PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Verbal: Trey Lance

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

El_Chapo
05-24-2017, 04:04 AM
https://www.hudl.com/profile/4029790/trey-lance

Trey Lance 6 4 190 QB Marshall MN . (amazing basketball player too)

Kid deserves his own thread, he's a great kid, very grounded.

NIU was in the Orange Bowl 3 years ago, Air Force is a great program.

GOBISON123
05-24-2017, 12:33 PM
Amazing news. He was a top 3* recruit Minnesota. Welcome to Bisonation Lance

unbison
05-24-2017, 12:46 PM
https://www.hudl.com/profile/4029790/trey-lance

Trey Lance 6 4 190 QB Marshall MN . (amazing basketball player too)

Kid deserves his own thread, he's a great kid, very grounded.

NIU was in the Orange Bowl 3 years ago, Air Force is a great program.
Ok we are in trouble if you call him grounded

Mr Meaty
05-24-2017, 12:59 PM
Let the QB battle begin. It sure looks like we have the guys that can lead after Stick's career ends with the Bison. Steel sharpens steel. Welcome Trey.

ZHerd
05-24-2017, 01:12 PM
Let the QB battle begin. It sure looks like we have the guys that can lead after Stick's career ends with the Bison. Steel sharpens steel. Welcome Trey.

I wonder if we don't have anyone who could win the job from Stick. Nothing personal against him, but if we have anyone who could play the position better then play them

Mr Meaty
05-24-2017, 01:35 PM
I wonder if we don't have anyone who could win the job from Stick. Nothing personal against him, but if we have anyone who could play the position better then play them

I have thought about that as well. Always tough to unseat the starter (Wentz over Jensen). But Stick needs to know it is not handed to him on a silver platter either and continue to improve. To my untrained eye, all these players look good and have the talent to succeed.

HerdBot
05-24-2017, 01:38 PM
Amazing news. He was a top 3* recruit Minnesota. Welcome to Bisonation Lance

And the top QB in the state!

bisonmike2
05-24-2017, 02:30 PM
An elite get. Were the goofers even interested? Maybe Fleck really is Brewster 2.0. We can only hope.

Professor Chaos
05-24-2017, 02:41 PM
Great to hear! I believe Spencer Waege was previously the earliest commit ever in the recruiting cycle when he committed in June of last year so they just keep coming in earlier and earlier.

Impressive offer list according to Scout (http://www.scout.com/player/209392-trey-lance/recruiting?year=2017): Offers from Air Force, Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Northern Illinois, Northern Iowa, and SDSU.

FWIW Scout ranks him as the #64 QB prospect in the nation along with being the #1 QB in Minnesota.

Kujava23
05-24-2017, 03:14 PM
Prospects have seen the TEAM success of NDSU and some of the INDIVIDUAL success of players playing in the NFL

Makes recruiting a little easier--- Do you want to become next CARSON WENTZ??

GOBISON123
05-24-2017, 06:56 PM

Alyssa Olin has a better arm.

jcdcubs
05-24-2017, 10:06 PM
Be careful, don't recruit too many QB's. Now 3 on the roster plus one new freshman this fall and now Trey Lance is commit. Looks like Trey might play a few years from now.

Christopher Moen
05-24-2017, 10:44 PM
Not sure if having too many talented QBs is a bad thing after what happened in the 2000 playoffs.

Also, those talented QBs that don't eventually start also have the option to excel at other positions on the team.

CaBisonFan
05-25-2017, 12:45 AM
Welcome Trey!

NDSU1980
05-25-2017, 02:24 AM
Be careful, don't recruit too many QB's. Now 3 on the roster plus one new freshman this fall and now Trey Lance is commit. Looks like Trey might play a few years from now.

You can never have too many good quarterbacks. THOSE WHO DO NOT REMEMBER THE PAST ARE CONDEMNED TO REPEAT IT

THEsocalledfan
05-25-2017, 01:40 PM
You can never have too many good quarterbacks. THOSE WHO DO NOT REMEMBER THE PAST ARE CONDEMNED TO REPEAT IT

Correct. It really is a brilliant strategy as NDSU is letting some of these guys figure out on their own they will never start at NDSU, then moving them to spots the fit needs/athleticism since those same guys are likely some of the best athletes on the team. It really is a very, very smart move. (I am NOT saying he will never play QB; just that how they handle having too many has been brilliant.)

tony
05-25-2017, 01:48 PM
24/7 is pretty high on him. His highlights are fun to watch, that's for sure.

http://247sports.com/Player/Trey-Lance-93591

Good article in the Marshall paper too:

http://www.marshallindependent.com/sports/local-sports/2017/05/prep-football-marshalls-lance-looks-to-continue-football-career-at-north-dakota-state/

THEsocalledfan
05-25-2017, 02:06 PM
BTW, for those geographically challenged, there is a MVFC wannabe school very, very near Marshall...... :)

fbmind
05-25-2017, 03:22 PM
Fellowship of Christian Athletes in Minnesota also did this video feature on Trey...

http://www.minnesotafca.org/marshalls-trey-lance-hitting-the-mark

RyanBurns
05-25-2017, 05:13 PM
An elite get. Were the goofers even interested? Maybe Fleck really is Brewster 2.0. We can only hope.

Lance is the best quarterback in the state (Caledonia's Owen King wants to play bball and not football at the collegiate level). Have seen Trey a handful of times now and he's a very good athlete that's still developing as a passer.

Very good start for the Bison.

MankatoBison
05-25-2017, 05:18 PM
Would be awesome to have him be under center for us in a few years. ....

What would ALSO be cool is to have a 6'4 SS........ which he also played in high school.:hungry:

Christopher Moen
05-25-2017, 06:53 PM
Lance is the best quarterback in the state (Caledonia's Owen King wants to play bball and not football at the collegiate level). Have seen Trey a handful of times now and he's a very good athlete that's still developing as a passer.

After watching his HUDL video, I'm not sure if Van Dellen or Hotchkiss can fit a ball in a tighter window than Lance. Granted it was a highlight video, but Lance hits his receivers in stride on a consistent basis. This includes when he's on the run and throwing awkwardly.

His style reminds me a lot of SDSU's Taryn Christian.

Mr Meaty
05-25-2017, 08:28 PM
After watching his HUDL video, I'm not sure if Van Dellen or Hotchkiss can fit a ball in a tighter window than Lance. Granted it was a highlight video, but Lance hits his receivers in stride on a consistent basis. This includes when he's on the run and throwing awkwardly.

His style reminds me a lot of SDSU's Taryn Christian.

Being compared to him is not a bad thing for us.

Christopher Moen
05-25-2017, 09:01 PM
Being compared to him is not a bad thing for us.

Taryn is a heck of an athlete and player. Too bad he plays for SDSU.

THEsocalledfan
05-25-2017, 09:02 PM

Great to see you post, Mr. Burns. Keep up the great work!

EC8CH
05-25-2017, 09:11 PM
Have to really appreciate kids willing to enter a program already stacked will highly recruited players at their position, especially quarterback. Good sign they aren't scared of competition.

tony
05-25-2017, 10:50 PM
Kolpack's story on his verbal: http://www.inforum.com/sports/4273152-bison-get-early-football-commitment-marshall-quarterback

Kolpack says that he's tied for the earliest reported verbal in NDSU history. Also says that most of the Ivy League schools offered him.

MAKBison
05-26-2017, 12:47 AM
Kolpack's story on his verbal: http://www.inforum.com/sports/4273152-bison-get-early-football-commitment-marshall-quarterback

Kolpack says that he's tied for the earliest reported verbal in NDSU history. Also says that most of the Ivy League schools offered him.

Hate to even post this......I think this happened to CW as well. Late bloomer and SD was the first to offer?????

BisonTru
05-26-2017, 04:41 AM
Wow, just watched his tape. Great get if we keep him. If he gets buried on the QB depth this kid can play elsewhere. He's more athletic than Taryn, IMO.

MontBison
05-26-2017, 04:44 AM
I'll just jinx this right now. What are the odds this kid ever steps foot on campus?

