PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Verbal: Cole Payton

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

gavin2126
12-15-2021, 12:39 AM
Starting Wentz was the right call.
Covid Vaccines passed double blind trials.
Blaming false starts on QP taking a few snaps a game is silly.

Sorry if you are offended by truthful statements.

Blaming QP isn’t really all that silly. I was never that great at football in high school, but I was the backup QB in my 9 man team. Whenever I got into a game I would call out the snap in my usual cadence, and within a couple plays the defense was shouting out “be ready for the quick count!”

It’s a perfectly reasonable assumption to think that if it was reversed, and the offense was used to going on a quicker cadence, that it could be a reason for a false start when the QB with the slower cadence comes in. It’s also perfectly reasonable to expect any players on the field to be used to the difference in cadence between the two QB’s.

56BISON73
12-15-2021, 01:20 AM
Blaming QP isn’t really all that silly. I was never that great at football in high school, but I was the backup QB in my 9 man team. Whenever I got into a game I would call out the snap in my usual cadence, and within a couple plays the defense was shouting out “be ready for the quick count!”

It’s a perfectly reasonable assumption to think that if it was reversed, and the offense was used to going on a quicker cadence, that it could be a reason for a false start when the QB with the slower cadence comes in. It’s also perfectly reasonable to expect any players on the field to be used to the difference in cadence between the two QB’s.

Again---Nobody is blaming QP perse for doing anything wrong. Anytime you have an action that requires vocal sounds to start that action and the sounds change
there might be some getting used to. Its just one cog in the wheel. If you have to many missing cogs-----------

Kevin
12-15-2021, 01:24 AM
So anyway Cole should start.

On Friday.

El_Chapo
12-15-2021, 01:24 AM
cmon guys. move the cadence and trick stuff to another thread.

this thread will be longer than Wentzs someday

Kevin
12-15-2021, 01:25 AM

You’re not in charge of us lakes.

EC8CH
12-15-2021, 01:27 AM

Thread will be thicker than Cole's calves.

56BISON73
12-15-2021, 01:27 AM
So anyway Cole should start.

On Friday.

What happened to Jose?

Kevin
12-15-2021, 01:44 AM
What happened to Jose?

He went doubly blind in a covid study.

56BISON73
12-15-2021, 01:46 AM
He went doubly blind in a covid study.

Thats why he was so skinny and Lakes towel boy.

CAS4127
12-15-2021, 01:55 AM
What happened to Jose?

Laughable: He went to a D2 school to finish his career, and anti-FCS/diss on D2 players Lakes is his biggest fan.

Can’t make this hilarious and pathetic shit up!

El_Chapo
12-15-2021, 02:55 AM
Laughable: He went to a D2 school to finish his career, and anti-FCS/diss on D2 players Lakes is his biggest fan.

Can’t make this hilarious and pathetic shit up!

he beat Kansas & Montana St so shut your whore mouth.....

dammit now I gotta go find coles grandma

OrygunBison
12-15-2021, 01:51 PM

Well, DJ McNorton beat Montana State. And in a 6-3 victory, I'm personally going to avoid calling any offensive player a world beater. The defense won that game. (Plus, KU was just awful that year.)

stevdock
12-15-2021, 06:28 PM
Well, DJ McNorton beat Montana State. And in a 6-3 victory, I'm personally going to avoid calling any offensive player a world beater. The defense won that game. (Plus, KU was just awful that year.)

Plus it's Kansas football. Kansas.

56BISON73
12-15-2021, 07:12 PM

Did you really bring up Kansas?????:D

El_Chapo
12-15-2021, 08:05 PM
you guys are no fun....

Kevin
12-18-2021, 09:08 PM
Watching MSU makes it even more obvious that Cole should be starting.

23Bison
12-18-2021, 09:13 PM
Nope. The secret to a QB running the ball A LOT is throwing up 50/50 balls and actually having your WR/TE catching the ball to help move the chains. That’s all you need to know.

Kevin
12-18-2021, 09:29 PM
Nope. The secret to a QB running the ball A LOT is throwing up 50/50 balls and actually having your WR/TE catching the ball to help move the chains. That’s all you need to know.

Nope.

Sent from my iPhone using Brotalk.

EC8CH
12-18-2021, 09:32 PM
Nope.

Sent from my iPhone using Brotalk.

It's running THE RIGHT, or should I say lefty Quarterback.

El_Chapo
01-09-2022, 12:42 PM
Kevin. I spent an hour w coles bro/family in hot tub after game.. pm me for info. your name & this thread was brought up without provocation.... hmmmmm

El_Chapo
01-12-2022, 07:53 PM
Was talking to someone in frisco saturday night who believes that ALL 3 QB's are staying & Coaches will allow ALL 3 QB's to audition for starting job. I found that interesting & might actually benefit Cole Payton to be honest.

Professor Chaos
01-12-2022, 11:49 PM
Kevin. I spent an hour w coles bro/family in hot tub after game.. pm me for info. your name & this thread was brought up without provocation.... hmmmmm
Chapo, grandmas, and hot tubs... a formula as tried and true as spaghetti, meatballs, and parmesian.

HerdBot
01-13-2022, 01:56 AM
Was talking to someone in frisco saturday night who believes that ALL 3 QB's are staying & Coaches will allow ALL 3 QB's to audition for starting job. I found that interesting & might actually benefit Cole Payton to be honest.

Duh. Cole will be a Redshirt Freshman next year. When we signed him, I'm sure he anticipated sitting a few years behind Trey Lance.

Professor Chaos
01-13-2022, 02:25 AM
Duh. Cole will be a Redshirt Freshman next year. When we signed him, I'm sure he anticipated sitting a few years behind Trey Lance.
When he signed Trey had already began his NFL prep. When he committed (May 2020) that wasn't a for sure thing but IIRC at that time the draft buzz around Trey and him leaving after the 2020 fall season that never happened was already very string.

ByeSonBusiness
01-13-2022, 03:27 AM
When he signed Trey had already began his NFL prep. When he committed (May 2020) that wasn't a for sure thing but IIRC at that time the draft buzz around Trey and him leaving after the 2020 fall season that never happened was already very string.

Even if we ignore the Lance thing, he knew there was a guy here who was pretty highly recruited as well.

Then again, look at how FBS guys are doing things these days....oh...I didn't beat out the starter? Guess I'll transfer

Minimum8Pete
01-13-2022, 01:32 PM
I'm definitely spooked that CP will leave. Gosh I hope not.
I am STOKED that QP is staying, but it would have made things alot less stressful in regards to keeping CP.

If CP doesnt get meaningful playing time this fall, I would look out for K-State to poach him. they just got Adrian Martinez for his least year in the transfer portal... after that?? Gotta imagine CP's phone has been ringing

MankatoBison
01-13-2022, 01:35 PM
Anyone else's heart drop through the floor when they saw this thread trending?

Just me?

EC8CH
01-13-2022, 01:35 PM
I'm definitely spooked that CP will leave. Gosh I hope not.
I am STOKED that QP is staying, but it would have made things alot less stressful in regards to keeping CP.

If CP doesnt get meaningful playing time this fall, I would look out for K-State to poach him. they just got Adrian Martinez for his least year in the transfer portal... after that?? Gotta imagine CP's phone has been ringing

Definitely a big concern now with the transfer portal. Maintaining a pipeline at QB is even more difficult.

Minimum8Pete
01-13-2022, 01:54 PM
Somebody open the checkbook and get CP a killer NIL deal lol, we cant lose this kid

2011BisonAlumni
01-13-2022, 01:59 PM

Because Kansas is a SUPER POWER and Montana State has really been proven a tough program to beat….

Kevin
01-13-2022, 02:00 PM
Broseed will pay in safemoon.

Also lakes chilling with grandmas in the hot tub should be made into a bville NFT.

2011BisonAlumni
01-13-2022, 02:00 PM

Lakes you can admit it now….you were just in the hot tub with Cole’s Grandma….not his bro/family.

