PDA

View Full Version : UNI Post Game Thoughts & Discussion.

Kevin
10-12-2019, 08:56 PM
1) Trey Lance is good at football.
2) I hate UNI and I like beating them.
3) By a lot. The hate factor alone proves they're our real rival.
4) The turn over after the beautiful INT by Hendricks was a momentum killer or it would have been over before the half. The dropped TD catch by UNI was even more so a killer.
5) Great balance by the running backs.
6) Their freshman QB is good. Ours is better. Will be a fun 4 years.
7) Great defensive performance over all.
8) The streak continues.

El_Chapo
10-12-2019, 09:00 PM
f*** the Panthers. BURY OUR RIVALS

I LOVED THAT 2ND HALF

Bisonator98
10-12-2019, 09:12 PM
Sloppy second quarter kept it interesting for a half. Trey missed some pretty easy throws I'm sure he would like to have back. The secondary got bailed out by UNI dropping passes but I thought they had decent coverage on some of those deep throws that UNI's receivers just went up and got too. Overall a very good win against a decent FCS team. Will be interesting to see how UNI plays the rest of the way.

SoCalBison
10-12-2019, 09:21 PM
Agree that first, third and fourth quarters were darn good football. Loved the final TD, finally taking a tough opponent all the way down.

TAILG8R
10-12-2019, 09:25 PM
No way that uni quarterback is their starter for 4 years.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

AKBison
10-12-2019, 09:26 PM
1) Trey Lance is good at football.
2) I hate UNI and I like beating them.
3) By a lot. The hate factor alone proves they're our real rival.
4) The turn over after the beautiful INT by Hendricks was a momentum killer or it would have been over before the half. The dropped TD catch by UNI was even more so a killer.
5) Great balance by the running backs.
6) Their freshman QB is good. Ours is better. Will be a fun 4 years.
7) Great defensive performance over all.
8) The streak continues.

2 and 3 are spot on. I watched the whole game in hopes that we could just hang 7 more on them. The frosh's last touchdown gave me a bit of an extra step to help finish the day strong. No need for a rivalry trophy for this game as a W is good enough. Unfortunately, after the Rabbits we will have nothing else to look forward to until Montana comes to the Dome during the playoffs and then against JMU in Frisco.

EC8CH
10-12-2019, 09:33 PM
UNI is now Missouri State to us. I love it.

Bison bison
10-12-2019, 09:44 PM
Farley can't count, but he can make an a## of himself.

Professor Chaos
10-12-2019, 09:45 PM
That was pretty much the perfect game in the fact that they whipped UNI convincingly yet have some very apparent things to work on. I thought Lance looked the most like a freshman throwing the ball as he has all year but he was a dude running the ball.

Bisman
10-12-2019, 09:46 PM
No way that uni quarterback is there starter for 4 years.

UNI has two true freshmen quarterbacks (Nate Mertens and Justin Fomby) that were rated in the top 80 players in the 2019 FCS recruiting class. So McElvain will have some competition.
Overall, UNI's class was rated 5th and NDSU's 4th by Hero Sports.

EC8CH
10-12-2019, 09:47 PM
Farley can't count, but he can make an a## of himself.

His defense can't either. Hilarious watching them all stand around after getting called for 12 men on the field not knowing what was going on. The ovation the 12 guy got finally running off the field was good stuff.

Oh yeah... After a TO. Excellent coaching there Farley!

DakotaOkie
10-12-2019, 09:48 PM
That was pretty much the perfect game in the fact that they whipped UNI convincingly yet have some very apparent things to work on. I thought Lance looked the most like a freshman throwing the ball as he has all year but he was a dude running the ball.
I am most certainly no expert on throwing mechanics, but that flea flicker play sure looked to be all arm. Trey did not seem to step into the throw (and it got a bit too much air).

B. b. bison
10-12-2019, 09:50 PM
NDSU takes the overall lead in the series that UNI has held since 1940.

EC8CH
10-12-2019, 09:50 PM

We take everything from UNI. We drink it all up!

MNLonghorn10
10-12-2019, 09:53 PM
went +15 vs the sagarin spread. should be back in the cushy 20s tomorrow

scottietohottie
10-12-2019, 09:53 PM
Sproles has a black eye. Don't see how that wasn't a penalty. Didn't matter. Dam that o line is good.

HerdBot
10-12-2019, 10:03 PM
We ran the football like men.

Professor Chaos
10-12-2019, 10:13 PM
went +15 vs the sagarin spread. should be back in the cushy 20s tomorrow
Possibly, both Delaware and UND laying eggs today will offset some of that.

123Gobison
10-12-2019, 10:17 PM
Christian Watson is an amazing WR. His catch for a TD reminded me of Darius Shepard catching a TD pass from Carson during the 2015 game. He is an amazing talent but he needs to do a better job of holding on to the ball. The flea flicker 60 yard bomb from Trey was in a good spot but Christian just dropped the ball. This is something young Christian Watson should improve on.

UNI is not a rival anymore. The only true rival is JackRabbits I think.

Kevin
10-12-2019, 10:21 PM
Christian Watson is an amazing WR. His catch for a TD reminded me of Darius Shepard catching a TD pass from Carson during the 2015 game. He is an amazing talent but he needs to do a better job of holding on to the ball. The flea flicker 60 yard bomb from Trey was in a good spot but Christian just dropped the ball. This is something young Christian Watson should improve on.

In terms of competitive games? Yes.

In terms of "I hate this team" like we had with UND once upon a time? No.

It's a hard fought game once a year and a blow out later that year. But I don't root for them to lose week in and week out like I do a real rival. That's my measuring stick at least.

MinotBison
10-12-2019, 10:25 PM
[QUOTE=Professor Chaos;1374069]Possibly, both Delaware and UND laying eggs today will offset some of that.[/QUOTE

UND laying a MAJOR egg 55-20. Bubba's seat has got to be awfully warm right about now.

steelbison
10-12-2019, 10:27 PM

What the hell are you talking about. The UNI player knocked the ball down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin
10-12-2019, 10:32 PM

It wasn't in the best spot either. Hung in the air for a long time. I was impressed Watson got himself in a position to make the play.

NDSUstudent
10-12-2019, 10:32 PM
The flea flicker was a poor throw from Trey, it was underthrown. Watson didn't really have a chance.

Kevin
10-12-2019, 10:34 PM
The flea flicker was a poor throw from Trey, it was underthrown. Watson didn't really have a chance.

I like the idea of the play. I think it just had to develop faster. I'd like to see it again down the road.