Christopher Moen
05-26-2017, 07:42 AM
I'll just jinx this right now. What are the odds this kid ever steps foot on campus?

Judging by what he and his coaches have stated, I would say very likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtoutfitter
05-26-2017, 01:26 PM

I think that technically....he's already been here...

thebootfitter
05-26-2017, 04:06 PM
Wow, he really looks graceful. And powerful! And pretty quick too! I love how he sells his fakes.

Some of the competition does look a little slow and blundering, but that probably has more to do with him than them, methinks.

I do think a few of those passes might have been picked off or contested with a little better coverage, but he still has a very nice arm.

Welcome to the Bison family!

bisonmike2
05-26-2017, 04:10 PM
Shit, I just noticed this thread was started by El Chapo. Does this kid now have the kiss of death? How does he compare to Jose Mohler?

SamsRams
05-26-2017, 08:01 PM
I'll wager he is a one day camper in June.

HerdBot
05-27-2017, 03:56 PM

If it means anything I was going to start the thread but ElChapo beat me to it

DORMIE
05-27-2017, 05:47 PM
He was on Kolpack and Izzo this morning. Very excited to be a Bison. He said that he is a QB. Minnesota
wanted him at another position as they have a QB committed, but he said no. Doesn't even want any
more callers although he knows there will be more. Actually a very good interview.

thebootfitter
05-30-2017, 04:29 PM
He was on Kolpack and Izzo this morning. Very excited to be a Bison. He said that he is a QB. Minnesota
wanted him at another position as they have a QB committed, but he said no. Doesn't even want any
more callers although he knows there will be more. Actually a very good interview.
I think he's excited to beat Oregon in 2020! :-)

blackdiamond2
05-30-2017, 11:59 PM
If you wanted to listen to interview.
https://player.fm/series/kolpack-and-izzo about at the 19:45 mark.

RyanBurns
06-01-2017, 02:48 PM

I'd say that's a smart bet.

El_Chapo
06-01-2017, 02:51 PM
Talked to a family friend of Trey's over the weekend.

Absolutely loved NDSU and the culture, said its definitely what brought him here.... oh and 1 more person. Carson Wentz. he wants to be CarsoN!

MankatoBison
06-06-2017, 09:48 PM

Is there any reason why we think he's not going to last here? I watched that video on him and he seems like a really good kid!
Is there something that the "he's never gonna make it" crowd know that the "seems like a good kid crowd" doesn't?

ndsubison1
06-06-2017, 09:50 PM
Is there any reason why we think he's not going to last here? I watched that video on him and he seems like a really good kid!
Is there something that the "he's never gonna make it" crowd know that the "seems like a good kid crowd" doesn't?

Who is saying he wont make it? People are saying more offers will likely be coming

tjbison
06-06-2017, 11:38 PM

Nobody has said anything close to this

El_Chapo
06-07-2017, 04:24 AM
Trey Lance will be a Bison. Spoke with his family. Only thing that could pull him away from NDSU is a Top 20 team , R E L A X

MankatoBison
06-07-2017, 05:39 PM
Nobody has said anything close to this

Ok we are in trouble if you call him grounded

Oops my bad, I thought when unbison said that we're crazy if we think he's a good kid- that he was slighting ElChapo, not the kid. Also that that wen sams said he would last one day at camp, that he meant that hes going to QUIT. I realize now that he's saying that he might get picked up by someone else.
my bad- sorry for the confusion.

HerdBot
06-07-2017, 08:59 PM

When SamsRams said a "one day camper" he means there are different NDSU football camps, some are longer and others are shorter. He's not saying anything negative about him at all. Apparently you misunderstood what that meant :rofl:

tony
06-07-2017, 10:02 PM
When SamsRams said a "one day camper" he means there are different NDSU football camps, some are longer and others are shorter. He's not saying anything negative about him at all. Apparently you misunderstood what that meant :rofl:

Ah, I was wondering where that was coming from. I don't see the one-day camp on the schedule - is that some sort of elite camp for juniors?

SamsRams
06-09-2017, 11:18 AM
Ah, I was wondering where that was coming from. I don't see the one-day camp on the schedule - is that some sort of elite camp for juniors?

No the June camp is a three day camp. But there is a group of athletes who only come for Saturday aka one day campers. They don't advertise it because they want as many as possible to camp all three days.

tony
06-09-2017, 01:49 PM
No the June camp is a three day camp. But there is a group of athletes who only come for Saturday aka one day campers. They don't advertise it because they want as many as possible to camp all three days.

Thanks! That makes sense.

Stanger86
06-13-2017, 08:19 AM
Some of the competition does look a little slow and blundering, but that probably has more to do with him than them, methinks.

It's not the best competition. Marshall averaged 46.6 ppg in the games he played last year. Most of the games were over by halftime.

He didn't have to do much, with 15+ pass attempts in just three games. You can view his game log here: http://www.mnfootballhub.com/roster_players/14049069

He probably needs to improve his accuracy, though only one game really stands out as very bad. But with the weather that day, it's understandable (it's obvious from the highlights which game that was).

It's been a bit of a resurgence for Marshall athletics, being two straight years advancing to state in football plus success in most other sports. The 2017 class was arguably the most talented class to come through the school, with a FBS football player (Andries, Minnesota), Division I baseball player (Criquet-Danielson, Oklahoma), FCS football player (Winkelman, SDSU), two Division II basketball players, plus multiple guys who will play in Division III. Marshall's only other time to state in football was 1991.

Trey leads the group returning next year, with the program's leader in rushing TDs behind him. Outside of his starting RB catching balls out of the backfield (19 catches), the top two leading receivers returning caught 4 and 3 passes, respectively, in 2016. So it will be interesting to see how the passing game is next year.

I'd like to think the last NDSU player from Marshall worked out pretty well (Tyler Gimmestad, 2009-2013), so hopefully the same will be the case for Trey Lance!

El_Chapo
09-23-2017, 06:54 PM
Sure hope he stays a bison!! he's blowing up

T. Lance through 4 wks
30/46, 785 yds, 10 TDs
13 car, 132 yds, 4 TDs

bruinbison
10-08-2017, 02:47 AM
Marshall HS, with QB Trey Lance, was 5-0 when this video was filmed.
Have now defeated St Peter 37-7 to go to 6-0. (outscoring 328-20)

Through five weeks, the Marshall football team is perfect on the season outscoring opponents 291–13.

http://www.keyc.com/story/36522543/marshall-tigers

And here is the video of the victory over St Peter in a game played in rainy conditions.

http://www.keyc.com/story/36542825/2-marshall-cruises-to-37-7-victory-over-st-peter

EC8CH
10-08-2017, 01:06 PM
Trey Lance keeps getting more impressive. The kids a prototype QB. Really think he'd have the inside track of following up Stick as a Redshirt Freshman.

Christopher Moen
10-08-2017, 01:10 PM
Trey Lance keeps getting more impressive. The kids a prototype QB. Really think he'd have the inside track of following up Stick as a Redshirt Freshman.

Between Van Dellen, Hotchkiss and Lance competing for the starting job, NDSU is going to be solid at QB for some time.

EC8CH
10-08-2017, 01:19 PM
Between Van Dellen, Hotchkiss and Lance competing for the starting job, NDSU is going to be solid at QB for some time.

There is competition for sure, just wouldn't surprise me to see Trey to come out on top.

RossUglem
10-09-2017, 09:47 PM

um no...........

thebootfitter
10-09-2017, 09:52 PM

um no...........
To be fair... that comment was made before the season started. But... yeah... that would be a big fat NOPE!

ndsubison1
10-09-2017, 11:20 PM
um no...........

I mean if Wentz didnt unseat Jensen, not gonna happen. Stick is good.

tjbison
10-10-2017, 12:28 AM
There is competition for sure, just wouldn't surprise me to see Trey to come out on top.