El_Chapo
01-13-2022, 02:37 PM
Lakes you can admit it now….you were just in the hot tub with Cole’s Grandma….not his bro/family.

LOL didn't see Cole's Grandma.... Mom/little brother.

tolnabison
01-13-2022, 03:11 PM
I honestly figured QP would transfer to one of the FCS schools in Illinois (being from the Chicago area). Could have saw him starting at ISU-R, WIU, or Eastern Illinois next season. Which would have led Cole Payton into taking his reps as the running QB that Quincy had been playing the last half of the season. I was perfectly fine with this outcome. For all three of them to be back is great. Something has to give in my mind. All three are too competitive and too talented to sit a watch.

NDSU92
01-13-2022, 03:23 PM
I honestly figured QP would transfer to one of the FCS schools in Illinois (being from the Chicago area). Could have saw him starting at ISU-R, WIU, or Eastern Illinois next season. Which would have led Cole Payton into taking his reps as the running QB that Quincy had been playing the last half of the season. I was perfectly fine with this outcome. For all three of them to be back is great. Something has to give in my mind. All three are too competitive and too talented to sit a watch.

Maybe they all have high character and want to play their part in helping their school win another championship?

QP could transfer to Illy State, but then he'd be the qb at Illy State. I'd rather have 5-10 snaps per game at NDSU.

tolnabison
01-13-2022, 03:41 PM
Maybe they all have high character and want to play their part in helping their school win another championship?

QP could transfer to Illy State, but then he'd be the qb at Illy State. I'd rather have 5-10 snaps per game at NDSU.

Judging someone's character? Time out here. So you are saying that a player has a bad character if they want to improve their chances of starting by transferring to another school? Every person's character is different. It depends on what they want in life. Some want to start, some want to win. I wouldn't be judging anyones character based on transferring. Especially in a world where we have 1,000+ kids in the transfer portal. Hell Georgia's starting corner, hit the portal the day after they won the championship.

I was just saying I wouldn't have been surprised if he would have left. He would have an opportunity to start at one of those schools.

Myself, I am ready to see Cole Payton in some shape or form. I see in my eyes, that he could play QPs role as the running quarterback in our offense as a way to integrate him into our offense.

HerdBot
01-13-2022, 04:06 PM

Cole verballed May 5th 2020. Trey declared for the NFL Draft Oct 6th after playing his last game on Oct 3rd. Cole signed the paperwork Dec 18, 2020

So he verballed before he declared and nobody through he would declare. It is still surprising

Minimum8Pete
01-13-2022, 05:52 PM

I agree with the idea here, except for that it implies that CP or QP would have bad character if they chose to leave

Remember, QP CAME HERE... did he show bad character in that decision, but now that hes with us, he's back to being a good character kid again?

MankatoBison
01-13-2022, 05:56 PM
Judging someone's character? Time out here. So you are saying that a player has a bad character if they want to improve their chances of starting by transferring to another school? Every person's character is different. It depends on what they want in life. Some want to start, some want to win. I wouldn't be judging anyones character based on transferring. Especially in a world where we have 1,000+ kids in the transfer portal. Hell Georgia's starting corner, hit the portal the day after they won the championship.

I was just saying I wouldn't have been surprised if he would have left. He would have an opportunity to start at one of those schools.

Myself, I am ready to see Cole Payton in some shape or form. I see in my eyes, that he could play QPs role as the running quarterback in our offense as a way to integrate him into our offense.

I quipped earlier in the season that I want a delta formation of Cole, Quincy, Luepke and T Williams. with max tight ends on the field. and see how many times we get their defensive coordinator to call time outs until they let us run the play

EC8CH
01-13-2022, 06:23 PM
So if QP comes back for one more season and splits snaps with Cam, if he graduates after next year as a Senior, would CP possibly fill that roll and split snaps with Cam the following year?

CP hasn't used a season of eligibility yet I believe, so next year will be his redshirt freshman year and he could possibly be splitting snaps as a sophomore. That would get somewhat on track to a regular QB progression but requires playing two QB's for the next 2-3 years.

NDSU92
01-13-2022, 06:38 PM

Who said everyone who transfers has bad character? It surely wasn't me.

I know it's 2021 but try not to get offended by everything someone says lol. Thanks for the speech tho

NDSU92
01-13-2022, 06:41 PM
I agree with the idea here, except for that it implies that CP or QP would have bad character if they chose to leave

Remember, QP CAME HERE... did he show bad character in that decision, but now that hes with us, he's back to being a good character kid again?

Never said transfers all have bad character. People transfer for all kinds of reasons.

Here's an example: a coach coming to tell you that you might as well transfer because you're buried on the depth chart or losing your scholarship. I bet it happens a lot more often than we think.

tolnabison
01-13-2022, 06:59 PM

Who said everyone who transfers has bad character? It surely wasn't me.

I know it's 2021 but try not to get offended by everything someone says lol. Thanks for the speech tho

You insinuated that by staying that makes them have high character by wanting to stay and not leave. And I am not the only one who thought you did.

I am not offended one bit. I am just saying hard to judge a person's character in the world of the transfer portal.

blackdiamond2
01-13-2022, 08:49 PM
Side note - Both MSU and ISU got Minnesota Gopher QB transfers in last week.

Missouri State - Jacob Clark
Illinois Sate - Zach Annexstad

Wolfie
01-13-2022, 08:53 PM
Side note - Both MSU and ISU got Minnesota Gopher QB transfers in last week.

Missouri State - Jacob Clark
Illinois Sate - Zach Annexstad

Can't even beat out garbage Tanner Morgan. Gross. I think Annexstad was a walk on though.
Morgan is below average on a good day, other than the 1 year he had 2 NFL receivers on his team.

**Edit to reflect that one was a walk on***

BisonHorns
01-13-2022, 09:48 PM
I wish every job had a transfer portal.

Wolfie
01-13-2022, 09:49 PM
I wish every job had a transfer portal.

Then there would just be a bunch of below average people thinking they can get a better job, when in reality, they would end up at Walmart.

89MTBISON
01-13-2022, 11:37 PM
Then there would just be a bunch of below average people thinking they can get a better job, when in reality, they would end up at Walmart.

Or Hoople U.

NDSU92
01-14-2022, 01:35 AM
You insinuated that by staying that makes them have high character by wanting to stay and not leave. And I am not the only one who thought you did.

I am not offended one bit. I am just saying hard to judge a person's character in the world of the transfer portal.

Sorry forgot this is Bisonville where people will spend time arguing with you about what you meant lol carry on

EC8CH
03-17-2022, 04:16 PM
https://twitter.com/jteigland/status/1504210373439852553?s=20&t=-nMn30ROuErfV_ikAkehZg

Offseason bump to pucker all your butts.

Bisonator98
03-17-2022, 05:06 PM
He needs to work on that release. Looks like he's throwing in slow motion talk about a wind up.

But those calves man.....

EC8CH
03-17-2022, 05:13 PM
He needs to work on that release. Looks like he's throwing in slow motion talk about a wind up.

But those calves man.....

Like Popeyes forearms.

Snowgoose
03-18-2022, 07:54 PM
Like Popeyes forearms.

We can sit and analyze Cole, but at this point we may never see him play much in a Bison uni if Cam keeps playing the way he did last year till his senior year. Cam played really well last year and if he improves some more this year look out.

JohnnyExtacy
03-18-2022, 08:35 PM
We can sit and analyze Cole, but at this point we may never see him play much in a Bison uni if Cam keeps playing the way he did last year till his senior year. Cam played really well last year and if he improves some more this year look out.

Agreed. Wouldn't be surprised to see Cole transfer after next year if Cam keeps trending up.

ZHerd
03-18-2022, 08:45 PM

Wouldn't Cole still have two years as starter?

El_Chapo
03-19-2022, 02:46 AM
Cole could beat out Cam if coaches gave him 50% of the snaps in camp. having Quincy around ruins that

tony
03-19-2022, 03:23 AM
Cole could beat out Cam if coaches gave him 50% of the snaps in camp. having Quincy around ruins that

Just out of curiosity, what kind of grade would you give Cam for the 2021 season?

