he's transferring... hopefully, he has his degree and is just going somewhere else to do some post-grad work.

4th and 1. NDSU is on their own 29. The game with our biggest rival is tied. Just over 2 minutes left on the clock. A 28-game winning streak, a #1 ranking, and first place in the conference on the line.

Adam Cofield around the right side for 71 yards.

ByeSonBusiness
10-15-2020, 02:43 PM
I'm certain he could find some G5 team which would feature him as a 25 carry per game back. Good luck getting a look from the NFL at North of NorthWestern Michigan.

...you absolutely get a look from the NFL at G5 schools lol. One of the benefits to going to NDSU instead of FBS for some of these guys is playing time. If he isn't getting enough PT here, and has NFL dreams (or even just wants a shot at being 'the guy'), he may be able to do that at a G5 school or maybe even a RB-thin P5 school.

The whole "NFL scouts will find you at NDSU, dont worry" line of thinking probably doesn't hold as much water if you arent a starter. If i get 6-8 touches in Fargo vs. 20 touches in Ypsilanti, I think its reasonable for me to go there and give it a shot during my last year of eligibility.

Like others have said, who knows why he is transferring. He was in Fargo long enough he may already have his degree, good luck to him. He broke SDSU and for that people should be grateful.

EC8CH
10-15-2020, 02:50 PM
Haha congrats

And don’t forget Bussey

Transfers are a part of college athletics. For those that are just figuring this out, welcome to reality. Anyone who is butt hurt that a young man decided to do something that they feel is best for their career and life, grow up.

Are you concerned about the free one time transfer rule though? Could be worrisome about how it may transform the dynamics of lower divisions like the FCS.

HerdBot
10-15-2020, 03:43 PM
Sad to see him leave but we have plenty of quality backs. Our fullback looks pretty damn good too.

NDSUBowler
10-15-2020, 03:44 PM
Are you concerned about the free one time transfer rule though? Could be worrisome about how it may transform the dynamics of lower divisions like the FCS.

Flipside, for every player that may leave us for higher ambitions, we will be able to steal players from bad teams that view us as their higher ambition.

El_Chapo
10-15-2020, 03:48 PM
Flipside, for every player that may leave us for higher ambitions, we will be able to steal players from bad teams that view us as their higher ambition.

yes, but our staff has NEVER been aggressive in the past, hope that changes

NDSU92
10-15-2020, 04:04 PM
yes, but our staff has NEVER been aggressive in the past, hope that changes

A lot of our culture is built on team first mentality. It is much easier to build that from a recruit than instill it in a transfer.

There are transfers that work but they have to have the right mentality.

Gully
10-15-2020, 04:53 PM
Moving to a G5 conferences does nothing to change this. In fact I think it would amplify it.

I’m excited to see some of the younger backs. This opens up a route for Gonnella to play early which is a good idea since he may turn to baseball.

He will 100% go P5 and I don’t see him making this move without knowledge of interest from P5 schools if he were to enter the portal

Either way, my point stands, this does nothign to increase interest and support, it only diminishes it.

OrygunBison
10-15-2020, 05:17 PM
Perhaps I'm crazy because I look at this entire transfer portal thing completely opposite from most of you. I see it as an opportunity to land kids like Jabrill for 3 years. There are a lot of kids that don't get all the looks that they might deserve or which didn't have proper luck at the right time. If we stand out from our peer institutions in FCS/G5 as a school that has a great reputation for development while also having a high media profile (again, as it relates to our peers), we might pick up guys that would otherwise walk on at UMich, or second string at Nebraska, or who didn't get the offer for their preferred position at Minny.

3 years from a much higher caliber of player is better than 4 from not-so-high ones, particularly with our unique ability to reload every year.

Snowgoose
10-15-2020, 05:26 PM
[QUOTE=ByeSonBusiness;1454817]...you absolutely get a look from the NFL at G5 schools lol. One of the benefits to going to NDSU instead of FBS for some of these guys is playing time. If he isn't getting enough PT here, and has NFL dreams (or even just wants a shot at being 'the guy'), he may be able to do that at a G5 school or maybe even a RB-thin P5 school.

The whole "NFL scouts will find you at NDSU, dont worry" line of thinking probably doesn't hold as much water if you arent a starter. If i get 6-8 touches in Fargo vs. 20 touches in Ypsilanti, I think its reasonable for me to go there and give it a shot during my last year of eligibility.

Chris Board would like to argue that point.

THEsocalledfan
10-15-2020, 05:33 PM
Perhaps I'm crazy because I look at this entire transfer portal thing completely opposite from most of you. I see it as an opportunity to land kids like Jabrill for 3 years. There are a lot of kids that don't get all the looks that they might deserve or which didn't have proper luck at the right time. If we stand out from our peer institutions in FCS/G5 as a school that has a great reputation for development while also having a high media profile (again, as it relates to our peers), we might pick up guys that would otherwise walk on at UMich, or second string at Nebraska, or who didn't get the offer for their preferred position at Minny.

