PDA

View Full Version : RIP 2020 NDSU season?

Pages : [1] 2

El_Chapo
08-14-2020, 08:11 PM
I'm seeing multiple tweets from players with broken hearts, etc.

Did we f$%king shut down??

WHY!!!!

ByeSonBusiness
08-14-2020, 08:20 PM
I'm seeing multiple tweets from players with broken hearts, etc.

Did we f$%king shut down??

WHY!!!!

Because they are not playing any games this fall

El_Chapo
08-14-2020, 08:21 PM
Because they are not playing any games this fall

no sh.t sherlock.

NDSU can still play non conference games. Admin just didn't get it done & now Trey and Dillon are gone

totally gutless!! They sat around and didn't get a game scheduled in the last 2 weeks?

WeAreThePride
08-14-2020, 08:25 PM
Does having 40% of the front page threads being started by you make you feel better?

HandoEX
08-14-2020, 08:29 PM
no sh.t sherlock.

NDSU can still play non conference games. Admin just didn't get it done & now Trey and Dillon are gone

totally gutless!! They sat around and didn't get a game scheduled in the last 2 weeks?
You’re a fucking idiot. I love you, but shut the fuck up already. Please.

NDGooch
08-14-2020, 08:33 PM
https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/6618489-NDSU-will-not-play-fall-football-games

Per Kolpack on Inforum

NDSUBowler
08-14-2020, 08:38 PM
I'm truly sorry for your loss, Chapo :(

JohnnyExtacy
08-14-2020, 08:43 PM
no sh.t sherlock.

This is a little ridiculous. NDSU is about winning championships. Not 3 irrelevant meaningless football games. Gad NDSU did this.

MNLonghorn10
08-14-2020, 08:43 PM
no sh.t sherlock.

What was the point out non conference games?

El_Chapo
08-14-2020, 08:48 PM
You’re a fucking idiot. I love you, but shut the fuck up already. Please.

HAHA ADMIN didn't schedule a game, they very easily could of. Don't know how that has anything to do with me.

If you are all fine with Trey/Dillon not playing then good for you

23Bison
08-14-2020, 08:52 PM
For f##k sakes. Ask “what’s the point?” To the kids and coaches on the team.

ZHerd
08-14-2020, 08:53 PM
If the pipe dream of getting a couple or few non con P5 FBS games had somehow become a reality I honestly wouldn’t have even cared about losing our conference season or playoffs. Oh well, I enjoyed the daydreaming

El_Chapo
08-14-2020, 08:57 PM
If the pipe dream of getting a couple or few non con P5 FBS games had somehow become a reality I honestly wouldn’t have even cared about losing our conference season or playoffs. Oh well, I enjoyed the daydreaming

exactly.. this was a ONCE In a lifetime opportunity for NDSU!

You couldve scheduled 3 Power 5 teams with a bad ass QB and Left Tackle!!

roadwarrior
08-14-2020, 09:00 PM

Could have, yes. IF, any of them would have agreed to play us.

HerdBot
08-14-2020, 09:02 PM

Would have been cool but unfortunately all of college football is cancelled, with the exception of a few FBS leagues who will find out quickly they won't be playing anything.

ZHerd
08-14-2020, 09:06 PM
I should have said wouldn’t have cared “so much”...I do enjoy our FCS games; I enjoy watching NDSU play....period. But nothing tops seeing our guys push big programs around.

BAT67
08-14-2020, 09:10 PM
Anyone heard about refunds for the season?

HerdBot
08-14-2020, 09:13 PM
Anyone heard about refunds for the season?

I haven't but I assume I'm paying for the spring games, if they happen

El_Chapo
08-14-2020, 09:15 PM

We gonna believe the same AD that wont even call up a FBS conference for an invite?

I'm gonna do a FOIA and find out. if Blob Port can do 1, I can do 1.

mnriverbison
08-14-2020, 09:15 PM
HAHA ADMIN didn't schedule a game, they very easily could of. Don't know how that has anything to do with me.

If you are all fine with Trey/Dillon not playing then good for you

Come on man. You know it is more complicated than being fine with Trey/Dillon not playing or not fine.

OrygunBison
08-14-2020, 09:18 PM
For f##k sakes. Ask “what’s the point?” To the kids and coaches on the team.

You can write "fuck". It's okay. No need for any tricky ##'s when that uc is right fUCking there. Here, let me show you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2I7gdp_zNM
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fuck%20rant
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ClusterFBomb/LiveActionFilms?from=ClusterFBomb.Film

Also, google the paper "Fuck Neoliberalism" for a nice little rant.

HerdBot
08-14-2020, 09:26 PM
no sh.t sherlock.

Most seniors for every team in the nation may see their players with NFL aspirations gone... unless the NFL moves the draft up, which is quite possible. We are not special. Nebraska couldnt even pull it off

Its possible the NFL could make a change. I'm not even convinced the NFL will play

23Bison
08-14-2020, 09:33 PM
You can write "fuck". It's okay. No need for any tricky ##'s when that uc is right fUCking there. Here, let me show you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2I7gdp_zNM
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fuck%20rant
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ClusterFBomb/LiveActionFilms?from=ClusterFBomb.Film

Also, google the paper "Fuck Neoliberalism" for a nice little rant.

If that’s your style then go ahead but that’s not me without knowing who’s in the audience.

Bison bison
08-14-2020, 09:36 PM
Why do bad things only happen to me?

OrygunBison
08-14-2020, 09:39 PM
If that’s your style then go ahead but that’s not me without knowing who’s in the audience.

Well, your intent is clear even with the ##'s there. Not sure how that helps you. If you were really concerned, you would have just written, "For fudge sake" or "Gosh golly darn it." Writing "f##k" doesn't keep the high road at all. I've never understood why people do it.

TAILG8R
08-14-2020, 09:40 PM
https://i.imgur.com/vN6biZB.gif

I'm shocked. Shocked I tell you!

ZHerd
08-14-2020, 09:41 PM
Well, your intent is clear even with the ##'s there. Not sure how that helps you. If you were really concerned, you would have just written, "For fudge sake" or "Gosh golly darn it." Writing "f##k" doesn't keep the high road at all. I've never understood why people do it.

# isn’t in the ABC song

23Bison
08-14-2020, 09:50 PM

Or you could just ignore it and carry on. You do you and I’ll do me and that will not involve “for fudge sake” or “Gosh golly darn it”.

OrygunBison
08-14-2020, 09:56 PM
Or you could just ignore it and carry on. You do you and I’ll do me and that will not involve “for fudge sake” or “Gosh golly darn it”.

Fair enough. I just thought it was funny that you wrote it. Personally, I really enjoy the word. It is incredibly useful and versatile, a noun at times, a verb at other times, easily modified to be an adjective or an adverb. Most importantly, it is a good exclamation in many, perhaps most, settings that I find need for such a lingual device.

23Bison
08-14-2020, 10:02 PM
Fair enough. I just thought it was funny that you wrote it. Personally, I really enjoy the word. It is incredibly useful and versatile, a noun at times, a verb at other times, easily modified to be an adjective or an adverb. Most importantly, it is a good exclamation in many, perhaps most, settings that I find need for such a lingual device.

Absolutely! I almost can’t speak a sentence in public without it but I just feel that an internet chat form isn’t the place. Maybe I’ll try it out sometime, who knows.

jcdcubs
08-14-2020, 10:06 PM
Hopefully Trey Lance play in spring. Why not move NFL draft in June.

23Bison
08-14-2020, 10:08 PM
Hopefully Trey Lance play in spring. Why not move NFL draft in June.

They are talking about moving the draft to a later date now so we’ll see.

OrygunBison
08-14-2020, 10:10 PM
Absolutely! I almost can’t speak a sentence in public without it but I just feel that an internet chat form isn’t the place. Maybe I’ll try it out sometime, who knows.

I'm actually the opposite - more vulgar here than in person. Unless there's tequila involved...

AKBison
08-14-2020, 10:45 PM
Damn, we mostly fought the good fight. A little disappointed that ADML didn't take some of those "low-ball" offers he got from FBS schools. Trey and Dillon have nothing to prove though and should finish the semester here and sign with an agent in the Spring. Do us proud boys...

ETA: Reading through all the player reactions sure makes it sound like the Bison don't anticipate playing this spring.

El_Chapo
08-14-2020, 11:11 PM
im Pissed cuz we had a chance to garner national attention and be a trend setter with a bad ass team with a 1st round QB and LT to take on ANYONE outside of the top 10.

couldv'e had a big swinging dick & made a huge splash with 3 big games and instead we shrivled up.

MNLonghorn10
08-14-2020, 11:26 PM
im Pissed cuz we had a chance to garner national attention and be a trend setter with a bad ass team with a 1st round QB and LT to take on ANYONE outside of the top 10.

couldv'e had a big swinging dick & made a huge splash with 3 big games and instead we shrivled up.

National attention to who? Everyone knows who ndsu is

23Bison
08-14-2020, 11:27 PM

This made me laugh. Carry on.

BisonDude
08-14-2020, 11:31 PM

It takes two to tango. Did it ever occur to you that the likes of the Big 12 has no interest in playing NDSU? In the end, what’s in it for them?

scottietohottie
08-14-2020, 11:32 PM
Will football always be played in the spring now? How you going to get back to a fall rotation? What happens when the remaining big schools play a few games? Are you serious Clark?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxJUToUM8ro

El_Chapo
08-14-2020, 11:36 PM
It takes two to tango. Did it ever occur to you that the likes of the Big 12 has no interest in playing NDSU? In the end, what’s in it for them?

A) i dont believe that and B) if that's TRUE. then we absolutely NEED TO MOVE UP TO FBS!

BisonDude
08-15-2020, 12:02 AM
A) i dont believe that and B) if that's TRUE. then we absolutely NEED TO MOVE UP TO FBS!

I didn’t believe Big Foot’s given name was Darrell until recently either but strange things happen.

El_Chapo
08-15-2020, 12:11 AM
Senior Night at CHUBS NOW

NDSU Seniors accepting all donations at Chubs Pub call (701)235-8425 and donate to the “football tab” we appreciate it #GoBison

tjbison
08-15-2020, 12:40 AM

NDSU Seniors accepting all donations at Chubs Pub call (701)235-8425 and donate to the “football tab” we appreciate it #GoBisonCopy and paste from Mercadels tweet....at least credit him

You make it sound like your there with them, which your not

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Kevin
08-15-2020, 12:43 AM
Copy and paste from Mercadels tweet....at least credit him

He's within binocular range which is technically close.

AKBison
08-15-2020, 01:05 AM

NDSU Seniors accepting all donations at Chubs Pub call (701)235-8425 and donate to the “football tab” we appreciate it #GoBison

Wow, these guys are convinced that there won't be any Spring Football.

