PDA

View Full Version : NDSU @ Oregon Predictions

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

El_Chapo
05-11-2020, 01:28 PM
Until the other thread is re-opened, Let's see our Honest Predictions:

Oregon underestimates NDSU's toughness and speed and struggles to an early halftime lead of 13-10.

NDSU's hits them with a Trick Play to open 2nd half with a Touchdown making it 17-13

Autzen stadium experiences extreme puckering, registering on the richter scale.

Oregon answers frantically with a TD and FG on subsequent drives going up 23-17.

Trey Lance answers with a drive similar to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMvobbZlGCI

NDSU wins 24-23.

ByeSonBusiness
05-11-2020, 01:36 PM
Oregon 35
Ndsu 21

Kevin
05-11-2020, 01:41 PM
NDSU 31
Oregon Didn't show up because mommy said they couldn't come out and play.

Rock
05-11-2020, 01:41 PM
Until the other thread is re-opened, Let's see our Honest Predictions:

Oregon underestimates NDSU's toughness and speed and struggles to an early halftime lead of 13-10.

NDSU's hits them with a Trick Play to open 2nd half with a Touchdown making it 17-13

Autzen stadium experiences extreme puckering, registering on the richter scale.

Oregon answers frantically with a TD and FG on subsequent drives going up 23-17.

Trey Lance answers with a drive similar to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMvobbZlGCI

NDSU wins 24-23.

That was so long ago. No similar coaches or players, not relevant.

NDSU wins 34-24 and bisonville is upset they gave up that one touchdown.

NDSU runs early and sustains a couple drives. New OC from the O begins to worry about time and not beating NDSU by enough to retain ranking. Pushes tempo up for their new qb.

Looks good for a while, then random pick off the wideouts hands. Tempo faster, wheels off.

Accidentally NDSU takes down another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin
05-11-2020, 01:45 PM
That was so long ago. No similar coaches or players, not relevant.

NDSU wins 34-24 and bisonville is upset they gave up that one touchdown.

NDSU runs early and sustains a couple drives. New OC from the O begins to worry about time and not beating NDSU by enough to retain ranking. Pushes tempo up for their new qb.

Looks good for a while, then random pick off the wideouts hands. Tempo faster, wheels off.

Accidentally NDSU takes down another.

Not relevant?

Players change, coaches change, Bison football doesn't.

If anything we're more capable of that kind of drive today than we were in 2011.

Rock
05-11-2020, 01:58 PM
Not relevant?

If anything we're more capable of that kind of drive today than we were in 2011.

Yep NDSU is vastly more talented now.

When did you attend NDSU Kevin? How did you get to be a fan?

Kevin
05-11-2020, 02:04 PM
Yep NDSU is vastly more talented now.

When did you attend NDSU Kevin? How did you get to be a fan?

Never attended NDSU. My dad took me to my first game in the early 90's. Rob Hyland was QB then I believe? It was definitely before the glory days of Feeney.

What about you? Is Chubs a reference to the bar of Fargo fame or your cell mate in Chino?

Rock
05-11-2020, 02:18 PM
Never attended NDSU. My dad took me to my first game in the early 90's. Rob Hyland was QB then I believe? It was definitely before the glory days of Feeney.

What about you? Is Chubs a reference to the bar of Fargo fame or your cell mate in Chino?

None of the above, not even a fan. Nobody knows me, i just lurk here and sow... unity.

BisonNeil
05-11-2020, 02:32 PM
Not relevant?

Not that it matters but the K State game was 2013, but I agree with you.

I don't see either team scoring 30 or more points. The Ducks have a superb defense. Most of their very good defense is back which I think will limit NDSU's opportunities offensively.

Oregon won't have the luxury of having a fully installed offense with four new OL, a new QB, and a new OC. Yeah, I get it, the new OL are all four and five star studs, but the key to superb OL play is the ability of all five players to play as a unit, they won't be at that point yet for this first game, so I see the Bison defense holding it's own despite the loss of JC.

Personally, I think the first team to 24 wins.

23Bison
05-11-2020, 02:48 PM
Oregon O will look lost for 2/3 of the game because of no time to gel this spring. Their D is stout only giving up 20 points to the Bison. Bison D has a hiccup or two in busted coverage allowing Oregon to score 17.

Final score is a close one with:
Bison 20
Ducks 17

Or I’m completely wrong and it’s 27 to 14.
Bison 14
Ducks 27

TAILG8R
05-11-2020, 02:54 PM
Ducks fans gonna have a field day with this thread!!

Mr Meaty
05-11-2020, 03:09 PM
We have a wait for them in a duck blind, they will never see us until it is too late.

Bisonator98
05-11-2020, 03:22 PM
Bison - 13
Ducks - 17

Think it will be a defensive struggle. Their offense doesn't scare me at all but they will have a very stout defense. They stop us on the final drive to hold on for the win. Hope I'm wrong.

El_Chapo
05-11-2020, 03:41 PM
Ducks fans gonna have a field day with this thread!!

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/d9/6c/ca/d96cca4f6ee422b0e38b77a27fdb4400.jpg

Mr Meaty
05-11-2020, 04:09 PM
Bison - 13
Ducks - 17

Think it will be a defensive struggle. Their offense doesn't scare me at all but they will have a very stout defense. They stop us on the final drive to hold on for the win. Hope I'm wrong.

We will cover the line with this score.

Bisonator98
05-11-2020, 04:20 PM
We will cover the line with this score.

Haven't even looked, is the line out yet?

CyPanth
05-11-2020, 04:41 PM
Even Iowa State got out to a 14-0 lead against the Bison. Seeing Lakes sit there in despair in the south endzone is my enduring memory of that game. :bunnyb:

Alas, they had to play the rest of the game. :banghead:

ZHerd
05-11-2020, 05:38 PM
The game is played in an empty stadium. It’s tied 10 all close to half when a few drunk fans manage to sneak in. The second half is canceled and both teams are placed in quarantine and the NCAA declares it a tie. Oregon’s playoff hopes are dashed even though they crush Ohio St. and win out. ND plate vehicles in Oregon are targets of vandalism for the next couple decades and green and gold become hated in Duck country so bad that the team permanently sticks with black, surrender white, gray, and breast cancer awareness unis

El_Chapo
05-11-2020, 07:40 PM
Spread will be -12 or -13 so get out your 401k's and double them!

BisonNeil
05-11-2020, 07:49 PM
The game is played in an empty stadium. It’s tied 10 all close to half when a few drunk fans manage to sneak in. The second half is canceled and both teams are placed in quarantine and the NCAA declares it a tie. Oregon’s playoff hopes are dashed even though they crush Ohio St. and win out. ND plate vehicles in Oregon are targets of vandalism for the next couple decades and green and gold become hated in Duck country so bad that the team permanently sticks with black, surrender white, gray, and breast cancer awareness unis

Thanks for the belly laugh :D

TAILG8R
05-11-2020, 09:30 PM

I think you are getting confused with SDSU

reformedUNDfan
05-11-2020, 09:30 PM
NDSU takes the victory formation at the UO goalline for a 31-17 win.

8 Months later the teams produce 6 first round picks.

SDbison
05-11-2020, 10:25 PM
Bison kick duck ass and the mighty duckies give up by halftime. Spoiled FBS fans riot in the streets. Five star Oregon players wonder if they are as good as the sports media built them up to be. Truth is you still need to play the game.

MinotBison
05-11-2020, 10:30 PM

That's some good stuff. :judges:

Rock
05-11-2020, 11:39 PM
NDSU takes the victory formation at the UO goalline for a 31-17 win.

8 Months later the teams produce 6 first round picks.

If the ducks have more first round picks than NDSU i will be surprised.

Not even counting jabril

89MTBISON
05-12-2020, 12:15 AM
The game doesn't get played, we lose 173 stars to 12.

stevdock
05-12-2020, 02:33 AM
If this game is played in front of no fans, huge advantage NDSU. In my opinion, if no fans Oregon should just buy out the game, because they have WAY more to lose than to gain.

123Gobison
05-12-2020, 03:20 AM
Short answer, everything boils down to Trey's ability to successfully throw intermediate - short passes and not run with the ball if a WR on a deep route is not open.

ndsubison1
05-12-2020, 03:24 AM
At this point I just hope the game is played. I think we can play right with them. First game is better than playing that D down the road. Treys feet provides something else they have to defend. ASUs QB reminds me of Lance and he had a hell of a game last year. The one matchup that should determine the game is how our DL holds up.

Rock
05-12-2020, 03:38 AM
At this point I just hope the game is played. I think we can play right with them. First game is better than playing that D down the road. Treys feet provides something else they have to defend. ASUs QB reminds me of Lance and he had a hell of a game last year. The one matchup that should determine the game is how our DL holds up.

Ndsu d line is going against some new starters on o-line.

Should be interesting. But ndsu is just FCS so...

Bison bison
05-12-2020, 09:46 AM
Game moves forward.

12 ducks test positive just prior to the game. game cancelled.

ducks healthy the next week for ohio state. lose 37-13.

CalBison97
05-12-2020, 12:49 PM
I don’t believe this game, along with many others across all college sports, will be played. I am pessimistic about my oldest daughter’s senior season of high school volleyball, which that and HS football seasons are sounding like an at-best 50/50 of happening out here. Really hoping MLB starts and NBA resumes and are able to carry on incident-free. That would be a huge step forward.

