PDA

View Full Version : Where would you RANK NDSU's 2nd string in the FCS if they were a team.

El_Chapo
10-28-2019, 02:08 AM
Where would NDSU's 2nd string team be ranked in the Top 25 right now if they were a team:

QB Zeb Noland
RB Kobe Johnson, Saybein Clark
WR Keparius, Mathis
TE Noah Gindorf
OL sundell,Willis, Kubas etc
DL Waege, Pierce , Biegler etc
LB stumpf, jasir cox, luke weertz
CB talbert, price
S Kaczer, Weber

I'm missing a few and I'm not even counting many true freshman.

I say Top 10-15. what say you?

WeAreThePride
10-28-2019, 02:15 AM
Unanimous #1.

In fact, I think our second string would beat our starters by 3 TDs.

NO ONE has depth like NDSU.

KSBisonFan
10-28-2019, 02:29 AM
Our 2nd string would be an FBS team so we really wouldn't even bother talking about our first team anymore.

El_Chapo
10-28-2019, 02:29 AM
Unanimous #1.

In fact, I think our second string would beat our starters by 3 TDs.

NO ONE has depth like NDSU.

ok calm down

WeAreThePride
10-28-2019, 02:35 AM
ok calm down

Yeah. Calm down.

El_Chapo
10-28-2019, 02:48 AM
Yeah. Calm down.

I'm actually serious, the fcs is that bad once you get past #10

MNLonghorn10
10-28-2019, 02:50 AM
i think a lot of pud teams make up the rankings from 10-25. a lot of over inflated wins & rankings due to terrible conferences.so I put 15-25

WeAreThePride
10-28-2019, 02:53 AM
I'm actually serious, the fcs is that bad once you get past #10

I know you’re serious, that’s the sad part.

56BISON73
10-28-2019, 03:09 AM
:facepalm: Hall of Shame

El_Chapo
10-28-2019, 03:16 AM
Yea, that QB threw for 300 vs Oklahoma
for the 2 RB's you could put Dimtri out there too if you consider Ty Brooks and Adam Cofield #1, #2.

Kobe/Saybein wouldn't miss a beat, neither would the OL/DL and Linebackers/Safeties.

look at the top 25 and tell me which of the bottom five would be better than our 2nd team

cbline
10-28-2019, 11:38 AM
Where would NDSU's 2nd string team be ranked in the Top 25 right now if they were a team:

QB Zeb Noland
RB Kobe Johnson, Saybein Clark
WR Keparius, Mathis
TE Noah Gindorf
OL sundell,Willis, Kubas etc
DL Waege, Pierce , Biegler etc
LB stumpf, jasir cox, luke weertz
CB talbert, price
S Kaczer, Weber

I'm missing a few and I'm not even counting many true freshman.

I say Top 10-15. what say you?

Silly speculation. BUT, if they had a certain coach named "Ditka," then FBS top 10 for sure!

tjamz
10-28-2019, 11:51 AM
The better question might be:

If Trey and Zeb had to take turns picking their team and could pick anyone on the roster, how good would each team be? Would either be top 5? Would that both be? (assuming no injuries/need for substitutions...just starting talent)

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Facts
10-28-2019, 12:14 PM
I like this hypothetical question. Since most of our 2s eventually become 1s and since they’d be younger but playing more I think it’s top 10 easily.

Gully
10-28-2019, 06:47 PM
This is the most NDSU fan thread ever........AND I think it's still true that NDSU's second stringers would be a top 20 team.

I hate to agreed with El Chapo, but seriously, what team ranked between 20 and 25 would you pick to beat NDSU's second team?

Mr Pep Band
10-28-2019, 07:17 PM
Purely Hypothetical question. We don't have any quality observable evidence to make a fair assessment of the 2's and 3's.

But since it is hypothetical, i would wager they would be ranked in about 20-25 this year. Would win a playoff game and then lose.

VirginiaBison
10-28-2019, 08:55 PM
Just considering potential 2nd team members; but not which coaches, assuming the coaches would be experienced Bison coaches, TOP 15-25.

Reasons: 1) They are still developmental, but have demonstrated potential based on game performances; 2) they are steeped in the Bison culture; 3) Bison coaches tend to get the most out of each player; 4) Code Green 2 Defense; 5) Rams and QB quality; 6) potential opponents

JMB
10-28-2019, 09:06 PM
This is the most ridiculous thread ever. (Well this is Bisonville, so this actually ranks quite far down the list of ridiculous threads).

MankatoBison
10-28-2019, 09:09 PM
The better question might be:

If Trey and Zeb had to take turns picking their team and could pick anyone on the roster, how good would each team be? Would either be top 5? Would that both be? (assuming no injuries/need for substitutions...just starting talent)

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Yeah I think this is the question. I'm 100% sincere when I'd say I think one of the teams would be 2nd in the valley and the other might be 4th-5th in the valley. One is a seeded team and the other is an 8 seed at best. more than likely and at large. Both make it to the quarters, one makes the semis. MAYBE one makes frisco- but I cant imagine a world where they would actually win.

wagsabison
10-28-2019, 09:26 PM
I’d say fringe top 25. Really know way to judge that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HandoEX
10-28-2019, 09:50 PM
Our second team would beat Butler, UND, Delaware, Cal Davis, Illinois State, UNI, Missouri State, Youngstown State, WIU, USD and SIU.

Our second team would lose to SDSU.

10-1 and ranked 3rd heading to the playoffs.

unbison
10-28-2019, 10:51 PM
Our second team would beat Butler, UND, Delaware, Cal Davis, Illinois State, UNI, Missouri State, Youngstown State, WIU, USD and SIU.

Sdsu fans would become extremely jealous of our second lil brother team

Alsen
10-30-2019, 04:50 AM
Some people don't realize just how good Zeb Noland really is. There was very good reason it took all of Spring,Summer, and well into fall camp before a starter was named; and when Trey was named starter Entz made the declaration that the decision was based on making it more difficult for other teams to game plan against the Bison.