Professor Chaos
10-12-2019, 10:35 PM
He could've caught it but it would've been a really good contested catch (much like his TD catch was). That might've been a situation where he would've been better off jumping and letting the ball come into his body (Randy Moss style) instead of trying to high point it. In the end though it needs to be a better throw... Watson had his guy beat by 2 steps easily.

123Gobison
10-12-2019, 10:44 PM

Well Darius Shepard would have caught it [#deep purple]

123Gobison
10-12-2019, 10:45 PM

I disagree. Watson did catch the ball but he could not hold on to it.

123Gobison
10-12-2019, 10:47 PM
He could've caught it but it would've been a really good contested catch (much like his TD catch was). That might've been a situation where he would've been better off jumping and letting the ball come into his body (Randy Moss style) instead of trying to high point it. In the end though it needs to be a better throw... Watson had his guy beat by 2 steps easily.

I agree. it looked like Watson had to come back to catch the ball.

Jim Puetz
10-12-2019, 10:57 PM
Williams from UNI is a ***kwimp to quote a line from Warriors. That guy is a complete jackass.

bisonp
10-12-2019, 11:00 PM
I am most certainly no expert on throwing mechanics, but that flea flicker play sure looked to be all arm. Trey did not seem to step into the throw (and it got a bit too much air).

Mechanics aside, that was a thing of beauty other than not getting it there. Looked effortless. He's got a heck of an arm.

Professor Chaos
10-12-2019, 11:02 PM
SDSU down 14-3 early 2nd quarter in Youngstown. If that score holds the Bison will be one of only 2 MVFC teams undefeated through 2 weeks of conference play. The other??? The Coyotes from South Dakota of course.

NDSU1980
10-12-2019, 11:04 PM
SDSU down 14-3 early 2nd quarter in Youngstown. If that score holds the Bison will be one of only 2 MVFC teams undefeated through 2 weeks of conference play. The other??? The Coyotes from South Dakota of course.

And if the bunnies lose the committee will use that as an excuse to put them on our side again come playoff time. I don't mind beating the rabbits I like fresh meat better.

X-Factor
10-12-2019, 11:59 PM
No way that uni quarterback is there starter for 4 years.

He’s a Nick Foles kind of guy from what I’ve seen

X-Factor
10-13-2019, 12:02 AM
2 and 3 are spot on. I watched the whole game in hopes that we could just hang 7 more on them. The frosh's last touchdown gave me a bit of an extra step to help finish the day strong. No need for a rivalry trophy for this game as a W is good enough. Unfortunately, after the Rabbits we will have nothing else to look forward to until Montana comes to the Dome during the playoffs and then against JMU in Frisco.

Normally I’d say I’m super excited to watch the young 2nd/3rd string players get time against WIU/SIU/etc, but the first string already has a bunch of those guys.

aces1180
10-13-2019, 12:05 AM
It was a fun game and I was happy to be able to go!

Our running game is amazing and our defense is stout as always. Bend and don't break!

EC8CH
10-13-2019, 12:09 AM
It was a fun game and I was happy to be able to go!

Our running game is amazing and our defense is stout as always. Bend and don't break!

Must spread rep.

We are all glad you were able to go as well.

Gully
10-13-2019, 12:15 AM
21-9 YSU over SDSU with 7:17 left in 3rd.

123Gobison
10-13-2019, 12:17 AM

YSU is a field goal kicking team, Jackrabbits are are TD team. I wouldnt count the sly Stig's team out. They will pull some tricks out of their hat. Just saying.

heffray
10-13-2019, 12:21 AM

The touchdown throw to Watson was a dime.

X-Factor
10-13-2019, 12:30 AM
Jacks just got a gift wrapped TD from the refs.

heffray
10-13-2019, 12:31 AM
Jacks just got a gift wrapped TD from the refs.

That was a terrible call.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
10-13-2019, 12:42 AM

Think of the lead we would have on them if we'd have been playing them through the 80's and 90s.

AKBison
10-13-2019, 12:43 AM

There was definitely some dropped balls on the field today but Watson wasn't party to that. DB made a nice play on the flea flicker. That incompletion your doggin CW for was on Trey for leaving it short.

AKBison
10-13-2019, 12:46 AM
Think of the lead we would have on them if we'd have been playing them through the 80's and 90s.

True but they would have owned us from 95-08. Those are their glory years but unfortunately all they got out of it was a painted up garage door and 0 Natty's.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
10-13-2019, 12:48 AM
I think everyone in the country saw that whole right side of their O line move prior to the snap except the refs on their first TD.

VirginiaBison
10-13-2019, 12:57 AM
Bunnies just took lead over the Penguins

RonMexico
10-13-2019, 01:00 AM
Mechanics aside, that was a thing of beauty other than not getting it there. Looked effortless. He's got a heck of an arm.

yeah...looked like Trey was throwing a touch pass instead of a long bomb...he just needs to let that rip and let Watson run under it instead of trying to touch it in there.

Tony Almeida
10-13-2019, 01:48 AM
yeah...looked like Trey was throwing a touch pass instead of a long bomb...he just needs to let that rip and let Watson run under it instead of trying to touch it in there.This is the most accurate statement of what happened on that play.

StL Bison Fan
10-13-2019, 01:54 AM
Don’t be coming into the Fargodome wearing white.

Also the Cox penalty happened right in front of us and we never figured out what the issue was.

1st&TennBison
10-13-2019, 02:18 AM
This is the most accurate statement of what happened on that play.

I can take it one step better. Some guy threw the football thinggy and a different guy dropped the football thinggy. No need for all that other technical mumbo jumbo.

89MTBISON
10-13-2019, 02:19 AM

Also the Cox penalty happened right in front of us and we never figured out what the issue was.

He was trying to drag one of the UNI players closer to the ball as it rolled towards the end zone on that punt. The UNI player took offense and they both took turns shoving one another. Jabril started it but imo it should not have been a penalty either way.

DCBison
10-13-2019, 02:27 AM

Interesting thought. Because...??

Professor Chaos
10-13-2019, 02:27 AM

That was a comical call. Seemed like the referees we're trying to outhink themselves and try to get the guy who started it instead of the guy who retaliated even though that retaliation was a pop to the helmet.

This is how I recall it going down:
1) #9 (punt returner) for UNI starts pushing his way into the pile of Bison punt coverage guys presumably to try to pick up the ball when/if a Bison guy touches but doesn't cover the ball.
2) Cox gives him a shove and #9 gives him a shove back.
3) Another Bison player gives him a shove and #9 gives him a shove back.
4) Hendricks grabs #9 and tries to move him away from the crowd of Bison players and #9 gives him a shove and then pops him with an open hand upper cut to the facemask.