But I’ll still post a score prediction: Ducks 30 Bison 31. Trey Mahomes cannot be stopped.

scottietohottie
05-12-2020, 12:50 PM
ah shucks I was looking forward to sticking a duck feather in my hat.

CalBison97
05-12-2020, 09:48 PM
Los Angeles County to stay on quarantine through July. Not a good sign for Pac-12 football.

oldmantutters
05-12-2020, 10:30 PM
Los Angeles County to stay on quarantine through July. Not a good sign for Pac-12 football.I got a feeling unless every school in a conference can go, they won't be playing.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

SDbison
05-12-2020, 11:26 PM
I got a feeling unless every school in a conference can go, they won't be playing.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk Sounds like some conferences are talking about moving forward with their season without members that can't or don't want to participate. If some conferences decide to do this all the others will follow. Just ridiculous to keep on sheltering and destroy everything.

SDbison
05-12-2020, 11:33 PM
I am starting to think this game is more likely. The naysayers will lose their argument to stop everything as more of the country opens up. Next 2 months will be a continual reopening. Oregon will look bad if they cancel this game. Their players are starting to realize they have to man up and play the mighty Bison!
Mighty Bison > Mighty Ducks.

CalBison97
05-12-2020, 11:48 PM
Just announced: All Cal State universities suspending in-person classes through Fall semester. Yet another blow.

IzzyFlexion
05-13-2020, 12:08 AM
Ndsu d line is going against some new starters on o-line.

Should be interesting. But ndsu is just FCS so...

That Penei Sewell cat (Duck Sr. OT) is a modern day stud, stud...…...stud...……………………….he good.

bisonaudit
05-13-2020, 12:51 AM
prediction: cancelled.

Rock
05-13-2020, 12:57 AM
That Penei Sewell cat (Duck Sr. OT) is a modern day stud, stud...…...stud...……………………….he good.

Will see if his season looks as good with a new line surrounding him.

Give me the kid from Becker in the battle of the LTs in this game.

Its my lead pipe LOCK [emoji357] of the week!

Rock
05-13-2020, 12:59 AM
prediction: cancelled.

Prediction:PAIN.

If this game don’t happen- its because bison fans didn’t meme their gubner enough to shame them to play or move it to Fargo town.

Twincitybizon
05-13-2020, 01:34 AM
Will see if his season looks as good with a new line surrounding him.

Give me the kid from Becker in the battle of the LTs in this game.

Its my lead pipe LOCK [emoji357] of the week!

Radunz is really good and being considered according to a draft analysis I read for OT number 2 next year as an outside chance. The ducks OT is #1 no question Angus beef stud. Dude is labled a generational talent

Rock
05-13-2020, 02:48 AM
Radunz is really good and being considered according to a draft analysis I read for OT number 2 next year as an outside chance. The ducks OT is #1 no question Angus beef stud. Dude is labled a generational talent

Will see how next year goes for him. Looks good for sure. New right tackle and center next to him, may be different.

Lead pipe lock [emoji357] I say!!!!

blackdiamond2
05-13-2020, 03:06 AM
With it looking like the PAC 12 might not play. Here are the teams that will have a open date Sept 5th that were scheduled to play PAC12 teams.

How would Michigan, TCU, BYU, Alabama or Oklahoma State sound to anybody as replacement?

Colorado at Colorado State
Michigan at Washington
North Dakota State at Oregon
TCU at California
UCLA at Hawaii
USC vs. Alabama (in Arlington, TX)
William & Mary at Stanford
Portland State at Arizona
Oregon State at Oklahoma State
Northern Arizona at Arizona State
BYU at Utah
Washington State at Utah State

ndsubison1
05-13-2020, 03:42 AM
With it looking like the PAC 12 might might play. Here are the teams that will have a open date Sept 5th that were scheduled to play PAC12 teams.

How would Michigan, TCU, BYU, Alabama or Oklahoma State sound to anybody as replacement?

Michigan at Washington
TCU at California
UCLA at Hawaii
BYU at Utah

Cowherd tweeted Bama is already talking with other schools. I could see them playing Michigan.

El_Chapo
05-13-2020, 02:05 PM
Cowherd tweeted Bama is already talking with other schools. I could see them playing Michigan.

gee cant wait for Stony Brook AD to bring in William and Mary to Fargo... :(

NovaBison
05-13-2020, 03:07 PM
gee cant wait for Stony Brook AD to bring in William and Mary to Fargo... :(

was looking at that list and thought the exact same thing

Personally, a good drubbing of Colorado State wouldn't be a horrible game

BisonNeil
05-13-2020, 03:18 PM

Michigan governor announced that it is "very unlikely" that K-12 public schools will open in the fall. Nothing about universities yet, however.

https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2020/03/whitmer-says-michigan-schools-very-unlikely-to-reopen-this-year-under-coronavirus-pandemic.html

Bison Dan
05-13-2020, 03:31 PM
One thing we have going for us is Ohio State is next up. I doubt the Ducks want that game canceled.

OrygunBison
05-13-2020, 04:45 PM
One thing we have going for us is Ohio State is next up. I doubt the Ducks want that game canceled.

More than likely the Ducks swap the Fuckeyes for home dates if the game is played.

Online campaign to host the Ducks in Fargo? Incredibly doubtful but that would be pretty badass.

CyPanth
05-13-2020, 04:49 PM
Sounds like some conferences are talking about moving forward with their season without members that can't or don't want to participate. If some conferences decide to do this all the others will follow. Just ridiculous to keep on sheltering and destroy everything.

Perhaps Arizona State can join the Big 10 for a year and take the place of Rutgers.

SDbison
05-13-2020, 05:29 PM
With it looking like the PAC 12 might not play. Here are the teams that will have a open date Sept 5th that were scheduled to play PAC12 teams.

Michigan at Washington
TCU at California
UCLA at Hawaii
BYU at Utah
Washington State at Utah StateHow about NDSU vs. Alabama in Arlington. Start the season and end the season in Texas!

RatherBeYachting
05-13-2020, 06:43 PM
We should know if/how the game is happening by about June 15th. That is when the Pac-12 is holding their meeting. By then every university should have decided if they are opening the campus to a degree that will allow student athletes to return by mid/late July.

I'm not speculating on what will happen yet. I will speculate on a game prediction:

Oregon 42, NDSU 13

El_Chapo
05-13-2020, 06:49 PM
More than likely the Ducks swap the Fuckeyes for home dates if the game is played.

Online campaign to host the Ducks in Fargo? Incredibly doubtful but that would be pretty badass.

at US BANK Stadium.

heffray
05-13-2020, 07:48 PM
We should know if/how the game is happening by about June 15th. That is when the Pac-12 is holding their meeting. By then every university should have decided if they are opening the campus to a degree that will allow student athletes to return by mid/late July.

I'm not speculating on what will happen yet. I will speculate on a game prediction:

Oregon 42, NDSU 13

LOLOLOLOL... If NDSU loses by more than 4 or more scores, I will be the first person on here to congratulate you on your overconfidence.

IzzyFlexion
05-13-2020, 08:25 PM
Bison defense has only surrendered 40 points or more 1 time since October of 2009. (50-44 OT win over EWU in '16)

The Eagles racked up 556 yards on offense in that game.

NDSU gave up over 500 yards 1 additional time in that 2016 season in a loss vs SDSU.

The Bison have not given up 500 yards to an opponent's offense since.

SoCalBison
05-13-2020, 08:58 PM

Michigan at Washington
TCU at California
UCLA at Hawaii
BYU at Utah

I vote for ###

MinotBison
05-13-2020, 09:25 PM

Michigan at Washington
TCU at California
UCLA at Hawaii
Northern Arizona at Arizona BYU at Utah

Would a team like Michigan or Alabama ever seriously consider playing us? Isn't it more likely they would wind up playing each other?

ByeSonBusiness
05-13-2020, 09:27 PM
Michigan governor announced that it is "very unlikely" that K-12 public schools will open in the fall. Nothing about universities yet, however.

https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2020/03/whitmer-says-michigan-schools-very-unlikely-to-reopen-this-year-under-coronavirus-pandemic.html

Meanwhile Ohio's governor renewed his tOSU season tickets.

Kevin
05-13-2020, 09:29 PM
Would a team like Michigan or Alabama ever seriously consider playing us? Isn't it more likely they would wind up playing each other?

Bama might be ok with that. It'd be a season ender for Michigan because you know they aren't going through the Big 10 unscathed.

Michigan still remembers Appy. No way they consider playing us and adding another chapter to that book.

if Bama takes an FCS it will be another SoCon team imo.

ndsubison1
05-13-2020, 11:05 PM

Oregon 42, NDSU 13

Amazes me that ppl still make these predictions vs NDSU

heffray
05-13-2020, 11:28 PM
Amazes me that ppl still make these predictions vs NDSU

I actually think he’s just trolling. There’s no way he can be serious.

NDSUSR
05-14-2020, 12:29 AM
Well Trump wants to see NDSU play LSU. Pretty awesome.

Rock
05-14-2020, 02:57 AM

Oregon 42, NDSU 13

I think NDSU keeps it within 24 using the ol’ kneel and punt game and begging for mercy.

thebootfitter
05-14-2020, 06:34 PM
Does anyone know what happened to the "Ducks Attack" (aka "Chat4Quacks) forum? I get a general error saying it is not available now. It's been that way at least a week.