In other words, Zeb Noland may very well be a better all around QB than Trey, and is without a doubt, a much better pure passer, but Trey is an exceptional rushing QB that drives opposing coaches nuts.

Yah, if our 2nd team was really well coached, they could beat anybody in the FCS, including the Bison first team.

The 2nd team's biggest weakness would be inexperience at CB, but with the way Trey is missing lately, that might not be exploited all that much.

Biggest difference by far, no Tuszka,no Jabril Cox.

Does anyone doubt that Gindorf is better than Hawley kid already?

With Noland at QB in a an extreme up tempo spread offense that uses it's RB's and TE's heavily in the pass game......man, they might be unstoppable.

If Terrell Hall and Antonio Coleman are really all that.....

If the Reed kid from Wisconsin really is the next Kyle Emanuel.....

Weerts,Hendricks,JasirCox, Mark Stumpf, playing Mike and Strong, Julian Wlodarczyk playing weak side LB.....

Will Jayden Price move to free safety?? Will Dom Jones play CB next year? Will the interior defense become a dominant force like never before in the next few years??

Seriously, even with the loss of Great players like Tuszka,Hendricks,Brooks,and Bridges, The 2020 Bison football team may very well be the best ever. Pray Jabril Cox doesn't declare for the draft in 2020, because if he goes off in the playoffs like he is capable of doing his stock is going to sky rocket, and it's already pretty high.

Bison Football is the greatest fan experience of any sport anywhere on the globe!

Bison football is ludicrous. This organization is so loaded with talent from the top echelons of University brass to the waterboy, it's just amazing.

El_Chapo
10-30-2019, 04:37 PM
Some people don't realize just how good Zeb Noland really is. There was very good reason it took all of Spring,Summer, and well into fall camp before a starter was named; and when Trey was named starter Entz made the declaration that the decision was based on making it more difficult for other teams to game plan against the Bison.

In other words, Zeb Noland may very well be a better all around QB than Trey, and is without a doubt, a much better pure passer, but Trey is an exceptional rushing QB that drives opposing coaches nuts.

Yah, if our 2nd team was really well coached, they could beat anybody in the FCS, including the Bison first team.

The 2nd team's biggest weakness would be inexperience at CB, but with the way Trey is missing lately, that might not be exploited all that much.

Biggest difference by far, no Tuszka,no Jabril Cox.

Does anyone doubt that Gindorf is better than Hawley kid already?

With Noland at QB in a an extreme up tempo spread offense that uses it's RB's and TE's heavily in the pass game......man, they might be unstoppable.

If Terrell Hall and Antonio Coleman are really all that.....

If the Reed kid from Wisconsin really is the next Kyle Emanuel.....

Weerts,Hendricks,JasirCox, Mark Stumpf, playing Mike and Strong, Julian Wlodarczyk playing weak side LB.....

Will Jayden Price move to free safety?? Will Dom Jones play CB next year? Will the interior defense become a dominant force like never before in the next few years??

Seriously, even with the loss of Great players like Tuszka,Hendricks,Brooks,and Bridges, The 2020 Bison football team may very well be the best ever. Pray Jabril Cox doesn't declare for the draft in 2020, because if he goes off in the playoffs like he is capable of doing his stock is going to sky rocket, and it's already pretty high.

Bison Football is the greatest fan experience of any sport anywhere on the globe!

Bison football is ludicrous. This organization is so loaded with talent from the top echelons of University brass to the waterboy, it's just amazing.

preach!....

El_Chapo
11-02-2019, 11:20 PM
LETS PLAY ENTIRE 2nd team to start 2nd half. lets see how we do. +35

ThunderDan
11-03-2019, 12:42 AM
LETS PLAY ENTIRE 2nd team to start 2nd half. lets see how we do. +35

Defense not so good

El_Chapo
11-03-2019, 01:16 AM
Defense not so good

couple bad angles..

El_Chapo
11-07-2019, 12:38 PM
pretty sure our 2nd string beats New Hampshire and has that #10 spot locked down on the committee

Twincitybizon
11-07-2019, 04:07 PM
pretty sure our 2nd string beats New Hampshire and has that #10 spot locked down on the committee

Committee f'ed up. Bad choice. But yeah I think we'd do ok against them. Hard to hold up on the trenches though with the youth you're suggesting

WeAreThePride
11-07-2019, 04:34 PM
We’d be terribly thin in the secondary.

El_Chapo
12-11-2019, 07:50 PM
Looking at the last 8 teams here.

my 12/11/19 update:

1 NDSU
2 JMU
3 Weber
4 Montana
5 NDSU 2nd team
6 Montana St
7 UNI
8 Illinois St
9 Austin Peay

fmfantasy
12-11-2019, 09:06 PM

my 12/11/19 update:

1 NDSU
2 JMU
3 Weber
4 Montana
5 NDSU 2nd team
6 Montana St
7 UNI
8 Illinois St
9 Austin Peay

Id move Weber down to 5 and NDSU2 up to 4th.. FCS is gonna look real awful in 3 years when JMU and the Montanas jump to fbs…

thebootfitter
12-11-2019, 09:09 PM
Id move Weber down to 5 and NDSU2 up to 4th.. FCS is gonna look real awful in 3 years when JMU and the Montanas jump to fbs…
What makes you think this is happening?

heffray
12-11-2019, 09:11 PM

LOL!!! Why does this keep happening!?!?!?!!?!?!

X-Factor
12-12-2019, 12:28 AM

my 12/11/19 update:

1 NDSU
2 JMU
3 Weber
4 Montana
5 NDSU 2nd team
6 Montana St
7 UNI
8 Illinois St
9 Austin Peay

Ok so realistically I think you’re high on the 2nd string.

