PDA

View Full Version : Trey should stay

Pages : [1] 2

THEsocalledfan
10-03-2020, 11:21 PM
Well, I never thought I'd do a 180 in a day, but I am. He is not ready and I really think all the hype caught up with him. I think he managed to play his way out of round 1, which produces a financial reason to stay another year.

Discuss.

tjbison
10-03-2020, 11:23 PM
sure didn't help his stock, hes a great damn player but I really think he needs to gain some more experience before making the jump, and I said that before this game. 1 season as TFR doesnt make him prepared

if im wrong Ill eat crow

Bisonator98
10-03-2020, 11:26 PM
He's gone. Might not be a first round pick but he's definitely getting drafted. Not going to risk that kind of money.

ndsubison1
10-03-2020, 11:27 PM
Ya brought this up last night

IzzyFlexion
10-03-2020, 11:27 PM
I sure hope that he stays.

His maturity level was tested today. Scouts (even before the opening kickoff), were likely watching that aspect just as closely as they were his abilities. How would he handle the off season hype?

Most of his misses, if not all, were long...which is more indicative of nervousness than missing short.

El_Chapo
10-03-2020, 11:31 PM
OH NOOO GO TREY GO!

he's gone 10000% this 1 game does not define his play. Watson catches that 50 YRD TD and no one bats an eye at stats.

when he gets to Indy and measures he will land TOP 10 easily. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

he is/was worried about getting hurt as was his family... he GONE and I dont blame him

wagsabison
10-03-2020, 11:36 PM
If there are questions to his game it’s better they are raised prior to him declaring. I would hope the scouts/teams that were in attendance would give a fair assessment of what he’s looking at.

Another full season would really help him but 2020 kind of messed that up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southcliffbison
10-03-2020, 11:47 PM
OH NOOO GO TREY GO!

he's gone 10000% this 1 game does not define his play. Watson catches that 50 YRD TD and no one bats an eye at stats.

he is/was worried about getting hurt as was his family... he GONE and I dont blame him

Let's start a Zeb Noland fan club.....Chapo, you can be president.

td577
10-03-2020, 11:50 PM
He's gone. Might not be a first round pick but he's definitely getting drafted. Not going to risk that kind of money.He's going in the first round. I'll bet a lot of money on it. I'll go as far to say top 15 pick. Easy.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1st&TennBison
10-03-2020, 11:52 PM

He's not only the president..........he is a lifelong member.

GreenfieldBison
10-03-2020, 11:55 PM
Everyone here who has been employed as an NFL scout please raise your hand...

Big Bird
10-04-2020, 12:02 AM
Today's game was far from Trey's best, but he still showed exceptional athleticism and popped on a couple throws. He's not as consistent as he needs to be accuracy wise, but he has all of the tools teams look for.

Coupling his performance last year with simply getting through today healthy, he will still be a first round pick if he declares. He won't leapfrog Lawrence, but I would not be surprised to see him drafted as the 2nd-4th QB this year (along with Justin Fields and Kyle Trask, who is looking great and I think will be a first rounder).

El_Chapo
10-04-2020, 12:14 AM

DONE http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?41335-Zeb-Noland-ERA-Begins-10-3&p=1452372#post1452372

fmfantasy
10-04-2020, 12:20 AM
Unless the NFL moves the draft to like June 1 there is no way he is playing 25 plus games in fcs in 2021 then going to the draft in 2022.. that is way too much risk..

Grizzled
10-04-2020, 12:29 AM
He's going in the first round. I'll bet a lot of money on it. I'll go as far to say top 15 pick. Easy.

As a running back

ThunderDan
10-04-2020, 12:31 AM
OH NOOO GO TREY GO!

NFL scouts look at more than stats...he missed quite a few throws.
That being said, I agree, he's gone. The combine will be his chance to show his worth. There is not a guarantee that the spring season will even happen...who knows what the case will be after the winter sickness season kicks in.
He's still a top 3-4 QB in the draft no matter what, which is setting him up nicely for some $$$
Would be dumb for him to risk getting hurt over a possible spring season.

ThunderDan
10-04-2020, 12:35 AM
DONE http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?41335-Zeb-Noland-ERA-Begins-10-3&p=1452372#post1452372

How cool would it be for Zeb to have an insane season, and get drafted?
Long shot , I know, but he stuck it out, and knew that he wasn't gonna play...until COVID happened. Now he has a chance to prove himself. The world works in mysterious ways sometimes. If he plays spring games (assuming they happen) and tears it up and we win another title, he could possibly get drafted. (although later rounds I'm sure)
We have history of QB's, so NFL scouts take that into account!
What other school could say their last 4 QB's all got drafted in the NFL?
Would be a pretty cool story

Best of luck to him!

MinotBison
10-04-2020, 01:30 AM
That being said, I agree, he's gone. The combine will be his chance to show his worth. There is not a guarantee that the spring season will even happen...who knows what the case will be after the winter sickness season kicks in.
He's still a top 3-4 QB in the draft no matter what, which is setting him up nicely for some $$$

What are the dates for the NFL combine again?

turkeybucket
10-04-2020, 06:00 AM
We live in strange times.

I think Trey is a future NFL QB.

I think Trey isn't ready to be an NFL QB for a couple years.

I have no idea what I would do if I was Trey.

ByeSonBusiness
10-04-2020, 06:03 AM

I wouldnt say he's top 3-4 no matter what. There are a lot of QB's playing this fall. The assumption was that he would be playing and maintaining a high level of play. Lots of guys are getting their shot at doing that now.

He may still end up being a top 3-4 guy, but thats not a certainty.

El_Chapo
10-04-2020, 06:11 AM
Gil Brandt NFL guru says Top 15 Draft pick even after today and possibly higher after the combine/work outs

Gil was right on Wentz. so. Bye bye Trey

123Gobison
10-04-2020, 06:47 AM
OH NOOO GO TREY GO!

I totally agree with you.

ndsubison1
10-04-2020, 06:53 AM
Someone will take a chance on him. He will likely sit behind someone next year.

JMB
10-04-2020, 12:51 PM
So... Since we have zero control... What is the "stay vs. go" tipping point? I would argue... Lower than 2nd round, I would think about staying.... If I thought I had more to learn. Thoughts?

marenlee
10-04-2020, 01:53 PM
Everything I’ve read and watched so far says this one game really didn’t change anything. Todd McShay still has Fields and Lance as 2a and 2b

1st&TennBison
10-04-2020, 02:07 PM
Everything I’ve read and watched so far says this one game really didn’t change anything. Todd McShay still has Fields and Lance as 2a and 2b

Yeah, but Todd McShay isn't going to be the one drafting and paying him. Not trying to knock TL. If you owned any business........would you be willing to hand out 1st round money to a kid who played basically 1 year of college football? Someone might do it, but most NFL teams follow what is called the Parcells Rule for drafting QBs. Trey is a great athlete who can throw the ball, but is he actually a great QB.......YET?

HerdBot
10-04-2020, 02:09 PM
It's all about experience. Leaving for the NFL with only 1 season as a college QB rarely happens for a reason. NFL teams can't afford to draft a high 1st rounder and sit them for 2 years. Some teams can

ndsubison1
10-04-2020, 02:40 PM

Ppl are focusing way too much on the game yesterday. Scouts care more about his talent and potential. He can always sit a year or 2 in the NFL

1998braves64
10-04-2020, 03:17 PM
Ppl are focusing way too much on the game yesterday. Scouts care more about his talent and potential. He can always sit a year or 2 in the NFLBut if you wait a year and increase your stock. After yesterday if I was a scout watching that game I'd want to see more again before telling my team this guy has NFL caliber talent but that's me.

He has talent I think he'll go this spring but he really is going to need a year or two behind someone before he could shine. If they need him to start right away could be a disaster.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

MAKBison
10-04-2020, 03:31 PM
He needs to decide if wants to be a solid 1st round pick or a possible #1 overall qb pick. If the later he waits till next year. It's that simple. At this point it's about the other qb in this years draft. What it is not about is yesterday's game.

Now with that being said, extra curricular activities could change things tho .....he is under a microscope and everything he does off the field will be looked at

JMB
10-04-2020, 04:38 PM
One of the advantages of staying (if he can improve his stock) is that the higher pick you are, the longer your leash. Very few teams will give up on a first round draft pick after a year. (For God's sake look at Treadwell). Now part of that is you were really good to start with but part of that is the equity the team has in you.

heffray
10-04-2020, 04:40 PM
When in doubt, take the money. Trey should go and I wouldn’t blame him at all.

roadwarrior
10-04-2020, 05:22 PM
Waiting a year will basically add two seasons of college playing experience. Right now is it 17 games. By the end of the 2021 season it could be 45. Not saying he should wait, that is all his own decision to make.

gizmo
10-04-2020, 05:38 PM
Ppl are focusing way too much on the game yesterday. Scouts care more about his talent and potential. He can always sit a year or 2 in the NFL

TL has an extremely thin body of work to rate as a high draft pick and big $ immediately from an NFL team. Yesterday’s game counts a lot because it was TL’s big showcase and it was all about him. He needed to dominate with his arm and he did not do that very effectively. He certainly didn’t do much to improve his draft stock as an NFL quarterback. I love how Lance plays but let’s be honest, he was QB on the best team in FCS history and he had a lot of help building those stats. He has a lot to prove in the combine and other workouts before the NFL goes bonkers over him.

