PDA

View Full Version : Official NDSU v JMU Championship 2.0 Speculation Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

heffray
12-22-2019, 10:29 PM
We got 3 weeks to speculate and jab about this game, so let’s get it started...

ndsubison1
12-22-2019, 10:33 PM
Going to be a looooong 3 weeks

tjbison
12-22-2019, 10:37 PM
3 weeks is a long time....

ZHerd
12-22-2019, 11:39 PM
We won’t accomplish much running; especially up the middle. Trey and receivers need to be ready to tear it up

89MTBISON
12-22-2019, 11:45 PM
I'll speculate that coach Roehl learned quite a bit in the previous three games. Should be another epic Bison-JMU clash. Of course, our defense is dialed in as usual, no speculation required.

DCinOK
12-22-2019, 11:48 PM
I speculate that the Virginia Dookies are making their "NDS Who?" signs right now. On the other hand, they may have plenty left over from two years ago.

EC8CH
12-22-2019, 11:50 PM
NDSU wins the tailgate.

56BISON73
12-23-2019, 12:07 AM
NDSU wins the tailgate.

But they try hard. Looks like they picked up a Jr tailgate starter kit

https://i.imgur.com/zTC5cQ9.jpg

EC8CH
12-23-2019, 12:32 AM
Lakes will post thinly veiled boasts and insults on their board triggering juvenile responses.

EC8CH
12-23-2019, 12:34 AM
JMU fans' lack of August ticket purchases will cause them to whine about ticket availability and the venue size.

NDSU1980
12-23-2019, 12:40 AM
JMU fans' lack of August ticket purchases will cause them to whine about ticket availability and the venue size.

Well you can't blame them for not buying back in August. How would they know JMU wouldn't be meeting Colgate in the playoffs?

Vet70
12-23-2019, 12:51 AM
Lakes will post thinly veiled boasts and insults on their board triggering juvenile responses.

I may have misunderstood. I thought the thread was about "speculation" and not certainty.

EC8CH
12-23-2019, 12:55 AM
I may have misunderstood. I thought the thread was about "speculation" and not certainty.

It's about JMU though, so the thread title is implied to be in purple.

Bisonator98
12-23-2019, 12:57 AM
Need to attack their secondary. I predict a big game from Lance, Sproles and Watson. TE's should have some plays down field too.

heffray
12-23-2019, 01:03 AM
Need to attack their secondary. I predict a big game from Lance, Sproles and Watson. TE's should have some plays down field too.

Seems like JMU’s secondary is playing much better than earlier in the year. The games I’ve seen, they appear to play pretty tight without committing too many penalties. Combine that with their D-line, which I think is better than NDSU’s, it could be a more difficult with a pass-heavy scheme.

Vet70
12-23-2019, 01:08 AM
Seems like JMU’s secondary is playing much better than earlier in the year. The games I’ve seen, they appear to play pretty tight without committing too many penalties. Combine that with their D-line, which I think is better than NDSU’s, it could be a more difficult with a pass-heavy scheme.

We are doomed if we can't pass because I don't see us racking up a lot of yards on the ground.

Bisonator98
12-23-2019, 01:08 AM

They haven't exactly played teams with good offenses. Had UNI and Weber had anything resembling an offense they would have been challenged. NDSU has the offense to challenge them and win. So long as Roehl doesn't go into his conservative shell again.

heffray
12-23-2019, 01:29 AM
We are doomed if we can't pass because I don't see us racking up a lot of yards on the ground.

I agree with this take. I think we could get away with a more balanced scheme if we attack the edge and stretch the field with some bombs to Watson.

heffray
12-23-2019, 01:30 AM
They haven't exactly played teams with good offenses. Had UNI and Weber had anything resembling an offense they would have been challenged. NDSU has the offense to challenge them and win. So long as Roehl doesn't go into his conservative shell again.

Yeah. Comparing JMU’s D-line with ISUr seems about right.

Bison 4 Life
12-23-2019, 01:33 AM

I'll bet TR would like another crack at the ISUr game.

heffray
12-23-2019, 01:38 AM
I'll bet TR would like another crack at the ISUr game.

Agree with this. Also, as Chaos pointed out, the first half was actually pretty good, they just failed to score TDs.

Stary2k11
12-23-2019, 01:44 AM
The stats certainly say the pass should be more open than the run. JMU gives up more pass yards per game and yards per completion than every Valley school except Western Ill., South Dakota, and Misery State.

bajadanny
12-23-2019, 01:46 AM

Man NDSU will tear them up with the pass game, I hope they throw until they can put it in grind mode with a nice lead

Pass the ball!!!

89MTBISON
12-23-2019, 01:51 AM

JMU does not have a 6'6" 325lb NT, starters are 275-285 on the interior line. They may have speed guys on the outside, one DE is 227lb, but our OTs are pretty special. They will not have seen the kind of size and athleticism our O line brings to this game.

CAS4127
12-23-2019, 01:53 AM
The stats certainly say the pass should be more open than the run. JMU gives up more pass yards per game and yards per completion than every Valley school except Western Ill., South Dakota, and Misery State.

Teams have likely thrown more against JMU because of the inability to run effectively. Plus, lots of stats come from late in game where teams are trying to catch up and or JMU’s starters out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bison 4 Life
12-23-2019, 01:56 AM
I liked the gameplan on Saturday, stay ahead of the sticks. Runs, short passes, TE's, bubble screens. West coast all the way. Take the top off once in a while but get the damn first down.

Professor Chaos
12-23-2019, 02:01 AM
Another thing to take into consideration is that, while JMU has been in this situation before, their coaches (for the most part) have not. I believe they only have one holdover coach from Houston's staff. Handling the 3 week break will be key towards avoiding a slow start.

Having said that I expect both teams are going to have some wrinkles with the off time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz0VFa_4JwM

Stary2k11
12-23-2019, 02:03 AM
Teams have likely thrown more against JMU because of the inability to run effectively. Plus, lots of stats come from late in game where teams are trying to catch up and or JMU’s starters out.

Agreed, but they’ve given up an average of 322 pass yards per game in 3 of their tighter games this season, so not all garbage time yards in blowout games.

GreenfieldBison
12-23-2019, 02:35 AM

I don’t agree with you. These last two games if those qb’s were competent and/or had some time to pass then JMU would have yielded some yards. We have Lance, Johnson, Volson, et al. Add in a Watson, Sproles AND Keporous? They gonna have their hands full.

But never mind all that. What I REALLY want for Christmas is for Cignetti of some other program person to say some stupid shit publicly so that 91 gets irritated. Please?

WeAreThePride
12-23-2019, 02:41 AM
JMU’s secondary coach is shitting his pants watching the MSU game film.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. GOOD LUCK.

X-Factor
12-23-2019, 02:54 AM
Braylon Henderson had his 4th game against Montana State correct? If so that’s too bad as he could add some depth out there but probably not worth burning a shirt for 1 game. I think he will tear it up next year alongside Sproles and Watson.

My quick hot takes on this game:
JMU defense is probably slightly better overall than our D
Our offense is probably slightly better than their offense.

Our all-American tackles vs their all-American defensive ends will be a battle.

Volson has me a bit concerned against that level of DE.

Should be a great championship game!