3 years from a much higher caliber of player is better than 4 from not-so-high ones, particularly with our unique ability to reload every year.

You could be right. However, not a single NFL graphic will ever show who developed that player. I hope they find a way to prevent moves up in division.

OrygunBison
10-15-2020, 05:38 PM
You could be right. However, not a single NFL graphic will ever show who developed that player. I hope they find a way to prevent moves up in division.

I'm not sure why that is so incredibly important to so many people.

ByeSonBusiness
10-15-2020, 06:42 PM
Didn't board start his senior year or am I misremembering

Bison 4 Life
10-15-2020, 06:42 PM
The only reason we have a QB next year is because someone transferred. It goes both ways.

Sioux27
10-15-2020, 07:05 PM
Fuck it! Let er rip. Student athletes can make all the money they can scrounge up, transfer all they want. On the flipside scholarships are year to year and the student athletes have to pay taxes on all of the benefits they receive.

Scholarships are taxable income?

Hammerhead
10-15-2020, 07:20 PM
You could also add in scholarship players who realize they might be riding the pine for 2-3 years on the third string or they could get more playing time at an FCS school with a chance to go on to their "dream" school for their senior year. What that all does to the team concept, I'm not sure.

ByeSonBusiness
10-15-2020, 07:30 PM

Not sure how they would square that policy with the idea of lifting obstacles impeding transferring, but who knows with the NCAA lol.

23Bison
10-15-2020, 07:42 PM
The only reason we have a QB next year is because someone transferred. It goes both ways.

It is of my opinion that we would have been fine at QB for next year regardless if Zeb was here or not.

SamsRams
10-15-2020, 08:37 PM
Either way, my point stands, this does nothign to increase interest and support, it only diminishes it.

Correct, the super selfish people who think a 22 year old shouldn’t do things that might hurt someone’s feelings will lose interest. Let’s forget the fact that this goes on at every college at every level and every year. Less also ignore that coaches and administrators and every person who walks this earth switches their job at some point and rarely does someone cry foul on a message board. But let’s focus on you buddy. Let your feelings out. I’m sure NDSU football lives and dies with how you feel about everyday occurrences that get you all sensitive

SamsRams
10-15-2020, 08:38 PM
It is of my opinion that we would have been fine at QB for next year regardless if Zeb was here or not.

It’s my opinion Cam starts more games then Zeb

ThunderDan
10-15-2020, 08:38 PM

Really? With who?

SamsRams
10-15-2020, 08:40 PM
Really? With who?

Start with the highest rated recruit NDSU has ever had in uniform and the person I think will be the starter Cam Miller

23Bison
10-15-2020, 08:42 PM
Really? With who?

Don’t sleep on Logan Graetz. Miller will be good too once he learns the system.

ThunderDan
10-15-2020, 08:44 PM
Start with the highest rated recruit NDSU has ever had in uniform and the person I think will be the starter Cam Miller

guess it depends what site you are using for "star" ratings.
Which we all know, don't mean much anyway.

Gully
10-15-2020, 08:51 PM
Correct, the super selfish people who think a 22 year old shouldn’t do things that might hurt someone’s feelings will lose interest. Let’s forget the fact that this goes on at every college at every level and every year. Less also ignore that coaches and administrators and every person who walks this earth switches their job at some point and rarely does someone cry foul on a message board. But let’s focus on you buddy. Let your feelings out. I’m sure NDSU football lives and dies with how you feel about everyday occurrences that get you all sensitive

You've misunderstood me but I don't really care.

SamsRams
10-15-2020, 08:55 PM
guess it depends what site you are using for "star" ratings.
Which we all know, don't mean much anyway.

Makes as much sense assuming the next starter is a “senior” which also doesn’t mean much anyways. If there is spring ball and there are playoffs associated with it I predict it’s Miller or Sanders. Last 10 years have been offenses led by a “mobile” QB. Not sure it makes sense to revamp the offense for a spring season

SamsRams
10-15-2020, 08:58 PM
You've misunderstood me but I don't really care.
I guess I did. I thought you were saying your support and interest will diminish if young men you have never met decide to make a life choice that has nothing to do with you. Must’ve missed the response where you said you fully support this move and it only excites you more for next season to see the younger backs get their chance to shine.

ThunderDan
10-15-2020, 09:06 PM
Makes as much sense assuming the next starter is a “senior” which also doesn’t mean much anyways. If there is spring ball and there are playoffs associated with it I predict it’s Miller or Sanders. Last 10 years have been offenses led by a “mobile” QB. Not sure it makes sense to revamp the offense for a spring season

Who assumed he would start because he's a senior?

I didn't see that posted anywhere.