And then there is now the fact that Trey brings some unwanted baggage with his outspoken social activism. Like it ir not, the NFL would rather avoid controversy. With all of their posturing to support BLM, they are not looking to alienate any more fans.

td577
10-04-2020, 06:16 PM
TL has an extremely thin body of work to rate as a high draft pick and big $ immediately from an NFL team. Yesterday’s game counts a lot because it was TL’s big showcase and it was all about him. He needed to dominate with his arm and he did not do that very effectively. He certainly didn’t do much to improve his draft stock as an NFL quarterback. I love how Lance plays but let’s be honest, he was QB on the best team in FCS history and he had a lot of help building those stats. He has a lot to prove in the combine and other workouts before the NFL goes bonkers over him.

And then there is now the fact that Trey brings some unwanted baggage with his outspoken social activism. Like it ir not, the NFL would rather avoid controversy. With all of their posturing to support BLM, they are not looking to alienate any more fans.Add yourself to the group that does not get it.

Top 15 pick in 2021 draft with no other games played in college. Will not be back as it takes too long to make that kind of money up.

Yesterday's game meant next to nothing.

MAKBison
10-04-2020, 06:29 PM
Add yourself to the group that does not get it.

Top 15 pick in 2021 draft with no other games played in college. Will not be back as it takes too long to make that kind of money up.

Agreed TD. It's up to TL does he want to try be the 1 top qb pick tho. That wont happen this year, but looking at next year's QBs it could. Does he trade top 15 money for possible top 3 money...1st qb drafted. I know what I would do, but it is an interesting added dynamic.

Again yesterday's game means very little in all of this.

THEsocalledfan
10-04-2020, 10:26 PM
The reason I did a 180 on this is NFL teams are rarely patient when they draft a QB really, really high. I think that is a HUGE danger for Trey that could shorten his career as I suspect he would need 2-3 years of time to mature. His is simply not ready to play early and I think there is a real risk it would shorten his career. Carson was a completely different situation as a 5th year senior with both more games and wisdom age brings under his belt.

I thought it was NUTS for anyone to advise him staying, but I am now firmly on that bandwagon.

99Bison
10-05-2020, 02:25 AM
Two options...
Stay and take out insurance policy for 1st round money for injury and try to be #1 overall in 22.
OR
Go now and take what you can get.

HerdThat!
10-05-2020, 02:43 AM
That game does not hurt him as much as people want to think
He’s EASILY STILL a top 10 pick - there were over 20 teams there, look at the other QBs that have been drafted in the first round the last couple years, like Jordan Love, Daniel Jones, Drew Lock, Haskins, etc - without trying the talk with green and yellow colored lenses, I’d take Trey after a game like yesterday’s over all those guys in a heartbeat.
And the game was stuff that’s correctable pretty quickly like over throwing a couple guys; where Trey is going solidify his value and hype is when it comes to demonstrating the mental aspect/reading defenses/leadership/intelligence/humbleness/ all on top of his ceiling skill set.
The game obviously didn’t go as expected, and more than just on him, but I don’t believe it hurt him anywhere near as much as folks want to think the game itself did.

HerdBot
10-05-2020, 04:26 AM
The reason I did a 180 on this is NFL teams are rarely patient when they draft a QB really, really high. I think that is a HUGE danger for Trey that could shorten his career as I suspect he would need 2-3 years of time to mature. His is simply not ready to play early and I think there is a real risk it would shorten his career. Carson was a completely different situation as a 5th year senior with both more games and wisdom age brings under his belt.

I thought it was NUTS for anyone to advise him staying, but I am not firmly on that bandwagon.

If you are going to be anywhere in the first round you take the money, but understand your odds of success go down big time without a year to learn

But if you think 2nd round... might be worth playing

El_Chapo
10-05-2020, 05:05 AM
Trey was already gone, he knew it

gizmo
10-05-2020, 12:57 PM
Add yourself to the group that does not get it.

The “game meant next to nothing”? There were 25 NFL scouts there to see Trey Lance. It was probably the most important game, draft wise, of his college career.

tony
10-05-2020, 01:01 PM
If he is confident that he is going in the first round, it's not much of decision.

It's a win-win. If he declares for the draft and goes in the first round, that's a huge win for the program. If he stays, well, duh - the guy is one of the greatest play makers I've ever seen.

wan2bqb
10-05-2020, 01:03 PM
Honestly guys Treys's game yesterday was most likely the best thing that could happen to him. Sliding from 2nd overall QB drafted to 3-5th qb drafted could be the difference between playing for a bottom dweller or getting drafted by a team that is going to be looking for a replacement for their star QB a couple years down the road. (Pittsburgh, Green Bay, New Orleans, New England....) Im not sure one bad game will scare off teams with great talent scouts like the perennial powerhouses. But may save him from being drafted by a team struggling to surround him with talent.

Bisonator98
10-05-2020, 01:22 PM
Honestly guys Treys's game yesterday was most likely the best thing that could happen to him. Sliding from 2nd overall QB drafted to 3-5th qb drafted could be the difference between playing for a bottom dweller or getting drafted by a team that is going to be looking for a replacement for their star QB a couple years down the road. (Pittsburgh, Green Bay, New Orleans, New England....) Im not sure one bad game will scare off teams with great talent scouts like the perennial powerhouses. But may save him from being drafted by a team struggling to surround him with talent.

This is a solid take, could definitely see a team with an aging QB picking later in the first taking him to sit for a year maybe 2. Would be a perfect situation for him to take over the Steelers or Colts in a couple years.

Bison03
10-05-2020, 04:32 PM
I predict Trey gets drafted top 10 easy. He has played his last game as a Bison. Hate to see him go but man, what a ride!

1st&TennBison
10-05-2020, 05:00 PM
The “game meant next to nothing”? There were 25 NFL scouts there to see Trey Lance. It was probably the most important game, draft wise, of his college career.

Agreed, if the game meant nothing, then the scouts would not have been there. They would have been someplace else thinking to themselves they know all there is to know about TL. Makes me think of the Airplane movie where the guy is saying "move along, nothing to see here" as explosions are going off all around him. If the game meant nothing, then the NFL combine would mean nothing as well, but I bet TL goes to that. There is no such thing to NFL teams to make them think there is no downside to anything a potential prospect does or does not do. TL's stock can go up or down in a flash based on the lack of time he has had to prove himself. That being said......I still think he is a first rounder, but late in the first round is my guess. QBs like Carson Wentz and Steve McNair had college careers to justify high first round picks, TL had a college pit stop.

EC8CH
10-05-2020, 05:03 PM
Agreed, if the game meant nothing, then the scouts would not have been there. They would have been someplace else thinking to themselves they know all there is to know about TL. Makes me think of the Airplane movie where the guy is saying "move along, nothing to see here" as explosions are going off all around him. If the game meant nothing, then the NFL combine would mean nothing as well, but I bet TL goes to that. There is no such thing to NFL teams to make them think there is no downside to anything a potential prospect does or does not do. TL's stock can go up or down in a flash based on the lack of time he has had to prove himself. That being said......I still think he is a first rounder, but late in the first round is my guess. QBs like Carson Wentz and Steve McNair had college careers to justify high first round picks, TL had a college pit stop.

Anything in the 1st round and I'll still be shaking my head wondering if this is real life. 3 straight drafted QB's and 2 in the 1st round?!?! I think that would be the craziest prediction you could have made prior to the move to D1.

Championships are dominating at the FCS level. Straight FBS wins are competing at the next level up. The success NDSU has had sending QB's to the NFL is something top end FBS schools would struggle to keep up with. And with the offense NDSU runs that isn't a showcase for QB's, it's just nuts.

Kevin
10-05-2020, 05:33 PM
Anything in the 1st round and I'll still be shaking my head wondering if this is real life. 3 straight drafted QB's and 2 in the 1st round?!?! I think that would be the craziest prediction you could have made prior to the move to D1.

Championships are dominating at the FCS level. Straight FBS wins are competing at the next level up. The success NDSU has had sending QB's to the NFL is something top end FBS schools would struggle to keep up with. And with the offense NDSU runs that isn't a showcase for QB's, it's just nuts.

Hedberg deserves a statue in the new FBS stadium Lakes is fundraising for.

1st&TennBison
10-05-2020, 05:35 PM

4 straight QBs with pro football experience.

EC8CH
10-05-2020, 05:35 PM
Hedberg deserves a statue in the new FBS stadium Lakes is fundraising for.

Absolutely he does.

EC8CH
10-05-2020, 05:39 PM
4 straight QBs with pro football experience.