SDbison
08-15-2020, 01:12 AM
Wow, these guys are convinced that there won't be any Spring Football. Good chance of that......the fear mongers have destroyed sports.

El_Chapo
08-15-2020, 01:15 AM
Copy and paste from Mercadels tweet....at least credit him

huh? im on phone fishing cut and pasted big deal. zero to do with me.

Bison bison
08-15-2020, 01:30 AM

Great wait to violate booster rules.

Hammerhead
08-15-2020, 01:45 AM
Wow, these guys are convinced that there won't be any Spring Football.

They might be right with so many unanswered questions like:

What happens to players who graduate in the fall? Do they have to be in a grad program to play in The spring?
Will they be healthy enough to play in the spring and fall?
Is there a limit to what can be done in fall camp?

El_Chapo
08-15-2020, 04:13 AM
Great wait to violate booster rules.

Seniors..they are done.

ps. if HS football can play like this video. why cant NDSU and others?
https://twitter.com/AlexVReporting/status/1294078182031634432?s=20

1978Bison
08-15-2020, 05:12 AM
I’m going to go on record and state that there will not be college football in 2021, Spring or Fall! Biden/Harris will shut down the country down. Trump/Pence don’t have the support needed to stop the fear mongers. Enjoy the memories of tail-gating and dome-filled games.

SDbison
08-15-2020, 05:35 AM
Seniors..they are done.

https://twitter.com/AlexVReporting/status/1294078182031634432?s=20 College is full of bureaucrats that want to claim they are taking care of us. So much made of the COVID crap for political gain.

bisonforever
08-15-2020, 06:20 AM

You couldve scheduled 3 Power 5 teams with a bad ass QB and Left Tackle!! Dude! Really? They called over 100 schools! Nobody had the balls to say yes! Now STFU! You don’t know shit!

Professor Chaos
08-15-2020, 07:11 AM
Either FBS schools shit their drawers when presented with the opportunity to play NDSU or the football schedule maker(s) at NDSU are really not good at the job. I'd like to think the former is the case especially given the tweet from Bruce Feldman a couple days ago but doubt creeps into my mind that it might be the latter. There had to be a boatload of FBS schools looking for games... the fact that NDSU schedule makers couldn't get anything finalized is either an ultimate sign of respect from their FBS peers or an indictment of the people in charge of putting schedules together.

56BISON73
08-15-2020, 07:31 AM
Either FBS schools shit their drawers when presented with the opportunity to play NDSU or the football schedule maker(s) at NDSU are really not good at the job. I'd like to think the former is the case especially given the tweet from Bruce Feldman a couple days ago but doubt creeps into my mind that it might be the latter. There had to be a boatload of FBS schools looking for games... the fact that NDSU schedule makers couldn't get anything finalized is either an ultimate sign of respect from their FBS peers or an indictment of the people in charge of putting schedules together.

Hmmmm so MSU must have some world beater schedulers????? Why would schools be willing to play them and not us? It sure as hell doesnt have to do with our personnel.

Professor Chaos
08-15-2020, 07:38 AM
Hmmmm so MSU must have some world beater schedulers????? Why would schools be willing to play them and not us? It sure as hell doesnt have to do with our personnel.
Idk... why does JMU always seem to get their FBS game each year (for 500k+ payouts)? Bruce Feldman claims NDSU was "low-balled" by P5 teams. What does that mean? Unless they were offered a payout that wouldn't even cover expenses to play the game I don't feel like giving much benefit of the doubt personally to the schedule decision makers. If you really want to play then swallow your pride and play for whatever you can get as long as you're not losing more money by doing so. It's a pretty shitty deal for the seniors who poured their heart and souls into the program for 4.5 years to not even get a last hurrah.

Bison bison
08-15-2020, 12:01 PM
Seniors..they are done.

https://twitter.com/AlexVReporting/status/1294078182031634432?s=20

They're student athletes and most of us here are boosters.

Would be a really stupid thing to do.

southcliffbison
08-15-2020, 12:39 PM

I beg to differ, 56, I think it has everything to do with our personnel (players) and the very real possibility of getting beat.

GreenfieldBison
08-15-2020, 12:40 PM
The big question in my mind now is will this damn virus be the foe that finally ends the dominance of Bison Football? Going to be a long wait to find out.

GreenfieldBison
08-15-2020, 12:42 PM
I beg to differ, 56, I think it has everything to do with our personnel (players) and the very real possibility of getting beat.

Pretty sure you two are talking about two different sets of personnel. I believe his group does not suit up for games.

southcliffbison
08-15-2020, 12:46 PM
Pretty sure you two are talking about two different sets of personnel. I believe his group does not suit up for games.

I guess we'll have to wait until 56 wakes up; I assumed by personnel he meantt players...….we'll see

AKBison
08-15-2020, 02:17 PM
I guess we'll have to wait until 56 wakes up; I assumed by personnel he meantt players...….we'll see

That Tito's isn't going to drink itself ;) Can't believe there is no football. How is NDSU going to overcome the hit to our budget?

NDSU92
08-15-2020, 02:38 PM
The big question in my mind now is will this damn virus be the foe that finally ends the dominance of Bison Football? Going to be a long wait to find out.

I really don’t think so. Honestly it may end up helping us. Look at UNI, SDSU. Only way it affects us badly enough to bring us back down to earth is if we lost our top 10-15 guys to FBS transfers. Good news is that a lot of them already turned down FBS offers and it sounds like this is one of the most cohesive, high culture teams we’ve had.

NovaBison
08-15-2020, 02:57 PM
Idk... why does JMU always seem to get their FBS game each year (for 500k+ payouts)? Bruce Feldman claims NDSU was "low-balled" by P5 teams. What does that mean? Unless they were offered a payout that wouldn't even cover expenses to play the game I don't feel like giving much benefit of the doubt personally to the schedule decision makers. If you really want to play then swallow your pride and play for whatever you can get as long as you're not losing more money by doing so. It's a pretty shitty deal for the seniors who poured their heart and souls into the program for 4.5 years to not even get a last hurrah.

I was curious about that as well... you have two players that could be taken in the first round -- a monumental achievement for most P5 teams -- and something no no team below that will ever achieve. You know that a game against upper competition will solidify those projections. In addition, there are other players that have NFL aspirations -- get them some tape they need for evaluations -- who knows, we might have set a record for most players drafted by an FCS team. As the AD, I would be willing to take the game for expenses (travel and related COVID-19 testing and support) -- Why? It enhances the NDSU brand at a national level. Really hope this perspective was considered when they were attempting to cobble together a schedule for the fall.

NovaBison
08-15-2020, 03:10 PM

If any team, at any level can turn this huge challenge into an advantage, I believe NDSU football can! Coach Entz and his staff appear to be on the leading edge of college football coaching... could be pretty interesting to watch them overcome these challenges -- the Bison have the staff, players, and culture needed -- sit back and watch what's next!

I pity the next team who plays the Bison -- Northern Iowa (if we play in the Spring), or Albany (if we have to wait for Fall 2021) -- they are going to get crushed, no matter who is under center for the Bison!

Rock
08-15-2020, 03:13 PM

People been “jokingly” blaming Oregon for the virus. [emoji3083]

Are you suggesting it was... UN_?...

MNLonghorn10
08-15-2020, 03:17 PM
Has there been a single game added between 2 schools that wasn’t in ink back in January? I haven’t seen 2 schools say “yo, our opponents are strictly conference only, you want to play”

El_Chapo
08-15-2020, 04:31 PM
Dude! Really? They called over 100 schools! Nobody had the balls to say yes! Now STFU! You don’t know shit!

100 schools? bahaha BULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

that's why TCU and WVU are begging for games TODAY. Saturday 8.15? and Matt said "we would like 1 fbs and 2 fcs games"

why didn't he just come out and say "Its a once in a lifetime opportunity, NDSU motto is Bring on the Competition and we will play 3 FBS games vs ANYONE for ANY PRICE" #EastCoastSoft

56BISON73
08-15-2020, 04:52 PM
100 schools? bahaha BULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

that's why TCU and WVU are begging for games TODAY. Saturday 8.15? and Matt said "we would like 1 fbs and 2 fcs games"

why didn't he just come out and say "Its a once in a lifetime opportunity, NDSU motto is Bring on the Competition and we will play 3 FBS games vs ANYONE for ANY PRICE" #EastCoastSoft

So you would be ok with us playing a FBS game for 250K and we pay our own expenses? Which means net = zero????????

Rock
08-15-2020, 05:03 PM
So you would be ok with us playing a FBS game for 250K and we pay our own expenses? Which means net = zero????????

I wanna give the benefit of the doubt, but Larson has been at ndsu 6 years and inherited what Gene had done. Gene was special and difficult shoes to try and fill for anyone.

Are there any examples where he wasn’t playing things super safe?

Some out of conference basketball maybe?

Fuzzy line between being negative and constructive criticism, but players, fans and teammakers wanna see games.

Liability considerations whatever. But this would have been an opportunity to show some big boy conferences an “NDSU is bigtime” mindset. Even at revenue neutral- it would have been a positive overall for NDSU. Show college football fans its not all about the money.

The games will likely all be cancelled by ncaa eventually- so yeah. Schedule some spash games. Let NCAA be the bad guy.

AKBison
08-16-2020, 12:16 AM

Yes, that's the going rate. 250k -300k. Should have taken 3 fbs games at that price considering the team we had.

HerdBot
08-16-2020, 01:06 AM
I wanna give the benefit of the doubt, but Larson has been at ndsu 6 years and inherited what Gene had done. Gene was special and difficult shoes to try and fill for anyone.

Are there any examples where he wasn’t playing things super safe?

Some out of conference basketball maybe?

Fuzzy line between being negative and constructive criticism, but players, fans and teammakers wanna see games.

Liability considerations whatever. But this would have been an opportunity to show some big boy conferences an “NDSU is bigtime” mindset. Even at revenue neutral- it would have been a positive overall for NDSU. Show college football fans its not all about the money.

The games will likely all be cancelled by ncaa eventually- so yeah. Schedule some spash games. Let NCAA be the bad guy.

On paper, Matt Larson has had as much or more success than Gene Taylor. He has taken our program to a higher level. Much like Klieman after Bohl.

He also booked 3 power 5 games

SDbison
08-16-2020, 01:50 AM
On paper, Matt Larson has had as much or more success than Gene Taylor. He has taken our program to a higher level. Much like Klieman after Bohl.

He also booked 3 power 5 games Matt Larson hasn't done crap yet. He is a weak East coaster riding the wave of Bison success.

Rock
08-16-2020, 03:15 AM

He also booked 3 power 5 games

On paper gene had this thing pointed in a pretty good direction.

