PDA

View Full Version : ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts/Discussion.

Kevin
12-14-2019, 06:48 PM
What a shitshow.

1) I'm not sold on Entz and his interpretation of Bison culture yet. The penalties were better but seeing the team dancing on the sideline before a crucial third down just showed that maybe we're a little too loose.
2) I'm also not sold on TR at this point. I was a huge fan of his play calling in the regular season but the playoffs have felt like a regression. Nothing to the TE's? Two games in a row of jamming it up the middle for 1 yard and refusing to run any outside zones or sweeps. Frustrating.
3) Thank God for Trey Lance. Take away those big 10-15 yard first down runs and the offense looks even worse than it was.
4) Welcome back Crosa and well done.
5) Stout defense and some great moments but it's hard not to look good when a team is that woefully one dimensional. Worse than UNI last night.
6) Great game by Watson. I wish we had gone his way deep more than we did.
7) 9-3, really? MSU is going to come in ready. I hope we can say the same.
8) The streak continues.

WeAreThePride
12-14-2019, 06:50 PM
14-0, baby.

NDSU will score 40 next week.

Kevin
12-14-2019, 06:51 PM
14-0, baby.

NDSU will score 40 next week.

I hope you're right. I'm glad this is the last Valley defense we'll see.

WYOBISONMAN
12-14-2019, 06:52 PM
Jesus, Vigen could call a better offense!

HerdistheWord
12-14-2019, 06:52 PM
Ewww......

23Bison
12-14-2019, 06:53 PM
Honestly this was kind of hard to watch. Other than the W, everything about this weekend was very meh.

Happy with the W. That is all you need to know.

Wally
12-14-2019, 06:53 PM
1. Hideous

2. Hideous

3. Hideous

BiZon22
12-14-2019, 06:54 PM
Same runs over and over again. Let trey throw. He’s an athlete, he’ll make plays.

MontBison
12-14-2019, 06:54 PM
Loved that our offense sucked ass on national TV.

Montana-Bison
12-14-2019, 06:55 PM
We play like this next week we will get beat. I have been to the last two MSU games. Their running game is better than the Redbirds and their quarterback, thought not great, makes better decisions than what we played against today.

Kevin
I watched the games last night. Everyone seemed to have a down performance outside of their season standards.

But if we don't get this figured out on offense the streak is going to end on national TV in an embarrassing fashion. We're going to win by double digits or lose by double digits at this point.

Kevin
We play like this next week we will get beat. I have been to the last two MSU games. Their running game is better than the Redbirds and their quarterback, thought not great, makes better decisions than what we played against today.

It's debatable if we actually played a QB today. It was like a triple option team without two of the options.

tony
12-14-2019, 06:56 PM
Classic Bison football. Why? Because NDSU found a way to win.

Bison_Pride
12-14-2019, 06:56 PM
The only logical explanation is someone on the inside is working a side hustle betting against the spread.

HerdistheWord
12-14-2019, 06:57 PM
Our playaction game is deadly and we need to utilize it. Also, outside runs are a thing.

DCinOK
12-14-2019, 06:58 PM
At least the Bison on the sideline got to dance/wave their arms to some hellish rap/hip hop garbage played in the stadium. Announcers interpreted that as "they're playing loose." I interpreted it as they looked like idiots who did not have their head in the game.

Kevin
12-14-2019, 06:59 PM
At some point TR has to give Trey the keys to this offense. Two weeks now the only good things that happened were because he made it happen.

HerdistheWord
12-14-2019, 07:01 PM
One positive is that Crosa was 3/3 on FG’s. Another is that Christian Watson is a beast.

Loud and Proud Bison fan
12-14-2019, 07:02 PM
I have seen high school teams call better games offensively than this. 1st down run up the middle, 2nd down run up the middle, 3rd down lance drop back.. run up the middle.
We have tight ends, they can catch the ball.
I have not seen a running back screen play.. in I dont know how long.
We got lucky the lateral was not called and the final PI. Though I feel the final PI made up for the missed call in in the end zone.

Vet70
12-14-2019, 07:02 PM
The whole thing was ugly and an embarrassment. If by some miracle we win next week JMU is going to roll over us.

tony
12-14-2019, 07:03 PM
I have seen high school teams call better games offensively than this. 1st down run up the middle, 2nd down run up the middle, 3rd down lance drop back.. run up the middle.
We have tight ends, they can catch the ball.
I have not seen a running back screen play.. in I dont know how long.
We got lucky the lateral was not called and the final PI. Though I feel the final PI made up for the missed call in in the end zone.

There were 3 blatant, uncalled DPIs in the first half. I'd have rather had them called than the refs miss another call on the lateral (although I'm not so sure they'd have gotten that on review.)

MNLonghorn10
12-14-2019, 07:03 PM
those 1st down runs stalled every drive.

everyones gonna point to the botched lateral TD. will the same point to the end zone PI and the PI from the underthrown ball to watson on the first drive. missed calls both ways

VirginiaBison
12-14-2019, 07:05 PM
On the next to last pass (Tutsie breakup) the ball was actually tipped at the line causing it to fludder and go off course to the left.

pucknut9
12-14-2019, 07:06 PM

everyones gonna point to the botched lateral TD. will the same point to the end zone PI and the PI from the underthrown ball to watson on the first drive. missed calls both ways

No doubt but the defense won this game

Kevin
12-14-2019, 07:07 PM
We ran a couple of sweeps with (if memory serves) Johnson and Watson that went for large chunks of yards. We never went back to it. Worse yet, we didn't even fake that we were going to. One of the LB's from ISU came off the same edge unblocked a handful of times and blew up a run in the backfield. We did nothing to account for or exploit that either.

I just have no idea how they sat in the booth and thought they didn't need to adjust. In fact, were there any second half adjustments at all?

Doesn't bode well for next week. Let alone Frisco if we end up there.

ByeSonBusiness
12-14-2019, 07:09 PM

I would rather see officials not call pass interference on underthrown balls. Nothing worse than seeing QB's get bailed out because the receiver literally has to stop running lmao.

End of the day, NDSU defense gave up 3 points. Had the botched backwards pass happened late in the game there would be more of a reason for ISU to be salty. Happened early enough in the game for them to recover. Limited sympathy for teams who score 3 points on offense lmao. Had NDSU lost 10-9 or something, I'd similarly have more sympathy for missed calls. Hard to complain when you score so few points.

DCinOK
12-14-2019, 07:10 PM
We were outgained on the ground 160-128. This should never happen. So much for "Bison football."

Bisonwinagn
12-14-2019, 07:13 PM
I think the players were as bored about this game as the fans were. Just another conference game doesn't feel like playoffs at at. My guess is they will step it up next week and have a big lift in energy and execution. Not surprised at all with this game being close.

Bison4peat
The opposing QB completed 3 passes and we won by 6 points. Still trying to wrap my head around that.

Kevin
We were outgained on the ground 160-128. This should never happen. So much for "Bison football."

When the other team runs 95% of the time that statistic doesn't mean much as it would in a normal game.

What concerns me is the inability of our coaches to adjust to what's working. We're running between the tackles and accepting -2 to +2 yards a play. Without Lance pulling off those long desperation scrambles the statistic is even worse. Then remove the 35 yards from the first Brooks play and it's worse yet.

Professor Chaos
12-14-2019, 07:14 PM
What happened to the 2 point conversion play??? I can't believe they didn't run it today! Come on coaches!

scottietohottie
Are they not directing traffic! Parking lot line is not freaking moving! It's like the bison offense!

DakotaOkie
The insanity of running up the middle like some sort of point was being made was ridiculous to me. ISUr practices against one of the best RBs in FCS every day. Why would anyone think they have no idea how to stop runs up the middle??? Give credit to ISUr for playing tough D and same thing to the Bison D for more D.

scottietohottie
12-14-2019, 07:15 PM
Parking lot fatigue

DakotaOkie
12-14-2019, 07:16 PM
I think the players were as bored about this game as the fans were. Just another conference game doesn't feel like playoffs at at. My guess is they will step it up next week and have a big lift in energy and execution. Not surprised at all with this game being close.
Well, that is on the coaches if there is any truth.

westriver bison
12-14-2019, 07:17 PM
Give up 3 points, score 9 win. Great game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bison Duluthian
12-14-2019, 07:19 PM
A few thoughts......
1) Great defensive game from both teams. Hats off to the Redbirds, good game, good season.
2) Give credit when it is due: ISU had the best RZ defense in FCS.....it was apparent today.
3) Play calling........play calling was predictable at times, it also seemed we were playing to protect the ball (later in the game) and let the D play. Which they accomplished.
4) A huge decrease in penalties; this is a good thing.
5) Bottom Line: A win is a win and we play next week.
6) Good teams find a way to win....the scary thing is I have yet to see this team put together a truly complete game.......and we still find ways to win!!!

Go Herd!!

Wally
12-14-2019, 07:20 PM
Drunk fatigue....wait nevermind that, I’m drunk

So drunk, I posted in the wrong thread

Vet70
12-14-2019, 07:24 PM
We will be lucky if we are not run out of the building next week. That may be better than getting slaughtered by JMU in Frisco.

bisonbuddy
12-14-2019, 07:25 PM
Wtf? I’m still in the same parking spot 30 minutes later.

SomeBeach
12-14-2019, 07:26 PM
Tyler is NOT getting a Christmas card from me this year.

WeAreThePride
12-14-2019, 07:28 PM
We will be lucky if we are not run out of the building next week. That may be better than getting slaughtered by JMU in Frisco.