I think Hotchkiss will come out on top

Christopher Moen
10-10-2017, 12:46 AM
I think Hotchkiss will come out on top

One guy that needs to be mentioned more is Noah Sanders. Like Brock was, he could be a dark horse to lead the Bison offense in a few years.

wagsabison
10-10-2017, 12:16 PM
It's great to have competition at the QB position. And if these guys are athletes they can contribute in other areas on the team similar to our more recent QB to defense conversions.

HerdBull
10-10-2017, 07:28 PM
It’s tough to tell from comparing high school highlight reels. No one can tell for sure until they’re all on the same playing field. It’s definitely a good problem to have, though. Van Dellen is the biggest and has the strongest arm. Although he is probably not as fast a runner as Easton, Van Dellen has shown an ability to run when needed. He will also have had the most time in the system when 2019 rolls around. For those reasons, my money is on Van Dellen. That said, however, all are probably good enough athletes to play the position, and it will come down to who can see the field the best and make the best decisions.

Stanger86
10-20-2017, 05:03 AM
Trey Lance this year:
Passing: 48-81 (59.3%), 1,146 yards, 13 TDs, 3 INTs
Rushing: 47 carries, 365 yards, 7 TDs
Defense/ST: 38 tackles, 3 INT, 2 TD, 1 Blocked kick TD

THEsocalledfan
10-20-2017, 12:18 PM
Trey Lance this year:
Passing: 48-81 (59.3%), 1,146 yards, 13 TDs, 3 INTs
Rushing: 47 carries, 365 yards, 7 TDs
Defense/ST: 38 tackles, 3 INT, 2 TD, 1 Blocked kick TD

Will Trey be a difficult "hold" for the Bison?

wagsabison
10-20-2017, 12:20 PM
Will Trey be a difficult "hold" for the Bison?

His stats don't really jump out there so I could see how he wouldn't be on the bigger schools radar as much.

THEsocalledfan
10-20-2017, 01:09 PM
His stats don't really jump out there so I could see how he wouldn't be on the bigger schools radar as much.

Burns keeps calling him a top recruit in MN, so just makes me nervous.

bisonforever
10-20-2017, 04:48 PM
Will Trey be a difficult "hold" for the Bison?He shut his recruitment down. Iowa and others want to talk to him, but he told them to quit calling. I had a nice conversation with his dad this last summer. Great family, excited to be part of the Bison family! His dad said he wanted to concentrate on his season. Talking to all these other coaches takes up a lot of time.

bruinbison
10-24-2017, 03:21 PM
Next up for Marshall HS is the playoffs

The Marshall Tigers earned the No. 1 seed in the 2AAAA tournament. They’ll play the winner of the Dassel-Cokato and Mankato East matchup.

The Tigers finished the season with an 8-0 record. Dassel-Cokato finished the season with a 4-4 record. Mankato East finished the season with a 3-5 record.

Jefferson Lee V led the way for the Tigers with 24 rushing touchdowns. Lee’s 24 rushing touchdowns was the second most in the state. Lee rushed for 1,166 rushing yards and averaged 10.8 yards per carry.

Trey Lance passed for 1,139 yards and 13 touchdowns. Lance added 353 rushing yards and seven touchdowns.

http://www.marshallindependent.com/sports/local-sports/2017/10/prep-football-area-teams-turn-towards-the-postseason-next-week/

Jefferson Lee V is a 5’ 9” 185 RB - has an offer from Duluth.

jarhead
10-25-2017, 01:33 AM
Thanks for these updates bruin bison. It's interesting to follow these kids thru the season.

bruinbison
11-05-2017, 01:53 AM
#1 Marshall defeats #2 Waseca

No. 1 Marshall shut down No. 2 Waseca 41-13 in the Section 2AAAA Championship game on Friday night.

......Lance added 134 rushing yards and two touchdowns of his own.

http://www.marshallindependent.com/sports/local-sports/2017/11/section-2aaaa-championship-no-1-marshall-stamps-ticket-to-state/

reformedUNDfan
11-20-2017, 11:41 PM
http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/football/4362741-fleck-gophers-scrambling-fill-qb-void-after-ohio-prep-star-decommits

I want to assume that UM will go after Lance, but there is no indication. I get the feeling that we would have a strong shot at retaining him even against a UM offer

tjbison
11-21-2017, 12:32 AM
http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/football/4362741-fleck-gophers-scrambling-fill-qb-void-after-ohio-prep-star-decommits

I want to assume that UM will go after Lance, but there is no indication. I get the feeling that we would have a strong shot at retaining him even against a UM offer

they don't want him at QB, that's why he is solid at NDSU. Of course nothing if for sure till the FAX rolls in

bisonforever
11-21-2017, 02:11 AM

I want to assume that UM will go after Lance, but there is no indication. I get the feeling that we would have a strong shot at retaining him even against a UM offer Trey is solid! Iowa was trying to call him recently and he wasn’t having it. He shut his recruitment down. He will sign with us in December. Book it!

MAKBison
11-21-2017, 02:15 AM
Trey is solid! Iowa was trying to call him recently and he wasn’t having it. He shut his recruitment down. He will sign with us in December. Book it!

not to mention row your boat did not want him as a qb. just seen TJ post :-)

wagsabison
11-21-2017, 12:20 PM
not to mention row your boat did not want him as a qb. just seen TJ post :-)

They lost a QB recruit they had out of Ohio. I wonder if that changes things for MN.

bruinbison
11-21-2017, 12:29 PM
They lost a QB recruit they had out of Ohio. I wonder if that changes things for MN.

Apparently not regarding Trey Lance as a QB recruit for the Gophers. Minnesota has known for a couple months (?), quite some time anyways,
that the QB commit was re-opening his recruitment. Don’t know why the article did not mention that......but anyways the article did a good job giving the names of QB’s the Gophers have offered since they learned of their original QB commit’s decision to look elsewhere.

wagsabison
11-21-2017, 12:34 PM
Apparently not regarding Trey Lance as a QB recruit for the Gophers. Minnesota has known for a couple months (?), quite some time anyways,
that the QB commit was re-opening his recruitment. Don’t know why the article did not mention that......but anyways they did a good job giving the names of QB’s the Gophers have offered since they learned of their original QB commit’s decision to look elsewhere.

Guess it would have helped if I would have read the article that was already covered :facepalm:... it's early

EndZoneQB
11-21-2017, 01:34 PM
that the QB commit was re-opening his recruitment. Don’t know why the article did not mention that......but anyways the article did a good job giving the names of QB’s the Gophers have offered since they learned of their original QB commit’s decision to look elsewhere.

It almost sounded like the Gophers went looking in a different direction. They mentioned the suspension and how PJ was trying to change the culture. I took that as read between the lines but we are no longer interested in Mr. Armstrong.

KNOW IT ALL
11-21-2017, 04:01 PM
Gopher nation will be really tired of all the "yak yak yak" from the Fleckster by this time next year. If he isn't Brewster 2.0 I'll have to learn to eat crow, it's one thing to talk, talk, talk, but this guy gets really sickening. The local radio personalities are starting to wink at him a bit, give it one more season and look out. LOL!

Portlandbison
11-21-2017, 05:15 PM
It almost sounded like the Gophers went looking in a different direction. They mentioned the suspension and how PJ was trying to change the culture. I took that as read between the lines but we are no longer interested in Mr. Armstrong.

Thats the impression I got too, but it could be the writer being in flecks ass so far he is helping him save face. I doubt attending a party where there was alcohol present would be enough of a violation to scare fleck off.

Bisonwinagn
11-23-2017, 03:42 AM
Gopher nation will be really tired of all the "yak yak yak" from the Fleckster by this time next year. If he isn't Brewster 2.0 I'll have to learn to eat crow, it's one thing to talk, talk, talk, but this guy gets really sickening. The local radio personalities are starting to wink at him a bit, give it one more season and look out. LOL!

Dude you're an idiot if you can't tell the difference between a coach who has proven himself and a blow hard who only had experience as at TE coach.

bajadanny
11-24-2017, 02:20 AM
Dude you're an idiot if you can't tell the difference between a coach who has proven himself and a blow hard who only had experience as at TE coach.