Down to 2 power 5 games. And we’re waiting for the next.

Blame the refs, but a loss is a loss.

HerdBot
08-16-2020, 03:28 AM
On paper gene had this thing pointed in a pretty good direction.

Down to 2 power 5 games. And we’re waiting for the next.

Blame the refs, but a loss is a loss.

So Larson gets blamed for Oregon?
He gave us FCOA, has increased the budget, built a state of the art locker room, built a new softball stadium, and is 1/2 way done with the IPF. Would have been done, or close to done, had covid not hit. Working on outdoor track. He got us the Target Field game. He's also won the FCS Championship every year except 1 and qualified for the big dance twice and won a game. Heck he even got beer in the SHAC

56BISON73
08-16-2020, 03:45 AM
Matt Larson hasn't done crap yet. He is a weak East coaster riding the wave of Bison success.

Strange. You didnt say that after your conversation with him. As a matter of fact you said he enlightened you with some facts you had no clue about and you were impressed with the conversation. Why the change?

SDbison
08-16-2020, 12:31 PM
Strange. You didnt say that after your conversation with him. As a matter of fact you said he enlightened you with some facts you had no clue about and you were impressed with the conversation. Why the change? Oh, the conversation from over 3 years ago at the last spring game dinner, silent auction and coach talk that has not occurred since. Don't know why that annual event was cancelled, but I guess the event got too big to share with the lower level teammakers. What Matt said back then proved over time he is a bullshitter.

Rock
08-16-2020, 04:10 PM
So Larson gets blamed for Oregon?
He gave us FCOA, has increased the budget, built a state of the art locker room, built a new softball stadium, and is 1/2 way done with the IPF. Would have been done, or close to done, had covid not hit. Working on outdoor track. He got us the Target Field game. He's also won the FCS Championship every year except 1 and qualified for the big dance twice and won a game. Heck he even got beer in the SHAC

By the time ndsu plays the 2nd power 5 game, larson will have been here 10 years

Think about that. Even if 3 were scheduled.

You are correct, he has done some positive things. He has been at NDSU 6 years. Pretend your brother-in-law that, you don’t like, had been in the position. Would he have gotten those things done (or be working on it?).

Really not looking to bag on Matt. I was asking the question about him being super conservative in decision making. When ndsu is already pretty good, no reason to screw it up.

**target field is a good example of taking a risk, thank you

Also he wasn’t overly reactionary with Dave Richman which looks like a huge positive. Many on here (myself included) had some questions about Dave being the right fit.

1st&TennBison
08-16-2020, 05:05 PM

Exactly who did you think we were going to play there Einstein? Half to two thirds of the teams left playing are not BIG. And the ones that might be looking for OOC games for sure would rather play some sort of local talent FCS school in order to keep costs down. No one was going to want to bring in a well known school like NDSU and have to pay big money with a at best 25%-50% attendance. If so, don't you think that K state, Alabama, Clemson, and schools like them would have been beating down our door when NDSU was still open to playing.

56BISON73
08-16-2020, 07:48 PM

You dont take what you can get when you are going to lose millions because of no season. Pride has nothing to do with it. We arent in a bargaining position.

Being low balled means exactly what it sounds like. Thats why we arent playing.

56BISON73
08-16-2020, 07:52 PM

Office-staff personnel.

23Bison
08-17-2020, 01:39 AM
Man, 3 FBS games would have been something.

RonMexico
08-17-2020, 01:11 PM

What are you talking about? Don't you know that every Power 5 team in the country is just dying to play NDSU. When these coaches meet with their ADs and discuss the next year schedule, NDSU is the top team on their wish list non-conference games. All Matt Larsen has to do is pick up the phone and ask when to show up. He's got the easiest AD job in the country when it comes to scheduling.

tony
08-17-2020, 01:12 PM
All I know is that I am having a wake for the season this weekend.

Bisonator98
08-17-2020, 02:58 PM
All I know is that I am having a wake for the season this weekend.

NDSU should put one of these on in the dome. A fund raising wake! They could sell some over priced beer and stadium food along with Bison gear. Social distancing rules would have to apply obviously. No more then 10,000 inside at one time. :D

El_Chapo
08-17-2020, 03:23 PM
NDSU should put one of these on in the dome. A fund raising wake! They could sell some over priced beer and stadium food along with Bison gear. Social distancing rules would have to apply obviously. No more then 10,000 inside at one time. :D

I still think September 12 should be a full Tailgate lot of partiers... F them

AKBison
08-17-2020, 03:39 PM
Has anyone heard if they are going to do a "season ticket drive" to help raise funds for 2020. Maybe there is a thread here and I missed it but are most teammakers electing to have the face value of their tickets refunded? We need to have a 19,800 virtual season tickets drive based on the average cost of all season tickets combined.

Bison bison
08-17-2020, 04:28 PM
Dude. The season is just postponed! Why should we get a refund!

TAILG8R
08-17-2020, 04:42 PM
Dude. The season is just postponed! Why should we get a refund!I'm not saying I'm asking for any of my money back but if it's conference games only then we are not getting the number of games that you would normally pay for in a season.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

HerdBot
08-17-2020, 04:52 PM
By the time ndsu plays the 2nd power 5 game, larson will have been here 10 years

Think about that. Even if 3 were scheduled.

You are correct, he has done some positive things. He has been at NDSU 6 years. Pretend your brother-in-law that, you don’t like, had been in the position. Would he have gotten those things done (or be working on it?).

Really not looking to bag on Matt. I was asking the question about him being super conservative in decision making. When ndsu is already pretty good, no reason to screw it up.

**target field is a good example of taking a risk, thank you

Also he wasn’t overly reactionary with Dave Richman which looks like a huge positive. Many on here (myself included) had some questions about Dave being the right fit.

Lakes should love Matt Larson. He got beer in teh Shac!

scottietohottie
08-17-2020, 05:03 PM
All Matt Larsen has to do is pick up the phone and ask when to show up. He's got the easiest AD job in the country when it comes to scheduling.

He couldn't pick up the phone because he was to busy designing football helmet face masks.

southcliffbison
08-17-2020, 07:21 PM
I'm not saying I'm asking for any of my money back but if it's conference games only then we are not getting the number of games that you would normally pay for in a season.

Just eat it; like the majority (hopefully) of us will do.

TAILG8R
08-17-2020, 08:05 PM
Just eat it; like the majority (hopefully) of us will do.

Like I said I'm not going to ask for anything but there was mention that there should be no offer of refund because the season is going to happen. My point was even if the season happens in the spring it's not the same length of season everyone signed up for. Don't care if they offer refunds but to say the season is still going to happen why would you ask, that's why.

roadwarrior
08-17-2020, 08:22 PM
$83 refund per seat for the two non-conference games which will not happen. NDSU will happily keep that money if you choose and turn it into a tax deductible donation.

El_Chapo
08-17-2020, 09:05 PM
Brad SchlongDong of gf herald calls BS on NDSU and 100 teams theory.. he must be reading my posts.. too bad hes a hockey dumbshit moron and knows that NDSU FOOTBALL dwarfs niche hockey at grand forks.
https://twitter.com/SchlossmanGF/status/1295443283695599617?s=20

56BISON73
08-17-2020, 10:57 PM
I'm not saying I'm asking for any of my money back but if it's conference games only then we are not getting the number of games that you would normally pay for in a season.

There will be options. I think we should here something in a couple of weeks.

roadwarrior
08-17-2020, 11:07 PM
There will be options. I think we should here something in a couple of weeks.

NDSU is calling season ticket holders individually giving the options. My call came today and I chose to get no refunds. It is water under the bridge five months ago.

No_Skill
08-18-2020, 12:59 AM
Why not send an email with the options? Are the options not equal for all? Are they trying to sell us on not taking a refund? Seems like a lot of effort to call +3k season ticket holders when an email would suffice.

56BISON73
08-18-2020, 01:24 AM
Why not send an email with the options? Are the options not equal for all? Are they trying to sell us on not taking a refund? Seems like a lot of effort to call +3k season ticket holders when an email would suffice.

There will always be a bunch who arent going to understand the options, who wont answer the email, Who wont get the email etc etc. Plus its called salesmanship.
Its harder to turn down somebody you are actually talking to especially when they explain their needs . They can also explain the benefits of each option which is hard to do in an email. It also makes your donation more personal.

PlainsBison
08-18-2020, 02:15 AM
I don’t mind donating. However ever since NDSU has quit or limited various marketing efforts, I am less inclined. Spring football game — they don’t do the autograph signing. That was one opportunity to meet the student athletes. When they deleted that, it was a loss. Also, the August events where they travel to some locations with the coaches are limited to mostly the east. NDSU is a state wide institution. Why ignore the central and west. Little things like that can and do make a difference. Just my opinion.

bisonaudit
08-18-2020, 02:47 AM
I don’t mind donating. However ever since NDSU has quit or limited various marketing efforts, I am less inclined. Spring football game — they don’t do the autograph signing. That was one opportunity to meet the student athletes. When they deleted that, it was a loss. Also, the August events where they travel to some locations with the coaches are limited to mostly the east. NDSU is a state wide institution. Why ignore the central and west. Little things like that can and do make a difference. Just my opinion.

Now that the wait list for season tickets has been exhausted, I imagine there will be an increased emphasis on marketing.

PlainsBison
08-18-2020, 03:24 AM
You can’t back off just because ticket sales are good and other things are good. You can’t forget the grassroots across North Dakota who live and breathe NDSU football every Saturday. NDSU is the entire state, not just the east. The program will benefit if they get to all corners of the state.

56BISON73
08-18-2020, 03:33 AM
The TM email said they were calling 3000 season ticket holders. I thought our season tickets were around 13,000? Typo?

GFBison
08-18-2020, 03:50 AM
The TM email said they were calling 3000 season ticket holders. I thought our season tickets were around 13,000? Typo?

Well if 3000 each had 2 tickets that’s 6k tickets. Maybe the average is just over 4 tickets per account. Maybe ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

56BISON73
08-18-2020, 03:56 AM
Well if 3000 each had 2 tickets that’s 6k tickets. Maybe the average is just over 4 tickets per account. Maybe ?

I didnt think of that. :nod: Makes sense!

GFBison
08-18-2020, 04:00 AM
There will always be a bunch who arent going to understand the options, who wont answer the email, Who wont get the email etc etc. Plus its called salesmanship.
Its harder to turn down somebody you are actually talking to especially when they explain their needs . They can also explain the benefits of each option which is hard to do in an email. It also makes your donation more personal.

If you take a refund that will break your years of having season tickets. If you keep your tickets waiting for spring games you don’t. If you take a refund you may lose your tickets .
The problem with waiting for spring you payed for two games that may not be played. Options will be complicated, for that reason a call makes sense.

