MVFC: NDSU
NEC: CCSU
OVC: Austin Peay
Patriot: Holy Cross
PFL: USD
SoCon: Wofford
SLC: Nicholls St.

At-Large:(14)
Sac St, Montana St, UCA, Montana, UNI, SDSU, Villlanova, SEMO, Albany, Illinois State, UND, KSU, SLU, SIU

The Field:
Holy Cross at Albany vs 1. NDSU
UND at SDSU vs 8. UNI

USD at Nicholls St vs 4. Sac State
CCSU at Monmouth vs 5. Montana State

Austin Peay at SIU vs 3. Weber State
SEMO at ISUR vs 6. UCA

SLU at Villanova vs 7. Montana
KSU at Wofford vs 2. JMU

Last Team In: SIU
Last Team Out: Furman
Next Out: SCSU, Towson, EWU

NDSUstudent
11-24-2019, 06:13 AM
Furman is last out because they beat nobody and had a non-DI. Just not much to their resume. UND beat Montana State, SLU beat UCA and SIU had a tough schedule and has an "FBS" win....Thus I put them into the field. KSU gets the committee's early Christmas gift.

Seeds were tough, especially the last two spots. SDSU in free fall so they are out, same for ISUR.....Monmouth, Nova and Wofford are kind of lacking in the resume department.

Of course politics could come into play. If the SoCon only gets one team, maybe Wofford gets vaulted up and the committee points to their conference championship. They usually throw in some kind of curveball.

ndsubison1
11-24-2019, 07:10 AM
Albany at Holy Cross vs 1. NDSU
SE Missouri St at Illinois St vs 8. Central Arkansas

SIU at UNI vs 4. Sacramento State
Monmouth at C. Conn St vs. 5. Villanova

Austin Peay at Furman vs. 3. Weber St
UND at SDSU vs 6. Montana St

San Diego at Nicholls vs 7. Montana
SELA at Wofford vs 2. James Madison

bisonaudit
11-24-2019, 10:49 AM
Central Arkansas should not be seeded. They're a bubble team for me, not even close to a seed line.

G_Funky
11-24-2019, 11:00 AM
USD at Nicholls St vs 4. Sac State

The Yotes get in with they’re victory over the Jacks and then a rematch of their lone playoff dub in the D1 era down in the Bayou. (Purple)

Only way it won’t line up SDSU/UND with the winner shipped to Fargo will be if UND isn’t in the field. Either way, SDSU will be in Fargo on 12/7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X-Factor
11-24-2019, 11:01 AM
This was a crazy final week, no doubt about it. Probably an accurate bracket by student, and what the committee should do. However, I wonder if they will throw Monmouth or CCSU in a seed given this weeks shitshow in the Valley and BigSky?

X-Factor
11-24-2019, 11:03 AM
The Yotes get in with they’re victory over the Jacks and then a rematch of their lone playoff dub in the D1 era down in the Bayou. (Purple)

Only way it won’t line up SDSU/UND with the winner shipped to Fargo will be if UND isn’t in the field. Either way, SDSU will be in Fargo on 12/7

San Diego, see the auto bids

scottietohottie
11-24-2019, 11:18 AM
I just hope we get seeded.

G_Funky
11-24-2019, 11:43 AM
San Diego, see the auto bids

My poor attempt at humor.

cbline
11-24-2019, 12:07 PM
I just hope we get seeded.

I'm just hoping for a HOME game in the first round of 16 next weekend. :)

NovaBison
11-24-2019, 12:29 PM
Is it wrong that I really don't care who NDSU plays this year? Line them up... we smash any of them all

NDSUstudent
11-24-2019, 01:03 PM
This was a crazy final week, no doubt about it. Probably an accurate bracket by student, and what the committee should do. However, I wonder if they will throw Monmouth or CCSU in a seed given this weeks shitshow in the Valley and BigSky?

I think Monmouth has a shot, so many teams crapped the bed the last few seeds are kind of crapshoot.

NDSUstudent
11-24-2019, 01:05 PM
I do wonder if the committee sends SDSU-UND somewhere other than here because they don't want to give the #1 seed a garaunteed rematch. If UNI is seeded it gives them an out but I'm 50/50 on UNI getting a seed.

NDSU92
11-24-2019, 01:06 PM
I do wonder if the committee sends SDSU-UND somewhere other than here because they don't want to give the #1 seed a garaunteed rematch. If UNI is seeded it gives them an out but I'm 50/50 on UNI getting a seed.