By luck or skill they've nailed the recruiting timelines. Hopefully NDSU can recover from Lance's success and early exit as I'm sure this throws off the succession plans. Landing Zeb as a transfer is a nice safety net but it definitely wasn't part of the plan as without Covid the timelines wouldn't have worked out.

oldmantutters
10-05-2020, 05:53 PM
Honestly guys Treys's game yesterday was most likely the best thing that could happen to him. Sliding from 2nd overall QB drafted to 3-5th qb drafted could be the difference between playing for a bottom dweller or getting drafted by a team that is going to be looking for a replacement for their star QB a couple years down the road. (Pittsburgh, Green Bay, New Orleans, New England....) Im not sure one bad game will scare off teams with great talent scouts like the perennial powerhouses. But may save him from being drafted by a team struggling to surround him with talent.Would love to see him go to Minny and sit for a year behind Kirk a la Mahomes in KC.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

heffray
10-05-2020, 06:08 PM
Would love to see him go to Minny and sit for a year behind Kirk a la Mahomes in KC.

Cousins does not strike me as the type of guy to bring a young QB under his wing with the intention of helping him take away his job. That’s literally why he left Washington on not good terms.

EC8CH
10-05-2020, 06:16 PM
Cousins does not strike me as the type of guy to bring a young QB under his wing with the intention of helping him take away his job. That’s literally why he left Washington on not good terms.

And really Cousins? That's an ideal mentor?

heffray
10-05-2020, 06:20 PM
And really Cousins? That's an ideal mentor?

I wasn't even going to go there, but also agree with this. He would have to be willing to do this first, but even then, yeah, not the guy I would pick.

Professor Chaos
10-05-2020, 06:33 PM
It was? I don't recall Washington having any future QB while he was there. They traded for Alex Smith in 2018 to be their starter after it was evident that Cousins wouldn't be returning. I'd say his divorce with Washington had more to do with them being unable to come to a long term contractual agreement with each other. I don't think either side regrets their decision given how the last 2+ seasons have gone for each.

In any case I've never heard of Cousins being a bad mentor because he's never really been in a position to be a mentor by my recollection.

oldmantutters
10-05-2020, 06:58 PM
It was? I don't recall Washington having any future QB while he was there. They traded for Alex Smith in 2018 to be their starter after it was evident that Cousins wouldn't be returning. I'd say his divorce with Washington had more to do with them being unable to come to a long term contractual agreement with each other. I don't think either side regrets their decision given how the last 2+ seasons have gone for each.

In any case I've never heard of Cousins being a bad mentor because he's never really been in a position to be a mentor by my recollection.

Agreed. Also, I don't know if I'd say Alex Smith was signed to be a mentor for Mahomes.

heffray
10-05-2020, 08:01 PM

I must be misremembering the situation but I thought there was a young QB there who was struggling.

Professor Chaos
10-05-2020, 08:28 PM
I must be misremembering the situation but I thought there was a young QB there who was struggling.
I think Colt McCoy was Cousins' backup his entire career in Washington but McCoy is actually older the Cousins and I don't think anyone in Washington thought of McCoy as their future QB.

NDSUstudent
10-05-2020, 08:29 PM
I'd be more concerned with Trey getting killed behind the Vikings OL than Kirk or whoever mentoring him the right way.

TAILG8R
10-05-2020, 08:57 PM

Kirk was drafted and sat behind RGIII for a few years. I remember everyone wondering why they drafted Cousins when they had RGIII.

heffray
10-05-2020, 09:00 PM
Kirk was drafted and sat behind RGIII for a few years. I remember everyone wondering why they drafted Cousins when they had RGIII.

This sounds more familiar.

123Gobison
10-05-2020, 09:59 PM
Well, I never thought I'd do a 180 in a day, but I am. He is not ready and I really think all the hype caught up with him. I think he managed to play his way out of round 1, which produces a financial reason to stay another year.

Discuss.

You should definitely go.

EC8CH
10-05-2020, 10:20 PM
I'm a big Lance fan but I will say he has higher bust potential then Wentz did as a first rounder. That's not to say I think he will be, but with Wentz I thought the chance was basically 0%. If Trey did stick around for a couple more years I might have that same level of confidence, but after 1 year, I'm just not that sure.

td577
10-05-2020, 10:27 PM
The “game meant next to nothing”? There were 25 NFL scouts there to see Trey Lance. It was probably the most important game, draft wise, of his college career.Absolutely wasn't the most important anything of his career. The scouts had nothing but time and came to see with their own eyes if the hype is real and that is exactly what they saw. Identified open receivers. Check. Effortlessly flicked the ball downfield 70 yards. Check. Ran through, away from, and over defenders. Check. Picked up the blitz. Check. Move fluidly for a big young man. Check. Win a game. Check. Every mistake was correctable. Check.

There are idiots who think he had to throw for 600 yards and 7 TDs to move the needle. The needle was already moved. He confirmed everything after not playing a game for 9 months.

Nothing changed after Saturday. Lance probably gained a few more teams that just got way more serious about him and not just passive observers. He will not fall below 15.

EC8CH
10-05-2020, 10:41 PM
Absolutely wasn't the most important anything of his career. The scouts had nothing but time and came to see with their own eyes if the hype is real and that is exactly what they saw. Identified open receivers. Check. Effortlessly flicked the ball downfield 70 yards. Check. Ran through, away from, and over defenders. Check. Picked up the blitz. Check. Move fluidly for a big young man. Check. Win a game. Check. Every mistake was correctable. Check.

There are idiots who think he had to throw for 600 yards and 7 TDs to move the needle. The needle was already moved. He confirmed everything after not playing a game for 9 months.

Nothing changed after Saturday. Lance probably gained a few more teams that just got way more serious about him and not just passive observers. He will not fall below 15.

So is the next Bison football related event we have to look forward to is Trey's ProDay and the NFL Combine?

No_Skill
10-05-2020, 10:50 PM
Carson Wentz in the Super Bowl.

NDSUstudent
10-05-2020, 10:59 PM
I'm a big Lance fan but I will say he has higher bust potential then Wentz did as a first rounder. That's not to say I think he will be, but with Wentz I thought the chance was basically 0%. If Trey did stick around for a couple more years I might have that same level of confidence, but after 1 year, I'm just not that sure.

Yeah, with Carson he played games where he put the team on his back and just won the game. The UNI game is where I knew that Carson was a not just a possible NFL prospect but elite level talent. Trey hasn't really had to deal with much adversity. The talent is obviously there, he played basically flawless football for a season...just a shame he didn't get some opportunities like the Oregon game.

td577
10-05-2020, 11:45 PM
So is the next Bison football related event we have to look forward to is Trey's ProDay and the NFL Combine?I hope there is a lot more.

El_Chapo
10-06-2020, 02:29 AM
Brian Hoyer, Nick Foles, Haskins, Teddy B...some truly horrible QBs playing this weekend

Trey is better than the bottom 1/3 qbs in NFL already

steelbison
10-06-2020, 02:07 PM
Absolutely wasn't the most important anything of his career. The scouts had nothing but time and came to see with their own eyes if the hype is real and that is exactly what they saw. Identified open receivers. Check. Effortlessly flicked the ball downfield 70 yards. Check. Ran through, away from, and over defenders. Check. Picked up the blitz. Check. Move fluidly for a big young man. Check. Win a game. Check. Every mistake was correctable. Check.

You forgot the most important aspect of a QB. Accurate passer. He was awful in that department. Windows are very tight in the NFL and he struggled most of the day hitting guys who were wide open. I expected him to be much improved in that department because he’s had a ton of time to prepare. What did he pass for in The championship game against a good defense? 72 yards passing. Love Mr Lance. Wish him the best. But he needs to develop into a more consistent passer and will struggle bigtime at the NFL level right now. He can run but he is not dynamic like a Lamar Jackson

EC8CH
10-06-2020, 02:29 PM
You forgot the most important aspect of a QB. Accurate passer. He was awful in that department. Windows are very tight in the NFL and he struggled most of the day hitting guys who were wide open. I expected him to be much improved in that department because he’s had a ton of time to prepare. What did he pass for in The championship game against a good defense? 72 yards passing. Love Mr Lance. Wish him the best. But he needs to develop into a more consistent passer and will struggle bigtime at the NFL level right now. He can run but he is not dynamic like a Lamar Jackson

He had a couple of dimes that were dropped, but overall I'd agree his accuracy was off that game.

THEsocalledfan
10-06-2020, 04:30 PM

Entire reason I started this thread. I just don't think if I'm a NFL GM that I take him in round 1 right now UNLESS, I have a situation I can sit him at least 2 years behind a good starter. Most that draft a QB high don't fit that description.

Professor Chaos
10-06-2020, 05:08 PM
I don't think NFL scouts value accuracy as much as other things like arm strength and mobility. Maybe it's because they think their coaches can teach accuracy but they can't teach arm strength or athleticism. QBs like Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson had accuracy concerns out of college and they're now thriving in the NFL. Another thing to keep in mind is Trey is only 20 years old and he won't even turn 21 until after the draft. Wentz was 23 when he was drafted. The fact that he's still developing but already this skilled means the big "p" word will drive his stock higher than a comparably skilled QB like Wentz or Stick who weren't drafted until after their 5th year of college football.

TAILG8R
10-06-2020, 07:30 PM
https://twitter.com/MelKiperESPN/status/1313491020454256651?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1313491020454256651%7Ctwgr% 5Eshare_3&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.inforum.com%2Fbison-media-zone%2Fmens-sports%2Ffootball%2F6705205-NFL-Draft-gurus-Kiper-McShay-disagree-on-Bison-QB-Lances-stock-after-Central-Arkansas-game

td577
10-06-2020, 08:01 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIt isn't the most important aspect. I didn't forget accuracy, I completely ignored it just like the scouts right now. It is correctable. I mentioned that.