I think it’s great that they are calling each person, it’s the right way to do it.

GFBison
08-18-2020, 04:02 AM
I didnt think of that. :nod: Makes sense!

Finally I posted something that might make sense. Woohoo! LOL.

56BISON73
08-18-2020, 04:53 AM
If you take a refund that will break your years of having season tickets. If you keep your tickets waiting for spring games you don’t. If you take a refund you may lose your tickets .
The problem with waiting for spring you payed for two games that may not be played. Options will be complicated, for that reason a call makes sense.

I think it’s great that they are calling each person, it’s the right way to do it.

From what Ive gathered---If you take a refund you still have your tickets for next year. If you let them keep the money it can all be diverted to a tax deductible account and you will get double the points. I think there is another option but cant remember the details. I seriously doubt they will take away your consecutive year points considering you didnt cancel the season. Dont know how they will handle the spring games if they actually get played. We will miss all of march and part of April as we will be in TX so dont know about that either.

southcliffbison
08-18-2020, 11:55 AM

I know one person who has 9 season tickets; others may know people who have more.

Gully
08-18-2020, 12:11 PM
I have no intention of asking for any money back but will gladly let them convert ticket dollars into a tax free donation.

My bigger conern is post-COVID. I don't like where things are going in terms of player transfers and leaving early. This makes me much less excited to follow the team (and pay). I never thought I would say that. A big thrill to me is watching teams and players develop over the years.....a farm system, not so much. I'm also getting bored with the schedule. I've never been a FBS or bust guy, but the games are just not as exciting anymore, especially without FBS games.

I know they're trying their best to get games but that doesn't change the fact they're not happening. I also know there is no easy answer and you can't just decide to move up without a clear home. That makes me think we can expect more of the same. This circles me back to my lack of excitement.

I just hope the COVID mess can at least lead to a shakeup in the divisions but I'm not holding my breath.

Gully
08-18-2020, 12:13 PM
I have no intention of asking for any money back but will gladly let them convert ticket dollars into a tax free donation.

My bigger conern is post-COVID. I don't like where things are going in terms of player transfers and leaving early. This makes me much less excited to follow the team (and pay). I never thought I would say that. A big thrill to me is watching teams and players develop over the years.....a farm system, not so much. I'm also getting bored with the schedule. I've never been a FBS or bust guy, but the games are just not as exciting anymore, especially without FBS games.

I know they're trying their best to get games but that doesn't change the fact they're not happening. I also know there is no easy answer and you can't just decide to move up without a clear home. That makes me think we can expect more of the same. This circles me back to my lack of excitement.

I just hope the COVID mess can at least lead to a shakeup in the divisions but I'm not holding my breath.

I should also add, I don't really blame a player if they think they can make millions by declaring early, going to LSU, etc. I'm just saying it sucks as a fan and diminishes my excitement.

Bisonator98
08-18-2020, 12:41 PM

Agree completely. We've kind of plateaued at this level. Only way to go is down if we stay here IMO. This year has exacerbated the problems. If NDSU is going to continue to be a FB school they need to move up and join like minded schools, the FCS is a BB school subdivision. Either find a FB only opportunity with an FBS conference or go Indy and be the next Notre Dame. I think it could be done successfully with the right leadership. I'm not sure Larson is the man for the job however.

ZHerd
08-18-2020, 02:09 PM

This^ the farm system transfer to FBS will suck the life out of FCS. If we start losing top players after a year or two I’ll find something else to do saturdays. It will ruin NDSU football for me. And yes, our peers or mostly in FBS at this point

CaBisonFan
08-18-2020, 03:00 PM
This^ the farm system transfer to FBS will suck the life out of FCS. If we start losing top players after a year or two I’ll find something else to do saturdays. It will ruin NDSU football for me. And yes, our peers or mostly in FBS at this pointThe championships have been fabulous... but it's really about the caliber of football. I've been on the fence about moving up mostly...but now I'm leaning toward moving up...because of what you wrote.

BisonFan13
08-18-2020, 03:05 PM
The championships have been fabulous... but it's really about the caliber of football. I've been on the fence about moving up mostly...but now I'm leaning toward moving up...because of what you wrote.

I can't agree any more. I think the level of competition has gone down with the Georgia Southern's and App State's moving up. We left our season tickets go a couple years ago because it's expensive watching blowouts all the time. Might get 1-2 good games a season. We are paying FBS prices now, might as well move up.

TAILG8R
08-18-2020, 07:05 PM
I know one person who has 9 season tickets; others may know people who have more.

I have 22

:hide:

El_Chapo
08-18-2020, 07:23 PM
so I thought NDSU was the LEADER of the FCS?? the KING??

so why isn't NDSU playing , yet these 17 FCS teams are!!???

https://twitter.com/BrianMacWriter/status/1295798521606688768?s=20

AKBison
08-18-2020, 07:35 PM

EKU just signed it's second FBS game. Houston Babtist now has 3 FBS games. Former champs and the new guy are making waves today

bruinbison
08-18-2020, 07:37 PM

Sigh......compare your list to this list...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/herosports.com/news/football-2020-preseason-top-25-bzbz/amp/

1) NDSU
2) SDSU
3) Northern Iowa
4) Sacramento State
5) James Madison

No sign of Eastern Kupcakey University on the top 25

Central Arkansas at 10 is playing...other FCS schools

southcliffbison
08-18-2020, 07:39 PM
I have 22

:hide:
Damn, you must have a hugh family or a lot of relatives. Are they all used for every game or do have to eat some for lunch?

56BISON73
08-18-2020, 07:46 PM
One other interesting option. If you direct TM to convert your money in to a tax deductible donation you will be awarded Double priority points.

bruinbison
08-19-2020, 02:30 PM
Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo

https://twitter.com/BrianMacWriter/s...606688768?s=20

Sigh......compare your list to this list...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/herosports.com/news/football-2020-preseason-top-25-bzbz/amp/

1) NDSU
2) SDSU
3) Northern Iowa
4) Sacramento State
5) James Madison

No sign of Eastern Kupcakey University on the top 25

Central Arkansas at 10 is playing...other FCS schools

Here is someone NDSU did call for a game......
that was a great start on playing 3 games......

Dom Izzo
@DomIzzoWDAY
·
12m

Central Arkansas AD Brad Teague confirms on @MicIzzo
that UCA had an agreement with #NDSU to come to Fargo for a game this fall. "NDSU couldn't find two other games and we couldn't make it happen, it's disappointing." Teague said.

El_Chapo
08-19-2020, 04:52 PM
Here is someone NDSU did call for a game......
that was a great start on playing 3 games......

see this is beyond IDIOTIC.

You have Cent ARK.. so go find 2 more for ANY sort of money. screw it.

AKBison
08-19-2020, 04:58 PM

This, find two FBS games that at least allowed us to break even and roll with it. Oh well, ancient history now and the good that will come of this is that this whole debacle has pushed a lot of fans and alumni off the FCS bandwagon and into the pro move up camp.

Rock
08-19-2020, 07:45 PM
This, find two FBS games that at least allowed us to break even and roll with it. Oh well, ancient history now and the good that will come of this is that this whole debacle has pushed a lot of fans and alumni off the FCS bandwagon and into the pro move up camp.

Just not big 10...

Or pac 12.

Or any g5.

I think when the dust settles something attractive/very attractive will come ndsu’s way.

They should have scheduled at a loss with some big times (clemson, LSU). Get sports radio talking.

Eventually everyone will cancel/move to spring (wink).

NDSU would have positioned their name really well when conference/division realignment conversations come up in winter after a football less fall.

ndsubison1
08-20-2020, 02:41 PM

They said they called over 100.

What team would play us in front of 0 fans? FBS want nothing to do with us. That being said once Covid passes, I think it's time to move up. This team deserves to be in the top level and I know we can prove our worth. Upgrade facilities and get it done in the next 5-10 years. Whatever it takes.

mnriverbison
08-20-2020, 03:26 PM

What team would play us in front of 0 fans? FBS want nothing to do with us. That being said once Covid passes, I think it's time to move up. This team deserves to be in the top level and I know we can prove our worth. Upgrade facilities and get it done in the next 5-10 years. Whatever it takes.

Agreed. This has laid bare that NDSU is not and hasn't for a while been a fit in FCS.

P5 are either enormous universities with massive alum bases and regional fandoms or major brand name schools with similar fandoms
G5 is less massive in eyeball draw, but football is a big deal in those communities and universities. Typically mid-major basketball team
FCS Mid major basketball school who also fields a football team

Obviously a gross oversimplification and there will be some that don't fit in the category perfectly, but it just seems so obvious to me that our peer ADs are the G5.

Mountain West and the MAC are our peers. Boise State. Fresno State. Colorado State. Ohio U. Miami of Ohio. Convince me otherwise.

Also people poo poo "worthless" bowls but as someone who lived in Florida I can tell you that the traveling fans to those bowls have fun. For those who care about those things plenty of "secondary" bowls have similar or better tv ratings to the FCS championship. All depends on "what other football is on at the same time" and "which ESPN carries it". Also I believe in my heart that within 5-10 years of going FBS we'd be in a NY6 bowl.

TAILG8R
08-20-2020, 03:27 PM

Not saying I totally disagree but if using Covid and the cancellations(or lack of football support by FCS schools) as the reason it might be a hard sell with half or more of the FBS cancelling too.

1998braves64
08-20-2020, 05:01 PM
I don't disagree that the football first G5 schools would be more our peers on paper but where are those schools and what conference(s)? Does that really match our long term goals? Move all sports or just football?

Regarding bowl games yeah I'm sure people who go have fun. They likely make a vacation of it but I think there is a section of our fan base that runs on a "budget" (yes conservative ND people with small mind) I think bowl game tickets and trips will eliminate a fraction.

Even if I'm wrong on that though the other side of the coin is will we stress out about winning vs losing a bowl game to the same intensity I don't believe I would because end of day winning the pizza hut bowl really doesn't mean I can/want to talk about it with the casual nonNDSU football fan as streak of them we've won. Then the fact that G5 schools rarely make big time bowls anyways. Having TV viewership similar to FCS championship doesn't do anything for me. I'd rather have the intensity and heart stoppages from FCS playoffs and championship over a single nonplayoff bowl any day.

G5 needs to figure out that their best interest is to cut ties with those they can't keep up with and get schools like Montana Montana State NDSU SDSU UNI (sort of) Weber all those that seem to always hang around in top 10-15 to join up with them then they can get the playoff their fans want at least the ones making the most noise.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

AKBison
08-20-2020, 05:04 PM
Somebody do a welfare check on Lakes. UCA just added it's fourth game of the year at UAB. Its starting to look like ADML pulled the plug to soon!