Bisonator98
05-14-2020, 07:35 PM
Does anyone know what happened to the "Ducks Attack" (aka "Chat4Quacks) forum? I get a general error saying it is not available now. It's been that way at least a week.

The virus got em....

RatherBeYachting
05-14-2020, 09:06 PM
I actually think he’s just trolling. There’s no way he can be serious.

I'm not trolling, this is my prediction. For a nearly empty stadium, which could happen. I'd be more bullish if it was a regular home game. If I really start to doubt the Ducks I think it can be something like 35-17 or 35-21. But I don't think it will be that close.

I'm not going to repeat the same talking points and get the same rebuttals, it wore thin in the other thread. I just really want this game to happen, because I'm excited to see it. I was also looking forward to coming back to gloat, or to eat my share of crow.

ndsubison1
05-14-2020, 10:10 PM
I'm not trolling, this is my prediction. For a nearly empty stadium, which could happen. I'd be more bullish if it was a regular home game. If I really start to doubt the Ducks I think it can be something like 35-17 or 35-21. But I don't think it will be that close.

I'm not going to repeat the same talking points and get the same rebuttals, it wore thin in the other thread. I just really want this game to happen, because I'm excited to see it. I was also looking forward to coming back to gloat, or to eat my share of crow.

At this point can only hope for it to happen. You guys think there's anyway some Pac 12 schools could share stadiums in other states? Joel Klatt mentioned this on the radio if a possibility USC plays in Arizona. Maybe game gets pushed to Boise on that Friday or Sunday (Boise plays on Saturday) ? I could see it happen with no fans

RatherBeYachting
05-14-2020, 10:57 PM
At this point can only hope for it to happen. You guys think there's anyway some Pac 12 schools could share stadiums in other states? Joel Klatt mentioned this on the radio if a possibility USC plays in Arizona. Maybe game gets pushed to Boise on that Friday or Sunday (Boise plays on Saturday) ? I could see it happen with no fans

Joel Klatt’s scenario will never happen. At least for Oregon. If they’re not allowed to play in Autzen they’re not going to travel to another state to play a team from yet another state and then travel back. USC being private might have more leeway, but I very strongly doubt that. They might hold practice elsewhere, but that’s it.

We will know more after the Pac-12 meetings on June 15th. They’ll have to decide (they being the University presidents) what will happen and if student athletes can be on campus in July. A U of O official told a reporter under anonymity that the governor doesn’t get a say in what the university does.

For now it’s just a waiting game.

thebootfitter
05-15-2020, 03:48 AM
At this point can only hope for it to happen. You guys think there's anyway some Pac 12 schools could share stadiums in other states? Joel Klatt mentioned this on the radio if a possibility USC plays in Arizona. Maybe game gets pushed to Boise on that Friday or Sunday (Boise plays on Saturday) ? I could see it happen with no fansThe NCAA has said in no uncertain terms that if a school doesn't have students on campus in the fall, then student athletes will also not be allowed on campus to participate in sports.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

reformedUNDfan
05-15-2020, 07:49 AM

Oregon 42, NDSU 13

If oregon wins by that much (you won't) you'll steam roll to a national title.

WeAreThePride
05-15-2020, 11:17 AM
The excuses Oregon will roll out should they lose are going to be epic.

ButtCovid!

Bison"FANatic"
05-15-2020, 12:14 PM
ButtCovid!

Great you telling me this crap mutated. Time to get more TP

WeAreThePride
05-15-2020, 12:32 PM
Great you telling me this crap mutated. Time to get more TP

:evil: That's awesome.

Bison bison
05-15-2020, 01:24 PM
Joel Klatt’s scenario will never happen. At least for Oregon. If they’re not allowed to play in Autzen they’re not going to travel to another state to play a team from yet another state and then travel back. USC being private might have more leeway, but I very strongly doubt that. They might hold practice elsewhere, but that’s it.

We will know more after the Pac-12 meetings on June 15th. They’ll have to decide (they being the University presidents) what will happen and if student athletes can be on campus in July. A U of O official told a reporter under anonymity that the governor doesn’t get a say in what the university does.

For now it’s just a waiting game.

Uh, what?

The governor most certainly has a say. With the exception of the courts intervening she has the ultimate say especially for the operations of state government.

I can speak about Oregon and its universities specifically as an event I was coorganizing in Portland was cancelled as the governor had made a statement the day previous regarding the state remaining closed.

OrygunBison
05-15-2020, 03:56 PM
For a little perspective, the governor is allowing 31 Oregon counties, including Lane, to partially open immediately. There's a 5 county area which includes Portland and Salem that will remain closed, I assume, for a while yet.

CyPanth
05-15-2020, 04:16 PM
The NCAA has said in no uncertain terms that if a school doesn't have students on campus in the fall, then student athletes will also not be allowed on campus to participate in sports.

We are going to find out how much is just blustering by the NCAA and how much authority they actually have. I think they will cave under moderate pressure from conferences, university presidents, TV, and bowl games.

ndsubison1
05-15-2020, 05:30 PM
If oregon wins by that much (you won't) you'll steam roll to a national title.

Im not sure we wouldve even lost to LSU by that much last year. (Before anyone gets mad at me remember Vandy played them closer than Oklahoma).

El_Chapo
05-15-2020, 07:09 PM
I Predict this game happens and by the 4th of July alot will change with all of us.

NDSU92
05-15-2020, 08:15 PM
Im not sure we wouldve even lost to LSU by that much last year. (Before anyone gets mad at me remember Vandy played them closer than Oklahoma).

I think it depends on the context. If you snuck it in the middle of their conference or preseason slate, maybe. Playoff scenario where there’s equal game planning and we lose big.

The biggest benefit we have going for us is that we game plan for P5 schools more than they do for us. It’s the reason why SDSU plays us so close in the regular season every year.

RatherBeYachting
05-16-2020, 04:33 AM
Nothing exciting, but Oregon’s AD did a Zoom press conference. Said that they’re not considering playing games elsewhere that are supposed to be at Autzen. Looking at how games can be social distanced. Stuff changing every day, it’s only May 15th, etc:

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2020/05/rob-mullens-denies-foxs-joel-klatts-claim-that-ads-in-states-that-really-believe-that-they-will-have-football-have-offered-oregon-venue-to-play-home-games.html

bisonduck
05-16-2020, 04:44 AM
The offensive line, new OC, and qb are studs. Hope this game happens. I want to open early Christmas presents.

Oregon 31 - NDSU 14.

TAILG8R
05-16-2020, 01:02 PM
The offensive line, new OC, and qb are studs. Hope this game happens. I want to open early Christmas presents.

Oregon 31 - NDSU 14.Do you really think we will be able to score 14??

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

thebootfitter
05-16-2020, 04:25 PM
We are going to find out how much is just blustering by the NCAA and how much authority they actually have. I think they will cave under moderate pressure from conferences, university presidents, TV, and bowl games.Ha ha! I don't think you realize the implications of treating student athletes different than "regular" athletes. It would open up all kinds of lawsuits and reversals of previous decisions if they were to allow student athletes to return to campus for sports but no other students for education. I'd be extremely surprised if anyone wanted to go down that road.

ndsubison1
05-16-2020, 04:50 PM
As of now Oregon 30 NDSU 24. Something tells me Lance is going to have a hell of a game though if we play.

CaBisonFan
05-16-2020, 04:52 PM
I predict that the game is not going to be played...but...if it is...Bison 31...Ducks 24.

bisonduck
05-16-2020, 05:01 PM
Do you really think we will be able to score 14??

I can be generous.

heffray
05-18-2020, 11:59 PM

Oregon 31 - NDSU 14.

I think this is a pretty realistic score.

heffray
05-19-2020, 12:00 AM
As of now Oregon 30 NDSU 24. Something tells me Lance is going to have a hell of a game though if we play.

...a whale of a game, even?!

TAILG8R
05-19-2020, 12:08 AM
...a whale of a game, even?!I wish I could smile a shit eating grin with words.

oldmantutters
05-20-2020, 02:00 AM
I wish I could smile a shit eating grin with words.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200520/68dfbc961caea6b9dda0512104af5887.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

TAILG8R
05-20-2020, 06:22 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200520/68dfbc961caea6b9dda0512104af5887.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using TapatalkIt's been long enough that I kind of miss that cheesy ass smile at the end of every coaches show.

MNLonghorn10
05-20-2020, 12:11 PM
Even Iowa State got out to a 14-0 lead against the Bison. Seeing Lakes sit there in despair in the south endzone is my enduring memory of that game. :bunnyb:

Alas, they had to play the rest of the game. :banghead:

You guys showed up and tried hard. That’s all that mattered. Stop beating yourself up for a game that happened 6 years ago in a game you were supposed to lose anyways

ndsubison1
05-20-2020, 02:59 PM
You guys showed up and tried hard. That’s all that mattered. Stop beating yourself up for a game that happened 6 years ago in a game you were supposed to lose anyways

But they had Mangino. Amazing OC.

Oh shit this is looking way too familiar.

CyPanth
05-20-2020, 03:04 PM

Vanderbilt players are much smarter than Oklahoma players!

