PDA

View Full Version : Oregon Tickets Update

NDSUKurt
06-09-2020, 03:58 PM
Oregon single game tickets were supposed to go on sale tomorrow.

I just called and talked with a person at Oregon about single game tickets. He said their single game tickets will not go on sale until sometime in July. He did not give a date or time of the month.

Group tickets of 15 or more will possibly go on sale by the end of June.

I asked about reduced capacity. He said they are still looking into it. (it is obviously too far out to know for sure) but they are developing what that would like like if needed.

He also said NDSU fans are crazy - they got over 11,000 requests for that game alone.

I just wanted to pass it along for everyone so they can try to plan accordingly.

ndsubison1
06-09-2020, 04:26 PM
I wouldnt expect them to really have anything specific. It's a waiting game. The game may not be sold out, but I could see most NDSU fans who were able to get tickets allowed in.

OrygunBison
06-09-2020, 04:53 PM
In spite of a surge that is currently going on, we've made a lot of progress with a return from the pandemic out here. The approach is county by county. Lane County, where Eugene is, has not been hit very hard at all. In fact, Multnomah County - which includes Portland - is the only county that has not entered Phase One but that change is happening this Friday. Much of the state is deep into Phase Two. Our governor has been very cautious and has done a very good job of coordinating with the Washington and California governors to have a regional approach. Her caution during this time, in spite of a bunch of mockery by some of you on this board, is our best chance of having butts in the stands in September. It is in our best interest to not be receiving much information right now. If they communicated more, it would err on the side of caution and it would likely displease everyone wanting to be at the game.

southcliffbison
06-09-2020, 04:54 PM
Oregon single game tickets were supposed to go on sale tomorrow.

I just called and talked with a person at Oregon about single game tickets. He said their single game tickets will not go on sale until sometime in July. He did not give a date or time of the month.

Group tickets of 15 or more will possibly go on sale by the end of June

I asked about reduced capacity. He said they are still looking into it. (it is obviously too far out to know for sure) but they are developing what that would like like if needed.

He also said NDSU fans are crazy - they got over 11,000 requests for that game alone.

I just wanted to pass it along for everyone so they can try to plan accordingly.

11, 000 requests? Where's the fatigue? With the tickets already sold by TM"s, there could be 13k to 15K Bison fans in attendance...….makes for a great atmosphere; still holding out hope they let us in.

MankatoBison
06-09-2020, 06:39 PM
11, 000 requests? Where's the fatigue? With the tickets already sold by TM"s, there could be 13k to 15K Bison fans in attendance...….makes for a great atmosphere; still holding out hope they let us in.

The "fatigue" has never and will never apply to FBS games. That's the entire point. Conflating standard FCS games with playing Oregon is intellectually dishonest in every possible way

El_Chapo
06-09-2020, 06:51 PM

No Fatigue for FBS Football dude. wake up & smell what's happening :)

SDbison
06-09-2020, 07:01 PM
In spite of a surge that is currently going on, we've made a lot of progress with a return from the pandemic out here. The approach is county by county. Lane County, where Eugene is, has not been hit very hard at all. In fact, Multnomah County - which includes Portland - is the only county that has not entered Phase One but that change is happening this Friday. Much of the state is deep into Phase Two. Our governor has been very cautious and has done a very good job of coordinating with the Washington and California governors to have a regional approach. Her caution during this time, in spite of a bunch of mockery by some of you on this board, is our best chance of having butts in the stands in September. It is in our best interest to not be receiving much information right now. If they communicated more, it would err on the side of caution and it would likely displease everyone wanting to be at the game. So glad the government is looking out for us. In your case sounds like you are more than happy to be in lock down mode.

OrygunBison
06-09-2020, 07:39 PM
So glad the government is looking out for us. In your case sounds like you are more than happy to be in lock down mode.

Not at all, Richard.

bri-dog
06-09-2020, 10:29 PM
Does Jeff Culhane read Bisonville now too? :)

https://twitter.com/jeffculhane/status/1270482433843040262

Hammersmith
06-09-2020, 11:27 PM
So glad the government is looking out for us. In your case sounds like you are more than happy to be in lock down mode.

If you think we're in lock down mode out here, you have no clue what you're talking about and/or you're listening to some pretty shitty sources.

Christopher Moen
06-10-2020, 01:51 AM

For the sake of his good mental health, I hope not.

El_Chapo
06-10-2020, 02:05 AM

yup and all my other accounts too :) smart guy I'd say!

Hammersmith
06-10-2020, 03:02 AM
Not at all, Richard.

Holy shit. I looked into confirmed cases between Cass County(Fargo) and Lane County(Eugene). What the fuck are you guys doing back in ND?