El_Chapo
08-20-2020, 05:07 PM
Just not big 10...

Or pac 12.

Or any g5.

I think when the dust settles something attractive/very attractive will come ndsu’s way.

They should have scheduled at a loss with some big times (clemson, LSU). Get sports radio talking.

Eventually everyone will cancel/move to spring (wink).

NDSU would have positioned their name really well when conference/division realignment conversations come up in winter after a football less fall.

DUHHHH this ADMIN aren't marketing guru's whatsoever. You schedule 2 FBS teams for ANY price. $100k and Plane Ride/Hotel is all you need... then you make your money off your fanbase's enthusiasm and you capitalize on making your BRAND BIGGER!

and YUPPP UCA is building their brand. come the hell on. NDSU should still be making call all this week, why stop ?

UCA current schedule will include a neutral site game in Montgomery, Ala., on Aug. 29 versus Austin Peay, at UAB on Sept. 3, at Arkansas State on Sept. 19, home against Missouri State on Sept. 26, at Missouri State on Oct. 17 and at Louisiana on Nov. 21.

mnriverbison
08-20-2020, 05:58 PM
entire post

I'm with you, a G5 playoff would rule. But I wouldn't let the absence of that turn me off of going G5. To me, the FCS 'ship has basically become the Pizza Hut bowl anyway. Understand that is personal preference, but when in off years we win a close championship and in average or better years we steamroll someone in the championship it is clear that we are incorrectly classed.

That's what I would really like to see- a vastly different quality of season should have vastly different season outcomes. That is the test for "am I among my peers?". A normal year in G5 would be the Pizza Hut bowl sure. still fun, still a way to get away with other Bison fans. But a bad year should be spent at home. that is fine! And an epic year? Imagine NDSU being the Memphis or Boise State lining up in the Fiesta Bowl or something. We could do it! And it would make an epic season way more memorable than spanking some mid-major basketball school down in Frisco for the 10th time. In my opinion.

NDSUguy
08-20-2020, 06:35 PM
I'm with you, a G5 playoff would rule. But I wouldn't let the absence of that turn me off of going G5. To me, the FCS 'ship has basically become the Pizza Hut bowl anyway. Understand that is personal preference, but when in off years we win a close championship and in average or better years we steamroll someone in the championship it is clear that we are incorrectly classed.

That's what I would really like to see- a vastly different quality of season should have vastly different season outcomes. That is the test for "am I among my peers?". A normal year in G5 would be the Pizza Hut bowl sure. still fun, still a way to get away with other Bison fans. But a bad year should be spent at home. that is fine! And an epic year? Imagine NDSU being the Memphis or Boise State lining up in the Fiesta Bowl or something. We could do it! And it would make an epic season way more memorable than spanking some mid-major basketball school down in Frisco for the 10th time. In my opinion.

While the FCS playoffs have given us some really great times over the past decade, the fact that we can literally just show up and we are all but guaranteed to be in the playoffs makes the regular season virtually meaningless.

Sure we play SDSU and will now start playing UND regularly but what about the rest of the slate? Each year we typically have 6-7 home games including non-conference. Of those games MAYBE 1-2 mean anything. If we were in the FBS we would be focusing on winning our league (being the Champion) and we would actively be scheduling to try to increase our SOS so that we might be considered for one of the better bowl games. In the FBS, every game matters. Instead of have 1-2 regular season games that are meaningful and 2-3 playoff games that are competitive (at most 5 important games) we would literally have 10+ games annually that are all life and death. Lose a game and you're relegated to the nothing bowl on December 22nd on ESPN the ocho.

mnriverbison
08-20-2020, 06:45 PM
I was actually in the "don't make us play in the cheez-it bowl" crowd, but FCS has become the cheez-it bowl anyway. Someone else said it best. It's becoming a place for mid-major hoops schools to be able to call their football programs D1 without actually doing D1 football things.

P5 is mid major hoops schools who want to also be football schools. That's us folks.

Twincitybizon
08-20-2020, 07:02 PM
I hate to agree but Chapo was right. Schedule any games even if for A loss. Use the exposure as marketing and fundraising tool. Imagine Entz coming in the and saying we're going to play two big games and UCA. We need bison nation's help to do that. Donate today

El_Chapo
08-20-2020, 11:47 PM
Jamestown Jimmies can play football but THE NDSU can't? LOL East Coast Admin

El_Chapo
08-20-2020, 11:48 PM
I hate to agree but Chapo was right. Schedule any games even if for A loss. Use the exposure as marketing and fundraising tool. Imagine Entz coming in the and saying we're going to play two big games and UCA. We need bison nation's help to do that. Donate today

Hell, NDSU could advocate TAILGATE PARTY for those games and charge $100 a Vehicle and pack the West Lot and everyone "social distancing watching" on their own tv's in their spot. Cheers Roaring as we Score. Man what a waste of an opportunity

southcliffbison
08-21-2020, 12:41 AM
Jamestown Jimmies can play football but THE NDSU can't? LOL East Coast Admin

Wait a minute...….are you saying the GPAC is still playing this fall?

SDbison
08-21-2020, 01:07 AM
Jamestown Jimmies can play football but THE NDSU can't? LOL East Coast Admin What do you expect out of Matt Coattails Larson. Weakest lame admin ever!

The Great Randini
08-21-2020, 06:25 PM
The North Star Conference is playing all sports
Wait a minute...….are you saying the GPAC is still playing this fall?

AKBison
08-21-2020, 06:29 PM
Hell, NDSU could advocate TAILGATE PARTY for those games and charge $100 a Vehicle and pack the West Lot and everyone "social distancing watching" on their own tv's in their spot. Cheers Roaring as we Score. Man what a waste of an opportunity

How about a Jimmies game in the dome? Yes please!

southcliffbison
08-22-2020, 12:14 AM
'Looks like I'll have to adopt a GPAC team this fall to follow...…..let's see.....Northwestern of Orange City....it's close to SF but those Dutch drive me crazy. Maybe Dordt College of Sioux Center...….closer than OC, but still Dutch...... Morningside College of Sioux City......Nope, reminds me too much of the old NCC. I'm in a quandary. Dakota Wesleyan of Mitchell.....I'm not Lutheran but, wth, it's football.

56BISON73
08-22-2020, 02:53 AM

We cant afford to just roll with it. Iowa just dropped 3-4 teams and is taking a 100 million dollar revenue hit. We are in the same boat.

El_Chapo
08-22-2020, 05:46 AM
Heres article on the FCS teams playing this fall.... grrrrr this sucks

Why a growing number of Fcs Playing this fall instead of spring

https://footballscoop.com/news/why-a-growing-number-of-fcs-programs-are-opting-out-of-a-spring-season-to-go-it-alone-this-fall/

HerdBot
08-22-2020, 08:15 AM
Heres article on the FCS teams playing this fall.... grrrrr this sucks

Why a growing number of Fcs Playing this fall instead of spring

https://footballscoop.com/news/why-a-growing-number-of-fcs-programs-are-opting-out-of-a-spring-season-to-go-it-alone-this-fall/

The few teams that want to play have a financial or media incentive. Misery State has a big payday with Missouri that is a bus trip. Central Arkansas has the FCS kickoff game which is on ESPN

NDSU could have played 1 home FCS game and then maybe the same team twice for a home in the same season. Revenue would be non existent as would TV exposure.

scottietohottie
08-22-2020, 11:17 AM
The few teams that want to play have a financial or media incentive. Misery State has a big payday with Missouri that is a bus trip. Central Arkansas has the FCS kickoff game which is on ESPN

NDSU could have played 1 home FCS game and then maybe the same team twice for a home in the same season. Revenue would be non existent as would TV exposure.

But now ndsu has a group of seniors with no intention of playing in the spring no matter what for ndsu. Good luck recruiting.

southcliffbison
08-22-2020, 01:32 PM
In a couple of weeks, the SEC, ACC. and Big 12 start playing competitive football. One can only imagine the viewership the networks will receive for the games they decide to broadcast to a football starved country. The PAC 10 and Big 10 will be soiling their panties.

AKBison
08-22-2020, 03:10 PM

As news keeps trickling out about games that could have been scheduled I think it has become pretty apparent that NDSU leadership just didn't want to play football this fall. That's ok, I don't agree with it at all but that's not my call. However, going through the dog and pony show to convince us otherwise is bullshit.

Btw, I'm pumped for MoState. They have a legit new coach and these games and fall practice will significantly help them build their program. Also, read Lakes article, these teams are wanting to play now because the coaches believe that Spring football is a bad idea.

23Bison
08-22-2020, 04:00 PM
In case none of you had noticed but this sucks not having NDSU football involved in anything this fall. Watching a replay of 15 SMU and 24 Memphis on the U. Depression I say! Depression!!!

Bisonwinagn
08-22-2020, 08:06 PM
As news keeps trickling out about games that could have been scheduled I think it has become pretty apparent that NDSU leadership just didn't want to play football this fall. That's ok, I don't agree with it at all but that's not my call. However, going through the dog and pony show to convince us otherwise is bullshit.

Btw, I'm pumped for MoState. They have a legit new coach and these games and fall practice will significantly help them build their program. Also, read Lakes article, these teams are wanting to play now because the coaches believe that Spring football is a bad idea.

Agreed. It was a terrible decision to give up so early on the season instead of waiting to see how everything settled in. It's still August and the team could have practiced well into September before ending the season. This was clearly and intentional decision to not play in the fall and nothing to do with games.

56BISON73
08-23-2020, 02:54 AM

If they didnt want to play then why the effort on contacting all those teams? I had 3 conversations with TM this year in regards to the schedule situation and TMs plans on seating etc etc. 1st conversation I was told they were planning to play a full schedule and were planning for full capacity in the dome and tailgating. Next conversation TM said they were looking to play 3 games in the fall. The percent of fans allowed in the dome and for tailgating had not been set yet. Plus they were also working on contingency plans if the fall schedule was feasible on how they were going to handle refunds etc. 3rd conversation they said they really tried to get
3 games but just couldnt get the terms they needed to make it happen. Then we went on to the spring schedule and options on donations, ticket and tailgate money.

From what I could tell NDSUs Athletic Dept was a go 100% to playing. I cant say the same for the administration and those above them as I had no communication with them.

In hide sight its easy to look back and say they should have waited to cancel the season after a few teams came forward after the fact.

southcliffbison
08-23-2020, 12:30 PM
:evil:
If they didnt want to play then why the effort on contacting all those teams? I had 3 conversations with TM this year in regards to the schedule situation and TMs plans on seating etc etc. 1st conversation I was told they were planning to play a full schedule and were planning for full capacity in the dome and tailgating. Next conversation TM said they were looking to play 3 games in the fall. The percent of fans allowed in the dome and for tailgating had not been set yet. Plus they were also working on contingency plans if the fall schedule was feasible on how they were going to handle refunds etc. 3rd conversation they said they really tried to get
3 games but just couldnt get the terms they needed to make it happen. Then we went on to the spring schedule and options on donations, ticket and tailgate money.

