PDA

View Full Version : Jabril Poll

23Bison
03-03-2020, 01:34 PM
Which school do you think Jabril will end up at?

scottietohottie
03-03-2020, 01:36 PM
Keep trying. You'll get there. Hit the poll button.

23Bison
03-03-2020, 01:37 PM
Keep trying. You'll get there. Hit the poll button.

You just never mind. I had one too many submit thread buttons.

Bison 4 Life
03-03-2020, 01:53 PM
Pee in the butt needs to be an option for any viable poll.

tony
03-03-2020, 01:57 PM
I hope that every play he makes, the announcers say "Jabril Cox, The North Dakota State transfer" kind of like they do in FCS broadcasts with FBS transfers.

23Bison
03-03-2020, 02:10 PM
I hope that every play he makes, the announcers say "Jabril Cox, The North Dakota State transfer" kind of like they do in FCS broadcasts with FBS transfers.
Same thing when he's at the combine next year and along with any game he is making an impact in. "What a hit by Jabril Cox the Grad transfer from North Dakota State" or "Jabril Cox with the interception. What a play by number (42). You know Kirk he played at North Dakota State and won 3 consecutive FCS Nation Titles."

Hammerhead
03-03-2020, 02:24 PM
Bo (Pelini) knows Jabril and is probably lobbying to get Jabril to Baton Rouge.

gizmo
03-03-2020, 02:25 PM
Perhaps the only P5 coach who would have enough knowledge of FCS players and respect for Cox’s talent to go after him would have the initials CK. LSU? No way. Regardless of Cox’s talent, he will never be viewed as a 4-5 star recruit in the eyes of the elite programs.

gumby013
03-03-2020, 02:29 PM
North Dakota State University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences

gotts
03-03-2020, 02:34 PM
Perhaps the only P5 coach who would have enough knowledge of FCS players and respect for Cox’s talent to go after him would have the initials CK. LSU? No way. Regardless of Cox’s talent, he will never be viewed as a 4-5 star recruit in the eyes of the elite programs.

This is a bad take.

Bison"FANatic"
03-03-2020, 02:37 PM

Pelini has seen him play and Bo knows football.

GreenfieldBison
03-03-2020, 02:42 PM
This is a bad take.

Right? He does not need any flipping stars. He has lots of game tape and Championship Rings. Programs don't have to project what he might do - they can see it on tape.

El_Chapo
03-03-2020, 02:46 PM
Same thing when he's at the combine next year and along with any game he is making an impact in. "What a hit by Jabril Cox the Grad transfer from North Dakota State" or "Jabril Cox with the interception. What a play by number (42). You know Kirk he played at North Dakota State and won 3 consecutive FCS Nation Titles."

NOPE it'll be Jabril Cox LSU (NDSU won't be mentioned... that's another thing these schools are getting.... taking our marketing and exposure)

IBleedYellow
03-03-2020, 02:47 PM

Ed Orgeron is following Jabril on Twitter, with other LSU coaches.

So I'm going to go with....you're wrong.

gotts
03-03-2020, 02:50 PM

I quoted this over from the Jabril recruiting thread (from last night, so I'm sure the list has only grown):

I just looked at Jabril’s twitter followers. I think he has someone from basically every FBS school on there between position coaches and recruiting coordinators. This a rough list of teams I saw coaches/recruiters for before I got bored and stopped looking.

Michigan state
Michigan
Alabama
LSU
Texas
Virginia
Florida
Florida State
Washington
Minnesota
Iowa State
Washington State
Tennessee
Texas Tech
Baylor
Kansas
Syracuse
SMU
Toledo
LA Tech
Liberty
Florida Atlantic
East Carolina
Northwestern
Eastern Michigan
Ball State
Kent State
Georgia Tech
Nebraska
Mississippi State
Cal
Utah
UNC
Illinois

(This doesn’t include Iowa and KState where we have known coaching ties)

Interesting to note that both Bama and LSU have multiple coaches following Jabril including Ed Ogeron.

ThunderDan
03-03-2020, 03:18 PM

I bet LSU would take him in a second.

ByeSonBusiness
03-03-2020, 03:26 PM
I bet LSU would take him in a second.