CyPanth
05-20-2020, 03:08 PM

Will Bison fans be saying anything like this in 6 years after a loss to Oregon (if God forbid you actually lose)? I doubt it. Like me, they will find something to hold on to, but won't simply accept the loss.

BISONBRI53
05-20-2020, 03:24 PM
Score all depends on if the Ducks have enough “southern speed” that came out west!

Swaghook
05-21-2020, 12:12 AM
News doesn't sound too good for one of Oregon's football recruits being charged with attempted murder.

Hammersmith
05-21-2020, 12:26 AM
News doesn't sound too good for one of Oregon's football recruits being charged with attempted murder.

Former recruit. They had cut him loose a couple/few months ago.

SoCalBison
05-21-2020, 11:22 PM

How many stars did he ki... I mean have

Bisonator98
05-22-2020, 12:08 PM

Former recruit. They had cut him loose a couple/few months ago.

Has Youngstown offered him yet?

mtoutfitter
05-22-2020, 02:46 PM

No but the U of Miami has....:bow:

TAILG8R
05-22-2020, 07:50 PM

I think Spack is at the front of the line

WhoRepsTheLurker
05-24-2020, 12:39 AM
So how did Burgum respond? I must have missed it

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/lsu-football/president-trump-asks-north-dakota-governor-if-ndsu-could-beat-lsu/

SDbison
05-24-2020, 02:50 AM
CBS Sports picks North Dakota State upset over Oregon
https://247sports.com/Article/North-Dakota-State-Bison-upset-over-Oregon-Ducks-NCAA-underdog-Trey-Lance-Mario-Cristobal-147448303/

El_Chapo
05-24-2020, 02:50 AM
https://247sports.com/Article/North-Dakota-State-Bison-upset-over-Oregon-Ducks-NCAA-underdog-Trey-Lance-Mario-Cristobal-147448303/

bahaha. yuppp

CalBison97
05-24-2020, 03:51 AM

Well, it’s gonna happen and it’s only an upset in the minds of Duckies fans.

ndsubison1
05-24-2020, 05:01 AM
Its happening. NDSU 31 Oregon 30.

56BISON73
05-24-2020, 05:10 AM
I predict I am going to save a ton of money if this game is cancelled.

WeAreThePride
05-24-2020, 12:25 PM
ButtRona. Get used to that phrase. We'll be hearing it a lot after this game.

WeAreThePride
05-24-2020, 12:51 PM
https://youtu.be/_wFX38vEbi0

;)

EC8CH
05-24-2020, 01:27 PM
https://youtu.be/_wFX38vEbi0

;)

He sounds scared.

WeAreThePride
05-24-2020, 01:38 PM
He sounds scared.

Let's take a look at the last few teams that have beaten NDSU.

JMU in '16: got GameDay the year following.

SDSU in '16 and '17: Got GameDay in '19.

Seems that beating NDSU is good luck for teams. They should schedule us more often.

MinotBison
05-24-2020, 02:31 PM
He sounds scared.

:paperbag:

bisonduck
05-24-2020, 09:35 PM
ButtRona. Get used to that phrase. We'll be hearing it a lot after this game.

Who is going to excuse a loss to NDSU based on rona? NDSU is a development program. More practice and lifting is the equalizer. Raw talent should have the advantage with less prep time.

SDbison
05-25-2020, 02:16 AM
Who is going to excuse a loss to NDSU based on rona? NDSU is a development program. More practice and lifting is the equalizer. Raw talent should have the advantage with less prep time. Prove it.....Play the game!

bisonduck
05-25-2020, 03:05 AM
Prove it.....Play the game!

That’s my hope.

CyPanth
05-26-2020, 12:27 AM

Just click bait for hungry bison fans. ;)

EC8CH
05-26-2020, 01:37 AM
Just click bait for hungry bison fans. ;)

Smart.

10char

123Gobison
05-26-2020, 02:34 AM
An interesting fact is that, Ducks scored 49 on Wyoming. Wyoming only put up 13 points most of it in 1st Quarter. Needless to say Josh Allen was the Wyoming QB. FWIW Brent Vigen was the OC , no offense.

bisonduck
05-26-2020, 03:29 AM
I just watched most of the SIU vs NDSU game in week 13. I have AIDS now.

If y’all play like that with penalties and poor tackling, it won’t be close.

EC8CH
05-26-2020, 03:39 AM

Just playing down to the level of competition.

Rock
05-26-2020, 03:40 AM

AIDS? Ouch.

If Ducks play like they did against arizona state...

NDSU won that game 21-7 playing poorly. Went undefeated 2 years in a row with some poor games in there.

There may be more focus for the ducks than for the salukis.

Beep. Boop.

Christopher Moen
05-26-2020, 03:41 AM

What did you get when you watched Oregon's last game against Arizona State? How about the come from behind wins against the Washington schools?

bisonduck
05-26-2020, 03:44 AM
What did you get when you watched Oregon's last game against Arizona State? How about the come from behind wins against the Washington schools?

Competent passers were present. Anthony Gordon and Jayden Daniels could complete a forward pass.

SIU was inept on offense.

Rock
05-26-2020, 03:47 AM
Competent passers were present. Anthony Gordon and Jayden Daniels could complete a forward pass.

I guess we will see if your new qb is competent.

NDSU can have that effect on qbs.

Beep. Boop.

Christopher Moen
05-26-2020, 03:49 AM

Competent passers compared to Trey Lance?

Pretty much everyone who watches football, especially NFL execs and scouts:

https://media.giphy.com/media/vWDrezW0rMjmM/giphy.gif

EC8CH
05-26-2020, 03:49 AM
These Ducks are plucky... I like 'em.

bisonduck
05-26-2020, 03:51 AM
Competent passers compared to Trey Lance?

Pretty much everyone who watches football, especially NFL execs and scouts:

https://media.giphy.com/media/vWDrezW0rMjmM/giphy.gif

Lance is very good. Your competition has no one close.

bisonduck
05-26-2020, 03:53 AM
I guess we will see if your new qb is competent.

NDSU can have that effect on qbs.

Beep. Boop.

SIU’s qb is shit. Like he is terrible. There is not one qb we will play next year in the same universe.

Rock
05-26-2020, 04:09 AM
SIU’s qb is shit. Like he is terrible. There is not one qb we will play next year in the same universe.

Well i certainly hope NDSU plays better against the ducks. But you are pointing at one game! One bad qb!

Can’t win them all you know...

Beep. Boop.

bisonduck
05-26-2020, 04:15 AM
Well i certainly hope NDSU plays better against the ducks. But you are pointing at one game! One bad qb!

Can’t win them all you know...

Beep. Boop.

Did you play any good qbs? I’ve watched the Montana State, JMU, SIU and SDSU games. Anyone remotely considered borderline NFL talent?

I guess DiNucci was the best.

Da_Bison
05-26-2020, 04:20 AM
Did you play any good qbs? I’ve watched the Montana State, JMU, SIU and SDSU games. Anyone remotely considered borderline NFL talent?

Jake Maier UC Davis was pretty good, highly touted

bisonduck
05-26-2020, 04:26 AM
Jake Maier UC Davis was pretty good, highly touted

Yeah, I just read about him.

I love watching Lance. He has great pocket presence, strong arm, quick and compact throwing motion and he is good with his legs. I love everything about him.

I just don’t like any of the skill guys outside of Watson. The rbs are decent.

JMU’s defense is really undersized. Montana State was just plain slow. Anyway, it should be interesting to see how NDSU responds against much, much stiffer competition.

Da_Bison
05-26-2020, 04:46 AM

I love watching Lance. He has great pocket presence, strong arm, quick and compact throwing motion and he is good with his legs. I love everything about him.

JMU’s defense is really undersized. Montana State was just plain slow. Anyway, it should be interesting to see how NDSU responds against much, much stiffer competition.

Our O-line is as good or better than most FBS schools, Seth Wilson is a stud, his father is Stanley Wilson former Bengal and brother played for the Lions, so he has the pedigree, as does Phoenix Sproles. Our TE’s are big And legit, this Bison offense could be the best ever at 1AA.

Bisonator98
05-26-2020, 02:03 PM

Just as good as any you have on your team right now as far as we know.

Bisonator98
05-26-2020, 02:08 PM

We'll be fine........we've been thru this before and responded just fine.

heffray
05-26-2020, 02:32 PM

So, we're back to the argument that a young new QB (with a new OC, btw) who played a few snaps in garbage time against garbage opponents last year will be the best QB NDSU has ever seen?

Ok. I bet your shit smells like roses, too.

bisonduck
05-26-2020, 03:18 PM
So, we're back to the argument that a young new QB (with a new OC, btw) who played a few snaps in garbage time against garbage opponents last year will be the best QB NDSU has ever seen?

Ok. I bet your shit smells like roses, too.

I’ve watched enough of Shough to know his arm talent.

heffray
05-26-2020, 03:51 PM

I'll bite.

Here's a question that will test your delusional take: Who do you think will be the best QB on the field if the game is played?

Rock
05-26-2020, 04:31 PM

Unfortunately he will have one of his worst games of the year against NDSU *if played*

Will be considered do to any number of things- except NDSU’s defense- in media/duckfan post mortem.

-1st game jitters
-new oline
-not gonna say fire him yet, but this new oc...

Just a few.

Beep. Boop.