From what I could tell NDSUs Athletic Dept was a go 100% to playing. I cant say the same for the administration and those above them as I had no communication with them.

In hide sight its easy to look back and say they should have waited to cancel the season after a few teams came forward after the fact.

The plot thickens, Watson. It could very well be that Bresciani is the asshole in this drama by telling ML to make it look "good" by releasing press statements to the public saying we did this and that and we've done this and that, all the while knowing that the decision was made before hand not to play at all this fall. But why, tho? I am now 100% convinced that had NDSU been scheduled to play a P5, ala KSTATE, Bresciani and Co. would have ordered ML to do or say whatever you have to, but get out of that game. How? you asked...….by fudging covid positive test numbers (of course that's not happening in America, right? :eeek::eeek: by saying shit like it's not feasible to keep players on campus for practice to play only one game, when we know at least one team was willing to come to the FFD. Definitely looks like a lot of fucking politics involved here.

wagsabison
08-23-2020, 01:56 PM
In a couple of weeks, the SEC, ACC. and Big 12 start playing competitive football. One can only imagine the viewership the networks will receive for the games they decide to broadcast to a football starved country. The PAC 10 and Big 10 will be soiling their panties.

If the 3 conferences that plan on playing can pull it off, it’s going to make the PAC 10 and Big 10 look very foolish.

I’m just pumped for some college football.

Bison bison
08-23-2020, 01:59 PM
How about you guys quit with the conspiracy bullsh#t.

No one wanted the season be played than bresciani.

southcliffbison
08-23-2020, 02:57 PM
If the 3 conferences that plan on playing can pull it off, it’s going to make the PAC 10 and Big 10 look very foolish.

I’m just pumped for some college football.

Chapo keeps his nose close to the ground when it comes to TV ratings and viewerships. It will be interesting to see the numbers after the first weekend. Everyone is pumped for some college football.

THEsocalledfan
08-23-2020, 03:57 PM

Yep....this right there. The problem is a disagreement on goals. Some seem to be under the impression the goal is zero infections. Others, like most rational folks, want reasonable measures to be taken to prevent spread, but still be able to live fairly normal live accepting some spread is inevitable. That is the disconnect. The SEC, B12, and ACC get it. The bow tie, patched elbow PAC 12 and B1G did not.

EC8CH
08-23-2020, 04:53 PM
Yep....this right there. The problem is a disagreement on goals. Some seem to be under the impression the goal is zero infections. Others, like most rational folks, want reasonable measures to be taken to prevent spread, but still be able to live fairly normal live accepting some spread is inevitable. That is the disconnect. The SEC, B12, and ACC get it. The bow tie, patched elbow PAC 12 and B1G did not.

Nice stawman. Reasonable people want infection rates low enough to enable effecting testing and tracing to prevent rapid increases in infection rates.

THEsocalledfan
08-23-2020, 05:36 PM
Nice stawman. Reasonable people want infection rates low enough to enable effecting testing and tracing to prevent rapid increases in infection rates.

What we are both saying is NOT mutually exclusive. Again, the disconnect. And most folks have no idea what "strawman" means even when spelled correctly.

Bisonator98
08-23-2020, 06:20 PM
My guess, if they could have gotten a P5 game they would have certainly played 3 games this fall. Without that though the economics just don't make sense really. I mean even 3 home games with limited seating would likely have meant barely breaking even. 2 home games and road game to an FCS probably meant a loss financially for the department as a whole. I mean it costs money to practice too. It sucks but you have to stop the hemorrhaging at some point. They're still losing money just paying the coaching staff and schollies.

It's easy for these other schools to come out after the fact and say "Oh we wanted to play" but the reality of how difficult it's been filling the schedule every year says differently. I'd tell them well if that's the case why not schedule a future game right now. Doubt any of them would do it.

td577
08-23-2020, 07:14 PM
My guess, if they could have gotten a P5 game they would have certainly played 3 games this fall. Without that though the economics just don't make sense really. I mean even 3 home games with limited seating would likely have meant barely breaking even. 2 home games and road game to an FCS probably meant a loss financially for the department as a whole. I mean it costs money to practice too. It sucks but you have to stop the hemorrhaging at some point. They're still losing money just paying the coaching staff and schollies.

It's easy for these other schools to come out after the fact and say "Oh we wanted to play" but the reality of how difficult it's been filling the schedule every year says differently. I'd tell them well if that's the case why not schedule a future game right now. Doubt any of them would do it.I'm thinking this is pretty spot on. The equation had to probably include either 1 p5 or 2 well paying g5 schools. I can't imagine the daily costs of supporting the football program let alone gameday economics.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

tke
08-23-2020, 07:26 PM
We gonna believe the same AD that wont even call up a FBS conference for an invite?

I'm gonna do a FOIA and find out. if Blob Port can do 1, I can do 1.What did you find out in your FOIA request?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

56BISON73
08-23-2020, 07:53 PM
:evil:

The plot thickens, Watson. It could very well be that Bresciani is the asshole in this drama by telling ML to make it look "good" by releasing press statements to the public saying we did this and that and we've done this and that, all the while knowing that the decision was made before hand not to play at all this fall. But why, tho? I am now 100% convinced that had NDSU been scheduled to play a P5, ala KSTATE, Bresciani and Co. would have ordered ML to do or say whatever you have to, but get out of that game. How? you asked...….by fudging covid positive test numbers (of course that's not happening in America, right? :eeek::eeek: by saying shit like it's not feasible to keep players on campus for practice to play only one game, when we know at least one team was willing to come to the FFD. Definitely looks like a lot of fucking politics involved here.

Ahhh dont think I can go there.

56BISON73
08-23-2020, 07:57 PM

It's easy for these other schools to come out after the fact and say "Oh we wanted to play" but the reality of how difficult it's been filling the schedule every year says differently. I'd tell them well if that's the case why not schedule a future game right now. Doubt any of them would do it.

Nicely said.

El_Chapo
08-24-2020, 12:16 AM
What did you find out in your FOIA request?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

lets just say .....i was spoken to

ndsubison1
08-24-2020, 03:31 AM

Surprises me we couldn't get BYU scheduled

Bisonwinagn
08-24-2020, 06:00 AM
Now that we know the season was cancelled entirely due to money how many Seniors are coming back in the spring?

Bisonator98
08-24-2020, 12:32 PM
Surprises me we couldn't get BYU scheduled

Not me. I mean how much could they pay? And why would they want to pay us for a beating?

Comfortably Numb Bison
08-24-2020, 02:06 PM
Sad day today. Cancelled flights to Oregon this morning we were looking forward to this for years. Our flights had an itinerary change that was greater than 2 hours so entire trip was eligible for full refund. Learned one lesson, won’t ever be fooled by the worthless travel insurance ever again. Good thing I waited to cancel the itinerary change saved me $1100 (4 tickets). Happy but sad day.

EC8CH
08-24-2020, 02:16 PM
Sad day today. Cancelled flights to Oregon this morning we were looking forward to this for years. Our flights had an itinerary change that was greater than 2 hours so entire trip was eligible for full refund. Learned one lesson, won’t ever be fooled by the worthless travel insurance ever again. Good thing I waited to cancel the itinerary change saved me $1100 (4 tickets). Happy but sad day.

Travel Insurance has a very defined narrow scope of coverage. I find most people think it covers way more than it actually does.

NDSUBowler
08-24-2020, 03:44 PM
Soooo, did everyone mail it in here?

Sure seeing a lot of chatter about NDSU possibly playing UCA and JSU in the last half hour.

https://twitter.com/BrianMacWriter/status/1297918799895764993

Brian McLaughlin
@BrianMacWriter
FCS NEWS: Hearing a bit more buzz now that Central Arkansas and North Dakota State may be happening this fall. I've heard Oct. 3 this fall & a potential multi-year deal.

Announcement may come today if this actually works out.

Kevin
08-24-2020, 03:47 PM

Sure seeing a lot of chatter about NDSU possibly playing UCA and JSU in the last half hour.

Brian McLaughlin
@BrianMacWriter
FCS NEWS: Hearing a bit more buzz now that Central Arkansas and North Dakota State may be happening this fall. I've heard Oct. 3 this fall & a potential multi-year deal.

FBS games or bust.

Someone get Lakes on this stat.

Bisonator98
08-24-2020, 03:54 PM

Brian McLaughlin
@BrianMacWriter

Lol I thought NDSU already mailed it in with their announcement to forgo any fall games. Now they are still trying to schedule some? JFC what a shit show.

Jay
08-24-2020, 04:06 PM
Lol I thought NDSU already mailed it in with their announcement to forgo any fall games. Now they are still trying to schedule some? JFC what a shit show.

I believe Larsen said "who knows" on the scheduling.

El_Chapo
08-24-2020, 04:23 PM
LETS GO. GET UCA JAX ST AND USF or another FBS.

ndsubison1
08-24-2020, 04:25 PM
Not me. I mean how much could they pay? And why would they want to pay us for a beating?

They have openings

NDSU92
08-24-2020, 04:28 PM
Wait are we even still practicing? Lol

Bison bison
08-24-2020, 04:29 PM
Travel Insurance has a very defined narrow scope of coverage. I find most people think it covers way more than it actually does.

This.

Travel insurance is definitely not the same as buying refundable seats.

Bison03
08-24-2020, 04:38 PM
Please please please let this happen. Give me any Bison football this fall!

El_Chapo
08-24-2020, 04:41 PM

NDSU football is a machine. they don't need practice

Professor Chaos
08-24-2020, 04:44 PM
https://1x41wi4ekjc71rf2x7zbpt6azg-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/iverson-practice.jpg

kab1one
08-24-2020, 04:47 PM
FBS games or bust.

Someone get Lakes on this stat.

Hopefully Macwriter is a bit more dialed in than the one guy getting quoted on the board awhile back was a junior engineering major for Va. Tech with 37 followers.

On a more positive note and why games and possible fall competition might be gaining some traction. Take the time and listen to this podcast.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/wins-losses-with-clay-travis/id1464161769

Clay Travis discussion with Arik Roy. He will blow any medical person out of the water from his analysis of the covid situation. His back ground is very good.

bruinbison
08-24-2020, 04:50 PM
Apparently one source is from Central Arkansas

Brian McLaughlin
@BrianMacWriter
·
1h

BREAKING: Hearing from a source close to Central Arkansas ... UCA may have a massive announcement today if all goes as hoped ... if so, UCA definitely wins "award" for putting together a monster fall sked in 2 weeks

Hearing it involves a certain Green & Gold team

Stay tuned ...