One bad offensive output in the season, and you're selling your stock?

Fine by me. I'll buy it.

tony
12-14-2019, 07:31 PM
That game was NDSU's 499th since 1980. NDSU has gone 399-98-2 over the last 40 seasons so if they beat Montana State the program will have averaged 100 wins per decade, 10 wins per season for the last 40 years.

Also, this was NDSU's 700th game since the start of 1960 season... 537-158-5 (.771.)

TAILG8R
12-14-2019, 07:36 PM
Tyler is NOT getting a Christmas card from me this year.Lololol

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

EC8CH
12-14-2019, 07:36 PM
That game was NDSU's 499th since 1980. NDSU has gone 399-98-2 over the last 40 seasons so if they beat Montana State the program will have averaged 100 wins per decade, 10 wins per season for the last 40 years.

Also, this was NDSU's 700th game since the start of 1960 season... 537-158-5 (.771.)

Base ten FTW!

gizmo
12-14-2019, 07:39 PM
That was the worst O-line performance by a Bison team in many years.

Hammersmith
12-14-2019, 07:40 PM
Anyone know if the game is available anywhere yet? I'm pretty sure the near-backwards pass was the correct call, but I'd like to see it again before I start defending it.

KSBisonFan
12-14-2019, 07:43 PM
We got outcoached.
O-line got owned.
Despite those items, I thought Polasek called a great game and we won.

BisonCardinal
12-14-2019, 07:46 PM

Go lay down by your dish Negative Nelly.

JohnnyExtacy
12-14-2019, 07:49 PM
Some of the most brutal and scared playcalling I have seen since the Babich years. Unbelievable. Played scared and not to lost instead of attacking and winning.

Embarrassing.

Bizon28
12-14-2019, 07:50 PM
Relax, we won. Not pretty. We ran a very vanilla offense and haven't shown squat this year on tape. It is crunch time now and hopefully a few more plays are pulled out. Hopefully!!! :nod:

Belter
12-14-2019, 07:55 PM
Let's be honest. Illinois State has a great defense but the run game was bad. All between the tackles and just plain bad. Montana State and JMU will score a lot more than 3 points and our offense has to get back to form and start getting hard to defend.

JohnnyExtacy
12-14-2019, 07:56 PM
Relax, we won. Not pretty. We ran a very vanilla offense and haven't shown squat this year on tape. It is crunch time now and hopefully a few more plays are pulled out. Hopefully!!! :nod:

Pretty clear in the way they called that game that they do not trust trey lance and the offense at this point.

unbison
12-14-2019, 08:01 PM
The whole thing was ugly and an embarrassment. If by some miracle we win next week JMU is going to roll over us.

Embarrassed to win?
Get out of your own way

Bizon28
12-14-2019, 08:04 PM
Pretty clear in the way they called that game that they do not trust trey lance and the offense at this point.

I agree, he sucks. Pack it in boys, seasons over!!! Good grief. We just played a great defense, Spack had a good game plan, We won and that is all that matters right now. I am just trying to be optimistic.

Vet70
12-14-2019, 08:05 PM
Well maybe not. Just a knee jerk reaction.

heffray
12-14-2019, 08:06 PM

I don’t think this is true at all. On the long pass play to Watson, it looked like Trey made the change at the line of scrimmage when he saw single coverage.

Winning is Gr8
12-14-2019, 08:07 PM
Think maybe we just wanted to make Oregon think we have no chance next year with that performance

IndyBison
12-14-2019, 08:10 PM
There were 3 blatant, uncalled DPIs in the first half. I'd have rather had them called than the refs miss another call on the lateral (although I'm not so sure they'd have gotten that on review.)Every play in NCAA is reviewed. Just because they don't stop it doesn't mean it wasn't reviewed. Something like that they would definitely stop if there was any doubt on their first look especially since there was an immediate recovery. That's a close play that could have gone either way on the field but the one replay I saw it was likely correct. Would need to be obviously incorrect to stop and review. They had the benefit of a big line for reference.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

MontBison
12-14-2019, 08:13 PM
I don’t think this is true at all. On the long pass play to Watson, it looked like Trey made the change at the line of scrimmage when he saw single coverage.

Seemed like he was changing some plays in the first half but the second half didn’t at all. Makes sense considering what the play calls were.

heffray
12-14-2019, 08:14 PM
Seemed like he was changing some plays in the first half but the second half didn’t at all. Makes sense considering what the play calls were.

Right, I noticed this, too.

Bison03
12-14-2019, 08:19 PM
I dont think some of you actually watched the game. We didnt run it up the middle every run play. Do you realize there ar are different run plays to different gaps? There were also plenty of times we ran it off tackle or around the outside. Illinois state has a good defense, why is that hard to admit. We aren’t going always blow out teams, especially this deep in the playoffs. The games yesterday were close as well. Why? Because the teams left are all really good. The defense played great. They kept Robinson in check, under 100 yards, and gave up 3 points. Pretty damn good. Were there things we could have done better, yes, there always is. Take a deep breath, we wre in the semifinals, one win from Frisco. Lets improve and go out next week and dominate.

Stary2k11
12-14-2019, 08:27 PM
I dont think some of you actually watched the game. We didnt run it up the middle every run play. Do you realize there ar are different run plays to different gaps? There were also plenty of times we ran it off tackle or around the outside. Illinois state has a good defense, why is that hard to admit. We aren’t going always blow out teams, especially this deep in the playoffs. The games yesterday were close as well. Why? Because the teams left are all really good. The defense played great. They kept Robinson in check, under 100 yards, and gave up 3 points. Pretty damn good. Were there things we could have done better, yes, there always is. Take a deep breath, we wre in the semifinals, one win from Frisco. Lets improve and go out next week and dominate.

That may be the case, but the defensive blueprint for every opponent is mostly the same. I am puzzled why we couldn’t use their crashing DEs against them with some short dump off type pass plays. Obviously the rush up the middle, regardless of gap or scheme, wasn’t working.

43 rushes for 128 yards is unimpressive. And that’s with the 35 yard rip. I can’t believe we didn’t include more play action type stuff.

23Bison
12-14-2019, 08:30 PM
And 0 use of the TE. No RB screen game yet again even tho ISU was begging for it.

CAS4127
12-14-2019, 08:44 PM
That may be the case, but the defensive blueprint for every opponent is mostly the same. I am puzzled why we couldn’t use their crashing DEs against them with some short dump off type pass plays. Obviously the rush up the middle, regardless of gap or scheme, wasn’t working.

43 rushes for 128 yards is unimpressive. And that’s with the 35 yard rip. I can’t believe we didn’t include more play action type stuff.

Entz sounded noticeably frustrated when answering questions about offense in his post-game presser.

CAS4127
12-14-2019, 08:47 PM

Remember the Brock Jensen long TD run against GSU? Well, GSU was doing the same thing as ILSr, and we faked handoff, Brock reversed-pivoted, and BINGO.

That’s how you slow down the crashing weak-side DE and or safety, if not exploit it like Brock did.

Swaghook
12-14-2019, 08:51 PM
All I can say is I hope beastmode comes out of hibernation for next weekend it has been sorely missed so far this play off run.

TAILG8R
12-14-2019, 08:55 PM
Lack of play action has me most frustrated over anything else. EVERYONE would have been open off play action today.

HerdBot
12-14-2019, 09:09 PM
It's quite obvious when Tyler Roehl has a gameplan that doesnt include Kobe, our offense sucks.

But give some credit to Illinois State and out defense was awesome

heffray
12-14-2019, 09:11 PM
Lack of play action has me most frustrated over anything else. EVERYONE would have been open off play action today.

Another thing to credit ISUr on, their secondary played very well, also... this has as much to do with the play-calling and lack of offensive success than anything...

ZHerd
12-14-2019, 09:11 PM
Glad to see the run defense step it up. Definitely concerned by the playoff offense. We aren’t doing what got us here. It’s like the offense is playing conservative and scared. I agree with whoever it was that said we usually get better come playoffs and this team has regressed. Illinois state and Nicolls aren’t that good. JMU will blow this Bison team out the way we are playing.

MontBison
12-14-2019, 09:13 PM
Remember the Brock Jensen long TD run against GSU? Well, GSU was doing the same thing as ILSr, and we faked handoff, Brock reversed-pivoted, and BINGO.

That’s how you slow down the crashing weak-side DE and or safety, if not exploit it like Brock did.

CAS do you think our lack of run game was a product of our oline just not having any fire/physicality or a product of more guys in the box than they could block?

MontBison
12-14-2019, 09:16 PM
Glad to see the run defense step it up. Definitely concerned by the playoff offense. We aren’t doing what got us here. It’s like the offense is playing conservative and scared. I agree with whoever it was that said we usually get better come playoffs and this team has regressed. Illinois state and Nicolls aren’t that good. JMU will blow this Bison team out the way we are playing.

It’s scary when the ones who are conservative/scared are the coaching staff. Trey didn’t play as bad as last week but they gave him far fewer opportunities to be successful. Hard to convert 3 and 7 at a high percentage. Another thing I noticed was how often we’d get behind the sticks on 1st down and then pass the ball a yd or two down the field. Never anything in between a bomb or a pass at the los.

Wonder what Hedberg thinks of TR.

CAS4127
12-14-2019, 09:17 PM
CAS do you think our lack of run game was a product of our oline just not having any fire/physicality or a product of more guys in the box than they could block?

Both, but also not calling plays to let their athleticism do some damage.