Alabama took a MAC dude a couple years back. Notre Dame took a dude from Navy. Appears P5's appreciate good football players.

Would be cool to see him do well at LSU or some other high profile place.

Vet70
03-03-2020, 03:31 PM
No "Who Cares" choice on the Poll?

23Bison
03-03-2020, 03:34 PM
No "Who Cares" choice on the Poll?

That's a negative ghost rider. Too much negativity on this board as it is.

Vet70
03-03-2020, 03:38 PM
That's a negative ghost rider. Too much negativity on this board as it is.

I don't believe or feel it is negative, I just don't care where he winds up.

Bison 4 Life
03-03-2020, 04:00 PM

Bo Pelini gushed over Jabril in every post game press conference against NDSU. He is absolutely going to go after him.

Bisonator98
03-03-2020, 04:13 PM
I don't really care but for his sake he better pick a place in need of a starting LB. Would be a waste transferring to another school and then not even playing much.

blackdiamond2
03-03-2020, 05:08 PM
I voted for Clemson (other). They seem to have an opening at safety/LB combo with Isaiah Simmons going pro. (Simmons happens to be from Olathe, KS - Kansas city area - Jabril must know him).

We have a connection with Clemson as Klieman gave a speech there a few years ago.

southcliffbison
03-03-2020, 05:22 PM

Ditto, Vet

southcliffbison
03-03-2020, 05:28 PM
I don't really care but for his sake he better pick a place in need of a starting LB. Would be a waste transferring to another school and then not even playing much.

Exactly what I hope happens.

Hammerhead
03-03-2020, 05:53 PM

Double ditto. I hope he does well, but I'm not watching Team X on Saturday night just because Jabril is on that team -- just like I don't follow the Eagles because Carson plays for them.

aces1180
03-03-2020, 06:08 PM
I wish there is an option listed as “IDGAF”.

Like others who have left early (Carey Woods, Holden Hodgekiss, Derek McGinnis, etc.) I won’t seek out any information about him. I’m sure all hear about it, but that’s as far as I will go.

Vet70
03-03-2020, 06:11 PM
I wish there is an option listed as “IDGAF”.

Like others who have left early (Carey Woods, Holden Hodgekiss, Derek McGinnis, etc.) I won’t seek out any information about him. I’m sure all hear about it, but that’s as far as I will go.

May I count "IDGAF" as triple ditto?

tolnabison
03-03-2020, 06:34 PM

He is betting on himself. It is a business decision. He is going to a P5 school to compete for a LB spot. These other schools have money into other LBs.

I think this shows the type of athletes NDSU recruits. He is special, the game is easy for him. He feels that he needs to play at a higher level to prove that he can.

HerdistheWord
03-03-2020, 07:38 PM
He is betting on himself. It is a business decision. He is going to a P5 school to compete for a LB spot. These other schools have money into other LBs.

I think this shows the type of athletes NDSU recruits. He is special, the game is easy for him. He feels that he needs to play at a higher level to prove that he can.

This feels like this is something that he wants to prove to himself more than a slight to NDSU. It definitely hurts not having him around as it was fun to brag about the defensive freak that could’ve started for any P5 school, but he graduated and fulfilled his commitment. The only thing that kind of bothers me here is that he announced he was returning and then pulled a 180. I know he was probably still making up his mind, but that just plays with the emotions a bit.

Ultimately, it is his gamble and his decision. I’ll still root for him and watch him play in the FBS. Once a Bison, Always a Bison cuts both ways IMO. We shouldn’t abandon our own just because we disagree with a decision they make AFTER graduation.

El_Chapo
03-03-2020, 07:41 PM
This feels like this is something that he wants to prove to himself more than a slight to NDSU. It definitely hurts not having him around as it was fun to brag about the defensive freak that could’ve started for any P5 school, but he graduated and fulfilled his commitment. The only thing that kind of bothers me here is that he announced he was returning and then pulled a 180. I know he was probably still making up his mind, but that just plays with the emotions a bit.

Ultimately, it is his gamble and his decision. I’ll still root for him and watch him play in the FBS. Once a Bison, Always a Bison cuts both ways IMO. We shouldn’t abandon our own just because we disagree with a decision they make AFTER graduation.

it was too easy at NDSU basically, we dominate the fcs and these games. you can look back on the tape and see Jabril literally bored on some plays and wasn't as agggressive in the past.

