PDA

View Full Version : Bracketology 3.0

NDSUstudent
11-18-2019, 02:20 AM
Right now my biggest dilemmas are KSU and who the heck is going to be the 8th seed. It seems like Wofford, Monmouth, UNI, Nova and UCA all have claims to the last seed....When in doubt I like going with a conference champ so Wofford got the nod...They have some bad losses but all of these teams have warts.

Autobids(10):
Big Sky: Montana
Big South: Monmouth
CAA: JMU
MVFC: NDSU
NEC: CCSU
OVC: Austin Peay
Patriot: Holy Cross
PFL: USD
SoCon: Wofford
SLC: SELA

At-Large(14): Weber State, Sac State, Illinois State, SDSU, Villanova, UCA, UNI, SEMO, Towson, Albany, Furman, UND, Montana State, SIU

The Field
Holy Cross at Albany vs 1. NDSU
SELA at Furman vs 8. Wofford

USD at Montana State vs 4. Weber State
SEMO at UNI vs 5. ISUR

Austin Peay at SIU vs 3. Montana
UND at UCA vs 6. SDSU

CCSU at Villanova vs 7. Sac State
Monmouth at Towson vs 2. JMU

Last Team In: SIU
Last Team Out: Kennesaw State
Next Out: Nichols, SCSU, NCAT, UTM, Maine, EWU, The Citadel

ndsubison1
11-18-2019, 02:21 AM
This is the scenario of MSU beating Montana. 4 Big Sky teams seeded, but feel Montanas resume too good to not seed. Weber moves back to #3 with only 1 FCS loss and an OOC win over UNI. I also have Albany losing at SBU. Citadel gets in with win over Wofford.

Citadel at UND vs. 1. NDSU
SEMO at Illinois St vs. 8 Montana
San Diego at SELA vs. 4 Sac State
Austin Peay at Furman vs 5. SDSU

Central Arkansas at Wofford vs. 3. Weber St
CCSU at Holy Cross vs. 6 Villanova
SIU at Northern Iowa vs. 7 Montana St
Monmouth at Towson vs. 2 JMU

NDSUstudent
11-18-2019, 02:27 AM
I do agree that Montana is a seed, that said I also feel like ISUR is a seed as well barring some kind of debacle against YSU. Their win at SDSU is pretty solid.

89MTBISON
11-18-2019, 02:27 AM
Surely the committee will find a way to give the CAA three seeds, they are the best conference after all.

NDSUstudent
11-18-2019, 02:30 AM
NoBowls bracket...

http://nobowls.com/images/week12.png

NDSU92
11-18-2019, 02:44 AM
NoBowls bracket...

Holy smokes is the JMU side of that bracket overloaded

Professor Chaos
11-18-2019, 02:45 AM
This is the scenario of MSU beating Montana. 4 Big Sky teams seeded, but feel Montanas resume too good to not seed. Weber moves back to #3 with only 1 FCS loss and an OOC win over UNI. I also have Albany losing at SBU. Citadel gets in with win over Wofford.

Citadel at UND vs. 1. NDSU
SEMO at Illinois St vs. 8 Montana
San Diego at SELA vs. 4 Sac State
Austin Peay at Furman vs 5. SDSU

Central Arkansas at Wofford vs. 3. Weber St
CCSU at Holy Cross vs. 6 Villanova
SIU at Northern Iowa vs. 7 Montana St
Monmouth at Towson vs. 2 JMU
Villanova a 6? Are you assuming the committee horrendously overvalues them or do you see their resume as worthy of a 6 seed. I'd certainly disagree if it's that latter and I'd hope the former wouldn't be the case but you never know. If Nova loses to Delaware I would be sweating a little if I were them come Sunday morning at 8-4 (4-4) with a creampuff laden OOC schedule.

El_Chapo
11-18-2019, 03:36 AM
und will not make the playoffs. you people are nuts.

1 playoff win by a blocked fg td. 3 other wins by 7 or less. 2 really bad losses PLUS all the 7-5 FCS teams that are really 7-4 (FBS loss) or nicholls with 2 which makes them 7-2 in FCS.

und shouldnt sniff the playoffs you guys barely beat a 2-9 UNC team at home? bhahaha.

tjbison
11-18-2019, 11:17 AM
NoBowls bracket...

Lol...this would be awesome

1998braves64
11-18-2019, 11:31 AM
NoBowls bracket...

http://nobowls.com/images/week12.pngNah too easy for NDSU. All the good teams are on the wrong side of bracket.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

scottietohottie
11-18-2019, 12:06 PM
Nah too easy for NDSU. All the good teams are on the wrong side of bracket.

That's how the number one seed us supposed to work.

But it don't matter anyways.

heffray
11-18-2019, 02:41 PM
So the big question is what to do with Weber/Montana/Sac and SDSU/ISUr/UNI. They all beat eachother, you could argue they all deserve a seed, but where? do you look at point differential in the games?

Big Sky:
10/19: Montana 22 - Sac 49 (Montana -27, Sac +27)
11/2: Weber 36 - Sac 17 (Weber +19, Sac +8)
11/9: Weber 16 - Montana 35 (Weber even, Montana -8)
... Sac +8, Weber even, Montana -8 ...

Missouri Valley:
11/2: UNI 27 - ISUr 10 (UNI +17, ISUr -17)
11/9: ISUr 27 - SDSU 18 (ISUr -8, SDSU -9)
11/16: UNI 7 - SDSU 38 (UNI -14, SDSU +22)
... SDSU +22, ISUr -8, UNI -14 ...

Big Sky schools will be tougher to seed because if they all win next week, they all tie for the conference title. I can see UNI being left out of the seeding picture at this point.

ndsubison1
11-18-2019, 02:50 PM
If we're being honest their should be 4 Valley Schools Seeded, 3 Big Sky, and JMU. But that wont happen. Montana State can bring themselves into the picture if they beat Montana.

All 3 Big Sky have very good resumes. Id put Weber at 3 still, considering they beat UNI OOC. That being said, the committee is going to have some difficult decisions with seeding and the last couple teams in.

Mr Meaty
11-18-2019, 02:57 PM

I was thinking the same thing.

Professor Chaos
11-18-2019, 03:27 PM
So the big question is what to do with Weber/Montana/Sac and SDSU/ISUr/UNI. They all beat eachother, you could argue they all deserve a seed, but where? do you look at point differential in the games?

Big Sky:

Missouri Valley:

Big Sky schools will be tougher to seed because if they all win next week, they all tie for the conference title. I can see UNI being left out of the seeding picture at this point.
That Weber St/Montana game wasn't as close as the 35-16 score indicated. Weber St outscored them 13-0 in the 4th quarter with their final TD coming with 14 seconds left in the game. They had less than 200 yards of total offense and were down 35-3 going into the 4th quarter.

heffray
11-18-2019, 03:59 PM
That Weber St/Montana game wasn't as close as the 35-16 score indicated. Weber St outscored them 13-0 in the 4th quarter with their final TD coming with 14 seconds left in the game. They had less than 200 yards of total offense and were down 35-3 going into the 4th quarter.