You're assuming he won't start, because we have "the highest rated recruit NDSU has ever had"

Gully
10-15-2020, 09:11 PM
I guess I did. I thought you were saying your support and interest will diminish if young men you have never met decide to make a life choice that has nothing to do with you. Must’ve missed the response where you said you fully support this move and it only excites you more for next season to see the younger backs get their chance to shine.

Well that's because I didn't say that either.

"hurt feelings" "let your feelings out" "get all sensitive" "NDSU lives and dies with me".....I don't know where this is coming from.

I just shared the fact that it dimishes my interest. I don't care if you agree and I wouldn't attack you personally if I did care. Just sharing my view, ok.

BTW, I'm far from alone. I've heard from a bunch of people who are disatisfied. It's not just the transfer stuff either. That's just one piece of it. It's lack of quality games, lack of a fall season, the jerking around for the UCA game and the political stuff. I'm not asking you to agree...I'm telling you it's turning a lot of people off....not everyone, but a significant amount of people. I've heard at least one major sponsor included. These are just facts. Again, you don't have to agree. I don't care, I suspect it's like most other things, half of the people will agree and half won't.

OrygunBison
10-15-2020, 09:23 PM
...and for some reason, 95% of the people in this country just want to be pissed off all the time, no matter what the issue is. How people that support this program can be pissy about ANYTHING related to the team is beyond me. I for one know for sure that they don't owe me a goddamn thing.

Some of you behave like the sky is falling over the littlest things. Look for the positive in this. It is there if you just open your eyes.

EC8CH
10-15-2020, 09:24 PM

Watched his huddle video. Lots of throws with nice touch, but didn't see a lot of balls on a rope.

Gully
10-15-2020, 09:29 PM
...and for some reason, 95% of the people in this country just want to be pissed off all the time, no matter what the issue is. How people that support this program can be pissy about ANYTHING related to the team is beyond me. I for one know for sure that they don't owe me a goddamn thing.

Some of you behave like the sky is falling over the littlest things. Look for the positive in this. It is there if you just open your eyes.

Look, I'm not trying to be pissy about anything. I've been an unbelievable supporter of the program in just about every way possible. I haven't changed. The players don't owe me anything. If I'm the only one that has some of the concerns I've expressed then there's nothing to worry about, Matt Larson should continue to do exactly what he's been doing.

Go back and read the posts and tell me who got "pissy".

AKBison
10-15-2020, 11:07 PM
I don't understand the move either. However, I support him 100% like I did with Jabril. If a student athlete comes to NDSU and does everything asked of them, graduates, and wants to grad transfer, then more power to them. They have paid their debt in full and owe us nothing. Their legacy is intact and they should be welcomed back to visit with open arms. I'm a huge fan of Adam and will cheer for him wherever he lands.

56BISON73
10-15-2020, 11:09 PM
I don't understand the move either. However, I support him 100% like I did with Jabril. If a student athlete comes to NDSU and does everything asked of them, graduates, and wants to grad transfer, then more power to them. They have paid their debt in full and owe us nothing. Their legacy is intact and they should be welcomed back to visit with open arms. I'm a huge fan of Adam and will cheer for him wherever he lands.

:nod:..............

oldmantutters
10-16-2020, 01:27 AM
Scholarships are taxable income?Under my plan they will be.

GreenfieldBison
10-16-2020, 01:28 AM
Under my plan they will be.

Can you please share full details of this plan? Thanks in advance. I’ll hang up and listen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oldmantutters
10-16-2020, 01:33 AM
Can you please share full details of this plan? Thanks in advance. I’ll hang up and listen.

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkI've posted the bullet points. There's a search function on this site, have at it.

fmfantasy
10-16-2020, 02:10 AM
Could the bison do this to other levels? like would the top 5 seniors in the NSIC start for the Bison each year? I assume a guy like Thielen would have made a good xfer?

southcliffbison
10-16-2020, 03:34 AM
Could the bison do this to other levels? like would the top 5 seniors in the NSIC start for the Bison each year? I assume a guy like Thielen would have made a good xfer?

He certainly could have been on my team.

Buthockey
10-16-2020, 10:01 AM
Right eh? Like when I said Aunt Jemima’s was better syrup than Log Cabin eh? Hoser said that’s just because your Aunt buys your syrup ya canuck! Right?!?!

OrygunBison
10-16-2020, 04:10 PM
Look, I'm not trying to be pissy about anything. I've been an unbelievable supporter of the program in just about every way possible. I haven't changed. The players don't owe me anything. If I'm the only one that has some of the concerns I've expressed then there's nothing to worry about, Matt Larson should continue to do exactly what he's been doing.

Go back and read the posts and tell me who got "pissy".

Sorry, Gully. There's a frustration that I have with the sense of entitlement that much of our fanbase has and the dagger probably felt like it was pointed at you for the moment. I wasn't specifically addressing your post or you in particular. Again, I'm sorry for firing from the hip and not acknowledging that right away.