Next year’s game not so much

heffray
12-23-2019, 02:59 AM
I don’t agree with you. These last two games if those qb’s were competent and/or had some time to pass then JMU would have yielded some yards. We have Lance, Johnson, Volson, et al. Add in a Watson, Sproles AND Keporous? They gonna have their hands full.

But never mind all that. What I REALLY want for Christmas is for Cignetti of some other program person to say some stupid shit publicly so that 91 gets irritated. Please?

That is why it’s called “speculation”... ;)

GreenfieldBison
12-23-2019, 03:07 AM
That is why it’s called “speculation”... ;)

It’s all I know how to do.

Couldn’t you respond in a more aggressive manner and try to offend me so that we could start pissing on each other’s legs?

heffray
12-23-2019, 03:13 AM
It’s all I know how to do.

Couldn’t you respond in a more aggressive manner and try to offend me so that we could start pissing on each other’s legs?

Deep down, I just want everyone to get along.

GreenfieldBison
12-23-2019, 03:16 AM
Deep down, I just want everyone to get along.

Ok fine. I’ll buy the first brew in Frisco. Where at?

BisonAlumni
12-23-2019, 03:24 AM
Over/under on Sproles being back?

HerdThat!
12-23-2019, 03:25 AM

JMU Fans be like

oldmantutters
12-23-2019, 03:27 AM
Over/under on Sproles being back?I'm not much of a gambler but I'd have to say 0.5 Phoenix Sproles would be the over/under.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

HerdThat!
12-23-2019, 03:27 AM

(continued)
JMU fans be like

HerdThat!
12-23-2019, 03:28 AM

(cont)
JMU fans be like

Bisman
12-23-2019, 03:29 AM
Over/under on Sproles being back?

Coach Entz already said he would be ready in the press conference.

GreenfieldBison
12-23-2019, 03:29 AM
I'm not much of a gambler but I'd have to say 0.5 Phoenix Sproles would be the over/under.

Matt Entz says 1.0. Reference Saturday post game presser.

oldmantutters
12-23-2019, 03:30 AM
Matt Entz says 1.0. Reference Saturday post game presser.Yeah but who the fuck wants a push?

GreenfieldBison
12-23-2019, 03:31 AM
Yeah but who the fuck wants a push?

You need his phone #?

heffray
12-23-2019, 03:37 AM
Ok fine. I’ll buy the first brew in Frisco. Where at?

Unfortunately I won’t make it down this year. But let me know next home game you’re around, I’m game.

wagsabison
12-23-2019, 10:32 AM
Braylon Henderson had his 4th game against Montana State correct? If so that’s too bad as he could add some depth out there but probably not worth burning a shirt for 1 game. I think he will tear it up next year alongside Sproles and Watson.

Plus throw in Mathis and his height. If he can make some similar progress as Watson from Freshman year to sophomore year our depth at wideout is going to be crazy good.

Professor Chaos
12-23-2019, 11:05 AM
Yeah but who the fuck wants a push?

This guy???

http://mediafiles.parentscanada.com/Images/kid-sad-sitting-on-swing-240x240.jpg

BisonAlumni
12-23-2019, 12:31 PM
Coach Entz already said he would be ready in the press conference. So I will give you even odds.

Didn't watch the presser and didn't see the Sproles bit posted any where yet. Looking forward to Sproles and Watson crushing it!

Professor Chaos
12-23-2019, 01:09 PM
Josh Hayes is the guy I'd be most worried about health wise... after the game it sounded like Entz was concerned about the severity of his injury but didn't want to speculate about his availability for Frisco so it seems like it's more than just a standard bump or bruise. After the starters it seems like there's a pretty big drop off when it comes to CB and JMU has two really good WRs in Stapleton and Polk. Hopefullly Talbert is up to the challenge if Hayes can't go.

heffray
12-23-2019, 01:52 PM
Josh Hayes is the guy I'd be most worried about health wise... after the game it sounded like Entz was concerned about the severity of his injury but didn't want to speculate about his availability for Frisco so it seems like it's more than just a standard bump or bruise. After the starters it seems like there's a pretty big drop off when it comes to CB and JMU has two really good WRs in Stapleton and Polk. Hopefullly Talbert is up to the challenge if Hayes can't go.

Even if Hayes can go, Stapleton will win some of those battles. Maybe even most of them.

KNOW IT ALL
12-23-2019, 02:08 PM
Just like last Saturday, ITS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE, You have a very talented offense and if you simply let them 'play to win' you just might WIN. The Geico Caveman learned a lot from Ill. game to MSU last weekend, Simply get out of your teams way. Remember, "Its so easy even a Caveman can do it"!!!!!

MankatoBison
12-23-2019, 02:18 PM
CAN NDSU END THE DUKE DYNASTY?!

JMU will be ready for NDSU. The CAA is significantly more physical than the MV so playing the Bison will be exactly like playing Elon or Deleware or UNH. Even if NDSU were to, by some miracle, win the game, it will not end the #DukesDynasty , but rather, just a temporary blip in the #DukesDynasty . Lets all be clear, NO ONE can ever TRULY stop the #DukesDynasty

Bison 4 Life
12-23-2019, 02:22 PM

JMU will be ready for NDSU. The CAA is significantly more physical than the MV so playing the Bison will be exactly like playing Elon or Deleware or UNH. Even if NDSU were to, by some miracle, win the game, it will not end the #DukesDynasty , but rather, just a temporary blip in the #DukesDynasty . Lets all be clear, NO ONE can ever TRULY stop the #DukesDynasty

Well NDSU got extremely lucky in 2017, or so I heard.

EC8CH
12-23-2019, 02:33 PM
Well NDSU got extremely lucky in 2017, or so I heard.

To be fair, NDSU is no Colgate.

Bison 4 Life
12-23-2019, 02:40 PM
To be fair, NDSU is no Colgate.

To hear them, we're basically Rhode Island.

VirginiaBison
12-23-2019, 02:52 PM

Well, if they were playing Colgate, the DukeDynasty would be at an end. Colgate and the Dukes combined have a Natty win, right? Colgate ended the Dukes string of Natty wins.

Vet70
12-23-2019, 02:56 PM
I want JMU to be favored and know NDSU doesn’t have a chance.

MNLonghorn10
12-23-2019, 02:58 PM
I want JMU to be favored and know NDSU doesn’t have a chance.Lol at the thought of ndsu being underdogs in FCS. Whens the last time that happened? 2010?

Vet70
12-23-2019, 03:09 PM
Lol at the thought of ndsu being underdogs in FCS. Whens the last time that happened? 2010?

Christmas wish list.

Vet70
12-23-2019, 03:26 PM
Let Lance be Lance.

HerdBot
12-23-2019, 03:30 PM
This is going to be a whale of a game

Professor Chaos
12-23-2019, 03:39 PM
Massey has NDSU rated 29th and JMU rated 38th of all D1 football teams. So, based on his ratings, this FCS championship matchup is a better one than 25 out of the 39 FBS bowl games.

Mr Pep Band
12-23-2019, 03:42 PM
Massey has NDSU rated 29th and JMU rated 38th of all D1 football teams. So, based on his ratings, this FCS championship matchup is a better one than 25 out of the 39 FBS bowl games.

No surprise there. Most bowel games are garbage and lopsided......typically.

KNOW IT ALL
12-23-2019, 04:01 PM

Ok, so it's the 16th best FBS bowl game of the year. I'm a bit perplexed by this Saragin rating stuff. "If I hand pick my 2-3 best oranges, they taste as good as my 5th or 6th best Apple, REALLY they do"!!! It's FCS people, and we are either the 1st or 2nd best team again this year. Go Bison!!!

bisonaudit
12-23-2019, 04:18 PM
Ok, so it's the 16th best FBS bowl game of the year. I'm a bit perplexed by this Saragin rating stuff. "If I hand pick my 2-3 best oranges, they taste as good as my 5th or 6th best Apple, REALLY they do"!!! It's FCS people, and we are either the 1st or 2nd best team again this year. Go Bison!!!

It seems like the other option is to ignore the results of games between FBS and FCS schools which, I think it’s fair to say, would result in less predictive ratings. Really, it would probably be better if teams at all levels were included.

DCinOK
12-23-2019, 05:33 PM
Let Lance be Lance.

Exactly. A Lance-focused play can never be wrong.

Bison 4 Life
12-23-2019, 05:48 PM
Exactly. A Lance-focused play can never be wrong.

He's the best player on the field. It's going to be magical.

wagsabison
12-23-2019, 06:21 PM

Talbert has had a season to improve. I believe it was him that looked rough against Davis but held his own this past weekend.

TAILG8R
12-23-2019, 06:39 PM
Talbert has had a season to improve. I believe it was him that looked rough against Davis but held his own this past weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkHe looked better. Still scary to think how many tackles he's whiffed on this year. Like you said he's had a season, maybe he's improved.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Bison 4 Life
12-23-2019, 06:54 PM
He looked better. Still scary to think how many tackles he's whiffed on this year. Like you said he's had a season, maybe he's improved.

I remember Robbie Grimsley having a rough start too.

G_Funky
12-23-2019, 07:08 PM

IMO could be one of the biggest factors of this game. I guess the silver lining is that all our corners CB3-whomever seem to be equally as skilled. So if one doesnt work out we can just start throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks.

TAILG8R
12-23-2019, 07:25 PM
I remember Robbie Grimsley having a rough start too.Very true

Professor Chaos
12-23-2019, 07:42 PM
Lol at the thought of ndsu being underdogs in FCS. Whens the last time that happened? 2010?
12/23/2019 is now the last time that happened. JMU opens as 2 point favorites according to the Vegas Insider consensus: https://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/line-movement/james-madison-@-north-dakota-state.cfm/date/01-11-20#BT

Although it looks like the only books to have the game on the board are Circa Sports who has JMU as a 2 point favorite and William Hill who has it as a pick 'em. The big boys like the Westgate Superbook and the MGM haven't put in the board yet.

Bison 4 Life
12-23-2019, 07:52 PM
12/23/2019 is now the last time that happened. JMU opens as 2 point favorites according to the Vegas Insider consensus: https://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/line-movement/james-madison-@-north-dakota-state.cfm/date/01-11-20#BT

Although it looks like the only books to have the game on the board are Circa Sports who has JMU as a 2 point favorite and William Hill who has it as a pick 'em. The big boys like the Westgate Superbook and the MGM haven't put in the board yet.

free money. Nice.

KNOW IT ALL
12-23-2019, 07:58 PM
Open up the offense like they did last weekend and let the chips fall... spreading the field is to the Bison's favor. Trying to push JMU around between the tackles would be another quarter final replay. Trey can take it to the house on any given play or formation, let your athlete's play and may the best team win!!! I have this game at EVEN $$.

Vet70
12-23-2019, 08:18 PM
Quite honestly I will be surprised if we win this one.

StL Bison Fan
12-23-2019, 08:19 PM

Who are you? And why are you using Vets account?

NDSUSR
12-23-2019, 08:32 PM
Dinucci plays very different after he gets hit a few times. I hope we bring some pressure and put him on his ass a few times in the 1st quarter.

GreenfieldBison
12-23-2019, 08:36 PM
Dinucci plays very different after he gets hit a few times. I hope we bring some pressure and put him on his ass a few times in the 1st quarter.

I sanction this plan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
12-23-2019, 08:58 PM
Bison open as a 1.5 point favorite on 5dimes... can't get any closer to a pick 'em than that without being one. O/U of 55.5.

Bison 4 Life
12-23-2019, 09:02 PM
Bison open as a 1.5 point favorite on 5dimes... can't get any closer to a pick 'em than that without being one. O/U of 55.5.

Cool. I'd bet the Bison with zero points every day. Our schedules are absolutely =/=

89MTBISON
12-23-2019, 09:45 PM

He's past due for a multiple INT game.

bisonaudit
12-23-2019, 10:33 PM
He's past due for a multiple INT game.

Its a good thing that’s not a thing.

89MTBISON
12-23-2019, 10:57 PM
Its a good thing that’s not a thing.

Evidence of a thing is....evidence. No evidence of a thing is....not evidence. What's your evidence? Here's mine.
https://www.google.com/search?q=jmu+vs+colgate+2018&oq=jmu+vs+colgate&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.4668j0j7&client=tablet-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#sie=m;/g/11h1rt6np6;6;/g/11ckvnrr7z;dt;fp;1;;

CAS4127
12-23-2019, 11:01 PM

Also need to contain him in the pocket, yet still pressure him/make him throw without having a lot of time. His history is to press/make poor decisions when under pressure.

CAS4127
12-23-2019, 11:03 PM

Help me out—I ask you cuz you’re always a good resource—>who is the cartoon character he Denucci resembles? I wanna say it’s like a mad-scientist with a quasi porno stash??? I just can’t put my finger on it, but can picture it.

89MTBISON
12-23-2019, 11:10 PM
Help me out—I ask you cuz you’re always a good resource—>who is the cartoon character he Denucci resembles? I wanna say it’s like a mad-scientist with a quasi porno stash??? I just can’t put my finger on it, but can picture it.

9167 Ten. Characters

CAS4127
12-23-2019, 11:12 PM
9167 Ten. Characters

Nope, that’s not it. The one I’m thinking of/picturing has black hair and stash.

Christopher Moen
12-23-2019, 11:12 PM

Boris Badenov?

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/muc/images/2/20/Boris_Badenov.png/revision/latest?cb=20180419230035

89MTBISON
12-23-2019, 11:22 PM
Twins separated at birth. Sorry I have no idea how to post larger image.

bisonaudit
12-23-2019, 11:23 PM
Evidence of a thing is....evidence. No evidence of a thing is....not evidence. What's your evidence? Here's mine.
https://www.google.com/search?q=jmu+vs+colgate+2018&oq=jmu+vs+colgate&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0l3.4668j0j7&client=tablet-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#sie=m;/g/11h1rt6np6;6;/g/11ckvnrr7z;dt;fp;1;;

Due theory is not a thing. That isn't how evidence works.

EC8CH
12-23-2019, 11:24 PM

https://video.sibnet.ru/upload/cover/video_428810_0.jpg

KSBisonFan
12-23-2019, 11:26 PM
Special teams will decide this one. Relieved or scared? Discuss.

89MTBISON
12-23-2019, 11:28 PM
Due theory is not a thing. That isn't how evidence works.

The best predictor of future behavior is......past behavior. Get on the homer bandwagon audit!