You can't teach athleticism. You can't teach having a cannon for a arm. Even his interception was a Elway/Favre like dart thrown completely effortlessly. Sure it should have been a touch throw over the top but even his mistakes are impressive.

He overthrows receivers falling backwards by 20 yards while they are 45 yards downfield. NFL GMs aren't worried about drafting him too high, they are worried about missing out.

I would love to see him play more college football. Certainly there is still a lot to learn at the QB position. I also have no problem comprehending the hype is going to get blown up even more and someone will pull the trigger with a top 15 pick. I also think I'm giving myself a lot of wiggle room.

Potential is the most important aspect of any position.

EC8CH
10-06-2020, 08:27 PM
It isn't the most important aspect. I didn't forget accuracy, I completely ignored it just like the scouts right now. It is correctable. I mentioned that.

You can't teach athleticism. You can't teach having a cannon for a arm. Even his interception was a Elway/Favre like dart thrown completely effortlessly. Sure it should have been a touch throw over the top but even his mistakes are impressive.

He overthrows receivers falling backwards by 20 yards while they are 45 yards downfield. NFL GMs aren't worried about drafting him too high, they are worried about missing out.

I would love to see him play more college football. Certainly there is still a lot to learn at the QB position. I also have no problem comprehending the hype is going to get blown up even more and someone will pull the trigger with a top 15 pick. I also think I'm giving myself a lot of wiggle room.

Potential is the most important aspect of any position.

Pretty remarkable how far he is now as a passer. Wasn't highly trained as a QB coming out of High School which likely explains the FBS schools recruiting him only at other positions. After only one redshirt year in College he looked so effortless moving around in the pocket and throwing bombs downfield. He's either an extremely quick learner or a natural talent at QB, or both I guess.

td577
10-06-2020, 09:13 PM
Pretty remarkable how far he is now as a passer. Wasn't highly trained as a QB coming out of High School which likely explains the FBS schools recruiting him only at other positions. After only one redshirt year in College he looked so effortless moving around in the pocket and throwing bombs downfield. He's either an extremely quick learner or a natural talent at QB, or both I guess.He put on like 25 pounds in the past year alone. I think a lot of FBS schools would like a do-over. He still would be leaving early.

NDSUBowler
10-06-2020, 09:39 PM
And away he goes!

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1313591913078034437

Breaking: North Dakota State QB Trey Lance (@treylance09
) is declaring for the 2021 NFL Draft. He tells @YahooSports
he's leaving NDSU to focus on training. Lance is a projected first-round pick and the most intriguing prospect in the upcoming draft.

EC8CH
10-06-2020, 09:41 PM
And away he goes!

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1313591913078034437

Breaking: North Dakota State QB Trey Lance (@treylance09
) is declaring for the 2021 NFL Draft. He tells @YahooSports
he's leaving NDSU to focus on training. Lance is a projected first-round pick and the most intriguing prospect in the upcoming draft.

NDSU just had a redshirt sophomore QB declare for the NFL draft because he is a first round prospect after playing only 1 year and winning just about every award possible.... let that sink in.

Herd
10-06-2020, 10:03 PM
Trey’s biggest opportunity is the combine, standing next to and competing directly vs Fields. He’ll move up to #2.

Gully
10-06-2020, 10:10 PM
Good luck to Trey, I hope he's wildly successful and makes tens of millions of dollars.

Next man up.

Good thing we have Zeb for the next two seasons (hopefully) packed together! Hopefully we can get back to being the Bison as a team and not so much focused on one player. I felt similarly when Carson left....too many people standing around waiting for the star to make a play.

We should be good in the spring, but we'll need to be more successful running with the RBs than we were on Saturday.

I'll sure be watching the draft with more interest than usual this spring!

Kingslayer
10-06-2020, 10:21 PM
Don't rip Teddy, hes a damn good QB. Cam was injured so Hoyer doesn't count

Kingslayer
10-06-2020, 10:22 PM
Dumb decision, but best of luck to him. I'll be cheering for him no doubt. Three Bison QBs in the league. Incredible!

Jay
10-06-2020, 10:30 PM
Dumb decision, but best of luck to him. I'll be cheering for him no doubt. Three Bison QBs in the league. Incredible!

Dumb? Please elaborate lol

Also this thread needs a new title.

MNLonghorn10
10-06-2020, 10:33 PM
Hope the Vikings scoop him up!

EC8CH
10-06-2020, 10:37 PM
Trey’s biggest opportunity is the combine, standing next to and competing directly vs Fields. He’ll move up to #2.

This is now the game. Unlike Wentz I don't think he'll be in the discussion to surpass Lawrence and be the first off the board, but being QB2 is his target until draft day.

BisonTru
10-06-2020, 10:38 PM

Discuss.

Hey could have had around 25 games under his belt to stay around another year. He definitely shoulda stayed. He's not ready imho. Hopefully he gets paid, and I hope I am wrong.

Best of luck regardless. Once a Bison always a Bison.

marenlee
10-06-2020, 10:39 PM
Hope the Vikings scoop him up!

Haha. You know the Vikes don't sign NDSU players.

heffray
10-06-2020, 10:40 PM
Happy for Trey. Excited to see where he lands and what he does.

gumby013
10-06-2020, 11:02 PM
I’d say he signs with an agent in the next 48 hours.

Kevin
10-06-2020, 11:18 PM
I think this is a bad decision now that it's official. But I'm not upset about it. Rather indifferent actually.

Those who stay will be Champions.

Bisonator98
10-06-2020, 11:18 PM
Good luck to Trey! Gonna be fun watching another Bison in the NFL. Unbelievable that NDSU will have their last 3 QB's drafted!

Bisonator98
10-06-2020, 11:21 PM
All you idiots saying it's a bad decision, tell me you wouldn't make the same if you were him. Anybody that says they wouldn't are full of shit! He's got a shot at millions!

El_Chapo
10-06-2020, 11:24 PM
All you idiots saying it's a bad decision, tell me you wouldn't make the same if you were him. Anybody that says they wouldn't are full of shit! He's got a shot at millions!

its embarassing for anyone to say its dumb or he should stay.

Trey was a robot last year, Trey went to Manning camp and blew everyone away. I have it on good authority that Chicago Bears Front Office said they will take Trey NO MATTER WHAT if he is there when they pick. That's why this was an easy decision for Trey.

I say Top 5 NO Doubt. Worst Case, Chicago picks #10 or #15 or #20 he goes there

westnodak93bison
10-06-2020, 11:38 PM
He should go imho. I want to see if we can run the ball without a strong qb run threat.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

heffray
10-06-2020, 11:49 PM
its embarassing for anyone to say its dumb or he should stay.

Trey was a robot last year, Trey went to Manning camp and blew everyone away. I have it on good authority that Chicago Bears Front Office said they will take Trey NO MATTER WHAT if he is there when they pick. That's why this was an easy decision for Trey.

I say Top 5 NO Doubt. Worst Case, Chicago picks #10 or #15 or #20 he goes there

Not the worst possible outcome but DEAR GOD PLEASE NO OH NO PLEASE GOD NO.

JohnnyExtacy
10-07-2020, 12:02 AM
I think this is a bad decision now that it's official. But I'm not upset about it. Rather indifferent actually.

Those who stay will be Champions.

He's already a champion

JohnnyExtacy
10-07-2020, 12:05 AM
Trey was a robot last year, Trey went to Manning camp and blew everyone away. I have it on good authority that Chicago Bears Front Office said they will take Trey NO MATTER WHAT if he is there when they pick.

lol what

bisonaudit
10-07-2020, 12:32 AM

They had RGIII for all of a day when they picked Cousins. It was the same draft.

wagsabison
10-07-2020, 12:40 AM
Hey could have had around 25 games under his belt to stay around another year. He definitely shoulda stayed. He's not ready imho. Hopefully he gets paid, and I hope I am wrong.

Best of luck regardless. Once a Bison always a Bison.

If you’re the 3rd rated QB and the spring season is very much a question mark... you absolutely go!

Too much uncertainty in the world.

ByeSonBusiness
10-07-2020, 01:04 AM

Maybe, or maybe not. Fields looked pretty good at tOSU. Who knows if Fields even does anything at the combine.

TAILG8R
10-07-2020, 01:18 AM
They had RGIII for all of a day when they picked Cousins. It was the same draft.

Oh yeah, why did I remember that different??

bisonaudit
10-07-2020, 01:19 AM
Oh yeah, why did I remember that different??

Because most people would prefer to forget everything they can about Washington.

HerdBot
10-07-2020, 01:20 AM
That's awesome. Congrats Trey. Your team will be my 2nd or 3rd favorite NFL team by default

I'm glad he decided early too so the next QB and coaches can prep for the spring. That Zeb Nolan signing sure looks brilliant now and he gets an extra year of eligib

WeAreThePride
10-07-2020, 01:20 AM
Is what it is. Just like with Jabril, I understand why he's leaving. I'm not required to be happy about it.