The offense would score plenty of points against most defenses, but people think we are weak on the interior DL and LB positions as it is. Fill out those positions with 2nd stringers and it doesn’t look quite so good.

2nd Offense:
QB- 1st team quality
OL- solid / maybe 1st quality
RB- 1st team quality
FB- 1st team quality
TE- 1st team quality
WR- mediocre

2nd Defense:
DE-solid
Interior DL- mediocre
LB- mediocre
S- 1st team quality
CB- mediocre

fmfantasy
12-12-2019, 02:43 AM
Ok so realistically I think you’re high on the 2nd string.

The offense would score plenty of points against most defenses, but people think we are weak on the interior DL and LB positions as it is. Fill out those positions with 2nd stringers and it doesn’t look quite so good.

2nd Offense:
QB- 1st team quality
OL- solid / maybe 1st quality
RB- 1st team quality
FB- 1st team quality
TE- 1st team quality
WR- mediocre

2nd Defense:
DE-solid
Interior DL- mediocre
LB- mediocre
S- 1st team quality
CB- mediocre

2 years from now those mediocre D guys will be the best defense in the FCS and we all know it.. just like every other year. so even though we dont know them really well I bet there are some really good players..

fmfantasy
12-12-2019, 02:48 AM
What makes you think this is happening?

all 3 of them have stadiums that can sit 20K plus and likely expandable.. Jmu is gone for sure and few doubt that. I just think the montanas will get sick of being an also ran to ND and SD schools and move up- join Boise and them when the realign comes.. You know that whole playing for natties that Bison fans love? Well they aren't ever doing that so might as well go to a bowl game every couple years and not be second fiddle to NDSU.

Christopher Moen
12-12-2019, 03:49 AM
all 3 of them have stadiums that can sit 20K plus and likely expandable.. Jmu is gone for sure and few doubt that. I just think the montanas will get sick of being an also ran to ND and SD schools and move up- join Boise and them when the realign comes.. You know that whole playing for natties that Bison fans love? Well they aren't ever doing that so might as well go to a bowl game every couple years and not be second fiddle to NDSU.

From what I’ve heard or read, not one of those teams plan on moving, especially the Montana schools. McFeely did a story on JMU last year and they didn’t seem interested either.

El_Chapo
12-12-2019, 04:43 AM

Yea Weber doesn't have an offense, good point.

Noland would tear apart most of these teams on his own with 4 wide recievers out there.

Hammersmith
12-12-2019, 06:27 PM

JMU is gone if, and only if, they get a CUSA or AAC invite. They've been offered by the Sun Belt in recent memory and turned it down. And you haven't been paying much attention to the Montana schools if you think they are in any position to go FBS anytime in the next several years.

fmfantasy
12-12-2019, 07:30 PM
JMU is gone if, and only if, they get a CUSA or AAC invite. They've been offered by the Sun Belt in recent memory and turned it down. And you haven't been paying much attention to the Montana schools if you think they are in any position to go FBS anytime in the next several years.

NDSU FCS forevers say we need a bigger stadium, more money and don't want to give up the fcs titles... the Montana schools have the stadiums and are never going to win titles so is it a money issue?

Hammersmith
12-12-2019, 07:47 PM
NDSU FCS forevers say we need a bigger stadium, more money and don't want to give up the fcs titles... the Montana schools have the stadiums and are never going to win titles so is it a money issue?

Before I waste my time on you, how about you find some way to prove you're not just a troll on here?

Christopher Moen
12-12-2019, 07:48 PM

https://ravallirepublic.com/sports/college/montana/article_bf44b6a5-c499-5914-a8f5-6d17acbf6abd.html

Christopher Moen
12-12-2019, 07:48 PM
Before I waste my time on you, how about you find some way to prove you're not just a troll on here?

Or another Sammy profile.

El_Chapo
12-13-2019, 03:08 AM
https://ravallirepublic.com/sports/college/montana/article_bf44b6a5-c499-5914-a8f5-6d17acbf6abd.html

3 year old article lol

Christopher Moen
12-13-2019, 06:14 AM
3 year old article lol

Still relevant today. The Montanas has no monies or the interest of leaving The Big Sky. Similar to them refusing the WAC offer about a decade ago.

Takes brains to not make stupid decisions.

BTW, you forgot to switch accounts when responding.

fmfantasy
12-13-2019, 01:36 PM
Still relevant today. The Montanas has no monies or the interest of leaving The Big Sky. Similar to them refusing the WAC offer about a decade ago.

How do they have no money? the economy is booming every where.. any money they or their alumni had in 2016 is now 50 percent more just leaving it in the market...

But they have the stadium size better geo location and no reason to stay in fcs for the titles like the Bison.

I

fmfantasy
12-13-2019, 01:40 PM

how would I prove that? lol - teams leave the FCS all the time and they have the best chance in my opinion along with JMU. Especially if we crush JMU they will be gone similar to coastal Carolina... CC built the best team they could and got killed by us a couple years in a row and decided better to just move up if there is no shot at a title..

BISON Thunder
12-13-2019, 01:41 PM

Agreed, it would save a lot of time if about three of these obsessive posters would admit they are the same person.

Christopher Moen
12-13-2019, 02:39 PM
How do they have no money? the economy is booming every where.. any money they or their alumni had in 2016 is now 50 percent more just leaving it in the market...

But they have the stadium size better geo location and no reason to stay in fcs for the titles like the Bison.

I

Go ask them, they’re the ones who have made it clear why they don’t want to move from The Big Sky.

You just keep claiming they’re moving based on........who knows what.

Bisonator98
12-13-2019, 02:50 PM

I

You need to do more research. UM had a great opportunity to go to the MWC when Boise State did and they turned it down. The MT schools are struggling with FCS budget issues. No way in hell are they going FBS anytime soon. JMU would if the right situation presented itself, just like NDSU. Again neither are happening anytime soon.