We will see if he is a better coach

For sure same wave length in the blow hard section

bison_by_blood
11-24-2017, 05:06 AM
I know it’s not “Fleck’s team” yet, but 2-6 in conference and they already extended him a year? Imagine how that move would go over in Bison Nation. I get he’s high profile but rewarding someone for losing sends the wrong message IMO.

tolnabison
11-24-2017, 11:26 AM
I know it’s not “Fleck’s team” yet, but 2-6 in conference and they already extended him a year? Imagine how that move would go over in Bison Nation. I get he’s high profile but rewarding someone for losing sends the wrong message IMO.

I read somewhere the extension actually gives more security for the university. In case Fleck were to leave, it increases his buy-out for another school to get him out of his contract. Not sure if that’s true or not. Seems logical with the number of jobs open this year. I’ve seen his name and the Tennessee job in the same sentence multiple times.

Winning is Gr8
11-24-2017, 11:30 AM
i love they extended him- Good for NDSU. In 3 years he will be on the outs- WI is not going anywhere, Iowa is always a decent team that will have great years, Fits at NW is a great coach and has his team ready to play, NE is a train wreck but i truly believe once they hire Frost they will become a power (look what he did in 2 short years at Central FL) and NE has more talent than any West team just not someone to coach them- and Purdue is on the upswing- if MN is 500 at best each of the next 3 years what will they do then?

Mr Meaty
11-24-2017, 12:53 PM
:offtopic::offtopic::offtopic: shocking for BV I know.

BisoninNWMN
11-24-2017, 01:08 PM
i love they extended him- Good for NDSU. In 3 years he will be on the outs- WI is not going anywhere, Iowa is always a decent team that will have great years, Fits at NW is a great coach and has his team ready to play, NE is a train wreck but i truly believe once they hire Frost they will become a power (look what he did in 2 short years at Central FL) and NE has more talent than any West team just not someone to coach them- and Purdue is on the upswing- if MN is 500 at best each of the next 3 years what will they do then?

This here.

Fleck seems like a used car salesman. IMO, he will not do sh** with the Goophers.

Bison 4 Life
11-24-2017, 01:32 PM
This here.

Fleck seems like a used car salesman. IMO, he will not do sh** with the Goophers.

He'll sell lots of Row the Boat merch though.

Bison20
11-25-2017, 12:28 AM
He'll sell lots of Row the Boat merch though.

To bad the boat is a shitty canoe with a hole in the middle.

scottietohottie
11-25-2017, 12:36 AM
To bad the boat is a shitty canoe with a hole in the middle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=httSHnNXN10

Fleck should offer this guy in the video.

wisco4
11-25-2017, 01:11 AM
Hope this kid sticks, no pun intended. Gonna need more qbs on roster to compete.

tjbison
11-25-2017, 12:39 PM
Hope this kid sticks, no pun intended. Gonna need more qbs on roster to compete.

He's in..mark it down

SDSUAlum08
11-26-2017, 02:46 AM

From what I heard when I was talking to a Marshall guy, he’s a lock for NDSU. He was set to go to MN until Fleck showed up and told him he had his own guys. Apparently Fleck was very professional about it according to Trey. He won’t be going back on his verbal and he’ll be a Bison.

westnodak93bison
11-26-2017, 02:48 AM
This here.

Fleck seems like a used car salesman. IMO, he will not do sh** with the Goophers.Fleck is a used car salesman and does not have a magic wand. Only a big name coach could turn MN around. MN sucks, plain and simple. Zero football passion.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Christopher Moen
11-26-2017, 02:54 AM
Fleck is a used car salesman and does not have a magic wand. Only a big name coach could turn MN around. MN sucks, plain and simple. Zero football passion.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Apparently Les Miles with his FBS National Championship and 141-55 record wasn't good enough to be a Gopher. Les needed a better slogan than "Row the Boat" to be in serious contention.

BisonNeil
11-26-2017, 03:10 AM
Apparently Les Miles with his FBS National Championship and 141-55 record wasn't good enough to be a Gopher. Les needed a better slogan than "Row the Boat" to be in serious contention.

Well, no one else wanted him either. Still unemployed, so what’s your point?

Christopher Moen
11-26-2017, 04:06 AM
Well, no one else wanted him either. Still unemployed, so what’s your point?

The point is pretty self explanatory. One has accomplished a lot at the FBS level, and therefore, a big name coach while the other is all talk. If you actually paid attention to the post I responded to, you wouldn't have to make an arse out of yourself.

Bisonwinagn
11-26-2017, 04:27 AM
Why the fuck do you people have to post your Gopher hatred on every fucking thread?????????? We get it you hate Fleck you hate the Gophers. We really don't give a shit about your opinion every 2 minutes. There is a smack thread you can post in. Please use it!!!!!!!!!!!

MNLonghorn10
11-26-2017, 04:53 AM
Flecks awesome but this season was really underwhelming, starting with the Buffalo game.

Both qbs look like shit, and obviously in college football, if you don't have an Alabama defense and a good qb... 2-6 is what you'll get in a p5 conference.

Gotta give him a few years. Minnys going from kill to claeys to fleck in 2 years. Pj's gonna have to do something about that qb spot tho

KTF
11-27-2017, 10:13 PM
Per GopherHole the Gophers have landed a commitment for a 4 star juco QB. IT appears that Mr. Lance will be residing in Fargo this fall (hopefully)...

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?79898-Gophers-receive-Juco-QB-commitment

BisoninNWMN
11-28-2017, 11:36 AM
Why the fuck do you people have to post your Gopher hatred on every fucking thread?????????? We get it you hate Fleck you hate the Gophers. We really don't give a shit about your opinion every 2 minutes. There is a smack thread you can post in. Please use it!!!!!!!!!!!

Blah, blah, blah.....

BisoninNWMN
11-28-2017, 11:37 AM

"Row the Boat"....:rofl:

KNOW IT ALL
11-28-2017, 03:20 PM
Blah, blah, blah.....

Good point BISONWINAGN, Just curious though, Who T F do you think your are telling people who, what when???? Get Ready For Hell, Here comes "Fleck, Fleck, Fleck, Gopher, Gopher, Gopher, Row the Boat" OUCH that must really sting. :duel:

Bison 4 Life
11-28-2017, 04:25 PM
Good point BISONWINAGN, Just curious though, Who T F do you think your are telling people who, what when???? Get Ready For Hell, Here comes "Fleck, Fleck, Fleck, Gopher, Gopher, Gopher, Row the Boat" OUCH that must really sting. :duel:

Was that a thing? I remember catching a bunch of shit when I said that Fleck was a weirdo. Now he's an unsuccessful weird who won't shut up.

MankatoBison
11-28-2017, 07:41 PM
Was that a thing? I remember catching a bunch of shit when I said that Fleck was a weirdo. Now he's an unsuccessful weird who won't shut up.

Yeah you were effing WRECKED for saying he was a weirdo for PRACTICING IN FULL PADS WITH THE TEAM.. "Man I cant believe you think this is weird you Fuck*** retard!". I've seen a lot of outrageous things on this board, but people throwing personal attacks at your character for saying "Fleck is weird" was amongst the most outrageous.

Bison 4 Life
11-28-2017, 07:55 PM
Yeah you were effing WRECKED for saying he was a weirdo for PRACTICING IN FULL PADS WITH THE TEAM.. "Man I cant believe you think this is weird you Fuck*** retard!". I've seen a lot of outrageous things on this board, but people throwing personal attacks at your character for saying "Fleck is weird" was amongst the most outrageous.

He's still a weirdo.

BlueBisonRock
11-28-2017, 08:29 PM
And speaking of Trey Lance: The kid is a stud! Glad to see him coming north to compete for his position.

TAILG8R
11-28-2017, 09:36 PM
And speaking of Trey Lance: The kid is a stud! Glad to see him coming north to compete for his position.

And to see him welcoming other recruits to the family. Always nice to see.

https://i.imgur.com/eYMYag2.png

BisoninNWMN
11-29-2017, 12:03 AM

:rofl:

Fleck will not do s**t at Minny. BTW, it is "you are" not your.....:rofl:

Oh ya, Fleck will not do sh**!!

