PDA

View Full Version : Hero Sports Preseason T25 Poll

heffray
05-27-2020, 06:28 PM
MVFC get the top 3! I can't remember this ever happening...

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-2020-preseason-top-25-bzbz

HandoEX
05-27-2020, 06:32 PM

Damn, that’s pretty insane!! Go MVFC!! Should be a good battle for 2nd in the Valley this year!

Rock
05-27-2020, 06:33 PM

Northern iowa potentially the top fcs defense... i hope NDSU coaches catch that part.

Beep. Boop.

ndsubison1
05-27-2020, 07:34 PM
What does UNI bring back?

Bisonator98
05-27-2020, 07:37 PM
What does UNI bring back?

The crypt keeper.....

https://i.imgflip.com/16kows.gif

El_Chapo
05-27-2020, 07:38 PM
its NDSU than everyone else, same as last 10 years for FCS football.

Professor Chaos
05-27-2020, 08:02 PM
Northern iowa potentially the top fcs defense... i hope NDSU coaches catch that part.

Beep. Boop.
Illinois St, UNI, and SDSU could all potentially have better defenses than NDSU. NDSU's offense though is going to be head and shoulders above anyone else in the conference... kind of the opposite of the old 2011/2012 days.

Christopher Moen
05-27-2020, 08:37 PM

12. ILLINOIS STATE
The Redbirds will have one of the most feared defenses in the FCS this year. They lose All-American RB James Robinson but return a healthy passing attack and an experienced offensive line.

https://i.imgur.com/qcHEUHg.gif

heffray
05-27-2020, 09:24 PM
https://i.imgur.com/qcHEUHg.gif

I think this was because of injury. But still.

MinotBison
05-27-2020, 10:18 PM
So that team to the North of us might have a rather rough introductory year in the conference? :pan:

southcliffbison
05-27-2020, 11:16 PM
So that team to the North of us might have a rather rough introductory year in the conference? :pan:

They'll finish mid level to bottom of the MVFC; a very at-large selection in playoffs, if that.

bisonduck
05-27-2020, 11:18 PM
One of these days, Portland State will pull it together.

TAILG8R
05-27-2020, 11:23 PM
They'll finish mid level to bottom of the MVFC; a very at-large selection in playoffs, if that.I don't think they'll finish in the top half this year. Welcome to the MVFC

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Bisonator98
05-28-2020, 12:23 AM
They'll finish mid level to bottom of the MVFC; a very at-large selection in playoffs, if that.

They aint sniffin the playoffs for quite awhile. They'll be lucky to finish ahead of MSU, ISub and SIU most years.

Twincitybizon
05-28-2020, 12:28 AM
They aint sniffin the playoffs for quite awhile. They'll be lucky to finish ahead of MSU, ISub and SIU most years.

Can't remember the writer but someone posted that they thought they'd make the playoffs this year. I about spit out my coffee....

Rock
05-28-2020, 01:54 AM
Illinois St, UNI, and SDSU could all potentially have better defenses than NDSU. NDSU's offense though is going to be head and shoulders above anyone else in the conference... kind of the opposite of the old 2011/2012 days.

Hope the coaches read this one multiple times.

Don’t necessarily disagree.

Beep. Boop.

WeAreThePride
05-28-2020, 02:15 AM
There is no football team north of Fargo, unless you’re talking about the Blue Bombers.

I don’t like their FCS playoff chances.

OrygunBison
05-28-2020, 02:58 AM
One of these days, Portland State will pull it together.

I live in Portland and it is absolutely amazing to me how completely irrelevant they are here.

NDSU1980
05-28-2020, 03:08 AM

UN_ won't make the playoffs this year. They sucked when they played in the Big Fluffy and now they are playing in a tougher conference. I can see them coming in at 3-8 again and they are lucky enough to avoid UNI for a couple years.

bisonduck
05-28-2020, 04:33 AM
I live in Portland and it is absolutely amazing to me how completely irrelevant they are here.

They have a great stadium too. I paid money for my wife to graduate from there. I want a reason to watch them.

The right coach could recruit there. There’s two fcs teams north of sac town.