I mean, to my untrained eye, that looked like an A grade.

ByeSonBusiness
03-19-2022, 10:11 AM
Wouldn't Cole still have two years as starter?

If Cam uses all of his eligibility here Cole could have at most... one year.

El_Chapo
03-19-2022, 01:22 PM
Just out of curiosity, what kind of grade would you give Cam for the 2021 season?

I mean, to my untrained eye, that looked like an A grade.

I was fine with cams 2021 season, I just think there's more upside playing cole

steelbison
03-19-2022, 08:51 PM
I was fine with cams 2021 season, I just think there's more upside playing cole

Sorry going to agree to disagree. Peyton better athlete. Cam better QB at this point and it’s not close. Cam played great last year and got better as the year went in. He’s by far the more polished passer. Maybe they will use Cole like Quincy when he graduates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin
03-19-2022, 09:12 PM
Cole is going to start at some point before he's "supposed to". Might not be this year. Next definitely.

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
03-19-2022, 10:47 PM
Cole is going to start at some point before he's "supposed to". Might not be this year. Next definitely.Not unless cam gets hurt or completely falls apart. Zero chance of an open competition if they keep winning.
Cole in a Quincy role with the added threat of a pass will be nice though in 2023.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Kevin
03-19-2022, 11:01 PM
Not unless cam gets hurt or completely falls apart. Zero chance of an open competition if they keep winning.
Cole in a Quincy role with the added threat of a pass will be nice though in 2023.

Zero chance that there’s zero chance bro.

Alsen
03-20-2022, 02:02 AM
Has anyone really seen enough of Cole Peyton to judge his ability? If you have, when was that? It's not rocket science, coaches have an obligation to everyone concerned to play the best players. There is no tenure in college football.

If Cole looks better in practice, he will be given a shot. If Quincy improves as a passer, he is obviously the more effective carrying the rock.

Entz strikes me as being very fair to his guys. If I were going to suspect a coach of leaning in one direction, it might Rohl pushing for the better ball carrier.

Cole is the one of the three that I could see in the NFL someday.

EC8CH
03-20-2022, 02:12 AM
Has anyone really seen enough of Cole Peyton to judge his ability? If you have, when was that?

Calves bro... The calves.

El_Chapo
05-09-2022, 07:10 PM
annndd here we go.

Hammerhead
05-09-2022, 09:13 PM
annndd here we go.

It's better than threads about quarterback play last spring.

EC8CH
05-09-2022, 09:26 PM
annndd here we go.

cp.... Qb 1.5

HerdBot
05-09-2022, 09:30 PM
cp.... Qb 1.5

He can run like a deer, so yes. Good way to to ease him into things like we did with Quincy

OrygunBison
05-09-2022, 09:45 PM
What prompted this new information?

OrygunBison
05-09-2022, 09:46 PM
nevermind.

EC8CH
05-09-2022, 11:42 PM
nevermind.

Clicked here before the QP thread huh?

CAS4127
05-10-2022, 02:45 AM
He can run like a deer, so yes. Good way to to ease him into things like we did with Quincy

Are you attempting to re-write history? Good God!

HerdBot
05-10-2022, 12:44 PM
Are you attempting to re-write history? Good God!

No but I didnt make myself very clear. Quincy started right away but the playbook was very limited. Less than 10 passes a game and more runs than passes. Most everything out of shotgun. Cole should at the very least be where Quincy was and Cam should continue to improve. But Cole is a great athlete and those calves lol

El_Chapo
05-10-2022, 01:27 PM
Cole will start at some point this fall.

southcliffbison
05-10-2022, 01:57 PM
We will have a Jensen/Wentz situation here; you don't pull the starter/winner of the previous national championship game for a "better" 2nd stringer unless said starter/winner starts losing or gets himself injured or comes down with some strange tropical disease.

OrygunBison
05-10-2022, 03:27 PM
We will have a Jensen/Wentz situation here; you don't pull the starter/winner of the previous national championship game for a "better" 2nd stringer unless said starter/winner starts losing or gets himself injured or comes down with some strange tropical disease.

Q never lost a game but was replaced. Entz isn't as bullheaded as Bohl was when Wentz was on the bench. Also, I like Cam but he's no Brock Jensen.

TransAmBison
05-10-2022, 03:39 PM
Q never lost a game but was replaced. Entz isn't as bullheaded as Bohl was when Wentz was on the bench. Also, I like Cam but he's no Brock Jensen.Cam can't run like Brock, but he is much more advanced than Brock was at this stage of his career. I'm a huge Brock supporter, but I have to admit his first couple years playing were not great. It wasn't until his senior year that he really turned it on.

mtoutfitter
05-10-2022, 03:42 PM
Cam can't run like Brock, but he is much more advanced than Brock was at this stage of his career. I'm a huge Brock supporter, but I have to admit his first couple years playing were not great. It wasn't until his senior year that he really turned it on.

Pretty much what I was gonna say. Agree on this stage of their careers but I do think Cam is the better passer at this point of his career.

Hammerhead
05-10-2022, 03:49 PM

Or a Wentz/Stick situation where you pull a QB who won 8 games for the previous starter who went something like 12 calendar weeks since his last start.

EC8CH
05-10-2022, 04:33 PM
All prior examples are invalid. Cole's calves are without comparison.

El_Chapo
05-10-2022, 05:32 PM
Cam can't run like Brock, but he is much more advanced than Brock was at this stage of his career. I'm a huge Brock supporter, but I have to admit his first couple years playing were not great. It wasn't until his senior year that he really turned it on.

the defense Brock had was insane.

OrygunBison
05-10-2022, 05:48 PM
Pretty much what I was gonna say. Agree on this stage of their careers but I do think Cam is the better passer at this point of his career.

Certainly agree that Cam is the better passer of the two. However, Brock had "it" starting about the time that they played the goofs in 2011, still his soph year. As much as I like Cam, I don't see "it", although I can't place why? Not sure if Cole has "it" either but just commenting on intangibles being a part of the metric and the decision-making process of who's starting as a result.

El_Chapo
05-10-2022, 06:47 PM
Certainly agree that Cam is the better passer of the two. However, Brock had "it" starting about the time that they played the goofs in 2011, still his soph year. As much as I like Cam, I don't see "it", although I can't place why? Not sure if Cole has "it" either but just commenting on intangibles being a part of the metric and the decision-making process of who's starting as a result.

Marcus Williams/Heagle had 14 points in that game though.. love Brock. But Defense was our calling card those few years.

I throw Cole out there Game 1 vs Drake (or give Cam drives 1 & 2 maybe) and see what we got. We can always fall back on Cam.

OrygunBison
05-10-2022, 07:10 PM
Marcus Williams/Heagle had 14 points in that game though.. love Brock. But Defense was our calling card those few years.

I throw Cole out there Game 1 vs Drake (or give Cam drives 1 & 2 maybe) and see what we got. We can always fall back on Cam.

I understand that your mancrush had a great game but go back and watch the replay of the entire game. That is when Brock started playing differently, more commandingly.

G_Funky
05-10-2022, 08:30 PM

Put Cole out there early for meaningful reps and then pull him if he under performs? That sounds like an excellent way to get him mentally prepared. No way that could cause any sort of issues down the road.

EC8CH
05-10-2022, 09:08 PM
Cole caught whoop the mvfc with one calf tied behind his back.

Kevin
05-10-2022, 09:09 PM
New development: Kevin will no longer complain about the QB power play being run 12 times a game.

EC8CH
05-10-2022, 09:10 PM
New development: Kevin will no longer complain about the QB power play being run 12 times a game.

3rd and Cole FTMFW!

Kevin
05-10-2022, 09:12 PM
3rd and Cole FTMFW!

Can't wait until the first time he pulls that Trey Lance fake draw and nails someone on a slant off the left side.

Going to add a whole new nightmare for defenses on many fronts.