I though for sure #9 was going to get a PF and that maybe they would call it offsetting. To just call a PF on the Bison and nothing else was nothing short of comical.

Professor Chaos
10-13-2019, 02:42 AM
Dakota schools in MVFC conference play: 6-0
The rest of the MVFC in conference play: 4-10

123Gobison
10-13-2019, 02:54 AM

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

daddy daycare
10-13-2019, 03:02 AM
22 from UNI was on his back more than Ron Jeremy. In the second half the oline was pancaking players 10 yards downfield. Excellent effort,

89MTBISON
FCS is a dumpster fire this year. We won't be challenged in the second half any game till what, Montana in the semis, or JMU in the chipper? Can I hope for a one loss Villanova in the dome in the playoffs for something new?

Professor Chaos
That #9 fellow from UNI seems like a real likeable guy....

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191013/7d7239f03e6e12aefcc99792df6fa887.jpg

daddy daycare
10-13-2019, 03:13 AM
The 12 men on the UNI defense was a classic sign of a team losing their composure. First of all they called a TO because they only had 10on the field (if I’m recalling this correctly).

They come line up and the entire NW end zone is yelling for a minute about 12 on the field. Back judge must not have believed it because he sat there for awhile like “no f’ing way that’s possible” until finally he’s like “holy sh*t the fans are right” and let’s it fly.

The Farley loses his mind before he looks out there after 30 more seconds and realizes there’s 12 on the field and insert Homer Simpson back tracking into the bush.gif.

ndsubison1
10-13-2019, 03:15 AM
FCS is a dumpster fire this year. We won't be challenged in the second half any game till what, Montana in the semis, or JMU in the chipper? Can I hope for a one loss Villanova in the dome in the playoffs for something new?

Sdsu game.

scottietohottie
10-13-2019, 03:18 AM
The twelve men on the field was comical. I think the delay of game shortly after was because they were trying to count to 11. It takes longer then 25 seconds to count that high in Iowa apparently. I'll be surprised if the other team gets called for a penalty for the rest of the season. Seriously what a joke. Im pretty sure the left guard for uni jumped twice. Once on his own once with others. And nobody hit 9 after the whistle. He got popped before the whistle blew.

You know how when your playing madden and some punk goes for it on every fourth down and just does everything they can to mess with you. Well Matt Entz has been on that side of stig for long enough that im convinced those 2pt conversions are for him. Matt Entz is going to take the gloves off for the bunnies. I can feel it. Won't even be surprised if it's the bison who are going for it on fourth down. Like how he coaches so far. No mercy.

scottietohottie
10-13-2019, 03:28 AM
You can't run against uni.

BisonNeil
10-13-2019, 03:37 AM
I think everyone in the country saw that whole right side of their O line move prior to the snap except the refs on their first TD.

That really fing pissed me off. The line judges SSTAS!

HerdBot
10-13-2019, 03:45 AM

I thought it was a false start and they blew the play dead for a second

23Bison
10-13-2019, 03:45 AM
That #9 fellow from UNI seems like a real likeable guy....

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191013/7d7239f03e6e12aefcc99792df6fa887.jpg

Probably still crabby when Easton was shoving him all over the end zone last year for a TD.

StL Bison Fan
10-13-2019, 03:54 AM
Kolpack said in his article that attendance was 18,178

bisonforever
10-13-2019, 04:02 AM
Our OT’s were dominant! Name another program that moves an All-American tackle to guard and is better for it!(Zack J)

heffray
10-13-2019, 04:08 AM
Sdsu game.

Yeah. Impressive comeback in Youngstown today.

IndyBison
10-13-2019, 06:12 AM
That was a comical call. Seemed like the referees we're trying to outhink themselves and try to get the guy who started it instead of the guy who retaliated even though that retaliation was a pop to the helmet.

This is how I recall it going down:
1) #9 (punt returner) for UNI starts pushing his way into the pile of Bison punt coverage guys presumably to try to pick up the ball when/if a Bison guy touches but doesn't cover the ball.
2) Cox gives him a shove and #9 gives him a shove back.
3) Another Bison player gives him a shove and #9 gives him a shove back.
4) Hendricks grabs #9 and tries to move him away from the crowd of Bison players and #9 gives him a shove and then pops him with an open hand upper cut to the facemask.

I though for sure #9 was going to get a PF and that maybe they would call it offsetting. To just call a PF on the Bison and nothing else was nothing short of comical.If it's just pushing and shoving not related to the play (applies if started before play is dead) offsetting unsportsmanlike conduct penalties are usually pointless. They are probably directed to get the guy who started it if you know it

I didn't see this play so not sure if that's what happened but based that on some of the comments.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
10-13-2019, 12:45 PM
If it's just pushing and shoving not related to the play (applies if started before play is dead) offsetting unsportsmanlike conduct penalties are usually pointless. They are probably directed to get the guy who started it if you know it

I didn't see this play so not sure if that's what happened but based that on some of the comments.

Two unsportsmanlikes in the same game and you're ejected though right? It's like double technicals in basketball... no effect on the play but puts the two guys "on notice" to knock that shit off. I didn't notice it in real time but I saw a video on Facebook where Cox does grab #9 and tries to pull him towards the ball (like 89MTBISON said) which leads to a shove from #9 and that set off the whole sequence.

What floored me about the call was the flag didn't come out until 4 shoves later after #9 popped a Bison player in the helmet.

EDIT: The play starts here (you'll need ESPN+ to watch it): https://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=c2aba7ed-a008-4597-a8f0-13943f3279f4&t=02h02m33s

Gully
10-13-2019, 01:13 PM
If it's just pushing and shoving not related to the play (applies if started before play is dead) offsetting unsportsmanlike conduct penalties are usually pointless. They are probably directed to get the guy who started it if you know it

Cox did "start it" but what he did I don't think would be a foul. It escalated with the UNI guy giving a nice hand to the face and that's when the flag came out. It was the first action that looked excessive to me. I was expecting a foul on UNI or possibly offsetting. Whatever, it didn't really matter.

EC8CH
10-13-2019, 01:15 PM
Cox did "start it" but what he did I don't think would be a foul. It escalated with the UNI guy giving a nice hand to the face and that's when the flag came out. It was the first action that looked excessive to me. I was expecting a foul on UNI or possibly offsetting. Whatever, it didn't really matter.