Bison"FANatic"
12-14-2019, 09:18 PM

I was screaming for that play. It was there to when we didnt have a wr to that side. I think Trey might have still been running.

MontBison
12-14-2019, 09:32 PM
I was screaming for that play. It was there to when we didnt have a wr to that side. I think Trey might have still been running.

Does TR just not understand that? It’s not like we would even hit a big rushing play. Aside from Trey and Tys first run was our next best run even 8 yds? I’m fine pounding the rock if we can get 10-15 yds on one in 10 plays but we couldn’t even do that.

ndsubison1
12-14-2019, 09:57 PM

ISU was tough on D snd took away our run game. I expect Lance to run more next week. MSU is more balanced, but not worried defensively for us. Offense needs to figure some things out.

89MTBISON
12-14-2019, 10:03 PM
ISU was tough on D snd took away our run game. I expect Lance to run more next week. MSU is more balanced, but not worried defensively for us. Offense needs to figure some things out.

Absolutely not! If we revert to SDSU type playcalling we will lose. This was a studly defensive act from ISUr, the bobkitties will not be able to replicate it.

Bisonator98
12-14-2019, 10:06 PM
Win and move on.

Need better play calling and execution from the offense.

Stop beating our head against a wall trying to run it inside if it's not working. We have other ways to attack teams. Tyler got way too conservative or stubborn today.

JMB
12-14-2019, 10:11 PM
You could see the adjustment on Defense this week... Last week we penetrated and basic opened up seems in the line. We seemed more gap disciplined this week

ZHerd
12-14-2019, 10:14 PM
Win and move on.

Need better play calling and execution from the offense.

Stop beating our head against a wall trying to run it inside if it's not working. We have other ways to attack teams. Tyler got way too conservative or stubborn today.

It was reminiscent of Polasek and that worries me.

JMB
12-14-2019, 10:15 PM
I wonder if the offense was a bit of a victim of it's own success. Most of the year, everything we did, worked great. Illinois State punched us in the face and took away what has worked all year. And our young coach and young QB didn't know how to adjust. They will learm

Hammersmith
12-14-2019, 10:15 PM
Game replay is available on ESPN. Wow was that lateral no-call close. Definitely not clearly backwards. If it was backwards at all, it was maybe an inch or two back over 20 yards. Using the officiating philosophy Indy gave us in the GDT(it needs to be clearly going backwards - foot, not inch), it was a good no-call.

The play is at 1:14:45 on the replay.

JCEE1990
12-14-2019, 10:17 PM
I just left the fitness center. BP was 108/68. Did it again but was thinking about this game: 124/84. Tried one more time trying to think of nothing. All I could think of related to nothing was un_ football: BP 102/64

Stary2k11
12-14-2019, 10:36 PM
I heard some guy on the 1660 post-game show call in and lead with his thoughts that the Bison offense did a great job in the 4th quarter sealing up the win. I hope he’s not affiliated with the team in any way.

DCinOK
12-14-2019, 10:39 PM
I heard some guy on the 1660 post-game show call in and lead with his thoughts that the Bison offense did a great job in the 4th quarter sealing up the win. I hope he’s not affiliated with the team in any way.

He must be young then. Only crusty old people are concerned in the slightest about the Bison offensive offense.

JMB
12-14-2019, 10:55 PM
1660 is a bit like listening to North Korean media.

Mr Meaty
12-14-2019, 11:06 PM
Did we play great offensive today. Nope can be better. Did defense play great HELL yes... people are bitching about blowouts. Well today was not one and they still are not happy. Playoffs are about survive and advance. Last time I checked the score we won. See you next weekend with no Bison fatigue. Go Bison.

StL Bison Fan
12-14-2019, 11:16 PM
Jabril Cox is fast

RonMexico
12-14-2019, 11:20 PM
The ISUr Defensive ends and corners were crashing down so hard on every run and the Bison didn't once run a bootleg, counter, or reverse to make them pay. I mean that is basic offensive play calling and they couldn't see that? What the hell are they looking at up there? Do they just call the play and then bury their faces in the play sheet and not look at how the defense is reacting? Every run play there was NO ONE watching the backside on the defense.

Bison03
12-14-2019, 11:22 PM
JMU didnt look great against a mediocre UNI team...

heffray
12-14-2019, 11:26 PM
Jabril Cox is fast

Yeah, just ask Bryan Schor...

THEsocalledfan
12-14-2019, 11:29 PM
Offense sucked.

BUT, best bisonville thread in years. Like old times with the old posters. Close game gets folks jooooosed like Stig!

CAS4127
12-14-2019, 11:34 PM

Lol at this post. Good analogy.

Bison03
12-14-2019, 11:41 PM
Before Illinois State’s last offensive possession, you can see a couple players pumping up the crowd taunting them to get louder. Um...nice strategy, your qb proceeded to run around for his life and throw 4 incomplete passes.

Mr Meaty
12-14-2019, 11:43 PM
We won right or did I miss something today.

JMUVtFan
12-14-2019, 11:44 PM
JMU didnt look great against a mediocre UNI team...

Did any team other than Montana State "look great" this week? Keep in mind UNI beat ISU this year. They're both fairly mediocre.

bisoneer
12-14-2019, 11:52 PM
Did Spack get some defensive guys
Off the DL recently as we really moved the ball on them in Normal this fall but not today?

RonMexico
12-14-2019, 11:53 PM
We won right or did I miss something today.

yeah, I mean who cares if the Bison played like shit and they only reason they won was because ISUr was shittier...Just shut your mouth and buy your season tickets.

EC8CH
12-14-2019, 11:54 PM
yeah, I mean who cares if the Bison played like shit and they only reason they won was because ISUr was shittier...Just shut your mouth and buy your season tickets.

Ahhhhhhh Bisonville.

BisonNeil
12-14-2019, 11:57 PM

The games yesterday were played outside and under shit conditions. Not the same. Roehl’s play calling was just plain awful and Lance has played like a freshman. We shouldn’t be so surprised.

OatmealWicket92
12-14-2019, 11:58 PM
Glad this game is over. I hate when we face 3-4 defenses. Thought this is what the first matchup would be like. Need to figure some stuff out in the red zone. Looked like bison really shut down the variety of calls in 2nd half and basically just dared ISU to score more than 9. Should have been 13-0 atleast at half but apparently CAA refs are cool with tackling WRs in the endzone....

Bison 4 Life
12-14-2019, 11:58 PM
Ahhhhhhh Bisonville.

Yep. Going to be a productive week avoiding this nonsense.

BisonNeil
12-14-2019, 11:59 PM
Jabril Cox is fast

Probably missed more tackles in this game than he has in the rest of his career, Robinson is that good!!!

BiZon22
12-15-2019, 12:01 AM
The games yesterday were played outside and under shit conditions. Not the same. Roehl’s play calling was just plain awful and Lance has played like a freshman. We shouldn’t be so surprised.

Should I take off the tinfoil hat or does it feel like lance maybe needs to throw an INT to help open himself up again. I feel like all of his deep throws were in very safe uncatchable areas for both our guy and the defender. He needs to let it fly.

Hammersmith
12-15-2019, 12:03 AM
Yep. Going to be a productive week avoiding this nonsense.

Agreed.

+10

VirginiaBison
12-15-2019, 12:04 AM
Which is it?

Bison fans are bored and fatigued with the blowouts.

On the other hand when the game is not a blow out, fans are disgusted with the coaching, play calling and quality of the offense/defense.

OatmealWicket92
12-15-2019, 12:07 AM
Which is it?

On the other hand when the game is not a blow out, fans are disgusted with the coaching, play calling and quality of the offense/defense.

Both? Depends on what side of the fanbase you’re on.

EC8CH
12-15-2019, 12:20 AM
Which is it?

Plenty of overlap in that Venn diagram.

Mr Meaty
12-15-2019, 12:27 AM

I have my season tickets and will keep buying them so there.

stevdock
12-15-2019, 12:27 AM
Which is it?

And hardly ever give any respect to the other team for partially creating that non-blow out.

Mr Meaty
12-15-2019, 12:28 AM
Which is it?

Exactly!!!!!

HerdistheWord
12-15-2019, 12:33 AM
ISUr played a solid game defensively. Other than the Brooks run, did they miss a tackle all game?

CAS4127
12-15-2019, 12:35 AM
ISUr played a solid game defensively. Other than the Brooks run, did they miss a tackle all game?

Lots of “traffic” tackles.

GreenfieldBison
12-15-2019, 12:43 AM
Ahhhhhhh Bisonville.

There it is. At least SOMETHING is 100% reliable.

Vet70
12-15-2019, 12:48 AM
It just dawned on me that it was a good thing our kicker was suspended last week.

Mr Meaty
12-15-2019, 12:49 AM
It just dawned on me that it was a good thing our kicker was suspended last week.

And not this week?

Vet70
12-15-2019, 12:59 AM
And not this week?

Roger that.

SoCalBison
12-15-2019, 01:58 AM
I feel like all of his deep throws were in very safe uncatchable areas for both our guy and the defender. He needs to let it fly.

Except for the 2 where Bison receivers were tied up with uncalled DPIs before the ball got there....

td577
12-15-2019, 02:24 AM
Here are some of my thoughts and take or leave them.

1. I have not given Entz credit in the past for being a great defensive mind. I think Klieman bailed him out a lot. Outside a small handful of plays, code green curb stomped the redturds.