CAS4127
12-23-2019, 11:29 PM
Boris Badenov?

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/muc/images/2/20/Boris_Badenov.png/revision/latest?cb=20180419230035

This is close, but the one I’m thinking of has a narrower/pinhead look, and stach starts under nose, is thin, and barely goes outside of nose.

Note that I am using they way D looked in last game, not his roster pic.

This is bugging me.

Christopher Moen
12-23-2019, 11:39 PM
This is close, but the one I’m thinking of has a narrower/pinhead look, and stach starts under nose, is thin, and barely goes outside of nose.

Note that I am using they way D looked in last game, not his roster pic.

This is bugging me.

Snidely Whiplash?

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/villains/images/4/4d/Snidely_Whiplash.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20191001233947

89MTBISON
12-23-2019, 11:41 PM
Not sure this is even allowable today.

CAS4127
12-23-2019, 11:44 PM
Snidely Whiplash?

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/villains/images/4/4d/Snidely_Whiplash.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20191001233947

That might be it, but I don’t remember that hat.

CAS4127
12-23-2019, 11:55 PM

Lmao!!

Vet70
12-23-2019, 11:56 PM

Beat me to it.

bisonaudit
12-23-2019, 11:58 PM
The best predictor of future behavior is......past behavior. Get on the homer bandwagon audit!

Being more likely is not the same as due. Also, they're turnovers, there's some skill in avoiding them but also a lot of luck so when your evidence is one game that would have to be regressed a lot.

89MTBISON
12-24-2019, 12:34 AM
Being more likely is not the same as due. Also, they're turnovers, there's some skill in avoiding them but also a lot of luck so when your evidence is one game that would have to be regressed a lot.

Then Snidely's luck is about to run out.

mtoutfitter
12-24-2019, 12:44 AM

Yosemite Sam??

1998braves64
12-24-2019, 01:01 AM
Captain Hook?

Jafar from alladin?

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

56BISON73
12-24-2019, 02:46 AM

https://i.imgur.com/d0SDGyI.jpg

56BISON73
12-24-2019, 02:47 AM
https://i.imgur.com/uGR9kjR.jpg

CAS4127
12-24-2019, 02:14 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191224/c97f4c150fba6672128836392e84acfa.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191224/1b62e3cec102660969396b0d26d76ec4.jpg

CAS4127
12-24-2019, 02:18 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191224/052ba01b5c1154e512e7125f7977f0a1.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191224/a01ecfb09c85fa36988fe24cf7d44ecf.jpg

ndsubison1
12-24-2019, 02:51 PM
Whats Hayes injury?

Bison 4 Life
12-24-2019, 03:26 PM
Whats Hayes injury?

Some vague knee thing. Entz has been quiet on it so far.

MNLonghorn10
12-24-2019, 04:19 PM
Sooo when ndsu is favored with a bunch of freshmen and sophomore and juniors being impact players, it's safe to say if they win this one that theyll win the next 2 quite easily.

ndsubison1
12-24-2019, 04:27 PM
Sooo when ndsu is favored with a bunch of freshmen and sophomore and juniors being impact players, it's safe to say if they win this one that theyll win the next 2 quite easily.

Some Vegas books opened JMU as fav. But you have a point, JMU is experienced. Most of ours are underclassmen. Once we beat Oregon will another FBS team schedule us again? haha

Buffalo.Rider
12-24-2019, 04:27 PM
Odds makers put this game even.

Vegas Insider favors JMU by a point
Maddux Sports favors NDSU by 2.5 points.

Game might be decided by mistakes and turnovers, or special teams.

Buffalo.Rider
12-24-2019, 04:30 PM
Hope NDSU does not go into Frisco taking JMU too lightly, or feeling the game is already won.
As much as any opponent this year, JMU deserves significant respect. They are a good team, well coached.

The Illinois State game was a wake-up call. Response was a Montana State thrashing. JMU will be a quite a bit tougher, likely will bring it until no time left.

NDSUSR
12-24-2019, 06:10 PM
Every starter for JMU is either a senior or junior. 100%.

Buffalo.Rider
12-24-2019, 06:31 PM
Every starter for JMU is either a senior or junior. 100%.

That should mean, in general, stronger physically, less prone to mistakes during a game, more disciplined, less likely to be intimidated, and more judicious on when to play with aggressive reckless abandon (than when they were Fr and Sophs).

heffray
12-24-2019, 07:45 PM
That should mean, in general, stronger physically, less prone to mistakes during a game, more disciplined, less likely to be intimidated, and more judicious on when to play with aggressive reckless abandon (than when they were Fr and Sophs).

It “SHOULD”... but watching them in the playoffs this year, they appear to take a lot of cheap shots that could get flagged.

17>1
12-24-2019, 09:00 PM
Sorry if already mentioned, but I'm speculating we see all green in Frisco. Those uniforms with the yellow trim look awesome!!

BadlandsBison
12-24-2019, 09:18 PM
They don't look as strong as the last two times we played imo. Still a very very good team that could beat us.

HerdistheWord
12-24-2019, 09:53 PM
Hope NDSU does not go into Frisco taking JMU too lightly, or feeling the game is already won.
As much as any opponent this year, JMU deserves significant respect. They are a good team, well coached.

The Illinois State game was a wake-up call. Response was a Montana State thrashing. JMU will be a quite a bit tougher, likely will bring it until no time left.

There is no way anyone on NDSU is taking them lightly.

primespareribs
12-24-2019, 10:24 PM
Speculation...

Zeb in the shotgun, Lance lined up as a WR opposite Christian Watson. Watson takes the Jet sweep and pitches to Lance on the reverse, Lance gets to the far numbers and can either hit Sproles for a TD or turn it upfield and run it in himself. Watson beats either one to the end zone and throws the block to seal the score.

Bison 4 Life
12-24-2019, 10:45 PM
Speculation...

Zeb in the shotgun, Lance lined up as a WR opposite Christian Watson. Watson takes the Jet sweep and pitches to Lance on the reverse, Lance gets to the far numbers and can either hit Sproles for a TD or turn it upfield and run it in himself. Watson beats either one to the end zone and throws the block to seal the score.

I literally read this as throwing it to himself downfield.

WeAreThePride
12-24-2019, 10:55 PM
I literally read this as throwing it to himself downfield.

With what he’s done, you don’t think he could?

GreenfieldBison
12-24-2019, 11:06 PM
With what he’s done, you don’t think he could?

Will not bet against him.

Bison03
12-25-2019, 07:13 PM
I guarantee that Roehl and the offense will have some plays we haven’t seen. Not that we have to stray away from what we’ve been doing or need trick plays to win, but its always good to have some new wrinkles. Voitlander fake punt, Crocket jump pass, even the unsuccessful pass back to Wentz. We’ve done it before.

Bison 4 Life
12-25-2019, 07:15 PM
JMU has some of the wildest unearned mystique of any program I've ever seen.

We'll have:

The best player on the field
The bigger crowd
The more experienced coaching staff
The tougher schedule

Why is this game a pick 'em?

Vet70
12-25-2019, 07:36 PM
Their players are more experienced. Their defense is slightly better. If streamers were allowed we would really be-in trouble.

MinotBison
12-25-2019, 07:37 PM
JMU has some of the wildest unearned mystique of any program I've ever seen.

We'll have:

The best player on the field
The bigger crowd
The more experienced coaching staff
The tougher schedule

Why is this game a pick 'em?

:nod: :nod: :nod:

Bison 4 Life
12-25-2019, 08:43 PM
Their players are more experienced. Their defense is slightly better. If streamers were allowed we would really be-in trouble.

Why is their defense slightly better? I'm not sure how to measure that.

scottietohottie
12-25-2019, 08:47 PM

Quality FBS loss

El_Chapo
12-25-2019, 08:57 PM

being from texas i cant believe they wouldnt save him to play in hometown. but hes a team player. so cool

heffray
12-25-2019, 09:05 PM

Mostly eye test, size, and run yds allowed (in the CAA)...

Vet70
12-25-2019, 09:12 PM

Much better against the run with about 2 yards a try. It hinges on Tre’s ability to light it up. If he can’t we are in trouble. Two NFL caliber D ends.

NDSU92
12-25-2019, 09:20 PM
Well the CAA is a worse conference than the Missouri Valley and rushing is the strength of the Valley so...

Bison 4 Life
12-25-2019, 09:21 PM
Well the CAA is a worse conference than the Missouri Valley and rushing is the strength of the Valley so...

Bingo

10char

Vet70
12-25-2019, 09:26 PM

Two years ago we only managed 2.8 yards a try and that makes me nervous with thier average this year.

scottietohottie
12-25-2019, 09:35 PM
Two years ago we only managed 2.8 yards a try and that makes me nervous with tHeir average this year.

Do you run the ball much in the caa when you're down 20 or more to jmu?

GreenfieldBison
12-25-2019, 09:36 PM
Two years ago we only managed two yards a try and that makes me nervous with tHeir average this year.

So I think their secondary is a bit weaker this year than back in 17. Further I believe our WR core and the crew chiefs are a bit stronger. While it pains me to say it I also think that Trey is a bit better passer than Easton was in 17. All that leads me to believe that this version of the Bison can loosen up that D with some over to top stuff and create vulnerability to the run game.

What say you?

scottietohottie
12-25-2019, 09:36 PM
How did Villanova and stony brock do rushing against jmu?

Vet70
12-25-2019, 09:39 PM
Do you run the ball much in the caa when you're down 20 or more to jmu?

You might be down 20 or more in part because you can’t run the ball.

Vet70
12-25-2019, 09:41 PM
What say you?

I hope so.

scottietohottie
12-25-2019, 09:46 PM
You might be down 20 or more in part because you can’t run the ball.

Stony brock had a 108 yard rusher.

Bison 4 Life
12-25-2019, 09:47 PM
Shades of Colgate's #1 defense.

Vet70
12-25-2019, 09:48 PM
How did Villanova and stony brock do rushing against jmu?

Lousy.....No one else did hardly anything except the one 108 yard rusher.

Bison 4 Life
12-25-2019, 09:54 PM
Yet somehow they gave up 8 more TDs than our defense this year.

I'll take our offense against their defense over their offense against our defense.

heffray
12-25-2019, 11:26 PM
Bottom line: JMU D has 3 weeks to prepare and the talent to execute a plan that ‘could’ prevent NDSU’s offense from imposing their will. I think if either team executes perfectly, that will be the difference... The fact that most teams don’t execute perfectly, especially against good competition, it points more and more toward special teams and turnovers being the difference.

Here’s to perfect execution! :cheers:

CAS4127
12-26-2019, 12:23 AM
Bottom line: JMU D has 3 weeks to prepare and the talent to execute a plan that ‘could’ prevent NDSU’s offense from imposing their will. I think if either team executes perfectly, that will be the difference... The fact that most teams don’t execute perfectly, especially against good competition, it points more and more toward special teams and turnovers being the difference.

Here’s to perfect execution! :cheers:

Can’t disagree with much of that.

Any chance Bussey could be an X-factor? One little seam and “we-gone”!!

heffray
12-26-2019, 12:35 AM

If NDSU can establish any kind of run against JMU, I’ll take it. I suspect both teams will look solid against the run early. It will be interesting to see if either O-line can wear down the other team’s D-line late in the game and sway the tide.

Bisman
12-26-2019, 01:24 AM

I think Kobe or Jalen could take it to the house anytime.
Jalen has played four games right? I know Coach Entz was hoping not to pull his redshirt.
Christian could take it to the house anytime too.
Our field goal and punt teams will have to be ready for max pressure every time.

CAS4127
12-26-2019, 01:25 AM
If NDSU can establish any kind of run against JMU, I’ll take it. I suspect both teams will look solid against the run early. It will be interesting to see if either O-line can wear down the other team’s D-line late in the game and sway the tide.

I really don’t see either team wearing the other down. We don’t do that much anymore and don’t think JMU will do that to us.

I see chunk/major yard plays being the difference, although I’d go crazy if we were able to grind out a run game.

EC8CH
12-26-2019, 01:29 AM
Jalen has played four games right? I know Coach Entz was hoping not to pull his redshirt.
Our field goal and punt teams will have to be ready for max pressure every time.

Brooks too. He's been running like a man possessed lately.

oldmantutters
12-26-2019, 02:16 AM
Brooks too. He's been running like a man possessed lately.Here's been running with more power this year, so much fun to watch.

HerdistheWord
12-26-2019, 02:19 AM

Has Bussey played special teams. I only recall him playing one game and that was against USD, I think...

Bussey got a little banged up after that.

heffray
12-26-2019, 02:24 AM
I really don’t see either team wearing the other down. We don’t do that much anymore and don’t think JMU will do that to us.

I see chunk/major yard plays being the difference, although I’d go crazy if we were able to grind out a run game.

Sounds about right... A lot like ‘17 where the Darius bomb was the difference and really the only big play...

GreenfieldBison
12-26-2019, 02:29 AM

He should be available...

Bisman
12-26-2019, 02:51 AM
Has Bussey played special teams. I only recall him playing one game and that was against USD, I think...

Bussey got a little banged up after that.

I don't know. EC8CH has been keeping track of that.

KSBisonFan
12-26-2019, 11:50 AM

Pretty sure Bussey has only played 1 game.

EC8CH
12-26-2019, 12:23 PM
Pretty sure Bussey has only played 1 game.

Yes. One game. Only 2 players can lose their redshirts by playing in championship, Henderson, or Will Mostaert.

Mr Meaty
12-26-2019, 01:10 PM
I really think this game is going to come down to which side takes care of the ball, makes the needed adjustments and executes at a high level. Them teams are about as close as you can get. By far should be the most competitive championship since we last played JMU. Take the under in this game if betting.

WeAreThePride
12-26-2019, 01:46 PM
I really think this game is going to come down to which side takes care of the ball, makes the needed adjustments and executes at a high level. Them teams are about as close as you can get. By far should be the most competitive championship since we last played JMU. Take the under in this game if betting.

Zero interceptions is a good predictor for taking care of the ball.

BisonNeil
12-26-2019, 02:35 PM

Apparently it’s all going to come down to revenge.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R8F3NbmMPoU

Bison 4 Life
12-26-2019, 02:37 PM

Revenge for what?

heffray
12-26-2019, 02:46 PM
Revenge for what?

Shit JMU fans say: “You’re insecure and obsessed with us...

