PDA

View Full Version : NDSU BIG 12 OOC games 2020

El_Chapo
08-12-2020, 04:06 PM
BIG 12 can each play 1 Non Conference game this Fall:

NDSU can play all 3 weeks if they wanted to..

Here's what we got:

Baylor: (has Kansas non-conf game)
Iowa State: Sept 5 12 19 (Louis-Lafayette)
K State: Arkansas State
Kansas: (has Baylor non-conf game)
Oklahoma: Missouri State
OKlahoma State: Sept 5 12 19 Tulsa
Texas: DONE (has UTEP)
Texas Tech: DONE (has UTEP)
West Virginia: Sept 5 12 19 (Eastern Kentucky)
TCU: Sept 5 12 19 (SMU)

lets up date and cross them off

HerdBot
08-12-2020, 04:36 PM
The odds of then completing a full season is slim, but non conference games are early

El_Chapo
08-12-2020, 04:46 PM
NDSU could play a 3 week schedule:

Kansas State @ manhattan ... drive south to Stillwater
Oklahoma State @ stillwater ... drive south to Norman
Oklahoma @ norman.

3 week roadtrip, Quarantined by themselves the entire time. LETS GO!!

JMB
08-12-2020, 05:00 PM
NDSU could play a 3 week schedule:

Kansas State @ manhattan ... drive south to Stillwater
Oklahoma State @ stillwater ... drive south to Norman
Oklahoma @ norman.

3 week roadtrip, Quarantined by themselves the entire time. LETS GO!!

Interesting idea.... Although it seems to be forgetting the Student part of "Student Athlete".

El_Chapo
08-12-2020, 05:11 PM
Interesting idea.... Although it seems to be forgetting the Student part of "Student Athlete".

Distance Learning.. Virtually.. everyone is doing it in 2020 :)

Hammersmith
08-12-2020, 05:13 PM
The odds of then completing a full season is slim, but non conference games are early

Doesn't matter. Big 12 will be cancelling fall football by the end of next week.* Book it.

CUSA and AAC will cancel immediately after.

SEC, ACC, & SBC will cancel within a week of that.

*The next game changer will be the cancellation of all the DI fall championships. That's going to happen by the end of this week or the beginning of next. I believe we're currently at 16 of 32 conferences still technically playing. Word is that the Big Sky will cancel/postpone the rest of their fall sports tomorrow. A bunch of other conferences have scheduled meetings over the next few days where they will probably do the same. At that point, all the fall DI sports will be below the 50% threshold and the championships will be postponed to the spring(at best). Will schools/conferences be able to justify playing fall football when they've postponed every other fall sport? I don't think enough will be willing to accept that much potential liability. Word is that the Big 12 is pretty evenly split right now; I think this will be enough to push some fence-sitters over the edge.

ndsubison1
08-12-2020, 05:31 PM
Tryout for FBS?

We can find out how bad these teams really want to play, if they do then schedule NDSU.

I am still doubting that any CFball will happen this year. I think they're just trying to give us hope and kicking the can down the road.

JMB
08-12-2020, 06:42 PM
Distance Learning.. Virtually.. everyone is doing it in 2020 :)

UND was ahead of the curve!!!

El_Chapo
08-12-2020, 07:12 PM
Ol Gene Taylor signed Arkansas State quick.. he wanted NOTHING to do with NDSU.:hide::hide:

Kevin
08-12-2020, 07:13 PM
Ol Gene Taylor signed Arkansas State quick.. he wanted NOTHING to do with NDSU.:hide::hide:

That was an impossible situation for them. They'd have said Kli/Gene were giving a spoon to their old program and then we'd have beat them (again), embarrassing them in front of an even larger audience. Their fans/donors would have said why fucking do that when we could have played Arkansas State.

So they're playing Arkansas State, whoever the hell that is.

ndsubison1
08-12-2020, 07:52 PM

They are trying to do regional games for their OOC. Iowa State might be the only realistic one.