Christopher Moen
05-28-2020, 04:51 AM
They have a great stadium too. I paid money for my wife to graduate from there. I want a reason to watch them.

Kurt Russell’s father, Bing, owned a minor-league baseball team (Portland Mavericks) that played at that stadium in the 70s.

If you have Netflix, the documentary, The Battered Bastards of Baseball is about the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bisonduck
05-28-2020, 04:57 AM
Kurt Russell’s father, Bing, owned a minor-league baseball team (Portland Mavericks) that played at that stadium in the 70s.

If you have Netflix, the documentary, The Battered Bastards of Baseball is about the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will have to check that out.

Professor Chaos
05-28-2020, 12:09 PM
Hope the coaches read this one multiple times.

Don’t necessarily disagree.

Beep. Boop.
If it matters I hope they do. NDSU's run defense took a step or two backwards last year from previous years and I think there are plenty of questions at DT and LB still this year. Hopefully there are guys who step up at those spots this year and shore it up.

heffray
05-28-2020, 02:03 PM
If it matters I hope they do. NDSU's run defense took a step or two backwards last year from previous years and I think there are plenty of questions at DT and LB still this year. Hopefully there are guys who step up at those spots this year and shore it up.

Its hard to say LB will improve this year with the loss of Cox, but I think they are very deep and I expect them to be fine-to-very good at least by midseason.

Professor Chaos
05-28-2020, 02:33 PM
Its hard to say LB will improve this year with the loss of Cox, but I think they are very deep and I expect them to be fine-to-very good at least by midseason.
Yeah, there's a lot of moving parts in the back 7 especially without Jabril… too bad we didn't get a spring ball to get some ideas on what the coaching staff was planning. Biggest question I have is what they do with Kaczor? He has to see the field as much as possible but do they move him to SS moving Tutsie over to FS or do they try to make him a T-Beck like hybrid LB to replace Jabril?

totoinfl
05-28-2020, 02:34 PM

I hear you. Spent about 2 weeks in Portland for son's wedding, wore Bison gear a number of times out and about. Never heard from a PSU fan, but did talk to a few Ducks fans. Fast forward a year, son now is living in Spokane, following my normal pattern, wore Bison gear around town while hitting the pubs and such. The EWU fans were much more engaging and in reality not terrible...some pretty good convos about the Big Fluffy and the like.

heffray
05-28-2020, 02:46 PM
Yeah, there's a lot of moving parts in the back 7 especially without Jabril… too bad we didn't get a spring ball to get some ideas on what the coaching staff was planning. Biggest question I have is what they do with Kaczor? He has to see the field as much as possible but do they move him to SS moving Tutsie over to FS or do they try to make him a T-Beck like hybrid LB to replace Jabril?

What I noticed about Kaczor when they put him in on pass down situations is that sometimes they would run instead of pass and he really flashed as a run-stopper, too, if I recall. He does look undersized, but the t-beck comparison works well there and I just love the way he plays. Weerts looked great too. I think we’ll have 3 solid starters with some plug n play as you were saying.

Hammerhead
05-28-2020, 02:50 PM

The Pac-12 dominated the local sports when we lived in Portland. Portland State received the same coverage as D-III Linfield College which is a short drive from the Portland metro area.

OrygunBison
05-28-2020, 04:55 PM
The Pac-12 dominated the local sports when we lived in Portland. Portland State received the same coverage as D-III Linfield College which is a short drive from the Portland metro area.

That is exactly right.

OrygunBison
05-28-2020, 05:02 PM

The stadium is spectacular, particularly since the new addition that came online about a year ago. I'm a member of the MAC so I watch a bunch of Timbers games there while having a couple of drinks on their back deck facing the stadium.

They have actually had a couple of decent coaches and even had dorko Jerry Glanville there for a couple of years. I can't figure it out. OU and OSU completely dominate the college sports landscape even thought they're not substantially in Portland and also given how cool the stadium is and the location of the college.

mtoutfitter
05-28-2020, 05:26 PM
According to Hero Sports, D Radunz, C Volson and T Lance are all first team All Americans. N Jenson and M Tutsie are second teamers.

CyPanth
05-28-2020, 09:11 PM
We're #3! We're #3! We're #3! :cheers: