PDA

View Full Version : What is with the Texas weather!

sage
01-11-2020, 02:38 PM
I just turned on the tube and just about fell off my chair, SNOW!!! Really!!! OMG I hope is doesn't take away from our game.

El_Chapo
01-11-2020, 02:43 PM
Such a joke, every year. Move this title game

GreenfieldBison
01-11-2020, 02:59 PM
Such a joke, every year. Move this title game

Nonsense. Last two years I was in short sleeves during the game.

MNLonghorn10
01-11-2020, 03:03 PM
Nonsense. Last two years I was in short sleeves during the game.

the last 5 have been shit...until 2 pm when the sun peaks through

Hammerhead
01-11-2020, 03:05 PM
Where would you rather have the game? The Alamadome, Southern California, Florida? I'd suggest the Fargodome, but then there would be no tailgate town outside. It's a safe bet than any stadium used by an NFL team is out of the picture.

Flow 2-3-4-5
01-11-2020, 03:08 PM

Two years ago against JMU was awesome weather. We sat on the Bison sideline and I actually got a sunburn

MNLonghorn10
01-11-2020, 03:09 PM
Where would you rather have the game? The Alamadome, Southern California, Florida? I'd suggest the Fargodome, but then there would be no tailgate town outside. It's a safe bet than any stadium used by an NFL team is out of the picture.

orlando, miami?

El_Chapo
01-11-2020, 03:10 PM
Two years ago against JMU was awesome weather. We sat on the Bison sideline and I actually got a sunburn

1 outta 8 aint bad.

I would like it at Vegas, Tampa, San Diego, Pheonix. anywhere warm if we are gonna actually stay in fcs.

ndsubison1
01-11-2020, 03:27 PM
Move to Boca Raton and play in FAU's stadium

CalBison97
01-11-2020, 03:29 PM
StubHub Center (now Dignity Health) in SoCal, the former home of LA Chargers. 30,000 seat stadium. Perfect.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200111/a17dcd1c3c32c1af29f385bfa5bbfa34.jpg

NDSUSR
01-11-2020, 03:36 PM
StubHub Center (now Dignity Health) in SoCal, the former home of LA Chargers. 30,000 seat stadium. Perfect.

1800 mile drive. No thanks.

GreenfieldBison
01-11-2020, 03:40 PM

You must have been at a different one than me.

westnodak93bison
01-15-2020, 01:49 AM
Two years ago against JMU was awesome weather. We sat on the Bison sideline and I actually got a sunburnMeet too. On just my left cheek and neck

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

westnodak93bison
01-15-2020, 01:50 AM
Such a joke, every year. Move this title gameWhere to? Maybe New Orleans?

HerdThat!
01-15-2020, 01:57 AM
Where to? Maybe New Orleans?

Bridgeforth Stadium, Harrisonburg VA
You thought JMU fans complain now

CAS4127
01-15-2020, 01:59 AM
Where to? Maybe New Orleans?

Nashville .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23Bison
01-15-2020, 02:24 AM
Dallas instead of Frisco!!!:hide:

Bison 4 Life
01-15-2020, 02:47 AM
Nashville .....

Was in Nashville last Tuesday on my way to Frisco. I had driven through several times but never stopped. Beautiful night and what a fun town!

IndyBison
01-15-2020, 02:54 AM
Was in Nashville last Tuesday on my way to Frisco. I had driven through several times but never stopped. Beautiful night and what a fun town!Nashville would be an awesome location. They would be more than up to the challenge of Bison fans!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

CAS4127
01-15-2020, 03:02 AM
Nashville would be an awesome location. They would be more than up to the challenge of Bison fans!

Agreed. Coaches Convention is going on there now. The main strip in Nashville is awesome. Bison fans would be within walking distance of every major bar/restaurant/honky tonk: https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200115/3e4a5c4c41c9a050cc22f826cd796158.jpg

stevdock
01-15-2020, 12:06 PM
How would Nashville be any different? In fact, I think it would have a higher probability of having worse weather. Go look at the weather for the rest of this week in Nashville and it looks very similar to what was reported out of Frisco.

bisonp
01-15-2020, 12:49 PM
There are several nice soccer stadiums in warmer locations that would work well. But they are all quite a bit farther away.

What stadium is in Nashville? I don't think Nissan would host it and Vanderbilt is not that good.

I'd like to see something different. But Frisco is OK, and I also think a significantly longer drive would hurt attendance.

Stary2k11
01-15-2020, 01:03 PM
Having been there several times myself, I’d argue that Nashville would get “old” quicker than Frisco. Sure it’s fun once...maybe twice, but after you’ve done the strip that’s full of the same type of people 24/7 there’s not much to do. I personally can barely stand what Nashville is becoming. It’s overctowded, overpriced, and just not all that.

I’d also argue the flight prices would be higher. Fewer flights per day. Fewer direct flights, etc.

Also not really a good venue for the game, as noted by others.

Bison 4 Life
01-15-2020, 01:12 PM
I could see how that would get old quick. While it was fun, it seemed like the only thing to do.

January weather is so unpredictable. It was shorts weather on Friday night with a tornado and snowing in the morning. Last couple years were fine, you'll never know what the weather is going to be like but JFC I know I've been gone a long time but I remember ND being way colder than that in January.

Stary2k11
01-15-2020, 01:28 PM
I could see how that would get old quick. While it was fun, it seemed like the only thing to do.

January weather is so unpredictable. It was shorts weather on Friday night with a tornado and snowing in the morning. Last couple years were fine, you'll never know what the weather is going to be like but JFC I know I've been gone a long time but I remember ND being way colder than that in January.

Absolutely, and the weather pattern that rolled through Frisco Friday and Saturday ended up hitting Nashville late Saturday and Sunday.

Unless it’s maybe Florida, Arizona, or SoCal, the weather will be somewhat unpredictable.

ZHerd
01-15-2020, 01:30 PM
I wish they could do this game in Florida. So much to do there the extra drivewould be worth it

MankatoBison
01-15-2020, 01:37 PM
I wish they could do this game in Florida. So much more to do than Frisco the extra drivewould be worth it

Agreed 100%.

I love the community of Frisco for the fact that they completely sell out for Bison football, but the Town itself, as well as the stadium do literally NOTHING for me.
The MLS stadium in Orlando is significantly better in my estimation and Orlando is literally the number 1 tourist destination in the world.

Frisco? lol, yeah right.

MankatoBison
01-15-2020, 01:48 PM
Agreed 100%.

I love the community of Frisco for the fact that they completely sell out for Bison football, but the Town itself, as well as the stadium do literally NOTHING for me.
The MLS stadium in Orlando is significantly better in my estimation and Orlando is literally the number 1 tourist destination in the world.

Frisco? lol, yeah right.

Also Flights to Orlando are virtually free compared to other destinations around the country.

GreenfieldBison
01-15-2020, 01:52 PM
I recall a co-worker who was so excited to take his young family down to Disneyworld for a holiday trip. Weather during his stay was 30's and rainy.

I have been stalled at the golf course in the Carolina's for a two hour frost delay.

Been to Vegas for golf in January. It gets cold at night in the desert folks. 11:00 am tee/game time gonna be nippy. But dry.

I used to go to the Phoenix area for a long weekend golf junket usually right around Super Bowl weekend. In fifteen or sixteen years I was never rained out or rained on. Every day I would head out for a quick walk at 7:00 am - temp 45 degrees. Tee off at 10:00 am and still need the long sleeves and wind shirt but wearing shorts now. Hit the nineteenth hole and down to short sleeves, temp around 70. Enjoy a beverage and watch some golf on TV outside. Average of 335ish days of sun annually.