** Hey lakes, I know you like to give out little red chicklets but here is a tidbit for you, just because someone lives in MN doesn't mean they have to cheer for the goophers....not real hard to understand.

southcliffbison
11-29-2017, 02:21 PM
"Row the Boat"....:rofl:

"Ship is Sinkin' " :)

No_Skill
11-29-2017, 02:41 PM
"Ship is Sinkin' " :)

Bail the water?

BisManBison
11-29-2017, 03:17 PM
Bail the water?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Have they officially switched from Row the Boat to Bail the Water yet??? Classic!!!

thebigund
11-29-2017, 03:38 PM
Ski U Meh...

KNOW IT ALL
11-29-2017, 07:35 PM
Great for NDSU recruiting, Fleck will be so busy looking outside the region he will let a lot of good ones get away. He will get some local blue chippers but I think NDSU is going to see some really good talent out the Fleck hire. ALSO, HOW could anybody commit to listening to his bullshit rambling DON KING ACT day in and day out. He should be preaching God to old people and stealing their money instead aka Sky-u-Grandma!!!

Snowgoose
11-29-2017, 08:05 PM
Interesting to hear Ryan Burns on KFAN the other day indicate that he did not think Trey was a BIG QB. Funny thing about this is that NDSU has done a better job evaluating QBs over the past decade plus than has the Goophs.

wagsabison
11-29-2017, 08:07 PM
I get the dislike for Fleck and his raw raw way of doing things. ESPN had a special on him (a few episodes) and the Gophers in August and I thought he actually came off as pretty like able. He's a hardworker and worked his way up. Have to respect that. I could see how as a player it might get old especially if you aren't winning.

southcliffbison
11-29-2017, 09:44 PM
Great for NDSU recruiting, Fleck will be so busy looking outside the region he will let a lot of good ones get away. He will get some local blue chippers but I think NDSU is going to see some really good talent out the Fleck hire. ALSO, HOW could anybody commit to listening to his bullshit rambling DON KING ACT day in and day out. He should be preaching God to old people and stealing their money instead aka Sky-u-Grandma!!!

That is one school of thought.........some posters here on BV hold the opinion that if the Goofs have success, they will have a greater tendency to overlook local talent, ala Grant Olson, Billy Turner, Zach Vraa, Marcus Williams, et al.........and go south and east for scholly players. I don't share this opinion.

Jay
11-30-2017, 12:08 AM
Western Michigan offered tonight.

AKBison
11-30-2017, 12:36 AM

WMU is a dumpster fire right now, hard to believe he would dump us for them.

TinyBisonFan
11-30-2017, 06:34 PM
WMU is a dumpster fire right now, hard to believe he would dump us for them.

Agreed. I don't see WMU pulling him away if NIU and Air Force couldn't.

HerdBot
11-30-2017, 06:45 PM

Trey seems to be pretty sold. He passed on the only decent MAC team so I would be shocked if he wants to go with a mediocre one.

tony
11-30-2017, 06:52 PM
Trey seems to be pretty sold. He passed on the only decent MAC team so I would be shocked if he wants to go with a mediocre one.

Still cool for him though to get that recognition.

Bison20
11-30-2017, 07:14 PM
Still cool for him though to get that recognition.

Didn't Iowa recruit him at one point too?

wagsabison
11-30-2017, 08:17 PM
Going to be fun to see Trey, Holden, and Noah battle it out once Stick is gone.

NDSU1980
11-30-2017, 08:27 PM
Didn't Iowa recruit him at one point too?

I thought they were still in contact with him. Heard something to that effect on here somewhere.

MankatoBison
12-01-2017, 07:05 PM
Going to be fun to see Trey, Holden, and Noah battle it out once Stick is gone.

It'll be interesting to see which one becomes an all conference linebacker too haha

BisManBison
12-01-2017, 07:28 PM
It'll be interesting to see which one becomes an all conference linebacker too haha

Sanders based purely on the eye test, he has 20 lbs on the other 2 at 210.

aces1180
12-18-2017, 02:25 AM
They recognized him today at the Vikings game as a North Dakota State commit.

He threw up the horns and I cheered!

23Bison
12-18-2017, 02:31 AM
That’s pretty cool! Don’t suppose there is a clip of him doing the horns is there?

bri-dog
12-18-2017, 02:35 AM
That’s pretty cool! Don’t suppose there is a clip of him doing the horns is there?

Here's an image...

https://twitter.com/angie_lance1

bri-dog
12-18-2017, 10:24 PM
Didn't know if I should post this here in in the "Good God the Forum is a Shitty Paper" thread, but dammit, Jeff -- get his first name right!!!!!

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4376007-father-bison-football-commit-got-education-parent-side-recruiting#.WjhH2x2SQzM.twitter

bri-dog
12-18-2017, 11:34 PM
Fixed now from "Tre" to "Trey". "Someone" must have sent him an email and gotten a nice reply... :biggrin:

THEsocalledfan
08-16-2018, 02:11 PM
bump, just to see if I can give someone a heart attack. Keep hearing good things about this kid.

DM05
08-16-2018, 02:19 PM
bump, just to see if I can give someone a heart attack. Keep hearing good things about this kid.

Mission accomplished...

El_Chapo
08-16-2018, 02:50 PM
He's already in camp, he ain't going anywhere dummy.

I was at Practice... I will make a bold prediction.

2019 Starting QB will be Trey Lance.

SDbison
08-16-2018, 03:22 PM
bump, just to see if I can give someone a heart attack. Keep hearing good things about this kid. Now that I am breathing again, what have you been hearing? Anything from fall camp? How is Trey Lance doing in practice?

tony
08-16-2018, 03:23 PM
Now that I am breathing again, what have you been hearing? Anything from fall camp? How is Trey Lance doing in practice?

Dom had some video of him throwing a really pretty fade pass to Darrius Shepherd.

THEsocalledfan
08-16-2018, 03:35 PM
Now that I am breathing again, what have you been hearing? Anything from fall camp? How is Trey Lance doing in practice?

Mainly listening to JJ know that I am back to daily listening of 1660. He sure sounds high on him, and he is close to the program and knows what is going on in camp.

17>1
08-16-2018, 03:56 PM
When Brock was starting we had Carson. When Carson was starting we had Easton. Now we have Easton starting...is the next multi year starter on the roster right now? From everything I'm hearing, it sounds like Trey Lance could be that guy. No disrespect to Hotchkiss and Sanders, but it just feels differently when Trey is talked about.

IBleedYellow
08-16-2018, 04:12 PM

You f'ing asshole.

Vet70
08-16-2018, 04:57 PM

I just about had a short in my pacemaker.

EC8CH
08-16-2018, 05:08 PM
He looks the part. Was also a good student, so hopefully he learns fast if the plan is for him to take the reins next year as a redshirt freshman (which would be my guess). Next year could be the closest thing we've had to a QB controversy in a long time....

Unless of coarse you count the "Should Wentz start for the Nation Championship debate of 2016".

Honeybooboo
08-16-2018, 05:25 PM
Mainly listening to JJ know that I am back to daily listening of 1660. He sure sounds high on him, and he is close to the program and knows what is going on in camp.

Lets be fair JJ is a serious Homer...lol

89MTBISON
08-16-2018, 09:46 PM
He looks the part. Was also a good student, so hopefully he learns fast if the plan is for him to take the reins next year as a redshirt freshman (which would be my guess). Next year could be the closest thing we've had to a QB controversy in a long time....

Unless of coarse you count the "Should Wentz start for the Nation Championship debate of 2016".

I'm still not over that one. So hopefully Lance is the real deal and we have another contender for winningest QB in FCS history.

CAS4127
08-16-2018, 10:58 PM

How bout the shart thing?

Vet70
08-16-2018, 11:54 PM

How bout the shart thing?

Close, very close.

steelbison
08-17-2018, 03:11 PM

True, but I have heard it directly from one of the coaches.

Said this kid is the real deal. This coach would be the one to know.

That said, we are a year away from that discussion. Really looking forward to this year!