2. There were missed opportunities on offense. 19 getting a LBer on him and 5 waiting too long to throw the ball. Some deep passes were underthrown like Trey was a bit off today. He also threw a handful of passes that were dropped that were absolutely perfectly executed. He has incredible vision, just today he wasn't setting up right and that was on the defense too.

3. With hedbergs 80 years of coaching experience the Bison have a total of 85 years. The redbirds have like 20000 years. We should be getting outcoached. Yet, even when a ton of things weren't going well, the Bison win.

4. Maybe the Bison should have opened the game up a bit but the redbirds were doing nothing on offense. There was no harm in running off a couple of minutes and letting ISU do nothing with the ball.

5. The more I think about it the more convinced I am JMU would not have beaten us today. The redbirds played a great game that worked as well as anything they could have wanted and it still didn't produce a victory.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

bajadanny
12-15-2019, 02:34 AM
Lol at this post. Good analogy.

Yeah those guys sugarcoat everything, never ask the tough questions

Vet70
12-15-2019, 02:35 AM
We should never have been one play away from losing. After a poor showing in the 1st half of last weeks game this week was billed as the great wake up call. It obviously wasn't. If things do not change there won't even be a Frisco.

fmfantasy
12-15-2019, 02:42 AM
We should never have been one play away from losing. After a poor showing in the 1st half of last weeks game this week was billed as the great wake up call. It obviously wasn't. If things do not change there won't even be a Frisco.

we need to just settle down a bit.. we had a bad game and still won and the other team scored 3 points.. the rest of the FCS has a bad game they lose by 42....

35 games in a row and now we think we have some coaching -oline and rushing issues?? lol

Trey missed a couple balls early and the refs missed a couple interference early or its 28-0 at the half...

WhoRepsTheLurker
12-15-2019, 02:45 AM
ISUr had the best red-zone D in FCS, apparently. Defense wins championships. Beat them at their own game by a factor of 3

TR has been a creative play caller all year, so this had to be vanilla by design. No other explanation. Good challenge for the O-line against a very stout front and they didn't quite measure up, but could come in handy down the road. Live to fight another week

Spack is a good coach and a pretty good guy too, IMO

BisonHorns
12-15-2019, 02:52 AM
I wish there was less run right up the middle. However, we fricken won the 35th game in a row! I love this team and I will enjoy every win forever!

56BISON73
12-15-2019, 02:59 AM
we need to just settle down a bit.. we had a bad game and still won and the other team scored 3 points.. the rest of the FCS has a bad game they lose by 42....

35 games in a row and now we think we have some coaching -oline and rushing issues?? lol

Trey missed a couple balls early and the refs missed a couple interference early or its 28-0 at the half...

Not really that bad of a game. How many yards did Robinson get? How many has he gotten over the previous 2 games. How many passes did they complete.
Illinois state is avery good team. They had us schemed very well. We found what we could do and couldnt do. WE then switched strategy and went to a field position games. That worked pretty good did it not?

Vet70
12-15-2019, 03:05 AM
I just visited the folks at SS and feel better now. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

CyPanth
12-15-2019, 03:06 AM
At least NDSU had a bad game and won. UNI literally lost its offense . . . and lost. :facepalm: So much for finally making it to Frisco! :(

Stary2k11
12-15-2019, 03:08 AM
TR has been a creative play caller all year, so this had to be vanilla by design. No other explanation

That’s scary if so. One play away from losing would indicate that was not the proper design.

NodakGreg
12-15-2019, 03:18 AM
Same runs over and over again. Let trey throw. He’s an athlete, he’ll make plays.

I couldn't agree more, TR thinks too much, how about a screen play? how about 4 wide outs, quick 5 yard slants.... how about a reverse?, just basic stuff and let Trey be Trey and create havoc on the defense with dual threat, run or throw....
REd birds came ready to stick it to us and they did, but still our defense shut down the best running back in MVFC overall, and finally our special teams played super! We win.
Coaching was horrible today, players dancing on the sideline and laughing in the 4th qtr is not BISON LIKE and they need to be slapped silly and run stairs next week before and after practice, on National TV and its a 6 point game....so imature!
NoDak Bisman.
Lets hope our coaches can mix it up next week and not do the same thing over and over and over....

EC8CH
12-15-2019, 03:22 AM
Bison offense failed to delivery it's usual potential, but Bisonville delivering it hot and fresh.

RonMexico
12-15-2019, 04:00 AM
Am glad they won, but it is pretty concerning that our offensive coaches seem to be unable to make any adjustments to jump start the offense. The way the Redbirds were playing defense, any bootleg or reverse or counter would have easily gone for a big play. They were completely selling out on the backside in the run game and the coaches didn't take advantage of it once. I just don't understand the complete lack of adjustments the last two games.

Tony Almeida
12-15-2019, 04:07 AM
I just finished watching the game for the first time today, had to work all day...not happy. Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse here, I didn't read through the thread, but TR called the worst game of his short OC career. It seems as if his play calling is regressing. What happened to the tight ends? They have monsters for TE's but he doesn't use them? Maybe he was jabbed too many times for favoritism with his TE's at the beginning of the season and now he's taking it to heart. AND where is the damn wheel route?

1998braves64
12-15-2019, 04:38 AM
1st half was okay should been at least 13-0 maybe 14-0 of entz goes for 2 pts. But missed mugging. ISUr did exactly what they've done the last two weeks with success. We held Robinson to I think it was just under 100 yards. Jefferson had around 60 last time I checked the big boards.

Defense played lights out especially in the 4th qtr. We missed some tackles but how much of that is just Robinson's ability.

The offense not really sure what to think there. Were we just trying to chew up clock in an elaborate scheme and by product of that was a lot of short runs?

The PI that kept our drive alive I thought was a bad call. But whatever. Just wish that they would ran less up the gut running plays...

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

SlickVic
12-15-2019, 04:50 AM
interested 2 read CAS comments re: jabrillo-------thx

CentennialBison
12-15-2019, 08:55 AM
Look at the level of creativity the Ravens are showing this season. NDSU had some similar 2-3 back plays. Instead let's run 20 times up the A gap. Yes, I know 35 in a row, but inexcusable to come into a game, get stopped and have zero adjustment. TR taking lessons from Coach P? Kids playing madden know how to take down 3-4 defense, you would expect the coaches to try something else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0RdVpPdpYU

Professor Chaos
12-15-2019, 10:00 AM
https://twitter.com/ryancworkman/status/1205965933124235265

List of Division 1 schools with 35 straight wins in the last 100 years:
North Dakota State
Oklahoma
Toledo

tjbison
12-15-2019, 11:55 AM

Yupppp

It's getting old imo..

stevdock
12-15-2019, 12:02 PM
Was the very conservative game plan due to the fact that ISU's secondary was VERY good. They said the best in their school's history and then couple it with leading the nation (I think) in sacks? Even with that, we still took our shots (that normally we hit quite often) but only hit one of them today.

If Trey throws it to the end zone instead of under throwing Watson, easy TD. If Watson isn't barely tripped by a great play by their LB on the bubble screen, I believe he scores. Then we see a completely different game.

I didn't like how well ISU's D-line controlled the line of scrimmage but they had guys making plays too. This was more like the game I expected back in October. It was also good to finally see a team get punched in the mouth after Ty's initial run and actually punch back.

Bison"FANatic"
12-15-2019, 01:17 PM
It would be interesting to see s break down of area of the field and how many times they were targeted. It seemed as though we crossed or used the middle of the field infrequently and 7 to15 yard area was not targeted. We were facing man to man a lot on the outside but didnt exploit the cover man having to protect deep with no help over the top. We hit a come back a time or two but it was there all day.

gumby013
12-15-2019, 01:37 PM

Sunshine pumpers.

EC8CH
12-15-2019, 01:43 PM
Sunshine pumpers.

Phil Hanson gave the offense a "B".

Pyongyang Phyllis.

Buffalo.Rider
12-15-2019, 01:59 PM
When NDSU beat JMU in the National Championship game a couple years ago, NDSU did not score any points in the second half. Same thing in this game. In both games, the NDSU defense won the games by holding off the other team while the offense was largely inept for 30 minutes (two quarters). How are these games the same, in terms of play calling?

Mr Meaty
12-15-2019, 02:09 PM
When NDSU beat JMU in the National Championship game a couple years ago, NDSU did not score any points in the second half. Same thing in this game. In both games, the NDSU defense won the games by holding off the other team while the offense was largely inept for 30 minutes (two quarters). How are these games the same, in terms of play calling?

Not sure on play calling comparison but the result was the same. A Win!!!!

Ndsu84
12-15-2019, 02:10 PM
Coach R looked too much like Polesek but the passes to the wideouts for 1 yard again, really sucked.

EC8CH
12-15-2019, 02:16 PM
Lots of good reviews of the Gameday experience by Redbird fans on their forum. Good job Bison Nation!

Buffalo.Rider
12-15-2019, 02:16 PM
Adjustments ... I always thought Pete Carroll at USC was terrific at making half-time adjustments, even though I rooted for Texas in their epic game for the BCS Championship. (one of the best college games ever, I thought).

What can one learn from the Pete Caroll's of the world who are good at making half-time adjustments? Here are some things I would push for if I was in the locker room (but then what do I know?). If the running game isn't working, then the passing game has to get working. Running games are more strength-against-strength. Passing is more finesse-against-finesse. The finesse part is receivers figuring out how to get open and the QB getting the ball there in that 1/2 second window. They QB and receiver do not need more than this if they are 'on'. On quick out routes (or in routes, or routes through a seem) the receiver only needs a step or two for an instant and if the quarterback leads the receiver, gets the ball there at the right time, and keeps the ball from getting too high, it is not defensible. Do this a few times and the defense will soften up.