Probably the most dependable and favorable weather though would be San Diego. It is much like Hawaii in that way - the TV weatherman only has to record one forecast then just replay for the next 364.

bisonp
01-15-2020, 02:03 PM
Also Flights to Orlando are virtually free compared to other destinations around the country.

Yes but they won't have nearly enough of them.

MankatoBison
01-15-2020, 02:14 PM
Yes but they won't have nearly enough of them.

lol, what? do you realize how many flights come from MSP to Orlando every day?

Bison bison
01-15-2020, 02:29 PM
Do you realize how many Bison fans go to Frisco?

Orlando does nothing for me. If I want to go see the Mouse, I'll go see the Mouse, If I want to go a national championship game that's what i'll do.

ZHerd
01-15-2020, 02:42 PM

Orlando does nothing for me. If I want to go see the Mouse, I'll go see the Mouse, If I want to go a national championship game that's what i'll do.

Why spend your whole time in Orlando? I get people liking Frisco; especially if all they are going for is the game

MankatoBison
01-15-2020, 02:46 PM

Not sure if you knew this... but if the NAtional championship was in orlando... Now bear with me here because I know this is difficult for you.... you would be able to see the national championship game- EVEN IF it wasnt in Texas!

woooOoOoOoOaAaAaAAAAaaAH!!!!!!

There's no one holding a gun making you go to theme parks if the game is in Orlando. You'd have what is called a "Choice". Its kinda like when you go to a restauratn- you can CHOOSE what you want to eat. In Orlando, you can CHOOSE what activities you would like to do with your family. Crazy right?? In Frisco, you can choose to drink with you family, or go to video game museum. Those are your options

BattleBorn
01-15-2020, 02:54 PM
Once Nashville figures out their MLS stadium issue, it would be an incredible destination. Frisco has been really great to us, but it really cannot compare to Nashville.

MankatoBison
01-15-2020, 02:57 PM
The area within 5 miles of Toyota Stadium sell their souls for Bison fans and its absolutely incredible. There is no reason that the same radius around another stadium, in another town couldnt grow to do the same, given the same circumstances. Orlando MLS stadium isnt in disney world. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that part of Orlando couldnt become absolutely as invested in NDSU for that week as Frisco.

DakotaOkie
01-15-2020, 04:59 PM
The area within 5 miles of Toyota Stadium sell their souls for Bison fans and its absolutely incredible. There is no reason that the same radius around another stadium, in another town couldnt grow to do the same, given the same circumstances. Orlando MLS stadium isnt in disney world. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that part of Orlando couldnt become absolutely as invested in NDSU for that week as Frisco.

You are comparing a large city that is built around tourists 365 days a year with one that has become a growing suburb of Dallas (and has little tourist value beyond Jerry World #2). I guarantee that no one in Orlando would give a rat's behind about another 20,000 tourists when they already get 75 million a year. People in Florida tolerate tourists for their money and hate most of them because of it.

Bison bison
01-15-2020, 05:07 PM
PM me when Orlando or Nashville submit a bid.

MankatoBison
01-15-2020, 05:13 PM
Im talking about a 5-6 block radius of the stadium, actually. I never alleged that the entire city of orlando would throw us a parade. Nice straw man argument though.

Bison 4 Life
01-15-2020, 05:14 PM

This is the right take. Frisco is the best location they've ever played the game.

MankatoBison
01-15-2020, 05:19 PM

This isnt the point of the discussion- nor was it the point of your original post. but its really impressive how quickly you moved the goalposts once you realized you logic was trash to begin with. "look how shitty of a tourist destination Frisco is, so they appreciate us when we come" isnt exactly a point in Frisco's favor. by that logic, we should put it in the smallest possible town, with the absolute worst tourist economy with a stadium with 17k so we will be super DUPER appreciated.

all things being equal, Orlando would likely be a much better destination. you can go just for the game if you'd like. And others can do a hell of a lot more if THEY want as well. And the stadium is markedly better, and larger.