I think Sac St still gets the edge on point differential.

G_Funky
11-18-2019, 04:31 PM
NoBowls bracket...

This would be interesting...a whole slew of new teams in the Fargo Dome.

noryan34
11-18-2019, 04:32 PM
I think Sac St still gets the edge on point differential.

I think Sac state gets knocked since there loss came at home and Montana and Weber losses were on the road.

I dont see how you can separate the 3 Big Sky teams and it is hard to put a MVFC team in the middle of that sandwich

This is what i came up with trying to account for the bus trips. I can see the 5-7 seed matchups getting moved around.

CCSU @ Holy Cross vs. 1 NDSU
Albany @ Villanova vs. 8 Monmouth
San Diego @ Montana St vs. 5 Sac State
Furman @ Towson vs. 4 Weber State
SEMO @ SELA vs. 3 Montana
UCA @ Austin Peay vs. 6 Illinois State
Southern Ill @ UNI vs. 7 SDSU
Kenesaw @ Wofford vs. 2 JMU

Last 2 in: Kennesaw, SIU
First 2 out: Nicholls, UND

cbline
11-18-2019, 05:05 PM

Good, let them have the "Bracket of Death."

HerdThat!
11-18-2019, 05:37 PM
Montana meet up in Frisco would be awesome

heffray
11-18-2019, 05:43 PM
I think Sac state gets knocked since there loss came at home and Montana and Weber losses were on the road.

I dont see how you can separate the 3 Big Sky teams and it is hard to put a MVFC team in the middle of that sandwich

This is what i came up with trying to account for the bus trips. I can see the 5-7 seed matchups getting moved around.

CCSU @ Holy Cross vs. 1 NDSU
Albany @ Villanova vs. 8 Monmouth
San Diego @ Montana St vs. 5 Sac State
Furman @ Towson vs. 4 Weber State
SEMO @ SELA vs. 3 Montana
UCA @ Austin Peay vs. 6 Illinois State
Southern Ill @ UNI vs. 7 SDSU
Kenesaw @ Wofford vs. 2 JMU

Last 2 in: Kennesaw, SIU
First 2 out: Nicholls, UND

Yeah, my comment was only regarding point differential. I don't know if the committee looks too closely at that, and it does seem like Montana is a more impressive team from a recency bias standpoint. I also think Weber has a more impressive record with the win over UNI (someone stated this earlier). Just crazy. But I think the way you have it set up where they are 3-5 is probably right. The problem is, where they end up on that 3-5 spectrum has massive implications. It literally decides a home field advantage and flips a whole side of a bracket.

I'll add that if SDSU blows out USD this weekend, i could see them sneaking into the 3-5 spot, especially if Montana loses to MSU.

noryan34
11-18-2019, 05:53 PM
Yeah, my comment was only regarding point differential. I don't know if the committee looks too closely at that, and it does seem like Montana is a more impressive team from a recency bias standpoint. I also think Weber has a more impressive record with the win over UNI (someone stated this earlier). Just crazy. But I think the way you have it set up where they are 3-5 is probably right. The problem is, where they end up on that 3-5 spectrum has massive implications. It literally decides a home field advantage and flips a whole side of a bracket.

I'll add that if SDSU blows out USD this weekend, i could see them sneaking into the 3-5 spot, especially if Montana loses to MSU.

Ya I think SDSU is probably better than 1-2 of those Big Sky teams. But to put them there you have to have them leap frog Illinois State who beat them at their place. Also not sure about the FCS committee but I think the FBS takes into consideration significant injuries so I do not see SDSU jumping much higher than ~6 unless other teams lose this weekend

TAILG8R
11-18-2019, 06:20 PM
This would be interesting...a whole slew of new teams in the Fargo Dome.

Thats how I know this bracket is waaaay off. ;)

bisonaudit
11-18-2019, 07:27 PM

Big Sky:

Missouri Valley:

If that happens they’ll likely default to the conference’s criteria by making the autobid the highest seed and then probably determine the other 2 on head to head. This incentivizes conferences to devise the worst possible autobid criteria.

NDSUstudent
11-18-2019, 07:39 PM
Starting to think Kenessaw will be in, they don't really belong but the committee probably isn't intelligent enough to see past their inflated record and overrated rankings. They are in the top 10 of the coaches poll, which is well amazing.

oldmantutters
11-18-2019, 07:57 PM
Montana meet up in Frisco would be awesomeThis is what I'm hoping for.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

NDSUstudent
11-18-2019, 08:01 PM
Can Montana win at JMU? I'm not so sure...I would pick them in Missoula though.

Bison4x
11-19-2019, 12:26 AM
The seeding at this point doesn't mean squat. The committee will place SDSU, Montana, Montana St., N. Iowa and probably ISU-Red on NDSU's side of the bracket because of proximity to save money. Change my mind.

Professor Chaos
11-19-2019, 12:28 AM
The seeding at this point doesn't mean squat. The committee will place SDSU, Montana, Montana St., N. Iowa and probably ISU-Red on NDSU's side of the bracket because of proximity to save money. Change my mind.
You have no clue how the committee sets the seeds. Change my mind.

El_Chapo
11-19-2019, 12:30 AM

Agree.. just like D2 playoff system.

Hammerhead
11-19-2019, 12:45 AM
Montana meet up in Frisco would be awesome

Especially if you are scalping tickets.

1998braves64
11-19-2019, 03:39 AM
That's how the number one seed us supposed to work.

But it don't matter anyways.My purple font didn't show up on your screen? [emoji3]

CAS4127
11-19-2019, 03:52 AM
If that happens they’ll likely default to the conference’s criteria by making the autobid the highest seed and then probably determine the other 2 on head to head. This incentivizes conferences to devise the worst possible autobid criteria.

Why do I think your sagarin ratings come into play?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ndsubison1
11-19-2019, 04:04 AM
Illinois State QB out for season with knee injury

bisonaudit
11-19-2019, 05:02 AM
Why do I think your sagarin ratings come into play?

They could at least stop punishing the team with the “best loss” as the Big Sky does now. After head-to-head the next criteria is best record against common conference opponents in descending order. (Sagarin is their 4th criteria.)

MNLonghorn10
11-19-2019, 08:23 AM
Illinois State QB out for season with knee injuryWasnt he historically shitty, like 40% completion?

I just want new blood besides fucking Colgate. So bored with San Diego, Wofford, sdsu, any mvfc.

Not that it matters because ndsu will win by 30.

bajadanny
11-19-2019, 09:21 AM
Wasnt he historically shitty, like 40% completion?

I just want new blood besides fucking Colgate. So bored with San Diego, Wofford, sdsu, any mvfc.

Not that it matters because ndsu will win by 30.

Yeah no kidding like going to see the same movie over y over!

bisonaudit
11-19-2019, 09:55 AM
Yeah no kidding like going to see the same movie over y over!

Not like seeing the same movie over and over. Just like going to see a movie 16 Saturdays in a row, though, most of them end the same.

