PDA

View Full Version : Generations of Victory (NDSU Football Documentary)

Professor Chaos
03-03-2020, 11:29 PM
https://gobison.com/news/2020/3/3/ndsu-football-documentary-generations-of-victory-coming-to-television.aspx

Airing Saturday 3/21 on Fox Sports North at roughly 3PM (or whenever the Twins game ends that preempts it). It'll re-air on KXJB in Fargo and West Dakota FOX at 4PM on Monday 3/23.

From the article:

The show will revisit the decades of dominance by North Dakota State's football program, which has won 16 national championships since 1965 including an undefeated 2019 season and current 37-game winning streak.

Interviews with current and former NDSU student-athletes, coaches and administrators describe the historic Bison run of eight FCS national championships in nine seasons along with a look at what's ahead after a 16-0 season.

The documentary was produced by Adrenaline Sports Marketing in collaboration with NDSU Athletics.

It's not a 30 for 30 but still should be a pretty cool production for any Bison football junkie.

23Bison
03-03-2020, 11:31 PM
Of course it will be on a channel I don’t get. Fn Dish network.

HerdBot
03-04-2020, 06:59 PM
https://gobison.com/news/2020/3/3/ndsu-football-documentary-generations-of-victory-coming-to-television.aspx

Airing Saturday 3/21 on Fox Sports North at roughly 3PM (or whenever the Twins game ends that preempts it). It'll re-air on KXJB in Fargo and West Dakota FOX at 4PM on Monday 3/23.

From the article:

It's not a 30 for 30 but still should be a pretty cool production for any Bison football junkie.

And it airs in our main recruiting area. According to Wiki it is Minnesota, western Wisconsin, northern Iowa, upper Michigan along the eastern parts of North Dakota and South Dakota. The outstate feed is also available on DirecTV. But it's also with virtually every cable company outside of Dish.

marenlee
03-04-2020, 09:58 PM
Hoping for streaming options after it hits the airwaves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoCalBison
03-06-2020, 02:41 AM
Hoping for streaming options after it hits the airwaves.

This. 10 char....

bri-dog
03-19-2020, 03:01 PM
Remember to set your DVRs for Saturday at 3:00 CDT.

Does anyone know how these regional networks work on DTV? I have the Sports Pack, and it looks like I can watch most things -- just not Twins games, etc, since I'm out-of-market. Tried it just now and I could watch the soccer on there (if I wanted to watch soccer). I have my DVR set, and I'm hoping it works...

GreenfieldBison
03-19-2020, 11:38 PM
Remember to set your DVRs for Saturday at 3:00 CDT.

Does anyone know how these regional networks work on DTV? I have the Sports Pack, and it looks like I can watch most things -- just not Twins games, etc, since I'm out-of-market. Tried it just now and I could watch the soccer on there (if I wanted to watch soccer). I have my DVR set, and I'm hoping it works...

Thanks for this reminder.

I’m in Minneapolis. I can’t watch any Twins games either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Facts
03-19-2020, 11:42 PM
Anyone know when they’ll do the season recap video? Maybe this year another dvd? Or a YouTube version like last year?

BISONBRI53
03-20-2020, 04:39 PM
Is this on direct? And if so what channel?

bri-dog
03-20-2020, 04:55 PM
Is this on direct? And if so what channel?

Yes, channel 668. I believe you need the Sports Pack...

bri-dog
03-20-2020, 05:42 PM
Teaser that was on a while ago...

https://vimeo.com/399229707

https://vimeo.com/399229707

bri-dog
03-20-2020, 05:48 PM
This was on twitter.

https://twitter.com/NDSUfootball/status/1241046846195347457

SDbison
03-20-2020, 06:19 PM
Anyone know when they’ll do the season recap video? Maybe this year another dvd? Or a YouTube version like last year? I sent an e-mail to the Insiders show today asking about how those in Bison Nation who do not get Fox Sports North can view Generations of Victory, and if it would be available to purchase or view on a website after tomorrow's showing. I got busy with something else and just caught the end of their response as they were talking about end of season videos. Jeff said something about Jeremy just told us how to view Generations of Victory after Saturday. This was at about 12:27 PM so maybe discussed about 1:25 into the show. Now waiting for them to put the March 20 show on the list of recordings.