HerdBot
08-17-2018, 03:37 PM

Hes a homer but hes also one of the most knowledgeable FCS guys in the planet.

thebigund
08-17-2018, 10:44 PM
Hes a homer but hes also one of the most knowledgeable FCS guys in the planet.

He definitely knows more than the Chinese, I’ll give him that.

HerdBot
08-17-2018, 10:51 PM

I think he used to cover the Griz on TV or radio so he's been around the FCS for a few decades

NDSU1980
08-17-2018, 11:27 PM

JJ knows more about football than bubbles and rudy too. You all set for another season of 3-8? :rofl:

HerdBot
08-18-2018, 01:34 AM
JJ knows more about football than bubbles and rudy too. You all set for another season of 3-8? :rofl:

but injuries

Twincitybizon
08-18-2018, 01:36 AM
but injuries

Insert gay joke here...... Insert Joke about insertion here.......

WeAreThePride
08-18-2018, 02:35 AM
but injuries

But weight lifting.

TAILG8R
08-18-2018, 06:39 PM
Butt weight lifting.

Fify

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Honeybooboo
08-20-2018, 01:23 PM
True, but I have heard it directly from one of the coaches.

Said this kid is the real deal. This coach would be the one to know.

That said, we are a year away from that discussion. Really looking forward to this year!

never doubted Trey was anything but promising, fact still remains JJ drinks the cool-aid, which is fine, i don't care but he is not going to come out and say anything negative

Bison Dan
08-20-2018, 03:00 PM
never doubted Trey was anything but promising, fact still remains JJ drinks the cool-aid, which is fine, i don't care but he is not going to come out and say anything negative

So tell what person in the USA that covers a college FB team like JJ goes negative about the promise of a player??

El_Chapo
08-01-2019, 03:32 AM
100% my take only, so fire away. its the eve of training camp

I have a couple family connections to Trey that I hear rumblings from..
Also have a cousin who's a huge Iowa State fan that says Zeb Noland is a great passer, but zero elusiveness.

NDSU wants an elusive QB, there's just no hiding that.
now if he struggles vs Butler than all bets are off.

Lets Go Trey, You have the skills and confidence to lead this team to another title.

(mods move to commons if you'd like)

Entz said he is making decision around Aug 15, psh, he knows already.

Twincitybizon
08-01-2019, 03:38 AM
Sounded like they were using analytics and tape review to determine the starter. IDK May have to use Farley's "gut feeling" approach and rotate 4 different guys.

El_Chapo
08-01-2019, 03:44 AM
Sounded like they were using analytics and tape review to determine the starter. IDK May have to use Farley's "gut feeling" approach and rotate 4 different guys.

Farley hasnt done well with a QB since kurt warner

Twincitybizon
08-01-2019, 12:35 PM
Farley hasnt done well with a QB since kurt warner

What does purple even mean anymore

gumby013
08-01-2019, 12:38 PM

Not sure...especially since Farley wasn't the head coach at UNI until like 7 seasons after Warner left.

scottietohottie
08-01-2019, 12:39 PM

That's purple? We all thought you were posting for breast cancer awareness.

Bison 4 Life
08-01-2019, 12:41 PM
Not sure...especially since Farley wasn't the head coach at UNI until like 7 seasons after Warner left.

he's the only other UNI QB Chapo remembers.

Twincitybizon
08-01-2019, 12:45 PM
That's purple? We all thought you were posting for breast cancer awareness.

Lol good call, the boxes are really small on the phone. Clenz posted an interview on AGS where Farley said he uses his gut feeling when evaluating QBs and I just thought it was hilarious and in direct contrast to what we have done. Small wonder we've had more success at the position.

RedRiver
08-01-2019, 01:09 PM
There needs to be ANOTHER thread on this subject? Why couldn't we just use the others that discuss this subject?

Bison 4 Life
08-01-2019, 01:14 PM
There needs to be ANOTHER thread on this subject? Why couldn't we just use the others that discuss this subject?

https://media.giphy.com/media/COtKaaUyEKLyU/giphy.gif

THEsocalledfan
08-01-2019, 01:29 PM
100% my take only, so fire away. its the eve of training camp

I have a couple family connections to Trey that I hear rumblings from..
Also have a cousin who's a huge Iowa State fan that says Zeb Noland is a great passer, but zero elusiveness.

NDSU wants an elusive QB, there's just no hiding that.
now if he struggles vs Butler than all bets are off.

Lets Go Trey, You have the skills and confidence to lead this team to another title.

(mods move to commons if you'd like)

Entz said he is making decision around Aug 15, psh, he knows already.

Dom said the same thing on McFeely's podcast. Lakes is not nuts on this, I think. Also, if Entz really did not know, in my mind he'd have said he will not announce a starter until the game starts with Butler. It sure feels like he knows already.

southcliffbison
08-01-2019, 02:06 PM
he's the only other UNI QB Chapo remembers.

Gotta admit Warner is the UNI QB that is memorable; one could say all the other qb's were "meh".

Bison 4 Life
08-01-2019, 02:40 PM
Gotta admit Warner is the UNI QB that is memorable; one could say all the other qb's were "meh".

What about Chris Berg?

southcliffbison
08-01-2019, 03:22 PM
What about Chris Berg?

Chris Berg ?? Chris Berg ?? Sorry...…

El_Chapo
08-01-2019, 03:33 PM

This is a Prediction... not a board topic. haha

scottietohottie
08-01-2019, 03:33 PM
That's a fact Jack.

ndsubison1
08-01-2019, 03:55 PM
Yes, I think it is Lance.

23Bison
08-01-2019, 04:08 PM
Just going off of name and name only, Trey sounds more intimidating to the opponent then Nolan. But then again there is a guy named Charles Norris so maybe that’s not a good way to judge ones skill set.

Christopher Moen
08-01-2019, 04:20 PM
Just going off of name and name only, Trey sounds more intimidating to the opponent then Nolan. But then again there is a guy named Charles Norris so maybe that’s not a good way to judge ones skill set.

What if your name is Robin?

http://giphygifs.s3.amazonaws.com/media/Es1K4bm1ECiY0/giphy.gif

Professor Chaos
08-01-2019, 04:26 PM

Robin? No. Rougned? Yes!

https://remezcla.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/giphy1.gif

Christopher Moen
08-01-2019, 04:36 PM
Robin? No. Rougned? Yes!

https://remezcla.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/giphy1.gif

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/07/slow-lol-zoom.gif

23Bison
08-01-2019, 05:33 PM

Doesn’t work. First thing that pops in my head is Robin Williams.

oldmantutters
08-01-2019, 05:48 PM
Doesn’t work. First thing that pops in my head is Robin Williams.Robin Williams did kill a man ::hide::

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Christopher Moen
08-01-2019, 05:51 PM
Doesn’t work. First thing that pops in my head is Robin Williams.

Must be on your end since the gif worked on my end in your reply.

Maybe this helps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIZB9O24BEE

totoinfl
08-01-2019, 06:00 PM

Maybe this helps:

Some guy named Cromwell was a pretty feared Nolan too...back in the day.

23Bison
08-01-2019, 06:02 PM

Maybe this helps:

Haha, no I had seen it but for whatever reason when I hear/read the name Robin that’s what pops in my mind. With all do respect to Mr. Ryan but I've seen better punches thrown while watching the NBA.

El_Chapo
08-01-2019, 06:50 PM
back on track.

Trey Lance to Pheonix Sproles will go down in the NDSU record books.

they are roomates I believe and have been together all summer running routes together, special things coming!!

KSBisonFan
08-01-2019, 07:25 PM
back on track.

Trey Lance to Pheonix Sproles will go down in the NDSU record books.

they are roomates I believe and have been together all summer running routes together, special things coming!!

If they're running routes together, who's throwing them the ball?

El_Chapo
08-01-2019, 07:30 PM
If they're running routes together, who's throwing them the ball?

your mom....

KSBisonFan
08-01-2019, 07:42 PM
your mom....

That might be the most accurate post you've made.