I know at one point they weren’t allowed to do a guaranteed rematch. Anyone know if that’s changed?

bisonaudit
11-24-2019, 01:10 PM
I know at one point they weren’t allowed to do a guaranteed rematch. Anyone know if that’s changed?

No conference matchups in round 1 unless they haven’t played each other. I don’t think there are any restrictions in the second round on rematches.

Hammersmith
11-24-2019, 01:20 PM

I think that was back in the 16 or 20 team playoff fields.

NDSUstudent
11-24-2019, 01:28 PM
Yeah, the avoiding rematches thing only goes for round 1 in whatever variation it has been since the FCS has been around. That said it is one thing to setup up a probable rematch which often happens, it is something else to give a seeded team a garaunteed rematch out of the gate.

Hammersmith
11-24-2019, 01:46 PM
Yeah, the avoiding rematches thing only goes for round 1 in whatever variation it has been since the FCS has been around. That said it is one thing to setup up a probable rematch which often happens, it is something else to give a seeded team a garaunteed rematch out of the gate.

The more I think about it, the more I think there used to be a rule preventing some round 2 rematches during the 20-team years. The way it was worded back then was that the committee couldn't create rematches when it was the first playoff game for both teams. During the 20-team years, there were four games in the second round that were the first game for both teams. Rematches were not allowed in those games.

NDSUstudent
11-24-2019, 01:54 PM
The more I think about it, the more I think there used to be a rule preventing some round 2 rematches during the 20-team years. The way it was worded back then was that the committee couldn't create rematches when it was the first playoff game for both teams. During the 20-team years, there were four games in the second round that were the first game for both teams. Rematches were not allowed in those games.

Yeah, that is right now that I think about it.

NDSU92
11-24-2019, 01:57 PM

Ahh gotcha. Thanks!

heffray
11-24-2019, 02:54 PM
Agree about Central Ak, I don’t think they’ll get a seed, Some bad conference losses and they didn’t even win their conference so I can’t see that happening. The more I think about it, the more I think Nova gets a seed because of record in the CAA and Monmouth gets the seed because they’re offense has been putting up huge numbers and they won their conference. I think there’s another seeded Valley team and probably UNI because of recency but if you look at the overall record, it should be SDSU.

Professor Chaos
11-24-2019, 03:05 PM
Well according to the AGS Poll, which has been the best poll at predicting what the committee will do, SDSU is #9 (aka the best unseeded team) and UND is in the field. I think there's going to be a lot of frustrated people when the "Dakota pod" is revealed later this morning.

EC8CH
11-24-2019, 03:07 PM
Well according to the AGS Poll, which has been the best poll at predicting what the committee will do, SDSU is #9 (aka the best unseeded team) and UND is in the field. I think there's going to be a lot of frustrated people when the "Dakota pod" is revealed later this morning.

This is the sleection committee's wet dream. No way they pass on this opportunity.

89MTBISON
11-24-2019, 03:13 PM
http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/fcs-football/bracketology

This map looks pretty interesting with four Big Sky seeds, lots of airline miles. Didn't Albany take second in the CAA? Seems like they would be a seeded team.

Vet70
11-24-2019, 03:14 PM
Chapo are you going to take my bet? UND makes the field. Loser does not post for a week.

Da Bison
11-24-2019, 03:15 PM
I'm going to drop this here. Not that I agree with it.
I think KSU might get a seed. Coaches had them at 10th in their latest poll. They won on Saturday and are 10-2.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

El_Chapo
11-24-2019, 03:18 PM
I think that was back in the 16 or 20 team playoff fields.

Man I wish it was back to 16 teams. avoid the stupid thanksgiving games and the horrible teams 16-24

heffray
11-24-2019, 03:18 PM
I'm going to drop this here. Not that I agree with it.
I think KSU might get a seed. Coaches had them at 10th in their latest poll. They won on Saturday and are 10-2.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I think they would favor Monmouth head to head and conference winners over Kennesaw higher in the Coaches poll, though, eh Sorny?

Hammersmith
11-24-2019, 03:19 PM
Agree about Central Ak, I don’t think they’ll get a seed, Some bad conference losses and they didn’t even win their conference so I can’t see that happening. The more I think about it, the more I think Nova gets a seed because of record in the CAA and Monmouth gets the seed because they’re offense has been putting up huge numbers and they won their conference. I think there’s another seeded Valley team and probably UNI because of recency but if you look at the overall record, it should be SDSU.