NDSU it seems was counting on the running game to tire out the Redbird's defense and then capitalize on this fatigue in the 4th quarter. This did not work yesterday. So what else do they do. The quick screen passes, with a lead blocker, the quick 5-8 yard out routes where the reciever runs in a way that keeps the defensive player behind him, the quick in route (but the risk of the def line batting down the ball, or tipping it). I have seen a lot of posts here saying 'where were the TEs?' Agreed, but a strategy to counter the defense is a lot more than just this, IMO.

scottietohottie
12-15-2019, 02:24 PM
Jimmy football's td saving tackle ended up winning the game!

bajadanny
12-15-2019, 02:32 PM
Sunshine pumpers.

Yep and the one guy on there had been pumping up montana all year, he should just go back there, I get so sick of it I don’t listen to that crap station.

Great article in the paper today, pretty much sums things up, will be interesting to hear the backlash on that.

heffray
12-15-2019, 02:39 PM
Yep and the one guy on there had been pumping up montana all year, he should just go back there, I get so sick of it I don’t listen to that crap station.

Great article in the paper today, pretty much sums things up, will be interesting to hear the backlash on that.

Anyone have a link to this?

Mr Meaty
12-15-2019, 02:46 PM

Jorgy is a Montana native and grew ups Griz can.

DCinOK
12-15-2019, 03:09 PM
How do we go from winning 37-3 at their place against their #1 QB to winning 9-3 at home...in the playoffs... against their backup QB?!

Buffalo.Rider
12-15-2019, 03:30 PM
How do we go from winning 37-3 at their place against their #1 QB to winning 9-3 at home...in the playoffs... against their backup QB?!

Their QB was a non-factor, is irrelevant IMO.

The difference is NDSU's offense and how the Redbird's responded to what happened at their place. Their defense progressed. NDSU's offense regressed, and couldn't figure it out when they needed to. W/o one sustained drive in the whole game, there is no way to sugarcoat how NDSU's offense performed. Most of the blame has to go to the coaches, IMO - too predictable in play calling. The players to blame, probably somewhat - like, could the receivers have done a better job getting open.

RonMexico
12-15-2019, 03:55 PM
9) NDSU boomer fans are dick-sneezes for expecting absolute perfection every single moment of this year. 35 wins in a row. 10 years of semi finals in a row.... Still not enough... in the words of George Carlin: “fuck you people”

yeah..just shut up and give them your money. Forgive me for wanting this team to play up to it's potential and calling out the coaches when they put together a crap game plan.

westnodak93bison
12-15-2019, 04:08 PM
yeah..just shut up and give them your money. Forgive me for wanting this team to play up to it's potential and calling out the coaches when they put together a crap game plan.Agree 100%. Nothing wrong with calling out failed performance.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Bison Dan
12-15-2019, 04:16 PM
9) NDSU boomer fans are dick-sneezes for expecting absolute perfection every single moment of this year. 35 wins in a row. 10 years of semi finals in a row.... Still not enough... in the words of George Carlin: “fuck you people”

Right on. Everyone of these know it all's could have called or played a better game right? Could we have played better, sure but when could you not say that. The other teams practice too and have good players this time of year. Go back to the 80's we won a lot of games by 40 points but also won some by a field goal, even during our championship runs. We won that's all that matters. On to MSU.

Vet70
12-15-2019, 04:20 PM
I won’t forgive you because you want this team to play up to YOUR potential to make YOU feel better. Again if 35 wins in a row isn’t playing up to YOUR potential then again I refer back to GC: Fuck you people.

Do you think that the team played up to their potential? Even the players acknowledged they did not play well when they were interviewed after the game.

Professor Chaos
12-15-2019, 04:25 PM
These attitudes really aren't that surprising to me when we constantly here excuses like "I'm not going to show up for a national quarterfinal because I know it's going to be a blowout" from these armchair experts who think they know a lot more about FCS football than they do. So when something like this happens rather than admit that they were wrong they'll tear down the coaches and team.

I'll never take any of these playoff games for granted before they're played... I always have doubts (even in 2013 and 2018). Maybe that's just the Vikings fan in me coming out. In any case I'm seeing the silver lining about this game in that it checks the egos of some of our most arrogant fans. This team is beatable and guess what? So was every other Bison team that's taken the field during this title run.

RonMexico
12-15-2019, 04:31 PM
I won’t forgive you because you want this team to play up to YOUR potential to make YOU feel better. Again if 35 wins in a row isn’t playing up to YOUR potential then again I refer back to GC: Fuck you people.

Really, you think that that performance on Saturday was the best they could have done? You think that was the best game plan they could have come up with? Apparently, you don't want to see this coaching staff. 35 wins in a row is incredible, but that don't mean shit on game day. What matters is how you coach THAT day, and on that day, the coaches on offense did not do a very good job. And if you say otherwise you are a blind ass homer.

And this team winning or losing doesn't have any effect on how I feel so go fuck yourself. I have been coaching for 30 years of my life at the high school and college level so when I see bad coaching I call it out. I don't give a shit if it is the team I root for or not.

Bisonator98
12-15-2019, 04:32 PM
Rewatched the game again last night. I don't know why but Tyler went ultra conservative in the second half. The first half was pretty good play calling just poor execution. Didn't see hardly any of those same calls in the second half. Just about 75% of the second half was a run between the A or B gaps for 2-4 yards. I don't know if TR got stubborn there or if it was a cognizant decision since ISU wasn't doing much offensively but really wierd play calling when they got it within 6 points IMO. Gotta be more diverse to keep defenses on their toes.

ByeSonBusiness
12-15-2019, 04:33 PM
Rewatched the game again last night. I don't know why but Tyler went ultra conservative in the second half. The first half was pretty good play calling just poor execution. Didn't see hardly any of those same calls in the second half. Just about 75% of the second half was a run between the A or B gaps for 2-4 yards. I don't know if TR got stubborn there or if it was a cognizant decision since ISU wasn't doing much offensively but really wierd play calling when they got it within 6 points IMO. Gotta be more diverse to keep defenses on their toes.

Would have expected NDSU to go for the jugular. One touchdown in the second half and the game is basically over.

RonMexico
12-15-2019, 04:36 PM
The defensive sounded quite pleased with their performance... Does that not count? They expected a shut out and gave up 3... also, it’s finals week... if you want to be hyper-critical of athletes, watch the NFL.

No one has said a damn thing about the players or the defense. I have only called out the coaches and specifically the offensive coaches because they did a poor job. The defense played lights out. They were incredible. The player on offense did everything they could with that crap game plan that the coaches came up with. I haven't seen one person call out the players for this game. Everything has been about the coaching so quit trying to say that people are being critical of the athletes. NO ONE IS BEING CRITICAL OF THE ATHLETES!! We are being critical of the COACHES that are getting paid good money to do their job.

Bisonator98
12-15-2019, 04:36 PM
Would have expected NDSU to go for the jugular. One touchdown in the second half and the game is basically over.

Agreed. It was like watching Polasek in that JMU game and his obsession with the jet sweep.

Vet70
12-15-2019, 04:40 PM
The defensive sounded quite pleased with their performance... Does that not count? They expected a shut out and gave up 3... also, it’s finals week... if you want to be hyper-critical of athletes, watch the NFL.

Read my posts and tell me where I have been “hyper—critical”. What you are saying is do not be critical. Your “fuck you people” is really a good start to a discussion. Did you stop and consider that there is genuine concern for what is going on?

2011BisonAlumni
12-15-2019, 04:45 PM

I think Tyler Roehl knew that game was in check and wanted to limit as much mistakes as possible. It was too conservative, but in all honesty, the game was done as soon as we went up two scores.

Vet70
12-15-2019, 04:47 PM
I have yet to read a fan’s perspective on here that reads something similar to this: “maybe this was the best possible outcome today, a win, damn it feels good to keep this going... Instead it’s all “you (coaches) didn’t do what I think you should do!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do what I think you should do!” “I the FAN on the OUTSIDE knows better than you COACHES on the INSIDE what to do!!!”

The positive comments do in fact exist.

Bisonator98
12-15-2019, 04:51 PM
I think Tyler Roehl knew that game was in check and wanted to limit as much mistakes as possible. It was too conservative, but in all honesty, the game was done as soon as we went up two scores.

That may be true but I think all of our butts puckered when ISU scored. You let any team hang around in a 1 score game and you're asking for trouble. 1 stupid play away from losing 10-9!

Buffalo.Rider
12-15-2019, 04:51 PM
... I'll never take any of these playoff games for granted before they're played... I always have doubts (even in 2013 and 2018). Maybe that's just the Vikings fan in me coming out. In any case I'm seeing the silver lining about this game in that it checks the egos of some of our most arrogant fans. This team is beatable and guess what? So was every other Bison team that's taken the field during this title run.

Agreed. Amen.

(and some kudos to the Redbirds and their coaches. They came to play.)

WeAreThePride
12-15-2019, 04:54 PM
yeah..just shut up and give them your money. Forgive me for wanting this team to play up to it's potential and calling out the coaches when they put together a crap game plan.

Holding one of the most dangerous rushing offenses in the FCS to 3 points is a crap game plan?

HerdistheWord
12-15-2019, 04:55 PM
That may be true but I think all of our butts puckered when ISU scored. You let any team hang around in a 1 score game and you're asking for trouble. 1 stupid play away from losing 10-9!