It was more of a comment on the constant bitching that exists on BV. Seemingly no matter how good we have it as fans, there's still a large unrelenting contingent of discontent. Frankly, when I see that attitude - meaning the same people always bitching about everything - I just dismiss their concerns. After all, those people will never be pleased. I would rather spend my time on creating successes that will keep the interest of everyone else. I suspect anyone in leadership and with experience in the athletic department does the same.

I wonder what percentage of the posts on this board are negative. I bet it is pretty damn high...even if you don't account for the political board. (Yes, I know this post would be on the negative end of the spectrum...)

Gully
10-16-2020, 04:12 PM
Sorry, Gully. There's a frustration that I have with the sense of entitlement that much of our fanbase has and the dagger probably felt like it was pointed at you for the moment. I wasn't specifically addressing your post or you in particular. Again, I'm sorry for firing from the hip and not acknowledging that right away.

It was more of a comment on the constant bitching that exists on BV. Seemingly no matter how good we have it as fans, there's still a large unrelenting contingent of discontent. Frankly, when I see that attitude - meaning the same people always bitching about everything - I just dismiss their concerns. After all, those people will never be pleased. I would rather spend my time on creating successes that will keep the interest of everyone else. I suspect anyone in leadership and with experience in the athletic department does the same.

I wonder what percentage of the posts on this board are negative. I bet it is pretty damn high...even if you don't account for the political board. (Yes, I know this post would be on the negative end of the spectrum...)

Fair enough. I agree with this in large part, BTW.

SamsRams
10-17-2020, 12:35 AM
Well that's because I didn't say that either.

"hurt feelings" "let your feelings out" "get all sensitive" "NDSU lives and dies with me".....I don't know where this is coming from.

I just shared the fact that it dimishes my interest. I don't care if you agree and I wouldn't attack you personally if I did care. Just sharing my view, ok.

BTW, I'm far from alone. I've heard from a bunch of people who are disatisfied. It's not just the transfer stuff either. That's just one piece of it. It's lack of quality games, lack of a fall season, the jerking around for the UCA game and the political stuff. I'm not asking you to agree...I'm telling you it's turning a lot of people off....not everyone, but a significant amount of people. I've heard at least one major sponsor included. These are just facts. Again, you don't have to agree. I don't care, I suspect it's like most other things, half of the people will agree and half won't.

All of those things are fine to cause you to lose interest. But it is selfish to say you are losing interest because a 22 year old athlete who gave his heart and soul to NDSU after he decommitted from Missouri State to come to NDSU and then decides He wants to do something that he thinks is best for his life. That you can’t be happy for him and excited to see the next crop of players is absurd.

EC8CH
10-17-2020, 12:57 AM
All of those things are fine to cause you to lose interest. But it is selfish to say you are losing interest because a 22 year old athlete who gave his heart and soul to NDSU after he decommitted from Missouri State to come to NDSU and then decides He wants to do something that he thinks is best for his life. That you can’t be happy for him and excited to see the next crop of players is absurd.

Cofield was a no none sense bruiser. Nothing flashy but ran like a freight train. Sad I've seen his last game as a Bison and best of luck to him in the future. Never forget his stone cold no emotion face.

56BISON73
10-17-2020, 01:31 AM

Not selfish at all. Its how he feels and was part of the many things compiled together. So that wasnt the main crux of his statement.

Cool story though. :D

bruinbison
10-17-2020, 11:29 AM
And on a positive note, the Bison did recruit 2 RB’s in the last class
TK Marshall - 5’ 11” 195
Dominic Gonnella - 5’ 11” 205

Plus local preferred walk-on Nathan Goldade.
And WR Raja Nelson played QB/RB/WR in high school......

Excited to see who steps forward from the RB room!

Gully
10-17-2020, 01:38 PM

I don't really understand where this is coming from. I am certainly interested to see the next crop of players and what is absurd is you explaining to me how I feel when you're completely wrong. I have nothing against Cofield and have said that. I'm just saying that players leaving early is one of a few things I mentioned that diminishes my interest overall. It's not a judgement of them, it's a statement of my preferences. But please, continue to explain my preferences to me.

The thought that you have some moral authority to judge how I spend my entertainment dollars is absurd.

AKBison
10-17-2020, 02:05 PM
I don't really understand where this is coming from. I am certainly interested to see the next crop of players and what is absurd is you explaining to me how I feel when you're completely wrong. I have nothing against Cofield and have said that. I'm just saying that players leaving early is one of a few things I mentioned that diminishes my interest overall. It's not a judgement of them, it's a statement of my preferences. But please, continue to explain my preferences to me.

The thought that you have some moral authority to judge how I spend my entertainment dollars is absurd.

He's not leaving early, he came to NDSU on scholarship and graduated. I'm sorry to see him go but his debt is paid.

Gully
10-17-2020, 02:20 PM
He's not leaving early, he came to NDSU on scholarship and graduated. I'm sorry to see him go but his debt is paid.