AKBison
08-12-2020, 08:16 PM
That was an impossible situation for them. They'd have said Kli/Gene were giving a spoon to their old program and then we'd have beat them (again), embarrassing them in front of an even larger audience. Their fans/donors would have said why fucking do that when we could have played Arkansas State.

So they're playing Arkansas State, whoever the hell that is.

Former 1AA National champ and your comment about them is what most folks in the Big XII are saying about us. Sometimes the jokes right themselves on here.

CalBison97
08-12-2020, 09:02 PM
Former 1AA National champ and your comment about them is what most folks in the Big XII are saying about us. Sometimes the jokes right themselves on here.

Joke? I think if Ark St won 8 of 9 championships, hosted multiple ESPN Gamedays, somehow turned into QBU, and had gone 3-0 against MVFC teams, most folks in the MVFC would take them a bit more seriously. I have a hard time believing most of the Big 12 think we are a joke.

Kevin
08-12-2020, 09:03 PM

Wasn't a joke. I just legit have no idea who they are.

People saying they don't know who we are in 2020 are full of shit, for the record. Before the ESPN coverage, Game Days, Wentz it made total sense. Now, it's just trolling.

Kevin
08-12-2020, 09:22 PM

Also it seems they were a runner up. Unless I'm missing something.

Very notable indeed.

Kevin
08-12-2020, 09:30 PM
Joke? I think if Ark St won 8 of 9 championships, hosted multiple ESPN Gamedays, somehow turned into QBU, and had gone 3-0 against MVFC teams, most folks in the MVFC would take them a bit more seriously. I have a hard time believing most of the Big 12 think we are a joke.

Listen bro they came in 2nd place in 1986. As LakesChapo would say: google it, learn.

Bison bison
08-12-2020, 09:32 PM
Doesn't matter. Big 12 will be cancelling fall football by the end of next week.* Book it.

CUSA and AAC will cancel immediately after.

SEC, ACC, & SBC will cancel within a week of that.

*The next game changer will be the cancellation of all the DI fall championships. That's going to happen by the end of this week or the beginning of next. I believe we're currently at 16 of 32 conferences still technically playing. Word is that the Big Sky will cancel/postpone the rest of their fall sports tomorrow. A bunch of other conferences have scheduled meetings over the next few days where they will probably do the same. At that point, all the fall DI sports will be below the 50% threshold and the championships will be postponed to the spring(at best). Will schools/conferences be able to justify playing fall football when they've postponed every other fall sport? I don't think enough will be willing to accept that much potential liability. Word is that the Big 12 is pretty evenly split right now; I think this will be enough to push some fence-sitters over the edge.

Let em.

The truth of the matter is that most power 5 schools need football $ or they're s.o.l.

mnriverbison
08-12-2020, 09:36 PM

People saying they don't know who we are in 2020 are full of shit, for the record. Before the ESPN coverage, Game Days, Wentz it made total sense. Now, it's just trolling.

Not so sure. I think there is a stark awareness cliff. People who watch gameday and don't do weddings in the fall and follow the hardcore football fan discourse absolutely are aware of the Bison dynasty. One of the college football discourse running jokes you see on say reddit college football is that only a fool would schedule NDSU. They all know.

But I'd wager that one degree of fandom beyond that? Even people who are season ticket holders of their alma mater or hometown team I'd believe that they don't, and a degree beyond that? People who are only really aware of their home team and top 5-10 FBS programs it's probably less than 50%.

AKBison
08-12-2020, 09:45 PM
Listen bro they came in 2nd place in 1986. As LakesChapo would say: google it, learn.

Since when have facts mattered at Bisonville? ;)

Bison bison
08-12-2020, 09:49 PM
Not so sure. I think there is a stark awareness cliff. People who watch gameday and don't do weddings in the fall and follow the hardcore football fan discourse absolutely are aware of the Bison dynasty. One of the college football discourse running jokes you see on say reddit college football is that only a fool would schedule NDSU. They all know.