TAILG8R
05-26-2020, 04:46 PM
I think the Bisons lose this one ... NDSU can't possibly get lucky for a 7th consecutive time.

bisonduck
05-26-2020, 04:50 PM
I'll bite.

Here's a question that will test your delusional take: Who do you think will be the best QB on the field if the game is played?

Lance will be.

bisonduck
05-26-2020, 04:51 PM
I think the Bisons lose this one ... NDSU can't possibly get lucky for a 7th consecutive time.

Do you want some cheese with that wine?

bisonduck
05-26-2020, 04:54 PM
Unfortunately he will have one of his worst games of the year against NDSU *if played*

Will be considered do to any number of things- except NDSU’s defense- in media/duckfan post mortem.

-1st game jitters
-new oline
-not gonna say fire him yet, but this new oc...

Just a few.

Beep. Boop.

Good qb play is a staple at Oregon. If Shough has a bad game, I will be the first to congratulate your defense.

heffray
05-26-2020, 04:58 PM
Lance will be.

Your next challenge will be to prove that you actually believe this. ;)

TAILG8R
05-26-2020, 07:04 PM
Do you want some cheese with that wine?

I do like to have cheese with my wine. If I was whining you could just tell me to shut up.

TAILG8R
05-26-2020, 07:06 PM
Good qb play is a staple at Oregon. If Shough has a bad game, I will be the first to congratulate your defense.

Ducks have had a lot of QBs make it to NFL rosters that's a fact.

OrygunBison
05-26-2020, 07:20 PM

Slough is the real deal, no doubt. I've seen him as well. The real question to me is if the Duck offense will have enough time to gel given no spring ball and a lot of new parts.

Hammerhead
05-26-2020, 08:40 PM
I'll bite.

Lance will be the best QB and his backup might be the 2nd best QB on the field if you count the sidelines as "on the field." :)

heffray
05-26-2020, 09:56 PM
Lance will be the best QB and his backup might be the 2nd best QB on the field if you count the sidelines as "on the field." :)

Zeb is certainly more proven than Shough at this point. Very true.

Another question for bisonducky: Would you take Zeb Noland (proven Big12 starter with a huge game against a top 10 opponent on his resume) or Shough (nice arm strength, looks promising)?

ndsubison1
05-26-2020, 09:59 PM
When can they legitimately have a tv schedule out?

bisonduck
05-26-2020, 10:35 PM
Zeb is certainly more proven than Shough at this point. Very true.

Another question for bisonducky: Would you take Zeb Noland (proven Big12 starter with a huge game against a top 10 opponent on his resume) or Shough (nice arm strength, looks promising)?

I would have to do more research to be honest. I know Iowa State went through a bunch of qbs recently and all of them fared well. I am not sure if his transfer was because of how the competition shook out. He is an Iowa State transfer, correct?

I know our team is very vocal about backing Shough on social media and more than the usual. It seems there is a lot of belief in him and he has a lot of leadership qualities. I would probably go with him on these intangibles, especially with the constricted timeframe.

He’s also worked a lot with the twos on the oline. That alone is meaningful.

EC8CH
05-26-2020, 10:46 PM
I know our team is very vocal about backing Shough on social media and more than the usual.

Sounds like he might have a fragile ego?

Our team was very vocal about it being an all out competition for the starting spot before Lance earned the spot. So much so that they brought in a Big12 transfer that summer.

bisonduck
05-26-2020, 10:49 PM
Slough is the real deal, no doubt. I've seen him as well. The real question to me is if the Duck offense will have enough time to gel given no spring ball and a lot of new parts.

The new parts around him are 3 offensive linemen. We’re replacing 4 starters but Jones has started. We have a lot of journeymen to fill the other spots. Forsythe and Poutasi are upperclassmen. Mala is a juco that appeared in the 4 games and the staff was on the bubble about pulling his redshirt because he was that good.

I am excited to have good experienced skill players for Shough. Our skill players are the most talented we’ve seen in a long time.

bisonduck
05-26-2020, 10:54 PM
Sounds like he might have a fragile ego?

Our team was very vocal about it being an all out competition for the starting spot before Lance earned the spot. So much so that they brought in a Big12 transfer that summer.

No one one on the team is shy about competition. It’s more “watch Shough win the heisman” banter. It’s seems like they’re excited for him. The kid is a fighter.

EC8CH
05-26-2020, 11:11 PM
No one one on the team is shy about competition. It’s more “watch Shough win the heisman” banter. It’s seems like they’re excited for him. The kid is a fighter.

Wow, is he on Heisman watch lists already?

bisonduck
05-26-2020, 11:14 PM
Wow, is he on Heisman watch lists already?

Obviously not. It’s is optimism. I would take it with a grain of salt. It seems like genuine optimism. Watch the sideline at the end of the USC game when he pancakes a defender. This team likes him.

WeAreThePride
05-26-2020, 11:25 PM
How do you pronounce Shough?

Shoe? Sho? Show rhymes with ow? Shuff?

OrygunBison
05-26-2020, 11:43 PM
I am excited to have good experienced skill players for Shough. Our skill players are the most talented we’ve seen in a long time.

Sorry in advance to use your post to make an example out of something that really chaps my hide.

I absolutely hate the term - "skill player". The term assumes that guys on the line are less skilled. I guaran fucking ty you that it takes more skill for a 300 pound guard to pull across the line, stepping through the QB's space and taking out a DE before the RB gets there than almost anything that we ask a WR to do. Don't even get me started with how talented C's, OT's, DT's, NG's, and DE's have to be for a team to succeed.

This term has so permeated the game that it affects the kids just learning. My 7th-8th grade team always has a bunch of kids coming in where daddy thinks he's a special skill player but he's really built for the line. The earlier we get to those kids, the more time they get understanding how enormously important they are to the success of the team. We really celebrate our OL and DL. We give them extra benefits. I kick any of our team's coaches in the ass if they ever use the term "skilled player". I usually only have to do it once a season.

Sorry, tirade done. Carry on.

IzzyFlexion
05-27-2020, 12:00 AM

The pronunciation has the "ough" making the "uck" sound.

"Shuck"

I think that this guy looks fantastic on the video that I've seen.

WeAreThePride
05-27-2020, 12:33 AM
Sorry in advance to use your post to make an example out of something that really chaps my hide.

I absolutely hate the term - "skill player". The term assumes that guys on the line are less skilled. I guaran fucking ty you that it takes more skill for a 300 pound guard to pull across the line, stepping through the QB's space and taking out a DE before the RB gets there than almost anything that we ask a WR to do. Don't even get me started with how talented C's, OT's, DT's, NG's, and DE's have to be for a team to succeed.

This term has so permeated the game that it affects the kids just learning. My 7th-8th grade team always has a bunch of kids coming in where daddy thinks he's a special skill player but he's really built for the line. The earlier we get to those kids, the more time they get understanding how enormously important they are to the success of the team. We really celebrate our OL and DL. We give them extra benefits. I kick any of our team's coaches in the ass if they ever use the term "skilled player". I usually only have to do it once a season.

I am a fiend for O line play. Games are won and lost, more often than not, on the O line. All NDSU fans should recognize that, even if we have had a very, very long string of high level QB play and great defense. I'm always rooting for my NFL teams to take a tackle or center in the first round, with few exceptions.

KSBisonFan
05-27-2020, 12:34 AM

I wish we had more 'skill posters' on Covidvill....errr, I mean Bisonville.

heffray
05-27-2020, 01:19 AM

Pretty sure it’s “show,” as in “show me the door.”

heffray
05-27-2020, 01:21 AM

Then again, could be “Shoe,” as in “the other shoe drops.”

heffray
05-27-2020, 01:22 AM

Another possibility could be “Shuff,” as in “Shuffle him out the back door.”

Lots of possibilities...

TAILG8R
05-27-2020, 02:25 AM
Wow, is he on Heisman watch lists already?You're thinking about Trey Lance again...

:)

bisonduck
05-27-2020, 03:12 AM
I am a fiend for O line play. Games are won and lost, more often than not, on the O line. All NDSU fans should recognize that, even if we have had a very, very long string of high level QB play and great defense. I'm always rooting for my NFL teams to take a tackle or center in the first round, with few exceptions.

The line play is where it’s at but I’ve learned the last few years that mediocre WR and HB matter too. We’ve had great oline play but WR and HB play has stymied us. Oline play will always be emphasized by Cristobal.

ndsubison1
05-27-2020, 03:17 AM
I saw the tv networks today extended their June 1 deadline for games.

bisonduck
05-27-2020, 03:18 AM
Another possibility could be “Shuff,” as in “Shuffle him out the back door.”

Lots of possibilities...

Shuck is how you pronounce it.

DuckLurker
05-27-2020, 04:04 AM

... as in Shuck the Fut Up.

bisonduck
05-27-2020, 04:21 AM

Let’s hope we don’t get a rendition of Mariota’s first game where the announcer thought he was cute by trying to Hawaiian-ize the name with the accent over the last a.

Twincitybizon
05-27-2020, 01:31 PM

Are you screwing with us. I was definitely saying sho in my head

heffray
05-27-2020, 01:33 PM

More like “awww, shucks” is what I was thinkin...

Rock
05-27-2020, 01:35 PM

Maybe he can “Shuck the world” and beat NDSU!

Beep. Boop.

SoCalBison
05-27-2020, 02:44 PM
Pac-12 has approved on campus, voluntary workouts to begin on June 15. Up to each college whether to allow.

