PDA

View Full Version : Micheal Brower All time leading BENCH??

Uni_of_No_Diks
07-20-2005, 04:56 AM
whats the deal.. last year.. we brought in the NEBRASKA all time leading rusher and he REDSHIRTS??

and now I haven't heard a peep outta this guy.. what's going on!!!

Im a casual fan.. even though I was an NDSU ATHLETE....... therefore.. stuff like that.. really INTRIQUES ME!!

Why isn't this guy playing in his first year..

Secondlyl. I think NDSU should be recruiting the "RED SHIRTS" of BIG DIv 1 schools..

get into that kid's living room and say "listen.. forget U of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa.. where you will sit on a bench for 2-3 years...... come to NDSU and be an IMMEDIATE PLAYER!!"

huh??

SirHinn
07-20-2005, 09:36 AM
Yes because believe it or not just because your the all time leading rusher in a state doesn't mean your going to contribute right away at the college level. God Forbid a highschool teams actually having players dominate within a system actually not dominate at the college level. Yes its possible believe it or not. He's so good they even decided to move him to linebacker. Again welcome to d-1.

Also, welcome to divison 2 football let alone 1 aa. You don't think teams try to convince a kid to go to another school by using more PT strategy? Your suggestions certainly aren't anything that has not been used for years by lower d1 teams.

Bison_Dan
07-20-2005, 01:23 PM
whats the deal.. last year.. we brought in the NEBRASKA all time leading rusher and he REDSHIRTS??

Im a casual fan.. even though I was an NDSU ATHLETE....... therefore.. stuff like that.. really INTRIQUES ME!!

Secondlyl. I think NDSU *should be recruiting the "RED SHIRTS" of BIG DIv 1 schools..

get into that kid's living room and say "listen.. forget U of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa.. where you will sit on a bench for 2-3 years...... come to NDSU and be an IMMEDIATE PLAYER!!"

huh??

Don't be a dick - Mike red shirted last year and has been moved to LB and will do well. He won't play his first game until this fall.

NDSU_grad
07-20-2005, 02:23 PM
I can never tell if the new trolls is Legend or siouxmenow. My guess on this one is Legend

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
07-20-2005, 03:26 PM
I hope NDSU is not going in to the living rooms of redshirts from other schools as that is a big no-no in the eyes of the NCAA. Although I get the feeling that the post was not coming from an ex-bison athlete.

Bison_Dan
07-20-2005, 03:50 PM
I hope NDSU is not going in to the living rooms of redshirts from other schools as that is a big no-no in the eyes of the NCAA. *Although I get the feeling that the post was not coming from an ex-bison athlete.

You THINK!

silkamilkamonico
07-20-2005, 08:39 PM

Secondlyl. I think NDSU *should be recruiting the "RED SHIRTS" of BIG DIv 1 schools..

huh??

There's a reason why he wasn't recruited by big time Division 1 schools.

Think about it.

kchats
07-20-2005, 11:23 PM
Plus redshirting all the freshman last year gives the program time in transition without wasting a division I recruit. All good programs redshirt most if not all of their recruiting classes. Look how good Lamar Gordon turned out but he had a horrible first year and probably would have benefitted from a redshirt year to bulk up.

Uni_of_No_Diks
07-21-2005, 05:36 AM
Why are you guys so insecure with me.. when I post.. RELAX!!

I did play football.baseball at ndsu in 93,94... ANYWAYS.. perhaps u didnt read all I said

I said.. WHY DONT NDSU Go into recruits home's of players that are TARGETED to be redshirted their 1st year at U of Minn, Wisc, iowa.. and tell them..

Come to NDSU.. get exposure.. get drafted and play RIGHT NOW!

I aint a TROLL.. soo chill the hell out

GO BISON!!

lucchesicourt
07-21-2005, 12:19 PM
Until probation is up, offering a player to play right away with NO opportunity to win a national championship, is really not much of an offer. While if he red shirts while you are on probation, he will have an extra year of elgibility after you come off probation and an extra chance to win a national championship. That's why I believe the 4 years probation is ridiculous. In essence it takes every opportunity to compete for a national championship from an incoming freshman unless he does redshirt. So, until you are off probation why would someone want to play for you immediately when, even if he redshirts at the D1A level he still has 4 shots at a national championship and NDSU would only be able to offer him one shot. Which would you take?

BisonMav
07-21-2005, 12:37 PM
I did play football.baseball at ndsu in 93,94...

I aint a TROLL.. soo chill the hell out

Prove it then ::)

Odds are you have the Red Pepper Syndrome. :-[

IowaBison
07-21-2005, 02:09 PM
maybe he played at NDSU at a high school game in the BSA or on Dakota Field?