But I'd wager that one degree of fandom beyond that? Even people who are season ticket holders of their alma mater or hometown team I'd believe that they don't, and a degree beyond that? People who are only really aware of their home team and top 5-10 FBS programs it's probably less than 50%.

There are people who don't know who babe Ruth is. What's your point.

23Bison
08-12-2020, 10:15 PM

Isn’t he that wimpy Deer?

bri-dog
08-12-2020, 10:39 PM
Isn’t he that wimpy Deer?

I think he's that dud they named a candy bar after. Or maybe that was Grover Cleveland's daughter. One of the two.

EC8CH
08-12-2020, 10:50 PM

https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.444768736.1581/fposter,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.u2.jpg

oldmantutters
08-12-2020, 11:00 PM

So they're playing Arkansas State, whoever the hell that is.Isn't that the team that NDSU opened the SHAC with?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

DCBison
08-12-2020, 11:44 PM
There's pretty good NDSU talk by the guys on todays' HuskerExtra podcast. I would link it, but I'm two technologically stoopid. In years past guys like these would pretty much laugh NDSU off as a worthy opponent. Not these boys. Nice for our team to get some Props. NDSU/Cornhusker talk starts around the 6:25 mark.

IzzyFlexion
08-12-2020, 11:55 PM
There's pretty good NDSU talk by the guys on todays' HuskerExtra podcast. I would link it, but I'm two technologically stoopid. In years past guys like these would pretty much laugh NDSU off as a worthy opponent. Not these boys. Nice for our team to get some Props. NDSU/Cornhusker talk starts around the 6:25 mark.

Here it is.

http://www.dailystarjournal.com/sports/national/husker-extra-podcast-a-wild-couple-of-days-and-nebraskas-continued-attempts-to-play-this/article_530d1776-3660-50c4-bd65-b41236b45c5e.html

GreenfieldBison
08-13-2020, 12:03 AM

Or teenagers. Or veeeeeeeery casual “fans”.

EC8CH
08-13-2020, 12:15 AM
Here it is.

http://www.dailystarjournal.com/sports/national/husker-extra-podcast-a-wild-couple-of-days-and-nebraskas-continued-attempts-to-play-this/article_530d1776-3660-50c4-bd65-b41236b45c5e.html

The mvfc... Probably the best FCS league... Along with the Southland..

Hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha

Àaaaaaaaaaaaaa

EC8CH
08-13-2020, 12:45 AM

Àaaaaaaaaaaaaa

He said Southland

Kevin
08-13-2020, 12:47 AM
He said Southland

Well at least we know who voted for Briscoe for the Payton that year.

Husker fans.

DCBison
08-13-2020, 02:02 AM
Here it is.

Thank you Sir!

DCBison
08-13-2020, 02:03 AM

Àaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Yeah, that was a jaw-droppingly stupid comment by him :facepalm2:

MNLonghorn10
08-13-2020, 01:56 PM
Is the southland the one with Sam Houston and central Arkansas?

EC8CH
08-13-2020, 02:05 PM
Is the southland the one with Sam Houston and central Arkansas?

Who knows what teams are included. All I know is they throw that yearly party down south.

Bison bison
08-13-2020, 03:04 PM
Southern speed, you stupid bastards.

southcliffbison
08-13-2020, 03:22 PM
Southern speed, you stupid bastards.

What's that stuff they sell on street corners in Tallahassee and Atlanta have to do with football ???:frog:

JMB
08-13-2020, 04:33 PM
He said Southland

This reminded me of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" when the Judge told his minions not to laugh themselves to death.

DePereBisonFan
08-13-2020, 06:23 PM
Here it is.