Professor Chaos
11-19-2019, 11:30 AM
They could at least stop punishing the team with the “best loss” as the Big Sky does now. After head-to-head the next criteria is best record against common conference opponents in descending order. (Sagarin is their 4th criteria.)
Considering the only Big Sky game any of those top 3 have lost is to each other it will come down to Sagarin ratings unless Montana St beats Montana this weekend in which case Weber's head-to-head win over Sac St will get them the autobid unless they pull a UND a find a way to lose to 3-8 Idaho St.

bisonaudit
11-19-2019, 11:45 AM
Considering the only Big Sky game any of those top 3 have lost is to each other it will come down to Sagarin ratings unless Montana St beats Montana this weekend in which case Weber's head-to-head win over Sac St will get them the autobid unless they pull a UND a find a way to lose to 3-8 Idaho St.

The fact remains the process is terrible. The committee should not assume that the auto bid team is the best team but they have and they will very likely continue to.

Professor Chaos
11-19-2019, 12:35 PM
The fact remains the process is terrible. The committee should not assume that the auto bid team is the best team but they have and they will very likely continue to.
They don't always. In 2015 NDSU was the MVFC auto but was seeded below Illinois St who they shared the title with. But last year I'm pretty sure the committee chair even called out the fact that Maine being the CAA auto got them a seed over JMU.

bisonaudit
11-19-2019, 12:55 PM
They don't always. In 2015 NDSU was the MVFC auto but was seeded below Illinois St who they shared the title with. But last year I'm pretty sure the committee chair even called out the fact that Maine being the CAA auto got them a seed over JMU.

It would be good if last year’s statement by the committee chair doesn’t establish a precedent, so I hope they’re presented with a legitimate opportunity to refute it sooner rather than later.

Bisonator98
11-19-2019, 01:01 PM
I just hope we don't have to watch 6 CAA teams shit the bed again this year. Or see all 5 MVFC teams on one side of the bracket.

oldmantutters
11-19-2019, 01:24 PM
I just hope we don't have to watch 6 CAA teams shit the bed again this year. Or see all 5 MVFC teams on one side of the bracket.I'm sure they will come up with something new to blow our minds. All of the conference champs from the scholarship leagues get a seed?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
11-19-2019, 01:31 PM
I just hope we don't have to watch 6 CAA teams shit the bed again this year. Or see all 5 MVFC teams on one side of the bracket.
The former seems a less than 1% likelihood this year. The latter isn't possible within the rules anymore.

However, what would be frustrating is if they set the seeds something like NDSU at #1, SDSU at #5, and Illinois St at #8 (so they're all on the top side of the bracket) then feed UNI into SDSU or Illinois St but add SIU as one of the last teams in the field and stick them on the bottom side of the bracket just to satisfy the requirement that conferences with 4 or more teams in the playoffs can't have all their teams in one half of the bracket.

Bisonator98
11-19-2019, 01:42 PM
The former seems a less than 1% likelihood this year. The latter isn't possible within the rules anymore.

However, what would be frustrating is if they set the seeds something like NDSU at #1, SDSU at #5, and Illinois St at #8 (so they're all on the top side of the bracket) then feed UNI into SDSU or Illinois St but add SIU as one of the last teams in the field and stick them on the bottom side of the bracket just to satisfy the requirement that conferences with 4 or more teams in the playoffs can't have all their teams in one half of the bracket.

They changed that and made it a rule? Guess I missed that.

El_Chapo
11-19-2019, 02:06 PM
Regionalization is D2

Professor Chaos
11-19-2019, 02:10 PM
They changed that and made it a rule? Guess I missed that.
Yeah, after the 2015 season when all 5 MVFC teams where on the bottom side of the bracket. They're allowed to add an extra flight if they have to do so to split up the teams from a conference with 4 or more teams in the field.

Of course in 2015 they wouldn't have even had to add a flight. They fed UNI into #6 Portland St that year which was obviously a flight same as it would've been to feed them into any seed on the top side of the bracket. They could've swapped them with Colgate/New Hampshire on the top side of the bracket feeding into #5 JMU since neither of those schools were within 400 miles of JMU either.

turkeybucket
11-19-2019, 02:20 PM
I don't see how you separate SDSU, UNI, and ISUr. I also don't see how you separate Montana, Weber, and Sac St. I think those are the #3-8 teams, but I don't know how to sequence them. The committee won't seed it that way. They'll seed another CAA team or worse. I'd probably go Griz, Weber, Sac St, SDSU, ISU, UNI. The committee is going to leave one of the Valley teams unseeded so we will see them in the dome the first Saturday in December.

Hammersmith
11-19-2019, 02:40 PM
I don't see how you separate SDSU, UNI, and ISUr. I also don't see how you separate Montana, Weber, and Sac St. I think those are the #3-8 teams, but I don't know how to sequence them. The committee won't seed it that way. They'll seed another CAA team or worse. I'd probably go Griz, Weber, Sac St, SDSU, ISU, UNI. The committee is going to leave one of the Valley teams unseeded so we will see them in the dome the first Saturday in December.

Considering the injuries to the other MVFC teams, it probably would be fair to not seed them all. It's a mess. I don't know which of the three teams is the most gutted. All have lost their starting QB. I think they've all lost either their star RB or WR(or both if you're UNI). Even with 3 or 4 MVFC seeds this year, I don't expect the Valley to do all that much outside of NDSU. Just too many critical losses.

Professor Chaos
11-19-2019, 03:55 PM
That's pretty unlikely unless SDSU is the unseeded MVFC team. Barring multiple big upsets at least two of the 3 between SDSU, UNI, and Illinois St will be seeded. UNI is bus distance from SDSU and Illinois St but not from NDSU. Illinois St is bus distance to UNI but not to SDSU or NDSU. SDSU is bus distance to NDSU and UNI but not to Illinois St.

Much better likelihood that SDSU or Illinois St is the seeded MVFC team to see UNI in their first playoff game IMO.

Considering the injuries to the other MVFC teams, it probably would be fair to not seed them all. It's a mess. I don't know which of the three teams is the most gutted. All have lost their starting QB. I think they've all lost either their star RB or WR(or both if you're UNI). Even with 3 or 4 MVFC seeds this year, I don't expect the Valley to do all that much outside of NDSU. Just too many critical losses.
UNI's starting QB McElvain is still relatively healthy I believe. Pretty much every other offensive skill position for them has been gutted by injuries though.

tolnabison
11-19-2019, 04:00 PM
https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/18001

I found this article to be a very good breakdown of the FCS bracket and teams on the bubble.

heffray
11-19-2019, 04:11 PM

Maybe post the official criteria for truth? Anyone know where it is?

Professor Chaos
11-19-2019, 04:23 PM
Maybe post the official criteria for truth? Anyone know where it is?
If you can handle the speaker's terrible presentation skills/delivery this 15 minute video on the selection process and criteria was much more informative for me than even reading through the championship handbook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FECEd5QPiA

Hammersmith
11-19-2019, 04:26 PM
UNI's starting QB McElvain is still relatively healthy I believe. Pretty much every other offensive skill position for them has been gutted by injuries though.