BisonCardinal
08-01-2019, 07:52 PM
Speaking of mom throwing passes, are we going to have more trick plays from TR than Messingham? I am talking R Smith behind oline/Crockett half back type of trick plays. Messingham was sure boring in that regard.

23Bison
08-01-2019, 07:54 PM
But to be fair Messingham didn’t need to call any plays like that.

BisonCardinal
08-01-2019, 08:23 PM
We had good offenses before Messingham too. They probably didn't "need" to call trick plays either. But football is a game and trick plays are fun for both players and fans.

FrozenTech
08-01-2019, 08:29 PM
Trick plays are neat when they work, especially in clutch situations. And hated when they don't.

I'd settle for Bison special teams recognizing the likelyhood of fakes at key points in high stakes games over more trick plays. :)

BisonCardinal
08-01-2019, 08:49 PM
We can do both.

El_Chapo
08-01-2019, 09:28 PM
messingham ordered vanilla at coldstone

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?38463-Messingham-Orders-Vanilla-at-Coldstone!!

scbison91
08-02-2019, 08:42 PM
Haha, no I had seen it but for whatever reason when I hear/read the name Robin that’s what pops in my mind. With all do respect to Mr. Ryan but I've seen better punches thrown while watching the NBA. I lived in DFW at that time and was actually at the game.

El_Chapo
08-03-2019, 05:03 AM
multiple reports of practice day 1 that Trey was dialed in ....

El_Chapo
08-06-2019, 03:44 AM
lets pump it up around here, lets watch some trey highlights.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/4029790/Trey-Lance

1st one is a juke of 2 guys that have him dead to right.

2nd one is a blocked fg, pick it up and run 60 yards for a score eluding tackles

3rd one is a 60 yards in the air throw on the money for a 93 yard touchdown ..

bahahahaha.

bajadanny
08-06-2019, 03:49 AM
So tell what person in the USA that covers a college FB team like JJ goes negative about the promise of a player??

He is always talking up Montana y the bobcats

Personally I get sick of hearing that shit

Professor Chaos
08-06-2019, 10:11 PM
This is just one throw with no pass rush from Trey Lance at practice today but it is Wentz-ian.

https://twitter.com/bethhooleVNL/status/1158835744506621952?s=19

MinotBison
08-06-2019, 10:35 PM
This is just one throw with no pass rush from Trey Lance at practice today but it is Wentz-ian.

Would be nice to see one from Noland just for comparison.

Bisman
08-07-2019, 12:39 AM
Would be nice to see one from Noland just for comparison.

Cole Jirik said he was impressed with Zeb's passing in spring ball.

MankatoBison
08-07-2019, 02:01 PM
Cole Jirik said he was impressed with Zeb's passing in spring ball.

based on nothing.... I think the QB battle is alot closer than many believe

mtoutfitter
08-07-2019, 02:28 PM
based on nothing.... I think the QB battle is alot closer than many believe

I agree....don't think Lance is the automatic that so many believe. Just my opinion.

El_Chapo
08-07-2019, 02:54 PM
did everyone see the throws at practice by Trey yesterday?

No need to wait until Aug 15th. its over. Zeb will be a great backup & will step in just fine if needed. or even a wrinkle..

put Zeb in, put Trey in the slot, throw backwards..... my oh myyyyyyyyy

GreenfieldBison
08-07-2019, 03:12 PM

No need to wait until Aug 15th. its over. Zeb will be a great backup & will step in just fine if needed. or even a wrinkle..

Exciting. Hope he can look the ball all the way in before reloading it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bisonator98
08-07-2019, 04:26 PM

What makes it Wentz-ian? It's not a hard throw to make, it doesn't require the arm strength or accuracy of an out route.

Professor Chaos
08-07-2019, 04:31 PM
What makes it Wentz-ian? It's not a hard throw to make, it doesn't require the arm strength or accuracy of an out route.
Doesn't require accuracy? That's a drop in the bucket from about 35 yards away. It shows timing and accuracy but not necessarily arm strength.

TransAmBison
08-07-2019, 04:47 PM
The magic 8-ball said it is Lance. Done. Deal.

kingbison
08-07-2019, 05:05 PM
I agree during mop up last year the only thing impressed me was Tre's running ability. I hope he has the arm to be able to beat Zeb out. it would be nice to know our QB recruiting and development is continuing at a very high level. Plus our success with skilled FBS player transfers is not very good, with probably King Frasier being the most successful and he wasn't noticeably better than our recruits

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bisonator98
08-07-2019, 05:08 PM
Doesn't require accuracy? That's a drop in the bucket from about 35 yards away. It shows timing and accuracy but not necessarily arm strength.

I said "the" accuracy of an out route. Didn't you see the receiver adjust to make the catch? It was slightly behind and to the OOB side of him. Don't get me wrong, it was a good throw, just didn't seem like it deserves more then that.....IMO

Uffda
08-07-2019, 05:55 PM
King Frazier kicked ass. I give Zeb a big thumbs up.

Twincitybizon
08-07-2019, 05:57 PM
King Frazier kicked ass. I give Neb a big thumbs up.

He was a bruiser. Just beat dudes up

EC8CH
08-07-2019, 07:01 PM

That throw was a dime.

westnodak93bison
08-07-2019, 07:59 PM
What throw?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

DakotaOkie
08-07-2019, 11:01 PM
AND, there was absolutely no one in his face defensively...still, it was a pretty throw.

X-Factor
08-08-2019, 01:41 AM
I agree during mop up last year the only thing impressed me was Tre's running ability. I hope he has the arm to be able to beat Zeb out. it would be nice to know our QB recruiting and development is continuing at a very high level. Plus our success with skilled FBS player transfers is not very good, with probably King Frasier being the most successful and he wasn't noticeably better than our recruits

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

At one time, King Frazier was heavily recruited by NDSU before signing Nebraska.

Bison4x
08-08-2019, 02:09 AM
Have you seen Zeb's mustache? - anyone with a porn stache like that is going to be hard to beat.

Alsen
08-08-2019, 02:22 AM
I think Jimmy needs a little credit for that little snippet of beauty. Rah! Rah! Jimmy

It did kinda look like the DB was a little disinterested in doing anything at all on that play; just sayin....maybe it was one of those practice plays where the DB is just told to follow.

EC8CH
08-08-2019, 02:35 AM
Have you seen Zeb's mustache? - anyone with a porn stache like that is going to be hard to beat.

This is quality scouting.

scottietohottie
08-08-2019, 02:57 AM
I don't know how far number 8 can chuck the pig skin but it looks like number 5 won the gun show at the press conference. Look at those arms!

El_Chapo
08-08-2019, 03:07 AM
just rewatch the freakin High School HUDL video 1st 3 plays and shut up.. its on the 1st post.

EC8CH
08-08-2019, 03:32 AM
Noah Sanders wins the flow mode... This race is still too close to call.

scottietohottie
08-08-2019, 03:52 AM
Noah Sanders wins the flow mode... This race is still too close to call.

The hair is compensating for the smaller arm in both cases. Im going to have to side with Chapo on this one. Trey all the way.

Herd
08-08-2019, 09:35 AM
No offense intended to Dom Izzo, but I think his hot take premise of “QB should have been named by now, so bison must have concerns with Lance” is off base.

I think the coaches are trying to promote an open competition even though Lance is clearly their guy. I think they are trying to respect the process, and that is good.

Bisonator98
08-08-2019, 11:50 AM
No offense intended to Dom Izzo, but I think his hot take premise of “QB should have been named by now, so bison must have concerns with Lance” is off base.

I think the coaches are trying to promote an open competition even though Lance is clearly their guy. I think they are trying to respect the process, and that is good.

Exactly. I don't know why the media thinks they need to know everything. When's the last time Dom coached a team?

EC8CH
08-08-2019, 12:10 PM
Exactly. I don't know why the media thinks they need to know everything. When's the last time Dom coached a team?

Dom's just trying on McFeely's bit.