Nebraska back to the Big 12...you heard it on Bisonville first

ByeSonBusiness
08-13-2020, 06:26 PM
Nebraska back to the Big 12...you heard it on Bisonville first

Nebraska isn't leaving the B1G for the Big XII unless they got kicked out for some reason.

Rock
08-13-2020, 06:37 PM
Nebraska isn't leaving the B1G for the Big XII unless they got kicked out for some reason.

What is Notre Dame doing without a conference to push them around?

El_Chapo
08-13-2020, 08:36 PM
Tick Tock.... almost another work day gone. 0 games scheduled.

Hammersmith
08-13-2020, 10:13 PM
Tick Tock.... almost another work day gone. 0 games scheduled.

Tick Tock.... almost another work day gone. 6 more conferences postponing the fall season.

AKBison
08-13-2020, 11:44 PM
Tick Tock.... almost another work day gone. 6 more conferences postponing the fall season.

Meanwhile our student athletes continue to practice so we are trying to play, get on board and back the kids.

El_Chapo
08-14-2020, 02:31 PM
still 4 BIG 12 teams looking for that PLUS 1

hellllllllllllooo book it danno!

ByeSonBusiness
08-14-2020, 03:52 PM

I think the three remaining P5 conferences are going to move forward. Just a hunch. No easily articulable reason for thinking so.

Bison bison
08-14-2020, 04:14 PM
I bet Izzy's left but that if the SEC postponed the conference season to the spring, that they won't hogtie teams that want to play.

NDSUSR
08-14-2020, 04:33 PM
Roehl is a funny guy.

https://twitter.com/JPfingsten/status/1294308999672799234

El_Chapo
08-14-2020, 04:41 PM
Roehl is a funny guy.

https://twitter.com/JPfingsten/status/1294308999672799234

Trey Lance "You Don't want these problems" HAHAHA

NDSUSR
08-14-2020, 04:50 PM
D.J and Marcus chirped in. Its hilarious.

AKBison
08-15-2020, 02:07 PM
TCU and possibly WVU looking for games today...sigh

TAILG8R
08-15-2020, 03:10 PM
TCU and possibly WVU looking for games today...sighThey forgot the last sentence ... except NDSU.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

23Bison
08-15-2020, 04:05 PM
If they needed games today then they probably more likely than not needed games 2 days ago. If we were North Texas or some other G5 school then they could probably make it happen. They don’t want FCS competition let alone one that will probably beat them.

El_Chapo
08-15-2020, 04:29 PM
TCU and possibly WVU looking for games today...sigh

yea see.. this is the problem. I BET WE DIDN'T CONTACT EVERYONE. they let the Nebraska game hoax permeate into the news and sat back and said "people will see that and then just assume we exhausted every avenue"

and yes BEING FCS HURT US IN THESE CASES!! we need to be FBS if we want to be taken seriously

HerdBot
08-15-2020, 10:23 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29669259/nine-oklahoma-sooners-test-positive-covid-19-returning-break%3fplatform=amp

AKBison
08-16-2020, 12:04 AM
If they needed games today then they probably more likely than not needed games 2 days ago. If we were North Texas or some other G5 school then they could probably make it happen. They don’t want FCS competition let alone one that will probably beat them.

Nope, Tennessee State pulled out today.

SDbison
08-16-2020, 01:55 AM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29669259/nine-oklahoma-sooners-test-positive-covid-19-returning-break%3fplatform=amp No way! Like almost all young people these players will never be hospitalized. FACT. Big fricking deal. Calling off fooball pussy move!

HerdBot
08-16-2020, 03:19 AM
No way! Like almost all young people these players will never be hospitalized. FACT. Big fricking deal. Calling off fooball pussy move!

Ahh.. possible inflamation of the heart means nothing. Rub some dirt on it. Tell that to the 5 Big Ten players who now have a rare heart problem

SDbison
08-16-2020, 03:27 AM
Ahh.. possible inflamation of the heart means nothing. Rub some dirt on it. Tell that to the 5 Big Ten players who now have a rare heart problem Lets make up shit to fit the narrative

bisonaudit
08-16-2020, 03:45 AM
What is Notre Dame doing without a conference to push them around?