EC8CH
05-10-2022, 09:22 PM
Can't wait until the first time he pulls that Trey Lance fake draw and nails someone on a slant off the left side.

Going to add a whole new nightmare for defenses on many fronts.

Like Rocky 2 he can train to throw right handed until he switched back to the southpaw in the fourth quarter... They'll never see it coming.

steelbison
05-14-2022, 02:01 AM

Couldn’t disagree more. Cam has it in spades.

bisonaudit
05-14-2022, 02:10 AM
Couldn’t disagree more. Cam has it in spades.

Because the possession of it is a post hoc narrative construction it is impossible to have it before you’ve done anything.

Alsen
05-14-2022, 04:18 AM
Cole Payton IS the next Steve Young. Believe it!

Snowgoose
05-14-2022, 07:04 PM
Cole Payton IS the next Steve Young. Believe it!

Perfect comparison as Steve young sat behind a very less athletic Joe Montana for numerous years. The way Cam played last year may make Cole sit just like young and even Wentz had to.

Kevin
05-14-2022, 07:14 PM
Perfect comparison as Steve young sat behind a very less athletic Joe Montana for numerous years. The way Cam played last year may make Cole sit just like young and even Wentz had to.

Have we really seen Cam have any "Joe Montana" like moments yet? Great game manager, doesn't make a lot of mistakes. That's awesome. But when shit hits the fan can get us out of it?

If the answer isn't a definitive yes then it should be an open competition all season.

BisManBison
05-14-2022, 07:31 PM
Have we really seen Cam have any "Joe Montana" like moments yet? Great game manager, doesn't make a lot of mistakes. That's awesome. But when shit hits the fan can get us out of it?

If the answer isn't a definitive yes then it should be an open competition all season.

Missouri State game? We were dead in the water offensively until he came in.

Kevin
05-14-2022, 07:42 PM
Missouri State game? We were dead in the water offensively until he came in.

Never heard of them bro.

gavin2126
05-14-2022, 08:15 PM
Missouri State game? We were dead in the water offensively until he came in.He also led a TD drive against JMU right after they took the lead to get momentum back.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

southcliffbison
05-14-2022, 08:45 PM
He also led a TD drive against JMU right after they took the lead to get momentum back.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Never heard of them, bro......

Kevin
05-14-2022, 09:59 PM
JM who bro?

EC8CH
05-14-2022, 10:35 PM
JM who bro?

Probably a team as successful against NDSU as Sam Whoston.

MankatoBison
05-17-2022, 07:25 PM
JM who bro?

Brian McLaughlin has entered the chat....

El_Chapo
08-04-2022, 03:04 AM
Get EC8CH a dirty sock...lol

this is Fire..

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgzfuprOdWd/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

EC8CH
08-04-2022, 03:12 AM

this is Fire..

Lots of calf shots.

HerdBot
08-04-2022, 03:45 AM

this is Fire..

6-3, 230 with speed. Assuming Cam starts, no way he doesn't get snaps like Quincy did because he's a perfect change up to Cam.

bri-dog
08-04-2022, 01:40 PM
Yes, Cole put on 9 lbs since the start of last year. That's 4.5 lbs/calf...

EC8CH
08-04-2022, 01:55 PM
Yes, Cole put on 9 lbs since the start of last year. That's 4.5 lbs/calf...

https://media2.giphy.com/media/8dl1ITvPmV99S/200w.gif?cid=82a1493brf2uj5parp1tzzhez2tqzrld2rzdh dh0oyjxzucv&rid=200w.gif&ct=g

El_Chapo
08-09-2022, 04:44 AM
ec8ch. calm down https://instagram.com/stories/colepayton9/2900779717272686397?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

EC8CH
08-09-2022, 09:29 PM
ec8ch. calm down https://instagram.com/stories/colepayton9/2900779717272686397?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

Those sweet calves are locked behind and insta login and here I am without an account :(

Kevin
08-15-2022, 02:05 AM
Watching the UGA spring game and can’t help but notice the parallels between Stetson Bennett and cam Miller.

El_Chapo
08-18-2022, 02:11 PM
if NDSU coaches allowed Quincy friggin Patterson to have packages and a big role along side Cam. then there is zero reason NOT to do the same with Cole.

he should get alot of playtime this year.

WeAreThePride
08-18-2022, 02:42 PM
if NDSU coaches allowed Quincy friggin Patterson to have packages and a big role along side Cam. then there is zero reason NOT to do the same with Cole.

If you have two quarterbacks you don’t have a quarterback.

Bison Dan
08-18-2022, 02:51 PM
If you have two quarterbacks you don’t have a quarterback.

I think that statement was proved false by the Bison last year.

scottietohottie
08-18-2022, 02:52 PM
I can't think of a single team that only has one qb on the roster.

mtoutfitter
08-18-2022, 02:53 PM

But But the "Quincy friggin Patterson" you refer to was a 4 star recruit.....How can this be??

17>1
08-18-2022, 02:56 PM
I think that statement was proved false by the Bison last year.

Agreed! I think the timing of Quincy's shoulder injury in the Missouri State game was a blessing in disguise. Cam got starting duties moving forward and Quincy was basically only coming in to run the ball....or rolling out into the flat for a pass lol. Watching Quincy come in and rumble down the sidelines for 40 plus yards in the title game was awesome!!!

Looking forward to what Cole will bring to this offense. Not only has he proven he can run the ball, me thinks he'll be a better passer than Quincy was so having to respect that part of his game too will give defenses nightmares.

I'm getting pretty pumped for Bison football.

Go Bison!

Hammerhead
08-18-2022, 03:05 PM
Agreed! I think the timing of Quincy's shoulder injury in the Missouri State game was a blessing in disguise. Cam got starting duties moving forward and Quincy was basically only coming in to run the ball....or rolling out into the flat for a pass lol. Watching Quincy come in and rumble down the sidelines for 40 plus yards in the title game was awesome!!!

Looking forward to what Cole will bring to this offense. Not only has he proven he can run the ball, me thinks he'll be a better passer than Quincy was so having to respect that part of his game too will give defenses nightmares.

I'm getting pretty pumped for Bison football.

Go Bison!

Same here. I'm hoping Cole gets some playing time in the opener so we can see him in action. The first time I saw Trey Lance in a game I knew he would be the front runner for the starting job after Easton.

HerdBot
08-18-2022, 03:25 PM

I agree. He's a 230 pound guy with speed and the fact he is a lefty can create some unique wrinkles teams will have to prep for

Herd
08-18-2022, 03:49 PM
I agree. He's a 230 pound guy with speed and the fact he is a lefty can create some unique wrinkles teams will have to prep for

We could have won title 10 (18) by starting Q this year and not throw a pass all season, he was that good running the ball. We will miss Q, so your damn right there better be a CP package.

scottietohottie
08-18-2022, 03:53 PM
Hunter Luepke wildcat formation on third and long eh.

scottietohottie
08-18-2022, 03:54 PM
You run it on first and second down you don't have 3rd downs. Better save it until the playoffs.

ByeSonBusiness
08-18-2022, 04:35 PM

If he's as good as people think he is, I'm sure they'll have a package for him.

Bisman
08-18-2022, 07:13 PM
If he's as good as people think he is, I'm sure they'll have a package for him.

Coaches already said they will have a package for Cole.

El_Chapo
08-18-2022, 07:17 PM
We could have won title 10 (18) by starting Q this year and not throw a pass all season, he was that good running the ball. We will miss Q, so your damn right there better be a CP package.

his baby mama's will miss him too.. he was like Temple? that's a long ways from Fargo!
Cole is prepared to stay here 4 years, I don't see him leaving after the convo's i've had, good family and Cam's Family is awesome too, his dad being a coach helps! we are blessed here for the next few years

BFKasper14
08-18-2022, 08:26 PM
his baby mama's will miss him too.. he was like Temple? that's a long ways from Fargo!
Cole is prepared to stay here 4 years, I don't see him leaving after the convo's i've had, good family and Cam's Family is awesome too, his dad being a coach helps! we are blessed here for the next few years

The kiss of death…might as well start saying our goodbyes now

Alsen
08-19-2022, 12:22 AM
It is my opinion that Cole is being immensely underrated on this forum. He may very well become the greatest Bison QB of all time.