NDSU92
03-20-2020, 06:23 PM
I sent an e-mail to the Insiders show today asking about how those in Bison Nation who do not get Fox Sports North can view Generations of Victory, and if it would be available to purchase or view on a website after tomorrow's showing. I got busy with something else and just caught the end of their response as they were talking about end of season videos. Jeff said something about Jeremy just told us how to view Generations of Victory after Saturday. This was at about 12:27 PM so maybe discussed about 1:25 into the show. Now waiting for them to put the March 20 show on the list of recordings.

Thanks for doing that!

SDbison
03-20-2020, 09:17 PM
I sent an e-mail to the Insiders show today asking about how those in Bison Nation who do not get Fox Sports North can view Generations of Victory, and if it would be available to purchase or view on a website after tomorrow's showing. I got busy with something else and just caught the end of their response as they were talking about end of season videos. Jeff said something about Jeremy just told us how to view Generations of Victory after Saturday. This was at about 12:27 PM so maybe discussed about 1:25 into the show. Now waiting for them to put the March 20 show on the list of recordings. I did go back and listen to today's Insiders show. Beginning about 1:24:20 into the show my e-mail was discussed and Jeremy mentioned that following the Saturday 3:00 PM Generations of Victory on FSN it would be shown on KXJB in North Dakota at 4:00 PM CDT? on Monday. He did say there would be On Demand opportunities for people outside the area, timing not sure, on GoBison website.

HerdBot
03-21-2020, 12:01 AM
This was on twitter.

https://twitter.com/NDSUfootball/status/1241046846195347457

Love it!!!

HerdBot
03-21-2020, 06:55 PM
Looks like it will air multiple times starting today. This is from my You Tube TV account

Bison03
03-21-2020, 09:02 PM
Wow!! Just wow! Out of all the championship films that have come out, that one was by far the best. Linking the past to the present to the future. Amazing. Seeing old clips for the 60s to today, hearing Scottie Miller, gave me chills multiple times. This should be sent to every recruit. How could you not want to play for this program! Bison Pride!

bison22
03-21-2020, 09:03 PM
That was awesome!!!

Bison"FANatic"
03-21-2020, 09:05 PM
For the love of all that is Holy is it FOOTBALL season yet!!!!!!!!!!!

Bison03
03-21-2020, 09:07 PM
https://youtu.be/rADnCkApU3Y

HerdBot
03-21-2020, 09:07 PM
That was big time. Big time production, content, and just the overall product!

In case you missed it

March 21 - Fox Sports North - 3-4 pm
March 21 - Fox Sports North - 10-11 pm
March 22 - Fox Sports North 3-4 pm
March 23 - KX4 CBS - 4-5 pm
March 24 - Fox Sports North - 10-11 pm
March 25 - Fox Sports North - 2-3 AM
March 28 - Fox Sports North -9-10 pm
March 29 - Fox Sports North - 2-3 am

FSN North is on Fubo TV and YouTube TV.

bri-dog
03-21-2020, 09:10 PM
Haven’t seen it yet (I’m hopefully recording it), but it’s gotta be good. I made an appearance[emoji3]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200321/c20c2e720a52ca1c279f2fc7ee50af7c.jpg

Thomas96
03-21-2020, 09:15 PM
2019 highlight film. Would have liked to see more historic footage.

PattyBison
03-21-2020, 09:26 PM
It is available on gobison.com right now.

Bison03
03-21-2020, 09:42 PM
2019 highlight film. Would have liked to see more historic footage.
Unfortunately, its a combination of not a lot of old footage, and that footage is low quality. Thought they did a good job of recognizing the past.

Thomas96
03-21-2020, 10:02 PM
Unfortunately, its a combination of not a lot of old footage, and that footage is low quality. Thought they did a good job of recognizing the past.
Then retitle it. 2019 highlights.

El_Chapo
03-21-2020, 10:28 PM
Man. wish they spent the whole hour on the PROGRAM... no offense 2019 class. but the first 20 minutes I had multiple goosebumps. that's my only beef w this.

thanks for letting coach Bohl in on this.

ps. it still bugs me that jimmy slide after the INTERCEPTION.. how epic that wouldve looked running through fans to a TD at the end.

CaBisonFan
03-21-2020, 11:30 PM
Unfortunately, its a combination of not a lot of old footage, and that footage is low quality. Thought they did a good job of recognizing the past.They used a few of my old highlight videos from youtube. That would explain the lower quality. Example... Augustana Storm game.

DCinOK
03-22-2020, 01:43 AM
The funniest part is seeing Carson celebrating our first Frisco win among the other redshirts in the stands. He looks like Opie Taylor.

SafeTeeJ
03-22-2020, 02:34 AM
Then retitle it. 2019 highlights.

Longer interview with Sambo was needed.

Otherwise it was OK.

SoCalBison
03-22-2020, 02:39 AM
Enjoyed it, don't want to nit-pick. Overall, a good show.

Christopher Moen
03-22-2020, 03:17 AM
Haven’t seen it yet (I’m hopefully recording it), but it’s gotta be good. I made an appearance[emoji3]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200321/c20c2e720a52ca1c279f2fc7ee50af7c.jpg

Somehow my mug showed up again around 49:50 of the video (
https://youtu.be/rADnCkApU3Y?t=2990). Sure was glad I drove my own vehicle, and therefore, had a ton of extra layers of Winter clothes I keep in case of an emergency. Sure was cold that morning.

BisonJump
03-22-2020, 04:27 AM
I’d give it a 4 out of 10. It seemed like it was created by college students who didn’t really understand the history but knew they had to include it somehow. And all of the video tricks came across as being very amateurish. They detracted from the scene.

Gully
03-22-2020, 12:33 PM
I watched it this morning. It was a nice break from watching for COVID-19 stat updates and overeating. I thought it was pretty good.

My favorite post season video is still the first one, but some of that is probably just because it was so new and so damn exciting at the time.

BisonNeil
03-22-2020, 04:15 PM
Man. wish they spent the whole hour on the PROGRAM... no offense 2019 class. but the first 20 minutes I had multiple goosebumps. that's my only beef w this.

ps. it still bugs me that jimmy slide after the INTERCEPTION.. how epic that wouldve looked running through fans to a TD at the end.

And after listening to DiNucci's bullshit during the press conference, so do I. Rub that little f__kers face in it.

ndsubison1
03-22-2020, 04:28 PM

Yeah how dare he slide to guarantee victory

Mr Meaty
03-22-2020, 05:22 PM
Wow!! Just wow! Out of all the championship films that have come out, that one was by far the best. Linking the past to the present to the future. Amazing. Seeing old clips for the 60s to today, hearing Scottie Miller, gave me chills multiple times. This should be sent to every recruit. How could you not want to play for this program! Bison Pride!

The one announcer after this year title game hit it right on the head. They have won 8 titles with 3 different head coaches and 4 Qb's. This is bigger than anyone coach or player, it is a program they have built. That pretty much sums it up.

EC8CH
03-22-2020, 06:16 PM
And after listening to DiNucci's bullshit during the press conference, so do I. Rub that little f__kers face in it.

Jimmy football didn't slide...

He just slipped on DiNucci's tears.

El_Chapo
03-22-2020, 09:20 PM
Yeah how dare he slide to guarantee victory

it already was guaranteed, there was 4 seconds left ... even if he ran 20 more yards than slide after it hit 0:00 it wouldve looked so much better and America would've been talking about that walk off INT with 10,000 fans rushing the field immediately

cbline
03-22-2020, 09:23 PM
it already was guaranteed, there was 4 seconds left ... even if he ran 20 more yards than slide after it hit 0:00 it wouldve looked so much better and America would've been talking about that walk off INT with 10,000 fans rushing the field immediately

How about this for an alternate ending? Cut across the field on the INT return and slide in front of the JMU bench.

KSBisonFan
03-22-2020, 09:50 PM
Brock's tearing up while talking about Kramer is powerful. The magnitude of the EWU loss and how it shaped the program going forward is massive. I thought including Bohl was also nice. I liked it and thought they did a really nice job.

TAILG8R
03-22-2020, 09:54 PM
We are spoiled. Spoiled to have witnessed and to continue witnessing this program do what it is doing. Spoiled that we have a program culture and fan culture that cares enough to want this story to be told. And ultimately spoiled to have this kind of publicity broadcast on regional cable, national sports packages and the internet.

All but a few of the biggest schools in the country would kill for this kind of coverage.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Christopher Moen
03-22-2020, 11:17 PM
We are spoiled. Spoiled to have witnessed and to continue witnessing this program do what it is doing. Spoiled that we have a program culture and fan culture that cares enough to want this story to be told. And ultimately spoiled to have this kind of publicity broadcast on regional cable, national sports packages and the internet.