This X1000. Honestly, this game is probably vastly different if those three NDSU field goals were TD’s instead. ISUr is going to play with a different mentality when the game is within striking distance. You cannot let good teams hang around and our coaches better not be content in doing so.

WeAreThePride
12-15-2019, 04:59 PM

You mean like a TD pass that was taken away by a missed PI call?

Vet70
12-15-2019, 05:04 PM
I won’t disagree with that, but that GDT yesterday had boomers fucking wanting our team to lose because they were disagreeing with their own personal coaching “assessments” and game plans that they drew up on their own BWW napkins... across the street from the dome where there are empty seats waiting to be bought............................................ ...............

No one on here wanted the team to lose.

MontBison
12-15-2019, 05:09 PM
You mean like a TD pass that was taken away by a missed PI call?

Christ everyone is acting like if they called PI we would in turn have gotten the 7 points. Did you forget to remember we had 0 timeouts at that point and so dumbass TR would have called a power run play. It would have been stopped and we would have trotted out the FG team. Same result with less time remaining.

Christopher Moen
12-15-2019, 05:40 PM
I won’t disagree with that, but that GDT yesterday had boomers fucking wanting our team to lose because they were disagreeing with their own personal coaching “assessments” and game plans that they drew up on their own BWW napkins... across the street from the dome where there are empty seats waiting to be bought............................................ ...............

That’s pretty much every GDT. It’s an infestation of negative thinking.

Gully
12-15-2019, 05:54 PM

You keep saying "boomers" but I suspect a fairly low percentage of those flaming away on message boards are boomers. In my experience, it's the younger generations that are online more. In any event, does someone's generation automatically make them right or wrong? I guess you're ok with the negative comments from millenials then?

Full disclosure, I'm Gen X. I'm feeling a little bit left out, the terms millenials and boomers are often used in a pejorative way, no one says crap about us Gen Xers anymore! :)

Gully
12-15-2019, 05:59 PM
My take on the game....we missed some chances in the first half that could have given a little breathing room and forced ISU to throw. If we convert, it would have gotten ugly very quickly because they would have had to try to pass.

In the second, I was expecting us to eventually make a few of those plays and blow it open. It never happened.

At some point later in the 3rd quarter, I think the staff just decided, "I don't think they can score 9 points so let's just play it safe and play field position". If this is the case, I think it was a questionable decision because it leaves you open to losing the game on one fluke play, which is always a possibility. If they would have had a 14 point+ lead, then I would understand it more.

If that wasn't the case, then I question the play calling in the 2nd half. If they're bringing pressure from all over to stpo the run, it would seem like there would be an opening in the quick passing game but I won't pretend to know the detailed Xs and Os.

In any event, it's over. It's a win. I suspect they'll regroup and play much better against MSU.

ByeSonBusiness
12-15-2019, 06:01 PM
Are you on the NDSU coaching staff? Because unless you are then your “30” years doesn’t mean shit to me or THEM.

Why do coaches go to clinics then?

KSBisonFan
12-15-2019, 06:13 PM
Why do coaches go to clinics then?

Because they don't feel well??

EC8CH
12-15-2019, 06:15 PM
Because they don't feel well??

Ba Doom cheeeeee!

Professor Chaos
12-15-2019, 06:19 PM
Roehl deserves plenty of criticism for the offensive ineptitude yesterday but I will say that he's had a tremendous first year calling plays and yesterday doesn't change that. They replaced 8 starters on that side of the ball and up until yesterday's game they had actually been more efficient than the 2018 offense (which was the most efficient offense in the D1 era). There was bound to be a game like this with a rookie OC. Let's hope he learns from it and is better for it moving forward. I doubt anyone here is harder on him than Tyler is on himself so I have a feeling he'll have his group back up the ridiculously high standards they set for themselves throughout the year when they get out there next Saturday.

heffray
12-15-2019, 06:33 PM

Lol, jeez buddy... calm the fuck down.

I think a few people on here expected a close game, but I would bet no one suspected we wouldnt score a touchdown at home for the first time in 17 years. When that happens, it’s perfectly normal for fans to speculate about why this happened. Telling people “Fuck you” either means you’re just as insecure about the display on the field yesterday or you’re new to the internet.

DCinOK
12-15-2019, 06:41 PM

You're embarrassing yourself with the "boomers" insults, and I'm not old enough to be a boomer. Is that all your generation has?! Your generation has brought us the Fattooed Phone-addicted Gender-Confused Freak Show.

Vet70
12-15-2019, 06:56 PM
Lol, jeez buddy... calm the fuck down.

I think a few people on here expected a close game, but I would bet no one suspected we wouldnt score a touchdown at home for the first time in 17 years. When that happens, it’s perfectly normal for fans to speculate about why this happened. Telling people “Fuck you” either means you’re just as insecure about the display on the field yesterday or you’re new to the internet.

I am guessing a relative of one of the players. You know "What's My Line" and if you get that reference it will date you.

heffray
12-15-2019, 06:59 PM
I am guessing a relative of one of the players. You know "What's My Line" and if you get that reference it will date you.

Yeah I’m not following the boomer bashing either...

Hammerhead
12-15-2019, 07:07 PM
Why not run some play with three running backs in formation? Those seemed to work well in previous games.

Nel360
12-15-2019, 07:13 PM
Why not run some play with three running backs in formation? Those seemed to work well in previous games.They tried that and the LB blasted through for a 4 yd loss[emoji2369]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Catman
12-15-2019, 07:15 PM
Why not run some play with three running backs in formation? Those seemed to work well in previous games.

Yes the part that concerns me is we start the year off being aggressive using the TE’s and diamond formation and a ton of different looks (supposedly to make other defenses have to defend a large amount of plays. However the last 3 ballgames we have become so vanilla that it’s almost a wtf are we doing. I have faith in the coaches but the play calling has been odd imho

Bison bison
12-15-2019, 07:23 PM
This thread is getting pretty spicy!

GreenfieldBison
12-15-2019, 07:25 PM
The positive comments do in fact exist.

Indeed they do. Remarkable how the social media nonsense has trained people to ingest a stream of data and then filter for only that content which either
A) hues to their specific viewpoint of
B) releases their trigger

OK. Maybe social media is not completely to blame. I like that attribution though, I really do.

Regardless - while that game was not really that entertaining (to me) and I’m not sure I want to rewatch it, Bisonville does not disappoint. Keep it up everybody!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

heffray
12-15-2019, 07:30 PM
Indeed they do. Remarkable how the social media nonsense has trained people to ingest a stream of data and then filter for only that content which either

OK. Maybe social media is not completely to blame. I like that attribution though, I really do.

Regardless - while that game was not really that entertaining (to me) and I’m not sure I want to rewatch it, Bisonville does not disappoint. Keep it up everybody!!!

Lol, come on, Greeny, NOT EVERYONE needs that encouragement...

GreenfieldBison
12-15-2019, 07:30 PM
You keep saying "boomers" but I suspect a fairly low percentage of those flaming away on message boards are boomers. In my experience, it's the younger generations that are online more. In any event, does someone's generation automatically make them right or wrong? I guess you're ok with the negative comments from millenials then?

Full disclosure, I'm Gen X. I'm feeling a little bit left out, the terms millenials and boomers are often used in a pejorative way, no one says crap about us Gen Xers anymore! :)

I don’t think most boomers could qualify to be “expert strategists” at football since boomers really don’t play video games. Hence I expect your thesis is correct that few if any of the flamers were in fact boomers. You damn X’er.

GreenfieldBison
12-15-2019, 07:35 PM

Good guess. I’m going with “girlfriend”.

Gully
12-15-2019, 07:42 PM
I don’t think most boomers could qualify to be “expert strategists” at football since boomers really don’t play video games. Hence I expect your thesis is correct that few if any of the flamers were in fact boomers. You damn X’er.

Thanks, now I feel included :)

Vet70
12-15-2019, 08:24 PM

I have always thought that social media is the bane of human existence.

EC8CH
12-15-2019, 10:04 PM
I have always thought that social media is the bane of human existence.

It rewards lazy uncritical thinking and provides the ignorant with a sense of popular certainty.

NorthernBison
12-15-2019, 10:11 PM
I think what was really missing yesterday was the short passing game. It seemed like it was power run or throw deep.

I remember one attempt at a naked bootleg and Trey got buried.

For the armchair coaches, the offside ends aren’t blocked because they should not be able to catch the runner from behind.

Two weeks in a row we’ve faced defenses capable of limiting our run game. That means controlling the line AND getting pressure on passing plays. Most opponents don’t have that. The Nicholls score was much higher because we wore them down. We didn’t wear the Redbirds out.

I expect a much more wide open semi-final.

89MTBISON
12-15-2019, 10:29 PM
We played not to lose in the second half, that usually fails, #Butwe'rethemightyBison. Bring on some pussy!

56BISON73
12-15-2019, 10:33 PM
I think what was really missing yesterday was the short passing game. It seemed like it was power run or throw deep.

I remember one attempt at a naked bootleg and Trey got buried.

For the armchair coaches, the offside ends aren’t blocked because they should not be able to catch the runner from behind.

Two weeks in a row we’ve faced defenses capable of limiting our run game. That means controlling the line AND getting pressure on passing plays. Most opponents don’t have that. The Nicholls score was much higher because we wore them down. We didn’t wear the Redbirds out.

I expect a much more wide open semi-final.