You're correct. He's a freshman just like all of the locked MVFC are now(NDSU, UNI, SDSU & ISUr), so I guess I just assumed. We probably both saw the same post by clenz on AGS.

heffray
11-19-2019, 07:17 PM
If you can handle the speaker's terrible presentation skills/delivery this 15 minute video on the selection process and criteria was much more informative for me than even reading through the championship handbook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FECEd5QPiA

Thanks.

I pulled some data out of there that I thought would be helpful. I think its important to note that the first criteria says "...the committee may consider comparative data of individual teams, including, but not limited to..." so its not as if they are only allowed to use these, and it doesn't look like they use it in any particular order of importance. Also, I didn't see Sagarin listed anywhere, unless that is the "NCAA SRS data." Anyone know what that is?

"General Principles for Selection, Seeding, and Bracketing (Continued):
4. At any time during the process, the committee may consider comparative data of individual teams, including, but not limited to:
A. Overall Record
B. Record Against Div 1 opponents (an institution with less than six Div 1 wins may place that team in jeopardy of not being selected)
C. Record against opponents from other AQ conferences
D. Record against FBS opponents
E. Head-to-Head record
F. Record against common opponents
G. NCAA Simple Rating System (NCAA SRS) data
H. FCS Coaches Poll
I. Input from Regional Advisory Committees

Guidelines for the Establishment of the 24-Team bracket (Continued):
2. Seeding:
A. Once the 24 Championship Teams have been determined, the Committee shall seed the Top 8 teams
B. Committee members will recommend teams to be considered in the seed pool. A team must received at least 30% of the votes to be included in the seed pool. Committee members with teams under consideration may be present and participate in this vote
C. Each member will rank the teams in the seed pool via poll vote. The teams will be preliminarily ranked according to the vote totals they receive. They Committee will then review this preliminary rank and engage in discussion. The Committee will then engage in a poll vote of the seed pool teams to determine the Top 8 seeds in rank order (the output of that second poll vote)

3. Pairings:
A. The teams awarded the top 8 seeds shall receive a first-round bye and are placed in the appropriate positions in the bracket (1, 8, 4, and 5 in the upper half; 2, 7, 3, and 6 in the lower half)
B. The remaining 16 teams will play first round games and will be paired according to the geographic proximity of the top eight seeds previously placed into the bracket
C. It is the committees charge to do their best to minimize the number of flights during the championship. The NCAA mileage threshold for mandatory team travel via ground is 400 miles
D. Teams from the same conference will not be paired for first-round games (except for teams from the same conference that did not play against eachother during the regular season; such teams may play eachother in the first round)
E. Once the first-round pairings have been determined, there will be no adjustments to the bracket (e.g. a seeded team may play a conference opponent that advanced out of the first round)"

Professor Chaos
11-19-2019, 07:35 PM
The SRS is the NCAA's computer rankings system that they introduced in 2013. They never release it until after the bracket is announced and it has pretty much always been garbage (as is the Coaches Poll). They have released some information about the formula for it that's posted on AGS if you're interested (link (https://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?238904-NCAA-FCS-Selection-Committee-NCAA-By-Laws-amp-the-SRS-Basics)). Their selections for seeds or the at-large teams haven't really matched very well with the SRS or the Coaches Poll in the past so I think it's safe to say they don't use either for more than just a reference point.

I think if the committee is being honest they'll tell you the SRS and Coaches Poll data isn't worth the paper (or screen space) it's printed on when they are having their deliberations but they'll be diplomatic about it when asked on the record.

ndsubison1
11-19-2019, 08:43 PM
I could see them putting in a 7-5 Maine over UND.

89MTBISON
11-19-2019, 11:14 PM
From Stats

BIG SKY

Only Montana (9-2, 6-1), Sacramento State (8-3, 6-1) or Weber State (8-3, 6-1) can claim the AQ. Montana State (8-3, 5-2) and Eastern Washington (6-5, 5-2) can tie for the title, but need to win their games and have the three first-place teams lose this week.

According to the conference, the AQ scenarios are:

- If Montana, Sacramento State and Weber State finish tied at 7-1, Montana gets the AQ;

- If Montana and Weber State finish tied at 7-1, Montana gets the AQ;

- If Sacramento State and Weber State finish tied at 7-1, Weber State gets the AQ;

- If Montana and Sacramento State finish tied at 7-1, Sacramento State gets the AQ;

- If Eastern Washington, Montana, Montana State, Sacramento State and Weber State finish tied at 6-2, Sacramento State gets the AQ;

- If Montana, Montana State, Sacramento State and Weber State finish tied at 6-2, Sacramento State gets the AQ

Could that get more complicated? Maybe not if the Griz win on saturday.

bisonaudit
11-19-2019, 11:35 PM
Thanks.

I pulled some data out of there that I thought would be helpful. I think its important to note that the first criteria says "...the committee may consider comparative data of individual teams, including, but not limited to..." so its not as if they are only allowed to use these, and it doesn't look like they use it in any particular order of importance. Also, I didn't see Sagarin listed anywhere, unless that is the "NCAA SRS data." Anyone know what that is?

"General Principles for Selection, Seeding, and Bracketing (Continued):
4. At any time during the process, the committee may consider comparative data of individual teams, including, but not limited to:
A. Overall Record
B. Record Against Div 1 opponents (an institution with less than six Div 1 wins may place that team in jeopardy of not being selected)
C. Record against opponents from other AQ conferences
D. Record against FBS opponents
E. Head-to-Head record
F. Record against common opponents
G. NCAA Simple Rating System (NCAA SRS) data
H. FCS Coaches Poll
I. Input from Regional Advisory Committees

Guidelines for the Establishment of the 24-Team bracket (Continued):
2. Seeding:
A. Once the 24 Championship Teams have been determined, the Committee shall seed the Top 8 teams
B. Committee members will recommend teams to be considered in the seed pool. A team must received at least 30% of the votes to be included in the seed pool. Committee members with teams under consideration may be present and participate in this vote
C. Each member will rank the teams in the seed pool via poll vote. The teams will be preliminarily ranked according to the vote totals they receive. They Committee will then review this preliminary rank and engage in discussion. The Committee will then engage in a poll vote of the seed pool teams to determine the Top 8 seeds in rank order (the output of that second poll vote)

3. Pairings:
A. The teams awarded the top 8 seeds shall receive a first-round bye and are placed in the appropriate positions in the bracket (1, 8, 4, and 5 in the upper half; 2, 7, 3, and 6 in the lower half)
B. The remaining 16 teams will play first round games and will be paired according to the geographic proximity of the top eight seeds previously placed into the bracket
C. It is the committees charge to do their best to minimize the number of flights during the championship. The NCAA mileage threshold for mandatory team travel via ground is 400 miles
D. Teams from the same conference will not be paired for first-round games (except for teams from the same conference that did not play against eachother during the regular season; such teams may play eachother in the first round)
E. Once the first-round pairings have been determined, there will be no adjustments to the bracket (e.g. a seeded team may play a conference opponent that advanced out of the first round)"

The committee doesn’t use Sagarin. It’s the 4th tie break criteria for the Big Sky auto bid.

heffray
11-19-2019, 11:56 PM
The committee doesn’t use Sagarin. It’s the 4th tie break criteria for the Big Sky auto bid.