Rock
05-27-2020, 02:59 PM
Pac-12 has approved on campus, voluntary workouts to begin on June 15. Up to each college whether to allow.

Noice!!!

Beep. Boop.

bisonduck
05-27-2020, 03:01 PM
Are you screwing with us. I was definitely saying sho in my head

No, I am not screwing around. It is shuck.

Twincitybizon
05-27-2020, 05:05 PM
No, I am not screwing around. It is shuck.

Huh well thanks for the info

heffray
05-27-2020, 05:25 PM
Get shucked.

bisonduck
05-27-2020, 11:09 PM
Get shucked.

Fingers crossed!

heffray
05-27-2020, 11:39 PM
Fingers crossed!

Great album.

bisonduck
05-28-2020, 12:28 AM
https://twitter.com/pff_college/status/1265795420493541376?s=21

Something’s gotta give

There are so many reasons to love this matchup.

CyPanth
05-28-2020, 01:48 PM
As in "shuck the ball before you get clobbered!"

OrygunBison
05-28-2020, 03:27 PM
All bravado aside, I'm concerned about our defense in this game. I know that their offense has some big shoes to fill but I feel like our incoming front 7 is the weakest that we've had for awhile and will need a little time to gel. I can't help but be frustrated by Jabrill's departure. Fucker. (Just kidding.)

On offense, I feel like their corners will be able to shut down most of the deep passing game and if they double CW, Trey will have a hard time finding open WR's. I really like Pheonix but don't see him as the elite talent that Watson is. If Oregon's DL is really disciplined, Trey will have a hard time bailing on the pass and tucking it to run. I feel like in order for the Bison have big success, we'll need to have a really active TE passing game to open things up high and low.

One thing about Oregon's defense, however, is that they aren't always assignment sound. I saw it in every game of theirs that I watched last season, which was most of them. They just have so much athleticism that they recover extremely well. Perhaps our boys can take advantage of that.

Da_Bison
05-28-2020, 03:38 PM
All bravado aside, I'm concerned about our defense in this game. I know that their offense has some big shoes to fill but I feel like our incoming front 7 is the weakest that we've had for awhile and will need a little time to gel. I can't help but be frustrated by Jabrill's departure. Fucker. (Just kidding.)

On offense, I feel like their corners will be able to shut down most of the deep passing game and if they double CW, Trey will have a hard time finding open WR's. I really like Pheonix but don't see him as the elite talent that Watson is. If Oregon's DL is really disciplined, Trey will have a hard time bailing on the pass and tucking it to run. I feel like in order for the Bison have big success, we'll need to have a really active TE passing game to open things up high and low.

One thing about Oregon's defense, however, is that they aren't always assignment sound. I saw it in every game of theirs that I watched last season, which was most of them. They just have so much athleticism that they recover extremely well. Perhaps our boys can take advantage of that.

I would love to see our big TE’s used big time along with Seth, Kobe, & Jalen Bussey, they will NOT stop us continuously. We will score at least 21 points minimum, I will wager 1000.00 on that!

bisonduck
05-28-2020, 04:19 PM
I would love to see our big TE’s used big time along with Seth, Kobe, & Jalen Bussey, they will NOT stop us continuously. We will score at least 21 points minimum, I will wager 1000.00 on that!

The way you play the game, 21 points is the ceiling. Oregon will make you drive 13 plays. There won’t be enough clock for more.

The Oregon defense was scratching the surface last year and was great. This year the defense will be elite. The best talent on the defense were first year rotational players. Mykael Wright and Kayvon Thibodeaux are first round talents. Mase Funa at OLB is a 260 wrecking ball. Brandon Dorlus just kept inserting himself in the DL rotation and played his best against UTAH and Wisconsin. I expect all four to take a big leap forward.

bisonduck
05-28-2020, 04:21 PM

CW has elite speed but would you consider him an elite route runner? Seems like he lives on go and seam routes because everyone can’t stop your run.

OrygunBison
05-28-2020, 04:48 PM
CW has elite speed but would you consider him an elite route runner? Seems like he lives on go and seam routes because everyone can’t stop your run.

Right. Because that the scheme. Not sure what the question is given our scheme(s). The guy gets fantastic separation, very often. Everyone absolutely must respect his speed and having him run deep a lot of the time is just as good as blocking on the edge. He takes the corner and sometimes a high safety out of position for the run game. The awesome thing is that he's a pretty good blocker, very tenacious. We had a ton of long running plays last year where he was completely occupying his guy 30, 40, and 50 yards downfield. The dude is a stud. Not sure why he isn't on your team. Maybe it is his haircut...

If there was a flaw anywhere in Trey's work last year, it was recognizing/anticipating Watson's moment of separation before it happened and sometimes similar issues to the slot receiver running around in the middle of the field.

Bisonator98
05-28-2020, 04:57 PM
The way you play the game, 21 points is the ceiling. Oregon will make you drive 13 plays. There won’t be enough clock for more.

The Oregon defense was scratching the surface last year and was great. This year the defense will be elite. The best talent on the defense were first year rotational players. Mykael Wright and Kayvon Thibodeaux are first round talents. Mase Funa at OLB is a 260 wrecking ball. Brandon Dorlus just kept inserting himself in the DL rotation and played his best against UTAH and Wisconsin. I expect all four to take a big leap forward.

How did this great defense give up 31 to Arizona State?

Rock
05-28-2020, 07:06 PM

Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.

Beep. Boop.

DuckLurker
05-28-2020, 07:44 PM
How did this great defense give up 31 to Arizona State?

As good as Lance is, he has not shown the elite arm talent that Daniels showed in that game. He's clearly got discipline but if you saw that ASU game, you would have seen very impressive downfield throwing (they had TD throws of 57 and 81 yards). Nor does Lance have the WR talent to throw to that ASU had in that game. Moreover, ASU put 10 of the points on the board on consecutive drives that started after picking off Herbert. So 24 of those 31 came on long plays or short fields. So that was the bad game by the D. On the flip side, they gave up a total of 50 points to USC, Colorado, CAL, Arizona and OSU. And I suspect Oregon's offense will be quite effective at keeping the D off the field with their superior offensive personnel, which is the real reason Oregon should win this game comfortably.

DuckLurker
05-28-2020, 07:53 PM
Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.

Beep. Boop.

Agreed, which is why Oregon fans feel so good about the team. They trailed UW by 14 in the 2nd half and won. They trailed Wisconsin late and won. They trailed WSU late and won. Of course that was just last season. The season before they pulled off comebacks against UW and ASU, plus came from way back against Utah and WSU only to fall short. They have shown an ability to take a team's best shot, get off the ground and get the W. How many times did NDSU do that last season?

EC8CH
05-28-2020, 08:09 PM
They have shown an ability to take a team's best shot, get off the ground and get the W. How many times did NDSU do that last season?

Every time...

More specifically...

DuckLurker
05-28-2020, 08:16 PM
Every time...

More specifically...

Yeah, against Butler and Deleware and UC Davis and James Madison. To stare straight in the face of that terror and come out alive is truly awe-inspiring.

Rock
05-28-2020, 08:24 PM
Agreed, which is why Oregon fans feel so good about the team. They trailed UW by 14 in the 2nd half and won. They trailed Wisconsin late and won. They trailed WSU late and won. Of course that was just last season. The season before they pulled off comebacks against UW and ASU, plus came from way back against Utah and WSU only to fall short. They have shown an ability to take a team's best shot, get off the ground and get the W. How many times did NDSU do that last season?

Ndsu just plays poor teams. They aren’t any good. Oregon is really good and are VERY snappy dressers.

If the game doesn’t become another Covid victim you will see a very boring Oregon kicking tail on an FCS team. NDSU has pretty much already waived the white flag for this one. Hope Oregon takes it easy on them.

Oregon plays behemoths all year long like USC, CAL, Colorado, Arizona, and Oregon State. REAL competition- and they easily conquered them.

And against the SUPER TOUGH teams Oregon was over .500.

Keep pumping up the stats. That will be a big help in this matchup.

You aren’t attempting to convince yourself and others these stats matter, FBS is FAR superior, and this is all true.

It is a champion mindset. There is no real difference between 1st and 2nd place.

Beep. Boop.

NDSU92
05-28-2020, 08:24 PM
Yeah, against Butler and Deleware and UC Davis and James Madison. To stare straight in the face of that terror and come out alive is truly awe-inspiring.

Don’t get lippy if you don’t like the answer, you’re the one asking dumb questions lol

Bisonator98
05-28-2020, 08:26 PM
We were told 10 pages ago that last year and more specifically the last 7 FBS games we won don't matter so...........yeah we're ducked

Bisonator98
05-28-2020, 08:31 PM
As good as Lance is, he has not shown the elite arm talent that Daniels showed in that game. He's clearly got discipline but if you saw that ASU game, you would have seen very impressive downfield throwing (they had TD throws of 57 and 81 yards). Nor does Lance have the WR talent to throw to that ASU had in that game. Moreover, ASU put 10 of the points on the board on consecutive drives that started after picking off Herbert. So 24 of those 31 came on long plays or short fields. So that was the bad game by the D. On the flip side, they gave up a total of 50 points to USC, Colorado, CAL, Arizona and OSU. And I suspect Oregon's offense will be quite effective at keeping the D off the field with their superior offensive personnel, which is the real reason Oregon should win this game comfortably.
So what was the Auburn (27points), Washington (31 pts), Washington St (35pts) ?