NDSUstudent
10-07-2020, 01:52 AM
It was the right call, there was nothing left for him here. Maybe if there was another Oregon type of game lurking on the schedule next year I could see it and try to take a run at being #1 overall but that wasn't the case. He has nothing to gain by whopping up on some FCS puds for another year and a half.

Even if he goes in the late half of the first round, good chance he falls into a situation where he can maybe sit for a year and develop a bit more. Of course he could go to the combine and with his athleticism make scouts absolutely drool over what he can do. Excited to see how it all plays out.

NDSUSR
10-07-2020, 02:49 AM
Should close this thread and start a new one since he is now gone.

SoCalBison
10-07-2020, 03:12 AM
Good wishes to Trey. Now, let's see Zeb get it done!

NDSUSR
10-07-2020, 03:16 AM
Some pretty high praise.

https://i.imgur.com/P57ElmR.png

El_Chapo
10-07-2020, 03:25 AM
Should close this thread and start a new one since he is now gone.

well tony locked the other trey thread "greatest season ever"

maybe open that back up and move this there and clean the stupid politic posts out.

and Dez Bryant... WHOA cool shout out!

56BISON73
10-07-2020, 03:32 AM
well tony locked the other trey thread "greatest season ever"

maybe open that back up and move this there and clean the stupid politic posts out.

and Dez Bryant... WHOA cool shout out!

You really want to hitch your wagon to Dez????? :eeek::D

WeAreThePride
10-07-2020, 03:35 AM
You really want to hitch your wagon to Dez????? :eeek::D

Yeah, Dez ain't exactly the guy to whom I'd be looking up for an NFL career.

ndsubison1
10-07-2020, 04:12 AM
Hes going 1st round, probably top 15 how is that a dumb decision.

El_Chapo
10-07-2020, 04:13 AM
Yeah, Dez ain't exactly the guy to whom I'd be looking up for an NFL career.

just saying its' cool to see DEZ say that... that is all .

plus search trey lance in twitter.. amazing how many people that their names in their tagline switched to tank4trey

2011BisonAlumni
10-07-2020, 04:53 AM
Hes going 1st round, probably top 15 how is that a dumb decision.

Because he’s not even nearly ready for the NFL and playing in games means a world in terms of development.

He’s also declaring well before the FBS season even nears completion. Other guys could shoot up the draft board and he could go way down the board, especially if he has a subpar combine.

I think he really rushed this decision. As Entz said, there was no rush. Should have waited until December and saw how the FBS season shakes out.

El_Chapo
10-07-2020, 05:00 AM
Elite 11 camp he was in boasted him probably more than FCS. the Mannings were there and many NFL guys and connections. that's what happened, they all raved about him that week at camp

HerdBot
10-07-2020, 07:14 AM
Because he’s not even nearly ready for the NFL and playing in games means a world in terms of development.

He’s also declaring well before the FBS season even nears completion. Other guys could shoot up the draft board and he could go way down the board, especially if he has a subpar combine.

I think he really rushed this decision. As Entz said, there was no rush. Should have waited until December and saw how the FBS season shakes out.

I think he is making a smart decision to do it now and its courteous to give the team notice. But I do agree he is not ready so I hope he gets a year to learn. An NFL offense is a different level and you can't run the Qb in the NFL like in college

wagsabison
10-07-2020, 10:18 AM
It’s not like he’s projected as a mid round pick. He’s projected as a top 3 QB and top 15 overall. Much more to lose than gain by staying

scottietohottie
10-07-2020, 12:05 PM
Maybe he's just doing what CAS told him to do.

:hide:

And maybe bisonaudit you don't get it. Seems by the donations getting pulled maybe that video did bother some.

Nice villing with you guys. I'm going to trey Lance this place. It was a good run. Peace out.

NDSU92
10-07-2020, 12:10 PM

When does he become “ready”? After scorching another MVFC defense for the 30th time? He already had a perfect season, what does a second or third at the FCS level bring him?

You are probably right he’s not ready to step into an NFL field tomorrow and take the helm. But he will be much more ready 18 months from now if he goes to the NFL this year instead of next year.

ndsubison1
10-07-2020, 12:26 PM

Risking injury playing spring season then fall doesnt make sense

MNLonghorn10
10-07-2020, 12:33 PM
Lol @ dez.

Even with my ndsu fandom, trevor Lawrence is the best player and it really isn’t close.

Whoever picks 1 will be getting a generational QB or a generational haul of draft picks from a team looking to move up

WhoRepsTheLurker
10-07-2020, 12:38 PM
Was that # 9 the corner that he leveled in the endzone? That was sweet.

Good luck Trey Lance. It was way too ****ing short, but go shred it now in the NFL.

Oh, and wrong thread but I don’t get all the politically sensitive Bison donors pulling their support. It's a new world out there and we’re never going back. There's nothing you can do about that. What are you going to do, give your $$ to UND? If you take your anger out on your favorite FB program, you will regret it. That much is certain.

tony
10-07-2020, 12:52 PM

Good luck Trey Lance. It was way too ****ing short, but go shred it now in the NFL.

Oh, and wrong thread but I don’t get all the politically sensitive Bison donors pulling their support. It's a new world out there and we’re never going back. There's nothing you can do about that. What are you going to do, give your $$ to UND? If you take your anger out on your favorite FB program, you will regret it. That much is certain.

#9 is Robert Rochell. He had a pretty good game and is probably going to get onto an NFL roster. The trucking he took made up for his two pass break ups.

Man, I'd have liked to see Lance for four full seasons, but now that he's declared, my main concern from a fan's perspective is that he go in the first round.

CentennialBison
10-07-2020, 01:08 PM
I think if Lance got this whole season (+1 maybe) he would have been good. But yeah, this gives NDSU the opportunity to see what Zeb can do. Good luck to Lance going forward!

NDSU92
10-07-2020, 02:25 PM

Stop. Bringing. Up. Politics.

123Gobison
10-07-2020, 02:39 PM
Elite 11 camp he was in boasted him probably more than FCS. the Mannings were there and many NFL guys and connections. that's what happened, they all raved about him that week at camp

Scouts stated he had accuracy issues in Elite 11 camp, but he has a high football IQ and all the physical tools. Definately someone who can sling 60 yard rainbow. He was rusty during the game against Arkansas.

Bison Dan
10-07-2020, 03:46 PM
Scouts stated he had accuracy issues in Elite 11 camp, but he has a high football IQ and all the physical tools. Definately someone who can sling 60 yard rainbow. He was rusty during the game against Arkansas.

I think he's more accurate than CW was.

123Gobison
10-07-2020, 04:30 PM
I think he's more accurate than CW was.

With CW , accuracy was a non.issue. The leadership and Football IQ he showed during the win against Iowa State, the come back victory against Redbirds and UNI is unmatched by any QB in recent years.

Trey definitely has all those qualities, just a bit untested and raw , this is not under Trey's control. He did well based on the challenges presented to him.

Hope he does well on the Combine

mtoutfitter
10-07-2020, 04:51 PM
With CW , accuracy was a non.issue. The leadership and Football IQ he showed during the win against Iowa State, the come back victory against Redbirds and UNI is unmatched by any QB in recent years.

Trey definitely has all those qualities, just a bit untested and raw , this is not under Trey's control. He did well based on the challenges presented to him.

Hope he does well on the Combine

On the Combine?? John Deere maybe Case IH. Did you mean "at" the combine?

Kevin
10-07-2020, 04:54 PM
On the Combine?? John Deere maybe Case IH. Did you mean "at" the combine?

At least he didn't say in the combine.

ndsubison1
10-07-2020, 04:59 PM
Lol @ dez.

Even with my ndsu fandom, trevor Lawrence is the best player and it really isn’t close.

Whoever picks 1 will be getting a generational QB or a generational haul of draft picks from a team looking to move up

Dont underestimate the success dual threat QBs are having in the NFL right now. Trey fits that bill.

Kevin
10-07-2020, 05:02 PM
it's really a shame he threw that one pick in his last game. That would have been a cool legacy to leave.

EC8CH
10-07-2020, 05:43 PM
it's really a shame he threw that one pick in his last game. That would have been a cool legacy to leave.

There is but one perfect man.

Kevin
10-07-2020, 05:53 PM
There is but one perfect man.

I agree TAB is pretty awesome but perfect might be a stretch.

Remember what happened in the Cash Wise parking lot in the spring of 97?

TransAmBison
10-07-2020, 05:56 PM
I agree TAB is pretty awesome but perfect might be a stretch.

Remember what happened in the Cash Wise parking lot in the spring of 97?It was summer of '95...and the cops let me go.

Kevin
10-07-2020, 05:57 PM
It was summer of '95...and the cops let me go.

Oh right, 97 was the Video Action adult video section incident.

TransAmBison
10-07-2020, 06:01 PM
Oh right, 97 was the Video Action adult video section incident.Wrong again, spring of '97 was coming very close to getting kicked off campus or worse...luckily all hard evidence pointed elsewhere.* I miss those days.

Kevin
10-07-2020, 06:05 PM
Wrong again, spring of '97 was coming very close to getting kicked off campus or worse...luckily all hard evidence pointed elsewhere.* I miss those days.