El_Chapo
12-13-2019, 03:13 PM
Agreed, it would save a lot of time if about three of these obsessive posters would admit they are the same person.

yea.. duh hard to believe there's people out there that think like I do ?? psst here's a secret. there's thousands. They just don't want to fight with the same 3-4 people on this board with every post.

I still say NDSU 2nd team finishes about Top 5 in the FCS.

Vet70
12-13-2019, 03:18 PM
Go ask them, they’re the ones who have made it clear why they don’t want to move from The Big Sky.

You just keep claiming they’re moving based on........who knows what.

SiouxVolley knows. :rofl:

56BISON73
12-13-2019, 08:27 PM
how would I prove that? lol - teams leave the FCS all the time and they have the best chance in my opinion along with JMU. Especially if we crush JMU they will be gone similar to coastal Carolina... CC built the best team they could and got killed by us a couple years in a row and decided better to just move up if there is no shot at a title..

:innocent::facepalm:

WeAreThePride
12-14-2019, 10:57 AM
Good thing y'all were able to turn this into another FBS thread. I was worried it hadn't been discussed enough.

EC8CH
12-14-2019, 11:55 AM
Good thing y'all were able to turn this into another FBS thread. I was worried it hadn't been discussed enough.

Welcome to bisonville, you must be new here.

El_Chapo
03-30-2020, 01:20 AM
Can we fire this back up again?

El_Chapo
06-27-2020, 04:05 AM
for 2020 2nd team might be just outside top 25

Twincitybizon
06-27-2020, 04:06 AM
Too early to tell. Needed spring ball to say top 15-25

HerdBot
06-27-2020, 04:54 AM
for 2020 2nd team might be just outside top 25

We are so thin at corner, do we even have a 2nd string?

El_Chapo
04-18-2021, 01:32 PM
WELL I think we found out the answer to this question.

6-2 & ranked #6 in Nation

Watson is the only star on this team. This is our 2nd string.

soooo if you look at it that way, this ain't too bad eh?

WeAreThePride
04-18-2021, 01:56 PM
WELL I think we found out the answer to this question.

6-2 & ranked #6 in Nation

Watson is the only star on this team. This is our 2nd string.

soooo if you look at it that way, this ain't too bad eh?

Please just fuck off.

El_Chapo
04-18-2021, 02:33 PM
LOL where am I wrong? 100% right

NDSU program so good our 2nd stringers can do this and by this fall they will be better for it

WeAreThePride
04-18-2021, 03:28 PM

NDSU program so good our 2nd stringers can do this and by this fall they will be better for it

Except this isn't the second string. This is in fact the first string.

Other than that yeah Lakes. You're spot on.

El_Chapo
04-18-2021, 03:43 PM
Except this isn't the second string. This is in fact the first string.

Other than that yeah Lakes. You're spot on.

no this is our 2nd string compared to our 2019/2020 team:

qb - 3rd string
rb - 3rd string
wr - watson & 3rd string
te - same
OL - 3-4 2nd stringers

Defense
Secondary couple 2nd stringers
DL/LB couple 2nd stringers

bruinbison
04-18-2021, 04:22 PM

Good to see you catching up.
After you led the charge on all the games last season being boring/blowouts

After you led the charge on the Bison winning all their games by 28+

After you led the charge on there being no competition in FCS

After being so wrong so long, good to see you catching up

Me and Jay and a few others always talked about the extensive personnel losses just from last fall until the start of spring season.

It is :rofl: to see you acting like you were there all along. Trying to make it your idea now......

BTW, you still haven’t cleaned up your vomit on the Bisonville carpet.
That covid thread of yours - Could/Should lead off the Hall of Shame Thread.

If you don’t, sure hope the Bisonville powers take care of it......

Time for Lakes/Chapo to be back on moderation

mtoutfitter
04-18-2021, 04:31 PM

Me and Jay and a few others always talked about the extensive personnel losses just from last fall until the start of spring season.

It is :rofl: to see you acting like you were there all along. Trying to make it your idea now......

Thank you Bruin!

El_Chapo
04-18-2021, 04:53 PM
none of that makes sense.
just shows how bad fcs is

BFKasper14
04-18-2021, 08:33 PM

Yeah. Moderation at the very least. Even on mute, seeing his posts raise my bp.

WeAreThePride
04-18-2021, 08:56 PM
no this is our 2nd string compared to our 2019/2020 team:

qb - 3rd string
rb - 3rd string
wr - watson & 3rd string
te - same
OL - 3-4 2nd stringers

Defense
Secondary couple 2nd stringers
DL/LB couple 2nd stringers

No team has ever lost players to graduation. This is the first one.

Fuck outta here Lakes. Go moderate the JMU board.

IndyBison
04-18-2021, 10:40 PM
No team has ever lost players to graduation. This is the first one.

Fuck outta here Lakes. Go moderate the JMU board.Agreed! Lots of teams have starters every year that were 2nd or 3rd string the season before. This is a weird year. Weird things are going to happen. The Bison have won a lot of very close games to SDSU and other teams in the MVFC that didn't have beat them. The easily beat 2 of the 1-loss teams in the conference. I would say this team isn't that far off from past teams. They may or may not win the championship this Spring but let's enjoy the ride and all they've accomplished the past decade.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

heffray
04-18-2021, 10:52 PM
Agreed! Lots of teams have starters every year that were 2nd or 3rd string the season before. This is a weird year. Weird things are going to happen. The Bison have won a lot of very close games to SDSU and other teams in the MVFC that didn't have beat them. The easily beat 2 of the 1-loss teams in the conference. I would say this team isn't that far off from past teams. They may or may not win the championship this Spring but let's enjoy the ride and all they've accomplished the past decade.