Fact is our running backs were getting caught from behind which didnt allow them the delay they needed to let the play develop and make a good read. This isnt the only time that has happened this year.

GreenfieldBison
12-15-2019, 10:33 PM
It rewards lazy uncritical thinking and provides the ignorant with a sense of popular certainty.

Ah yes certainty, that thing most (searching for appropriate generalization...., still searching..., f it) people crave. Even the brilliant minds on Wall Street can’t get enough of it.

tjbison
12-15-2019, 10:45 PM
Lol...this thread makes me think ISU won

89MTBISON
12-15-2019, 10:46 PM
Ah yes certainty, that thing most (searching for appropriate generalization...., still searching..., f it) people crave. Even the brilliant minds on Wall Street can’t get enough of it.

Brilliant minds on Wall Street? There is no such thing. Does this Bison offense awaken Saturday? I think so, wouldn't mind seeing Trey pop his INT cherry on a dominating drive inside the cat 20 early in the 2nd quarter with us already up by 14.

99Bison
12-15-2019, 10:48 PM
90% blitzes... should be a short passing game dream. Screens, flats, dump offs, slants, and even over the top were available all game. Even something like reverse, end around, jet sweep misdirection, throwback... just keep defense respecting the field.

We did not even try to take advantage of the obvious (outside of say 5 plays) is what justifiably seems to be the frustration for most fans. For example, your inside the 35 three times don’t try any of these options for the most part and punt.

NorthernBison
12-15-2019, 11:20 PM
Fact is our running backs were getting caught from behind which didnt allow them the delay they needed to let the play develop and make a good read. This isnt the only time that has happened this year.

True. However, that was the result of their defense reestablishing the LOS a couple yards deep in our backfield. For our RB to have patience, it has to be at, or across the original LOS.

The play design does not account for the D End away from the play or a corner coming from that side.

It’s been said here and I have no doubt you might have even said it that one way to stop them from crashing is to keep them honest with misdirection.

stevdock
12-16-2019, 01:02 AM
Lol...this thread makes me think ISU won

Bisonville is so much fun after a loss. Wait?? You're telling me we won ;)

CAS4127
12-16-2019, 01:09 AM
I’ll give TR the benefit of the doubt, although not without reservation, re: last two games. The major hesitation comes from ISUr game. I was a bit baffled by the play calling, lack (inability ??) to adjust.

I’ll return to this post after the Cats game. We’ll see .... something feels amiss, but hoping I’m wrong.

westriver bison
12-16-2019, 02:25 AM
Illinois State obviously watched film of what Big XII defenses did to slow down Kansas States running game. Crash the middle with backside blitzes. A gap power basically became ineffective. Cats went to zone blocking on runs and a mid-range passing game. Our o-line is still rock solid, just need to change the scheme a little. It took Mess 2 1/2 games to figure it out. Bison should be ready to break out.

56BISON73
12-16-2019, 02:30 AM
I’ll give TR the benefit of the doubt, although not without reservation, re: last two games. The major hesitation comes from ISUr game. I was a bit baffled by the play calling, lack (inability ??) to adjust.

I’ll return to this post after the Cats game. We’ll see .... something feels amiss, but hoping I’m wrong.

For him to keep running between the tackles all game was reminisce of Polleck and JMU. It was like he couldnt get his head out of the play card and adjust.

awBison
12-16-2019, 02:37 AM
Not sure why there is so much complaining here. NDSU fought hard all game and put forth tons of effort. This is a young team. Things dont happen overnight, and ISU is a really good team that was playing with everthing they had. NDSU played with very few mistakes and it won them the game. Give them some credit. They deserve a lot!
With that said, I hope to see the short cross route passes open up in future games. I think if the short pass game gets developed better the run game will open up more. With a defense like ISU I think some run fakes and short passes could have shredded that full commit defense. I dont think I've seen a much better defensive performance out of an fcs team then what our guys provided. 35 game win streak, 14-0 season, and so many complaints.

tjamz
12-16-2019, 03:22 AM
Did you stop and consider that there is genuine concern for what is going on?

Agreed 100% Vet!

And those with some of the biggest concerns aren't your typical armchair QB's. Guys like CAS and PL played for NDSU. You'll have to forgive me for sticking up for them. There's Bison Pride as a fan, but I'd have to imagine there's a whole nother level of pride having been a part of this program. And with that comes high expectations, critical thinking, over analyzing (but typically not overreacting), scrutiny and the greatest joys when everything goes right and the deepest concern when things aren't going well.

It's been a looooong time since we put 2 shit weeks in a row together. We, as fans, just aren't used to this. No-one loves this team any less. In fact it is because we love the team that we even care. I don't really care if some random kid fucks up, but you bet your ass I care if mine does. And he won't hear the end of it until he straightens out. Same as with our team.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

89MTBISON
12-16-2019, 04:19 AM
Trey's been off a little in the pass game lately, nothing he can't overcome. We won by three scores against Nichols. Give us those two obvious DPIs on Saturday and the ISU game is very, very different. We'll be fine Saturday, fire up the that Alabama song.

56BISON73
12-16-2019, 04:34 AM

I dont look at it as trying to keep them on their toes in as much as finding something that works. Then beat them to death with it until they stop it. Dont know why we find things that work then stop using it but damn when its not working we will run it to the death of us.

56BISON73
12-16-2019, 04:39 AM
Are you on the NDSU coaching staff? Because unless you are then your “30” years doesn’t mean shit to me or THEM.

30 years of coaching is a different hat to wear and a different perspective. I have a tendency to listen to people like that until they prove otherwise.

56BISON73
12-16-2019, 04:46 AM
True. However, that was the result of their defense reestablishing the LOS a couple yards deep in our backfield. For our RB to have patience, it has to be at, or across the original LOS.

The play design does not account for the D End away from the play or a corner coming from that side.

It’s been said here and I have no doubt you might have even said it that one way to stop them from crashing is to keep them honest with misdirection.

Correct. But then you make that adjustment. When Tre went under center they brought two up to the corner and rushed. When we went to the shot gun they backed off. The eyes in the sky should have picked up on that and used it to our advantage. Again they had us schemed very well. Plus we have to give their players credit.
They gave no quarter and played one hell of a game.

One more point----the redbirds were #1 in preventing red zone scoring in all of thre FCS.

56BISON73
12-16-2019, 04:59 AM
Not sure why there is so much complaining here. NDSU fought hard all game and put forth tons of effort. This is a young team. Things dont happen overnight, and ISU is a really good team that was playing with everthing they had. NDSU played with very few mistakes and it won them the game. Give them some credit. They deserve a lot!
With that said, I hope to see the short cross route passes open up in future games. I think if the short pass game gets developed better the run game will open up more. With a defense like ISU I think some run fakes and short passes could have shredded that full commit defense. I dont think I've seen a much better defensive performance out of an fcs team then what our guys provided. 35 game win streak, 14-0 season, and so many complaints.

They were selling out on the run and stacking the box. Play action and or motion, quick hitting passes. Kill them with it till they start playing honest. We do have TEs that can catch the ball.

56BISON73
12-16-2019, 05:22 AM

I enjoyed the BWW comments. It was like he was there.:D He then went off the rails with the psyco babble and lost me.

56BISON73
12-16-2019, 06:04 AM
Really, you think that that performance on Saturday was the best they could have done? You think that was the best game plan they could have come up with? Apparently, you don't want to see this coaching staff. 35 wins in a row is incredible, but that don't mean shit on game day. What matters is how you coach THAT day, and on that day, the coaches on offense did not do a very good job. And if you say otherwise you are a blind ass homer.

And this team winning or losing doesn't have any effect on how I feel so go fuck yourself. I have been coaching for 30 years of my life at the high school and college level so when I see bad coaching I call it out. I don't give a shit if it is the team I root for or not.

I dont know if I would put the blame on a terrible game plan as it was the same game plan that hung 37 on them earlier this year. What was terrible was the lack of
adjustments which we have been know for in the past. A lot of questions their.

scottietohottie
12-16-2019, 11:07 AM
Is it just me or does it seem like the wr are breaking their routes off early in anticipation of being under thrown? And if so wouldn't that probably mean they get consistantly under thrown? Watching the team warm up last Saturday I noticed the number 2 qb throwing a beautiful tight spiral deep ball. Trey puts a little zip on a couple passes and the receivers keep running that's a completely different football game.

Professor Chaos
12-16-2019, 11:33 AM
They were selling out on the run and stacking the box. Play action and or motion, quick hitting passes. Kill them with it till they start playing honest. We do have TEs that can catch the ball.
O-line has to be better. The mad Stacher did the same thing on that last drive of the 14 natty when Wentz and Legendowski took them down the field.... blitz after blitz after blitz. The O-line and backs just weren't picking it up very well last Saturday.

scottietohottie
12-16-2019, 12:30 PM
The flu never stopped Brock Jensen or Michael Jordan.

VirginiaBison
12-16-2019, 12:45 PM
This is a heavy 'freshman' team. In all likelihood, most of them have never played this many games in season. Could be the offensive is wearing down after a long season.

BISON Thunder
12-16-2019, 01:09 PM
O-line has to be better. The mad Stacher did the same thing on that last drive of the 14 natty when Wentz and Legendowski took them down the field.... blitz after blitz after blitz. The O-line and backs just weren't picking it up very well last Saturday.

Not only were Ill St. d-lineman big and strong, they were quick...were a lot of whiffs. Because of this it appears the o-line gaps shortened as the game wore on, allowing more direct angles from the blitz and backside cheaters.