Herd
08-19-2022, 01:09 AM
It is my opinion that Cole is being immensely underrated on this forum. He may very well become the greatest Bison QB of all time.

I said I hope they put Cole in periodically with his own play package. That’s more than Carson got for 3 years. So no, I’m not discounting his ability. Lot bigger upside than current starter, just like 11.

Kevin
08-19-2022, 01:13 AM
Saying that Wentz had a lot bigger upside than Jensen (at the collegiate level) is a stretch. People forget how good Jensen really was.

This is a bit different situation. Love Miller Time but it's night and day difference. If CP can complete the short routes and manage reads he should be the starter. He has all the intangibles that QP had, QP just couldn't do that shit. At all.

At the very least I hope they keep the third and quincy package and just make it third and cole.

EC8CH
08-19-2022, 01:14 AM

The calves don't lie.

steelbison
08-19-2022, 01:29 AM

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]. I’ve read some funny shit on this board. This is by far the most outrageous.

steelbison
08-19-2022, 01:30 AM
I said I hope they put Cole in periodically with his own play package. That’s more than Carson got for 3 years. So no, I’m not discounting his ability. Lot bigger upside than current starter, just like 11.

Says who? Cam Miller is by far the better QB. Miller for some odd reason does t get the credit he deserves. He’s a really good QB.

steelbison
08-19-2022, 01:31 AM
Saying that Wentz had a lot bigger upside than Jensen (at the collegiate level) is a stretch. People forget how good Jensen really was.

This is a bit different situation. Love Miller Time but it's night and day difference. If CP can complete the short routes and manage reads he should be the starter. He has all the intangibles that QP had, QP just couldn't do that shit. At all.

At the very least I hope they keep the third and quincy package and just make it third and cole.

You guys really need to lay off the drugs. Seriously.

scottietohottie
08-19-2022, 01:52 AM

Sounds like a recession.

CAS4127
08-19-2022, 02:57 AM

The greater than Zero reason is that we had CP AS a backup to QP and Miller. We dont have that backup at this point. But run the shit out of your QB2 without a legit QB3? I’m thinking our coaches are a bit smarter than that.

El_Chapo
08-19-2022, 03:25 AM
Says who? Cam Miller is by far the better QB. Miller for some odd reason does t get the credit he deserves. He’s a really good QB.

how do we know?
Cole is bigger, faster, more fluid throwing motion.
Cam is a solid QB that hasn't made tok many mistakes.

good position for NDSU to be in.

Kevin
08-19-2022, 03:32 AM

Don’t @ me and threaten our barn empire bro

No one’s quitting anything.

EC8CH
08-19-2022, 03:43 AM
The greater than Zero reason is that we had CP AS a backup to QP and Miller. We dont have that backup at this point. But run the shit out of your QB2 without a legit QB3? I’m thinking our coaches are a bit smarter than that.

Luepke wildcat offense is QB3

2 TE 3 FB... Crew Chief Full House

El_Chapo
08-19-2022, 04:21 AM
Luepke wildcat offense is QB3

2 TE 3 FB... Crew Chief Full House

ooooh I likey

steelbison
08-19-2022, 05:02 AM
how do we know?
Cole is bigger, faster, more fluid throwing motion.
Cam is a solid QB that hasn't made tok many mistakes.

good position for NDSU to be in.

More fluid throwing motion? Says who? Maybe go watch him throw. Unless he has improved not even close.

reformedUNDfan
08-19-2022, 08:04 AM
This is like when Michigan fans wanted Brady benched in favor of some hot prospect.

Your all nuts.

Kevin
08-19-2022, 01:53 PM
This is like when Michigan fans wanted Brady benched in favor of some hot prospect.

Your all nuts.

you're comparing cam miller to the greatest qb of all time.

and we're nuts

EC8CH
08-19-2022, 04:10 PM

and we're nuts

We no nuts, weez cwazy!

https://i0.wp.com/geeksoup.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/temple-of-doom-short-round.jpg?resize=640%2C384&ssl=1

El_Chapo
08-19-2022, 04:33 PM

and we're nuts

#Pwned .... haha

Alsen
08-19-2022, 10:38 PM

Your all nuts.

No.....This is like when the 49ers moved on from Joe Montana because they knew they were holding back something even greater. Now, am I comparing Cole to Steve Young? Well, maybe.

Keep in mind that Steve Young was almost moved to DB early in his time at BYU because of his size and his struggles throwing the football.

IMO, if Cole actually gets some real game experience, he will quickly surpass the competition and begin his ascent.

reformedUNDfan
08-19-2022, 10:46 PM

and we're nuts

Ya'll are blind. Cam was running the offense as well as anyone ever here. What was he, a 69% passer last year? 5 to 1 turnover ratio?

He was a mile ahead of stick or Jensen at the same point.

MankatoBison
08-22-2022, 04:32 PM
Ya'll are blind. Cam was running the offense as well as anyone ever here. What was he, a 69% passer last year? 5 to 1 turnover ratio?

He was a mile ahead of stick or Jensen at the same point.

Great point, he really is miles ahead passing than both stick and Jensen at the same point. But each stick and Jensen were absolute headaches with their legs, and Cam is not.

reformedUNDfan
08-23-2022, 09:59 AM
Great point, he really is miles ahead passing than both stick and Jensen at the same point. But each stick and Jensen were absolute headaches with their legs, and Cam is not.

He had 280 yards rushing in 7 games. He's about as quick as Jensen.

You're all blind to how ridiculously good Cam is.

MankatoBison
08-23-2022, 12:43 PM

Jensen had many 20+ Yd runs, Cam will not. Cam will not rip the 40ish yd run in GSU1, hes not going to sneak it in like Brock in KSU. I'm not knocking the kid, I think hes all american good, But its not wrong to say "Brock was a better runner" lol

Dont get me wrong, Its not like Brock was like a gazelle out there, but the guy had multiple 50+ Yd runs. How many QBs have multiple 50 YD runs? We didnt run him like stick or Lance or anything, but when the guy had a designed run (which was rare), It usually hit and hit fairly big.

Cam is a better thrower than Brock and this point -by leaps and bounds- which is far more important for a QB, and Brock was a better runner

OrygunBison
08-23-2022, 05:10 PM

For what it's worth, I was blind to Brock until the KState game. That was after MANY good games from him.

Rixen
08-23-2022, 06:15 PM

Haha, you're probably right and I hope you are. We just had 3 QBs get drafted and are excited for Cole Payton so we are spoiled rotten. The next big thing is likely already under center. Here's hopin'!

Kevin
08-23-2022, 06:16 PM
Even if Cam runs as well as Brock and Stick he's not built like them.

I hope CP gets the same reps that QP did to take the load off Miller. Even if it's horribly predictable (but maybe less so because CP can presumably complete a medium range pass).

Rixen
08-23-2022, 06:25 PM
Even if Cam runs as well as Brock and Stick he's not built like them.

I hope CP gets the same reps that QP did to take the load off Miller. Even if it's horribly predictable (but maybe less so because CP can presumably complete a medium range pass).

While I think you are mostly right it isn't like their builds are tooooo far off (6'1 212 vs 6'2 221). That extra size certainly doesn't hurt but I think Easton's shiftiness, as shown at the combine, was his trump card. Easton was fast and had decent bulk but it seemed like he never got trucked.

All that is to say, I pretty much agree with you. I want to see Cole in there plenty. One, it takes the physical toll off of Cam but it also keeps Cole integrated in the offense and just progresses his feel for the game. When his time comes he will have that leg (calf) up.

Hammerhead
08-23-2022, 09:04 PM
I predict he will be in the game after the first series in the second half and might get some work with the first teamers before that when we are up 35-0 after one quarter vs. Drake.