Exactly what I thought. Cox was in his face walking him back from the play, then he shoved Cox right in the face. Call me crazy, guy who takes a shot at someone's head should get the flag.

eman
10-13-2019, 02:21 PM
looked on inforum and didnt see the postgame presser's. Did anyone else run across them?

SafeTeeJ
10-13-2019, 02:59 PM
looked on inforum and didnt see the postgame presser's. Did anyone else run across them?

Yep, it is on there. Farley answered 2 questions then jumped and ran out of there!

gumby013
10-13-2019, 03:01 PM
Trey with a helmet sticker.

https://i.imgur.com/iYlTBfD.jpg

StL Bison Fan
10-13-2019, 03:01 PM
https://www.thegazette.com/subject/sports/uni-panthers/uni-vs-north-dakota-state-foootball-score-postgame-reaction-20191012

Bisman
10-13-2019, 03:11 PM
NDSU Postgame Presser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1C0r5Z2H04

GreenfieldBison
10-13-2019, 03:12 PM
https://www.thegazette.com/subject/sports/uni-panthers/uni-vs-north-dakota-state-foootball-score-postgame-reaction-20191012

"they controlled everything" Is he saying our guys don't play nice or fair?

tony
10-13-2019, 03:34 PM
I didn't get back until the 3rd quarter was underway... saw 2 3&outs by NDSU and UNI drop a TD pass and miss a FG and I was thinking that UNI might have a small chance.

Not with NDSU's offensive line and our RBs though. Cofield's ability to get extra yards and extend drives just destroyed their defense.

IBleedYellow
10-13-2019, 03:37 PM

Sent from my SM-G975U using TapatalkCox was 100% the instigator. I know Bison fans won't like this, but 9 was just sort of watching around the pill and Cox tried to grab him and pull him to touch the ball....which if I remember the rules, wouldn't even count as him touching it anyway.

9 pushed him off of him to get him to let go. Then it was some pushing and shoving.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

EC8CH
10-13-2019, 03:39 PM
Cox was 100% the instigator. I know Bison fans won't like this, but 9 was just sort of watching around the pill and Cox tried to grab him and pull him to touch the ball....which if I remember the rules, wouldn't even count as him touching it anyway.

9 pushed him off of him to get him to let go. Then it was some pushing and shoving.

Yet only one guy threw a shot to the face after the play was blown dead.

GreenfieldBison
10-13-2019, 03:41 PM
Yet only one guy threw a shot to the face after the play was blown dead.

Right in front of a zebra too. And that same guy threw something else too when the call was announced.

BisManBison
10-13-2019, 04:00 PM
NDSU Postgame Presser

UNI imbedded in that video. Farley comes on at the 10:50 mark.

MNLonghorn10
10-13-2019, 04:38 PM
https://csnbbs.com/thread-884779-post-16369012.html#pid16369012

oh well. I guess when you win on the road vs ranked teams by 30+, it isnt good enough.

ndsu cant help these other teams fucking suck.

scottietohottie
10-13-2019, 05:41 PM
Cox was 100% the instigator. I know Bison fans won't like this, but 9 was just sort of watching around the pill and Cox tried to grab him and pull him to touch the ball....which if I remember the rules, wouldn't even count as him touching it anyway.

No 9 started going to the ball and Cox popped him before the whistle. Square shoulder pop nothing wrong. Then the whistle blew. I seen it.

tjamz
10-13-2019, 05:43 PM

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TapatalkLooks like a play by Cox to try and block #9 into the football (not a penalty, but may not result in possession implications). #9 then shoves Cox in the pads and Cox shoves him back in the pads before 94 steps in to to stop the fight only to get a shot to the facemask....But somehow Cox gets a penalty?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

IndyBison
10-13-2019, 05:52 PM
Two unsportsmanlikes in the same game and you're ejected though right? It's like double technicals in basketball... no effect on the play but puts the two guys "on notice" to knock that shit off. I didn't notice it in real time but I saw a video on Facebook where Cox does grab #9 and tries to pull him towards the ball (like 89MTBISON said) which leads to a shove from #9 and that set off the whole sequence.

What floored me about the call was the flag didn't come out until 4 shoves later after #9 popped a Bison player in the helmet.

EDIT: The play starts here (you'll need ESPN+ to watch it): https://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=c2aba7ed-a008-4597-a8f0-13943f3279f4&t=02h02m33s

Both are valid and could be applied based on the overall circumstance. Bottom line is don't start something if you don't want to possibly get flagged for it. And don't retaliate because you both may get it or the official may only see the retaliation. From what I remember of the play it was rolling dead surrounded by Bison players to down it. No need for anyone to be blocking (especially kicking team) or pushing anyone.

slips
10-13-2019, 06:03 PM
Great game by the Bison and great to see the game by game improvement. Although I suspect and hope the read option to the fullback will be eliminated from the playbook....that is all!

TAILG8R
10-13-2019, 06:10 PM
Some laughing at my post about UNI's qb not being their starter for 4 years.

IMO he's too small to be a running qb in the MVFC long term. Yes he seemed quick and could move around but still didn't manage to move himself into positions to make plays. He's also not big enough to stand in the pocket. But the biggest reason is Farley. When is the last time Farley had a qb that he let start every game of the year let alone multiple years or God forbid 4.

westnodak93bison
10-13-2019, 06:22 PM
Trey throws 3 td and no picks. Imho he is way ahead of where Easton was even in his sophomore year

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

GreenfieldBison
10-13-2019, 06:39 PM
Some laughing at my post about UNI's qb not being their starter for 4 years.

IMO he's too small to be a running qb in the MVFC long term. Yes he seemed quick and could move around but still didn't manage to move himself into positions to make plays. He's also not big enough to stand in the pocket. But the biggest reason is Farley. When is the last time Farley had a qb that he let start every game of the year let alone multiple years or God forbid 4.

I’m not going to laugh at you but I will disagree a bit. I rewatched the game this morning and both live and rewatch I thought he looked pretty good. Keep in mind he had no running game to help him out and you are comparing him head to head to T Lance.

EC8CH
10-13-2019, 06:42 PM
I’m not going to laugh at you but I will disagree a bit. I rewatched the game this morning and both live and rewatch I thought he looked pretty good. Keep in mind he had no running game to help him out and you are comparing him head to head to T Lance.

He looks good, but with his size has a.... Limited ceiling ;) ;)

WeAreThePride
10-13-2019, 06:45 PM
Trey throws 3 td and no picks. Imho he is way ahead of where Easton was even in his sophomore year

I’m with you. Early in Easton’s career, he was competent.