I understand that, but that's not what I meant. I meant players leaving when they still have eligibility remaining. I don't see it as him having a debt to pay either.

I'm just stating that it diminishes my interest to see the increasing trend of players leaving.

El_Chapo
11-11-2020, 02:15 PM
Cofield 1st FBS offer publicly is Liberty a TOP 25 FBS team
there may be more, it's harder to find with transfers

Impressive!

HerdBot
11-11-2020, 03:05 PM
Cofield 1st FBS offer publicly is Liberty a TOP 25 FBS team
there may be more, it's harder to find with transfers

Impressive!

He can do better than Liberty. Seems like a significant downgrade to me. Liberty's best win is a squeaker over a 5th place ACC team.

TAILG8R
11-11-2020, 04:39 PM
He can do better than Liberty. Seems like a significant downgrade to me. Liberty's best win is a squeaker over a 5th place ACC team.

Agreed. Impressive is not the word I would use for Liberty being in the top 25 this year.

ZHerd
11-11-2020, 04:42 PM
Agreed. Impressive is not the word I would use for Liberty being in the top 25 this year.

Teams like Liberty and the Beachchickens make it pretty clear that NDSU would easily be a T25 regular in FBS

ByeSonBusiness
11-11-2020, 05:02 PM

If he wants to be "the guy" somewhere, there is a very good chance that a place like Liberty is probably as good as its going to get. Pretty good team they got this year too.

BISONBRI53
11-11-2020, 06:43 PM
Butt fbs!!!!

NDSUSR
11-11-2020, 07:35 PM
If he wants to be "the guy" somewhere, there is a very good chance that a place like Liberty is probably as good as its going to get. Pretty good team they got this year too.

He wasnt even "the guy" here.

TAILG8R
11-11-2020, 08:16 PM
He wasnt even "the guy" here.

Very true, which is why going someplace that's actually a step down like Liberty might be a chance for him to be the bell cow.

tjbison
11-11-2020, 08:57 PM
Teams like Liberty and the Beachchickens make it pretty clear that NDSU would easily be a T25 regular in FBS

those teams wouldnt be there if all the Big boys had been playing full schedules and OOC IMO

JohnnyExtacy
11-11-2020, 09:31 PM
If NDSU was in D1 they would likely either be in the MAC or the Mountain West. They would be a perennial winner or at least top 3 every year in the MAC, so they would likely be a ranked top 25 year year in and out. If they were in the Mountain west, they would probably be in the Mountain Division and probably be 2nd to Boise St year in and out for the Division Champ and would likely be a top 3 program year in and out and would probably be ranked.

But hey they can always stay in D2, play games that are over by halftime every week and compete against no name Universities for NC every year too.

El_Chapo
11-11-2020, 09:33 PM
Very true, which is why going someplace that's actually a step down like Liberty might be a chance for him to be the bell cow.

step down... you hoople-ites crack me up

TAILG8R
11-11-2020, 09:42 PM

Are you saying that Liberty is a better program than NDSU?

HandoEX
11-11-2020, 10:21 PM

Have you lost your damn mind?

GreenfieldBison
11-11-2020, 10:31 PM

Well, your question would suggest..., ah hell, never mind.

SamsRams
11-11-2020, 11:27 PM
If NDSU was in D1 they would likely either be in the MAC or the Mountain West. They would be a perennial winner or at least top 3 every year in the MAC, so they would likely be a ranked top 25 year year in and out. If they were in the Mountain west, they would probably be in the Mountain Division and probably be 2nd to Boise St year in and out for the Division Champ and would likely be a top 3 program year in and out and would probably be ranked.

But hey they can always stay in D2, play games that are over by halftime every week and compete against no name Universities for NC every year too.

Is there some poll that ranks the top 75? Cause that would be the only poll that would have the third place team from the MAC and MWC ranked “year in and year out”

HerdBot
11-12-2020, 02:27 AM

I agree with much of that except Wyoming was finishing ahead of Boise. I think we could win it every other year

El_Chapo
11-12-2020, 03:58 AM
Is there some poll that ranks the top 75? Cause that would be the only poll that would have the third place team from the MAC and MWC ranked “year in and year out”

yea NDSU would have to be Boise State level good to get ranked.

Mac had 2003 Miami Oh w Ben Roethlisberger get to #10.

so once every 20 years.

Liberty is a dam good team this year ive watched them twice

BISONBRI53
11-13-2020, 01:35 AM
Was that supposed to be in purple?

tjbison
12-06-2020, 04:40 PM
Headed to Western Kentucky, good luck to him

El_Chapo
12-06-2020, 05:12 PM
Headed to Western Kentucky, good luck to him

WKU FBS he will be the MAN there (Senior RB Gaej Walker is there now)

they are 4-6 and playing RIGHT NOW vs Charlotte and up 10-0

NDSUSR
12-06-2020, 07:34 PM
Sagarin has WKU 54 spots below NDSU. Genius move.