I misunderstood.

But I’m glad I did because it caused me to look all that up and get it on paper. Useful shot, that... useful...

El_Chapo
11-20-2019, 08:24 PM
Dec 13 / 14 Playoff weekend.

what's odds of NDSU playing 13th? have we played quarterfinals always at 11am Saturday? help

Bison Bridge Guy
11-20-2019, 08:39 PM
Dec 13 / 14 Playoff weekend.

what's odds of NDSU playing 13th? have we played quarterfinals always at 11am Saturday? help

There are no Friday playoff games this year. https://fbschedules.com/fcs-playoff-schedule/

Professor Chaos
11-20-2019, 08:51 PM
There are no Friday playoff games this year. https://fbschedules.com/fcs-playoff-schedule/
I'm pretty sure that site is wrong. The NCAA web site that set off the investigation as to whether the Friday night semi was getting moved to Saturday still lists Friday 12/13 as a quarterfinal day: http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/football-championship-subdivision-fcs-selections-101

As far as NDSU getting that game I suppose anything is possible but they've been on the 11AM Saturday time slot for the quarters every year since 2013 even when that game briefly moved to ESPN2 in 2017 when they played Wofford. I'd say if that 11AM Saturday quarterfinal is still on the ESPN mothership it's pretty likely NDSU is in that game (assuming of course that they're still playing).

kingbison
11-21-2019, 05:24 AM
There is no Friday night semifinal game. Quarterfinals will be played on Friday and Saturday

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

El_Chapo
11-21-2019, 03:44 PM
There is no Friday night semifinal game. Quarterfinals will be played on Friday and Saturday

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

So Dec 13 1 Friday Night game ESPN 2
Dec 14 1 11am ESPN game
Dec 14 2 1pm games ESPNU

right?

Professor Chaos
11-21-2019, 03:46 PM
So Dec 13 1 Friday Night game ESPN 2
Dec 14 1 11am ESPN game
Dec 14 2 1pm games ESPNU

right?
I don't think the network spots for the quarters have been announced yet but that's typically been right for the first 2 games you have listed but the other two quarterfinals have only been on ESPN3 in the past. One year (I believe it was 2015) they actually had 2 quarterfinals on Friday night but the 2nd one was only on ESPN3. I believe that was Colgate at Sam Houston St and they played on Friday night due to inclement weather forecasted on Saturday.

El_Chapo
11-21-2019, 03:53 PM
I don't think the network spots for the quarters have been announced yet but that's typically been right for the first 2 games you have listed but the other two quarterfinals have only been on ESPN3 in the past. One year (I believe it was 2015) they actually had 2 quarterfinals on Friday night but the 2nd one was only on ESPN3. I believe that was Colgate at Sam Houston St and they played on Friday night due to inclement weather forecasted on Saturday.

gotcha thanks.

So for a XMAS company party on Sat 14th at 5pm. I have about a 50/50 chance of making the xmas party haha.

ndsubison1
11-22-2019, 03:06 AM
Nicholls gets the AQ. Will SELA get in?

El_Chapo
11-22-2019, 03:08 AM
yes they will. 3 teams. especially with the Southland rep being the head of it. right?

NICHOLLS, UCA & SELA

sorry bubble teams. lol

Gully
11-22-2019, 03:23 AM
yes they will. 3 teams. especially with the Southland rep being the head of it. right?

NICHOLLS, UCA & SELA

sorry bubble teams. lol

that can't help Bubba

56BISON73
11-22-2019, 03:25 AM

NICHOLLS, UCA & SELA

sorry bubble teams. lol

The rep must recuse himself from all conversation regarding those teams from his conference.

ndsubison1
11-22-2019, 03:28 AM
Committee chair I believe is from JSU

NDSU92
11-22-2019, 03:57 AM
The rep must recuse himself from all conversation regarding those teams from his conference.

Lmao just like New Hampshire’s did all of those years

El_Chapo
11-22-2019, 04:16 AM
Lmao just like New Hampshire’s did all of those years

lol bazinga. it's like putting your CEO in the hallway. you still gonna appease him

Christopher Moen
11-22-2019, 04:54 AM
that can't help Bubba

They are even more screwed now.

Hammersmith
11-22-2019, 05:27 AM

No. A committee member from a school must leave the room when their school is talked about. A committee member from a conference office must leave the room when a member of their conference is being talked about. The manual does not say a member from a school that is representing a conference must leave the room when other schools from their conference are being talked about. I think this is why the conferences often select athletic directors from schools not normally in the running for an at-large bid to be their representatives. The current MVFC rep is the AD from Missouri State. He can stay in the room for any discussions on MVFC schools except MSU.

Section 2.3 Selection Criteria
5. If a committee member’s institution is under consideration, that committee member will not be allowed in the room during discussions involving his/her team and may not vote for his/her team during the voting process. Similarly, a committee member from a conference office may not be present during discussions, nor vote for any team from his/her conference.

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/championships/sports/football/d1/2019-20D1MFB_PreChampsManual.pdf

56BISON73
11-22-2019, 05:38 AM
No. A committee member from a school must leave the room when their school is talked about. A committee member from a conference office must leave the room when a member of their conference is being talked about. The manual does not say a member from a school that is representing a conference must leave the room when other schools from their conference are being talked about. I think this is why the conferences often select athletic directors from schools not normally in the running for an at-large bid to be their representatives. The current MVFC rep is the AD from Missouri State. He can stay in the room for any discussions on MVFC schools except MSU.

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/championships/sports/football/d1/2019-20D1MFB_PreChampsManual.pdf

Similarly, a committee member from a conference office may not be present during discussions, nor vote for any team from his/her conference.

Is this not what I said????

Hammersmith
11-22-2019, 05:51 AM
Similarly, a committee member from a conference office may not be present during discussions, nor vote for any team from his/her conference.

Is this not what I said????

I don't believe so. Each conference sends someone to the committee. That person could be an AD from a member school(say the MSU AD), or an official from the conference office(say Patty V for us). If the rep is an AD, they only have to leave if their school is being discussed. If the rep is a conference official, they have to leave for any conference member being discussed. At least that's the way I read it.

56BISON73
11-22-2019, 05:55 AM
I don't believe so. Each conference sends someone to the committee. That person could be an AD from a member school(say the MSU AD), or an official from the conference office(say Patty V for us). If the rep is an AD, they only have to leave if their school is being discussed. If the rep is a conference official, they have to leave for any conference member being discussed. At least that's the way I read it.

Ok no biggie.

cbline
11-22-2019, 11:28 AM
that can't help Bubba

Know what would help Bubba! A L-O-N-G contract extension.

cbline
11-22-2019, 03:00 PM
107.9 The Fox played "Welcome to the Jungle" on Thursday morning. Man, got me pumped up for the playoff atmosphere in the Dome. Nothing like it!

EC8CH
11-22-2019, 03:36 PM
Know what would help Bubba! A L-O-N-G contract extension.

LIFETIME contract extension. Bubba needs all the help he can get.

