PDA

View Full Version : More Seats taken away from students- available for Season Tix

MankatoBison
04-16-2020, 04:49 PM
https://gobison.com/news/2020/4/16/more-season-tickets-opening-in-2020-for-ndsu-football.aspx

Top 11 rows of the Sideline student sections (13, 14, 15) now available for season tix.

Fine with me. If students leave 1,000 seats open routinely, then take em away

HandoEX
04-16-2020, 04:55 PM
Easy choice by the athletic department and great to have some more people get season tickets now that have wanted them.

Professor Chaos
04-16-2020, 05:04 PM
This has been known since season ticket renewals went out in mid-February. Interesting thing about the timing of this new announcement is I'm pretty sure it indicates that there is no waiting line anymore for season tickets and they actually don't even have enough current requests to fill up those new seats (and the churn from existing seats) with new season ticket holders. Unless I'm mistaken you've been able to apply for new season tickets for some time now so no reason to solicit more requests unless the supply is exceeding demand.

WeAreThePride
04-16-2020, 05:11 PM
Students are bailing early every game anyhow.

Herd Mentality
04-16-2020, 05:21 PM
I think demand has waned considerably. More people concerned about not going to Oregon than not going to home games.

Is it a bit callous of NDSU not to have reached out via email or mail to their season ticket base like any company I have ever done business with has? May not have a season and you may not have a job right now, but make sure to prepay for your tailgate parking by May 15th.

I guess they updated the TeamMaker sticker design for the first time in a decade. One new idea was probably enough.

bajadanny
04-16-2020, 05:59 PM
I think demand has waned considerably. More people concerned about not going to Oregon than not going to home games.

Is it a bit callous of NDSU not to have reached out via email or mail to their season ticket base like any company I have ever done business with has? May not have a season and you may not have a job right now, but make sure to prepay for your tailgate parking by May 15th.

I guess they updated the TeamMaker sticker design for the first time in a decade. One new idea was probably enough.

Yes they may have squeezed a little to hard, I sit in the upper rows been trying for years to get lower season tickets.
Now when you talk to anyone in the ticket office they ask if your interested.
They did back off on the April 1 to may 1 ticket payment and I may ask for another extension

56BISON73
04-16-2020, 07:41 PM
This has been known since season ticket renewals went out in mid-February. Interesting thing about the timing of this new announcement is I'm pretty sure it indicates that there is no waiting line anymore for season tickets and they actually don't even have enough current requests to fill up those new seats (and the churn from existing seats) with new season ticket holders. Unless I'm mistaken you've been able to apply for new season tickets for some time now so no reason to solicit more requests unless the supply is exceeding demand.

Alot of bitching went on about no tickets. When they became available many didnt want to pay the price.

El_Chapo
04-16-2020, 07:51 PM
Insert Bison Fatigue thread here... http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?37725-Bison-Fatigue/page49&highlight=bison+fatigue

Strommer10
04-16-2020, 09:36 PM
It wasn't that long ago that we had a 1,000+ student waitlist for regular season home games and the original 7 full sections filled up with students. I remember having to get your ticket at 8am every Monday morning otherwise you weren't going to that Saturday's game. Extremely disheartening to see how the student body has disappeared.

WeAreThePride
04-16-2020, 09:52 PM
It wasn't that long ago that we had a 1,000+ student waitlist for regular season home games and the original 7 full sections filled up with students. I remember having to get your ticket at 8am every Monday morning otherwise you weren't going to that Saturday's game. Extremely disheartening to see how the student body has disappeared.

If only there were some substance the Fargodome could sell, in order to generate revenue, and attract people in the 21 age demographic.

Professor Chaos
04-16-2020, 10:03 PM
If only there were some substance the Fargodome could sell, in order to generate revenue, and attract people in the 21 age demographic.
Haha, I like the way you think! I've always thought that the whole beer sales in the Fargodome thing was the ace in the hole that NDSU could play when they needed it to fill the seats but for the last few years they've been raking in chips without needing to touch it... now may be the time.

El_Chapo
04-16-2020, 10:03 PM

no doubt. freakin idiotic... especially with this upcoming season and economic climate .. BEER SOLD PERIOD>

Keeps Junior/Senior Students at the games, $100-$200k for NDSU , Keeps People in the dome/adds excitment/noise and Less pounding shots before the games its a Win Win Win Win

Sorry Nona Wood its over, you lose.

56BISON73
04-16-2020, 10:27 PM
no doubt. freakin idiotic... especially with this upcoming season and economic climate .. BEER SOLD PERIOD>

Keeps Junior/Senior Students at the games, $100-$200k for NDSU , Keeps People in the dome/adds excitment/noise and Less pounding shots before the games its a Win Win Win Win

Sorry Nona Wood its over, you lose.

Eight dollar beers isnt going to keep college students in there seats.

WeAreThePride
04-16-2020, 11:02 PM
Eight dollar beers isnt going to keep college students in there seats.

Believe me, a ton of students leave at halftime specifically to go drink more beer. And they happily plunk down 6 bucks a beer at the bar until 1 am. The dome NEEDS to start selling beer if they want to boost attendance.

56BISON73
04-17-2020, 12:46 AM
Believe me, a ton of students leave at halftime specifically to go drink more beer. And they happily plunk down 6 bucks a beer at the bar until 1 am. The dome NEEDS to start selling beer if they want to boost attendance.

Of course they do. But that doesnt mean they will do it at the Dome. I cant imagine a place I wouldnt want to drink at more than the dome. Bar atmosphere is way different. If it wasnt most people would stay at home and drink. I just dont think selling beer is the golden key.

bisonp
04-17-2020, 02:13 PM
I've been saying for two years that demand was shrinking and that we don't need to expand. It was pretty obvious to anybody who saw all the open seats despite technically selling out the season. Beer isn't going to fill all those seats, and they'd probably need to expand the bathrooms first anyway so it's not a shitshow like it is at concerts.

COVID certainly won't help, I have a feeling it's going to be a couple years before people feel comfortable in large crowds again.

MankatoBison
04-17-2020, 02:30 PM

Must spread rep
It is NOT the golden ticket or the difference between 1,000 empty seats and standing room only.

However if it gets 100 people to stay and helps and generate money? this is such an obviously good decision it makes my head spin that anyone is against it

HerdBot
04-17-2020, 02:49 PM
Of course they do. But that doesnt mean they will do it at the Dome. I cant imagine a place I wouldnt want to drink at more than the dome. Bar atmosphere is way different. If it wasnt most people would stay at home and drink. I just dont think selling beer is the golden key.