While I think you are mostly right it isn't like their builds are tooooo far off (6'1 212 vs 6'2 221). That extra size certainly doesn't hurt but I think Easton's shiftiness, as shown at the combine, was his trump card. Easton was fast and had decent bulk but it seemed like he never got trucked.

All that is to say, I pretty much agree with you. I want to see Cole in there plenty. One, it takes the physical toll off of Cam but it also keeps Cole integrated in the offense and just progresses his feel for the game. When his time comes he will have that leg (calf) up.

bajadanny
08-23-2022, 10:11 PM
Stick took a bearing in the Iowa game

SDbison
08-23-2022, 11:16 PM
Need to get Cole in the game when he can run the entire offense. None of this hand off every down shit! We need to get to 24-0 in the Drake game by end of 1st quarter and then put Cole in so he can take us to 45-0 by halftime. Have Cole run the option for awhile........that would be awesome!

CAS4127
08-24-2022, 02:11 AM
Need to get Cole in the game when he can run the entire offense. None of this hand off every down shit! We need to get to 24-0 in the Drake game by end of 1st quarter and then put Cole in so he can take us to 45-0 by halftime. Have Cole run the option for awhile........that would be awesome!

This, plus people comparing Cam’s rushing to Jenson and Stick are not factoring in that neither of them had to deal with bringing in QP for running reps, cuz we didn’t have that option with them.

gavin2126
08-24-2022, 04:13 AM
For what it's worth, I was blind to Brock until the KState game. That was after MANY good games from him.

Other than some of the playoff games, I'm kind of oblivious to what Brock was like pre 2013 too. How would people compare the way Brock ran the ball in 2010 to the way Cam ran the ball last year? That would be comparing the 2 of them at the same point of their careers.

I hope your assuming 3 TD's plus 3 2-point conversions, because if Drake holds us to a FG at any point Chapo is firing up the Fire Roehl thread.

17>1
08-24-2022, 02:42 PM
Man, who else agrees that Bisonville just gets better when football season rolls around?!!!

On the discussion of running QBs, got me thinking of the QBs we've been chatting about and some of their big runs they had in the last ~12 years or so. Here are some of my favorites!

Jensen - Flu game against GSU and the big run for a TD. This run showed he had some deceptively good speed. 4th and Goal to send us to Frisco. KSU for the win!
Moehler - For Chapo, big run against MSU in 2010 playoffs.....did it go for 6? I can't remember.
Wentz - He literally jumped over a LB at ISU. When he trucked that DB from Youngstown at the goal line. JSU title game shifty little run to his left for 6.
Stick - Iowa, first play on the game winning drive....QB running like a RB. EWU title game clincher. That game in the dome against SDSU where we just curb stomped them and he was running all over the place.
Lance - USD in yellow helmet, yellow pant and white jersey combo which looks sick btw, picks the ball up off the ground and runs it in from like 30ish yards out. JMU 55 yarder in the title game.
QP - Rumble down the sidelines against MSU in the title game for 40+
Miller - See QP above lol

BisManBison
08-25-2022, 04:28 AM
First year gross rushing stat comparison between Cam and Brock. Who is who?

ATT. YDS. TD

68. 319. 4
69. 325. 4

It seems those saying Brock was a much better runner remember JR/SR Brock v FR/SO Brock.

17>1
08-25-2022, 01:52 PM
First year gross rushing stat comparison between Cam and Brock. Who is who?

ATT. YDS. TD

68. 319. 4
69. 325. 4

It seems those saying Brock was a much better runner remember JR/SR Brock v FR/SO Brock.

I remember a young Brock Jensen at Montana State 2010 hurting his shoulder and coming out of the game. Can't remember for sure though if it was a run play or scramble situation, or if he got sacked. Feel like it was a run play and they were inside the 10 yard line or so. Regarding your point, I'm sure there was a significant difference between those 2 sets of years for Brock.

OrygunBison
08-25-2022, 04:08 PM
In 2010, I remember thinking that Brock might be a bit too fragile to be a QB for NDSU. He was hit and miss all season due to injury that year. Kind of seems like an absurd notion given how his NDSU career actually went.

Professor Chaos
08-25-2022, 04:55 PM
Brock was nowhere near the runner that Wentz, Stick, and Lance were. They utilized him a lot at the goal line though which I think leads us to think he was more of a runner than he was because he's got some iconic TD runs. Cam could follow a similar trajectory as a runner if he adds a few more pounds although I still don't see him being the goal line threat that Brock was.

BisonCardinal
08-25-2022, 06:00 PM
In 2010, I remember thinking that Brock might be a bit too fragile to be a QB for NDSU. He was hit and miss all season due to injury that year. Kind of seems like an absurd notion given how his NDSU career actually went.

This. My wife and I called him Porcelain. Fortunately, he came around and became one of NDSU's greats. Good on him.

El_Chapo
09-18-2022, 06:47 AM
Start Cole. Bench Cam.

we ain't throwing the ball anyways

scottietohottie
09-18-2022, 06:49 AM
we ain't throwing the ball anyways

I'd sure like to know why.

mtoutfitter
09-18-2022, 06:53 AM

Maybe because P Sproles can't get open? You know the guy that a certain poster was pumping up about breaking all the receiving records at NDSU.

El_Chapo
09-18-2022, 06:55 AM
it's time. start Cole

reformedUNDfan
09-18-2022, 08:05 AM
it's time. start Cole

Cam was 10/12 today bro

EC8CH
09-18-2022, 08:29 AM

I feel there is a lack in trust in our QBs. No attempt across the middle. Very conservative pass play calling. Maybe was just the strategy for this game. Has worked before, almost worked tonight.

NDSU_grad
09-18-2022, 02:40 PM
I feel there is a lack in trust in our QBs. No attempt across the middle. Very conservative pass play calling. Maybe was just the strategy for this game. Has worked before, almost worked tonight.
Cam doesn’t have a very strong arm and our receivers can’t get separation. Given that, the playcalling last night was close to as perfect as you’re going to see.

Bisonator98
09-18-2022, 02:46 PM
Really thought they were gonna let Cole throw one in this game. Why bring him in of all you're going to do is run him teams are all over that now gotta let him throw it at some point.

scottietohottie
09-18-2022, 02:48 PM
Really thought they were gonna let Cole throw one in this game. Why bring him in of all you're going to do is run him teams are all over that now gotta let him throw it at some point.

Saving that for sdsu eh. Lol. That was a real head scratcher. Like I said last night he better start working on kick passes if he can't throw.

EC8CH
09-18-2022, 02:57 PM
Saving that for sdsu eh. Lol. That was a real head scratcher. Like I said last night he better start working on kick passes if he can't throw.

Asu QB would be great at that. Punted a ball from midfield into the 7 row on the sidelines into a students hands.

EC8CH
09-18-2022, 02:59 PM

Both him and Cole were given much responsibility in the passing game. Really nothing over the middle or straight drop back. Seemed like they didn't want to give them a chance to make a mistake.

HerdBot
09-18-2022, 04:36 PM
Cole is dynamic AF running the ball, but the Shotgun QB power was so predictable. Even an AZ defender said he knew that was a QB power. He was clearly a threat on the edge. But if your not going the throw every once in a while, it's predictable

EC8CH
09-21-2022, 04:51 AM
I really really hope Cole sticks it out here.

ByeSonBusiness
09-21-2022, 04:59 AM
I really really hope Cole sticks it out here.

Eh, don't dwell on it. If he does, he does. If he doesn't, he doesn't.

EC8CH
09-21-2022, 05:00 AM
Eh, don't dwell on it. If he does, he does. If he doesn't, he doesn't.

You see my avatar... I'm invested.

ByeSonBusiness
09-21-2022, 05:02 AM
You see my avatar... I'm invested.

I'm on mobile. Had to zoom in! In that case, he must stay. For the sake of your BV avatar. Kids these days...