Lance is brilliant.

TAILG8R
10-13-2019, 06:47 PM
I’m not going to laugh at you but I will disagree a bit. I rewatched the game this morning and both live and rewatch I thought he looked pretty good. Keep in mind he had no running game to help him out and you are comparing him head to head to T Lance.Fair enough. I think he's a decent qb I just don't see it long term. Plus you're right I tend to compare other teams starters with what we've been spoiled with for years at NDSU and not just at that position.

wagsabison
10-13-2019, 06:53 PM

Agreed. I also think Trey has a lot more weapons than Easton had.

DCBison
10-13-2019, 07:04 PM
Yes, you do make some good points - especially the point about Farley going to Farley and probably screw up his qb.

I thought he (qb) was impressive though, especially considering all the pressure our dline was able to get.

GreenfieldBison
10-13-2019, 07:17 PM
Fari enough. I think he's a decent qb I just don't see it long term. Plus you're right I tend to compare other teams starters with what we've been spoiled with for years at NDSU and not just at that position.

Getting tougher and tougher for some of us to assess other FCS talent. Me included of course.

DORMIE
10-13-2019, 07:26 PM
About 3 times it appeared that he was going out of bounds, the
defender let up and he went for more yards. Film will show
that and some day someone will just light him up and
you won't see him again.

NorthernBison
10-13-2019, 07:37 PM
About 3 times it appeared that he was going out of bounds, the
defender let up and he went for more yards. Film will show
that and some day someone will just light him up and
you won't see him again.

He needs to be taught a lesson.

westnodak93bison
10-13-2019, 07:40 PM
Agreed. I also think Trey has a lot more weapons than Easton had.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkRoehl>TP

IBleedYellow
10-13-2019, 09:01 PM
Both are valid and could be applied based on the overall circumstance. Bottom line is don't start something if you don't want to possibly get flagged for it. And don't retaliate because you both may get it or the official may only see the retaliation. From what I remember of the play it was rolling dead surrounded by Bison players to down it. No need for anyone to be blocking (especially kicking team) or pushing anyone.

Exactly. Zero reason for Cox to be doing that.

Twincitybizon
10-13-2019, 09:37 PM
Exactly. Zero reason for Cox to be doing that.

That's not the mindset a killer football team has. Play with an edge. Play physical. That's some real weak shit you're talking. Personal opinion

Bison 4 Life
10-13-2019, 09:48 PM
He was in a bad position to be trying to block him into the ball. He got a penalty. Nobody died. Move on.

IndyBison
10-13-2019, 10:19 PM
That's not the mindset a killer football team has. Play with an edge. Play physical. That's some real weak shit you're talking. Personal opinionDo it within the rules or be willing to get flagged if you cross the line. Coaches often tell players to play to the whistle which he means play the entire play. The problem with that is the play is almost always over before the whistle blows. The ball becomes dead by rule in all cases but one...an inadvertent whistle. We'll have fouls on defenders who pile on a runner on the ground and claim the whistle hadn't blown. The down was over when the runner was down, not when the whistle blew.

Buffalo.Rider
10-14-2019, 02:21 PM
... Overall a very good win against a decent FCS team. Will be interesting to see how UNI plays the rest of the way.

Despite having more than one loss on this years schedule, UNI has shown that when they play their best they are better than a 'decent FCS team', IMO. They pushed Iowa State into triple OT - a game they could have won. That Iowa State Team is 4-2, their two losses by a combined 3 points, with on of those losses to unbeaten Baylor. Iowa State is a very good FBS team this year. I am a little surprised UNI has as many losses as they do. They seem to be up-and-down. They get a quality win (or in ISU's case a quality loss), then lose a game it seems they should have won.

South Dakota State - also a really good team when playing their best. They could have (probably should have) beat Minnesota who is now 6-0 and will be 7-0 after playing Rutgers next week (unless winless Rutgers magically gets their game in order by next Saturday). The MVFC is a tough conference once again.

scottietohottie
10-14-2019, 02:35 PM
Do it within the rules or be willing to get flagged if you cross the line. Coaches often tell players to play to the whistle which he means play the entire play. The problem with that is the play is almost always over before the whistle blows. The ball becomes dead by rule in all cases but one...an inadvertent whistle. We'll have fouls on defenders who pile on a runner on the ground and claim the whistle hadn't blown. The down was over when the runner was down, not when the whistle blew.

I'd like to hear your take on Sproles getting his helmet ripped off his head while being tackled not being a penalty and also on one play a bison got pushed out of bounds by a uni player then uni 94 jumped on top of the bison 3 yards out of bounds how that's not a penalty?

To me those are the flags that need to be thrown to prevent an injury from happening. That's how you clean up football. Don't let crap like that happen. Those two plays being allowed is also what makes that punt penalty so frustrating.

Gary Hansen
10-14-2019, 02:42 PM
Despite having more than one loss on this years schedule, UNI has shown that when they play their best they are better than a 'decent FCS team', IMO. They pushed Iowa State into triple OT - a game they could have won. That Iowa State Team is 4-2, their two losses by a combined 3 points, with on of those losses to unbeaten Baylor. Iowa State is a very good FBS team this year. I am a little surprised UNI has as many losses as they do. They seem to be up-and-down. They get a quality win (or in ISU's case a quality loss), then lose a game it seems they should have won.

South Dakota State - also a really good team when playing their best. They could have (probably should have) beat Minnesota who is now 6-0 and will be 7-0 after playing Rutgers next week (unless winless Rutgers magically gets their game in order by next Saturday). The MVFC is a tough conference once again.

Kyle Emmanuel mentioned something this morning on the Locker Room that is true. The FCS, in general, is inconsistent year in and year out. I would argue that although we have had one off game hear or there, we are the most consistent and that's why we win. Maybe just stating the obvious.

cbline
10-14-2019, 02:49 PM
Kyle Emmanuel mentioned something this morning on the Locker Room that is true. The FCS, in general, is inconsistent year in and year out. I would argue that although we have had one off game hear or there, we are the most consistent and that's why we win. Maybe just stating the obvious.

Yes, maybe the obvious. NDSU has a "program" like New England has a "program." The team goals are greater than the individual goals. Players are brought on to contribute their particular piece to the overall process. That is why Belicheck can insert low draft picks and castoff veterans into the team and still get consistent results. Development of a process is greater than short-term FBS transfer fixes for long-term success.