10 years of the complete domination we’ve displayed is unprecedented at any level of football, and not really sustainable... we were bound to have a couple down years. If our down years still include playoff runs, I’ll take it.

mtoutfitter
04-18-2021, 10:58 PM
Agreed! Lots of teams have starters every year that were 2nd or 3rd string the season before. This is a weird year. Weird things are going to happen. The Bison have won a lot of very close games to SDSU and other teams in the MVFC that didn't have beat them. The easily beat 2 of the 1-loss teams in the conference. I would say this team isn't that far off from past teams. They may or may not win the championship this Spring but let's enjoy the ride and all they've accomplished the past decade.

Very REASONABLE post...thank you Indy!

EC8CH
04-18-2021, 11:02 PM
Very REASONABLE post...thank you Indy!

Kinda crazy to think how close the tipping points were against SDSU these past two games. I think both teams took a step back this year, NDSU's was just a bit further.

El_Chapo
09-03-2021, 02:02 AM
we answered this question this spring...

El_Chapo
09-23-2021, 03:07 PM
I'd still put are 2nd team in the top 25 this year.

El_Chapo
10-04-2022, 09:54 PM
OK since we are down Eli & Gindorff now and struggling in the passing game with QB/WR.

as of 10/4 against this top 25 poll I squarely put our 2nd team #12-#13 down from last couple years, but still pretty dam good. You roll out with
QB-Cole
RB-Gonella/TK Marshall etc.

1 North Dakota State (24) 4-1 670 1
2 Montana (3) 5-0 648 2
3 South Dakota State 4-1 621 3
4 Sacramento State 4-0 571 5
5 Montana State 4-1 559 4
6 Delaware 5-0 548 6
7 Weber State 4-0 509 7
8 Jackson State 4-0 480 8
9 Chattanooga 4-1 442 10
10 Holy Cross 5-0 431 11
11 UIW 4-1 386 12
12 Mercer 4-1 357 13
13 Villanova 3-2 390 15
14 UT Martin 3-2 286 17
15 Samford 4-1 275 19
16 Fordham 4-1 216 20
17 William & Mary 4-1 205 21
18 Elon 4-1 196 23
19 Missouri State 2-3 190 9
20 Southeastern Louisiana 3-2 162 24
21 Eastern Washington 1-3 108 18
22 Stephen F. Austin 2-3 103 14
23 Rhode Island 3-2 89 25
24 Southern Illinois 3-2 83 NR
25 Southeast Missouri State 4-1 81 NR

Dropped Out: Austin Peay (16), Richmond (22)

Others Receiving Votes: Austin Peay, 72; Richmond, 48; Princeton, 24; Abilene Christian, 21; Eastern Kentucky, 20; North Carolina Central, 19; Idaho, 12; Monmouth (N.J.), 12; Furman, 11; North Dakota, 8; Davidson, 6; Youngstown State, 5; Florida A&M, 4; Tarleton, 4; Penn, 1; Stetson, 1; Stonehill, 1.

El_Chapo
10-04-2022, 09:55 PM
This is the most NDSU fan thread ever........AND I think it's still true that NDSU's second stringers would be a top 20 team.

I hate to agreed with El Chapo, but seriously, what team ranked between 20 and 25 would you pick to beat NDSU's second team?

None... or getting votes

abc123
10-05-2022, 01:49 AM
Lol at using the Coach's poll.

56BISON73
10-05-2022, 03:53 AM

Disagree, I remember a game where a team scored a couple of times in the 4th Q. Cant remember which coach it was but when asked about the 2 scores he said--
thats why they are the 2s.

I know this a feel good puff your cheeto subject but seriously. :rolleyes:

El_Chapo
10-05-2022, 12:52 PM

why would you use a poll that nerdy fans vote in

NDSU1980
10-05-2022, 02:05 PM

Just because un_ never breaks into the top 25 is no reason to berate that poll. They probably know the true ineptitude of un_ football.

abc123
10-05-2022, 02:53 PM
Just because un_ never breaks into the top 25 is no reason to berate that poll. They probably know the true ineptitude of un_ football.

Far from berating.
Chapo picking that poll out of all the options is just completely on brand.

ByeSonBusiness
10-05-2022, 03:56 PM
My guess is they'd go .500ish.

Professor Chaos
10-05-2022, 04:10 PM
Far from berating.
Chapo picking that poll out of all the options is just completely on brand.
The Coaches Poll is hot garbage you got that right... pretty much the worst of any human FCS poll made by fans or "professionals" out there yet it's the only one the NCAA selection committee claims is an official tool. Go figure. :rolleyes:

NDSU92
10-05-2022, 04:17 PM
My guess is they'd go .500ish.

In the MVFC? So like a top 15 team? lol

Or in all FCS?

El_Chapo
10-06-2022, 03:40 AM
In the MVFC? So like a top 15 team? lol

Or in all FCS?

MVFC maybe. I just see 9-2 for sure

tony
10-06-2022, 12:48 PM
Not top 25.

Edit: I'm not saying they're not good, but experience matters.

MankatoBison
10-06-2022, 12:53 PM
Right now we're seeing what a a nearly 2nd string front 7 can do. compared to most NDSU teams, its pretty bad. Its also good enough to be within 3 points of Arizona and still good enough to be top 2 in the MVFC, which is to say, top 2 in all of FCS.

NDSUs 2nd string would be Top 10 team. Thats more of a comment on the rest of the FCS than it is on NDSU's backups. NDSU's 2nd string is a top 2 team in any conference in FCS outside of Big Sky and MVFC. There are more future NFLers on our bench than most FCS programs have in their entire history

El_Chapo
12-26-2022, 06:53 PM
The question is answered.. easily top 4 in FCS

56BISON73
12-26-2022, 06:55 PM

https://i.imgur.com/IWUIuOO.jpg

mtoutfitter
12-26-2022, 07:02 PM

Please go tell Waege, Mauch, C Miller, Jensen, Tutsie, Weber, etc. etc. that they're 2nd string and let us know how that works out for you.

sbark
12-27-2022, 02:41 AM
All depends on level of play full time by QB C.Payton.....