All things are NOT equal in this scenario, which is why it will likely be in frisco forever. the conversation was "what other locations would be fun or could work?". Sorry if that pisses you off somehow

StL Bison Fan
01-15-2020, 05:24 PM
We don’t really have trouble getting tickets and we actually know how to get in the stadium.
The travel down isn’t bad and the town is welcoming.
The only problem seems to be weather and game time.

BattleBorn
01-15-2020, 05:55 PM

You must not have gotten the text... a rowdy group of JMU fans are writing letters to the NCAA to get it moved. Not sure if they'll have as much luck as we did banning their streamers, but we best be prepared.

Son of a Bison
01-15-2020, 05:57 PM
Well it would be easy for lots of Bison fans to drive to Grand Forks.

by that logic, we should put it in the smallest possible town, with the absolute worst tourist economy with a stadium with 17k so we will be super DUPER appreciated.

Bison_Pyro
01-15-2020, 07:19 PM
Got back to Fargo Sunday and I am back in Dallas today for work. Its 77 degrees and sunny.

56BISON73
01-15-2020, 08:23 PM
You must have been at a different one than me.

He hasnt been to the last 5.

Bison 4 Life
01-15-2020, 08:45 PM
This isnt the point of the discussion- nor was it the point of your original post. but its really impressive how quickly you moved the goalposts once you realized you logic was trash to begin with. "look how shitty of a tourist destination Frisco is, so they appreciate us when we come" isnt exactly a point in Frisco's favor. by that logic, we should put it in the smallest possible town, with the absolute worst tourist economy with a stadium with 17k so we will be super DUPER appreciated.

all things being equal, Orlando would likely be a much better destination. you can go just for the game if you'd like. And others can do a hell of a lot more if THEY want as well. And the stadium is markedly better, and larger.

All things are NOT equal in this scenario, which is why it will likely be in frisco forever. the conversation was "what other locations would be fun or could work?". Sorry if that pisses you off somehow

all things being equal if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

zero destinations that don't want it would work.

IndyBison
01-15-2020, 09:09 PM
Once Nashville figures out their MLS stadium issue, it would be an incredible destination. Frisco has been really great to us, but it really cannot compare to Nashville.

I agree. If you don't get bored with Frisco you definitely won't get bored with Nashville. People rave about Frisco and the food and clubs. Nashville would blow both of those out of the water. There is plenty to do in and around the city if you don't like the bars downtown. Check out West End or Franklin. Country Music Hall of Fame, Opryland Hotel, Grand Ol Opry, Hermitage and many others. Memphis is only a couple hours away and the Smokey Mountains are the other in case you want to tack on something new while you are there. I also think an event with 20,000 people coming to town will still get the attention of the hospitality folks.

And if you look at the distance, it's basically a wash (5% different).

Fargo to Nashville: 1118 miles
Fargo to Frisco: 1072 miles

Minneapolis to Nashville: 869
Minneapolis to Frisco: 920

I've been to Frisco twice, and I think it's a perfectly fine venue. They don't pick these with the expectation that the same team may be there every year so fatigue of one fan base is likely not a criteria.

GreenfieldBison
01-15-2020, 09:29 PM
Here is a quick little table with some very basic weather data for a few possible locations: (all data for the month of January)

City
Avg High
Avg Low
Avg Mid
Avg Precip

Dallas

Las Vegas

Memphis

Miami

Nashville

NOLA

Orlando

Phoenix

San Diego

Bisman
01-15-2020, 09:41 PM
Here is a quick little table with some very basic weather data for a few possible locations: (all data for the month of January)

City
Avg High
Avg Low
Avg Mid
Avg Precip

Dallas

Las Vegas

Memphis

Miami

Nashville

NOLA

Orlando

Phoenix

San Diego

OK, Miami it is. Allegiant Air has direct flights to Mesa, AZ and Sanford/Orlando, Fl. so they would be OK too.

BadlandsBison
01-15-2020, 09:46 PM
The obvious location is right under noses. Actually right under our continent.

Nassau, Bahamas! Home to the Bahamas bowl. Just ignore the chinese military's spying equipment and you'll have a great time.

89MTBISON
01-15-2020, 11:16 PM
Does this move the needle for anyone?
https://www.inforum.com/videos/4864799-Allegiant-announces-nonstop-service-from-Fargo-to-Nashville

GreenfieldBison
01-15-2020, 11:18 PM
https://www.inforum.com/videos/4864799-Allegiant-announces-nonstop-service-from-Fargo-to-Nashville

I'm a big no. I live near Minneapolis. Plus, Frisco has the contract through 2025 so...

JCEE1990
01-15-2020, 11:48 PM
Not sure why Nashville is so great regarding the title of the thread.

BattleBorn
01-16-2020, 12:03 AM

Because it’s about 3 hours from my house.

DakotaOkie
01-16-2020, 12:31 AM
Mostly because some folks living in Fargo area think 500 miles southward automatically means it will be warm on New Years Day.

56BISON73
01-16-2020, 12:54 AM

Nope. Ive been to Nashville and its ok. I will take Frisco.

NDSU
01-16-2020, 04:26 AM
Not sure if you knew this... but if the NAtional championship was in orlando... Now bear with me here because I know this is difficult for you.... you would be able to see the national championship game- EVEN IF it wasnt in Texas!

woooOoOoOoOaAaAaAAAAaaAH!!!!!!

There's no one holding a gun making you go to theme parks if the game is in Orlando. You'd have what is called a "Choice". Its kinda like when you go to a restauratn- you can CHOOSE what you want to eat. In Orlando, you can CHOOSE what activities you would like to do with your family. Crazy right?? In Frisco, you can choose to drink with you family, or go to video game museum. Those are your options

Just curious as to who's holding the gun to your head that doesn't allow you to leave Frisco city limits? There are plenty of things to do in the metro to occupy a couple says. Maybe it's just your choice?

56BISON73
01-16-2020, 05:01 AM

It seems you are the only getting worked up over it. People expressed there dislike for YOUR choice then you got all pissy. Back away from the ledge.

GreenfieldBison
01-16-2020, 04:11 PM
Nope. Ive been to Nashville and its ok. I will take Frisco.

I’ve never been to either Nashville or Memphis but based on my brief weather investigation yesterday it seems that January is not the timing I will choose to remedy that. I’m with you, stay Frisco or else look at someplace like Phoenix. After 2025 of course.

As I was leaving Hutchins on Sunday a group went by headed north on Harley’s. Might have to rent one of those down there next time and go for a ride.
https://www.riders-share.com/listings/frisco-tx
https://www.eaglerider.com/dallas

MankatoBison
01-16-2020, 04:15 PM
It seems you are the only getting worked up over it. People expressed there dislike for YOUR choice then you got all pissy. Back away from the ledge.

Lol you are an absolute Gem, 56. Definitely no one else like you

MankatoBison
01-16-2020, 04:26 PM
Just curious as to who's holding the gun to your head that doesn't allow you to leave Frisco city limits? There are plenty of things to do in the metro to occupy a couple says. Maybe it's just your choice?

Orlando is a better vacation destination than Frisco. Dont take it so personally, lol. Frisco is a great Natty location, no one is arguing otherwise. Obviously, having the natty in a better tourist destination would make it more attractive to most people to plan their vacations around the game. Just an idea, obviously this triggers you all deeply, holy cow

MankatoBison
01-16-2020, 04:37 PM
https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/the-most-visited-places-in-the-us.html

Most visited places in the United states
Try searching for frisco, or dallas, or fort worth lol.

Then, if you still think I'm lying, go to any school in america, and ask every single class prek-6th grade "where do you want to go on vacation this year?" I'm sure you will be overwhelmed with that masses of children screaming "frisco, Texas and the greater Dallas ft worth area" in perfect unison lol.