El_Chapo
09-24-2022, 07:05 PM
Start Cole 2nd half

4-8 21 yards and INT isn't a good look for a NDSU QB

JohnnyExtacy
09-24-2022, 07:09 PM
Meh, from what I've seen with Payton, he's a good player but there is nothing there to warrant starting over Miller at this time.

El_Chapo
09-24-2022, 07:18 PM
Meh, from what I've seen with Payton, he's a good player but there is nothing there to warrant starting over Miller at this time.

Let his Cannon LOOSE.

El_Chapo
09-30-2022, 04:41 PM
pretty sure Cole Can do better than this

NDSU ranks 112th out of 123 teams in the FCS in passing offense at 120 yards per game

KSBisonFan
09-30-2022, 04:44 PM

NDSU ranks 112th out of 123 teams in the FCS in passing offense at 120 yards per game

So Cole is going to audible out of the running play the coach called just so he can bump up our passing stats. Sounds reasonable.

JMB
09-30-2022, 04:52 PM

We are also 5th in rushing averaging 6.1 yards per carry.

EC8CH
09-30-2022, 04:54 PM

Peep the avatar broseph...

Herd
09-30-2022, 09:16 PM

That stat is just about as important as where we rank for . . . “Home Wins in Outdoor Stadiums”. WTH

OrygunBison
09-30-2022, 09:25 PM

Dude, you lost all credibility on pumping up QBs back when Jose Mohler was on the roster.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
09-30-2022, 10:13 PM
Dude, you lost all credibility on pumping up QBs back when Jose Mohler was on the roster.

Quoted for truth.

EC8CH
09-30-2022, 11:39 PM
Quoted for truth.

Cole ain't no Jose

El_Chapo
10-01-2022, 03:39 AM
we need a passing game. Cole helps that

ByeSonBusiness
10-01-2022, 04:04 AM
we need a passing game. Cole helps that

How does he do that

Wolfie
10-01-2022, 10:18 PM
How does he do that

Chapo saw him throw in spring ball in 7 on 7 drills.
Same thing as a real game, no difference.
He saw the same spark of passing greatness with Jose Mohler and Nick Mertens too. (he just chooses to forget that)

El_Chapo
10-01-2022, 10:33 PM
Chapo saw him throw in spring ball in 7 on 7 drills.
Same thing as a real game, no difference.
He saw the same spark of passing greatness with Jose Mohler and Nick Mertens too. (he just chooses to forget that)

I was on Lance in HS and I wanted Wentz over Brock

Kevin
10-01-2022, 10:48 PM
I was on Lance in HS and I wanted Wentz over Brock

Wentz over Brock would have been a mistake bro. And you were only anti Brock because it proved you were wrong about Jose which was a cover to the fact that u were wrong about mertens.

bruinbison
10-02-2022, 03:25 PM
YSU game - Cam Miller 13-18 (72%) 145 yards, 0 TD’s, 0 INT’s, 2 sacks

Against Arizona Miller was 10-12, 124 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT’s, 2 sacks

SDbison
10-02-2022, 04:12 PM

Against Arizona Miller was 10-12, 124 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT’s, 2 sacks How many games has Miller carried the team and led a comeback win?

NDSU92
10-02-2022, 04:30 PM
How many games has Miller carried the team and led a comeback win?

How many games have we not needed to come back in because of a highly functioning offense?

Honeybooboo
10-02-2022, 04:40 PM

Against Arizona Miller was 10-12, 124 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT’s, 2 sacks

1 fumble.......

SDbison
10-02-2022, 04:42 PM
How many games have we not needed to come back in because of a highly functioning offense? Highly functioning offense? Lol

NDSU92
10-03-2022, 08:43 PM
Highly functioning offense? Lol

We averaged 34 points per game last year, with our largest margins of victory happening during conference games that Cam was in. He was one of the most (if not literally the most efficient quarterback in the country last year. Look it up. He's not perfect but wow. If we were having to come back all the time you'd be ragging on him for that instead.

Win by too much? Complain
Win by not enough? Complain
Lose? You guessed it

G_Funky
10-03-2022, 09:23 PM
We averaged 34 points per game last year, with our largest margins of victory happening during conference games that Cam was in. He was one of the most (if not literally the most efficient quarterback in the country last year. Look it up. He's not perfect but wow. If we were having to come back all the time you'd be ragging on him for that instead.

Lose? You guessed it

And we're averaging nearly 37 this year. I just do not understand people's blatant disregard for objective data. He protects the ball and is efficient. Im not sure what else you would want from the guy.

SDbison
10-03-2022, 09:29 PM
And we're averaging nearly 37 this year. I just do not understand people's blatant disregard for objective data. He protects the ball and is efficient. Im not sure what else you would want from the guy. lol on the 37. Two of 5 games were against cupcakes.

EC8CH
10-03-2022, 09:36 PM
lol on the 37. Two of 5 games were against cupcakes.

Sometimes you have a point, now is one of those times.

NDSU92
10-03-2022, 09:41 PM
lol on the 37. Two of 5 games were against cupcakes.

And three of the five games we shut it down at halftime...

You're the one complaining that he doesn't have any comebacks (he does) to his name

gavin2126
10-03-2022, 11:09 PM
And three of the five games we shut it down at halftime...

You're the one complaining that he doesn't have any comebacks (he does) to his name

Trey Lance never had any comebacks either, what a pud!

GreenfieldBison
10-04-2022, 12:06 AM
And we're averaging nearly 37 this year. I just do not understand people's blatant disregard for objective data. He protects the ball and is efficient. Im not sure what else you would want from the guy.

You don’t believe people’s disregard for objective data?? I think the evidence of this very common malady is ubiquitous and resplendent of late. Eh?

But, put me down as a member of the “Cam is the man” club

HerdBot
10-04-2022, 12:56 AM

Lose? You guessed it

Cam was very efficient last year and probably saved the season, but it feels like he's not taking his game to the next level. I remember thinking the same thing about Easton his 2nd year starting. It may not be a fair comparison because he really hasn't played that many games

scottietohottie
10-04-2022, 01:15 AM
I'm sure both of these guys will dud out fine in the NFL just like the rest of them eh.

El_Chapo
10-04-2022, 04:01 AM
do you think Cole Payton throws for more than 125 yards per game thru 5 games?

scottietohottie
10-04-2022, 09:36 AM

Not on this team. Not with these receivers eh

tolnabison
10-04-2022, 12:56 PM

Ding ding! Only one WR currently getting consistent separation and that's DJ Hart (wish we would use him more). I really expected more out of Raja Nelson. Sproles might be the most over decorated NDSU player in years.

scottietohottie
10-04-2022, 12:59 PM
Ding ding! Only one WR currently getting consistent separation and that's DJ Hart (wish we would use him more). I really expected more out of Raja Nelson. Sproles might be the most over decorated NDSU player in years.

Lakes won't admit the receivers suck because he might lose 2 or 3 Twitter and tik tok friends eh so he blames Cam and Tyler.

NDSU92
10-04-2022, 01:27 PM
Cam was very efficient last year and probably saved the season, but it feels like he's not taking his game to the next level. I remember thinking the same thing about Easton his 2nd year starting. It may not be a fair comparison because he really hasn't played that many games

Bot, what do you expect him to do? What does “taking his game to the next level” mean.

He doesn’t have the skill position players that SDSU has.

NDSU_grad
10-04-2022, 01:53 PM
This is the correct answer.

El_Chapo
10-04-2022, 01:56 PM
This is the correct answer.

meh Tyler Roehl don't trust

OrygunBison
10-04-2022, 03:25 PM
Not on this team. Not with these running backs eh

FIFY. To me, the reason for less exciting passing stats is right in front of our faces.

ByeSonBusiness
10-04-2022, 04:59 PM
Dropped a dime to Luepke by the end zone. I dont think the issue is Cam's inability to throw the ball down the field.

SiouxHockeyBisonFo
10-04-2022, 05:29 PM
Dropped a dime to Luepke by the end zone. I dont think the issue is Cam's inability to throw the ball down the field.Agreed. He's doing what is asked of him. How can people bitch when he completes 70% of his passes. He's not calling the gd plays. Although not overly exciting, the offense has been efficient and effective.