TAB, there's security camera footage with a time stamp.

totoinfl
10-07-2020, 06:21 PM
I wouldn't be able to live with my officemate...Western Ill alum and huge Bears fan.

totoinfl
10-07-2020, 06:25 PM
It was summer of '95...and the cops let me go.

As long as no one talks about the Hornbachers parking lot winter of 81...I am safe.

Kevin
10-07-2020, 06:26 PM
As long as no one talks about the Hornbachers parking lot winter of 81...I am safe.

My "you can't be president because of....." incident also took place in a Hornbachers parking lot. It was fall of 06 though.

TransAmBison
10-07-2020, 06:49 PM
TAB, there's security camera footage with a time stamp.That's what I was counting on. Again...hard evidence pointed elsewhere...all parties knew my guilt...but the evidence pointed elsewhere. Now...it was also the reason I didn't get hired again as an RA after leaving for an internship...but it was so worth it.

heffray
10-07-2020, 06:51 PM
I’m glad we’re back to talking about important issues.

Kevin
10-07-2020, 06:53 PM
I’m glad we’re back to talking about important issues.

I’m glad ur glad.

We wouldn’t want you to quit.

Again.

Bison Dan
10-07-2020, 06:55 PM
What is the statue of limitations for those infractions.

heffray
10-07-2020, 10:03 PM
What is the statue of limitations for those infractions.

What's the statute of limitations for giving someone shit for quitting something? Asking for a friend...

td577
10-07-2020, 10:46 PM
What's the statute of limitations for giving someone shit for quitting something? Asking for a friend...Never plus 10 years.

Kevin
10-07-2020, 11:48 PM
What's the statute of limitations for giving someone shit for quitting something? Asking for a friend...

Don’t worry heffy memes eventually die.

Except the lady screaming at the cat. That’s eternal.

ByeSonBusiness
10-08-2020, 12:21 AM
Lol @ dez.

T-Law is a scary dude. It's too bad he only plays real competition like 2-3 times a year

EC8CH
10-08-2020, 07:14 PM
https://twitter.com/treylance09/status/1314271796011708422?s=20

Trey signs with an agent, CAA Football.

Think we need all of Trey's threads combined into a mega thread at some point in the near future here.

gabisonfan
10-08-2020, 08:27 PM

Think we need all of Trey's threads combined into a mega thread at some point in the near future here.

How about In "Other topics " Bison in the NFL ". He can be the catalyst too move all the guys to an easier thread to follow their careers.

EC8CH
10-08-2020, 09:00 PM
How about In "Other topics " Bison in the NFL ". He can be the catalyst too move all the guys to an easier thread to follow their careers.

How would the Wentz thread ever break 10 million if we did that?

El_Chapo
10-08-2020, 10:08 PM

YES I second this as the 3rd adjunct General of Bisonville....

open up Lance's greatest season ever thread, dump this one in it and his verbal one.

keep the big names and their threads all in 1 place

Bison20
10-08-2020, 10:25 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2021-nfl-mock-draft-three-quarterbacks-in-top-five-steelers-and-bills-add-to-stellar-defenses/

Trey pick #3 in this one ahead of fields at 4

EC8CH
10-08-2020, 10:39 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2021-nfl-mock-draft-three-quarterbacks-in-top-five-steelers-and-bills-add-to-stellar-defenses/

Trey pick #3 in this one ahead of fields at 4

Radunz at #11. When was the last time an FCS team has two first round picks in the same year?

Kevin
10-08-2020, 10:45 PM
Radunz at #11. When was the last time an FCS team has two first round picks in the same year?

I think Radunz could very well go in the top 10 as well.

EC8CH
10-08-2020, 11:16 PM
I think Radunz could very well go in the top 10 as well.

If Cox has a standout year and breaks into the first round to make it a hat trick, I don't give a shit, I'm claiming him as a Bison draft pick until the day I die.

heffray
10-09-2020, 12:01 AM
If Cox has a standout year and breaks into the first round to make it a hat trick, I don't give a shit, I'm claiming him as a Bison draft pick until the day I die.

Same. Fuckem who say otherwise.

DePereBisonFan
10-09-2020, 03:41 AM

Wow. Both will drop, but to have two picks in talks among the top 15? It's a green and yellow universe.

OrygunBison
10-09-2020, 04:27 PM
It's a green and yellow universe. Someone needs to make that into a song.

EC8CH
10-09-2020, 04:37 PM
Someone needs to make that into a song.

I'd suggest making it to the following song by the Animaniacs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_J5rBxeTIk&ab_channel=LongLe

heffray
10-09-2020, 08:41 PM
Wow. Both will drop, but to have two picks in talks among the top 15? It's a green and yellow universe.

I think Radunz may rise, but that's just me...

SafeTeeJ
10-10-2020, 01:21 AM
Is it true that some of the NDSU players had BLM “fist” stickers on their helmets??

NDSUSR
10-10-2020, 01:31 AM
Is it true that some of the NDSU players had BLM “fist” stickers on their helmets??

Yes, and it was a bitch move for Lance to do that when he knew it was his last game here. Pussy, fuck him.

8hmfc
10-10-2020, 01:33 AM

See this thread post #126

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?33923-New-Athletic-Director-Matt-Larsen/page13

EC8CH
10-10-2020, 01:43 AM
Yes, and it was a bitch move for Lance to do that when he knew it was his last game here. Pussy, fuck him.

Once a Bison, pussy fuck him.

SafeTeeJ
10-10-2020, 01:53 AM
Once a Bison, pussy fuck him.

Thanks...I am a little behind.
I would think anything on the helmet would require coach, AD, conference if not NCAA approval?
When Janice Thompson died, putting her initials on our helmets back in 86 had to go through all the approval channels.

EC8CH
10-10-2020, 02:22 AM
Thanks...I am a little behind.
I would think anything on the helmet would require coach, AD, conference if not NCAA approval?
When Janice Thompson died, putting her initials on our helmets back in 86 had to go through all the approval channels.

To be clear, I'm being sarcastic.

SafeTeeJ
10-10-2020, 02:31 AM
I wasn’t offended, or would necessarily disapprove.

EC8CH
10-10-2020, 02:57 AM
I wasn’t offended, or would necessarily disapprove.

Then the saying lacks any meaning.

SafeTeeJ
10-10-2020, 03:17 AM
Then the saying lacks any meaning.

For those outside the circle, to say the phrase...you are correct.

EC8CH
10-10-2020, 03:53 AM
For those outside the circle, to say the phrase...you are correct.

How is that exactly? This circle, I assume you mean former players.

56BISON73
10-10-2020, 04:45 PM

Not to mention their supposed message did nothing to materially effect the cause they were so concerned about. But they did create a donation short fall for TM which will effect student athletes in the future and created a divide between boosters and NDSU. . Job well done.

EC8CH
10-10-2020, 05:16 PM
Not to mention their supposed message did nothing to materially effect the cause they were so concerned about.

It's doing a good job exposing those who can't even consider they might have a message worth listening to.

Bison bison
10-10-2020, 05:18 PM
Its not the message, it's the venue.

Not sure why that is so hard to understand.

And contrary to mike mcfoolys piss poor parallelism, carson wentz was never on the scoreboard referring to his personal savior.

EC8CH
10-10-2020, 05:19 PM

And contrary to mike mcfoolys piss poor parallelism, carson wentz was never on the scoreboard referring to his personal savior.

Tell it to someone who already didn't disagree with the other messages they use the football program venue to promote.

The football coach does use a presser to claim players who participate in the team's bible study are brought up the correct way though.

Bison bison
10-10-2020, 05:21 PM
What other message have been on the big screen. Buckle up?

EC8CH
10-10-2020, 05:23 PM
What other message have been on the big screen. Buckle up?

What other religious beliefs are promoted by the head coach?

No_Skill
10-10-2020, 05:33 PM
Not to mention their supposed message did nothing to materially effect the cause they were so concerned about. But they did create a donation short fall for TM which will effect student athletes in the future and created a divide between boosters and NDSU. . Job well done.

This seems awfully short sighted to me. I don't think the athletes had the expectation that they slap a sticker on their helmets and suddenly racism is defeated. I do think they expected people would enter into discussions about the issue. That certainly seems to have been effective.

Whether or not any of this matters in the long run remains to be seen. Social change can move slowly and take decades. Let's meet back here in 20 years or so to revisit the conversation.

56BISON73
10-10-2020, 05:35 PM

Correct. It was not the time or place for personal political messages. You have a campus with 13-14k students. That where you affect change.

When you are on the field its about the program. You dont change the program. The program changes you. If you cant abide by what has made this program great then there are other places you can go.

56BISON73
10-10-2020, 05:39 PM
This seems awfully short sighted to me. I don't think the athletes had the expectation that they slap a sticker on their helmets and suddenly racism is defeated. I do think they expected people would enter into discussions about the issue. That certainly seems to have been effective.

Whether or not any of this matters in the long run remains to be seen. Social change can move slowly and take decades. Let's meet back here in 20 years or so to revisit the conversation.

