PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Next up: Western Illinois

tony
11-03-2019, 01:04 AM
WIU is heating up just in time for the Bison... got their first win in one year minus one day against USD earlier.

WIU's QB, Connor Sampson, went 31 of 50 for 368 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions.

El_Chapo
11-03-2019, 01:06 AM
yea I watched that tony. they were SOOO relieved to get that 1st win, you could see it on there faces.
so they are due for a letdown :)

EC8CH
11-03-2019, 01:12 AM
yea I watched that tony. they were SOOO relieved to get that 1st win, you could see it on there faces.
so they are due for a letdown :)

They're walking into a classic trap game.

El_Chapo
11-03-2019, 01:21 AM
they're walking into a classic trap game.

lol yuupppp

Bisonator98
11-03-2019, 02:02 AM
This is gonna be a slaughter.

23Bison
11-03-2019, 02:09 AM
Just give me a W

Professor Chaos
11-03-2019, 02:18 AM
Should be the first harvest helmet appearance at a home game this year since it's the Harvest Bowl.... yeah that's about all I got.

WIU was the team they played when the harvest helmets made their debut in 2015. That was a 59-7 NDSU win... this one should be similar.

FrozenTech
11-03-2019, 03:23 AM
They wore the harvest helmets in the code green game.

Professor Chaos
11-03-2019, 03:33 AM
They wore the harvest helmets in the code green game.
Argh! You're right... so I guess it'll be the first time we'll see the yellow jerseys in the Fargodome this year.

Christopher Moen
11-03-2019, 04:15 AM
Argh! You're right... so I guess it'll be the first time we'll see the yellow jerseys in the Fargodome this year.

They also wore the green lids last week against SDSU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tjbison
11-03-2019, 11:03 AM
This one will be a nail biter

:paperbag:

tony
11-03-2019, 12:08 PM
Comparisons 2019 v 2018 v 2013:

ISU-Red

UNI

Mo State

SDSU

Youngstown

Average

WIU

dnp

USD

SIU

Edit: the numbers are margin of victory

Gully
11-03-2019, 12:14 PM
I'll be in the air on a delta flight over the ocean for this game. I can login and follow twitter and Bisonville. I'm guessing ESPN streaming won't be supported, but I'm not sure. Think the Bison1660 app will work using wifi on my phone? Other options?

EC8CH
11-03-2019, 12:27 PM
I'll be in the air on a delta flight over the ocean for this game. I can login and follow twitter and Bisonville. I'm guessing ESPN streaming won't be supported, but I'm not sure. Think the Bison1660 app will work using wifi on my phone? Other options?

ESPN app gamecast will work. Basically play by play. But video and audio streaming won't work as far as I've seen.

Gully
11-03-2019, 12:31 PM
ESPN app gamecast will work. Basically play by play. But video and audio streaming won't work as far as I've seen.

Thanks. I don't think I'll miss much, but the flight will go much faster having a game to follow.

coulanon
11-03-2019, 12:36 PM
1660 should work, did it a few weeks ago

EC8CH
11-03-2019, 12:40 PM

If so definitely the best option. A few years back I couldn't get any audio or video streaming to work. Maybe they've opened audio streaming up since then.

Gully
11-03-2019, 01:00 PM

that's great news, thank you

Professor Chaos
11-05-2019, 12:13 AM
Listening to Entz's presser today it really seems like he's got a good feel for handling this team. He talked about how they switched up some things with their routine on Saturday since it was a night game and it seemed to have paid off. He mentioned how the pregame locker room was a little "louder" than normal and the energy on the sideline during the game was great which he felt contributed towards the dominant first half. We've always heard how the Bison have their way and their routine on the road and that's why they're so successful. Well, it seems like they deviated from that and they were as good as ever on the road.

He also gave the impression that he kind of ripped into the team at last Wednesday's practice. He said he told them something along the lines of "If you want to prepare like an 8-4 football then that will be our expectation". Whatever it was that got them playing more disciplined and focused they definitely cleaned things up between the SDSU and YSU games.

Another exciting thing I heard at Entz's presser today; he said that true freshman RB Jalen Bussey, who is listed a 5'5" 153, will likely dress. I've been looking forward to seeing what a junior high sized lightning bolt looks like out on the field with a bunch of D1 caliber players... might get that chance this Saturday especially if it's the blowout we all expect. Keep an eye out for #21!

EC8CH
11-05-2019, 12:21 AM
Another exciting thing I heard at Entz's presser today; he said that true freshman RB Jalen Bussey, who is listed a 5'5" 153, will likely dress. I've been looking forward to seeing what a junior high sized lightning bolt looks like out on the field with a bunch of D1 caliber players... might get that chance this Saturday especially if it's the blowout we all expect. Keep an eye out for #21!