IndyBison
10-14-2019, 02:57 PM
I'd like to hear your take on Sproles getting his helmet ripped off his head while being tackled not being a penalty and also on one play a bison got pushed out of bounds by a uni player then uni 94 jumped on top of the bison 3 yards out of bounds how that's not a penalty?

To me those are the flags that need to be thrown to prevent an injury from happening. That's how you clean up football. Don't let crap like that happen. Those two plays being allowed is also what makes that punt penalty so frustrating.

I don't remember the play where the runner's helmet came off. Helmets pop off all the time because players don't always wear them tight enough. Unless you saw the defender grab a helmet opening (face mask, ear hole, outside edge) you can't flag it for a face mask personal foul. This sometimes happens in a pile of players or the covering official is shielded from the helmet of the runner. You can't guess that it was pulled off.

I think I saw the play by 94 you are talking about. It jumped out at me live as a possible hit out of bounds. The runner was going up the sideline with him behind the runner. There was another defender between 94 and the runner who legally hit the runner near the sideline and rode him out of bounds. The contact by 94 appeared to be while the runner was out of bounds, but all his contact was against his teammate. I assumed that was why the official passed. Doesn't mean he was right or he will be graded as a correct call, but that's what I saw on video.

TAILG8R
10-14-2019, 03:09 PM

You obviously haven't heard the JMU fans crying at the top of their lungs how NDSU is not that good this year, the MVFC is just down.

Bison56
10-14-2019, 03:15 PM
You obviously haven't heard the JMU fans crying at the top of their lungs how NDSU is not that good this year, the MVFC is just down.

And I thought JSU fans cried a lot.

Mr Meaty
10-14-2019, 03:20 PM

I agree with both of your calls or lack there of. The pile on by 94 could have been flagged and no one would have been upset by that. But that is correct of how a game gets cleaned up. The helmet ripped off should have been for lack of a better word a face mask penalty. This can as always with UNI was chippy from the start.

CyPanth
10-14-2019, 03:25 PM
It was 18-14 when I tuned in. Got my hopes up. Then, ugh! Just another painful trip to Fargo.

TAILG8R
10-14-2019, 03:33 PM
Trey with a helmet sticker.

https://i.imgur.com/iYlTBfD.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7eURKAGf5I&feature=youtu.be&t=1835

scottietohottie
10-14-2019, 06:09 PM
Well I guess this answers my question PL.

NDSU's Schoening Named Valley Football Offensive Lineman of the Week http://gobison.com//news/2019/10/14/ndsus-schoening-named-valley-football-offensive-lineman-of-the-week.aspx

1998braves64
10-14-2019, 06:13 PM
I don't remember the play where the runner's helmet came off. Helmets pop off all the time because players don't always wear them tight enough. Unless you saw the defender grab a helmet opening (face mask, ear hole, outside edge) you can't flag it for a face mask personal foul. This sometimes happens in a pile of players or the covering official is shielded from the helmet of the runner. You can't guess that it was pulled off.

I think I saw the play by 94 you are talking about. It jumped out at me live as a possible hit out of bounds. The runner was going up the sideline with him behind the runner. There was another defender between 94 and the runner who legally hit the runner near the sideline and rode him out of bounds. The contact by 94 appeared to be while the runner was out of bounds, but all his contact was against his teammate. I assumed that was why the official passed. Doesn't mean he was right or he will be graded as a correct call, but that's what I saw on video.

From replay in dome it wasn't real clear, definitely not a facemask that was grabbed but appeared to me he got his fingers inside the edge in the eyes area of the helmet where it is a bit wider gap. Somehow in the process off the tackle he was able to pull on that edge hard enough that when Sproles bounced his helmet popped off but it wasn't an obvious pull and only seeing one replay in dome and I haven't gone back and watched TV broadcast. Sproles didn't get up for awhile but he did trot off the field and did return to the game, so obviously something didn't feel good for him for awhile. My memory may be bad on this as I kind of moved on and didn't think much of it I guess.

Not saying it should have been called one way or another. just his hand placement in live action I thought it was a facemask but then saw the replay wasn't really sure after that.

56BISON73
10-14-2019, 06:14 PM
From replay in dome it wasn't real clear, definitely not a facemask that was grabbed but appeared to me he got his fingers inside the edge in the eyes area of the helmet where it is a bit wider gap. Somehow in the process off the tackle he was able to pull on that edge hard enough that when Sproles bounced his helmet popped off but it wasn't an obvious pull and only seeing one replay in dome and I haven't gone back and watched TV broadcast. Sproles didn't get up for awhile but he did trot off the field and did return to the game, so obviously something didn't feel good for him for awhile. My memory may be bad on this as I kind of moved on and didn't think much of it I guess.

That hemet was ripped off.

Mr Meaty
10-14-2019, 06:52 PM
That hemet was ripped off.

Agreed it sure was.

EC8CH
10-14-2019, 06:58 PM
That officiating crew was just not interested in throwing many flags at all. I was worried things might get out of hand considering it was NDSU vs UNI.

Professor Chaos
10-14-2019, 07:26 PM

Not saying it should have been called one way or another. just his hand placement in live action I thought it was a facemask but then saw the replay wasn't really sure after that.
They had the play on the Coach's show (4:18 mark if the video doesn't automatically start there):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReeosFPvRcA?t=4m18s

Looked like he got his fingers in the earhole or in the opening under the earhole and flung him down with that grip causing the helmet to come off. Didn't seem like a malicious play by the UNI defender (who was their punt returner involved in the incident later in the game) but it certainly seemed just as dangerous as a traditional facemask grab/yank and it looked like Sproles helmet-less head smacked the turf and that's why he was slow to get up.

EDIT: The play where #94 for UNI piles on Kobe Johnson out of bounds starts at the 5:30 mark as well.

Gary Hansen
10-14-2019, 07:29 PM
Anyone have a link to Farley in post game presser?

BisManBison
10-14-2019, 07:38 PM

NDSU Postgame Presser

UNI post game presser imbedded in the video link above. Farley comes on at the 10:50 mark.

BisManBison
10-14-2019, 07:41 PM

NDSU Postgame Presser

They had the play on the Coach's show (4:18 mark if the video doesn't automatically start there):

Looked like he got his fingers in the earhole or in the opening under the earhole and flung him down with that grip causing the helmet to come off. Didn't seem like a malicious play by the UNI defender (who was their punt returner involved in the incident later in the game) but it certainly seemed just as dangerous as a traditional facemask grab/yank and it looked like Sproles helmet-less head smacked the turf and that's why he was slow to get up.