56BISON73
12-06-2020, 07:46 PM
those teams wouldnt be there if all the Big boys had been playing full schedules and OOC IMO

Exactly!!!!!!

dewey
12-06-2020, 07:53 PM
WKU FBS he will be the MAN there (Senior RB Gaej Walker is there now)

they are 4-6 and playing RIGHT NOW vs Charlotte and up 10-0

I would assume he wants to be the workhorse and that would not happen at NDSU..

Dewey

NDSUSR
12-06-2020, 10:31 PM
Wasnt Cofields last game at NDSU 8 runs for 3 yards total?
Just sayin...

El_Chapo
12-06-2020, 11:11 PM
Just sayin...

LOL u serious?

NDSUSR
12-07-2020, 01:23 AM
LOL u serious?
Yes and I am correct.

El_Chapo
12-07-2020, 03:14 AM
and he won the SDSU game on a 70+ yarder

813 yards 12 touchdowns in 2019 is pretty pimp and going to a FBS team instead of playing spring fcs ball will help him next year for the NFL

NDSUSR
12-07-2020, 03:46 AM
and he won the SDSU game on a 70+ yarder

813 yards 12 touchdowns in 2019 is pretty pimp and going to a FBS team instead of playing spring fcs ball will help him next year for the NFL
Nobody was talking about any SDSU game you delusional moron.
Just admit you are wrong again and move on.

El_Chapo
12-07-2020, 05:30 AM

you made it sound like he was a scrub. . he was far from it and we will miss him

MankatoBison
12-07-2020, 04:00 PM
you made it sound like he was a scrub. . he was far from it and we will miss him

Lakes is correct. Cofield was good- we will miss him- best of luck to him, hope he tears it up down there

Twincitybizon
12-07-2020, 05:17 PM
Lakes is correct. Cofield was good- we will miss him- best of luck to him, hope he tears it up down there

Cofield did the dirty work. Ran hard all the time. Hope he suceeds

HandoEX
12-07-2020, 05:22 PM
Just sayin...

Just sayin what? Every player has a bad game or two. Cofield was a very good back for us and he’ll definitely be missed.

EC8CH
12-07-2020, 05:23 PM
Just sayin what? Every player has a bad game or two. Cofield was a very good back for us and he’ll definitely be missed.

Loved that guy's attitude... no nonsense bruiser.

unbison
12-09-2020, 10:58 AM

Unsure that you are in the field of egilible candidates to call anyone delusional

Gully
12-09-2020, 11:07 AM
He was a good player for us and would be nice to have because of his size relative to some of our smaller backs. That said, he's not an NFL back and I don't see how moving to Western Kentucky helps that. I don't think WKU is a hotbed of NFL prospects.

The only thing I could see is if he thinks he's going to get 25 carries a game, which wasn't going to happen at NDSU because of the other explosive backs on the roster. I just don't see him being in the NFL, but whaterver, best of luck to him.

Gully
12-09-2020, 11:08 AM
We'll always have the long 4th down TD against SDSU.

THEsocalledfan
12-09-2020, 01:20 PM
So, how many players come into NDSU thinking they will play in the NFL? That playing in the NFL is their top priority? I honestly find that kind of disturbing, as they then lose focus on the absolute gift they are being given; a top notch higher education. (Also the reason I think paying players is silly; although I have less consternation about image/likeness)

I would like to think if I played college football my top priority would have simply to be the best player I could be, without losing focus on getting my degree. Due to this, the vast majority of these transfers seem silly to me, but to each their own, I guess. All they are doing is likely hurting their education and doing nothing to further their NFL delusion. Jabil is the only exception I've seen so far.

What am I missing?

BattleBorn
12-09-2020, 01:38 PM
So, how many players come into NDSU thinking they will play in the NFL? That playing in the NFL is their top priority? I honestly find that kind of disturbing, as they then lose focus on the absolute gift they are being given; a top notch higher education. (Also the reason I think paying players is silly; although I have less consternation about image/likeness)

I would like to think if I played college football my top priority would have simply to be the best player I could be, without losing focus on getting my degree. Due to this, the vast majority of these transfers seem silly to me, but to each their own, I guess. All they are doing is likely hurting their education and doing nothing to further their NFL delusion. Jabil is the only exception I've seen so far.

What am I missing?

I can't comment on what players think, or whether the NFL is top priority for guys coming here. But, if I had the talent to be a D1 athlete, I am quite certain I would have the ego to think I had a chance for the top level, regardless of the sport.

El_Chapo
12-09-2020, 01:49 PM
I can't comment on what players think, or whether the NFL is top priority for guys coming here. But, if I had the talent to be a D1 athlete, I am quite certain I would have the ego to think I had a chance for the top level, regardless of the sport.

THIS ^^ they all think they can go to the NFL.

BattleBorn
12-09-2020, 02:13 PM
THIS ^^ they all think they can go to the NFL.