...”

WeAreThePride
12-26-2019, 02:51 PM

Implying that if you look into the future, there are 14 MILLION scenarios, and JMU only wins in one of them.

I like those odds.

EC8CH
12-26-2019, 03:03 PM
Shit JMU fans say: “You’re insecure and obsessed with us...

...”

Avengers don't throw streamers.

Vet70
12-26-2019, 03:35 PM
Revenge for what?

Exactly. They cost us a championship in 2016 and we got revenge in 2017. So now they want revenge for our revenge.? This doesn't make sense unless we hurt their feeling by interrupting their dynasty. But wait. ESPN does not refer to their run as a dynasty. This is all getting so confusing.

EC8CH
12-26-2019, 03:40 PM
Exactly. They cost us a championship in 2016 and we got revenge in 2017. So now they want revenge for our revenge.? This doesn't make sense unless we hurt their feeling by interrupting their dynasty. But wait. ESPN does not refer to their run as a dynasty. This is all getting so confusing.

Must be revenge for the streamers ban us Bison fans are responsible for.

Mr Pep Band
12-26-2019, 03:42 PM
#revenge (lol, revenge for what!?! getting beat in the Natty? revenge on NDSU, who got revenge on JMU?)

ten char...

Mr Pep Band
12-26-2019, 03:46 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/13253a8c3a4d1436d2db50faa97a6b3d/tenor.gif?itemid=12562540

DCinOK
12-26-2019, 03:53 PM
They beat us in '16 in the Fargodome because the dome-covered confines of the facility gave the game a locked-in-a-bathroom feel, where the dookies feel most comfortable. Toyota Stadium in Frisco is open air, so we're good.

NodakGreg
12-27-2019, 12:04 AM
Special teams will decide this one. Relieved or scared? Discuss.

Your spot on KSBison Fan. It scares me... if it comes down for 35 yard kick from our kicker we are toast. They have great special teams and we only had 1 good qtr final game that our special teams played great, best all year.
Turnovers, a big play, and Special teams is the difference. I hope Entz knows not to kick it to their return players in the air, knuckle ball line drives only or on the ground is a must. Their kicker can nail a 45 yarder or more if needed, hes very good.
So don't let it come down to a special team FG!!
We are young, they are hungry older D1 Transfers who want this bad, so our boys, best play a clean game or our freshman and sophomores will get beat.
1 big play, 1 turnover makes this game.....oh boy.... going to be a Nut Cracker of a Game, or from words of from Coach stiggy in Brookings, Holy Nutmeg, its going to be a dogfight.
Low score 21-17, or 28-27. Hope its Bison on top!
UNI coach says Bison are more talented and show be able to bring a tough defense to the game that they have not faced all year..... We have a high powered offense to match, so that being said, don't let this come down to a freaking FG!!! Nervous as hell Bison Fan.

Go Fargo South!
NodakBisman.

Vet70
12-27-2019, 12:34 AM
JMU kicker 56/68 for 82.35%. Junior 46 yards long for career, 44 yards this year. There is plenty to be worried about here.

Bison 4 Life
12-27-2019, 12:35 AM
56/68 for 82.35%. Junior 46 yards long for career, 44 yards this year. There is plenty to be worried about here.

So what you're telling us is that you're worried about this game. I never knew.

Vet70
12-27-2019, 12:39 AM
So what you're telling us is that you're worried about this game. I never knew.

Just a reminder.

TAILG8R
12-27-2019, 12:49 AM
JMU kicker 56/68 for 82.35%. Junior 46 yards long for career, 44 yards this year. There is plenty to be worried about here.I guess I look at a miss rate of 18% and think that's not all that great of a year. Being able to hit from around 45 is solid though. Put him in a pressure situation from 40+ and it's not automatic.

CAS4127
12-27-2019, 01:03 AM
I guess I look at a miss rate of 18% and think that's not all that great of a year. Being able to hit from around 45 is solid though. Put him in a pressure situation from 40+ and it's not automatic.

Well, feels like we could have put on circus music at Dome for our EXPs and field goals this year, although we did give JMU a new look for our spread EXPs by passing out of it against MSU, and, dare I say without getting ripped, that I predicted that was coming. Plus we should have had two passing EXPs. Hendricks rolled to his left and threw behind TE on second attempt. That’s two more points, which could mean a lot against JMU.

Maybe do the stretch on FG attempts against JMU???

NorthernBison
12-27-2019, 01:04 AM
I guess I look at a miss rate of 18% and think that's not all that great of a year. Being able to hit from around 45 is solid though. Put him in a pressure situation from 40+ and it's not automatic.

Career numbers.

Be interesting to know the length of the missed attempts.

Twincitybizon
12-27-2019, 01:09 AM
Well, feels like we could have put on circus music at Dome for our EXPs and field goals this year, although we did give JMU a new look for our spread EXPs by passing out of it against MSU, and, dare I say without getting ripped, that I predicted that was coming. Plus we should have had two passing EXPs. Hendricks rolled to his left and threw behind TE on second attempt. That’s two more points, which could mean a lot against JMU.

Could also pass to the kicker if we believe he can catch. The opposition is begging us to try. We had 4 blockers +the kicker vs their 3 defenders last game.

TAILG8R
12-27-2019, 01:17 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYes our SPT is a damn circus to be sure.
Career numbers.

Be interesting to know the length of the missed attempts.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkDidn't realize those were career numbers but looking back at the number of attempts that should have been obvious.

Bottom line is our kicking game is way more of a concern then theirs but I would say outside of a small handful of kids field goal kicking at the college level is always a bit questionable.

KSBisonFan
12-27-2019, 01:31 AM
Your spot on KSBison Fan. It scares me... if it comes down for 35 yard kick from our kicker we are toast. They have great special teams and we only had 1 good qtr final game that our special teams played great, best all year.
Turnovers, a big play, and Special teams is the difference. I hope Entz knows not to kick it to their return players in the air, knuckle ball line drives only or on the ground is a must. Their kicker can nail a 45 yarder or more if needed, hes very good.
So don't let it come down to a special team FG!!
We are young, they are hungry older D1 Transfers who want this bad, so our boys, best play a clean game or our freshman and sophomores will get beat.
1 big play, 1 turnover makes this game.....oh boy.... going to be a Nut Cracker of a Game, or from words of from Coach stiggy in Brookings, Holy Nutmeg, its going to be a dogfight.
Low score 21-17, or 28-27. Hope its Bison on top!
UNI coach says Bison are more talented and show be able to bring a tough defense to the game that they have not faced all year..... We have a high powered offense to match, so that being said, don't let this come down to a freaking FG!!! Nervous as hell Bison Fan.

Go Fargo South!
NodakBisman.

For all the anxiety I have when it comes to our FG/XP issues, I feel like Wegner, Heit, Bussey or Kobe are due to contribute to a winning play that wins the game for us. JMU gave up a huge return to Monmouth and our return guys have been very close to breaking one on countless returns this year. Penalties have negated some of the big returns, which leads to the secondary key to winning.......minimizing penalties!

Bison 4 Life
12-27-2019, 01:33 AM
Can we stop shit talking the kicker who needed to make two from 33 and 38 in a game where the offense did fuck all to even get us here?

NDSU92
12-27-2019, 01:36 AM
For all the anxiety I have when it comes to our FG/XP issues, I feel like Wegner, Heit, Bussey or Kobe are due to contribute to a winning play that wins the game for us. JMU gave up a huge return to Monmouth and our return guys have been very close to breaking one on countless returns this year. Penalties have negated some of the big returns, which leads to the secondary key to winning.......minimizing penalties!

Heit is a madman. I don’t know how he hasn’t gotten himself killed. Like literally lights his hair on fire and dares the gunners to kill him type of crazy.

Funny thing is first half of the year I hated it. Now he’s proven he’s reliable and I absolutely love it. There are times where he’s gotten 20-30 yards from thin air.

EC8CH
12-27-2019, 01:40 AM
Heit is a madman. I don’t know how he hasn’t gotten himself killed. Like literally lights his hair on fire and dares the gunners to kill him type of crazy.

Funny thing is first half of the year I hated it. Now he’s proven he’s reliable and I absolutely love it. There are times where he’s gotten 20-30 yards from thin air.

Agreed.

Would like to see Johnson and Watson back on kick returns.

Bison 4 Life
12-27-2019, 01:40 AM

he's got a lot of Eric Perkins in him and I fucking love it.

NDSU92
12-27-2019, 01:44 AM
Agreed.

Would like to see Johnson and Watson back on kick returns.

Watson on a kickoff with Heit’s disregard for his own physical well-being would be nuts.

CAS4127
12-27-2019, 01:50 AM
Watson on a kickoff with Heit’s disregard for his own physical well-being would be nuts.

Don’t like Watson on kick returns—long legs lead to knee injuries. Like Heit’s reckless abandon mode tho.

El_Chapo
12-27-2019, 05:15 AM
Im still worried about Coaching decisions and clock management to be honest in a tight game. Not adjusting (see the illinois St or Missouri State game) If something's not working, we need to move on.

Mr Meaty
12-27-2019, 01:26 PM

I think both side will not be trying 40+ yard FG unless it has to happen. There will be plenty of 4th down and XX to go that will be punted or gone for with the offense. I do not see this game being put on the foot of a FG kicker.

scottietohottie
12-27-2019, 01:27 PM
I'd love to see a 2 point conversion. That would mean things are going well.

KSBisonFan
12-27-2019, 01:42 PM
I'd love to see a 2 point conversion. That would mean things are going well.

Or terrible.

Bisonator98
12-27-2019, 02:06 PM
Remember guys "field goals don't beat you" and then our coach keeps sending out the FG unit. :facepalm:

Seriously stop saying that, it's fricking dumb and makes you look like an ass. FG's can and will beat you, see ISUr game as example A.

Bison 4 Life
12-27-2019, 02:37 PM
Remember guys "field goals don't beat you" and then our coach keeps sending out the FG unit. :facepalm:

Seriously stop saying that, it's fricking dumb and makes you look like an ass. FG's can and will beat you, see ISUr game as example A.

ask Mike Houston if FGs win.

Vet70
12-27-2019, 02:47 PM
But FG's are a "win" for the defense. Ask any commentator.

bisonaudit
12-27-2019, 02:52 PM
Not a fan of kicking, generally, however...

You can win the battle but lose the war.

GreenfieldBison
12-27-2019, 02:52 PM
But FG's are a "win" for the defense. Ask any commentator.

If it is kicked from within the red zone then I will agree with those commentators. Especially if the kicking team enjoyed the benefit of a short field due to bad punt, turnover etc.

Vet70
12-27-2019, 03:11 PM
If it is kicked from within the red zone then I will agree with those commentators. Especially if the kicking team enjoyed the benefit of a short field due to bad punt, turnover etc.

True. Just file it under"Things That Bug Vet" along with streamers. At the top of the list is allowing a player back on the team after pleading guilty to a crime of a sexual nature. But I guess that is part of their "culture".

ndsubison1
12-27-2019, 03:21 PM

hes referring to the Bison

GreenfieldBison
12-27-2019, 03:30 PM
True. Just file it under"Things That Bug Vet" along with streamers. At the top of the list is allowing a player back on the team after pleading guilty to a crime of a sexual nature. But I guess that is part of their "culture".

Roger that. Not sure how they (fans, supporters, administration) reconcile that. Culture seems to be a bit rotten if that is acceptable.

Bisonator98
12-27-2019, 04:17 PM
hes referring to the Bison

Again it doesn't make sense, see 2010 Missouri State game as exhibit B. ;)

tjamz
12-27-2019, 04:24 PM

Funny thing is first half of the year I hated it. Now he’s proven he’s reliable and I absolutely love it. There are times where he’s gotten 20-30 yards from thin air.Met the Heit family last game. Super nice people.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Duke Dawg
12-27-2019, 04:57 PM

Ratke nailing a 46 yard fg under pressure? Never seen that before.

Oh, wait. We have.

https://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=21714824&lang=en

Duke Dawg
12-27-2019, 04:59 PM

Yep.
Bottom line is, if either team fails to bring their A game, they will lose.

We feel we brought our C game in 2017 and you guys took advantage of that and deservedly won.

Neither team can afford that this year. Even a B effort is going to result in a loss.

heffray
12-27-2019, 05:06 PM
Yep.

We feel we brought our C game in 2017 and you guys took advantage of that and deservedly won.

Neither team can afford that this year. Even a B effort is going to result in a loss.

Hard to disagree with this... I'd modify your 2017 performance to a B considering your D held the Bison to 0 second-half points. A for Defense, C for Offense, averages out to a B. ;)

That said, the Bison didn't exactly play their best game either, FWIW.

EC8CH
12-27-2019, 05:06 PM
Yep.

What letter game did you bring against Colgate in 2018?

Vet70
12-27-2019, 05:11 PM
Hard to disagree with this... I'd modify your 2017 performance to a B considering your D held the Bison to 0 second-half points. A for Defense, C for Offense, averages out to a B. ;)

That said, the Bison didn't exactly play their best game either, FWIW.

I would grade their offense as a D since they could not catch a pass.

heffray
12-27-2019, 05:15 PM
I would grade their offense as a D since they could not catch a pass.

Averages out to a B minus? ;)

Bison 4 Life
12-27-2019, 05:15 PM
Of course JMU only loses when they don't give all the effort.

heffray
12-27-2019, 05:26 PM
Of course JMU only loses when they don't give all the effort.

If they would play their A game, they would have all the championships.

Professor Chaos
12-27-2019, 06:10 PM
Caesar's/Harrah's opens with JMU as 1.5 favorites. Vegas consensus is leaning towards JMU... kind of surprising but I like it. Puts the players in a looser frame of mind than usual.

https://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/line-movement/james-madison-@-north-dakota-state.cfm/date/01-11-20#BT

TAILG8R
12-27-2019, 06:17 PM
Crazy how the Bison have NEVER beaten anyone that has played up to their potential. In 9 years, 2 30+ winning streaks and 7 National Championships and they've always managed to catch every single team on an off day. That has to be some nearly mathematically impossible shit.

TAILG8R
12-27-2019, 06:18 PM
Ratke nailing a 46 yard fg under pressure? Never seen that before.

Oh, wait. We have.

https://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=21714824&lang=enYep he made one. I said it's not automatic. I guess I haven't looked at every attempt he's had, maybe he has hit every single 40+ yard field goal he's ever tried.