El_Chapo
12-27-2022, 03:25 AM
All depends on level of play full time by QB C.Payton.....

guessing he'd have more than 5 yards.

NDSU has 10-15 2nd teamers playing significant minutes. so top 4 is easily achieved and shows you what a talent abyss the fcs is

EC8CH
12-28-2022, 04:06 PM

Holy shit! Damn near knocked this otta the park.

El_Chapo
12-29-2022, 01:54 AM
Holy shit! Damn near knocked this otta the park.

Hando Nostradamous

El_Chapo
01-08-2023, 08:37 PM
Runner UPS in FCS is the answer

Champs if we has a smart OC

CoachFSCB
01-09-2023, 12:33 AM
El Chapo nails it again.

HerdBot
01-09-2023, 12:52 AM
Runner UPS in FCS is the answer

Champs if we has a smart OC

You are correct but it was more than the OC.

pantherhawkrolling
01-09-2023, 01:02 AM
The FCS indeed suffers from talent deprivation. But 2nd with your 2nd string? You barely beat Incarnate Word with your first string at home. That's a pretty arrogant opinion. I'm chiming in because, unlike many arrogant opinions floated on this board, this one is flat wrong.

HerdBot
01-09-2023, 01:12 AM
The FCS indeed suffers from talent deprivation. But 2nd with your 2nd string? You barely beat Incarnate Word with your first string at home. That's a pretty arrogant opinion. I'm chiming in because, unlike many arrogant opinions floated on this board, this one is flat wrong.

We barely beat Incarnate Word with a completely depleted lineup. Had we been healthy we would have destroyed them. However the Word did beat the #1 seed so they arent a bad team. But we still would have lost to SDSU. But it would have been competitive

El_Chapo
01-09-2023, 01:43 AM

UNI fan crawls out from the garage door... hi Mr irrelevant

pantherhawkrolling
01-09-2023, 03:25 AM
UNI fan crawls out from the garage door... hi Mr irrelevant

Lol. My point is still correct. But if making a snide comment makes you feel better after your whipping, knock yourself out.

heffray
01-09-2023, 03:28 AM
Lol. My point is still correct. But if making a snide comment makes you feel better after your whipping, knock yourself out.

No one here needs you to tell us this thread is stupid. Half of these threads are stupid.

BFKasper14
01-09-2023, 03:55 AM

Consider the source…

El_Chapo
01-09-2023, 04:13 AM

haha. you're an idiot

we were down 10+ players. 12-13 if you count Cox Hayes too.

OUR 2ND TEAM WERE RUNNER UPS IN THE PUD LEAGUE.

SORRY UNI WAS 29TH

The_Sicatoka
01-09-2023, 01:21 PM

Point of Order: I have been informed numerous times by various members of this illustrious cast that injuries are not an excuse. It's next man up and not the opponent's fault your depth isn't what it need be.

pantherhawkrolling
01-09-2023, 03:04 PM
haha. you're an idiot

OUR 2ND TEAM WERE RUNNER UPS IN THE PUD LEAGUE.

SORRY UNI WAS 29TH

Man, it's been a while since I've been on this forum. All hail Chapo, king of ad hominem!

Addressing the point, blaming injuries is pretty weak, just as ad hominem is the lowest form of argument. All teams have issues like that. I'm calling it right now, next year in the garage you are going to blame it on the officials.

heffray
01-09-2023, 04:29 PM
Man, it's been a while since I've been on this forum. All hail Chapo, king of ad hominem!

Addressing the point, blaming injuries is pretty weak, just as ad hominem is the lowest form of argument. All teams have issues like that. I'm calling it right now, next year in the garage you are going to blame it on the officials.

Neat words, bro. Lets try a few more, shall we?…

“…All hail Chapo, king of ad hominem…” - genetic fallacy, he literally stated facts, you called ad hom and ignored his point, also, see next line.
“…blaming injuries is pretty weak…” - ad hom much? …also a strawman, no one is “blaming” injuries, we’re simply siting that one team is more healthy than another and that likely contributes to an outcome, so even if your logic is sound, you’re wrong.
“…All teams have issues like that…” - ad populum
“…next year in the garage you are going to blame it on the officials…” - jeeziz, so many options here… could go with false equivocation, or ignoratio elenchi (aka irrelevant conclusion), or even composition and division, but that’s just my first look…

pantherhawkrolling
01-09-2023, 07:49 PM
Neat words, bro. Lets try a few more, shall we?…

“…All hail Chapo, king of ad hominem…” - genetic fallacy, he literally stated facts, you called ad hom and ignored his point, also, see next line.
“…blaming injuries is pretty weak…” - ad hom much? …also a strawman, no one is “blaming” injuries, we’re simply siting that one team is more healthy than another and that likely contributes to an outcome, so even if your logic is sound, you’re wrong.
“…All teams have issues like that…” - ad populum
“…next year in the garage you are going to blame it on the officials…” - jeeziz, so many options here… could go with false equivocation, or ignoratio elenchi (aka irrelevant conclusion), or even composition and division, but that’s just my first look…

"ha ha, you're an idiot." Name calling is by definition ad hominem.
"blaming injuries is pretty weak" is certainly not ad hominem. I'm attacking the argument, again by definition not ad hominem since ad hom is attacking the person and not the argument.
Congratulations on getting me to look up ad populum. Problem is that when I did it became obvious you don't know what it means. Because it means making a conclusion is true because most or all, or an elite group, believes it to be true. I am saying nothing about who believes it to be true. I am saying that at the end of the season injuries are an issue for most teams, and is not a good excuse, at least for something as ridiculous as saying your second string would be 2nd in the nation. But cool words, bro. Just learn what they mean next time.
Since you are going with a first look I'll limit myself to that as well and just say your last sentence is just a desperate attempt to appear smarter than you are and best left alone.
But nice try, and better luck next time.

