PDA

View Full Version : Let's Complete the Building of Aldevron Tower

THEsocalledfan
11-07-2019, 04:35 PM
As everyone knows, the enormous success of the NIH funded researchers at the NDSU School of Pharmacy, plus the centralization of all the health related professions in the old College of Pharmacy, led to tremendous strains for space in Sudro Hall that simply could not be met. As usual, while UND in a similar situation would have received funding to fix this from the state, NDSU was turned away and got nothing. Thankfully, Dean Peterson did not give up, and found a way to get it done.

I'd appreciate if you can take a minute and read this critical post; we need to raise a million dollars by the end of the year to meet a matching challenge. Pledges can be spread over 5 years. I know we are largely focused on sports here, but I'm sure many of you donate to the Foundation as I do; this is a very worthy cause. I know its the state's job to fund stuff like this, but we can't let them stop us or we will let our students/faculty down.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

https://www.facebook.com/1326228646/posts/10215913153724831/

El_Chapo
11-07-2019, 05:04 PM
how big is the tower and where? good idea dude!!

THEsocalledfan
11-07-2019, 05:15 PM
how big is the tower and where? good idea dude!!

Right next to Sudro (connected). It is 7 stories if memory is correct. I took a tour at Homecoming; really great facility and 100% privately funded due to ND legislature ineptitude.

Tony Almeida
11-07-2019, 05:40 PM
Right next to Sudro (connected). It is 7 stories if memory is correct. I took a tour at Homecoming; really great facility and 100% privately funded due to ND legislature ineptitude.Cool. Can someone start a drive for the engineering department as well. Architecture and Engineering department buildings at any university should never look like what they do at NDSU.

Gully
11-07-2019, 11:58 PM
Cool. Can someone start a drive for the engineering department as well. Architecture and Engineering department buildings at any university never look like what they do at NDSU.

Architecture? I think we're in pretty good shape there. Maybe you're remembering the way it used to be before the move downtown?

Tony Almeida
11-08-2019, 05:59 PM
Architecture? I think we're in pretty good shape there. Maybe you're remembering the way it used to be before the move downtown?Your'e right. I haven't been paying attention and I'm old. Where downtown is this new Architecture building you speak of?

roadwarrior
11-08-2019, 06:08 PM
Your'e right. I haven't been paying attention and I'm old. Where downtown is this new Architecture building you speak of?

There are two buildings:

Klai Hall, which is between Barry Hall and the Federal Building/Post Office on 2nd Ave N. https://www.ndsu.edu/alphaindex/buildings/Building::374

Renaissance Hall, which is on the corner of NP Ave and 8th St N (old Northern School Supply building). https://www.ndsu.edu/alphaindex/buildings/Building::393

North Side
11-09-2019, 04:46 PM
Wish we had that addition to Sudro when I was in pharmacy school! Hope everyone on Bisonville can donate, anything helps!