I don't think it's the golden key either but it would be a good thing. Maybe some revenue, but most people, including myself, go into the dome already having drank a few too many and are consuming water instead. Students probably won't be able to drink in the student section anyways so all that means is the 21+ students will be standing in the concourse pounding $8 beers. But nothing will happen until the remodel the concourse and expand them

MankatoBison
04-17-2020, 02:58 PM

Welp, pack it up guys. 56 says HE wouldnt want to drink at the dome, so that means no one should be able to decide for themselves whether or not THEY would like to drink at the dome. 56 Knows that virtually NO ONE likes drinking at football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or soccer games across the globe. If you think that someone MIGHT want to drink at a sporting eventH Ha... well, hate to say it, but you are an idiot and should be ridiculed to the full extent of Bisonville harassing"

Seriously 56 did you just suggest that people GENERALLY dont like drinking at sporting events because you wouldnt want to?

MankatoBison
04-17-2020, 03:05 PM
Welp, pack it up guys. 56 says HE wouldnt want to drink at the dome, so that means no one should be able to decide for themselves whether or not THEY would like to drink at the dome. 56 Knows that virtually NO ONE likes drinking at football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or soccer games across the globe. If you think that someone MIGHT want to drink at a sporting eventH Ha... well, hate to say it, but you are an idiot and should be ridiculed to the full extent of Bisonville harassing"

Seriously 56 did you just suggest that people GENERALLY dont like drinking at sporting events because you wouldnt want to?

Imagine taking suggestions from this guy.
"Hey 56, what kinds of things should be on the menu?"
"Cheeseburger and fries".
"Good call, lets get chicken fingers on the menu too"
"No. I wouldnt order chicken fingers personally so take them off the menu"
"But alot of people have been asking me to add chicke-"
"I SAID NO! I cant imagine an item I wouldn't like to order more than chicken fingers"

WeAreThePride
04-17-2020, 03:31 PM
Besides the increased revenue, we should be focusing on improving the experience for fans. Let's face it, North Dakotans like to drink beer. A lot. I bet you could average selling 30,000 beers per game at a MINIMUM. At 8 bucks, that's an additional quarter million in revenue 10 games a year. Plus increased fan retention, and perhaps even increased demand for tickets.

And for drawbacks? Maybe a few isolated rowdy fan incidents. But at 8 bucks a beer, and with long lines, it'll be hard to get too drunk over the course of a game. There's more than enough security in the Dome to handle any drunk idiots.

Or maybe our administration knows exactly what it's doing, and the vast majority of other sports venues in the US have it wrong.

stevdock
04-17-2020, 05:54 PM
How much money did NDSU make by selling at basketball games? And please don't say apples to oranges because I'd really be interested in knowing.

Also how much money does NDSU make on selling concessions at football games?

El_Chapo
04-17-2020, 06:55 PM
How much money did NDSU make by selling at basketball games? And please don't say apples to oranges because I'd really be interested in knowing.

The Basketball thing with beer was a limited joke (i think ndsu wanted it that way so they can say "see, we told you it wont generate big revenue so we won't do it with football)

sit way up top & drink a beer, couldn't even take it down to seats or order it from a vendor walking up or down.

56BISON73
04-17-2020, 08:26 PM

Seriously do you have reading comprehension issues?

southcliffbison
04-17-2020, 10:54 PM
Put me in the beer column for no other reason then I don't have to smuggle booze into the FFD. Damn, that gets uncomfortable. Fortunately, I sit beside very cool folks.

WeAreThePride
04-17-2020, 10:58 PM
Put me in the beer column for no other reason then I don't have to smuggle booze into the FFD. Damn, that gets uncomfortable. Fortunately, I sit beside very cool folks.

Another good point. With no beer sales, people are more inclined to smuggle in liquor, more booze per volume, which is more likely to lead to excess drinking and puking.

It's difficult to get drunk on beer in 3 hours. Certainly not impossible, but it takes a lot more effort.

southcliffbison
04-17-2020, 11:05 PM
Another good point. With no beer sales, people are more inclined to smuggle in liquor, more booze per volume, which is more likely to lead to excess drinking and puking.

It's difficult to get drunk on beer in 3 hours. Certainly not impossible, but it takes a lot more effort.

Yes, it is difficult, but it can be done...…….it takes a yeoman effort, tho.

56BISON73
04-17-2020, 11:18 PM

Houston I think weve found the problem.

56BISON73
04-17-2020, 11:21 PM

While drinking more during the game will effect the game day experience for others. Constant runs for beer then the pisser. Drunks becoming drunker.
People smuggling in booze is pretty small.

StL Bison Fan
04-18-2020, 12:20 AM

I would like to know if they thought it was successful. We sometimes enjoyed a beer or wine before the game. If there were more room we might have taken it to our seat. But basketball is really a whole different crowd than football.
I dont believe I would buy beer at the dome. I drink at tailgate and I am busy yelling at the game

Bison 4 Life
04-18-2020, 07:51 PM
Even if there was beer at the dome, no way they'd let it go into the student section. Too hard to police buying beer for underage kids.

MankatoBison
04-20-2020, 03:33 PM
Seriously do you have reading comprehension issues?

Vintage 56 response. Instead of addressing what specifically is wrong with the comment, just insult the writer, and ignore the question entirely. CLASSIC 56.

heffray
04-20-2020, 04:15 PM
I don't have a dog in this fight, I don't really care that much because it's not going to affect how I do my gameday experience, but I honestly don't see a downside to allowing beer sales in the dome. Seems like an easy revenue stream to me.

Bison Dan
04-20-2020, 04:23 PM
I don't have a dog in this fight, I don't really care that much because it's not going to affect how I do my gameday experience, but I honestly don't see a downside to allowing beer sales in the dome. Seems like an easy revenue stream to me.

Ever been to a concert at the dome? The stairs by the end of the concert is running with beer.

heffray
04-20-2020, 04:24 PM
Ever been to a concert at the dome? The stairs by the end of the concert is running with beer.

Well, that puts a new spin on "revenue stream"...

ByeSonBusiness
04-20-2020, 04:28 PM

Idk. I love beer about as much as life itself and at concerts/games selling beer in the past, i usually have one or two.

Makes a bit of a mess I'm sure but the Fargodome gets disgusting every Saturday anyway

El_Chapo
04-20-2020, 04:30 PM

concerts are in the dark, easier for morons to spill or dump out or kick over beers.
NDSU football in light of day

roadwarrior
04-20-2020, 05:15 PM

Simple solution to cut down on the spillage. Sell the 16oz cans. That's what the other Missouri Valley schools do that sell beer. Not only that, but selling them is quicker than filling plastic cups.