Only Bisonville cronies could ever be triggered by asking this question. "generally, which is a better toursit destination, Orlando, or Frisco Texas and the greater Dallas fort worth area?"

Bison 4 Life
01-16-2020, 04:42 PM
I think the moon would be a cool place. We should definitely have it there.

GreenfieldBison
01-16-2020, 04:49 PM
https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/the-most-visited-places-in-the-us.html

Most visited places in the United states
Try searching for frisco, or dallas, or fort worth lol.

Then, if you still think I'm lying, go to any school in america, and ask every single class prek-6th grade "where do you want to go on vacation this year?" I'm sure you will be overwhelmed with that masses of children screaming "frisco, Texas and the greater Dallas ft worth area" in perfect unison lol.

Only Bisonville cronies could ever be triggered by asking this question. "generally, which is a better toursit destination, Orlando, or Frisco Texas and the greater Dallas fort worth area?"

You DO realize that Frisco holds the contract for this game through the 2025 season right? Further, when the NCAA lets the RFP for the next contract not a single Bisonville member will be consulted or have their opinion considered since we are unlikely to be recipients of that RFP.

Given that one must wonder what purpose you have for holding forth on this superfluous argument and offending some of your fellow fans in the process.

Why?

rockthief
01-16-2020, 05:26 PM
The winter weather comes out of Canada, crosses the border at Antler, picks up Highway 83 and follows it all the way down to Texas. It is a straight shot and the weather never gets lost, just follows the 83 blowing the hell out of everything.

89MTBISON
01-16-2020, 05:42 PM
You DO realize that Frisco holds the contract for this game through the 2025 season right? Further, when the NCAA lets the RFP for the next contract not a single Bisonville member will be consulted or have their opinion considered since we are unlikely to be recipients of that RFP.

Given that one must wonder what purpose you have for holding forth on this superfluous argument and offending some of your fellow fans in the process.

Why?

He's got a thing for Minnie.9239

BattleBorn
01-16-2020, 08:03 PM

Should help the kicking game.

MankatoBison
01-16-2020, 08:20 PM

Why?

Someone brought up other natty locations for fun. Completely theoretical. Someone said Nashville and I said orlando, haha. I know the contract is signed until 2025. That was never part of the conversation. The question was, "what other places could be fun?". Didnt realize I needed permission from you, greenfield, to answer this question. Consult a therapist.

The facts remain - the stadium in Orlando is larger, newer, and nicer. Orlando is a better tourist destination for families, which is pretty important for people who, you know, have families. the natty is in frisco until 2025. Frisco is an incredibly gracious host, but a shitty tourist destination for families.

StL Bison Fan
01-16-2020, 09:12 PM

Do they have oysters and brisket?

tjamz
01-16-2020, 09:14 PM
You must not have gotten the text... a rowdy group of JMU fans are writing letters to the NCAA to get it moved. Not sure if they'll have as much luck as we did banning their streamers, but we best be prepared.So they'll tell jmu that they're moving the game, but let the Bison play in Frisco anyway?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

southcliffbison
01-16-2020, 09:21 PM
:
You must not have gotten the text... a rowdy group of JMU fans are writing letters to the NCAA to get it moved. Not sure if they'll have as much luck as we did banning their streamers, but we best be prepared.

…….. and here's the response from the NCAA ……...:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Milkman
01-16-2020, 09:34 PM
Do they have oysters and brisket?Nope, its BYOOB.

89MTBISON
01-16-2020, 09:58 PM
I was actually shocked, meaning left mouth gaping open shocked when Hutchins told me they were BYOB. If I'd known that I'd have checked a keg of homebrew on Delta.

MangyOldBison
01-16-2020, 10:03 PM
The winter weather comes out of Canada, crosses the border at Antler, picks up Highway 83 and follows it all the way down to Texas. It is a straight shot and the weather never gets lost, just follows the 83 blowing the hell out of everything.