If involving home/home agreements - here and/or Jacksonville State/whomever - well, might as well go on the road this fall for one game in addition to 1 or 2 FargoDome games. At least the Bison get something - future home game- which of course is better than nothing.

El_Chapo
08-24-2020, 04:55 PM
MY CAMPAIGN IS WORKING!! WE GOTTA PLAY 3 GAMES FOR TREY LANCE AND DILLON RADUNZ AND JOSH HAYES AND KARSON SCHOENIG AND CORDELL VOLSON!

all 5 are gone if we don't play, so NDSU coaches had no choice to find 3 games.

NovaBison
08-24-2020, 04:57 PM
Hopefully Macwriter is a bit more dialed in than the one guy getting quoted on the board awhile back was a junior engineering major for Va. Tech with 37 followers.

On a more positive note and why games and possible fall competition might be gaining some traction. Take the time and listen to this podcast.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/wins-losses-with-clay-travis/id1464161769

Clay Travis discussion with Arik Roy. He will blow any medical person out of the water from his analysis of the covid situation. His back ground is very good.

Thanks... tomorrow morning's commute just got way better!!! Looking forward to listening

Professor Chaos
08-24-2020, 04:57 PM
MY CAMPAIGN IS WORKING!! WE GOTTA PLAY 3 GAMES FOR TREY LANCE AND DILLON RADUNZ AND JOSH HAYES AND KARSON SCHOENIG AND CONNOR VOLSON!

all 5 are gone if we don't play, so NDSU coaches had no choice to find 3 games.
Is Connor Volson the genetic fusing of Tanner and Cordell Volson into one being??? Because that would be a hell of a good (and versatile) O-lineman.

El_Chapo
08-24-2020, 05:08 PM
Is Connor Volson the genetic fusing of Tanner and Cordell Volson into one being??? Because that would be a hell of a good (and versatile) O-lineman.

too fast a typer. DOH!

kab1one
08-24-2020, 05:09 PM
Thanks... tomorrow morning's commute just got way better!!! Looking forward to listening

Clay's interview with Alex Berenson is very good as well.

Arik Roy is an MIT Grad, Yale Med school grad. Went to wall street and did analysis on Bio Tech companies in the early 2000's. So he is a stat's and analytics guy for health care investing.

But he has the background to dispute directives that have been issued. Closing schools, closing the economy etc.

Discussion evolves into sports and why it is safe. But he gives medical and statistical reasons.

bisonfanette
08-24-2020, 05:09 PM
:judges: !!!!!!!!

tolnabison
08-24-2020, 05:19 PM
The real question: "Is Keith Brake going to be able to handle NDSU playing football this fall?"

tony
08-24-2020, 05:31 PM
The real question: "Is Keith Brake going to be able to handle NDSU playing football this fall?"

I think that he'll struggle through. :)

Gotta say. I've watched and rewatched almost every NDSU football thing on youtube. I need some new stuff!

Also, expanding on El_Chapo's theme: I demand that sun rise tomorrow! If it doesn't, I'm blaming former UND honorary athletic director Francisco "Frankie" Franco who is still dead but is TOTALLY AGAINST THE SUN RISING TOMORROW! PEOPLE! WAKE UP! We'll have to see if my campaign to get the sun to rise tomorrow works, but if it does, I'll be back to take credit.

El_Chapo
08-24-2020, 05:48 PM
I think that he'll struggle through. :)

Gotta say. I've watched and rewatched almost every NDSU football thing on youtube. I need some new stuff!

Also, expanding on El_Chapo's theme: I demand that sun rise tomorrow! If it doesn't, I'm blaming former UND honorary athletic director Francisco "Frankie" Franco who is still dead but is TOTALLY AGAINST THE SUN RISING TOMORROW! PEOPLE! WAKE UP! We'll have to see if my campaign to get the sun to rise tomorrow works, but if it does, I'll be back to take credit.

You're the best Tony. don't ever change :)

cmon UCA, USF and JAX STATE hell play all 3 on the road and bus the players in between for 2 weeks. whatever it takeS!

Bison03
08-24-2020, 05:54 PM
2:30 presser!!! Rumors appear to be true

kab1one
08-24-2020, 06:00 PM
More rules coming out.

https://www.outkick.com/cdc-changes-asymptomatic-testing-recommendations/

mnriverbison
08-24-2020, 06:03 PM
2:30 presser!!! Rumors appear to be true

How is this possible our AD is from the East Coast which in addition to being disqualifying/suspicious off the bat also means that he is rooting for no football this fall?

kab1one
08-24-2020, 06:07 PM
If they truly bring back a portion of the season (wishful thinking), does that mean El Chapo is a nominee for the Bisonville equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize or a comparable award?

El_Chapo
08-24-2020, 06:09 PM
Yahoo reports the game.

AND Jacksonville St game looks like its happening

Now get us 1 FBS away game

tony
08-24-2020, 06:18 PM
How is this possible our AD is from the East Coast which in addition to being disqualifying/suspicious off the bat also means that he is rooting for no football this fall?

HAHAHA! I remember when I was pissed that Dom Izzo was from a hockey place out east. And wasn't Gene Taylor from out east too? Come to think of Stony Brook is in Oyster Bay which is where notorious untrustworthy Teddy Freaking Roosevelt had his home. You'd think we'd have learned by now. Well, not me, of course, because I'm kind of a fossilized idiot.

southcliffbison
08-24-2020, 06:20 PM

I believe our "AD from the East Coast" is responding in a positive manner to the wishes of the vast majority of Bison fans; or certainly, 100% of season ticket holders. If this miracle of 3 fall games does occur, AD Larson will, in retrospect, wish he had done things differently.

kab1one
08-24-2020, 06:24 PM
I believe our "AD from the East Coast" is responding in a positive manner to the wishes of the vast majority of Bison fans; or certainly, 100% of season ticket holders. If this miracle of 3 fall games does occur, AD Larson will, in retrospect, wish he had done things differently.

Covid is so ever changing. With some of the announcements today (CDC and testing), it is changing so fast. Also the person in Hong Kong that is first case of a Covid positive testing positive a second time. It was determined it was different milder strain. Second time asymptomatic.

Bison03
08-24-2020, 06:24 PM
Yahoo reports the game.

AND Jacksonville St game looks like its happening

Now get us 1 FBS away game
Where is this being reported?

Hammerhead
08-24-2020, 06:26 PM
Not only is the football season back from the dead: Report: Bison football to play Central Arkansas this fall
https://www.valleynewslive.com/2020/08/24/report-bison-football-to-play-central-arkansas-this-fall/

Valley News Live also reporting: ‘Dead’ woman found to be breathing at Detroit funeral home
https://www.valleynewslive.com/2020/08/24/dead-woman-found-to-be-breathing-at-detroit-funeral-home/

NDSU92
08-24-2020, 06:39 PM
Where is this being reported?

Right here, right now

Bison03
08-24-2020, 06:43 PM
Right here, right now
I’m referring to the JSU game

NDSU92
08-24-2020, 06:53 PM
I’m referring to the JSU game

Yeah Chapo is reporting it.

All sarcasm aside, I though BMac had tweeted that JSU and NDSU were coming to terms on a multi year deal with a game this fall. But everything that I’m hearing now is that UCA is just a showcase game and that’s it.

AKBison
08-24-2020, 07:02 PM

Brake will be tears over this, can't wait until he gets out of town.

Bison03
08-24-2020, 07:04 PM
Yet he will still be in attendance in the media booth for this game! Haha!

BisonVifte
08-24-2020, 07:15 PM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/3o6fIUOohyg4yegu1G/giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e479s2xxhym36bemozvs2qn4o6g66b9 w3p0bynevcwp&rid=giphy.gif

Gully
08-24-2020, 07:39 PM
They keep saying one game....very clearly. It seems odd to me they would do this for just one game.

wagsabison
08-24-2020, 07:48 PM

What’s the backstory behind this? Haven’t really listened to him much

El_Chapo
08-24-2020, 07:56 PM
Yeah Chapo is reporting it.

All sarcasm aside, I though BMac had tweeted that JSU and NDSU were coming to terms on a multi year deal with a game this fall. But everything that I’m hearing now is that UCA is just a showcase game and that’s it.
https://twitter.com/BrianMacWriter/status/1297920182275514370?s=20

ndsu jax state ^^

however in last hour. jax st added Mercer and UNA

AKBison
08-24-2020, 08:13 PM
I appreciate ADML trying to meet us in the middle and schedule a game. However, being stuck on only one game seems odd. It seems like from a players perspective they would want more if they have to practice for a month plus. UCA will be coming into this game hitting their stride and we will be rusty big time. Maybe a scrimmage against the Jack's or get SFA up here first.

Bisonator98
08-24-2020, 08:22 PM
Sure hope there will be more then one. I'd like to see as many as we could schedule this fall and say screw it to a spring season.

Kevin
08-24-2020, 08:32 PM
I appreciate ADML trying to meet us in the middle and schedule a game. However, being stuck on only one game seems odd. It seems like from a players perspective they would want more if they have to practice for a month plus. UCA will be coming into this game hitting their stride and we will be rusty big time. Maybe a scrimmage against the Jack's or get SFA up here first.

This was all ADLB, not ADML. He was on their fan forum demanding they man up.

NDSUBowler
08-24-2020, 08:37 PM
This was all ADLB, not ADML. He was on their fan forum demanding they man up.

TY FOR YOUR SERVICE, Lakes!!!!

THEsocalledfan
08-24-2020, 08:50 PM
They keep saying one game....very clearly. It seems odd to me they would do this for just one game.

Yeah, gully, I don't buy it. Sure seems like this is an excuse to get working again, and they will play more if they can.

NDSU92
08-24-2020, 09:14 PM
Brake making it sound like other AD’s are telling people they’re talking with NDSU. NDSU AD being vague and saying they aren’t actively pursuing more games. It’s probably gamesmanship to not sound desperate to bring teams in and instead keep cards close to chest.

Bison03
08-24-2020, 09:17 PM
As Entz said in the presser, the NCAA ruling allowing athletes to not lose a year of eligibility was a game changer. No player, especially seniors, wanted to burn a year for a couple games when a spring season is not a sure thing.

Gully
08-24-2020, 09:18 PM
Brake making it sound like other AD’s are telling people they’re talking with NDSU. NDSU AD being vague and saying they aren’t actively pursuing more games. It’s probably gamesmanship to not sound desperate to bring teams in and instead keep cards close to chest.

That's what I was thinking.