El_Chapo
04-20-2020, 05:20 PM
simple solution to cut down on the spillage. Sell the 16oz cans. That's what the other missouri valley schools do that sell beer. Not only that, but selling them is quicker than filling plastic cups.

bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WeAreThePride
04-20-2020, 06:11 PM
bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought you were against small time thinking.

23 oz cans or bust.

ByeSonBusiness
04-20-2020, 06:14 PM
I thought you were against small time thinking.

23 oz cans or bust.

24 oz cans can be purchased at Yankee Stadium. Ndsu football is way more bigtime than NY Yankees!

Hammerhead
04-20-2020, 06:55 PM
Twickenham Stadium in London let you buy six beers at a time when the Vikings played there in 2017. They even gave you a cup holder to carry them back to your seat.

southcliffbison
04-20-2020, 11:13 PM
Twickenham Stadium in London let you buy six beers at a time when the Vikings played there in 2017. They even gave you a cup holder to carry them back to your seat.

Why, that's was very cricket of them...…..

PAC Bison
04-25-2020, 02:33 AM

Couple of things that could be counted as a downside. The food and beverage vendors are staffed by groups using it as a fundraiser. Mostly high school kids. Kids can't sell alcohol so there might not be as many opportunities for local youth to raise money. Might not be an issue for you, but others may have kids or grand kids that would be affected.

As it is, if you drink too much prior to the game, you have 4 quarters of football to sober up prior to getting in your vehicle to go home. Less chance of getting a DUI, or worse, getting in an accident and killing someone. Won't be an issue if you have a DD.

I'm not saying these outweigh the benefits - just something else to think about.

56BISON73
04-25-2020, 03:38 AM
Couple of things that could be counted as a downside. The food and beverage vendors are staffed by groups using it as a fundraiser. Mostly high school kids. Kids can't sell alcohol so there might not be as many opportunities for local youth to raise money. Might not be an issue for you, but others may have kids or grand kids that would be affected.

As it is, if you drink too much prior to the game, you have 4 quarters of football to sober up prior to getting in your vehicle to go home. Less chance of getting a DUI, or worse, getting in an accident and killing someone. Won't be an issue if you have a DD.

I'm not saying these outweigh the benefits - just something else to think about.

More people obstructing the view of others while they make beer and piss runs. Not to mention getting more alcohol in their system after drinking all day at tailgate.

heffray
04-25-2020, 01:59 PM

Yeah, these are good points. Clearly I haven't thought about it much... or my thought process so far has been something like:

"Beer? Sure, Why not!"

southcliffbison
04-25-2020, 03:59 PM
I don't know what all the angst is about. Not everyone at the game is going to guzzle beer. There will be plenty of fans in attendance buying hotdogs, hamburgers, popcorn, pretzels, dippin' dots, etc. Highly doubt Fargo Youth Hockey funding will be impacted by beer sales.

NDSU1980
04-25-2020, 11:55 PM
I don't know what all the angst is about. Not everyone at the game is going to guzzle beer. There will be plenty of fans in attendance buying hotdogs, hamburgers, popcorn, pretzels, dippin' dots, etc. Highly doubt Fargo Youth Hockey funding will be impacted by beer sales.

Besides, when I drink beer I've gotta have food to go with it. Sales would increase with people like me.

MankatoBison
04-28-2020, 03:27 PM
More people obstructing the view of others while they make beer and piss runs. Not to mention getting more alcohol in their system after drinking all day at tailgate.

Why stop there?! Lets close down the concessions completely, then almost NO ONE would obstruct my view and would minimize piss breaks! Good thinking 56

WeAreThePride
04-28-2020, 04:58 PM
Why stop there?! Lets close down the concessions completely, then almost NO ONE would obstruct my view and would minimize piss breaks! Good thinking 56

I think it's pretty clear we need to stash a bedpan under every seat in the Dome.

Bison Loaf
04-28-2020, 05:54 PM
I think it's pretty clear we need to stash a bedpan under every seat in the Dome.

JFC, the people these days! :facepalm: In the good old days of Bison football, we used to piss in our snowmobile suits like real men. Then, without so much as missing a beat or another running play (Goddammit, Entz, run the fricken' ball!) we would down ANOTHER bottle of schnapps and throw it at the three blurry press boxes we saw, aiming for the one in the middle.

Good times.

heffray
04-28-2020, 06:11 PM
JFC, the people these days! :facepalm: In the good old days of Bison football, we used to piss in our snowmobile suits like real men. Then, without so much as missing a beat or another running play (Goddammit, Entz, run the fricken' ball!) we would down ANOTHER bottle of schnapps and throw it at the three blurry press boxes we saw, aiming for the one in the middle.

Good times.

So, it’s your fault there’s no alcohol in the dome?

Mr Meaty
04-28-2020, 08:27 PM

They are called stadium buddies, google it. They work.....A friend told me.

Hammerhead
04-28-2020, 08:38 PM

When the dome first opened, I volunteered at a concession booth and our non-profit we made much more money when we could sell beer.

WeAreThePride
04-28-2020, 09:01 PM

A 15 hour day of drinking leaves a man with needs that can't be solved by a stadium pal. Hence the bedpan.

Twincitybizon
04-28-2020, 10:45 PM
Half the stadiums gotta be using catheters anyway.....

MankatoBison
04-29-2020, 04:47 PM
Half the stadiums gotta be using catheters anyway.....

bahaha that one made me lol

Professor Chaos
04-29-2020, 06:24 PM
In related news (to the thread title that is) I got an email from NDSU today saying that the previous limit of 12 season tickets per account has been waived. More evidence that the demand for season tickets has dried up.

scottietohottie
04-29-2020, 06:57 PM
In related news (to the thread title that is) I got an email from NDSU today saying that the previous limit of 12 season tickets per account has been waived. More evidence that the demand for season tickets has dried up.

Dang it. That's going to push me back on the list.

southcliffbison
04-29-2020, 07:16 PM
Dang it. That's going to push me back on the list.

I think your fear is unfounded. If demand is so damn low, why would anyone who owns season tickets buy an additional 10, 12, 20, 30 or more? Unless they think there's a possibility to make money off them on the secondary market. Good luck with that. They'll be lucky to break even. Hopefully, those folks get stuck with them and use them for a paper enema.

El_Chapo
04-29-2020, 07:35 PM
can't wait to see Scheels Sanford, buying up 1000's of tickets

southcliffbison
04-29-2020, 11:14 PM
can't wait to see Scheels Sanford, buying up 1000's of tickets

And what the hell are they going to do with them? Give them all away? That would really piss the scalpers off, wouldn't it?