EC8CH
11-23-2019, 01:08 AM
We've only had three FBS wins so far this year, and we've had some really close games. I think of Central Connecticut State, they lost 34-29 to Eastern Michigan. I know that Southeastern Louisiana was very competitive with Ole Miss until late in the fourth quarter.

https://sports-yahoo-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/q-fcs-playoff-selection-chair-greg-seitz-165520931--ncaaf.html?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE%3D#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.goo gle.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fsports.yahoo.com%2Fq-fcs-playoff-selection-chair-greg-seitz-165520931--ncaaf.html

No mention of UNI taking Iowa State to triple OT or SDSU leading Minnesota in the 4th.... Hmmmmmm?

TAILG8R
11-23-2019, 03:07 AM
Holy crap this Central Arkansas - UIW game is terrible. If Cent Ark is truly #11... Wow

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

56BISON73
11-23-2019, 03:17 AM
Holy crap this Central Arkansas - UIW game is terrible. If Cent Ark is truly #11... Wow

I expected more from UCA. Geez

bisonaudit
11-23-2019, 03:28 AM

Central Arkansas isn’t 11. They aren’t top 25 even.

TAILG8R
11-23-2019, 03:29 AM
I expected more from UCA. GeezI know they were up 2-3 scores the last 6 minutes but the number of plays their defensive players pulled up and didn't finish the play was unreal.

NodakGreg
11-23-2019, 02:09 PM

Interesting brackets, I like it, but I think the committee can't stand ndsu, so bias, I thinking uni and und will be in our side since we r so close, geographically and who knows if they put the bunnies and griz on jmu side, pending montana brawl game today.
But I do like your brackets. I would like to see Albany danes come to Fargo and see their frosh qb...
Be Herd

TAILG8R
11-23-2019, 02:15 PM
Is UNI a bus ride in the playoffs? I thought they were just outside the range to be considered a bus ride to NDSU??

MNLonghorn10
11-23-2019, 03:07 PM

you can take any FCS team ranked about 8-25 and swap them with the teams ranked 26-43 and the difference in talent is very very minimal.

TAILG8R
11-23-2019, 03:29 PM
you can take any FCS team ranked about 8-25 and swap them with the teams ranked 26-43 and the difference in talent is very very minimal.I have to agree with this.

ndsubison1
11-23-2019, 05:19 PM
Is UNI a bus ride in the playoffs? I thought they were just outside the range to be considered a bus ride to NDSU??

Outside a bus ride

TAILG8R
11-23-2019, 05:21 PM
ISU red looking to fall in the standings. 14-3 Youngstown at half.

ndsubison1
11-23-2019, 05:24 PM
Illinois State trying to play themselves out of a seed, altho Brady Davis out may already do that.

Citadel would put themselves in the playoff convo if they beat Wofford, but down 14-0.

ndsubison1
11-23-2019, 05:26 PM
ISU red looking to fall in the standings. 14-3 Youngstown at half.

They will probably lose next weekend.

Hammersmith
11-23-2019, 05:29 PM
Illinois State trying to play themselves out of a seed, altho Brady Davis out may already do that.

Citadel would put themselves in the playoff convo if they beat Wofford, but down 14-0.

That Penguin Beer commercial. Oh my god. "It gets you there". Better than South Dakota ad campaigns, but not by much.

CAS4127
11-23-2019, 06:35 PM
Griz down 10/zip early in 1st. Fumble at 18 yard line on first possession then shanked 20-yard punt on next possession.

MontBison
11-23-2019, 06:45 PM
Griz down 10/zip early in 1st. Fumble at 18 yard line on first possession then shanked 20-yard punt on next possession.

Make it 17-0. Lots of game left.

bruinbison
11-23-2019, 06:48 PM
Go Bobcats!
Pooor grizzzzzlies......

tjbison
11-23-2019, 06:54 PM
Lol..come on Cats

ndsubison1
11-23-2019, 08:41 PM
MSU looking at a seed. Citadel done. Maine done. Chatty done. Furman prolly in. SEMO trying to put themselves on the bubble. KSU up big. Nova I think gets a seed.

Love the last week.

El_Chapo
11-23-2019, 09:10 PM
Right now my biggest dilemmas are KSU and who the heck is going to be the 8th seed. It seems like Wofford, Monmouth, UNI, Nova and UCA all have claims to the last seed....When in doubt I like going with a conference champ so Wofford got the nod...They have some bad losses but all of these teams have warts.

Autobids(10):
Big Sky: Montana
Big South: Monmouth
CAA: JMU
MVFC: NDSU
NEC: CCSU
OVC: Austin Peay
Patriot: Holy Cross
PFL: USD
SoCon: Wofford
SLC: SELA

At-Large(14): Weber State, Sac State, Illinois State, SDSU, Villanova, UCA, UNI, SEMO, Towson, Albany, Furman, UND, Montana State, SIU

The Field
Holy Cross at Albany vs 1. NDSU
SELA at Furman vs 8. Wofford

USD at Montana State vs 4. Weber State
SEMO at UNI vs 5. ISUR

Austin Peay at SIU vs 3. Montana
UND at UCA vs 6. SDSU

CCSU at Villanova vs 7. Sac State
Monmouth at Towson vs 2. JMU

Last Team In: SIU
Last Team Out: Kennesaw State
Next Out: Nichols, SCSU, NCAT, UTM, Maine, EWU, The Citadel

Nichols, Kennesaw 1000% in playoffs.
SCSU is 7-3 vs FCS
NC AT & T is 8-3 now.

hmmm

tjbison
11-23-2019, 09:11 PM
I'll take anyone in the field coming to Fargo

WeAreThePride
11-23-2019, 10:00 PM
Will the UNDies be playing SDSU in the first round, winner to Fargo?

HerdistheWord
11-23-2019, 10:03 PM

SDSU couldu still win. USD played stupid.

Big Bird
11-23-2019, 10:08 PM

I'd be surprised if that isn't the case now.

Kevin
11-23-2019, 10:09 PM
SDSU couldu still win. USD played stupid.

Not anymore. 24-21 final. Wow.

WeAreThePride
11-23-2019, 10:09 PM
So after that thrashing, is Montana out of a seed? Montana State has to be a lock for a seed now.

cbline
11-23-2019, 10:11 PM
Selection committee will have an interesting discussion.

bisonp
11-23-2019, 10:15 PM
Will the UNDies be playing SDSU in the first round, SDSU to Fargo?

FIFY

10 char

X-Factor
11-23-2019, 10:15 PM
Not anymore. 24-21 final. Wow.

Not gonna lie, this is just hilarious to see. They’ll be playing next weekend, then probably shipped to Fargo for another blowout loss

ndsubison1
11-23-2019, 10:18 PM
So after that thrashing, is Montana out of a seed? Montana State has to be a lock for a seed now.

No they should still be seeded

Hammersmith
11-23-2019, 10:19 PM
Selection committee will have an interesting discussion.

Hope they didn't plan on getting sleep. What a mess. Three of the top-ten lost already, and another is losing. Bubble games went in unexpected directions. Any plans they had at the start of today are out the window.