Is there another non-option team that plays as many running backs as NDSU? Cofield, Brooks, Williams, Johnson, Clark, and now Bussey?

El_Chapo
11-05-2019, 01:25 AM

ndsu football fans page on facebook live updates the game

THEsocalledfan
11-05-2019, 11:53 AM

Bigger issue is bandwidth even if you can get it to work. However, if it is one of the more modern set ups, it might work, but you'd need a VPN on you computer set to the US as I think NHL has confirmed ESPN+ does not work over seas. I'd say worth a try, but then go to the radio feed. Radio feeds usually work just fine.

THEsocalledfan
11-05-2019, 11:54 AM
We will win the tailgate. Chapo, you going to stop buy and give us the inside skinny on the Oregon buyout?

tjbison
11-05-2019, 12:17 PM
that's great news, thank you

I've used 1660 and even my sirrius xm on delta flights with their high speed wifi, worked fine

Gully
11-05-2019, 12:24 PM
Great, thanks for all the input. I'll at least try ESPN+ but most likely will end up listening to 1660, which I actually enjoy doing instead of TV from time to time anyway.

DM05
11-05-2019, 09:09 PM
Is there another non-option team that plays as many running backs as NDSU? Cofield, Brooks, Williams, Johnson, Clark, and now Bussey?

Really hope we see Clark get some extended action, 10-15 carries. Would like to see what he can do outside of just mop up duty.

17>1
11-06-2019, 11:47 AM
Would this post belong in the Bison Fatigue thread if I straight up admitted I was skipping attending the Bison game this Saturday and going to the Gopher Penn State game instead? I'll still be able to watch it though since the Gopher game is at 11:00 and should be done in time. I'm by no means a Gopher fan at all, but a couple of my friends are Moorhead HS grads and are pro Minnesota fans in everything. They got some kind of a flex plan season tickets this year so I thought maybe I would tag along since both of these teams are undefeated. I was also able to give my tickets away to some close friends that don't go to Bison games very often and I know they'll have a blast.

Don't see this one being close. Also looking forward to seeing some young guys dress and possibly play. Jalen Bussey and Terrell Hall are a couple of names I'll be looking out for.

tjbison
11-06-2019, 12:08 PM
Would this post belong in the Bison Fatigue thread if I straight up admitted I was skipping attending the Bison game this Saturday and going to the Gopher Penn State game instead? I'll still be able to watch it though since the Gopher game is at 11:00 and should be done in time. I'm by no means a Gopher fan at all, but a couple of my friends are Moorhead HS grads and are pro Minnesota fans in everything. They got some kind of a flex plan season tickets this year so I thought maybe I would tag along since both of these teams are undefeated. I was also able to give my tickets away to some close friends that don't go to Bison games very often and I know they'll have a blast.

Don't see this one being close. Also looking forward to seeing some young guys dress and possibly play. Jalen Bussey and Terrell Hall are a couple of names I'll be looking out for.

Go man, have fun. This will not be a game and if it is we have some problems

THEsocalledfan
11-06-2019, 12:24 PM

That will be as good of a game as in Fargo! Don't tell your MN friends......

fmfantasy
11-06-2019, 01:43 PM
Listening to Entz's presser today it really seems like he's got a good feel for handling this team. He talked about how they switched up some things with their routine on Saturday since it was a night game and it seemed to have paid off. He mentioned how the pregame locker room was a little "louder" than normal and the energy on the sideline during the game was great which he felt contributed towards the dominant first half. We've always heard how the Bison have their way and their routine on the road and that's why they're so successful. Well, it seems like they deviated from that and they were as good as ever on the road.

He also gave the impression that he kind of ripped into the team at last Wednesday's practice. He said he told them something along the lines of "If you want to prepare like an 8-4 football then that will be our expectation". Whatever it was that got them playing more disciplined and focused they definitely cleaned things up between the SDSU and YSU games.

I really want to see him too- he is one of the fastest bison players and being 5-5 should be interesting. is he the shortest player in all of college football? I cant imagine there is a 5-4 or 5-3 guy out there.

MNLonghorn10
11-06-2019, 03:06 PM
Im just relieved i was able to get my money back for this one

bruinbison
11-06-2019, 05:09 PM
WIU is heating up just in time for the Bison... got their first win in one year minus one day against USD earlier.

WIU's QB, Connor Sampson, went 31 of 50 for 368 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions.

364 days without a victory too, pressure was on not go a full year in between W’s.
QB Connor Sampson (6’ 3” 215, JR) was the
MVFC Offensive Player of the Week.
Other stars for Western Illinois included:

10-Plus | Five Leathernecks finished with 10 or more tackles in the Leathernecks' 38-34 win over South Dakota. Zach Glisan finished the afternoon with a career-high, season-high 16 tackles (eight assisted, eight solo), and was followed by Demetri Royer (13), Justin Nutof (13), Mike Viti (12) and Eric Carrera (11).