CyPanth
05-02-2020, 02:59 AM

That's the sort of creative problem-solving that I come to this site to read. And only on this site might it be a real consideration.

CyPanth
05-02-2020, 03:00 AM

There you go. I knew it wasn't just a joke on this site!

KC Bison
05-05-2020, 07:20 PM
This was about seats for students. My question is are they still contributing zero student activity funds to the athletic program? If so, not sure how many seats they really deserve for the games.

roadwarrior
05-05-2020, 09:07 PM
This was about seats for students. My question is are they still contributing zero student activity funds to the athletic program? If so, not sure how many seats they really deserve for the games.

I don't think the students have ever contributed zero to the athletic program (at least the past 50 years). Where did you get that idea?

BisBison
05-05-2020, 09:20 PM

What an uninformed take. The student government contributes to the athletic department every year. They make the decision and the $$$$ come from a portion of the student fees. Where did you get your information?

Professor Chaos
05-05-2020, 09:31 PM
NDSU's student body does contribute a good chunk of change to the athletic department ($1.5M in 2018) but they do get a pretty good "deal" with what they get out of it compared to most students whose schools are at the FCS and G5 levels.

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

As you can see some schools *cough*JMU!*cough* fund a big part of their athletic budget using student fees while only about 5% of NDSU Athletics' revenue comes from student fees.

El_Chapo
05-05-2020, 09:50 PM
NDSU need to raise MORE student fees for athletics. our athletics give those kids more clout with their diploma, might even raise an eyebrow of an exec in an interview if they are a football fan.

they pay peanuts here at NDSU

BisBison
05-05-2020, 09:55 PM
NDSU need to raise MORE student fees for athletics. our athletics give those kids more clout with their diploma, might even raise an eyebrow of an exec in an interview if they are a football fan.

Agreed Chapo they are getting one hell of a deal, but to KC's point they are not paying zero.

stevdock
05-05-2020, 11:21 PM

Wait you are saying that because I graduated in 2000 my degree from NDSU is worth more today than it was then because of the football team??

And no I don't think they need to raise any more fees towards students. They are already paying more for 1 year than I did for 4 or 5 years when I was at NDSU.

Professor Chaos
05-06-2020, 02:19 AM
It's not football but it's just as visible nationally and an eye opener for me: Kansas lowering basketball season ticket prices (https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/29138928/kansas-lowering-basketball-season-ticket-prices)

This was done in response to the COVID pandemic. Kansas has sold out 306 consecutive games... if they're lowering ticket prices for a commodity as in-demand as KU basketball I'd have to imagine this is something we're going to see across much of college sports since many schools were already seeing attendance declines. Does NDSU football and/or basketball follow suit?

Bisonator98
05-06-2020, 08:09 PM
It's not football but it's just as visible nationally and an eye opener for me: Kansas lowering basketball season ticket prices (https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/29138928/kansas-lowering-basketball-season-ticket-prices)

This was done in response to the COVID pandemic. Kansas has sold out 306 consecutive games... if they're lowering ticket prices for a commodity as in-demand as KU basketball I'd have to imagine this is something we're going to see across much of college sports since many schools were already seeing attendance declines. Does NDSU football and/or basketball follow suit?

This has to be a reaction from feedback they've received IMO. Not sure that's required at this point at NDSU but if they are not selling out then they need to lower prices until demand is exceeded again. It's pretty simple supply and demand economics.

heffray
05-06-2020, 08:11 PM
This has to be a reaction from feedback they've received IMO. Not sure that's required at this point at NDSU but if they are not selling out then they need to lower prices until demand is exceeded again. It's pretty simple supply and demand economics.

Agree with this take. I think it will depend a lot on what the whole situation looks like when tix go on sale.

ByeSonBusiness
05-06-2020, 08:37 PM

I can't imagine raising student fees on athletics is going to go over too well during a time when student interest in athletics is as low as it has been since....the move to D1 probably?

Jacking up the price on a commodity the students aren't even taking advantage of probably wouldn't be very good optics.

I would think if they were gonna do a noticeable jump in fees, they should have done it when the student body was plump full at football games.

Bisonator98
05-07-2020, 02:38 PM

Lol one of your dumber posts and that's saying a lot.........

How about we start a fee for jock sniffers and social media trolls like you instead? Has a better chance of happening anyway.

KC Bison
05-10-2020, 08:52 PM
I'm so sorry I dared asked the question BUT 15,000 student (I realize less than that right now) raising $1,5 million is $100 for all sports per year. This is not a huge amount per student considering all the athletics perks that go with being a student.

roadwarrior
05-10-2020, 09:21 PM
I'm so sorry I dared asked the question BUT 15,000 student (I realize less than that right now) raising $1,5 million is $100 for all sports per year. This is not a huge amount per student considering all the athletics perks that go with being a student.

There is zero chance the student fee will be raised. They looked at this not long ago.

SDbison
05-11-2020, 10:41 PM
There is zero chance the student fee will be raised. They looked at this not long ago. Just over rule the students......how is it they can have all the say. Too bad. Costs money to be DI. If they want small time go attend one of the smaller ND colleges. Crap NDSU has one of the lowest student fees in the US. $100 per year for all the club's and sports is dirt cheap. Maybe if they paid more they would see the need to attend and get their money's worth.

WeAreThePride
05-11-2020, 10:46 PM
Just over rule the students......how is it they can have all the say. Too bad. Costs money to be DI. If they want small time go attend one of the smaller ND colleges. Crap NDSU has one of the lowest student fees in the US. $100 per year for all the club's and sports is dirt cheap. Maybe if they paid more they would see the need to attend and get their money's worth.

This argument is boring.

SDbison
05-11-2020, 10:57 PM
This argument is boring. I would expect that from an idiot like you!

AKBison
05-11-2020, 11:12 PM
I hear you but on the flip side it is impressive that we are buukding a culture where alumni foot the bill rather than students. BTW, it is the only sustainable model for the future especially with falling enrollment. Look at WIU and SIU whoseenrollments have fallen by half. SIU in particular has crazy high athletics fees and our screwed...

El_Chapo
05-11-2020, 11:55 PM
Just over rule the students......how is it they can have all the say. Too bad. Costs money to be DI. If they want small time go attend one of the smaller ND colleges. Crap NDSU has one of the lowest student fees in the US. $100 per year for all the club's and sports is dirt cheap. Maybe if they paid more they would see the need to attend and get their money's worth.

its amazing how cheap our students are over this... they spent more at chubs/sports bar in 2 months than they do student fees and when they are paying $20k a year, they can surely raise it $100/year and help their college.