I think UNI deserves it over SDSU. It's not recency bias, but how they've dealt with injuries. UNI has handled it a lot better, and is the better team right now because of it. If we knew for certain that SDSU was going to get their star RB back by the second round, I might feel differently, but I don't think anything's been released on that subject. And ISUr barely deserves to be in the field at all right now. They'll get in and they should, but they aren't making it out of the first round. Woof, they are bad after their recent injuries.

Mr Meaty
11-24-2019, 03:20 PM

This map looks pretty interesting with four Big Sky seeds, lots of airline miles. Didn't Albany take second in the CAA? Seems like they would be a seeded team.

I really like this bracket. just don't see how committee does not have und and sdsu on our side though

El_Chapo
11-24-2019, 03:20 PM
Chapo are you going to take my bet? UND makes the field. Loser does not post for a week.

well I need to report live here from GOPHERS GAMEDAY and ESPN GAMEDAY, so that'd be impossible.
plus i don't trust the committee, they might enjoy chaves on his knees.
und isn't a playoff team, they beat no one and montana st by a blocked fg, why is everyone so high on them?

heffray
11-24-2019, 03:22 PM
I think UNI deserves it over SDSU. It's not recency bias, but how they've dealt with injuries. UNI has handled it a lot better, and is the better team right now because of it. If we knew for certain that SDSU was going to get their star RB back by the second round, I might feel differently, but I don't think anything's been released on that subject.

SDSU did just recently crush UNI, too... so there’s that...

Hammersmith
11-24-2019, 03:24 PM
SDSU did just recently crush UNI, too... so there’s that...

But that was before SDSU lost their RB, correct? They don't seem to be the same team anymore. Prior to the last couple weeks' of injuries, I would have put SDSU and ISUr as the seeds, with UNI around 9th or 10th. But they are just not the same teams they were two or three weeks ago.

Vet70
11-24-2019, 03:25 PM
well I need to report live here from GOPHERS GAMEDAY and ESPN GAMEDAY, so that'd be impossible.
plus i don't trust the committee, they might enjoy chaves on his knees.
und isn't a playoff team, they beat no one and montana st by a blocked fg, why is everyone so high on them?

Man I wish you would have taken up the challenge. Oh well.

Professor Chaos
11-24-2019, 03:25 PM
Man I wish it was back to 16 teams. avoid the stupid thanksgiving games and the horrible teams 16-24
With a 16 team field everyone played on Thanksgiving weekend.

Hammersmith
11-24-2019, 03:26 PM
Man I wish you would have taken up the challenge. Oh well.

Putting him on ignore works pretty well. Makes the site far easier to read. Also points out just how much he posts on here; wow.

JMB
11-24-2019, 03:29 PM
Putting him on ignore works pretty well. Makes the site far easier to read. Also points out just how much he posts on here; wow.

"God Bisonville is really dead."

MNLonghorn10
11-24-2019, 03:35 PM

man..all of the trash talking fan bases are on the other side. wtf do we even say to Holy Cross? They beat the Gopher hockey team like 15 years ago.

EC8CH
11-24-2019, 03:38 PM
man..all of the trash talking fan bases are on the other side. wtf do we even say to Holy Cross? They beat the Gopher hockey team like 15 years ago.

I'd go with something about our satanic hand gesture.

oldmantutters
11-24-2019, 03:38 PM
So the 400 (500?) mile bus ride rule, is that as the crow flies? Or distance driven?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

heffray
11-24-2019, 03:39 PM
But that was before SDSU lost their RB, correct? They don't seem to be the same team anymore. Prior to the last couple weeks' of injuries, I would have put SDSU and ISUr as the seeds, with UNI around 9th or 10th. But they are just not the same teams they were two or three weeks ago.

I think Strong went down in that game actually. But I don’t know if the committee considers injuries. I guess we’ll see.

ndsubison1
11-24-2019, 03:40 PM

Yes, Im not sure why people arent putting Nova as a seed

Also starting to think theyll put in KSU

heffray
11-24-2019, 03:41 PM
So the 400 (500?) mile bus ride rule, is that as the crow flies? Or distance driven?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

It’s 400 and I bet it’s road mileage. That’s how you legally report your mileage for tax purposes and it’s a similar NCAA policy.

EC8CH
11-24-2019, 03:44 PM
It’s 400 and I bet it’s road mileage. That’s how you legally report your mileage for tax purposes and it’s a similar NCAA policy.