heffray
01-09-2023, 08:50 PM
"ha ha, you're an idiot." Name calling is by definition ad hominem.
"blaming injuries is pretty weak" is certainly not ad hominem. I'm attacking the argument, again by definition not ad hominem since ad hom is attacking the person and not the argument.
Congratulations on getting me to look up ad populum. Problem is that when I did it became obvious you don't know what it means. Because it means making a conclusion is true because most or all, or an elite group, believes it to be true. I am saying nothing about who believes it to be true. I am saying that at the end of the season injuries are an issue for most teams, and is not a good excuse, at least for something as ridiculous as saying your second string would be 2nd in the nation. But cool words, bro. Just learn what they mean next time.
Since you are going with a first look I'll limit myself to that as well and just say your last sentence is just a desperate attempt to appear smarter than you are and best left alone.
But nice try, and better luck next time.

Do you even logicalfallacies.org, bro?

You imply both that all teams experience injuries and that most people believe it to be a weak “excuse” (and you provide no evidence for calling it weak, hence the ad hom which can apply to both a person and thing you are attacking).

Please show how stating that one team has more key injuries than another is not a good reason for why a certain outcome was impacted. That would be addressing the point, one that you likely won’t try to do because you already know you’re wrong.

Also, not trying to sound smart, just shining a light on your idiocy. Big difference and a lot easier, frankly.

23Bison
01-09-2023, 09:07 PM
Injuries or not. What happened in Arizona with our meathead coaches? Left 17 points on the field. Fast forward a couple of weeks to the SDSU1 game? Up by 3 scores first half punking the team to the south and what happened? Big fat goose egg second half because meathead coaches going to meathead coach because they lack the ability to adjust during the game or at halftime. Sure we had some injuries. Hunter and Noah are the only two that I think mattered if at all. Chapo will yell out "but the transfer portal." Phoenix, DJ, Sigle, Gonella aren't going to help much if at all.

tony
01-09-2023, 09:13 PM
Injuries or not. What happened in Arizona with our meathead coaches? Left 17 points on the field. Fast forward a couple of weeks to the SDSU1 game? Up by 3 scores first half punking the team to the south and what happened? Big fat goose egg second half because meathead coaches going to meathead coach because they lack the ability to adjust during the game or at halftime. Sure we had some injuries. Hunter and Noah are the only two that I think mattered if at all. Chapo will yell out "but the transfer portal." Phoenix, DJ, Sigle, Gonella aren't going to help much if at all.

Man, that meathead crap is getting old.

EC8CH
01-09-2023, 09:26 PM

Oh, I'm sure those that use it are the finest of intellectuals.

Kevin
01-09-2023, 09:27 PM

is it because you're a vegan bro

pantherhawkrolling
01-09-2023, 09:29 PM
Do you even logicalfallacies.org, bro?

You imply both that all teams experience injuries and that most people believe it to be a weak “excuse” (and you provide no evidence for calling it weak, hence the ad hom which can apply to both a person and thing you are attacking).

Please show how stating that one team has more key injuries than another is not a good reason for why a certain outcome was impacted. That would be addressing the point, one that you likely won’t try to do because you already know you’re wrong.

Also, not trying to sound smart, just shining a light on your idiocy. Big difference and a lot easier, frankly.

Shining a light on my "idiocy" by misapplying stuff you look up on 'logicalfallacies.org'? (no, I don't know the website). When you do that the light shines in your direction, 'bro,' but as you wish. Is was a pretty bad beatdown the other day. I can't blame you guys for being a little salty.

I am not implying that all teams experience injuries, I am directly saying that is pretty much always the case at the end of the year. Also, I nevef said that argument was bad logic, I just think it is insufficient for what was being said. (It's frustrating that this guy so often just resorts to name calling so often, that is what the ad hominem comment was directed towards) Having more injuries than normal might well be a reason why a team might lose a game, but applying that reasoning to an insane proposition like your 2nd string would be the 2nd best team in the country is just not convincing. Also, that's a strange argument to make when the subject is the second string, since it is the second string that comes in to play when there are injuries. And yeah, it's pretty weak, and maybe that assertion has a few holes in it if deconstructed so call it a personal judgment or off the cuff reaction. It's pretty weak, in my view, to blame sports outcomes on injuries or bad officiating when things don't go your way. I try not to do it with UNI or Iowa games, and goodness knows I've had a lot of opportunity to analyze failures the past few years.

El_Chapo
01-09-2023, 09:39 PM

Caveman Football? find us an adjective you prefer

heffray
01-09-2023, 09:54 PM
Shining a light on my "idiocy" by misapplying stuff you look up on 'logicalfallacies.org'? (no, I don't know the website). When you do that the light shines in your direction, 'bro,' but as you wish. Is was a pretty bad beatdown the other day. I can't blame you guys for being a little salty.

I am not implying that all teams experience injuries, I am directly saying that is pretty much always the case at the end of the year. Also, I nevef said that argument was bad logic, I just think it is insufficient for what was being said. (It's frustrating that this guy so often just resorts to name calling so often, that is what the ad hominem comment was directed towards) Having more injuries than normal might well be a reason why a team might lose a game, but applying that reasoning to an insane proposition like your 2nd string would be the 2nd best team in the country is just not convincing. Also, that's a strange argument to make when the subject is the second string, since it is the second string that comes in to play when there are injuries. And yeah, it's pretty weak, and maybe that assertion has a few holes in it if deconstructed so call it a personal judgment or off the cuff reaction. It's pretty weak, in my view, to blame sports outcomes on injuries or bad officiating when things don't go your way. I try not to do it with UNI or Iowa games, and goodness knows I've had a lot of opportunity to analyze failures the past few years.