ByeSonBusiness
05-12-2020, 12:08 AM
its amazing how cheap our students are over this... they spent more at chubs/sports bar in 2 months than they do student fees and when they are paying $20k a year, they can surely raise it $100/year and help their college.

Believe it or not, the majority of kids at the school do not care about athletics at all.

89MTBISON
05-12-2020, 12:13 AM
Believe it or not, the majority of kids at the school do not care about athletics at all.

#Peakfootball. Get used to the new normal Bison fans.

roadwarrior
05-12-2020, 12:31 AM

I laughed when I realized these sentences came from you.

heffray
05-12-2020, 12:34 AM

Careful disparaging Chubs, one of their reps lurks here...

NDSU92
05-12-2020, 01:19 AM

And most students don’t use the movie theater, bowling alley, rec center, pool...

I know everyone loves blowing up Chapo about everything but I agree with him. More visible sports programs absolutely helps out graduates, at least in my case it did. I meet with colleagues and clients all the time that ask about my NDSU polo and ring, comment about being a great program, how cool was it to go to school with Wentz, etc. Damn near everyone immediately after comments about how that’s all they know about ND but it’s something awesome to be known for.

El_Chapo
05-12-2020, 03:15 AM
And most students don’t use the movie theater, bowling alley, rec center, pool...

I know everyone loves blowing up Chapo about everything but I agree with him. More visible sports programs absolutely helps out graduates, at least in my case it did. I meet with colleagues and clients all the time that ask about my NDSU polo and ring, comment about being a great program, how cool was it to go to school with Wentz, etc. Damn near everyone immediately after comments about how that’s all they know about ND but it’s something awesome to be known for.

thank you.

and yes Road. you're welcome

bisonaudit
05-12-2020, 05:07 AM
None of the money that goes to the athletic department from student fees goes to club sports.

Students get a say because it’s there money, they decide where it gets spent, whether that’s club hockey, the athletic department, an art gallery, student newspaper, radio, or the astronomy club.

ByeSonBusiness
05-12-2020, 06:10 AM

I live in Manhattan. I wear NDSU stuff about once a week. I have gotten a few comments. I don't know that the football program has helped me in any meaningful way. I was at school when Wentz was as well.

Philly folks I run into geek out a bit over the Wentz stuff. But if you were asking me if I'd be cool with telling kids in school now, "hey the football team has done well, their success may potentially help you in the future, therefore you must pay more in fees" I'm not cool with that.

If the kids arent even filling the seats, then why the hell would you increase student funding of the athletics department?

Christopher Moen
05-12-2020, 09:32 AM

If the students are cheap, what do you consider yourself? Once again, Sammy is ripping on NDSU and proving you're not a fan, much like you never played baseball for the Bison.

NDSU92
05-12-2020, 12:39 PM
I live in Manhattan. I wear NDSU stuff about once a week. I have gotten a few comments. I don't know that the football program has helped me in any meaningful way. I was at school when Wentz was as well.

Philly folks I run into geek out a bit over the Wentz stuff. But if you were asking me if I'd be cool with telling kids in school now, "hey the football team has done well, their success may potentially help you in the future, therefore you must pay more in fees" I'm not cool with that.

If the kids arent even filling the seats, then why the hell would you increase student funding of the athletics department?

No doubt, it may be different living in Texas because this place is college football heaven so it may not be the same experience for all. The point I’m trying to make is that a successful athletic department is incredibly helpful for a school like NDSU. It makes a city like Fargo a college town, gives people and donors $$$ school pride. There are literally hundreds if not thousands of little programs that student fees help fund and myself as a student probably didn’t use more than 5 of them. I still see the benefits of funding those other programs to help the brand of the university.

Look at it this way, UNDs student fees are like triple NDSU’s when it comes to sports. Most would say UNDs athletic department is not superior to NDSUs. There is justification for raising the student fees which haven’t hardly been risen at all especially in comparison to similar institutions.

Think about what an extra 1.5 million per year would do for our basketball program ($100 increase)

Bisonator98
05-12-2020, 12:50 PM
JFC enrollments are down across the country and some of you want to increase student fees for athletics? IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN!!!

Maybe all you people talking about increasing student fees should start upping your donations!

NDSU92
05-12-2020, 01:20 PM
JFC enrollments are down across the country and some of you want to increase student fees for athletics? IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN!!!

Maybe all you people talking about increasing student fees should start upping your donations!

$100 is basically a rounding error on one semester’s book fees. Sometimes it’s less than the cost of a book for one class. Raising student fees by $100 would have little to no tangible impact on enrollment. If a student were to leave school to go somewhere else, or choose to go somewhere else, they would find themselves enrolling in a school that likely has much higher student fees.

SDbison
05-12-2020, 02:59 PM
$100 is basically a rounding error on one semester’s book fees. Sometimes it’s less than the cost of a book for one class. Raising student fees by $100 would have little to no tangible impact on enrollment. If a student were to leave school to go somewhere else, or choose to go somewhere else, they would find themselves enrolling in a school that likely has much higher student fees. Thanks for speaking truth rather than the typical woe is the spoiled average student at NDSU crap. They are in more debt after attending college, not just due to higher tuition costs, but due to their spending habits. Seems many young kids these days like to pass the buck to others regarding their own needs and entertainment. With age and adulthood comes personal responsibility.

BattleBorn
05-12-2020, 03:10 PM
I was told I got a job interview in part because of NDSU's football success. Is that silly? Yes. Did it benefit me? Also yes. That said, I love the idea of reducing fees for students if feasible. If an opportunity presents itself to move to a conference that would require more fees and would come with academic benefits as well, then that makes things different in my eyes.

SDbison
05-12-2020, 03:13 PM

Maybe all you people talking about increasing student fees should start upping your donations! You must be one of those tax the rich people. How about people pay for what they get and use. $100 a year........wow, less than 50 cents per day to go to games, have access to 100 plus University clubs, etc. Time to make it at least $1.00 a day.

SDbison
05-12-2020, 03:15 PM
I was told I got a job interview in part because of NDSU's football success. Is that silly? Yes. Did it benefit me? Also yes. That said, I love the idea of reducing fees for students if feasible. If an opportunity presents itself to move to a conference that would require more fees and would come with academic benefits as well, then that makes things different in my eyes. Reduce fees? WTF?

Rock
05-12-2020, 03:20 PM
Careful disparaging Chubs, one of their reps lurks here...

