PDA

View Full Version : New Bison fan?

cbline
10-16-2019, 02:05 PM
This Saturday, I am bringing my 88 year old aunt to her first Bison game. She is a Catholic nun who lived and worked in Wisconsin for decades, but now lives much closer to Fargo. She was our B & B when we went to Notre Dame over the years to move our daughter to campus and to attend Irish games when she was in the marching band. As a nun, she has been known to pray during Irish games when the boys needed some divine intervention!

Even at 88, she still loves college football. I hope that her exposure to Bison tailgating and the whole game experience will be fun for her. I think that she will be pleasantly surprised by how the Bison play and by the Dome experience.

Herd
10-16-2019, 02:51 PM
Awesome thing for you to do, bringing your 88 year old aunt to the game! New bison fans are always welcome.

For Missouri State, no Devine intervention will be required.

southcliffbison
10-16-2019, 03:29 PM
Do you think she would enjoy a jag bomb? Asking for a friend......

TransAmBison
10-16-2019, 03:47 PM
Do you think she would enjoy a jag bomb? Asking for a friend......She's Catholic...I think that answers the question! :D

Bison"FANatic"
10-16-2019, 04:15 PM
She may have to pray for Missouri State................. ALOT!

cbline
10-16-2019, 05:08 PM
Do you think she would enjoy a jag bomb? Asking for a friend......

Likely not a jag bomb, but she does host Tom & Jerry parties every year to celebrate her birthday. It was a big hit at the convent this past year when she moved back from Milwaukee!

THEsocalledfan
10-16-2019, 05:43 PM
Likely not a jag bomb, but she does host Tom & Jerry parties every year to celebrate her birthday. It was a big hit at the convent this past year when she moved back from Milwaukee!

Sadly, we only do Tom & Jerry's for the semi-final. She is going to hate it...... /purple

totoinfl
10-16-2019, 06:40 PM
Sadly, we only do Tom & Jerry's for the semi-final. She is going to hate it...... /purple

What....Tom and Jerry's...I miss those so much. We make our own, but just doesn't seem the same without a cold wind biting you in the ass.

THEsocalledfan
10-16-2019, 06:42 PM
What....Tom and Jerry's...I miss those so much. We make our own, but just doesn't seem the same without a cold wind biting you in the ass.

Yeah, we always get super popular for the semi-final.......

NDSU1980
10-16-2019, 09:53 PM
This Saturday, I am bringing my 88 year old aunt to her first Bison game. She is a Catholic nun who lived and worked in Wisconsin for decades, but now lives much closer to Fargo. She was our B & B when we went to Notre Dame over the years to move our daughter to campus and to attend Irish games when she was in the marching band. As a nun, she has been known to pray during Irish games when the boys needed some divine intervention!

Even at 88, she still loves college football. I hope that her exposure to Bison tailgating and the whole game experience will be fun for her. I think that she will be pleasantly surprised by how the Bison play and by the Dome experience.

That's great you're aunt is going and enjoys football. I still can't get my wife to go to one.

Hammerhead
10-18-2019, 10:50 PM
That's great you're aunt is going and enjoys football. I still can't get my wife to go to one.
Mrs. Hammerhead has attended one Vikings game with me every year since 2002 along with the Bison games. Even her grandma watched the Vikings on TV.

ByeSonBusiness
10-18-2019, 11:56 PM

The Irish have the week off so she can have the week off.

CyPanth
10-19-2019, 12:11 AM
There certainly is a shortage of Catholic nuns at Bison tailgates!

89MTBISON
10-19-2019, 12:52 AM

This is both hilarious, confusing and concerning. The Pope recently endorsed the N.O. Saints, are the Bison next?

B. b. bison
10-19-2019, 02:07 AM
This is both hilarious, confusing and concerning. The Pope recently endorsed the N.O. Saints, are the Bison next?

Deus vult?

CyPanth
10-19-2019, 02:46 AM

After further thought, I retract my comment. I have never once attended a Bison tailgate and thought it needed more Catholic nuns! :cheers:

cbline
10-19-2019, 03:05 AM
After further thought, I retract my comment. I have never once attended a Bison tailgate and thought it needed more Catholic nuns! :cheers:

Watch your language in the tailgating lot, ladies and gentlemen. You never know when dear Sister will walking by your rig!

bisonfanette
10-19-2019, 05:11 AM
Watch your language in the tailgating lot, ladies and gentlemen. You never know when dear Sister will walking by your rig!

Where are your seats? I hope you’re not too close to the student section when the SSS chant is projected.
Hopefully she is a bit hard of hearing?!! (I think this is great! Nice of you!)

cbline
10-19-2019, 11:22 AM
Where are your seats? I hope you’re not too close to the student section when the SSS chant is projected.
Hopefully she is a bit hard of hearing?!! (I think this is great! Nice of you!)

We are in Section 32, so no worries there.

GreenfieldBison
10-19-2019, 04:22 PM

Hope she is not packin a ruler...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

StL Bison Fan
10-20-2019, 01:28 AM
Hope she is not packin a ruler...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:rofl::rofl:

LikeMothers
10-20-2019, 07:03 PM

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/NervousSpryAzurevase-max-1mb.gif

cbline
10-21-2019, 02:37 PM
All went very well with the 88 year old nun. She remembers Fargo being a small town before she left for Wisconsin, so just walking up the Dome surprised her. As we walked through tailgating, she said more than once, "It's hard to believe that we are in Fargo!" She was impressed by both the number and size of the rigs and the set-ups. She also liked the Dome for the game.

Overall, the day was a rousing success for her.

tcbison
10-21-2019, 03:20 PM
All went very well with the 88 year old nun. She remembers Fargo being a small town before she left for Wisconsin, so just walking up the Dome surprised her. As we walked through tailgating, she said more than once, "It's hard to believe that we are in Fargo!" She was impressed by both the number and size of the rigs and the set-ups. She also liked the Dome for the game.

Overall, the day was a rousing success for her.

That is great to hear!