WYOBISONMAN
11-23-2019, 10:28 PM
UND ought to get in. I wonder if Montana State gets seeded and the Griz don't.

CAS4127
11-23-2019, 10:29 PM

I’m guessing both Montana schools get seeded with 9 FCS wins and that UND gets in.

What channel and time is selection show again?

2011BisonAlumni
11-23-2019, 10:31 PM

Oh Montana State is getting seeded. That is a certainty at this point.

If Sac State loses, I think they slide into top 4.

Hammersmith
11-23-2019, 10:32 PM
I’m guessing both Montana schools get seeded with 9 FCS wins and that UND gets in.

What channel and time is selection show again?

11:30am ESPNU

CAS4127
11-23-2019, 10:38 PM
11:30am ESPNU

Thank you.

scottietohottie
11-23-2019, 10:42 PM
Should beat anyone in the bracket by 3 tds. Anyone whos coming to the dome. Don't matter. Go Bison!

Bison03
11-23-2019, 10:53 PM
Jacks vs Fhawkers. Book it. Winner to Fargo or somewhere in Montana

heffray
11-23-2019, 11:19 PM
Hope they didn't plan on getting sleep. What a mess. Three of the top-ten lost already, and another is losing. Bubble games went in unexpected directions. Any plans they had at the start of today are out the window.

I actually think this is exactly what the committee needed. Honestly who could criticize any seeds 3-8 at this point?

bisonaudit
11-23-2019, 11:57 PM
I actually think this is exactly what the committee needed. Honestly who could criticize any seeds 3-8 at this point?

I don't think you’re giving the people enough credit. We'll find a way.

heffray
11-24-2019, 12:02 AM
I don't think you’re giving the people enough credit. We'll find a way.

If we work together, I’m sure we’ll think of something...

NDSUstudent
11-24-2019, 12:13 AM
If Sac State wins...

1. NDSU
2. JMU
3. Sac State
4. Montana State
5. Weber State
6?
7?
8?

Montana, Wofford, UCA(yuck), SDSU and UNI all in the running

heffray
11-24-2019, 12:17 AM
If Sac State wins...

1. NDSU
2. JMU
3. Sac State
4. Montana State
5. Weber State
6?
7?
8?

Montana, Wofford, UCA(yuck), SDSU and UNI all in the running

I’d throw Villanova in there, 9-3 out of the CAA looks good on paper...

BisonNeil
11-24-2019, 12:19 AM
As I stated in the SIU post game thread, I fully expect 2/3 home games in playoffs to be Valley teams and possibly the first two. I was hoping for new meat.

NDSUstudent
11-24-2019, 12:27 AM
I’d throw Villanova in there, 9-3 out of the CAA looks good on paper...

Can't believe I forgot them. You can acutally put them in at #6 and those other teams are fighting for the final 2.

heffray
11-24-2019, 12:30 AM
Can't believe I forgot them. You can acutally put them in at #6 and those other teams are fighting for the final 2.

I’d bet it’s UCA because of 9 wins and UNI because they didn’t lose today.

NDSUstudent
11-24-2019, 12:35 AM

I think Wofford gets one of the seeds....Still not sure about the last seed. The Griz laid such a giant egg I am not sure you can still seed them.

heffray
11-24-2019, 12:37 AM

I take that back. I think the final spot is between Montana and SDSU. All of SDSUs losses were close games. Montana is 9-3... but they got blown out a couple of times... tough one, but I’d give the edge to SDSU...

89MTBISON
11-24-2019, 12:43 AM
SDSU must be unseeded, a loss to USD is bad, bad, bad.

BadlandsBison
11-24-2019, 12:49 AM
Give NDSU #1 and they can pick the rest out of a hat this year. Play jmu first, don't care

bruinbison
11-24-2019, 12:50 AM
Here is NoBowls bracket:

http://nobowls.com/

NDSU gets a visit from Brookings, winner of the Jacks & the school up north

NDSUstudent
11-24-2019, 12:51 AM
Maybe UCA is the choice....FBS win against 7-4 WKU and beat Austin Peay. But they got spanked in their 2 FCS losses.

Nobowls has Montana at #6 which seems high....4 Big Sky seeds also seems nuts.

TAILG8R
11-24-2019, 12:52 AM
Here is NoBowls bracket:

NDSU gets a visit from Brookings, winner of the Jacks & the school up northThey will make sure of it. Wherever they have to slot SDSU they will to get 2 bus ride games.

NDSUstudent
11-24-2019, 12:53 AM
With UNI off the seed line....Yeah SDSU-UND winner to Fargo is a lock of all locks.

heffray
11-24-2019, 12:58 AM
SDSU must be unseeded, a loss to USD is bad, bad, bad.

It was really their only bad loss of the year. Recency, you’re right, if you look at the whole package though, they should be seeded, I think.

MNLonghorn10
11-24-2019, 01:00 AM
With UNI off the seed line....Yeah SDSU-UND winner to Fargo is a lock of all locks.

what an innovating tournament idea!

good luck to all participants!!

TAILG8R
11-24-2019, 01:01 AM
It was really their only bad loss of the year. Recency, you’re right, if you look at the whole package though, they should be seeded, I think.Speaking of recency will the committee change seedings based on injuries? I in the camp that days you give the team the rank they earned over the course of the entire year but I could see teams getting moved down due to major injuries.

NDSUstudent
11-24-2019, 01:02 AM
SDSU's issue is that they are tanking down the stretch....Losing 3 out of your last five is a recipe for playing on Thanksgiving weekend.

89MTBISON
11-24-2019, 01:04 AM
UNI will be seeded, no way the Valley only has only one seeded team.

EC8CH
11-24-2019, 01:05 AM

Buses for EVERYONE!!!!

NDSUstudent
11-24-2019, 01:07 AM

I'm just laughing at the people that thought we would get new teams to play...I thought they would have learned by now.

El_Chapo
11-24-2019, 01:13 AM

D 2 regionalization. reason #3636 to go.. well. you know

NDSUstudent
11-24-2019, 01:14 AM
SIU has a big issue....They've beaten nobody.

scottietohottie
11-24-2019, 01:16 AM
They might put all the valley teams on the opposite side of the bracket you never know.

MNLonghorn10
11-24-2019, 01:18 AM
Buses for EVERYONE!!!!

https://media3.giphy.com/media/26gsiCIKW7ANEmxKE/source.gif

TAILG8R
11-24-2019, 01:18 AM
They might put all the valley teams on the opposite side of the bracket you never know.But then who busses to NDSU in week 2?

Serious

BisonNeil
11-24-2019, 01:24 AM
Here is NoBowls bracket:

I find it hard to believe the person who put this together has paid attention to FCS football for very long. No way in hell there is only one Valley team on the Bison side of the bracket. The probability of that is so close to zero that it’s not significantly different than zero.

sage
11-24-2019, 01:25 AM
This looks like the bracket ranking. Sorry posted at the same time frame.
http://www.nobowls.com/

NDSUstudent
11-24-2019, 01:28 AM
I find it hard to believe the person who put this together has paid attention to FCS football for very long. No way in hell there is only one Valley team on the Bison side of the bracket. The probability of that is so close to zero that it’s not significantly different than zero.