To be clear- i have no affiliation with Chub’s other than a couple sweatshirts and a lot of memories. I miss it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abc123
05-12-2020, 03:20 PM
Thanks for speaking truth rather than the typical woe is the spoiled average student at NDSU crap. They are in more debt after attending college, not just due to higher tuition costs, but due to their spending habits. Seems many young kids these days like to pass the buck to others regarding their own needs and entertainment. With age and adulthood comes personal responsibility.

The irony of that comment, while demanding that someone else increases how much they are required to spend on something for your entertainment, is pretty special.

Bisonator98
05-12-2020, 04:01 PM
You must be one of those tax the rich people. How about people pay for what they get and use. $100 a year........wow, less than 50 cents per day to go to games, have access to 100 plus University clubs, etc. Time to make it at least $1.00 a day.

Lol you don't know shit. I'm definitely not the tax the rich people person. I'm for the pay if you use it or want it type person. The students have shown clearly that they do not want athletics and will not support them. Your piss and moan attitude isn't going to sway them either. How about you donate more?

ByeSonBusiness
05-12-2020, 04:14 PM
You must be one of those tax the rich people. How about people pay for what they get and use. $100 a year........wow, less than 50 cents per day to go to games, have access to 100 plus University clubs, etc. Time to make it at least $1.00 a day.

Increase the prices on products and services that arent being used?

NDSU92
05-12-2020, 04:20 PM
“I don’t use the roads on the other side of town, better stop building ‘em”

Lmao

SDbison
05-12-2020, 05:01 PM
The irony of that comment, while demanding that someone else increases how much they are required to spend on something for your entertainment, is pretty special. I already pay a lot to travel 250 miles to attend all home games and a few away games each year. I also give to NDSU, Teammakers and special funds like the new practice facility. I paid for nearly all of the cost of my engineering degree from NDSU and my stepdaughter went to NDSU. How rich of you to even try to critique my support for NDSU.

SDbison
05-12-2020, 05:04 PM
Increase the prices on products and services that arent being used? Its one of those group things so all clubs / sports get equal support. Grow up and use your brain for once.

SDbison
05-12-2020, 05:06 PM
“I don’t use the roads on the other side of town, better stop building ‘em”

Lmao Same goes for you.....Its one of those group things so all clubs / sports get equal support. Grow up and use your brain for once.

NDSU92
05-12-2020, 05:07 PM
Same goes for you.....Its one of those group things so all clubs / sports get equal support. Grow up and use your brain for once.

Was being sarcastic, too lazy to use purple. We are in agreement

SDbison
05-12-2020, 05:09 PM
Lol you don't know shit. I'm definitely not the tax the rich people person. I'm for the pay if you use it or want it type person. The students have shown clearly that they do not want athletics and will not support them. Your piss and moan attitude isn't going to sway them either. How about you donate more? Typical loser attitude. Things cost more over time. Again, just feeling entitled doesn't mean you don't have be responsible for the good of all.

SDbison
05-12-2020, 05:10 PM
Was being sarcastic, too lazy to use purple. We are in agreement Thanks, I thought maybe you were doing that just as I sent the message. Lol

abc123
05-12-2020, 05:32 PM
I already pay a lot to travel 250 miles to attend all home games and a few away games each year. I also give to NDSU, Teammakers and special funds like the new practice facility. I paid for nearly all of the cost of my engineering degree from NDSU and my stepdaughter went to NDSU. How rich of you to even try to critique my support for NDSU.

So you've paid what you think is your "fair share" and now everyone else needs to do what you think is their part so you can be entertained. But those are the entitled people who need to learn personal responsibility?

NDSU92
05-12-2020, 05:43 PM
So you've paid what you think is your "fair share" and now everyone else needs to do what you think is their part so you can be entertained. But those are the entitled people who need to learn personal responsibility?

Are you a UND fan?

SDbison
05-12-2020, 06:23 PM
Are you a UND fan? Yes, he is a UND fan who needs to go back to the Sioux Suck board and cry some more with other fans more like him.

EagleBison
05-12-2020, 08:01 PM
Besides the increased revenue, we should be focusing on improving the experience for fans. Let's face it, North Dakotans like to drink beer. A lot. I bet you could average selling 30,000 beers per game at a MINIMUM. At 8 bucks, that's an additional quarter million in revenue 10 games a year. Plus increased fan retention, and perhaps even increased demand for tickets.

And for drawbacks? Maybe a few isolated rowdy fan incidents. But at 8 bucks a beer, and with long lines, it'll be hard to get too drunk over the course of a game. There's more than enough security in the Dome to handle any drunk idiots.

Or maybe our administration knows exactly what it's doing, and the vast majority of other sports venues in the US have it wrong.

$10 bucks a beer would raise more money. At the Metrodome, there were some really drunk people, spilling beer on old ladies, kids etc. With the new stadium, people appear to be more careful with their beer and less drunk.

bisonaudit
05-12-2020, 11:31 PM

The students already are paying full price for their football seats.

SDbison
05-12-2020, 11:36 PM
The students already are paying full price for their football seats. Bull crap.

ByeSonBusiness
05-13-2020, 01:47 AM
Bull crap.

I don't understand the animosity towards the student body here.

Christopher Moen
05-13-2020, 07:10 AM
1 of my buds sent me this. I played, it was a redshirt year cuz I hurt my arm. so if you think redshirts don't count sweating and practicing and helping the team then suck fat cock

No, this never happened. If it did, you (Sam Humann) would have been listed as part of the roster for that year. Something you can easily prove by contacting NDSU's Sport Information Department.

Never trust a man-child felon, let alone one who throws his family under the bus.

scottietohottie
05-13-2020, 11:14 AM
No, this never happened. If it did, you (Sam Humann) would have been listed as part of the roster for that year. Something you can easily prove by contacting NDSU's Sport Information Department.

Never trust a man-child felon, let alone one who throws his family under the bus.

I played intramural sports and showed some college athletes how to drink when I was at ndsu. I sweat a little bit too. Was getting my ask kicked by a wrestler in basketball because he was taller then me so afterwards we decided to go in the wrestling room and since he already kicked my ass in basketball I said the heck with it I've got nothing to lose so I took a shot. Caught him off guard took him down and for an instant felt pretty good. Pissed him off and got my ass kicked after that. Also went to Rochester with the center fielder and took batting practice with him and his dad over at Rochester mayo. Oh yeah and then third semester I got the syllabus for phy ed and only showed up for flag football days. Totally dominated. Student teacher was so impressed she said i should show up every day! Oh yes and I also fired a pea from my spoon in the dining haul and managed to hit Bob babich with it. If i hadn't done these things I'm convinced ndsu wouldn't be where they are today. Oh yeah and Justin Fletschock is my cousin. No way ndsu could do it without me. I should get 100 points.

scottietohottie
05-13-2020, 11:22 AM
And I only went to ndsu for the free front row seat tickets and the football team wasn't even that good! But they were supposed to be! Damn how the times have changed.