Last I looked, joining a conference. At least temporarily. Also, NBC gives zero shits about Nebraska.

HerdBot
08-16-2020, 04:05 AM
Lets make up shit to fit the narrative

Actually it's 10 Big Ten players who have myocarditis. I'm sure ESPN and BTN wanted to change the narrative so they couldn't air games when their ratings are in the toilet. I'm sure they dont want the money. That really fits the narrative.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2904115-report-at-least-10-big-ten-football-players-have-heart-condition-myocarditis

GreenfieldBison
08-16-2020, 04:14 AM
Actually it's 10 Big Ten players who have myocarditis. I'm sure ESPN and BTN wanted to change the narrative so they couldn't air games when their ratings are in the toilet. I'm sure they dont want the money. That really fits the narrative.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2904115-report-at-least-10-big-ten-football-players-have-heart-condition-myocarditis

Not sure how myocarditis differs from pericarditis but my wife has suffered the latter. Former marathoner who could give me all the challenge I wanted in a foot race. Never again after that and Mayo had no answer.

But c’mon man. Everybody knows that rubbing dirt on is not the answer. Windex is your friend.

bisonaudit
08-16-2020, 04:29 AM
Not sure how myocarditis differs from pericarditis but my wife has suffered the latter. Former marathoner who could give me all the challenge I wanted in a foot race. Never again after that and Mayo had no answer.

But c’mon man. Everybody knows that rubbing dirt on is not the answer. Windex is your friend.

They’re Apples and Oranges, but both fruits.

GreenfieldBison
08-16-2020, 04:38 AM
They’re Apples and Oranges, but both fruits.

You made me break out the google. Yeah myocarditis seems worse by quite a bit. Pericarditis was no treat for her.

bisonaudit
08-16-2020, 04:41 AM
You made me break out the google. Yeah myocarditis seems worse by quite a bit. Pericarditis was no treat for her.

I was referring to Windex and rubbing dirt on it.

GreenfieldBison
08-16-2020, 04:45 AM
I was referring to Windex and rubbing dirt on it.

It’s late here. Please don’t test me like that.

ByeSonBusiness
08-17-2020, 03:38 AM
Last I looked, joining a conference. At least temporarily. Also, NBC gives zero shits about Nebraska.

Watch ND win the ACC this year lol.

tony
08-17-2020, 01:14 PM

Dude, only idiots rub dirt on things nowadays. I only use consecrated potting soil.

scottietohottie
08-17-2020, 01:32 PM
Okie dokie I'm an idiot!

MankatoBison
08-17-2020, 03:00 PM
This is not downplaying the risks of Miocarditis, but these players are going to be on campus, as well as being allowed to play/train/practice up to 20 hours a week. They're allowed to go to cafeterias, play intramural sports, go to parties, and bars and restaurants.
Cancelling the football season, but still allowing EVERYTHING ELSE, is completely stupid, unless you believe that the only way COVID can be passed to other people is exclusively through playing football GAMES.

Pick one:
1. This is such a lethal health risk to young and healthy individuals that we can have NO in person school or activities, or cafeterias, or intramural sports
OR
2. We acknowledge that these students are statistically more likely to die in a car crash, commit suicide, get murdered, or die of the flu than die of covid. And as a calculated risk, we are going to allow colleges to open and resume normal activities.

Cant have both.

Cancelling football season (but not closing campuses) is virtue signalling of the highest order, because we KNOW for 100% FACT that this will be transmitted like wildfire through colleges this fall. Football teams can create a quasi bubble, but universities cannot bubble 10-50k kids. They are saying that Its not safe to attempt a college football season because of the health risks of having kids on campus. But they're still allowing all the kids on campus?!