NDSU92
10-04-2022, 05:35 PM
Agreed. He's doing what is asked of him. How can people bitch when he completes 70% of his passes. He's not calling the gd plays. Although not overly exciting, the offense has been efficient and effective.

I'm pretty sure the reason for the complaining isn't team, player or coach performance. It's the fact that some people just need to complain.

Which is fine for me because I feel the need to argue against bad arguments :)

Jim Puetz
10-04-2022, 08:53 PM
We are 4-1 correct?

mtoutfitter
10-04-2022, 09:27 PM
We are 4-1 correct?

SSSHHHHHHH. Don't use common sense here.

El_Chapo
10-04-2022, 09:48 PM
We are 4-1 correct?

Yea and we are 153-13 we demand perfection since we are fcs

Alsen
10-05-2022, 02:07 AM
I will always lobby for Cole Payton to be the starter; not because Cam isn't a good QB, but for the fact that Cole has the potential to be the best QB who ever put on a Bison uniform.

If the Bison had a more offensive minded coaching staff and an OC that was a pass game expert, sky is the limit. Could happen. Entz wins another championship he probably gets an offer or two.

Cole has an elite group of receivers in the pipeline. WR recruiting has been exceptionally excellent that last couple years. Real talent.

OrygunBison
10-05-2022, 05:21 AM
...but for the fact that Cole has the potential to be the best QB who ever put on a Bison uniform.

Based on WHAT?!?!?!? I have no idea what you guys are basing this on. Cole seems like a decent dude and is certainly athletic but unless somebody has seen him play several actual college games in a parallel universe where he's the starter and has been absolutely crushing it, you are full of shit. There's absolutely nothing - NOT A FUCKING THING - that justifies such hyperbole.

Good lord. WTF?!?

After reading similar hyperbole about Zeb and then Quincy before the on-field product ultimately disappointed. I'm never going to believe you fuckers again.

Jim Puetz
10-05-2022, 11:58 AM
After reading similar hyperbole about Zeb and then Quincy before the on-field product ultimately disappointed. I'm never going to believe you fuckers again.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Jose Mohler as well. Pimped a ton by one of the greatest football minds never who doesn't even have to watch a game to give a hot take on how a former Bison lineman performed in his second game.

mtoutfitter
10-05-2022, 12:36 PM
After reading similar hyperbole about Zeb and then Quincy before the on-field product ultimately disappointed. I'm never going to believe you fuckers again.

Don't forget Jose Mohler as well. Pimped a ton by one of the greatest football minds never who doesn't even have to watch a game to give a hot take on how a former Bison lineman performed in his second game.[/QUOTE]

I really like your new hobby. :)

El_Chapo
10-05-2022, 12:53 PM

Don't forget Jose Mohler as well. Pimped a ton by one of the greatest football minds never who doesn't even have to watch a game to give a hot take on how a former Bison lineman performed in his second game.[/QUOTE]

that was 11 years ago, it was a shtick noob

We can talk offensive strategy on the Roehl thread.

EC8CH
10-05-2022, 01:24 PM
Based on WHAT?!?!?!?
calf circumference

Bisonator98
10-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Based on WHAT?!?!?!? I have no idea what you guys are basing this on. Cole seems like a decent dude and is certainly athletic but unless somebody has seen him play several actual college games in a parallel universe where he's the starter and has been absolutely crushing it, you are full of shit. There's absolutely nothing - NOT A FUCKING THING - that justifies such hyperbole.

Good lord. WTF?!?

This, all of this!:nod:

EC8CH
10-05-2022, 02:13 PM
This, all of this!:nod:

Go back and look. I was concerned over Quincy's thin calves from the jump.

Jim Puetz
10-05-2022, 04:46 PM
Don't forget Jose Mohler as well. Pimped a ton by one of the greatest football minds never who doesn't even have to watch a game to give a hot take on how a former Bison lineman performed in his second game.

that was 11 years ago, it was a shtick noob

We can talk offensive strategy on the Roehl thread.[/QUOTE]

And for 11 years your shtick hasn't changed/improved/gotten more interesting or relevant/etc. Keep up the great work trolling this fan site while every Saturday you cheer for your offensive powerhouse team, Sam Houston State.

Grizzled
10-05-2022, 04:49 PM
I will always lobby for Cole Payton to be the starter; not because Cam isn't a good QB, but for the fact that Cole has the potential to be the best QB who ever put on a Bison uniform.

If the Bison had a more offensive minded coaching staff and an OC that was a pass game expert, sky is the limit. Could happen. Entz wins another championship he probably gets an offer or two.

Cole has an elite group of receivers in the pipeline. WR recruiting has been exceptionally excellent that last couple years. Real talent.

There is plenty of opportunity for a WR to see time this year regardless of age

RonMexico
10-05-2022, 04:57 PM
Cole is such an incredible passer that every time the bring him into the game, all they do it let him run.

BisonNeil
10-08-2022, 08:32 PM
I don’t remember seeing Payton in the tree game today. Did I just miss him?

southcliffbison
10-08-2022, 08:47 PM
no, you did not. what the fuck is up with that? Oh, wait. Don't question coaches' perogative.

El_Chapo
10-08-2022, 08:48 PM
I don’t remember seeing Payton in the tree game today. Did I just miss him?

or last week. they don't want a qb controversy

bisonaudit
10-08-2022, 08:50 PM
or last week. they don't want a qb controversy

Those caves will play at LB.

DAS BISON
10-08-2022, 09:06 PM
Those caves will play at LB.

Those caves (calves) could probably do better than the current LBs!! Where’s fire from any linebacker to step up?

southcliffbison
10-08-2022, 09:17 PM
Those caves (calves) could probably do better than the current LBs!! Where’s fire from any linebacker to step up?

Yup, they are playing a bit tentative........similar to junior high boys at their first formal dance.......don't want to make the first move.

AKBison
10-08-2022, 10:06 PM
Cole is such an incredible passer that every time the bring him into the game, all they do it let him run.

I will wager a night with Lakes Harem that Cole throws a pass next week vs SDSU. In fact I bet he throws more than. one.

SDbison
10-08-2022, 10:20 PM
Those caves (calves) could probably do better than the current LBs!! Where’s fire from any linebacker to step up? We don't have the size or the talent on D line or at LB.

El_Chapo
01-09-2023, 04:39 PM
Its Cole Payton Time. . . Just Announce it now to give Cam Miller a Courtesy heads up so he can transfer to NW Miss State.

we've seen his upside, time to unleash the beast!

TransAmBison
01-09-2023, 05:24 PM
Its Cole Payton Time. . . Just Announce it now to give Cam Miller a Courtesy heads up so he can transfer to NW Miss State.

we've seen his upside, time to unleash the beast! You've already give Payton the kiss of death...don't know why you want to pile on more.

El_Chapo
01-09-2023, 05:25 PM
shit, he hasn't even been unleashed.

EndZoneQB
01-09-2023, 05:27 PM

Honestly, I'm not sold on him as a passer, but since we're not going to do that anyway, it should have been him because he is a better runner than Cam. I like Cam and think we could win with him with the right playcalling, but we clearly are just going to run the QB 30x a game, so might as well put our running QB in.

Bisonator98
01-09-2023, 05:59 PM
Honestly, I'm not sold on him as a passer, but since we're not going to do that anyway, it should have been him because he is a better runner than Cam. I like Cam and think we could win with him with the right playcalling, but we clearly are just going to run the QB 30x a game, so might as well put our running QB in.

Is he though? I haven't really been impressed with his running either. To be fair he hasn't had a lot of chances.

23Bison
01-09-2023, 06:05 PM

Great! Now our play book went from half a page drawn in water colors to the top of a page consisting of a QB sneak drawn in finger paints and glue mixed in a few crusty Cheerios and drool. Can’t wait.

Kevin
01-09-2023, 06:13 PM
Huge fan of Cole but I'm not discarding Cam until we see him with a real OC.