Christopher Moen
05-13-2020, 04:14 PM
I played intramural sports and showed some college athletes how to drink when I was at ndsu. I sweat a little bit too. Was getting my ask kicked by a wrestler in basketball because he was taller then me so afterwards we decided to go in the wrestling room and since he already kicked my ass in basketball I said the heck with it I've got nothing to lose so I took a shot. Caught him off guard took him down and for an instant felt pretty good. Pissed him off and got my ass kicked after that. Also went to Rochester with the center fielder and took batting practice with him and his dad over at Rochester mayo. Oh yeah and then third semester I got the syllabus for phy ed and only showed up for flag football days. Totally dominated. Student teacher was so impressed she said i should show up every day! Oh yes and I also fired a pea from my spoon in the dining haul and managed to hit Bob babich with it. If i hadn't done these things I'm convinced ndsu wouldn't be where they are today. Oh yeah and Justin Fletschock is my cousin. No way ndsu could do it without me. I should get 100 points.

Does your cousin remember Sammy? BTW, nice hit with the pea, but you should have tried something bigger and more solid. Maybe it would have put some sense into the knucklehead.

And I only went to ndsu for the free front row seat tickets and the football team wasn't even that good! But they were supposed to be! Damn how the times have changed.

It sucked badly back then. How the heck could they let a team name Sue beat them?

El_Chapo
05-13-2020, 06:53 PM
Chris Moen's for his man ,
talk about psycho, goto prairie and seek help
maybe you and bison 4 life can get a 2 for 1

Fletch remembers me, as does wade whitworth, mike gunderson, kelly lancastor wayne gripentrog geezuz just stfu already . pretty sure unbison already had couple player debunk this already

no 1 here even likes you dude. run off and play with your hulk hogan doll

mtoutfitter
05-13-2020, 07:18 PM

Fletch remembers me, as does wade whitworth, mike gunderson, kelly lancastor wayne gripentrog geezuz just stfu already . pretty sure unbison already had couple player debunk this already

He has no choice as you're always hoarding the T Lance and P Sproles dolls.

Christopher Moen
05-13-2020, 09:50 PM

Prove it that you were on the NDSU Baseball Team. If you were, your name would be in one of the numerous media guides they had that year.

In regards to needing “help,” remind me who is the felon and also throws his family under the bus.

ByeSonBusiness
05-13-2020, 11:53 PM
Prove it that you were on the NDSU Baseball Team. If you were, your name would be in one of the numerous media guides they had that year.

In regards to needing “help,” remind me who is the felon and also throws his family under the bus.

This is tired and boring. I dont know if he was on the baseball team or not. Who gives a shit though?

heffray
05-14-2020, 12:35 AM
This is tired and boring. I dont know if he was on the baseball team or not. Who gives a shit though?

I also give absolutely zero fucks.

Christopher Moen
05-14-2020, 02:16 AM

I’ll stop when he stops ripping on every aspect of the university. He continues to whines about the staff, the facilities, the athletes, the recruits, the athletes we don’t have, and now, he whines the students aren’t paying enough, despite their costs being ten times more than what he (his parents) would have paid.

He’s not a fan, just another anti-NDSU troll posing as a Bison fan. He does it with his numerous social media accounts to go along with how he tries to represent our fan base as idiots when trolling every other fan site of teams that play NDSU in football.

No fan of NDSU, or any athletic team, acts this way.

Christopher Moen
05-14-2020, 06:23 PM
Grown ups don't either, yet here you are...

And where are you Darrell? You lost any credibility on this forum, along with your fellow F'Hawker fan, JBB, last year when you wanted to claim that body language doesn't exist.

I will come after trolls who attack the institution I care about.

abc123
05-14-2020, 06:52 PM
And where are you Darrell? You lost any credibility on this forum, along with your fellow F'Hawker fan, JBB, last year when you wanted to claim that body language doesn't exist.

I will come after trolls who attack the institution I care about.

LOL. No one said body language didn't exist but not like you to argue the actual point, instead needing to frame it as something else.

I, along with many others, said that you were full of it when you made it clear that you were a self-proclaimed expert in body language, above and beyond what us mere mortals could comprehend, despite trends and results poking holes in what you claim you actually saw. Then somehow after you expert diagnose of the Twins' body language, something magically changed literally the day after your bold proclamation. No clue on what or how but whatever you thought you saw changed, but you had clearly been right (as you always are). As I've stated before, self-awareness is not your strong suit. Nor is your attempt at insults, but I digress.

Christopher Moen
05-14-2020, 07:03 PM
LOL. No one said body language didn't exist but not like you to argue the actual point, instead needing to frame it as something else.

I, along with many others, said that you were full of it when you made it clear that you were a self-proclaimed expert in body language, above and beyond what us mere mortals could comprehend, despite trends and results poking holes in what you claim you actually saw. Then somehow after you expert diagnose of the Twins' body language, something magically changed literally the day after your bold proclamation. No clue on what or how but whatever you thought you saw changed, but you had clearly been right (as you always are). As I've stated before, self-awareness is not your strong suit. Nor is your attempt at insults, but I digress.

There was no "magic;" they simply started playing better soon after I made my statement. During their slump, I stated their body language looked bad - something most people can recognize. When the got out of their slump, their moxie was back. It's pretty simple stuff, but you an and your fellow F'Hawker fan, JBB, (there was wasn't "many") just kept digging yourselves a whole. Then again, being that you guys cheer on a team of losers and Nazi-sympathizers, maybe you don't know what a confident-looking team looks like to begin with, and hence, why you guys think your team has a "chance" to beat the Bison in football.

abc123
05-14-2020, 08:04 PM
There was no "magic;" they simply started playing better soon after I made my statement. During their slump, I stated their body language looked bad - something most people can recognize. When the got out of their slump, their moxie was back. It's pretty simple stuff, but you an and your fellow F'Hawker fan, JBB, (there was wasn't "many") just kept digging yourselves a whole. Then again, being that you guys cheer on a team of losers and Nazi-sympathizers, maybe you don't know what a confident-looking team looks like to begin with, and hence, why you guys think your team has a "chance" to beat the Bison in football.

Just a reminder, these are your posts the day before they went on a 27-13 run. Pretty impressive by a team that was broken and didn't have moxie, must have just needed the keen observation from an body language expert.