I think to be that good, you almost have to have that attitude/ego.

tony
12-09-2020, 02:39 PM
We'll always have the long 4th down TD against SDSU.

https://youtu.be/sbs_5odKVqg?t=132

(I can embed youtube videos but they always start at the beginning - I can't figure out how to embed youtube videos that start at a certain point.)

BTW, I was looking for a highlight of the 88-yard TD pass that Trey Lance threw to Josh Babicz against Western Illinois - it didn't even make the highlight package for that game. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZYdVdHfWXo

GreenfieldBison
12-09-2020, 02:58 PM
If you right click on the video as it is playing the pop up menu should have a "Copy video URL at current time" item. Have you tried that?

tony
12-09-2020, 03:04 PM
If you right click on the video as it is playing the pop up menu should have a "Copy video URL at current time" item. Have you tried that?

Yeah, I put a link there for that, but I can't embed it so you see the preview like you do for the WIU v NDSU highlights.

So it looks like this: https://youtu.be/sbs_5odKVqg?t=132

El_Chapo
09-17-2021, 02:50 AM
10 carries for 40 yards and 1 catch for ADAM in the 1 game I saw for him.
best of luck to the former bison i say.

56BISON73
09-17-2021, 03:51 AM
10 carries for 40 yards and 1 catch for ADAM in the 1 game I saw for him.
best of luck to the former bison i say.

Where did he go?

El_Chapo
09-17-2021, 04:18 AM
where did he go?

wku ...............

OrygunBison
09-17-2021, 05:05 AM
Where did he go?

Exactly...

JohnnyExtacy
09-18-2021, 04:44 PM
I think he moved up to Division 1

El_Chapo
10-29-2021, 02:06 PM
Adam is #1 RB now.

15 carries 74 yards and 1 TD last saturday
2 catches 24 yards

westnodak93bison
10-30-2021, 01:24 AM
#fbs

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Uffda
10-30-2021, 02:28 AM
Adam is #1 RB now.

2 catches 24 yards

Right on! Good on'em.

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
10-30-2021, 03:27 AM
Adam is #1 RB now.

2 catches 24 yardsGreat. Any bison that can make it at the next level should be encouraged to move on, if NDSU chooses to stay in this joke of a division.
Develop at NDSU and get the fuck out.
The bison can be the new minor leagues for the FBS.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

El_Chapo
12-02-2021, 03:03 PM
Cofield has 5 Tds and 500 total yards this season splitting carries with 3 others.

he plays Friday 7pm on CBS sports network in CUSA Championship game in San Antonio!

SDbison
12-02-2021, 03:28 PM
Great. Any bison that can make it at the next level should be encouraged to move on, if NDSU chooses to stay in this joke of a division.
Develop at NDSU and get the fuck out.
The bison can be the new minor leagues for the FBS.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Yep, this is what FCS and most G5 schools will become. Feeder system for the P5 schools especially when they break off to form their semi pro league that plays on college campuses.

OrygunBison
12-02-2021, 05:04 PM
I've seen zero evidence that more FCS kids get poached than G5 kids. Hell, kids move between P5 schools all the time. Even a team like Alabama loses kids for a variety of reasons, most of them similar to ANY program.

Not every topic is a reason to go FBS. In fact, when you make every topic a referendum on the FCS, you water down your point...a point that I agree with.

CAS4127
12-02-2021, 09:48 PM
Well, Montana State’s starting QB is in the portal and out of the playoffs. He’s an FBS transfer. Gotta love the commitment.

56BISON73
12-02-2021, 09:51 PM
Well, Montana State’s starting QB is in the portal and out of the playoffs. He’s an FBS transfer. Gotta love the commitment.

:eek: WTF??????

NDSU92
12-02-2021, 09:56 PM

Lol if that's real that's unconscionable and I honestly hope he never plays another down of football again. They have a playoff game in 46 hours and he's the starting QB. This is getting ridiculous.

The tweet I saw makes a reference to God choosing his path lmao

WhoRepsTheLurker
12-02-2021, 10:00 PM
https://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=50589&sid=216af2ffcba182ce9e76affcd7de5c0c

Sounds like he got benched?

NDSU92
12-02-2021, 10:10 PM
I'd bench him too if he had the kind of character to quit on his team like that :)

scbison91
12-02-2021, 10:16 PM
I'd bench him too if he had the kind of character to quit on his team like that :)Then there is Cam who didn't get yhevstarting job but kept working and stayed; ready to play. He may lead the bison to the National Champiomshio.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

WeAreThePride
12-02-2021, 11:07 PM

What the fuck????????

In what fucking world does that make sense?

OrygunBison
12-02-2021, 11:12 PM

Unfortunately 2021 and beyond.

Gully
12-02-2021, 11:13 PM
What the fuck????????

I'm still trying to figure out how Dom Izzo thinks this is all great. I just don't get it. The kid will regret this and will think about it the rest of his life.