EC8CH
05-28-2020, 08:35 PM

You missed 12.

DuckLurker
05-28-2020, 08:46 PM
You missed 12.

Name them and I'll tell you how many of them scare me (Hint: the answer will be less than 1). And for the record, in the two games Oregon played against teams of the caliber of your schedule last year, the final tally was about 110-10.

mtoutfitter
05-28-2020, 08:48 PM
Name them and I'll tell you how many of them scare me (Hint: the answer will be less than 1). And for the record, in the two games Oregon played against teams of the caliber of your schedule last year, the final tally was about 110-10.

So your defense gave up an average of 55 pts in those games....Wow!

heffray
05-28-2020, 08:52 PM
The Lurker has been awoken... Guess you'll have to change your name, huh?

Or maybe go back to lurking. I don't see this going well for you.

DuckLurker
05-28-2020, 08:56 PM
So what was the Auburn (27points), Washington (31 pts), Washington St (35pts) ?

Quality, power 5 football teams that went to bowl games. It's not your fault you don't play those teams ... but you don't. You gave up 21 points to Western Illinois and they went 1-11. If you think playing D against Auburn, Washington, WSU, USC, Stanford, Arizona, Arizona State, etc is similar to playing a slate of FCS offenses, there's nothing more I can say.

EC8CH
05-28-2020, 08:59 PM
Name them and I'll tell you how many of them scare me (Hint: the answer will be less than 1).

You sound scared... otherwise you wouldn't be bragging up your team on an FCS program's messaging board.

heffray
05-28-2020, 09:00 PM
You sound scared... otherwise you wouldn't be bragging up your team on an FCS program's messaging board.

He doesn't like it when people make disparaging puns with his QB's last name. Really brings the lurkers out of the woodwork.

Rock
05-28-2020, 09:01 PM
Quality, power 5 football teams that went to bowl games. It's not your fault you don't play those teams ... but you don't. You gave up 21 points to Western Illinois and they went 1-11. If you think playing D against Auburn, Washington, WSU, USC, Stanford, Arizona, Arizona State, etc is similar to playing a slate of FCS offenses, there's nothing more I can say.

This guy gets it man. Champion right here.

Lend us more of your wisdom so NDSU may have a chance at a “decent” football team someday. Some here can convey the info to people involved in that stuff.

Beep. Boop.

heffray
05-28-2020, 09:02 PM

What argument is next, Bisonville? I'm guessing he'll go with "Oregon is way better than K State and Iowa"...

CyPanth
05-28-2020, 09:05 PM

UW = University of Wisconsin :welcome:

Washington = University of Washington

DuckLurker
05-28-2020, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the diversion. I've been waiting all day for my contractor to show up. I look forward to revisiting these pages in September.

El_Chapo
05-28-2020, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the diversion. I've been waiting all day for my contractor to show up. I look forward to revisiting these pages in September.

Pack a Lunch next time.....

heffray
05-28-2020, 09:26 PM

Lol. Ok, punkin. Take care....

Hammerhead
05-28-2020, 09:29 PM

Montana and Nevada are not as good as NDSU. According to the Sagarin ratings, NDSU is about halfway between Montana an Oregon. A better comparison would be Cal and Washington State where the margin of victory was 10 and 2 points.

gavin2126
05-28-2020, 10:00 PM
Every time...

More specifically...

Nah, that's not it. We've always relied on our uncanny ability to have our opponent play their worst game ever.

OrygunBison
05-28-2020, 10:21 PM
UW = University of Wisconsin :welcome:

Washington = University of Washington

What are you trying to get at here? The almost the entire western half of the country would associate UW with the Huskies. People say "U dubb". Not sure if you're trying to make fun of him for that. If so, it's kind of ignorant to think that the way people think of things in the midwest or in Iowa should somehow be transposed across the entire country.

EC8CH
05-28-2020, 10:55 PM
I look forward to revisiting these pages in September.

I'm Shough you will.

heffray
05-28-2020, 11:32 PM
I'm Shough you will.

I must spread some reputation around before giving it to EC8CH again.

Christopher Moen
05-29-2020, 12:06 AM

What a load of duck crap.

heffray
05-29-2020, 12:20 AM
What a load of duck crap.

Trey Lance has shown more arm talent than Mother-shucking Fough, and that’s a goddam fact.

TAILG8R
05-29-2020, 12:22 AM
Montana and Nevada are not as good as NDSU. According to the Sagarin ratings, NDSU is about halfway between Montana an Oregon. A better comparison would be Cal and Washington State where the margin of victory was 10 and 2 points.Buttfbs

TAILG8R
05-29-2020, 12:24 AM
TIL
1) Oregon has 8 NFL players in their DB this year (according to a reply to that Twitter link)
2) If ifs and buts were candy and nuts...

ndsubison1
05-29-2020, 03:33 AM
I hope they don't knock Gonzaga for their schedule.

bisonduck
05-29-2020, 03:35 AM
Wow...this went bonkers.

Oregon’s d this year is not the 2019 version. It will be better and most likely a lot better. Oregon gave up some points but in the end it was a top 10 defense looking at advanced metrics.

NDSU plays a slow methodical style and so do a lot of your opponents. That depresses score lines . As someone mentioned earlier, NDSU went 16-0 with some subpar performances. ASU was our SIU game. It just happens that ASU has a pulse. NDSU inexplicably couldn’t tackle in the first half and made egregious penalties. SIU didn’t realize the forward pass had been invented.

Also, a GA WR coach for Oregon met with ASU brass before the game and before the end of the year was hired by ASU as their WR coach. Infer from that what you will. It can be a dirty business.
I have a feeling there is an ass whooping in store for ASU in 2020.

Btw, my question on CW was not an indictment on him. If the run game is not working and he can’t rely on seam and go routes, do you see him as someone that can run great routes?

TAILG8R
05-29-2020, 04:19 AM
Wow...this went bonkers.

Oregon’s d this year is not the 2019 version. It will be better and most likely a lot better. Oregon gave up some points but in the end it was a top 10 defense looking at advanced metrics.

NDSU plays a slow methodical style and so do a lot of your opponents. That depresses score lines . As someone mentioned earlier, NDSU went 16-0 with some subpar performances. ASU was our SIU game. It just happens that ASU has a pulse. NDSU inexplicably couldn’t tackle in the first half and made egregious penalties. SIU didn’t realize the forward pass had been invented.

Also, a GA WR coach for Oregon met with ASU brass before the game and before the end of the year was hired by ASU as their WR coach. Infer from that what you will. It can be a dirty business.
I have a feeling there is an ass whooping in store for ASU in 2020.

Btw, my question on CW was not an indictment on him. If the run game is not working and he can’t rely on seam and go routes, do you see him as someone that can run great routes?

I'm not sure on that as I don't watch him every play and haven't gone back to re-watch games BUT there are times when the coaches found ways to get the ball in his hands without having to pitch it 50 yds downfield. He averaged 12.5 yards a carry(even if you want to play the but/if game without his 70 yard run he average 8.5) and also catching short balls(think screen, short hit) where he ran for 50 yards after catch. So I guess all that to say that if he isn't fast enough to run by Oregon's DB or catch them sleeping we will find ways to put the ball in his hands.

bisonduck
05-29-2020, 04:23 AM
I'm not sure on that as I don't watch him every play and haven't gone back to re-watch games BUT there are times when the coaches found ways to get the ball in his hands without having to pitch it 50 yds downfield. He averaged 12.5 yards a carry(even if you want to play the but/if game without his 70 yard run he average 8.5) and also catching short balls(think screen, short hit) where he ran for 50 yards after catch. So I guess all that to say that if he isn't fast enough to run by Oregon's DB or catch them sleeping we will find ways to put the ball in his hands.

Your slot guy Korpeus (sp?? ) runs good routes. I am not sure if he was a senior or is coming back. I will just look it up, lol.

TAILG8R
05-29-2020, 04:26 AM
Your slot guy Korpeus (sp?? ) runs good routes. I am not sure if he was a senior or is coming back.

He used up all of this DI eligibility and transferred to a somewhat local DII school to play one more year.

bisonduck
05-29-2020, 04:35 AM
He used up all of this DI eligibility and transferred to a somewhat local DII school to play one more year.

That’s a luckily DII school. I looked at his production and was surprised at how low it was. In the 5 games I watched he seemed to come up big when NDSU got behind the chains.

TAILG8R
05-29-2020, 04:37 AM
That’s a luckily DII school. I looked at his production and was surprised at how low it was. In the 5 games I watched he seemed to come up big when NDSU got behind the chains.

It seems over the years NDSU has had that smaller not often used WR that catches every damn 3rd down pass at the right time. Which is crazy to me because it happened so often that you would think it's an easy key for the D.

bisonduck
05-29-2020, 04:40 AM
It seems over the years NDSU has had that smaller not often used WR that catches every damn 3rd down pass at the right time.

I kept thinking that little shit shouldn’t be that good. He must have beat some scrub. The one time I looked at the guy he beat it was Chinn from SIU, 😂.