Lol! You win today! https://youtu.be/RFlCD5CYAcU

MangyOldBison
01-16-2020, 10:04 PM
I was actually shocked, meaning left mouth gaping open shocked when Hutchins told me they were BYOB. If I'd known that I'd have checked a keg of homebrew on Delta.

You may have just tied for today’s internet winner! Lol!

MangyOldBison
01-16-2020, 10:07 PM

https://youtu.be/OUJRJAXolk4

56BISON73
01-16-2020, 10:09 PM
Lol you are an absolute Gem, 56. Definitely no one else like you

Dude. Look in the mirror.

rockthief
01-16-2020, 11:14 PM
Lol! You win today! https://youtu.be/RFlCD5CYAcU

Dang, I wish I could hear. Thanks for the win though. :)

GSUsTALON
01-17-2020, 12:50 AM
Its all the carbon emissions that NDSU fans are creating by flying and driving to Texas the last 9 years! ;-)

56BISON73
01-17-2020, 01:53 AM
Its all the carbon emissions that NDSU fans are creating by flying and driving to Texas the last 9 years! ;-)

Dont care. :D

GSUsTALON
01-17-2020, 02:47 AM
Dont care. :D

It was a joke.... ;-)

GFBison
01-17-2020, 02:48 AM
[QUOTE=StL Bison Fan;1403794]We don’t really have trouble getting tickets and we actually know how to get in the stadium.
The only problem seems to be weather and game time.[/QUOTE2011 50 9MPH NW SHSU
Temp at kickoff.
2011 50 9mph SHSU
2012 47 8MPH SHSU
2013 60 23MPH TOWSON
2014 34 8MPH ISUR
2015 40 19MPH JSU
2017 53 10MPH JMU
2018 58 3MPH EWU
2019 30 16MPH JMU

MangyOldBison
01-17-2020, 08:02 AM
[QUOTE=StL Bison Fan;1403794]We don’t really have trouble getting tickets and we actually know how to get in the stadium.
The only problem seems to be weather and game time.[/QUOTE2011 50 9MPH NW SHSU
Temp at kickoff.
2011 50 9mph SHSU
2012 47 8MPH SHSU
2013 60 23MPH TOWSON
2014 34 8MPH ISUR
2015 40 19MPH JSU
2017 53 10MPH JMU
2018 58 3MPHEWU
2019 30 16MPH JMU

Very interesting post and information! Well done!

The sun sure broke out in nice spurts and key moments to complement the greatness that was happening on the field this year though! “It’s 80 degrees and the sun is shining.”....Everybody’s High School Football Coach :biggrin::cool:

tke
01-17-2020, 12:14 PM
1 outta 8 aint bad.

I would like it at Vegas, Tampa, San Diego, Pheonix. anywhere warm if we are gonna actually stay in fcs.Problem with Vegas, San Diego or Phoenix...I don't want a 9 am kickoff. I already don't like 11 am. Moving it back to Pacific time zone would kill the atmosphere. And if we want it on TV, it's going to be the same time slot.

That only leaves Central and Eastern Time zones as options in my opinion.

GreenfieldBison
01-17-2020, 02:23 PM
Problem with Vegas, San Diego or Phoenix...I don't want a 9 am kickoff. I already don't like 11 am. Moving it back to Pacific time zone would kill the atmosphere. And if we want it on TV, it's going to be the same time slot.

Well Phoenix is Mountain so that's only a one hour shift to 10:00 but yeah, point taken.

IndyBison
01-17-2020, 04:59 PM
Problem with Vegas, San Diego or Phoenix...I don't want a 9 am kickoff. I already don't like 11 am. Moving it back to Pacific time zone would kill the atmosphere. And if we want it on TV, it's going to be the same time slot.

If they went west I wonder if they would consider having it Friday night instead. I'm not sure why Frisco couldn't also consider Friday night. Maybe Saturday noon ET is a better time for TV.