SDbison
12-02-2021, 11:52 PM
Well, Montana State’s starting QB is in the portal and out of the playoffs. He’s an FBS transfer. Gotta love the commitment. So this is what I can't believe the NCAA allowed wben they made transfers easier. A simple rule like transfers can't occur between start of fall camp and end of current teams season / playoffs would prevent this crap from happening. But the NCAA is too stupid to think about the ramifications of the changes they make.

CAS4127
12-03-2021, 12:07 AM
So this is what I can't believe the NCAA allowed wben they made transfers easier. A simple rule like transfers can't occur between start of fall camp and end of current teams season / playoffs would prevent this crap from happening. But the NCAA is too stupid to think about the ramifications of the changes they make.

Its gotta be a gut punch to his “teammates”. The response will be either bad or good—don’t see any in betweens. And you can bet ETSU is gonna be head-hunting Cat’s QB now.

And no, I’m not saying dirty, just saying they will likely dial up some major blitz packages to get after and pressure Cat’s QB. Makes for an interesting subscript I guess.

westnodak93bison
12-03-2021, 12:11 AM
So this is what I can't believe the NCAA allowed wben they made transfers easier. A simple rule like transfers can't occur between start of fall camp and end of current teams season / playoffs would prevent this crap from happening. But the NCAA is too stupid to think about the ramifications of the changes they make.Gotta let the children do whatever they want.

dewey
12-03-2021, 12:12 AM
Its gotta be a gut punch to his “teammates”. The response will be either bad or good—don’t see any in betweens. And you can bet ETSU is gonna be head-hunting Cat’s QB now.

And no, I’m not saying dirty, just saying they will likely dial up some major blitz packages to get after and pressure Cat’s QB. Makes for an interesting subscript I guess.

You mean UT Martin and not ETSU, right?

Dewey

CAS4127
12-03-2021, 12:16 AM
You mean UT Martin and not ETSU, right?

Dewey

Whoever their opponent is ...

El_Chapo
12-03-2021, 02:16 AM
I'm gonna watch Cofield tomorrow night & cheer him on!

NDSU92
12-03-2021, 03:05 AM
I'm still trying to figure out how Dom Izzo thinks this is all great. I just don't get it. The kid will regret this and will think about it the rest of his life.

No he won’t, he’ll think he was screwed over and the boomer coaches had it out for him

OrygunBison
12-03-2021, 03:09 AM
No he won’t, he’ll think he was screwed over and the boomer coaches had it out for him

Maybe his baby and baby mama are in another state and he doesn't want to be more than 4 states away from them...

MankatoBison
12-03-2021, 02:29 PM
Gotta let the children do whatever they want.

but but but but but.... THE YOUTH WILL LEAD US! CHILDREN ARE THE WISEST AMONG US! (Well... at least when they agree with our preconceived notions... if they disagree with us, theyre dumb.)

To be clear, pretty shizzy decision to ditch the moment things turn south for him. but I also get that you have to look out for #1. Still doesnt pass the smell test for me

El_Chapo
12-03-2021, 07:20 PM
Don't forget to watch Cofield tonight on national tv!

NDSUBowler
12-03-2021, 07:37 PM
Don't forget to watch Cofield tonight on national tv!

Chapo, I truly do appreciate you keeping this thread on topic. I'll be watching to see how Cofield does! Wish he was still a Bison, but I am glad he is chasing his dreams and giving folks like TWill the opportunity to thrive in his absence.

TAILG8R
12-03-2021, 09:26 PM
Just heard an interesting anecdote from Kolpack on the Kolpack and Izzo podcast. He said he knows for a fact one NDSU player(not sure what year) that entered the portal asked to come back and was told absolutely not. He made it sound like that is the stance at NDSU. If you enter the portal it's thanks for your time and good luck elsewhere. Which I have to say I was happy to hear.

56BISON73
12-03-2021, 09:31 PM
Just heard an interesting anecdote from Kolpack on the Kolpack and Izzo podcast. He said he knows for a fact one NDSU player(not sure what year) that entered the portal asked to come back and was told absolutely not. He made it sound like that is the stance at NDSU. If you enter the portal it's thanks for your time and good luck elsewhere. Which I have to say I was happy to hear.

I agree. .....

NDSUBowler
12-03-2021, 09:34 PM

Good. You make a choice like that, you get to live with it

OrygunBison
12-03-2021, 11:47 PM
That gives me an odd warm and fuzzy feeling...

CAS4127
12-03-2021, 11:53 PM

Hayes maybe?

El_Chapo
12-04-2021, 12:55 AM
Adam has 2 catches 30 yards at half.

UTSA is killing them. who would've thought UTSA would be top 25 and more relevant than NDSU 10 years ago. argh

El_Chapo
12-04-2021, 04:19 AM
Cofield ends his career on 4 catch 58 yard night.

1 good Stat for Adam. 400+ touches in his career. ZERO fumbles.

congrats on a good career.