Should be plenty of opportunity for ‘Neck defenders to pad their stats......:)

https://goleathernecks.com/news/2019/11/5/football-leathernecks-to-take-on-national-champs-ndsu.aspx

gumby013
11-06-2019, 06:15 PM
Looks like we maxed out the cash line of 5 Dimes. Anyone want to put up $1M to win $100?

https://i.imgur.com/Q4nCeUW.png

VirginiaBison
11-06-2019, 09:30 PM
Between McFeely's podcast with EP and 5Dimes line, ..... seems like a chance for the Bison to lay for an egg in this game. Hope the D is not reading the predictions and listening to McFeely's prediction that WIU won't show up and this one is in the bag with little effort.

WIU's view of the game: FORUM (http://www.leathernecknation.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2193)

NDSU92
11-06-2019, 09:40 PM
Looks like we maxed out the cash line of 5 Dimes. Anyone want to put up $1M to win $100?

https://i.imgur.com/Q4nCeUW.png

I’d put up $100 to win $200,000

bisoneer
11-08-2019, 02:47 AM
I expect us to win big, 50 points for sure on the board by our Offense.

gumby013
11-08-2019, 10:21 AM
Flight stalking time! They are getting in a few hours earlier than the norm for other teams.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWQ303/history/20191108/1700Z/KMLI/KFAR

bisonaudit
11-08-2019, 10:57 AM
Unless something has changed in the last year. ESPN+ is not available overseas. If it has I’d love to know about it.

1st&TennBison
11-08-2019, 12:06 PM
Flight stalking time! They are getting in a few hours earlier than the norm for other teams.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWQ303/history/20191108/1700Z/KMLI/KFAR

They found out we have a I-Hop and wanted to get in early for good seats before the brunch crowd gets in.

THEsocalledfan
11-08-2019, 12:27 PM
Unless something has changed in the last year. ESPN+ is not available overseas. If it has I’d love to know about it.

I do think that is accurate, but a VPN set to the US should work without any issues. (could try PM'ing NHL)

gumby013
11-08-2019, 02:00 PM
They found out we have a I-Hop and wanted to get in early for good seats before the brunch crowd gets in.

Macomb also lacks an Applebee's.

Professor Chaos
11-08-2019, 02:02 PM
"Macomb ain't got nothin' on Laramie!"

-FauxCraigBohl

Mr Pep Band
11-08-2019, 02:15 PM
They don't have a Home Depot either. Puts them on par with Brookings. And we all know brookings......:banghead::banghead:

bruinbison
11-09-2019, 01:16 PM
Things I’ll be watching today include:

- I always ask - Can (insert team name here) their offense keep NDSU’s offense off the field? Western Illinois running an up-tempo offense - Yikes!!! Seems like a recipe for disaster here for the ‘Necks.
Thinking ahead to the playoffs, it will be good practice for the Bison to see that up-tempo offense. Several times this season I have noticed quick snaps being effective against NDSU, at times the DLine was still looking to the sideline for instruction. 3 and 5 step drops will give the DLine a variety of looks, the 6’ 5” DE’s might block a pass or 2.

- RB Clint Ratkovich (wonder what his nickname is?) leads WIU in rushing, only 226 yards, but also leads them in pass reception yards with 356 (8.3 ypc). NDSU sometimes does not account for RB’s out of the backfield on pass plays. This could be more live practice at tightening up their pass coverage on RB’s.

- The dreaded 3-4 defense by WIU. Well, 3-4’s used to be dreaded. Now the Bison get some more PT against one, good practice in case the Bison would see a 3-4 in their 1st playoff game......if that team from up north doesn’t screw things up between now and the end of the season......:)

- What depth players see time today? E.G. who is in 1st at MLB? - especially since Weerts will not be redshirted.
Also, I always root for the backup QB to get a couple regular possessions with the 1st team offense, does this happen today?

gumby013
11-09-2019, 04:13 PM

I was right!

https://twitter.com/smc714/status/1193194533904928769?s=21

fmfantasy
11-09-2019, 11:06 PM
I really want to see him too- he is one of the fastest bison players and being 5-5 should be interesting. is he the shortest player in all of college football? I cant imagine there is a 5-4 or 5-3 guy out there.

he was even better than I expected!!

EC8CH
11-09-2019, 11:42 PM
he was even better than I expected!!

I don't know, he didn't even score a touchdown on his third rush. Still seems kinda green.

GreenfieldBison
11-09-2019, 11:49 PM
I don't know, he didn't even score a touchdown on his third rush. Still seems kinda green.

Seems like a bust.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bison22
11-10-2019, 12:11 AM
Seems like a bust.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jalen Busstey