EC8CH
08-24-2020, 09:28 PM
Gotta admit, this brings an entire new wrinkle into the off season. Scheduling gamesmanship. Just in case back to back undefeated seasons was getting stale.

THEsocalledfan
08-24-2020, 09:37 PM
Gotta admit, this brings an entire new wrinkle into the off season. Scheduling gamesmanship. Just in case back to back undefeated seasons was getting stale.

Are there any Big 12 teams still looking for games? I want to see Trey in a P5 game......

NovaBison
08-24-2020, 09:38 PM
Sure hope there will be more then one. I'd like to see as many as we could schedule this fall and say screw it to a spring season.

Think they are waiting for the B1G to cave and allow their teams to schedule OOC games (similar to MVFC)... I have no source for this, just wishful thinking because I would love to see a Nebraska game

El_Chapo
08-24-2020, 09:39 PM
U of South Florida has Sept 5, 12 and 19th STILL OPEN>

U of Central Florida has Sept 12 STILL OPEN>

East Carolina has Sept 19 STILL OPEN>

UCF has Sept 5 & 12 STILL OPEN>

Kevin
08-24-2020, 09:44 PM
U of South Florida has Sept 5, 12 and 19th STILL OPEN>

U of Central Florida has Sept 12 STILL OPEN>

East Carolina has Sept 19 STILL OPEN>

UCF has Sept 5 & 12 STILL OPEN>

Why the hell are you telling us. Get on the phone.

Negotiate.

El_Chapo
08-24-2020, 09:47 PM

Negotiate.

Aye Aye Captain.... reminds me of 1 of the 1st times I golfed with Gene Taylor Saul Phillips and Some Random Delta pilot bison booster.

Saul was jabbing me for being a little overboard as a fan and I said, "if we are going to be D1 and act Big Time, we need fans like that"

Gene stopped his swing at tee box looks at Saul and says "I gotta hand it to him... he went on Notre Dame message board calling them out for NOT ever scheduling a FCS team ever and low and behold they called me"

IALTO..

southcliffbison
08-24-2020, 09:56 PM

Negotiate.

Hey, Kevin, Chapo does post some interesting information at times and there's no reason to act like a Nancy and jump on his shit every time he posts. I know you're being facetious when you're telling to do this or that. I would love to go to south Florida in October for a football game...………..get it done, Chapo.

Kevin
08-24-2020, 10:06 PM
Hey, Kevin, Chapo does post some interesting information at times and there's no reason to act like a Nancy and jump on his shit every time he posts. I know you're being facetious when you're telling to do this or that. I would love to go to south Florida in October for a football game...………..get it done, Chapo.

I'm not jumping Lake's shit. He just needs a gentle push in the right direction to reach his full potential. His above story about Gene Taylor proves it. I do recognize the meme is becoming a bit tired, but that's Heffray's fault. He was 80% of my meme posts and now he's gone. Because he's a quitter.

I'm in for UCF more than USF btw. They claimed a National Championship a few years ago and rightfully claim they get no respect. We could have the No Respect Bowl to determine the true dark horse in the NCAA.

EC8CH
08-24-2020, 11:18 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/ACtC-3fetQJtp09TmwHMPQTtSnlq3eK8YmVT6f44usyBNaWyM-2c5vGHU-wZm1rXZdeN5oSP94RXG69_c_IWKlHGmrUdoFN1kB0yedod0AVP wjO9ICKx7IlgIJMYja_3Rc4-x_LwzRIzq3qZ9uOuPwGZQV_UPg=w360-h272-no?authuser=0

El_Chapo
08-24-2020, 11:43 PM
http://www.gifntext.com/temp_generations/kHjJbbEN.gif

whoa EC8CH posted something 1 time that moved me!

EC8CH
08-25-2020, 12:00 AM
whoa EC8CH posted something 1 time that moved me!

It is the one thing that brings us all together.

PlainsBison
08-25-2020, 03:01 AM
In the world of corporate communications, it’s typical to not speculate, to say that you are looking for games and then don’t get them. You are better off saying nothing and when things are finalized, you then announce. That’s why I have hope, seeing how they are choosing their words.

El_Chapo
08-25-2020, 04:18 AM
https://twitter.com/BrianMacWriter/status/1297920182275514370?s=20

ndsu jax state ^^

however in last hour. jax st added Mercer and UNA

another NDSU/JAX ST tweet

Tyler

@BravesGeek
· 2h
A JSU/NDSU matchup is coming up. Hell yes

ah screw it. time to hit up their message board too. Kevin.. you paying me right??

https://gojaxstate.boards.net/thread/5681/schedule?page=3&scrollTo=98200

Bisonwinagn
08-25-2020, 04:34 AM
Like I said earlier it was stupid to stop practicing and make a way too early decision on the season. I don't think they can play in September if they wanted to because of lack of practice time. So now any September games can't be scheduled.

56BISON73
08-25-2020, 04:39 AM
Like I said earlier it was stupid to stop practicing and make a way too early decision on the season. I don't think they can play in September if they wanted to because of lack of practice time. So now any September games can't be scheduled.

There is also a rule that you can only have so many practices before your first game.

CalBison97
08-25-2020, 01:00 PM

Brake leaving? What’s the scoop?

El_Chapo
08-25-2020, 01:05 PM

he was crying for weeks about how college football shouldn't be played, wha waaa covid this, covid that.

MankatoBison
08-25-2020, 01:18 PM

No, He's just so blinded by hatred for orange man that anything that can be seen as a return to normalcy, specifically, the return of college football, triggers him severely. I'm talkin' curled up in the fetal position, shaking, Whispering "yes we can" to himself until he runs out of tears and drifts off to sleep and his mom tucks him in.

I'm deeply critical of "Orange man" myself, however Keith's obsession of the man has crossed over to the unhinged variety. Seriously unwell.

I think Keith does a good job. Probably not going to find alot of guys out there who can chat effortlessly about FCS football for hours a day like he does. Although I think Chris hanson is great too, but Im sure that he doesnt want to do play by play for womens soccer etc like Keith does. I think hes a big net positive for 1660

Bison03
08-25-2020, 01:19 PM
he was crying for weeks about how college football shouldn't be played, wha waaa covid this, covid that.
He is a great talk show host and play by play guy......but....sometimes he can be annoying. Example. Yesterday’s biggest NDSU story in months is that they scheduled a football game for the fall. How does he start his show? Talking about the NBA for 15 minutes! Then all throughout the show, he kept saying, “if this game actually happens”, and “I have my doubts the game will be played”, and “dont get too excited yet about this game.” Now, I get the fact that that this whole situation is fluid and can change day by day. But come on man, you are on BISON 1660, the home for NDSU athletics! You should be excited and promoting the excitement for NDSU athletics without your agenda.

bisonaudit
08-25-2020, 01:27 PM
He is a great talk show host and play by play guy......but....sometimes he can be annoying. Example. Yesterday’s biggest NDSU story in months is that they scheduled a football game for the fall. How does he start his show? Talking about the NBA for 15 minutes! Then all throughout the show, he kept saying, “if this game actually happens”, and “I have my doubts the game will be played”, and “dont get too excited yet about this game.” Now, I get the fact that that this whole situation is fluid and can change day by day. But come on man, you are on BISON 1660, the home for NDSU athletics! You should be excited and promoting the excitement for NDSU athletics without your agenda.

Yes, the only agenda that belongs on that radio station is NDSUs.

Gully
08-25-2020, 01:30 PM
To me he just sounds whiny and like he's yelling all the time. When he gets political, it is hard to listen, so I don't.

El_Chapo
08-25-2020, 01:55 PM
Ok Jacksonvlle State currently has 4 games scheduled. They would defintely play NDSU

they will fly to Fargo. heck, a trip to Jacksonville Alabama might be fun hour 45min from Atlanta, I bet the food is amazing!

THEsocalledfan
08-25-2020, 01:57 PM
Ok Jacksonvlle State currently has 4 games scheduled. They would defintely play NDSU

they will fly to Fargo. heck, a trip to Jacksonville Alabama might be fun hour 45min from Atlanta, I bet the food is amazing!

I agree with others that Larson is in crazy contract negotiation game. He's waiting for folks to capitulate as they know NDSU will play if the deal is right.....

its a crazy game of chicken.....

AKBison
08-25-2020, 02:05 PM
To me he just sounds whiny and like he's yelling all the time. When he gets political, it is hard to listen, so I don't.

I don't listen to him anymore either. He's just to political, it's vomit inducing.

NovaBison
08-25-2020, 02:35 PM
I don't listen to him anymore either. He's just to political, it's vomit inducing.

He is the poster child for what Clay Travis calls a "Corona Bro"

NovaBison
08-25-2020, 02:37 PM
I agree with others that Larson is in crazy contract negotiation game. He's waiting for folks to capitulate as they know NDSU will play if the deal is right.....

its a crazy game of chicken.....

That's exactly what he is doing -- frustrating for fans, but in the long run, probably better for the health of the program. (at least that's what I tell myself)

scottietohottie
08-25-2020, 02:57 PM
I was just joking before but it is kind of crappy that it took the seniors telling Matt they weren't playing in the spring to get them a game.

THEsocalledfan
08-25-2020, 03:17 PM
I was just joking before but it is kind of crappy that it took the seniors telling Matt they weren't playing in the spring to get them a game.

Hard to say without Lake's texts. Could have been posturing the entire time, but I admit that was a pretty aggressive position he took......hey, he got a 2 for 1 deal with a quality team. Now, let's just hope he pulls an FBS rabbit out of his hat......

TAILG8R
08-25-2020, 03:59 PM
No, He's just so blinded by hatred for orange man that anything that can be seen as a return to normalcy, specifically, the return of college football, triggers him severely. I'm talkin' curled up in the fetal position, shaking, Whispering "yes we can" to himself until he runs out of tears and drifts off to sleep and his mom tucks him in.

I'm deeply critical of "Orange man" myself, however Keith's obsession of the man has crossed over to the unhinged variety. Seriously unwell.

I think Keith does a good job. Probably not going to find alot of guys out there who can chat effortlessly about FCS football for hours a day like he does. Although I think Chris hanson is great too, but Im sure that he doesnt want to do play by play for womens soccer etc like Keith does. I think hes a big net positive for 1660

Woof please NEVER let Chris Hanson have a sports talk show. Can't hardly stand the few minutes he's on the way it is.

totoinfl
08-25-2020, 04:21 PM

Exactly...perhaps the self isolation has made him crazy, but his twitter feed is almost unreadable.

totoinfl
08-25-2020, 04:22 PM

Don't they have limited practice hours based on whether they have games scheduled versus not?

Gully
08-25-2020, 04:36 PM
Exactly...perhaps the self isolation has made him crazy, but his twitter feed is almost unreadable.

Yep, I unfollowed him a long time ago