You continue on with your cruasade being the hero no one knew they needed, I'll let you get the last word in and continue your obsession with random internet people.

For the past few months, the fire and desire of the team has been seriously lacking and turning into fear, hence why I said the moxie has disappeared. Gotta play loose as a goose and mean as a moose.

You might not know, but I do. Just need to understand body language. No moxie the past few months, but a whole lot of "oh crap" looks, especially on the faces of the pitchers.

Christopher Moen
05-14-2020, 11:00 PM
Just a reminder, these are your posts the day before they went on a 27-13 run. Pretty impressive by a team that was broken and didn't have moxie, must have just needed the keen observation from an body language expert.

You continue on with your cruasade being the hero no one knew they needed, I'll let you get the last word in and continue your obsession with random internet people.

Where in those quotes (which you keep taking out of context) am I claiming to be the Twins' hero? Before they went on that 27-13 run, remind me what their record was and how were they playing as team during the time-frame I was referring to? It was crap and crap. Nothing magically happened. They finally got it together until the playoffs (and the Yankees), especially the pitching, which, of course, you forgot to include this post:

Broadcast talking about about how the bullpen has turned things around since August 16th and how it correlated to the team taking charge of the division.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190928/3f40906d3432524795ec164682d22231.jpg

So do you now believe Bremer and Co. are also incorrect? Nothing but more B.S. from a "self-aware" F'Hawker who hides behind anonymity because in reality, your too F'Hawking scared to put your name to your trolling statements.

AKBison
05-16-2020, 05:30 PM

I don't know about other industries but I guarantee you in the Ag sector that having a national known football team has paid major dividends for job seekers throughout the Midwest. No longer are degrees from NDSU and SDSU lumped together by those hiring with UM, Iowa State, K-State, and Oklahoma State degrees. The Purdue guys still have their heads up their ass though...

MankatoBison
05-18-2020, 02:14 PM
This thread is a complete shit show at this point. I came here to see if there were any updates on the situation, instead I see a dick measuring contest of who hated lakes first, and who hates him most. And something about the Twins bullpen or some shit? lol get a grip guys.

Christopher Moen
05-18-2020, 05:42 PM
quit punching down man

https://i.giphy.com/media/oxFDq4E9CHb7W/giphy.webp

56BISON73
05-18-2020, 06:15 PM
This thread is a complete shit show at this point. I came here to see if there were any updates on the situation, instead I see a dick measuring contest of who hated lakes first, and who hates him most. And something about the Twins bullpen or some shit? lol get a grip guys.

https://i.imgur.com/yNWZr6X.jpg

BattleBorn
05-20-2020, 03:42 PM
Should this thread be moved & renamed to, "The Official Shit On Lakes No Matter What He Does Thread?"

heffray
05-20-2020, 08:06 PM
Should this thread be moved & renamed to, "The Official Shit On Lakes No Matter What He Does Thread?"

Not a bad idea. Probably will be a pretty low traffic thread, tho...

KC Bison
05-25-2020, 05:17 PM
There is zero chance the student fee will be raised. They looked at this not long ago.

I guess my point is, if $100 is enough for students, then expect to lose more and more seats in football.

ByeSonBusiness
05-25-2020, 05:26 PM
I guess my point is, if $100 is enough for students, then expect to lose more and more seats in football.

Gotta be careful taking too many. Those are the people you want donations from in the future.

Hammersmith
05-25-2020, 08:51 PM
Gotta be careful taking too many. Those are the people you want donations from in the future.

That leads you to UND hockey. Alumni are more likely to care about the entire university and not just the sport they like to follow. If you take too many seats away from students, or you can't keep current students interested in sports while they're in school, then your fanbase shifts more and more to non-alumni over time. And that's UND hockey, where a huge chunk of the fanbase is willing to throw the entire university under the bus over a nickname because the hockey team is literally the only thing they care about. Would hate to see NDSU football go the same way(it's already getting uncomfortably close).

SDbison
05-25-2020, 09:51 PM
Gotta be careful taking too many. Those are the people you want donations from in the future. Oh yes of course, because these same students who don't want to pay for anything are going to someday be donors......lmfao!. Maybe NDSU should just stop making the students pay an activity fee, or better yet pay the students for coming to the games?
Kids these days have such screwed up values and priorities. I can see it now, what did you do during college dad.....well son, we sat around and played a lot of video games and if we were really bored we went to the first 10 minutes of the football game. Crap, our Bison football team was so good they won most every game, and it would have been more interesting if we lost several times a year!

Christopher Moen
05-26-2020, 02:53 AM
Oh yes of course, because these same students who don't want to pay for anything are going to someday be donors......lmfao!. Maybe NDSU should just stop making the students pay an activity fee, or better yet pay the students for coming to the games?
Kids these days have such screwed up values and priorities. I can see it now, what did you do during college dad.....well son, we sat around and played a lot of video games and if we were really bored we went to the first 10 minutes of the football game. Crap, our Bison football team was so good they won most every game, and it would have been more interesting if we lost several times a year!

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/0f/df/38/0fdf38fa51c65a19b0d8512289026ac6.jpg

SDbison
05-26-2020, 03:25 AM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/0f/df/38/0fdf38fa51c65a19b0d8512289026ac6.jpg If speaking the truth makes me a grumpy old man then so be it!

EC8CH
05-26-2020, 03:28 AM
If speaking the truth makes me a grumpy old man then so be it!

It totally does. Don't ever change. Yag Bombs!!!!!!!

56BISON73
05-26-2020, 03:29 AM

What do you think the odds are that a NDSU student who didnt go to the football games would be a donor to the football program later on in life?

EC8CH
05-26-2020, 03:35 AM
What do you think the odds are that a NDSU student who didnt go to the football games would be a donor to the football program later on in life?

13.4%

10char

Christopher Moen
05-26-2020, 03:35 AM
If speaking the truth makes me a grumpy old man then so be it!

I don't thing you would be able to handle the truth if compared your generation's struggles to the struggles of younger generations.

ByeSonBusiness
05-27-2020, 01:04 AM

The issue I'm anticipating has little to do with the current crop of students.

Say in 5-10 years there is demand for 5-6K student seats like it was when I was in school and only 2500(just picking a number here) can go. That's over 1K fewer students every week in the some becoming more invested in the program/ university.

NDSU1980
05-30-2020, 03:21 AM
Deadline has been extended until July 1 for those that want single game tickets through Teammakers. It's official, I got the email.

southcliffbison
05-30-2020, 05:39 AM
Deadline has been extended until July 1 for those that want single game tickets through Teammakers. It's official, I got the email.

I wonder how the 600 extra season tickets sales are going.....