Mr Pep Band
03-03-2020, 07:44 PM
it was too easy at NDSU basically, we dominate the fcs and these games. you can look back on the tape and see Jabril literally bored on some plays and wasn't as agggressive in the past.

Load Management? /purple

Uncommon.Name
03-03-2020, 07:58 PM

I agree that this is a personal decision to prove himself and increase his abilities and draft stock. It's sad to see how many people are bashing him thinking he made this decision with any sort of malice toward NDSU. Grad transfers are part of the game and there are many reason's kids decide to do it.

ndsubison1
03-03-2020, 08:59 PM

What did you think he was going to say after Beth stuck a mic in his face, literally right after winning the title.

HerdistheWord
03-03-2020, 09:36 PM
What did you think he was going to say after Beth stuck a mic in his face, literally right after winning the title.

Maybe say he’s undecided. He could’ve planned to comeback at that time and then changed his mind. I’m just saying it sucks more for us as fans.

tony
03-03-2020, 09:49 PM
I want him to go to 'Bama.

steelbison
03-04-2020, 12:21 AM
Double ditto. I hope he does well, but I'm not watching Team X on Saturday night just because Jabril is on that team -- just like I don't follow the Eagles because Carson plays for them.

Guess I’m the opposite. I never miss a Wentz game and will watch/record every game Cox plays in.

Both guys are not only great football players but better human beings. Both have/win always represent NDSU in a positive way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IzzyFlexion
03-04-2020, 12:25 AM
Load Management? /purple

I have that flick on VHS in a box in my garage labeled: "Toxic Medical Waste: Do not Touch"

GreenfieldBison
03-04-2020, 12:27 AM
I have that flick on VHS in a box in my garage labeled: "Toxic Medical Waste: Do not Touch"

Who are the stars?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jay
03-04-2020, 12:27 AM
An obvious possibility that isn’t listed here is Oklahoma. They recently hired a new LB coach.

IzzyFlexion
03-04-2020, 12:35 AM
Who are the stars?

Jack Kanoff and Lotta Beavers.

GreenfieldBison
03-04-2020, 12:44 AM
Jack Kanoff and Lotta Beavers.

Ahhh yes, it’s coming back to me now. If I recall he was hailed for his dramatic frequency and she for her thespian lubricity. A closet classic. I don’t recall if there were any notable supporting cast but it seems unimportant in any case.

NDSUSR
03-04-2020, 01:22 AM
I want him to go to 'Bama.
Alabamas DC just followed Cox on twitter. It means little, but is interesting.

El_Chapo
03-04-2020, 04:11 AM

with the LSU rumor floating Alabama will step up their recruiting Jabril.

Jamar Cain Oklahoma LB coach "did Jamar recruit Jabril?"

ndsubison1
03-04-2020, 04:55 PM

Cox playing opposite of Dylan Moses. Cripes.

El_Chapo
03-04-2020, 05:14 PM
add tennessee to the list

Rock
03-04-2020, 05:39 PM
Sometimes think part of the recruiting game is to sabotage a mindset. Let people know how green the grass is everywhere (even if not 100% interested) making it easy to second guess a decision and not truly commit.

If Jabril goes anywhere, or stays- hope that doesn’t happen for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bison 4 Life
03-04-2020, 11:40 PM
with the LSU rumor floating Alabama will step up their recruiting Jabril.

Jamar Cain Oklahoma LB coach "did Jamar recruit Jabril?"

I read somewhere that Conor Riley was his recruiter.

ndsubison1
03-05-2020, 03:32 AM

Would make sense. From Omaha area.

El_Chapo
03-05-2020, 05:10 AM

well Jamar was on staff and the players loved him. Oklahoma definitely in play for Jabril

MNLonghorn10
03-05-2020, 01:27 PM
well Jamar was on staff and the players loved him. Oklahoma definitely in play for Jabril

Fuck Oklahoma.

El_Chapo
03-05-2020, 04:45 PM
Fuck Oklahoma.

Salty Longhorn ^^^

Bison20
03-05-2020, 04:49 PM

I read that as well