I haven’t misapplied anything. I explained why ad populum and ad hominem are properly used. But whatever. Have fun analyzing your failures. I’ll do the same, but I won’t be over at your fan site telling all your fellow fans about it any time soon. Cheers.

23Bison
01-09-2023, 09:58 PM

It is getting old! That’s why they should quit being that way. It’s costing us games and makes us look terrible.

PS: I know what you meant. :innocent:

heffray
01-09-2023, 10:10 PM

I get that it’s not the most elegant way to say it, but there appears to be a group of people defending the coaches and those who are blaming the coaches. Kinda seems like you’re defending them and I’m curious what you think went wrong yesterday if it wasn’t the coaches?

El_Chapo
10-02-2023, 06:50 PM
well with 3 NFL guys, 4-5 more starters leaving as Seniors off last years team and 5 FBS transfers leaving in offseason....

I guess its safe to say this is what our Second String looks like as NDSU football.

Let hope they toughen up quick!!

HerdBot
10-02-2023, 08:18 PM
I dont even think our starters are that good. Name 1 player who starts on the 2019 team

El_Chapo
10-02-2023, 09:40 PM
I dont even think our starters are that good. Name 1 player who starts on the 2019 team

well small timey people ripped on me on recruiting the last 2-3 years when I've been demanding better. I hate to be right on this.. but proof is in the pudding here.

so Entz/Roehl need to get creative fast with schemes to overcome lack of talent and HEART.

then hit the portal this off-season

El_Chapo
10-27-2023, 04:13 PM
Well, NDSU and US Fans are seeing where NDSU would rank with our 2nd stringers... (and losing 6 FBS players to Portal!)

2023 is coming to an End Fast:

Murray W
At SDSU L
H SIU L
A UNI L

^^this is worse case scenario and 6-5

Murray W
@ SDSU L 75% W 25 %
H SIU W
@ UNI W 75% L 25%

8-3 Most Probable .

9-2 4 Straight and I'd say NDSU found its Toughness/Swagger and we Roll to Frisco.

runtheoption
10-27-2023, 04:59 PM
9-2 4 Straight and I'd say NDSU found its Toughness/Swagger and we Roll to Frisco. I think this is the most optimistic, non-Debbie Downer thing I've read from you on here in years. And I agree with you!

El_Chapo
10-27-2023, 05:29 PM
I think this is the most optimistic, non-Debbie Downer thing I've read from you on here in years. And I agree with you!

well we need some swagger & Nasti-Ness. Travis Beck & Leevon Perry & Austin Richards would eat this team and shit them out before noon.

wan2bqb
10-27-2023, 07:35 PM
This teams biggest issue with recruitment and talent is the covid year 6th year senior rule. It allowed marginal players to return for an extra year and get preference due to their years of tenure. I also think its the biggest cause of up and coming talent plateauing and transferring out. They thought their window would be such and such, but the extra year for people ahead of them not necessarily better than them took that away from them. I do believe this is a coaching mistake, but one that made due to loyalty and the once a Bison always a Bison Mentality. Once the covid year is gone. 2026???? I believe I think the transfer portal will stabilize accross college football and especially with the Bison.

Son of a Bison
10-28-2023, 01:02 PM
I like this take. It also allowed underclassmen to transfer out with extra years of eligibility after being developed by NDSU and some as you pointed out may have gotten tired of being on scout team.

This teams biggest issue with recruitment and talent is the covid year 6th year senior rule. It allowed marginal players to return for an extra year and get preference due to their years of tenure. I also think it’s the biggest cause of up and coming talent plateauing and transferring out. They thought their window would be such and such, but the extra year for people ahead of them not necessarily better than them took that away from them. I do believe this is a coaching mistake, but one that made due to loyalty and the once a Bison always a Bison Mentality. Once the covid year is gone. 2026???? I believe I think the transfer portal will stabilize accross college football and especially with the Bison.

KSBisonFan
10-28-2023, 01:09 PM
This teams biggest issue with recruitment and talent is the covid year 6th year senior rule. It allowed marginal players to return for an extra year and get preference due to their years of tenure. I also think its the biggest cause of up and coming talent plateauing and transferring out. They thought their window would be such and such, but the extra year for people ahead of them not necessarily better than them took that away from them. I do believe this is a coaching mistake, but one that made due to loyalty and the once a Bison always a Bison Mentality. Once the covid year is gone. 2026???? I believe I think the transfer portal will stabilize accross college football and especially with the Bison.

I like this take. It also allowed underclassmen to transfer out with extra years of eligibility after being developed by NDSU and some as you pointed out may have gotten tired of being on scout team.

I talked to a D2 AD this week and this topic came up. This particular program is usually pretty good, but this year has been terrible. He told me the coaches and administration took the stance that any players who wanted to come back for extra time due to Covid were allowed, and encouraged, to do so. Looking back, they regret that decision because it stunted their entire development and retention of younger players.

RonMexico
10-28-2023, 05:24 PM
Well, NDSU and US Fans are seeing where NDSU would rank with our 2nd stringers... (and losing 6 FBS players to Portal!)

2023 is coming to an End Fast:

Murray W
At SDSU L
H SIU L
A UNI L

^^this is worse case scenario and 6-5

Murray W
@ SDSU L 75% W 25 %
H SIU W
@ UNI W 75% L 25%

8-3 Most Probable .

9-2 4 Straight and I'd say NDSU found its Toughness/Swagger and we Roll to Frisco.

:rofl: gonna be roll to whoever they play in the second round.

reformedUNDfan
10-28-2023, 11:44 PM

Wisnewski, Mathis

Green, Stoffle, Price, Tamerick contribute