What if Stigs driving the bus and you cut through some ditches on your way to Grand Forks?

Hammersmith
11-24-2019, 03:45 PM
I think Strong went down in that game actually. But I don’t know if the committee considers injuries. I guess we’ll see.

I don't think they speculate, but I think they take it into account if it shows on the field. IOW, if Strong had gone down yesterday, they wouldn't have penalized SDSU because they could only guess how bad the injury would affect them. But the committee was able to see the effect during the USD game, so that puts it in play to be considered. They want the 24 best teams right now, not the 24 best teams from a couple weeks ago. But if they know it's highly likely the player will be back for the playoffs, then that penalty goes away.

CAS4127
11-24-2019, 03:50 PM
I don't think they speculate, but I think they take it into account if it shows on the field. IOW, if Strong had gone down yesterday, they wouldn't have penalized SDSU because they could only guess how bad the injury would affect them. But the committee was able to see the effect during the USD game, so that puts it in play to be considered. They want the 24 best teams right now, not the 24 best teams from a couple weeks ago. But if they know it's highly likely the player will be back for the playoffs, then that penalty goes away.

I didn’t see “injuries” as one of the committee’s criteria?

Also, I feel like you may be giving the committee too much credit by thinking they know about them.

Hammersmith
11-24-2019, 03:55 PM

Also, I feel like you may be giving the committee too much credit by thinking they know about them.

The committee is better than most give them credit for. There are four regional advisory committees made up of ADs from that region to keep up with this stuff. Those advisory committees pass on the info to the main committee, which is also made up of ADs. If Matt Larson was the MVFC rep on the committee, would we bash him saying he was clueless and didn't know jack about football?

heffray
11-24-2019, 03:57 PM

Yeah I don’t know if they would consider this, but... if you read the criteria closely enough, it lists about 10 things they use as criteria, but before the list, they say “including, but not limited to:” So who knows if someone might know about the key injury and say something... I’m with CAS, I think it’s unlikely.

I think between SDSU and UNI getting a seed, if you look at the last 2 weeks, it’s how you value the pisspounding of SDSU over UNI against a close loss to an in-state rival. If you look at it that way, I don’t see how you can give a seed to UNI and not SDSU.

But that would ALSO probably be giving the committee too much credit...

HerdistheWord
11-24-2019, 04:01 PM

Izzo and Kolpack mentioned that the committee takes injuries into consideration during yesterday’s pregrame.

heffray
11-24-2019, 04:02 PM
Izzo and Kolpack mentioned that the committee takes injuries into consideration during yesterday’s pregrame.

Interesting. I wonder where they get that from?

El_Chapo
11-24-2019, 04:05 PM
Interesting. I wonder where they get that from?

theirs asses like most of their takes

heffray
11-24-2019, 04:07 PM
theirs asses like most of their takes

I would assume that they talk to committee members at some point and got some anecdotal thoughts, but “injuries” are not on the official criteria list, though a disclaimer basically says they can do what they want.

THEsocalledfan
11-24-2019, 04:27 PM
Live look at the committee when they realize they have a way to assure UND or SDSU ends their season in Fargo:

https://media1.giphy.com/media/mBAGherh31VdEIXyJg/giphy.gif

JMB
11-24-2019, 04:30 PM
If UND gets left out, they can blame it on not playing 12 games. (Although I doubt they are left out).

ndsubison1
11-24-2019, 04:41 PM
I thought theyd for sure have Nova in there over SDSU. That will be a tough 2nd rd matchup for someone.

NDSUstudent
11-24-2019, 04:54 PM
Just missed on Furman....had them last out. Seeds weren't too bad, still surpised by SDSU.

ndsubison1
11-24-2019, 05:09 PM
I dont see KSU being better than Towson or SIU

NDSUSR
11-24-2019, 05:10 PM
I would assume that they talk to committee members at some point and got some anecdotal thoughts, but “injuries” are not on the official criteria list, though a disclaimer basically says they can do what they want.

Player availability is part of the criteria.

heffray
11-24-2019, 05:13 PM
Player availability is part of the criteria.

Good catch.

56BISON73
11-25-2019, 02:00 AM

I read that some where in the last two weeks. I will see if I can find it.

bisoneer
11-26-2019, 12:35 AM
I will kind of half heartedly cheer for Bubba and Und, but only because then if they win, we get to have another last laugh as their season ends in Fgo.