PDA

View Full Version : Great West site Fan Poll

lucchesicourt
07-08-2005, 03:14 PM
There is a question about who has the ,ost difficult non conference schedule and according to the poll it looks like it is SDSU and then NDSU. Excuse me but did any of you Dakota guys who voted actually look at all the schedules of the teams in the conference or do you automatically vote for your own team. Any given Saturday has UC Davis as having the second most difficult schedule in D1AA, but maybe you guys know somethingI don't. If there is something I am missing as far as the Ags schedule or your teams schedule maybe you can clue me in. I am open to hear arguments both ways. I peronally don't see the Ags having a winning year this year, but will have a better opportunity of winning the GWFC. I could see the Ags going 5-6 and win the GWFC. The Ags out of conference schedule is such I could see them possibly going 0-5 in that department.

BisonMav
07-08-2005, 03:20 PM
There is a question about who has the ,ost difficult non conference schedule and according to the poll it looks like it is SDSU and then NDSU. Excuse me but did any of you Dakota guys who voted actually look at all the schedules of the teams in the conference or do you automatically vote for your own team. *Any given Saturday has UC Davis as having the second most difficult schedule in D1AA, but maybe you guys know somethingI don't. *If there is something I am missing as far as the Ags schedule or your teams schedule maybe you can clue me in. *I am open to hear arguments both ways. *I peronally don't see the Ags having a winning year this year, but will have a better opportunity of winning the GWFC. *I could see the Ags going 5-6 and win the GWFC. *The Ags out of conference schedule is such I could see them possibly going 0-5 in that department.

I'd agree, UCD has the most difficult schedule in the Great West. The Bison will have something to say about UCD going 5-6 and winning the conference though.

lucchesicourt
07-08-2005, 04:02 PM
Yes, it will be a tough go to win the conference, but I see UCD doing much better in conference games than out of conference.

mikelsch
07-08-2005, 04:22 PM
I voted for UC Davis

lucchesicourt
07-08-2005, 04:37 PM
It just seems that many people vote without really reading the facts. I do not believe a true football fan would vote without doing the research.m I just found it odd that both Dakota schools were voted to have the most difficult schedules. Most the Dakota (both North and South) people on this site are usually pretty well up to snuff on their facts I find.

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
07-08-2005, 04:39 PM
It just seems that many people vote without really reading the facts. *I do not believe a true football fan would vote without doing the research.m *I just found it odd that both Dakota schools were voted to have the most difficult schedules. Most the Dakota (both North and South) *people on this site are usually pretty well up to snuff on their facts I find. *

Well, if you really look at what you're saying, obviously everyone is just voting for their own team. So it's not like it's a really well researched poll :-/

lucchesicourt
07-08-2005, 04:50 PM
Yeah, I guess that's why polls really are worthlesss things to put on a web site.

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
07-08-2005, 05:23 PM
Yeah, I guess that's why polls really are worthlesss things to put on a web site.

Yeah I love how when there are polls on a specific teams site, and the poll says: Who will win the GWFC? the home team will have 95% of the votes no matter how good or bad they will be that year.

Gamehunter
07-08-2005, 05:26 PM
I voted UCD. I dont think there is much question about it.

Rabbitlivinginverm
07-08-2005, 05:38 PM
I had voted for SDSU but that was before I read what I was voting for (I thought it still was "who's going to win the conference" and I had to be a homer ;))

I changed my vote to UCD.

CKelly
07-08-2005, 10:09 PM
What is funny, and speaks to the difficulty of everyone's schedule is that the Bison would probably have the toughest schedule in many other conferences. At Northwestern, Montana St, and Southern Ill. These are all teams that will spend some time in the top 15, and maybe 10.

Davis, Cal Poly, then NDSU all have ridiculous schedules.

gwendel
07-10-2005, 09:13 PM
I agree. UCD definitely has the toughest schedule. No "given" first win to boost the team's confidence. Not with the likes of New Hampshire. I voted for UCD.

Checked the poll results, today though, and notice that now Northern Colorado leads the pack with 165 votes (65% of the total) and they have 2 D2s on their schedule. Hmmmmm....

Gamehunter
07-10-2005, 10:32 PM
I'm just waiting for the 2 SUU fans to sniff wind of this poll so they can go on a posting rampage and rack up 1000+ votes.

OrneryAggie
07-11-2005, 01:31 AM
UCD has to have the toughest schedule just for the fact that they have to play the Bison in Fargo.

dabearsrule
07-11-2005, 01:37 AM
I'm just waiting for the 2 SUU fans to sniff wind of this poll so they can go on a posting rampage and rack up 1000+ votes.

X-factor: Why are you so negative towards schools that don't have as much fan support as NDSU?

Gamehunter
07-11-2005, 05:17 AM
UCD has to have the toughest schedule just for the fact that they have to play the Bison in Fargo.

http://www.rockofagescandy.com/STDCandyBars/Products/Kudos.gif

;D

X-factor: Why are you so negative towards schools that don't have as much fan support as NDSU?

Im not, it doesn't have anything to do with the schools, but I guess you could say I am negative towards the fans that think they need to post 1500+ votes for a single poll when everyone else is voting once. I have went on that site one day and again on the next day, only to find SUU has gained a couple thousand votes. SUU barely gets those kind of numbers at the stadium on game day, let alone on the internet during a weekday. And SUU may not be the only one, it appears the numbers are slightly scued for all teams. No real point to having the polls IMO. Seems to me some of the fans have a little too much time on their hands.

WYOBISONMAN
07-11-2005, 02:50 PM
I too voted for UCD...... :-/

IowaBison
07-11-2005, 03:06 PM
There is a question about who has the ,ost difficult non conference schedule and according to the poll it looks like it is SDSU and then NDSU. Excuse me but did any of you Dakota guys who voted actually look at all the schedules of the teams in the conference or do you automatically vote for your own team. *Any given Saturday has UC Davis as having the second most difficult schedule in D1AA, but maybe you guys know somethingI don't. *If there is something I am missing as far as the Ags schedule or your teams schedule maybe you can clue me in. *I am open to hear arguments both ways. *I peronally don't see the Ags having a winning year this year, but will have a better opportunity of winning the GWFC. *I could see the Ags going 5-6 and win the GWFC. *The Ags out of conference schedule is such I could see them possibly going 0-5 in that department.

I too think that UCD has the most difficult schedule in the Great West, if not all of I-AA. Not to get caught up in semantics, but it does depend on your definition of 'difficult'.

Though I do wish the Aggies the best of luck (in all games except the one against the Bison). I don't know how competitive UCD will be in some of their games.

Stanford-great game, but are the Aggies gonna lose by 40? could be. If the game is sure to be a blow-out, I don't know if difficult is the best descriptor for it.

Remove that game and the schedules of many teams are comparable.

CKelly
07-11-2005, 05:55 PM
I'll go out on a limb and say Davis will keep the Stanford game within 21. I'll be shocked if they lose by more than three touchdowns.