Read my post again and try not to read way too much into it this time.

Herd
12-27-2019, 06:19 PM
Yep.

Brought your C game huh? No, you played against a better defense than you’d seen all year. That’s how it goes. I could say that Ndsu also brought its C game, but that would be insulting to “your” defense.

If your A game is scoring 45, it’s looking like another C performance for your squad.

SDbison
12-27-2019, 11:25 PM
Yep.

Neither team can afford that this year. Even a B effort is going to result in a loss. You are not even close to as good as 2017.........quit the excuses......Bison kick your ass by 3 TDs in this Natty!

bisoneer
12-28-2019, 03:43 AM
I like this plan, get Nolan involved and throw it as a new curve ball to the opposition!

heffray
12-29-2019, 02:05 AM
Anyone know if home / away colors have been announced yet for this game?

Swaghook
12-29-2019, 02:12 AM
Anyone know if home / away colors have been announced yet for this game? I believe I heard the Bison are the home team.

heffray
12-29-2019, 02:17 AM
I believe I heard the Bison are the home team.

Cool, although I was kinda hoping for this look in Frisco (with Snorty):

89MTBISON
12-29-2019, 02:59 AM

This with snorty.

heffray
12-29-2019, 03:16 AM

This with snorty.

In favor of this also!

Bison03
12-29-2019, 05:30 PM
Its crazy to think the green jerseys have never been worn in Frisco.

Vet70
12-29-2019, 05:39 PM
I don't care if they are butt naked as long as they win.

StL Bison Fan
12-29-2019, 05:43 PM

Jmu would complain

Vet70
12-29-2019, 05:46 PM
Jmu would complain

They will complain about anything/everything anyway.

heffray
12-29-2019, 07:16 PM
Its crazy to think the green jerseys have never been worn in Frisco.

Green on green on green baby LETS GOOOOOO

heffray
12-29-2019, 07:17 PM

I also co-sign this... I don’t know what it is, but I’m always interested in color combos.

Professor Chaos
12-29-2019, 07:21 PM
Me either but I'm also super-duper-stitious and they've beat JMU both times they've played them wearing yellow jerseys and lost to them the only time they've played them wearing green jerseys....

Bison"FANatic"
12-29-2019, 07:30 PM

Cheerleaders need to be in solidarity with the team though.

CivilBison96
12-29-2019, 07:32 PM
Me either but I'm also super-duper-stitious and they've beat JMU both times they've played them wearing yellow jerseys and lost to them the only time they've played them wearing green jerseys....

Not sure where you are getting yellow both times they beat them (unless contrast on my screen is way off). In 2017 championship NDSU wore the whites.

Professor Chaos
12-29-2019, 07:34 PM
Not sure where you are getting yellow both times they beat them (unless contrast on my screen is way off). In 2017 championship NDSU wore the whites.
Oh yeah... good call. I guess I should just say they've beaten JMU both times they've played them without the green jerseys on and lost to them the one time they did.

WeAreThePride
12-29-2019, 07:42 PM
Cheerleaders need to be in solidarity with the team though.

This is the way.

heffray
12-29-2019, 07:43 PM
This is the way.

This is the way.

Christopher Moen
12-29-2019, 09:47 PM
Just watched my Denver Broncos score a goal line TD pass with four TEs (one was in the backfield as a FB) in the play. Would love to see NDSU adapt this play.

89MTBISON
12-29-2019, 10:26 PM
The 14 day purely speculation Dallas weather forecast.
https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Dallas+TX?canonicalCityId=3bef7f8bb00708145ceebe38 7a6de1b2098d40101d65836dd79c94d1dfe0c20b

1998braves64
12-29-2019, 11:22 PM
The 14 day purely speculation Dallas weather forecast.
https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Dallas+TX?canonicalCityId=3bef7f8bb00708145ceebe38 7a6de1b2098d40101d65836dd79c94d1dfe0c20bAt least it'll be warm while raining! [emoji3]

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Christopher Moen
12-30-2019, 12:22 AM
Just watched my Denver Broncos score a goal line TD pass with four TEs (one was in the backfield as a FB) in the play. Would love to see NDSU adapt this play.

The play I was referring to can be seen at the end of this clip: http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=28392688

CAS4127
12-30-2019, 12:58 AM
The play I was referring to can be seen at the end of this clip: http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=28392688

Real similar to our FB to flat plays.

SafeTeeJ
12-30-2019, 01:30 AM
This is the way.

I have spoken....

HerdThat!
12-30-2019, 03:15 AM
At least it'll be warm while raining! [emoji3]

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

(Waiting for it....)

EC8CH
12-30-2019, 03:23 AM
(Waiting for it....)

With a 100% chance of thunder!

heffray
12-30-2019, 03:47 AM
I have spoken....

I... I got nothin.

X-Factor
12-30-2019, 12:38 PM
I remember Robbie Grimsley having a rough start too.

Yes. As a true freshman.

X-Factor
12-30-2019, 01:15 PM

I think of this year like 2011, except no specific reference other than class youth

bisonhp330
12-30-2019, 04:54 PM
Green on green on green baby LETS GOOOOOO

Green on Green on Green with Snorty. Done make it happen

heffray
12-30-2019, 07:02 PM
Green on Green on Green with Snorty. Done make it happen

Unbeatable combination.

SoCalBison
12-30-2019, 07:16 PM

Revenge of the Green Jerseys!

Professor Chaos
12-31-2019, 08:16 PM
Betting lines in Vegas continue to trend towards JMU... every sports book with the game on their board now has JMU favored with the consensus being JMU -1.5. Westgate just bumped their spread out to JMU -2.5.

https://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/line-movement/james-madison-@-north-dakota-state.cfm/date/01-11-20#BT

I feel like Mr Burns watching these lines continue to move in favor of JMU...

https://media.giphy.com/media/5nFShZWwq3fdm/giphy.gif

Not that our guys need any motivation for this kind of game but they haven't had that underdog chip on their shoulders since September 2016 in Iowa City.

Vet70
12-31-2019, 08:25 PM
Betting lines in Vegas continue to trend towards JMU... every sports book with the game on their board now has JMU favored with the consensus being JMU -1.5. Westgate just bumped their spread out to JMU -2.5.

I feel like Mr Burns watching these lines continue to move in favor of JMU...

https://media.giphy.com/media/5nFShZWwq3fdm/giphy.gif

Not that our guys need any motivation for this kind of game but they haven't had that underdog chip on their shoulders since September 2016 in Iowa City.

Serious question...do the players pay attention to the beating spreads?

Professor Chaos
12-31-2019, 08:29 PM
I doubt they're watching them at all but I think more things get to their ears that you'd think when it could be perceived as a slight against them. Prior to the semis there were plenty of people scoffing at the fact that Choate's comments about FCOA meant anything other than trying to rile up his administration and boosters but that got to the players' ears.

To be an underdog against an FCS opponent for the first time in 8 years (I think - could be wrong) while you're on a FCS record winning streak is noteworthy I'd say.

Thomas96
12-31-2019, 08:29 PM
Unsure if they pay attention to any beating spreads even if there is such a thing. Being portrayed as underdogs however will be used as motivation.

Vet70
12-31-2019, 08:33 PM
I certainly hope the players find out.