Cass - pop: 182k; confirmed cases: 1580; deaths: 43

Lane - pop 382k; confirmed cases: 81; deaths: 3

Per capita, Cass has more deaths than Lane has confirmed cases.

bisonfanette
06-10-2020, 04:20 AM
Holy shit. I looked into confirmed cases between Cass County(Fargo) and Lane County(Eugene). What the fuck are you guys doing back in ND?

Interesting!!!

MNLonghorn10
06-10-2020, 05:08 AM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200610/dc493c5c091a458dde9f007cf0b07032.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200610/272d070cb0444911942c694ea129b535.jpg

Oregon has one of the scariest inclines in the country next to Arizona. I hope it’s a result in increased testing and you’re actually pumping out sub 5% positivity rates.

I’m not going to turn this into a dick measuring contest on who has handled covid better than who since we’re all the same country. Fargo/ND has been wide open for almost 6 weeks now. I’m not sure what Oregon’s been up to. What’s phase 2 contain? We know Portland sounds about as locked down as LA and NYC

Hammersmith
06-10-2020, 05:22 AM
Oregon has one of the scariest inclines in the country next to Arizona. I hope it’s a result in increased testing and you’re actually pumping out sub 5% positivity rates.

I’m not going to turn this into a dick measuring contest on who has handled covid better than who since we’re all the same country. Fargo/ND has been wide open for almost 6 weeks now. I’m not sure what Oregon’s been up to. What’s phase 2 contain? We know Portland sounds about as locked down as LA and NYC

Gyms have been open for over a week. Restaurants have been open for take out all along. Bars and inside seating for restaurants started opening about two weeks ago. I may not be typical(I'm something of a hermit in the best of times), but I'd say my life is 85% or more back to normal. Not all the stores are open that I'd like, but that is mostly the choice of the owners. Plus still no movie theaters and the like. I guess that's phase 3.

Overall, I'd say customer mask use is about 60%. (I'm part of the 40%.) I've noticed the higher end stores have mask use around 80-90%, while at lower end stores it might be as low as 40%. Of course employee mask use is close to 100%.

Also, lots and lots of people outside.

I looked up the county figures:
14,180 tests
14,100 negative results
80 confirmed positive results
1 presumptive case
74 recoveries
4 active cases
3 deaths

Looks like a big reason for the recent spike was a single seafood packing plant in a relatively isolated community on the Pacific coast. That one facility was responsible for 124 new cases over the last couple days. That pretty much accounts for that big spike in the graph you posted. The other big recent outbreak has been the state pen with 167 cases.

MNLonghorn10
06-10-2020, 05:31 AM
Sounds a lot like Minny in terms of where you’re at although our bars, restaurants and gyms should’ve been opened on June 1 which we all thought. They’re actually allowed to open today(Wednesday) at 50%. Gyms 25%. Max capacity of 250 people.

Mask usage looks about the same here. At least in Moorhead. Haven’t been to many fargo stores besides Home Depot

bisonaudit
06-10-2020, 05:51 AM
"we conclude that face masks reduce the daily growth rate of reported infections by around 40%."

https://marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2020/06/a-new-study-of-face-masks.html

Hammersmith
06-10-2020, 05:56 AM
Sounds a lot like Minny in terms of where you’re at although our bars, restaurants and gyms should’ve been opened on June 1 which we all thought. They’re actually allowed to open today(Wednesday) at 50%. Gyms 25%. Max capacity of 250 people.

Mask usage looks about the same here. At least in Moorhead. Haven’t been to many fargo stores besides Home Depot

I edited my earlier post with some new info. The big spike in Oregon's numbers seem to be coming from a pair of workplace outbreaks. The state pen for 167 and a shrimp processing plant the last couple days with 124. I think the numbers would be increasing without them, but it would be a much milder rise.

SamsRams
06-12-2020, 10:48 AM

The 11k number is the team makers number not the amount of people requesting tickets from Oregon

Hammerhead
06-12-2020, 02:21 PM
The 11k number is the team makers number not the amount of people requesting tickets from Oregon

Is the 11K the number of requests the NDSU ticket office received for the spots in the visitor sections? I'm guessing that's somewhere around 500-1,000 seats so very few of those requests were fulfilled. We were high enough in priority points to get tickets to Colorado State, Kansas State, and Iowa, but not this game.

SamsRams
06-13-2020, 02:26 AM
Is the 11K the number of requests the NDSU ticket office received for the spots in the visitor sections? I'm guessing that's somewhere around 500-1,000 seats so very few of those requests were fulfilled. We were high enough in priority points to get tickets to Colorado State, Kansas State, and Iowa, but not this game.

Yes 11k requests for the 3k allotment