EDIT: The play where #94 for UNI piles on Kobe Johnson out of bounds starts at the 5:30 mark as well.

When helmets pop off, they roll a yard or two. When helmets get ripped off, they roll 10 yards or so. Everyone can draw their own conclusions as to whether the helmet popped off or was ripped off. The replay speaks for itself. If anyone is interested in what my conclusion is, which I'm sure I can count on zero fingers the number of people interested in my conclusions, the helmet rolled a long ways.

Bison 4 Life
10-14-2019, 07:56 PM
You can get the same leverage on the bottom of the helmet edge at the right angle without ever having reached in. Looks like that.

JMB
10-14-2019, 08:00 PM

To me it looks like he got him high, its the right arm that pops the helmet off. I think a fair argument could be, "tighten up the chin strap".

Professor Chaos
10-14-2019, 08:05 PM
You can get the same leverage on the bottom of the helmet edge at the right angle without ever having reached in. Looks like that.
Pretty sure that's still a penalty though. Indy said face mask, ear hole, or outside edge is, by definition, a penalty. In any case, it didn't really have an impact on the game since Sproles came back and they continued to move the ball on that drive anyway. There didn't seem to be any intent from the UNI guy to do anything illegal or dangerous but that doesn't mean it shouldn't have been flagged.

Bison 4 Life
10-14-2019, 08:07 PM
Pretty sure that's still a penalty though. Indy said face mask, ear hole, or outside edge is, by definition, a penalty. In any case, it didn't really have an impact on the game since Sproles came back and they continued to move the ball on that drive anyway. There didn't seem to be any intent from the UNI guy to do anything illegal or dangerous but that doesn't mean it shouldn't have been flagged.

That's why I'm always weirded out the the bull tackles that happen around the neck. that's a bad spot to grab.

TBone
10-14-2019, 08:13 PM
My daughter called me today and Telluride for Thanksgiving. I said ok. Doing Breck after Christmas. Tony sucks

NorthernBison
10-14-2019, 08:19 PM

For cripes sake you guys, he also said the official had to SEE it. Doesn’t make a difference how far the helmet rolled or whatever other criteria the junior detectives come up with.

Officials should not call what they think happened. Only what they see. Apparently no official SAW anything that was a foul. Doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

Professor Chaos
10-14-2019, 08:28 PM
For cripes sake you guys, he also said the official had to SEE it. Doesn’t make a difference how far the helmet rolled or whatever other criteria the junior detectives come up with.

Officials should not call what they think happened. Only what they see. Apparently no official SAW anything that was a foul. Doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

Line Judge had an unobstructed view of it from about 10-20 feet away. Not sure whether it was his call to make or not but there was nothing out there to block multiple officials' view of the play. If I was a coach and I was told by an official that they didn't see a violation on a play like that I'd be pretty frustrated. But referees screw up from time to time just like players and coaches do. In general I think MVFC referees are better than some of the clown crews we see in the playoffs.

Mr Pep Band
10-14-2019, 08:31 PM

Perspective, everyone watching the game has a different viewing angle. Literally and figuratively. I fully agree the refs should not call what they don't see.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/b6e3f8b92451b69118160f2bba24236e/tumblr_phohkiQXJ81tm0eroo5_500.gif

Mr Meaty
10-14-2019, 08:42 PM
Line Judge had an unobstructed view of it from about 10-20 feet away. Not sure whether it was his call to make or not but there was nothing out there to block multiple officials' view of the play. If I was a coach and I was told by an official that they didn't see a violation on a play like that I'd be pretty frustrated. But referees screw up from time to time just like players and coaches do. In general I think MVFC referees are better than some of the clown crews we see in the playoffs.

Was this a new crew in town last week? At a minimum I did not recognize the White hat as being there before as a white hat. I thought they did a good job with the exception of the two calls being debated. There will always be missed calls. That just happens. Win some and lose some.

Professor Chaos
10-14-2019, 08:46 PM
Was this a new crew in town last week? At a minimum I did not recognize the White hat as being there before as a white hat. I thought they did a good job with the exception of the two calls being debated. There will always be missed calls. That just happens. Win some and lose some.
I've seen that white hat watching some other MVFC games on ESPN3/+ earlier this season but I'm pretty sure he's new this year at least. I didn't have a big problem with how the game was officiated. They let UNI get away with some stuff but there was a few times I put my hands on my head expecting laundry to come out against an NDSU player and it didn't so they appeared to be pretty consistent at least and they let the players be physical on both sides.

Hammersmith
10-14-2019, 08:57 PM

JJ on radio said he had blood all over his chin and they were counting his teeth when he got back to the sideline.

IndyBison
10-14-2019, 09:10 PM
That's why I'm always weirded out the the bull tackles that happen around the neck. that's a bad spot to grab.

Correct. A face mask foul applies if the opponent grabs any helmet opening or face mask and twists or pulls. That includes the opening where the head goes into the helmet. If the official determined the edge under the helmet was grabbed and pulled that could be a foul as well.

One little secret I'll let you in on. If the official is watching the runner they are often watching the wrong thing. The hardest thing to get used to when you start officiating is NOT watching the ball because you are so used to watching football by watching the ball. You need to be watching the blocks in and around the runner or action in your area. If you watch the runner you'll miss that illegal block in front of the runner or the pile picker away from the play. On a sideline run you'll need to watch the feet to see if they step out of bounds and may miss something up high. Once the runner is getting tackled you'll focus on him for these types of fouls or fumble/down. Until then you rarely need to watch the runner directly.

There is an art to doing this really well and we are always working to get better at that art. Some are better than others. Those in the MVFC are really good, but they aren't NFL or B1G or even MAC good.

I agree with B4L's comments. Any time I see a defender tackle high I say something to him even though what he did was perfectly legal. By getting your hands or arms up there you are putting yourself at risk of committing a foul. These kinds of fouls are very rarely intentional and mean no malice. They just happen. Another good example of that is a chop block (high/low). Almost every chop block foul I've had I heard the lineman yelling at each other after the play. "I told you not to block the guy I was cutting!" or "Why did you cut my guy?"

IndyBison
10-14-2019, 09:22 PM
I've seen that white hat watching some other MVFC games on ESPN3/+ earlier this season but I'm pretty sure he's new this year at least. I didn't have a big problem with how the game was officiated. They let UNI get away with some stuff but there was a few times I put my hands on my head expecting laundry to come out against an NDSU player and it didn't so they appeared to be pretty consistent at least and they let the players be physical on both sides.