OrygunBison
05-29-2020, 05:32 AM

He runs the ones they give him well. Seriously, don't know if they hold anything back from him. He's got a stupid amount of talent for FCS.

bisonduck
05-29-2020, 05:37 AM
He runs the ones they give him well. Seriously, don't know if they hold anything back from him. He's got a stupid amount of talent for FCS.

He has Daewood Davis speed. I am not sure why Davis doesn’t put it together. The kid works hard so hoping he blossoms at some point.

CyPanth
05-29-2020, 06:00 PM
What are you trying to get at here? The almost the entire western half of the country would associate UW with the Huskies. People say "U dubb". Not sure if you're trying to make fun of him for that. If so, it's kind of ignorant to think that the way people think of things in the midwest or in Iowa should somehow be transposed across the entire country.

What? You mean the entire country doesn't see things from my perspective. TIL!

Seriously, with so much of the Bison fanbase living in the state just west of Wisconsin, I thought the Oregon trolls should be made aware of the likelihood that many of us (you) tend to think of UW as Wisconsin, not Washington.

Hammerhead
05-29-2020, 07:43 PM
What? You mean the entire country doesn't see things from my perspective. TIL!

Seriously, with so much of the Bison fanbase living in the state just west of Wisconsin, I thought the Oregon trolls should be made aware of the likelihood that many of us (you) tend to think of UW as Wisconsin, not Washington.

Reminds me of a joke about a Tattoo artist who has lots of female clients getting an "M" tattooed south of the border because their boyfriend likes Minnesota or Michigan and then one who wants a W because her girlfriend likes Wisconsin.

QB11SD
06-02-2020, 12:15 AM

Shuck

QB11SD
06-02-2020, 12:27 AM
Oregon: 42
NDSU: 20
Lance is really good, Oregon’s team speed on defense will be a problem. How will the NDSU OL handle the Oregon pass rush will be the biggest key UO is very multiple and will move KT all over the place so what will NDSU’s answer be? 7 man protections or trusting Lance to get the ball out quick?

QB11SD
06-02-2020, 12:29 AM
He has Daewood Davis speed. I am not sure why Davis doesn’t put it together. The kid works hard so hoping he blossoms at some point.

Davis isn’t a WR he’s a high gear runner. Struggles to stop/start and is stiff laterally.

NDSU92
06-02-2020, 01:23 AM
Oregon: 42
NDSU: 20
Lance is really good, Oregon’s team speed on defense will be a problem. How will the NDSU OL handle the Oregon pass rush will be the biggest key UO is very multiple and will move KT all over the place so what will NDSU’s answer be? 7 man protections or trusting Lance to get the ball out quick?

Classic west coast offense. One of the few teams that truly runs a script anymore. Adjust after first quarter and try to hit a couple plays they’ve seen have a chance to pop. (Traps, pre-snap manipulation, TE seams, probably at least a couple gadget plays). I’m sure we’ll mix up max pro and quick hitters. Try to run lance a bit to try to keep LBs at the line of scrimmage then run routes behind them.

Coaches typically have been very good at game planning for the big game. Beating FBS teams during this run it’s been apparent who the better coaching staff was on that day. That will need to be the case for NDSU to be competitive. This is this coaching staff’s first game as a true underdog so we’ll see how they do.

QB11SD
06-02-2020, 03:07 AM
Classic west coast offense. One of the few teams that truly runs a script anymore. Adjust after first quarter and try to hit a couple plays they’ve seen have a chance to pop. (Traps, pre-snap manipulation, TE seams, probably at least a couple gadget plays). I’m sure we’ll mix up max pro and quick hitters. Try to run lance a bit to try to keep LBs at the line of scrimmage then run routes behind them.

Coaches typically have been very good at game planning for the big game. Beating FBS teams during this run it’s been apparent who the better coaching staff was on that day. That will need to be the case for NDSU to be competitive. This is this coaching staff’s first game as a true underdog so we’ll see how they do.

Yeah, lot of respect for NDSU and their staff/culture. The one thing about being a script team is you really have to be efficient in the run game. If you’re not and you get a negative play or two it can really kill a drive. I fully anticipate that NDSU staff will have a great plan that will give their guys the best chance at success. Will be fun to watch the chess match because Joe Moorhead and Andy Avalos are probably the best the pac-12 has to offer in terms of coordinators.

Just from what I know watching a ton of Oregon is that more times than not defensively they will air on the side of leaving the DB’s on an island and bringing bodies to account for the QB in the run game. Lance will have to make some throws against tight coverage under pressure for NDSU to have a chance.

EC8CH
06-02-2020, 03:19 AM
Yeah, lot of respect for NDSU and their staff/culture. The one thing about being a script team is you really have to be efficient in the run game. If you’re not and you get a negative play or two it can really kill a drive. I fully anticipate that NDSU staff will have a great plan that will give their guys the best chance at success. Will be fun to watch the chess match because Joe Moorhead and Andy Avalos are probably the best the pac-12 has to offer in terms of coordinators.

Just from what I know watching a ton of Oregon is that more times than not defensively they will air on the side of leaving the DB’s on an island and bringing bodies to account for the QB in the run game. Lance will have to make some throws against tight coverage under pressure for NDSU to have a chance.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/4ec635d46c385e654ccd781961610ad0/tenor.gif?itemid=10966338

Rock
06-02-2020, 04:01 AM

That sounds impossible when you say it like that.

Have the ducks ever even lost a game? Will they ever again?

Edit: just googled, looks like they have lost games and a lot of people outside NDSU think they will loose the next one.

Beep. Boop.

QB11SD
06-02-2020, 04:47 AM
That sounds impossible when you say it like that.

Have the ducks ever even lost a game? Will they ever again?

Edit: just googled, looks like they have lost games and a lot of people outside NDSU think they will loose the next one.

Beep. Boop.

Seeing as NDSU will be a 14ish point underdog on the road against a more talented team it will be difficult. That’s kind of the point.

Rock
06-02-2020, 01:33 PM
Seeing as NDSU will be a 14ish point underdog on the road against a more talented team it will be difficult. That’s kind of the point.

No, the point is for you to attempt to convince yourself that you are not only the smartest person on the ducks board, but the smartest here also.

Kind of a two state all star.

Remember to leave plenty of leeway for your late september 5th post on how you knew the ducks were going to loose this game.

Stay smarter. Stay safe.

Beep. Boop.

heffray
06-02-2020, 02:27 PM
Welcome back, QB11SD!

I see you haven't changed your tune (like, at all) since Lance blew up and multiple pundits have expressed interest in watching this game closely (even one picking the Bison outright).

But hey... When you're smarter than everyone and always right, why would you ever want to change your mind or admit you don't know everything? ;)

Anyway... blah blah blah. Glad to have you back and see that you're safe. Cheers.

OrygunBison
06-02-2020, 03:23 PM
I feel like this staff will approach this FBS game a bit differently than our past groups, at least offensively and on special teams. In the past, we've always been quite conservative in our offensive playcalling against FBS teams, really relying on establishing the run and basing everything off of that...just like the way we play everyone else. TR isn't going to stray from that tremendously but we saw last year that he and Entz like to put a few other nuggets into the game. This Bison offense is by far the most talented (IMO) group we've ever had and I can totally see Tyler being more creative at times since he has so many weapons. What I WILL say is that both TR and ME seem to be very, very good at studying a team and their tendencies then exploiting the knowledge to great success. Those guys have had a decent amount of time to contemplate and scheme over the last 2-1/2 months and I feel like they'll be incredibly prepared.

Bisonator98
06-02-2020, 03:53 PM

Oh FFS.....:rofl:

QB11SD
06-02-2020, 04:16 PM
No, the point is for you to attempt to convince yourself that you are not only the smartest person on the ducks board, but the smartest here also.

Kind of a two state all star.

Remember to leave plenty of leeway for your late september 5th post on how you knew the ducks were going to loose this game.

Stay smarter. Stay safe.

Beep. Boop.

I haven’t asserted that I’m smarter than anyone here or there? I just post my opinion. I’m sorry that I think Oregon is the better team and it’s going to take a pretty special performance from Lance through the air to win on the road against a P5 conference favorite that returns the #2 defense in FBS according to SP+. Obviously just a homer.

QB11SD
06-02-2020, 04:18 PM
Welcome back, QB11SD!

I see you haven't changed your tune (like, at all) since Lance blew up and multiple pundits have expressed interest in watching this game closely (even one picking the Bison outright).

But hey... When you're smarter than everyone and always right, why would you ever want to change your mind or admit you don't know everything? ;)

Anyway... blah blah blah. Glad to have you back and see that you're safe. Cheers.

Show me where I’ve ever stated that Lance is not only really good but will be the best QB on the field in September?

QB11SD
06-02-2020, 04:19 PM
Oh FFS.....:rofl:

The only other coordinators in the conversation are Graham Harrell (USC OC), Morgan Scalley (Utah DC) and Pete Kwitkowski (UW DC)

heffray
06-02-2020, 04:23 PM
Show me where I’ve ever stated that Lance is not only really good but will be the best QB on the field in September?

Perhaps I didn’t emphasize the light-hearted tone I intended with my post. :)

My comment was more about the outcome of the game than QB play. But I will say that before you went silent on this board, Lance was not yet projected as a top 5 QB prospect in next years’ draft... I would THINK that would alter your score prediction a bit, but it still looks like a lopsided victory by your estimation.

That’s all I was pointing out.