All but a few of the biggest schools in the country would kill for this kind of coverage.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what the complete coverage area that Fox Sport North covers, but with today's current issue and high school football players looking for something to watch, this could end up being a huge recruiting tool. It also helps that it is also on YouTube. Just showing the lineage of QBs from the past decade is going to help the program.

Hammerhead
03-23-2020, 12:00 AM
According to Wikipedia, FSN is carried across the Dakotas, Minnesota, and some of their programming is also carried in Wisconsin and the U.P. of Michigan. In other words -- prime Bison recruiting areas.

I also would have liked to see more of the past teams in a show with "Generations" in the title. That being said, every other FCS team (and most FBS teams) would love to have something like this produced about their program.

HerdBot
03-23-2020, 02:07 AM

Improving history
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F3T_mOCuRB0

Heck how about he runs it back for a TD. Explosions go off. All the beautiful women tear off their tops and rush the field naked, including the JMU cheerleaders who give lap dances in front of the JMU bench. Meanwhile a plane carrying money has a malfunction and millions of dollars of cash rain down on the field. The beer vendors are so excited they rush the field and give free beer to everyone.

bri-dog
03-23-2020, 02:59 AM
As far as I know (which, admittedly, isn't much), FSN is nationwide. Except for certain things, like the Twins games, etc. I recorded it just fine here in Colorado (that's with the Sports Pack on Direct). I'm pretty sure it's just certain events that are blacked out...

mtoutfitter
03-23-2020, 03:12 AM
As far as I know (which, admittedly, isn't much), FSN is nationwide. Except for certain things, like the Twins games, etc. I recorded it just fine here in Colorado (that's with the Sports Pack on Direct). I'm pretty sure it's just certain events that are blacked out...

Yep....got it out here in Montana as well.

80ALUM
03-23-2020, 05:04 AM
According to Wikipedia, FSN is carried across the Dakotas, Minnesota, and some of their programming is also carried in Wisconsin and the U.P. of Michigan. In other words -- prime Bison recruiting areas.

I also would have liked to see more of the past teams in a show with "Generations" in the title. That being said, every other FCS team (and most FBS teams) would love to have something like this produced about their program.

Wish there had been some mention of Steve Nelson.

80ALUM
03-23-2020, 05:06 AM

No access to it here in AZ except for you tube.

scottietohottie
03-23-2020, 12:31 PM
Hmmmn. I wonder what the N behind fox sports stands for? I bet 80alum probably gets fox sports s. I do believe the direct TV sports pack carried all the fox sports channels. Probably how some watched.

MankatoBison
03-23-2020, 01:20 PM

I would have basically died and gone to heaven immediately. The schadenfreude would have reached levels that previously would have been hitherto undreamed of. (Avengers quote for you, there)

Bisonator98
03-23-2020, 01:35 PM
Improving history
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F3T_mOCuRB0

Heck how about he runs it back for a TD. Explosions go off. All the beautiful women tear off their tops and rush the field naked, including the JMU cheerleaders who give lap dances in front of the JMU bench. Meanwhile a plane carrying money has a malfunction and millions of dollars of cash rain down on the field. The beer vendors are so excited they rush the field and give free beer to everyone.

Oh come on man let's be realistic here, the JMU cheerleaders would be doing more then lap dances.....:D

CaBisonFan
03-23-2020, 10:08 PM

I also would have liked to see more of the past teams in a show with "Generations" in the title. That being said, every other FCS team (and most FBS teams) would love to have something like this produced about their program.That's my only real criticism of the show...would like to have seen more about the older teams. Could have easily been a two hour show.

tony
03-23-2020, 10:26 PM
That's my only real criticism of the show...would like to have seen more about the older teams. Could have easily been a two hour show.

I think that one problem is that there just isn't that much footage of those old games, and what remains is not very good quality. Heck, the media guide used to list every game NDSU played on TV, and it didn't even fill up a whole page.

El_Chapo
03-23-2020, 11:49 PM
I would have basically died and gone to heaven immediately. The schadenfreude would have reached levels that previously would have been hitherto undreamed of. (Avengers quote for you, there)

absolutely. it wouldve been splashed on every sports twitter feed and tv replay, would've went viral dammit Jimmy Football!! :)

Burrows
04-01-2020, 08:32 PM
I'm not sure what the complete coverage area that Fox Sport North covers, but with today's current issue and high school football players looking for something to watch, this could end up being a huge recruiting tool. It also helps that it is also on YouTube. Just showing the lineage of QBs from the past decade is going to help the program.

Watched on YouTube, though it was okay.