I don't know the R but I knew a couple other guys on the field. One was working his first game in Fargo and the other had worked there many times. The announcers made a comment about the crew working there for the first time which is true for this year, but it's very likely there members of the crew had worked there previously. The MVFC is part of an organization known as the COC. It's something like College Officials Coalition. It includes the officiating staffs of the B1G, MAC, and MVFC. When they are hiring officials into the COC you could end up working any of those conferences so they are looking in the entire footprint of all those conferences. That includes everything from the Dakotas to Maryland and New York. I think they had guys from the east coast on this crew. The R may be new to that position, but that doesn't mean he was new to the MVFC. He could have worked other positions in the past.

Crews are dynamic year to year based on promotions, retirements and dismissals. If you do well in the MVFC you will be moved to a MAC crew and then to a B1G crew. That process can take years

BisManBison
10-14-2019, 09:54 PM

I assume the officials didn't see it or weren't sure what they saw and that's why no flag. Honestly, I watched the replay 4 or 5 times before I was sure what happened when I finally noticed the helmet was flung down the sideline. I'm not complaining about the officials, us junior detectives need something to critique being we just obliterated another top 10 team.

And I believe they said on the broadcast that the officiating crew was from the east coast. At any rate, I didn't really notice the officials during the game save a few plays that were discussed: 1) missed false start on UNI first touchdown (ok, I was mad they missed this one), 2) helmet pulled off, and 3) late hit on the sidelines.

IndyBison
10-14-2019, 10:06 PM
I assume the officials didn't see it or weren't sure what they saw and that's why no flag. Honestly, I watched the replay 4 or 5 times before I was sure what happened when I finally noticed the helmet was flung down the sideline. I'm not complaining about the officials, us junior detectives need something to critique being we just obliterated another top 10 team.

And I believe they said on the broadcast that the officiating crew was from the east coast. At any rate, I didn't really notice the officials during the game save a few plays that were discussed: 1) missed false start on UNI first touchdown (ok, I was mad they missed this one), 2) helmet pulled off, and 3) late hit on the sidelines.

The referee was from the east coast. The rest are likely dispersed throughout the B1G/MAC/MVFC footprint. The two I know are from Ohio and Indiana.

westnodak93bison
10-14-2019, 10:19 PM
That hemet was ripped off.Dirty play similar to the a-hole LB from the Jack's with the alligator roll used on Bruce's leg a couple years ago. Should be at least a 2 game suspension or death via yucca plant

CAS4127
10-14-2019, 10:40 PM
Some here are starting sound like whining babies re: the “no-call” alleged penalties. The players didn’t get too riled up and neither should we. Plus, it’s not like we are beyond ANY wrong-doing now and then. Good God.

EC8CH
10-14-2019, 10:48 PM
Sprole's facemask wasn't as bad as this which wasn't called either:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/PessimisticOrganicHammerheadbird-size_restricted.gif

MN_Moose
10-14-2019, 11:41 PM
The referee was from the east coast. The rest are likely dispersed throughout the B1G/MAC/MVFC footprint. The two I know are from Ohio and Indiana.
General question for Indy Bison. Do officials of different positions I.e. Head linesman or side judge have areas they can call and things they are not supposed to call? i.e. Linesman rarely call holding. Side judge rarely if ever call downfield holds.
Thank you,

scottietohottie
10-15-2019, 12:14 AM
Oh it's just discussion. Didn't effect the outcome. Actually the lack of penalties make that ass kicking that much better.

My original point was that they're trying to make the game safer. If that's so those type of plays should be called 9 out of ten times. Im sure some refs will read this thread and just start throwing flags everywhere next game.

Professor Chaos
10-15-2019, 01:45 AM
Some here are starting sound like whining babies re: the “no-call” alleged penalties. The players didn’t get too riled up and neither should we. Plus, it’s not like we are beyond ANY wrong-doing now and then. Good God.

Do the players get riled up about the head coach's wife's twitter activity? :innocent:

TAILG8R
10-15-2019, 02:00 AM
Do the players get riled up about the head coach's wife's twitter activity? :innocent:Lololololol

Christopher Moen
10-15-2019, 02:06 AM
Do the players get riled up about the head coach's wife's twitter activity? :innocent:

https://media1.tenor.com/images/845171da483c8deae690139798969020/tenor.gif

SoCalBison
10-15-2019, 02:29 AM

I'm seeing Trey make throws that Easton wasn't connecting on until his senior year. Lots of upside yet to come.

scottietohottie
10-15-2019, 02:34 AM
I'm seeing Trey make throws that Easton wasn't connecting on until his senior year. Lots of upside yet to come.

I put my hands on my head twice Saturday when Trey threw that short out route. Had that been Brock or early Easton I think it could have been a pick six. Trey just nailed it. Put it where only his guy could catch it. I've never attempted such a feat but I've heard it's not easy. Guessing that's Randy Hedberg at work with lots of talent to work with.

westnodak93bison
10-15-2019, 02:55 AM
https://youtu.be/DoeAaVqW3Qo

Helmet gets ripped off at about 40:40. I swear there was a slow mo version

Bison 4 Life
10-15-2019, 03:01 AM
https://youtu.be/DoeAaVqW3Qo

Helmet gets ripped off at about 40:40. I swear there was a slow mo version

Yep. You can see the tackler starts high and has nowhere to go with his momentum but with the helmet.

CAS4127
10-15-2019, 03:16 AM

Have you noticed that it has stopped??! Grinning!!

EC8CH
10-15-2019, 03:37 AM
Have you noticed that it has stopped??! Grinning!!

Sorry, haven't noticed.

CAS4127
10-15-2019, 03:43 AM
Sorry, haven't noticed.

I’ve just noticed she isn’t re-tweeting and responding to tweets from players/coaches that others retweet. I don’t follow her or players/coaches like you do.

EC8CH
10-15-2019, 04:03 AM
I’ve just noticed she isn’t re-tweeting and responding to tweets from players/coaches that others retweet. I don’t follow her or players/coaches like you do.

Suuuuuuuuuure. Whatever you say. Mr. Grinny.

Bisman
10-15-2019, 08:11 PM
WDAY Sports Team Post Game Northern Iowa Chat

https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-zone/mens-sports/football/4704563-LIVE-BLOG-Join-the-Sunday-Night-Bison-Live-Chat-with-The-ForumWDAY-sports-team-starting-at-9-p.m.-101319#.XaPOKKX-fBE.twitter