Gotta pick a narrative, because the national college football media coverage on this is looking more and more like a twighlight zone episode rather than the news.
I'm not advocating for one thing or another, just simply pointing out the cognitive dissonance required to try and take the "best of both worlds" approach. Its either we need to close campuses down, or we need to open everything up. The risk to players are from within their own student body, not from playing other football teams

AKBison
08-17-2020, 03:11 PM
This is not downplaying the risks of Miocarditis, but these players are going to be on campus, as well as being allowed to play/train/practice up to 20 hours a week. They're allowed to go to cafeterias, play intramural sports, go to parties, and bars and restaurants.
Cancelling the football season, but still allowing EVERYTHING ELSE, is completely stupid, unless you believe that the only way COVID can be passed to other people is exclusively through playing football GAMES.

Pick one:
1. This is such a lethal health risk to young and healthy individuals that we can have NO in person school or activities, or cafeterias, or intramural sports
OR
2. We acknowledge that these students are statistically more likely to die in a car crash, commit suicide, get murdered, or die of the flu than die of covid. And as a calculated risk, we are going to allow colleges to open and resume normal activities.

Cant have both.

Cancelling football season (but not closing campuses) is virtue signalling of the highest order, because we KNOW for 100% FACT that this will be transmitted like wildfire through colleges this fall. Football teams can create a quasi bubble, but universities cannot bubble 10-50k kids. They are saying that Its not safe to attempt a college football season because of the health risks of having kids on campus. But they're still allowing all the kids on campus?!

Gotta pick a narrative, because the national college football media coverage on this is looking more and more like a twighlight zone episode rather than the news.
I'm not advocating for one thing or another, just simply pointing out the cognitive dissonance required to try and take the "best of both worlds" approach. Its either we need to close campuses down, or we need to open everything up. The risk to players are from within their own student body, not from playing other football teams

Post of the year!

El_Chapo
08-17-2020, 03:11 PM
TCU to play SMU now

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article244980330.html

WVU to play Eastern Kentucky

Iowa state to play Lousiana Lafayette

Oklahoma St to play Tulsa.

if only.... NDSU was FBS. hmmm

23Bison
08-17-2020, 03:41 PM
TCU to play SMU now

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article244980330.html

WVU to play Eastern Kentucky

Iowa state to play Lousiana Lafayette

Oklahoma St to play Tulsa.

if only.... NDSU was FBS. hmmm

They want G5 FBS games. Not G5 FBS games that they’ll lose... or something, I don’t know.

southcliffbison
08-18-2020, 11:34 PM
The undies canceled their game with KState......and NDSU practically begging (or so we're told) teams to schedule the Bison.........would that weiner ML have don't the same thing? Are the Fawkers leading the country in positive Covid tests? I'm reading 25 players tested positive......do their players all stay in one big dorm room, like a barracks? Do they have to eat out of the same bowl? Are they only allowed one towel per three players or what ??? What's the deal up in El Forko Grande?

23Bison
08-19-2020, 01:03 AM
Well if there was ever a program to not model yourself after when it comes to scheduling games and financial advice it would definitely be UND.

Rock
08-19-2020, 02:23 AM
The undies canceled their game with KState......and NDSU practically begging (or so we're told) teams to schedule the Bison.........would that weiner ML have don't the same thing? Are the Fawkers leading the country in positive Covid tests? I'm reading 25 players tested positive......do their players all stay in one big dorm room, like a barracks? Do they have to eat out of the same bowl? Are they only allowed one towel per three players or what ??? What's the deal up in El Forko Grande?

They get to use the hockey players damp towels and eat their leftovers.

El_Chapo
09-12-2020, 02:30 PM
Kansas State plays Arkansas State. 11am on FOXTV nationally

(too bad they didn't ask NDSU!)

K state is 13 pt fav

El_Chapo
09-12-2020, 07:42 PM
iowa st loses... lol