Maybe they'll feel bad after shipping SDSU up here for the millionth time.

No_Skill
11-24-2019, 01:28 AM
I'll hold off on commenting until I see the actual bracket.

ndsubison1
11-24-2019, 01:32 AM
Last 4 teams may be down to

UND 7-4. Beat MSU, SHSU, UCD
KSU 10-2 8 DI wins, no quality wins
Furman- 8-4 7DI beat Chatty
SELA- 7-4 1 game cancelled. Beat C Ark, close FBS L
Towson- 7-5 beat Citadel, Maine, Delaware, SBU
SIU- 7-5 Beat UMass, UTMartin, YSU

No_Skill
11-24-2019, 01:34 AM
Do they still release the top 4 tonight?

NDSU1980
11-24-2019, 01:39 AM
Here is NoBowls bracket:

The only thing, will Brookings put in a high enough bid to host? I'm sure UN_ way overbid just to get the playoffs at the tin shed. I would think they would view it as buying the chance to win, even though SDSU will come out on top where ever the game is.

El_Chapo
11-24-2019, 01:45 AM
Last 4 teams may be down to

UND 7-4. Beat MSU, SHSU, UCD
KSU 10-2 8 DI wins, no quality wins
Furman- 8-4 7DI beat Citadel , Chatty
SELA- 7-4 1 game cancelled. Beat C Ark, close FBS L
Towson- 7-5 beat Citadel, Maine, Delaware, SBU
SIU- 7-5 Beat UMass, UTMartin, YSU

KSU SELA SIU FURMAN. sorry bubba

Hammerhead
11-24-2019, 01:46 AM

Also hard to fathom all 4 Big Sky teams getting a seed.

MNLonghorn10
11-24-2019, 01:49 AM
But then who busses to NDSU in week 2?

Serious

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TapatalkSan Diego, Sam Houston or Wofford

Vet70
11-24-2019, 01:51 AM
KSU SELA SIU FURMAN. sorry bubba

I bet Bubba gets in. Loser does not post for a week.

heffray
11-24-2019, 02:18 AM
SIU has a big issue....They've beaten nobody.

They have a weak sauce FBS win though...

ndsubison1
11-24-2019, 02:19 AM
Bet UND-SDSU winner gets sent out West

heffray
11-24-2019, 02:20 AM
Speaking of recency will the committee change seedings based on injuries? I in the camp that days you give the team the rank they earned over the course of the entire year but I could see teams getting moved down due to major injuries.

I think this is the best argument for SDSU not getting a seed.

heffray
11-24-2019, 02:21 AM

Yeah didn’t they do it via Twitter last year or something?

EC8CH
11-24-2019, 02:23 AM
Maybe they'll feel bad after shipping SDSU up here for the millionth time.

Hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha

No they won't.

heffray
11-24-2019, 02:25 AM
Hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha

No they won't.

Lol... they all light a cigarette after they fix the bracket so the bunnies come to Fargo...

BisonNeil
11-24-2019, 03:33 AM

They never were going to. Where did you get that idea?

natstar1
11-24-2019, 03:42 AM
Bet UND-SDSU winner gets sent out West

why is that?

El_Chapo
11-24-2019, 03:48 AM
why is that?

cuz NDSU & MVFC will ask for it.

ndsubison1
11-24-2019, 03:59 AM
why is that?

Need to fill out potentially 4 seeded teams out there

BisonNeil
11-24-2019, 04:10 AM
This bracket works for me.
http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20191123213752763394204

EC8CH
11-24-2019, 04:16 AM

Counterpoint. 2nd round game at NDSU sells out versus SDSU or UND but not any other at large teams... Just playing devil's advocate.

Professor Chaos
11-24-2019, 04:19 AM
Counterpoint. 2nd round game at NDSU sells out versus SDSU or UND but not any other at large teams... Just playing devil's advocate.
I also have a hard time envisioning the committee disregarding the NCAA's rules about building the bracket to maximize bus trips in the 1st and 2nd round. We all hate the early round regionalization but I don't think that means the committee is going to break the rules to appease us. If SDSU is unseeded and UND makes the field they're playing each other for the right to come to Fargo next.

TAILG8R
11-24-2019, 04:20 AM
I also have a hard time envisioning the committee disregarding the NCAA's rules about building the bracket to maximize bus trips in the 1st and 2nd round. We all hate the early round regionalization but I don't think that means the committee is going to break the rules to appease us.This. No way we don't get SDSU or UND. Who else could they bus here in the second round?

ndsubison1
11-24-2019, 04:31 AM
I also have a hard time envisioning the committee disregarding the NCAA's rules about building the bracket to maximize bus trips in the 1st and 2nd round. We all hate the early round regionalization but I don't think that means the committee is going to break the rules to appease us. If SDSU is unseeded and UND makes the field they're playing each other for the right to come to Fargo next.

Theyve avoided bus trips in 2nd rd before. Didnt send UNI to SDSU last year or Nova or Richmond to JMU in 16. Both under 400. They still need to fill out what looks like 4 West seeds.

NDSUSR
11-24-2019, 04:36 AM
It would sure be nice to get someone new for a change.

Professor Chaos
11-24-2019, 04:37 AM
Theyve avoided bus trips in 2nd rd before. Didnt send UNI to SDSU last year or Nova or Richmond to JMU in 16. Both under 400. They still need to fill out what looks like 4 West seeds.
They didn't send SDSU to NDSU in 2013 either so you're right that maybe there is a chance they won't but I'll believe it when I see it.

HerdistheWord
11-24-2019, 05:02 AM

I like it, but I think there is a 5% chance this happens and a 90% chance we get MVFC teams.

MNLonghorn10
11-24-2019, 05:07 AM
I like it, but I think there is a 5% chance this happens and a 90% chance we get MVFC teams.The other 5% chance ndsu misses a seed?

bisonaudit
11-24-2019, 05:38 AM
They didn't send SDSU to NDSU in 2013 either so you're right that maybe there is a chance they won't but I'll believe it when I see it.

That year the options to match up with EWU were either the winner of SDSU v. Northern Arizona or the winner of Southern Utah v. SHSU and SHSU was a bus trip to SELa. I think every other team that played the first weekend was in the Eastern Time Zone.

Professor Chaos
11-24-2019, 12:33 PM
That year the options to match up with EWU were either the winner of SDSU v. Northern Arizona or the winner of Southern Utah v. SHSU and SHSU was a bus trip to SELa. I think every other team that played the first weekend was in the Eastern Time Zone.
Yuck, well that explains it. Still there's precedent like ming pointed out. But having all those Big Sky seeds could just as easily make them want to get a possible bus trip for NDSU's 2nd round opponent since none of those Big Sky seeds will have one.

No_Skill
11-24-2019, 12:42 PM
They never were going to. Where did you get that idea?

They did it in the past. Couldn't remember if it was every year or not. Memory is getting fuzzier as the years go by. :)

Hammersmith
11-24-2019, 01:00 PM
Is this going to be our official selection show thread or should we start a special one? 3.5 hours to go.