HerdistheWord
08-08-2019, 01:35 PM
The QB room seems solid. I think Noah Sanders has committed to being more of a backup as he was a bit less comfortable behind the mic, and he even specifically mentioned Cole Davis. If Sanders is the new Davis, then we are in good shape for the next three years. Both Trey and Zeb seemed confident and I am willing to bet that they continue to make one another better.

Scooter1
08-08-2019, 10:15 PM
I don't fault Dom for speculating and he may be on to something. In the coaches press conference Entz talked about players making some poor decisions. I think that Entz wants to start Lance because he is physically the best choice but not in the mental aspect of leading the team. He's only a freshman and is going to make some misreads. If those reduce over the course of the next few weeks the job is his. We do have a QB that has seen live fire agaist FBS competition. There is no need to rush Trey Lance onto the field if he needs some more seasoning. I personally think we will win with either at the helm.

OrygunBison
08-09-2019, 12:12 AM
Both Trey and Zeb seemed confident and I am willing to bet that they continue to make one another better.

That's not what I saw. Trey seemed WAY more comfortable than Zeb and it wasn't even close.

Greta Van Herd
08-09-2019, 12:16 AM
I think Trey will be the starter. And I think they've known that Trey will be the starter since, oh let's say, the day he committed.

EC8CH
08-09-2019, 12:18 AM
I think Trey will be the starter. And I think they've known that Trey will be the starter since, oh let's say, the day he committed.

It is my opinion that you are totally correct in every aspect of your opinion on this matter.

How crazy is that?

bison_by_blood
08-09-2019, 07:01 AM

This is true. Zeb was just brought in to make sure Trey didn’t get complacent. And he didn’t, nor will he. The kid has NFL talent. And he was absolutely “the guy” in that presser. Trey was dropping 60 yard dimes in his freaking high school film. He scored on a 44 yard scramble on a busted play in his first action at NDSU. If you think their is a QB competition, you’ve been listening to coach speak, not watching film.

Also, I’ve heard for awhile, and it’s basically confirmed now that Noah Sanders has no plans to ever leave the program. So much speculation that he’d be gone when he’s relegated to 3rd string. People on here gotta realize that we are recruiting specifically to have guys that are career backups sometimes. We won’t get top QB recruits for a couple years after Trey rips it up this year. And when Trey is a Junior, we will focus on getting our top QB recruit. The guys in between will be high upside athletes that compete. And dudes that are ok contributing on 3rd string/scout team when they know starting isn’t in their future. We’ve got a perfect flow going for almost a decade of Bison QBs. I hope the one deviation we’ve made (a transfer) will embrace his roll as a backup that is capable of leading us to a title if something happens to Trey.

scottietohottie
08-09-2019, 12:12 PM
Doesn't hurt to have a quality back up. No guarentee Trey will be as durable as Easton Stick.

Twincitybizon
08-09-2019, 12:32 PM
Doesn't hurt to have a quality back up. No guarentee Trey will be as durable as Easton Stick.
Agree, this is why zeb is really important. Could take a hit on any play. Don't want to be like the bunnies throwing concussed QBs back in the game to die ..

MankatoBison
08-09-2019, 08:28 PM
This is true. Zeb was just brought in to make sure Trey didn’t get complacent. And he didn’t, nor will he. The kid has NFL talent. And he was absolutely “the guy” in that presser. Trey was dropping 60 yard dimes in his freaking high school film. He scored on a 44 yard scramble on a busted play in his first action at NDSU. If you think their is a QB competition, you’ve been listening to coach speak, not watching film.

Also, I’ve heard for awhile, and it’s basically confirmed now that Noah Sanders has no plans to ever leave the program. So much speculation that he’d be gone when he’s relegated to 3rd string. People on here gotta realize that we are recruiting specifically to have guys that are career backups sometimes. We won’t get top QB recruits for a couple years after Trey rips it up this year. And when Trey is a Junior, we will focus on getting our top QB recruit. The guys in between will be high upside athletes that compete. And dudes that are ok contributing on 3rd string/scout team when they know starting isn’t in their future. We’ve got a perfect flow going for almost a decade of Bison QBs. I hope the one deviation we’ve made (a transfer) will embrace his roll as a backup that is capable of leading us to a title if something happens to Trey.

Damn that's on hell of a hot take- the guy is destined for the NFL and he hasnt played a single game as a starter? I hope you're right, but wow

56BISON73
08-09-2019, 08:37 PM
Damn that's on hell of a hot take- the guy is destined for the NFL and he hasnt played a single game as a starter? I hope you're right, but wow

Plus I seriously doubt he was brought in to JUST make sure Trey doesnt get complacent. Not a good recruiting strategy.

BisonNeil
08-10-2019, 03:47 PM

Trey had never been under center until he got to NDSU according to an interview I heard from his coach last year, and he has struggled with his footwork coming from under center. So he is raw in that regard and has work to do if the Bison are still going to run power formations from the QB under center. There can be no question however that he is a major talent.

89MTBISON
08-10-2019, 04:28 PM
Trey had never been under center until he got to NDSU according to an interview I heard from his coach last year, and he has struggled with his footwork coming from under center. So he is raw in that regard and has work to do if the Bison are still going to run power formations from the QB under center. There can be no question however that he is a major talent.

I hope we aren't recruiting QBs, or anyone else for that matter, who has "footwork" trouble. Great athletes at the QB position can hand the ball off with or without perfect footwork. We've had three great QBs here, they all had different "footwork" and different throwing motions, somehow we won all those championships. Way too much emphasis today placed on cookie cutter athletes. Tom Brady is great, so is Aaron Rodgers, they throw completely different and their "footwork" is as well.

Professor Chaos
08-10-2019, 05:37 PM
I hope we aren't recruiting QBs, or anyone else for that matter, who has "footwork" trouble. Great athletes at the QB position can hand the ball off with or without perfect footwork. We've had three great QBs here, they all had different "footwork" and different throwing motions, somehow we won all those championships. Way too much emphasis today placed on cookie cutter athletes. Tom Brady is great, so is Aaron Rodgers, they throw completely different and their "footwork" is as well.
So I'm not quite sure if you're saying footwork is or isn't important in high school recruits but I'd tend to think the better strategy is to recruit the guys with the physical tools and teach them the footwork if necessary. None of these guys were born with great footwork from under center. They learn it whether that's in high school or college. You can't teach a guy to be able to throw it 60 yards or outrun DBs.

89MTBISON
08-10-2019, 06:14 PM
I'm not concerned with the skill position players we recruit having the physical ability to do what we ask of them. I'm more concerned with what goes on between the ears. And yes you can teach/train someone to throw the ball 60 yards, speed on the other hand is much harder to develop. Recruit kids that are great athletes and human beings on and off the field.

scottietohottie
08-18-2019, 08:25 PM
I'd like to know what qb thread ends up being the number 1 qb thread

El_Chapo
08-19-2019, 02:11 PM
Can't wait to hear this news.... to finally take away a talking point for the incompetent fargo sports media...

THEsocalledfan
08-19-2019, 02:13 PM
Can't wait to hear this news.... to finally take away a talking point for the incompetent fargo sports media...

Dom Izzo already broke the news.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/football/4618979-Bison-name-Trey-Lance-as-starting-quarterback

tjbison
08-19-2019, 02:25 PM
im shocked i tell you..shocked

:irslow:

El_Chapo
08-19-2019, 02:35 PM
Dom Izzo already broke the news.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/football/4618979-Bison-name-Trey-Lance-as-starting-quarterback

No I BROKE IT 7/31. see 1st post

Bison 4 Life
08-19-2019, 02:35 PM
https://www.opengrow.com/uploads/gallery/album_776/gallery_90_776_7560.jpg

2011BisonAlumni
08-19-2019, 02:40 PM

Nobody cares Sam

NDSU92
08-19-2019, 02:48 PM
Lol yeah I bet chapo’s got inside info that the sun is gonna come up tomorrow too

tjbison
08-19-2019, 02:48 PM

lol...ok

i technically broke it in April when i predicted to a group of friends he would get it..

ndsubison1
08-19-2019, 02:50 PM
Some people have been saying on here for the past year that Lance would be the starter. So El Chapo is way behind.