The issue hasnt been discussed here at all. Whats been discussed is them using the program to spout their message of supposed unity which it certainly didnt.
It caused a divide.

bajadanny
10-10-2020, 05:46 PM
The issue hasnt been discussed here at all. Whats been discussed is them using the program to spout their message of supposed unity which it certainly didnt.
It caused a divide.

Time to move on, now if this shit continues that’s a different story

56BISON73
10-10-2020, 06:00 PM
Time to move on, now if this shit continues that’s a different story

I agree. I think thats the next shoe that needs to drop. Will the Athletic Dept come up with rules and guidelines on political behavior in the future? What will be the
consequences for violating said rules?
I can let this go knowing that this will not happen again in the future.

FYI--this was the subject of my last email to ML and DL. :D

EC8CH
10-10-2020, 06:04 PM
It caused a divide.

Based on your choice of words, it's pretty clear who is putting in the effort to ensure division.

Kevin
10-10-2020, 06:05 PM
Based on your choice of words, it's pretty clear who is putting in the effort to ensure division.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71kpHV8TTZL._AC_SX425_.jpg

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91CpP-iR0ML.jpg

EC8CH
10-10-2020, 06:07 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71kpHV8TTZL._AC_SX425_.jpg

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91CpP-iR0ML.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/UQt79OT.jpg

That's actually a pretty good collage for PL. Needs an angry Karen talking to the manager though.

123Gobison
10-11-2020, 04:26 AM

How will you convince a black or colored student athlete to play for NDSU if you don't show that you genuinely care for their safety and well being ? Judging based on your past responses it is very obvious to me, this is not your concern and you have your reasons. On the contrary, you are planning to form a coalition of booster and financially hurt NDSU football because they care for black athletes and what bothers black athletes the most.

NDSUSR
10-11-2020, 04:43 AM
How will you convince a black or colored student athlete to play for NDSU if you don't show that you genuinely care for their safety and well being ? Judging based on your past responses it is very obvious to me, this is not your concern and you have your reasons. On the contrary, you are planning to form a coalition of booster and financially hurt NDSU football because they care for black athletes and what bothers black athletes the most.

Congrats. Dumbest shit of the day.

semobison
10-11-2020, 12:49 PM
I agree. I think thats the next shoe that needs to drop. Will the Athletic Dept come up with rules and guidelines on political behavior in the future? What will be the
consequences for violating said rules?
I can let this go knowing that this will not happen again in the future.

FYI--this was the subject of my last email to ML and DL. :D

I love that the anthem is played at sporting events. I spent 10 years coaching at the HS level and always stand at attention with my hand on my heart when it is played. My opinion, you do what you think is right and you quit worrying about what other people do. That's what real freedom is about!

ZHerd
10-11-2020, 02:15 PM
I love that the anthem is played at sporting events. I spent 10 years coaching at the HS level and always stand at attention with my hand on my heart when it is played. My opinion, you do what you think is right and you quit worrying about what other people do. That's what real freedom is about!

I associate the flag with the Bill of Rights, life liberty and the pursuit of happiness and foundational American ideology’s pertaining to liberty. Protesting the anthem has always seemed like a dumb ignorant way of protesting bad cops. To me it says “I hate America” not I hate police brutality. I think the power players behind the whole thing do hate America and a lot of people know that. If the flags foundational values really were respected and adhered to by every person there wouldn’t even be racism or police brutality. Btw, Marxism doesn’t erase bad police, it makes more

EC8CH
10-11-2020, 02:50 PM
I associate the flag with the Bill of Rights, life liberty and the pursuit of happiness and foundational American ideology’s pertaining to liberty. Protesting the anthem has always seemed like a dumb ignorant way of protesting bad cops. To me it says “I hate America” not I hate police brutality. I think the power players behind the whole thing do hate America and a lot of people know that. If the flags foundational values really were respected and adhered to by every person there wouldn’t even be racism or police brutality. Btw, Marxism doesn’t erase bad police, it makes more

This is a beautiful explication of the dangers of nationalism.

ZHerd
10-11-2020, 02:53 PM

Blind flag waving is dangerous. That’s not what I just posted

EC8CH
10-11-2020, 03:00 PM
Blind flag waving is dangerous. That’s not what I just posted

No what you said was worse. Instead of being blind it means they hate American and implied they are Marxists.

56BISON73
10-11-2020, 03:01 PM

https://i.imgur.com/pHw2RXF.jpg

ZHerd
10-11-2020, 03:13 PM
No what you said was worse. Instead of being blind it means they hate American and implied they are Marxists.

Or ignorant. I said that to

EC8CH
10-11-2020, 03:22 PM
Or ignorant. I said that to

Ignorant because to you it says "I HATE AMERICA".

CentennialBison
10-11-2020, 03:24 PM
Take all this stuff to a political board or your echo chamber on Facebook. I don't come here to read political bickering. Get along everyone and act like adults.

Bison bison
10-11-2020, 03:28 PM
Interesting. Separating politics and football.

WeAreThePride
10-11-2020, 03:32 PM

Love for country does not mean blindness to its problems.

Surely you know that...

ByeSonBusiness
10-11-2020, 03:32 PM

He should feel very comfortable implying they are Marxists considering the org they have sought to endorse its led by Marxists. When people explicitly tell they are something like that, its generally best to listen to them.

WeAreThePride
10-11-2020, 03:33 PM
Take all this stuff to a political board or your echo chamber on Facebook. I don't come here to read political bickering. Get along everyone and act like adults.

It would be really cool if everybody just talked about their love for football, instead of hammering their agendas down everybody's throats.

ZHerd
10-11-2020, 03:39 PM
He should feel very comfortable implying they are Marxists considering the org they have sought to endorse its led by Marxists. When people explicitly tell they are something like that, its generally best to listen to them.

Plus he accused me of using all caps and I didn’t :(

oldmantutters
10-11-2020, 03:42 PM
It would be really cool if everybody just talked about their love for football, instead of hammering their agendas down everybody's throats.I love my football with a side of football, followed by a nice rich dessert of football. If I'm feeling real rowdy, I might even imbibe in a football or two.

CalBison97
10-11-2020, 10:18 PM
Few want to come to sports forums to read about politics, but I hope ya’ll realize it is the athletes trying to interject politics into sports.

56BISON73
10-11-2020, 10:24 PM
Few want to come to sports forums to read about politics, but I hope ya’ll realize it is the athletes trying to interject politics into sports.

Bingo............

EC8CH
10-11-2020, 11:16 PM
Love for country does not mean blindness to its problems.

Surely you know that...

I agree entirely.

EC8CH
10-11-2020, 11:18 PM
I love my football with a side of football, followed by a nice rich dessert of football. If I'm feeling real rowdy, I might even imbibe in a football or two.

I normally just leave the christian chaser. I figure it's a take it or leave it kind of a deal.

EC8CH
10-11-2020, 11:19 PM

I posted a real great article by a conservative writer on this issue. You should consider checking it out.

bisonfanette
10-12-2020, 04:35 AM

Omg yes!!!

CalBison97
10-13-2020, 05:39 AM
Trey to the west coast?

https://apple.news/AhR8LWehcQS6yGlPdJcOOAw

123Gobison
10-13-2020, 01:42 PM

Players wearing breast cancer awareness ribbons is not political but raising awareness about injustice and demanding equality is political. :facepalm2:

Karen
10-13-2020, 03:34 PM
Players wearing breast cancer awareness ribbons is not political but raising awareness about injustice and demanding equality is political. :facepalm2:

I can get cancer. I'm not going to get shot by a cop. Shut up and play. Praise Jesus.

Kevin
10-13-2020, 03:55 PM
I can get cancer. I'm not going to get shot by a cop. Shut up and play. Praise Jesus.

EC8HEH did you really need another sock puppet account?

EC8CH
10-13-2020, 03:56 PM
EC8HEH did you really need another sock puppet account?

Chapo's inbox isn't going to fill itself with midget pron. Well maybe???

Kevin
10-13-2020, 03:57 PM
Omg yes!!!

You just need to stick to our gambli... I mean, stock thread. No politics there. Just fat TSLA gains.

WeAreThePride
10-13-2020, 06:18 PM
If you don't like midget porn, you're a bigot.

Kevin
10-13-2020, 07:06 PM
I still remember the first midget porn I saw. it was on the old days of Napster where you'd have to spend hours downloading something on a 56k connection never knowing if you're getting what the filename implies. In this case it was indeed adult entertainment, as 14 year old me was hunting for. A gentleman in a suit was checking into a hotel. Upon reaching the room he put his suitcase on the bed and unzipped it to reveal the aforementioned midget. After the deed was complete he placed her back in the suitcase and put the suitcase in the closet. I often wondered if this was a sort of social commentary on how we treat those who are different. It shaped my entire world view, especially in regards to inclusion and accessibility.

I also remember the next three dozen midget porn videos I saw but I'll save that for Lakes' birthday party thread.

cbline
10-13-2020, 07:37 PM

I find that people complain about politics at sports when the politics are something they disagree with. However, if we see politics that we agree with, then all is fine with the world and we don't give it a second thought.

What would happen if fans are concerned about America's military budget & overreach and they complained about the use of military displays at games (such as the National Guard presenting the Colors or the military being used in advertising)? Would those fans be allowed the same courtesy of raising their concerns about politics at sporting events? I highly doubt it.