THEsocalledfan
12-16-2019, 02:29 PM

Points shaving, clearly.

https://img.thedailybeast.com/image/upload/c_crop,d_placeholder_euli9k,h_1440,w_2560,x_0,y_0/dpr_1.5/c_limit,w_1044/fl_lossy,q_auto/v1546659327/190104-webster-sopranos-tease_k8z3tq

KNOW IT ALL
12-16-2019, 02:57 PM
Any win is a great win. With that, The Bison RAMS got man handled big time. And yes, earlier posts have been a bit attacking on the coaching, however, this appeared to be a clear case of a game plan was set and the OC doesnt have the ability to think/change on the fly. Running between the tackles against a D-Line that was clearly better than our Oline time after time was ridiculous. The Bison are stacked with offensive skill players and this game plan did NOTHING to get these guys in space. Just because the Bison pound on inferior competition all season doesnt mean they dont have to POSSSILBY try and OUT COACH a team once in a while. VERY lucky to win this last game. Ill States QB was hideous otherwise that team wins by 3 TD's.

GreenfieldBison
12-16-2019, 03:07 PM
You folks at the game probably didn’t see this but at one point in the game ESPN had a shot of TR up in the booth. The shot was wide enough to notice that if Tyler stuck his right arm straight out to the side it would have run right into the left shoulder of Randy Hedberg. Mr Hedberg was also wearing a headset I noticed.

Bison 4 Life
12-16-2019, 03:13 PM
You folks at the game probably didn’t see this but at one point in the game ESPN had a shot of TR up in the booth. The shot was wide enough to notice that if Tyler stuck his right arm straight out to the side it would have run right into the left shoulder of Randy Hedberg. Mr Hedberg was also wearing a headset I noticed.

I don't doubt this is the way it has been all season. They have mentioned how closely Hedberg works with TR

GreenfieldBison
12-16-2019, 03:19 PM
I don't doubt this is the way it has been all season. They have mentioned how closely Hedberg works with TR

Yes there is no question this is the case and has been so all season. It seems that some here either don’t know that or have forgotten it.

StL Bison Fan
12-16-2019, 03:23 PM
Yes there is no question this is the case and has been so all season. It seems that some here either don’t know that or have forgotten it.

They were pretty clear that they would be working closely from the beginning

ndsubison1
12-16-2019, 03:37 PM

Coaches wear headsets?

KNOW IT ALL
12-16-2019, 03:55 PM
We ran a couple of sweeps with (if memory serves) Johnson and Watson that went for large chunks of yards. We never went back to it. Worse yet, we didn't even fake that we were going to. One of the LB's from ISU came off the same edge unblocked a handful of times and blew up a run in the backfield. We did nothing to account for or exploit that either.

I just have no idea how they sat in the booth and thought they didn't need to adjust. In fact, were there any second half adjustments at all?

Doesn't bode well for next week. Let alone Frisco if we end up there.

This Bison team can thank its luck stars that it is "Head's above all others in TALENT". That lack of coaching adjustments was terrible. Again, Next year will be a tell all for Entz as he has had some odd moments throughout the year. NOW is when we will see who has coaching issues and who does not. IF we see JMU I don't think it goes well from what I seen last saturday against a horrible offense and a very good defense. A great reason to watch!!!

Bison 4 Life
12-16-2019, 04:40 PM
JMU is going to have more trouble with Weber than NDSU will with MSU.

daddy daycare
12-16-2019, 04:45 PM
Still waiting for a morlock type wheel route on Saturday.

CAS4127
12-16-2019, 04:47 PM
Trivia: Who knows the connection between NDSU football and Cats’ last Natty in ‘84?

westriver bison
12-16-2019, 05:24 PM
Earle Solomson

mtoutfitter
12-16-2019, 05:28 PM
Earle Solomson

I don't think he was there yet.

cracker
12-16-2019, 05:31 PM
Casey Bradley's brother was the QB for the 1984 Montana State national champs

CAS4127
12-16-2019, 05:31 PM
I don't think he was there yet.

He wasn’t

Next?

imabison
12-16-2019, 05:43 PM
Trivia: Who knows the connection between NDSU football and Cats’ last Natty in ‘84?

Was it your first 100 yard rushing game...a guess out of the blue...

CAS4127
12-16-2019, 06:53 PM
Was it your first 100 yard rushing game...a guess out of the blue...

Not sure what your getting at here, but I’ll just provide the trivia answer.

The Cats’ starting QB was/is the brother of then NDSU Football player and now D-coordinator for Chargers, Casey “Gus” Bradley.

cracker
12-17-2019, 12:26 AM
Was there a prize for the correct answer??

CAS4127
12-17-2019, 12:29 AM
Was there a prize for the correct answer??

No, just thought I’d share some trivia I thought was interesting/fun. Sorry you can’t see it that way.

cracker
12-17-2019, 12:38 AM
Didn't mean it that way.Apologies.

Professor Chaos
12-17-2019, 12:50 AM
No, just thought I’d share some trivia I thought was interesting/fun. Sorry you can’t see it that way.

I think you might've missed the fact that he answered correctly in post #242 CAS.

GreenfieldBison
12-17-2019, 01:00 AM
Well I finally worked up the ambition to rewatch that game. I was not looking forward to it.

Having seen it now a second time I am going to have to break what I assume is an unwritten rule of Bisonville and admit that my assertion that some of the offense was afflicted with the flu does not seem to be correct. Yes, I believe I was wrong.

Tony, I await my punishment for this admission.

In my defense, on Saturday my neighbor needed my assistance after the game and I needed to operate power machinery. Therefore I was stone cold sober while watching the game. Today I was able to correct that situation and I had consumed multiple ounces of single malt prior to kickoff. This allowed me to observe with a more mellow and for me a much more normal perspective.

I’m still unwilling to question the strategies and game plans of the coaching staff because, well, that is WAY above my pay grade.

I am going to forego the flat screen this coming weekend and shag my sorry ass to Fargo to see the game in person - mostly because I am a big fan of Alabama. Just gotta find me a ticket yet.

If I am not banned due to my contrition I will yet hope to post again on this forum if in fact I feel I have anything meaningful to contribute.

CAS4127
12-17-2019, 01:02 AM
I think you might've missed the fact that he answered correctly in post #242 CAS.

You’re correct—missed that. Thanks.

Nice job there Cracker. Please accept my apologies. Solid stuff their.

Our team was paying attention to the Cats that year and we were really hoping for a game against them when Solomonson went there to coach.

Christopher Moen
12-17-2019, 01:22 AM
Well I finally worked up the ambition to rewatch that game. I was not looking forward to it.

Having seen it now a second time I am going to have to break what I assume is an unwritten rule of Bisonville and admit that my assertion that some of the offense was afflicted with the flu does not seem to be correct. Yes, I believe I was wrong.

Tony, I await my punishment for this admission.

In my defense, on Saturday my neighbor needed my assistance after the game and I needed to operate power machinery. Therefore I was stone cold sober while watching the game. Today I was able to correct that situation and I had consumed multiple ounces of single malt prior to kickoff. This allowed me to observe with a more mellow and for me a much more normal perspective.

I’m still unwilling to question the strategies and game plans of the coaching staff because, well, that is WAY above my pay grade.

I am going to forego the flat screen this coming weekend and shag my sorry ass to Fargo to see the game in person - mostly because I am a big fan of Alabama. Just gotta find me a ticket yet.

If I am not banned due to my contrition I will yet hope to post again on this forum if in fact I feel I have anything meaningful to contribute.

I rewatched the game today too (both times sober as always) and his time the second half didn’t seem to piss me off as much with the second half play calling. I was fine with the first half since all four (I’m not counting the last six possession after the INT) possessions involved the ball being moved with pretty at will and three scores with the elaborate play calling. No TDs made it seem worse.

I don’t completely understand the second half play calling, but it seemed as if the coaches were set at being conservative due to Illinois State being totally ineffective on offense and taking the game out of the players hands (yes, they still need to be accountable for the play execution, but when the other team knows what is coming, it’s not easy). Robinson was a stud as always, but outside two plays (a run and a catch), he was fairly shut down in the second half.

With that said, I have a feeling a frustrated Bison is about to explode on Saturday.

Professor Chaos
12-18-2019, 12:22 AM
I rewatched the game today too (both times sober as always) and his time the second half didn’t seem to piss me off as much with the second half play calling. I was fine with the first half since all four (I’m not counting the last six possession after the INT) possessions involved the ball being moved with pretty at will and three scores with the elaborate play calling. No TDs made it seem worse.

I don’t completely understand the second half play calling, but it seemed as if the coaches were set at being conservative due to Illinois State being totally ineffective on offense and taking the game out of the players hands (yes, they still need to be accountable for the play execution, but when the other team knows what is coming, it’s not easy). Robinson was a stud as always, but outside two plays (a run and a catch), he was fairly shut down in the second half.

With that said, I have a feeling a frustrated Bison is about to explode on Saturday.

Agreed, rewatching it made me realize the first half wasn't bad at all offensively. It was a low possession game and they didn't execute in the redzone (blatant missed PI in the endzone didn't help either) but they put up 206 total yards, were efficient throwing the ball, and only punted the once (after moving the ball to the ISUr 33 yard line). They hit their normal redzone efficiency and they put up 17 points but Illinois St had the #1 redzone defense in the FCS for a reason.

The 2nd half was a shitshow for the offense and it was compounded by bad play calling and poor blocking at the LOS.