EC8CH
10-13-2020, 08:50 PM
I find that people complain about politics at sports when the politics are something they disagree with. However, if we see politics that we agree with, then all is fine with the world and we don't give it a second thought.

Bingo......

Omg yes!!!

Kevin
10-13-2020, 08:51 PM
Bingo......

Omg yes!!!

It's almost like people are hypocrites that only care about their own agenda.

Almost.

TransAmBison
10-14-2020, 04:27 PM

Almost.Is this where almost=exactly? Can I get a Karen to check on this?

THEsocalledfan
10-14-2020, 06:03 PM

Almost.

You are nuts! Outkick the Coverage is so much better than ESPN! LOL

BTW, am I the only one who finds it disturbing that now we have left and right sports media coverage?

Gully
10-14-2020, 10:39 PM

What would happen if fans are concerned about America's military budget & overreach and they complained about the use of military displays at games (such as the National Guard presenting the Colors or the military being used in advertising)? Would those fans be allowed the same courtesy of raising their concerns about politics at sporting events? I highly doubt it.

Well, I'll grant you that people are far more likely to complain about mixing sports and politics if they don't agree with the political message. That said, I would be prefer NO politics in sports, regardless of the POV.

EC8CH
10-17-2020, 02:57 PM
What are the predictions for Trey's combine performance? Is he going to crush it and put up the best numbers in the class?

Gully
10-17-2020, 03:31 PM
Sitting at the bar last night I saw a view that had Trey listed #3 at QB and then they showed a different one where I thought he was #5 but I couldn't hear what they were saying and what the difference was between the two graphics. Maybe the second one was all players and the first was QB?

I still find it hard to believe after 16 starts or whatever it is but it seems to be the concensus that he will go high.

El_Chapo
10-17-2020, 03:35 PM
Trey has been in the top 10 for months now. you been quarantining ?

Gully
10-17-2020, 03:38 PM
Trey has been in the top 10 for months now. you been quarantining ?

LOL, yes I'm aware of what's being said. I'm just saying I find it hard to believe. What year is Trevor Lawrence? Why didn't he come out earlier....I thought it was to get more experience.

56BISON73
10-17-2020, 04:46 PM
You are nuts! Outkick the Coverage is so much better than ESPN! LOL

BTW, am I the only one who finds it disturbing that now we have left and right sports media coverage?

Yep.................

NDSU2006
10-17-2020, 05:00 PM
LOL, yes I'm aware of what's being said. I'm just saying I find it hard to believe. What year is Trevor Lawrence? Why didn't he come out earlier....I thought it was to get more experience.

Because he wasn't allowed to leave due to the age rules.

Gully
10-17-2020, 08:29 PM
Because he wasn't allowed to leave due to the age rules.

Hmm, ok. I guess he played as a true freshman then? After this year he'll have three full seasons played.

One season just seems so little. Over the years it's always seemed like the coaches really limit the offense for younger QBs because of how hard it is to learn and then the Junior and Senior seasons they really open up the playbook. It just seems like an enormous jump from one season of FCS football to the NFL.

Anyway, best of luck to him, I hope he's very successful and makes a bazillion dollars.

GreenfieldBison
10-17-2020, 11:09 PM
Hmm, ok. I guess he played as a true freshman then? After this year he'll have three full seasons played.

One season just seems so little. Over the years it's always seemed like the coaches really limit the offense for younger QBs because of how hard it is to learn and then the Junior and Senior seasons they really open up the playbook. It just seems like an enormous jump from one season of FCS football to the NFL.

Anyway, best of luck to him, I hope he's very successful and makes a bazillion dollars.

Well no less than Randy Hedberg said his resume is complete. I fully grasp your point and I respect it but I am not in a position to argue with Hedberg on such a topic.

IndyBison
10-17-2020, 11:20 PM

Anyway, best of luck to him, I hope he's very successful and makes a bazillion dollars.You are eligible for the draft 3 years after your high school class graduates. That's why he's eligible to leave now. Most of his ratings so far were based on the assumption he would continue to develop and play this year. The lack of games may or may not hurt his stock with draft scouts. He may also stay/rise with workouts and combines. There are also arguments to be made if he would develop better playing one more year of FCS football or working and training with NFL players as a backup. If everything is pointing at him being drafted anywhere in the first round he would be crazy to not do it now unless he really loves playing college football that much.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

ByeSonBusiness
10-17-2020, 11:36 PM
Well no less than Randy Hedberg said his resume is complete. I fully grasp your point and I respect it but I am not in a position to argue with Hedberg on such a topic.

Pretty rare for coaches to say "he isn't ready and he should still be here," particularly before the guy gets drafted so I dont know how much stock to put in what Hedberg says.

CalBison97
10-17-2020, 11:37 PM

Trevor Lawrence won the National Championship over Alabama and was also named MVP of the game as a true freshman.

GreenfieldBison
10-18-2020, 12:07 AM
Pretty rare for coaches to say "he isn't ready and he should still be here," particularly before the guy gets drafted so I dont know how much stock to put in what Hedberg says.

Question all you want. I see him as a straight shooter and I take him at his word. He is already of retirement age so I’m not sure what he has to gain by trying to mislead anyone.

GreenfieldBison
10-18-2020, 12:09 AM
Trevor Lawrence won the National Championship over Alabama and was also named MVP of the game as a true freshman.

Yeah so Clemson FB won the game over Alabama. But you are right that Trevor Lawrence was the MVP.

NDSUstudent
10-18-2020, 12:11 AM
In my opinion he either needed to go pro or transfer to a P5 school, there was nothing left for him here once the Oregon game was cancelled. Playing in some BS spring season would have been just dumb and our schedule next fall is Charmin soft.

WeAreThePride
10-18-2020, 02:41 AM

This will be the first draft for which Lawrence is elligible.

oldmantutters
10-18-2020, 04:17 AM
In my opinion he either needed to go pro or transfer to a P5 school, there was nothing left for him here once the Oregon game was cancelled. Playing in some BS spring season would have been just dumb and our schedule next fall is Charmin soft.The pros and scouts love to be able to say they found a diamond in the rough so it's "safer" for Trey to not play and have a potential stinker to raise doubt.

Sun Bison
10-18-2020, 07:31 AM
Option 1: Stay for a Spring season for some reason after winning a Natty and best FCS player (or whatever).
Option 2: Get drafted and get fucking paid!

Who picks option 1?

Gully
10-18-2020, 01:09 PM
This will be the first draft for which Lawrence is elligible.

Thanks, I guess what's throwing me off is that he will have played 3 seasons and Trey only 1. I see now why that is.....Trey redshirted and this fall season was cancelled. So that's the difference.

That said, he still has only played 1 season and it's against FCS competition so it still seems like a heck of a jump. As others have said though, if he's being told first round, I totally understand why he would go. It sucks for us, but I guess that's what it is now.

heffray
10-18-2020, 02:14 PM
Thanks, I guess what's throwing me off is that he will have played 3 seasons and Trey only 1. I see now why that is.....Trey redshirted and this fall season was cancelled. So that's the difference.

That said, he still has only played 1 season and it's against FCS competition so it still seems like a heck of a jump. As others have said though, if he's being told first round, I totally understand why he would go. It sucks for us, but I guess that's what it is now.

Wentz only had 7 more starts than Lance in his college career. :)

Gully
10-18-2020, 02:38 PM
Wentz only had 7 more starts than Lance in his college career. :)

Yes, but he was in school and involved for at least 4 seasons, if not 5 (I can't recall if he redshirted). I agree with the starts, but he had a LOT more experience and a bigger arm. Again, not bashing Trey or saying he can't do it. I'm just saying it's a BIG jump. I'll love it if he gets drafted in round one and has a great career.

THEsocalledfan
10-18-2020, 04:23 PM
Yes, but he was in school and involved for at least 4 seasons, if not 5 (I can't recall if he redshirted). I agree with the starts, but he had a LOT more experience and a bigger arm. Again, not bashing Trey or saying he can't do it. I'm just saying it's a BIG jump. I'll love it if he gets drafted in round one and has a great career.

Exactly why he needs a team with an established starter who will not rush him....he has a ton to learn.

heffray
10-18-2020, 05:20 PM

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I think I'm just pointing out that its no more big of a jump than Wentz made, at least not by that much from a game experience standpoint.

Also, Lance can sling it like 50 yards from his back foot and on the run. I don't think there is much disparity in arm strength either. Accuracy maybe...

heffray
10-18-2020, 05:22 PM
Exactly why he needs a team with an established starter who will not rush him....he has a ton to learn.

I agree with this, too. As much as I'd love to see him start right away, it would be better for him to learn under an experienced QB for a couple years.

GreenfieldBison
10-18-2020, 09:32 PM
Yeah, I get what you're saying. I think I'm just pointing out that its no more big of a jump than Wentz made, at least not by that much from a game experience standpoint.

Also, Lance can sling it like 50 yards from his back foot and on the run. I don't think there is much disparity in arm strength either. Accuracy maybe...

I agree with this. TL exerts less effort slinging a 60 yd toss with a NCAA football than I do making a 100 yd shot with a sand wedge. And he does so with far greater accuracy than me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk